Metroba tries out teh MMV3s

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, the model in that picture is so out of shape to be in an exercise product ad.

I was thinking the same thing, about picking up a weighted belt... that and some chains... I'm a little wary of what is gonna happen the first time I bust the chains out at my gym, I wonder if I am gonna be told to get rid of them, or if they'll let me use them.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Met, if you go with pro wrist straps I have a 15% discount code.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
APT for sure!...That sucks you guys don't have belts at your gym to use. Mine has all that stuff. :dunno:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, the model in that picture is so out of shape to be in an exercise product ad.

I was thinking the same thing, about picking up a weighted belt... that and some chains... I'm a little wary of what is gonna happen the first time I bust the chains out at my gym, I wonder if I am gonna be told to get rid of them, or if they'll let me use them.
So true. Hence why he's using a 10 pound weight in an ad for a bush league website. :toofunny:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awwww! Met is getting all growed up. How old are you broskie? 13, 14, 24?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Met, if you go with pro wrist straps I have a 15% discount code.
AZ, can you PM it to me as well? I need a new set of wrist straps. Mine are one day from snapping in half, mid deadlift..lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a nice workout today! Numbers up on everything! Only thing that suffered was forearms. I attempted to up weight on reverse ez bar curls and my wrist could only take it so far..which isnt saying much. I guess I will have to drop the ego and the weight and just focus on higher reps here.

Pre w/o -
1.75 scoops Slingshot, 200mg caffeine

Intra w/o -
1 scoop Vassive, 1g BA; will def be bumping this up to 2g next time. I didnt even get tingles. I love me some BA! :food:..I may just suck it up and add 3g BA.

tEH brutalzzz Workoutz:

1. warm up scap and hips
2. Incline alt/sup curls - went up 5lbs this week! working set: 50x9-6-8=23 :wtf:..dont know what happened here but it is welcomed! Im pretty sure it was the BA kickin in. This is usually how it works for me.
3. Reverse ez bar curls - went up 10 lbs..stupid stupid :frustrate..I need to use the non fixed ez bars so I can add just 5lbs. working: 70x6..will drop back down and just go for uber high reps
4. stretch for 60 seconds
5. Seated calve extensions - working: 165x12...calves are gettin hyugge!
6. stretch for 60 seconds
7. Lying leg curls - working: went up 5lbs; 140x10-4-4=18
8. Angled leg press - working: 10plates+50x10 (up 3 reps!), widow: 8x20; will try 12 plates next time for working and 8plates+25 for widow...this is the strongest my legs have ever been! Amped about this!
9. Ham stretch - SLDL: 110x60 seconds
10. Quad stretch for 60 seconds

Buurrutal workout!! I almost fell over after those leg presses! :head: :head:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great session met!

Now you are starting to see what i was talking about, when working in the bottom of the rep range;)

I would lower them to a weight where you are getting 20reps, then SLOWLY add weight each time you hit them, trying your hardest to stay at 20. This will come down, by nature, over time, but fight like hell to keep reps up.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Happy Birthday Rob? I think that is what Irish is hinting at.

Anyway, great workout mang.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks mang!

Yeah my bday isnt until the 7th tho lol..but thanks for the early wishes! I cant wait to get this belt...I am so limited when it comes to pullups right now...holding a 40 in between your feet tires the hell outa your hamstrings and also is huge distraction when performing the pullups.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks mang!

Yeah my bday isnt until the 7th tho lol..but thanks for the early wishes! I cant wait to get this belt...I am so limited when it comes to pullups right now...holding a 40 in between your feet tires the hell outa your hamstrings and also is huge distraction when performing the pullups.
Make sure you hang the DB's from the belt rather than the plates. I don't know why so many people use the plates.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks mang!

If you look in the "buy 1 get 1 free" section they have the nylon model, at BOGO.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you look in the "buy 1 get 1 free" section they have the nylon model, at BOGO.
Shoot..I'll get that one then..be good to have a back up anyway.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They have some great sales!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed... nothing wrong with plates.
Plates are a pain in the butt. Constantly having to hook and unhook them. Making 5lb and 10lb changes is annoying. If the chain is too short, the plates pinch your c*ck...F plates. Use DBs.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well Im convinced

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Plates are a pain in the butt. Constantly having to hook and unhook them. Making 5lb and 10lb changes is annoying. If the chain is too short, the plates pinch your c*ck...F plates. Use DBs.
So personal preference. :lol:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
That happened to me yesterday. Not so fresh:paranoid:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just ordered the bogo free weighted belt! Im psyched!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel ya man..get it up (no homo) and post it in here if you want. I'll sub that ish fa sho! :afro:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Met, what was that tuna recipe you posted a while back or just a link to it. I am not finding it.Thanks

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weeerd

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a pretty awesome workout today. Still havent received my Pepto Pro :wtf:. I payed 10$ for shipping. I figured that ensure it would get here in at the MOST 3 days. It is now the 3rd day and its not here :frustrate. Whatever..Im sure it will be here before Saturday, which is my next session. I will also have my dip belt but wont be using it until next Tuesday.

Today I dose 1 scoop Smash, 1 scoop Slingshot pre w/o. Intra I had 1 scoop Vassive, 2g BA. Endurance was def up today but I need to dose my BA higher. I can handle much more tingles and it only gets better anyway.

The w/o -

1. Warmed up scap and stretched
2. Decline iso press - working: 260x4-2-2=8; I accidently went up 10lbs instead of 5. I would have def made at least 11 reps had I only went up 5lbs. I'm happy with this tho. I will stick at this weight for next time.
3. Chest stretch with 45s for 90 seconds. I widened up my grip this time and reallyyy burned and it puuumped my chest up big time.
4. Arnold press - working: 50x7-4-3=14; went up 5lbs and will stick at this weight.
5. stretch for 60 secs
6. Db skullz - working: 45x8-5-3=16; last time I did 40s for 33 reps. I felt so bad ass using the 45s tho :head: I will be sticking at this weight.
7. Tri stretch with 40 for 60 seconds
8. Rack chins - working: bw+45x6-3-4=13; back seems to be progressing faster than the rest of my body :dunno: oh well Im happy with any gains. Will stick at 45 for next time. Waited a minute after this set and did another set of bwx12.
9. 1 arm db rows - working: 100x10; went up 4 reps since last time. Will up weight next time.
10. Did lat stretch with 40lbs in my feet for 22 seconds and dropped it and did another 30 seconds with bw. Cant wait for this dip belt!
11. I was putting the 40 away and decided to bang out another higher rep set of db rows with 75 for 12 reps.

:head::head::head::head:

DC RULZ!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be starting up my Hemodraulix in about a week. I've decided to start widowing every muscle except hamstrings. So I will be adding more size and giving myself a saaweet pump!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Widows on everything? You don't think that will take away from some of your latter exercises?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
and dude, True Protein is from the city I live in. 3000 miles from you. Unless you had it air shipped, 3 days would be an amazing turn around. I know NP doesn't get me my stuff for about 4-5 business days (not complaining at all though, NP is the shiz!), and that is if I don't order it on a weekend.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Had a pretty awesome workout today. Still havent received my Pepto Pro :wtf:. I payed 10$ for shipping. I figured that ensure it would get here in at the MOST 3 days. It is now the 3rd day and its not here :frustrate. Whatever..Im sure it will be here before Saturday, which is my next session. I will also have my dip belt but wont be using it until next Tuesday.

Today I dose 1 scoop Smash, 1 scoop Slingshot pre w/o. Intra I had 1 scoop Vassive, 2g BA. Endurance was def up today but I need to dose my BA higher. I can handle much more tingles and it only gets better anyway.

The w/o -

1. Warmed up scap and stretched
2. Decline iso press - working: 260x4-2-2=8; I accidently went up 10lbs instead of 5. I would have def made at least 11 reps had I only went up 5lbs. I'm happy with this tho. I will stick at this weight for next time.
3. Chest stretch with 45s for 90 seconds. I widened up my grip this time and reallyyy burned and it puuumped my chest up big time.
4. Arnold press - working: 50x7-4-3=14; went up 5lbs and will stick at this weight.
5. stretch for 60 secs
6. Db skullz - working: 45x8-5-3=16; last time I did 40s for 33 reps. I felt so bad ass using the 45s tho :head: I will be sticking at this weight.
7. Tri stretch with 40 for 60 seconds
8. Rack chins - working: bw+45x6-3-4=13; back seems to be progressing faster than the rest of my body :dunno: oh well Im happy with any gains. Will stick at 45 for next time. Waited a minute after this set and did another set of bwx12.
9. 1 arm db rows - working: 100x10; went up 4 reps since last time. Will up weight next time.
10. Did lat stretch with 40lbs in my feet for 22 seconds and dropped it and did another 30 seconds with bw. Cant wait for this dip belt!
11. I was putting the 40 away and decided to bang out another higher rep set of db rows with 75 for 12 reps.

:head::head::head::head:

DC RULZ!
NOICE Funking workouts bro!!!!:head:

I get boners sometimes looking at the numbers (homo x a trillion:eek:p:)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice w/o Met.

Widows are usually just for bringing up a lagging bodypart Met. This would overtrain you champ. Right now I am doing it for my shoulders because they suck. There would be no way I could do it for every muscle group!! Pick a muscle and give that one a month of widows and see if it helps.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice w/o Met.

Widows are usually just for bringing up a lagging bodypart Met. This would overtrain you champ. Right now I am doing it for my shoulders because they suck. There would be no way I could do it for every muscle group!! Pick a muscle and give that one a month of widows and see if it helps.
WERD.

Don't deviate, especially since you have barely gotten your feet wet. You need to grow, all over before you can really identify your weaknesses.

Widows are meant to be done on the 3way split. Doing them like you propose, is a one way ticket to not making gains.

The 2 way split is going to give you the most mass gains, and strength gains, in the shortest time frame. PERIOD.. Everyone starts there, even people that are SUPER advanced.

Just trust that the stronger you get, while eating CORRECTLY, you will make gains.

As for TP, IIRC they ship UPS, which suck balls. Even from Ca-Az it takes like 3-4 days. Fed ex from nutra 3 days, cross country.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
WERD.

Don't deviate, especially since you have barely gotten your feet wet. You need to grow, all over before you can really identify your weaknesses.

Widows are meant to be done on the 3way split. Doing them like you propose, is a one way ticket to not making gains.

The 2 way split is going to give you the most mass gains, and strength gains, in the shortest time frame. PERIOD.. Everyone starts there, even people that are SUPER advanced.

Just trust that the stronger you get, while eating CORRECTLY, you will make gains.

As for TP, IIRC they ship UPS, which suck balls. Even from Ca-Az it takes like 3-4 days. Fed ex from nutra 3 days, cross country.
I agree how can you already make changes when you aren't even used to dc completely. I think everyone who try's dc should stick to the main program for at least 6 months before changing anything. It makes sense why it builds mass and strength quicker its all science.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, i'm not even considering changing which exercises I do, or even make the "old guys" adaptations outside of the occasional extra day off when I dont feel ready (which I haven't taken in the last 3 weeks). i'm trying to make it 2 more weeks on this blast before a 2 week cruise

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys make a good point..Ill stick to what I have been doing.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
You must have some kinda energyzzzz homie. I am usually so beat down after my DC workouts that just the thought of widowing every exercise wears me out. I never thought that 3 days a week could make me so damn tired.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is a good quote that puts shiit in perspective.
why are some of you guys trying to get this kid to do widowmakers when he benches 175?

widowmakers?

widowmakers are for someone on a 3 way split not a 2 way split and widowmakers are for someone who has made their whole body into something that walks down the street and there is NO FREAKING DOUBT that person is a bodybuilder....even if he wore a trash bag

= elite advanced bodybuilder

Make yourself into something that is about 3.5 pounds per inch of height in the offseason first before you even consider yourself advanced enough to do widowmakers in a 3 way split.

Have you noticed yet that 9 out of every 10 of these guys who leave these posts complain about their chest or arms? Why is it never their quads? or hamstrings? or back thickness? I'll tell you why......because young guys weighing 175lbs think they should have arms that are 20 and chests that are 60 even though their quads measure 21.........................so let someone go thru the trial and tribulations first of turning themselves (overall) into a large muscular bodybuilder and at that point you might see what weak points they have.....and even more surprising you might find that 175 pound guy complaining about his arms 4 years ago now has 20 inch arms because he is 265 pounds and didnt need "widowmakers" after all.....he needed to simply "GET BIG"

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya man. I get workout A.D.D. too. However, I only change stuff up once I'm getting stagnated. I've made the mistake of over-training, and I still do. I get into that mentality that I didn't do enough work, so I add more and more until it's too much, then wonder why I'm not gaining anymore. This thread has been one of the most informative ones I've read, and I always learn more every time I check back. Good log man. You guys are also offering top notch advice, thanks too!!