KLEEN's Recovery and Cut Log = RLS Dermacrine, NTBM Gear and other goodies to start.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pretty damn lean the bicep vein is visible at all times. Vein going from chest to shoulder is visible at all times and downright sexy when I am lifting. LOL.

I am going to get my daughter and get ready for her birthday party. Hope everyone has a great day!
My biceps "rope" is huge now. Like a friggin' water hose running down my arm. ha ha And shoulders, traps, inner thighs, calves. etc...:yikes:

The goddess and I were relaxing and watching some television last evening and I caught her out of the corner of my eye staring at me.
I looked at her and asked, "What?"
She replied, "Your veins. They're getting bigger or clearer to see or whatever. They're bulging out all the time."
I asked, "Do you like it?"
She smiled and said, "Yeah. A lot." :naughty: :whip:

Tell your daughter that Uncle Thunder says, Happy Birthday. :fest30::fest06:

I hope you all have a great day.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice progress Kleen! Getting leaner and heavier, that's awesome. I'm sure you have that great muscle memory working to your advantage right now. I'm digging your lean gains method. I may have to give that a go sometime this spring...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great log here and approach you can't ask for much more from this log

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Todays lift and a few responses.

I wont spend too much time on here reporting but I have to say I had a great workout today. I kept the pace about 2-3 seconds total per rep, nice and slow but not exaggerated. I did the Leg Press that always makes e feel weak. When I put 4 plates per side on this it works me like 6-7 on another machine.

Leg Press Low on platform, extremely deep. - 225x20, 405x12 for 4 sets

Dead Lifts - 225x20, 275x10, 3254, 325x4 man my legs were honestly tore up from those leg press. The 325 made me work which was the goal of doing the leg press first so I can't complain.

I also want to highlight Better Protein Bars.

I never really tried these bars due to my diet but since I changed to Lean Gains I ordered up 3 packs of this and some Power Butter.
The actual profile is not too bad at all and nice and high on protein have a look below. As far as taste goes these thing are honestly really good. I will make my next batch with a little less honey as it was jut a tiny bit to sweet for me but it tastes kind of like a peanut butter fudge with raisins and cranberries in it. On Lean Gains these are a God send because they are actually relatively small for the calories. Just very calories dense So getting in my required calories will be much easier using them. Like I said they have a nice profile and the only sugar is from honey so still not a bad thing. With 1/2 cup instead of 3/4 it will cut carbs down a good bit too. If I continue on len gains I can see these becoming more frequent in my arsenal.

Better protein bars when made with 8oz power butter and 3/4ths cup Honey
Total calories 456
Total fat 10g
Sat fat 4g
trans fat 0g
total Carbohydrates 39g
total sugar 27g
protein 38g

My biceps "rope" is huge now. Like a friggin' water hose running down my arm. ha ha And shoulders, traps, inner thighs, calves. etc...:yikes:

The goddess and I were relaxing and watching some television last evening and I caught her out of the corner of my eye staring at me.
I looked at her and asked, "What?"
She replied, "Your veins. They're getting bigger or clearer to see or whatever. They're bulging out all the time."
I asked, "Do you like it?"
She smiled and said, "Yeah. A lot." :naughty: :whip:

Tell your daughter that Uncle Thunder says, Happy Birthday. :fest30::fest06:

I hope you all have a great day.
Thanks Thunder I sure did. Had a great day too.

Very nice progress Kleen! Getting leaner and heavier, that's awesome. I'm sure you have that great muscle memory working to your advantage right now. I'm digging your lean gains method. I may have to give that a go sometime this spring...
Yeah muscle memory definitely has a place in the equation but the fullness is coming from the dietary changes. Carbs have increased by 75-150 a day depending on the day and that makes a huge difference.
great log here and approach you can't ask for much more from this log
Yeah a lot of people don't like the idea of the fasting for periods then eating to create an anabolic event. They are afraid of catabolism, but they all love how the body responds after cutting for a while then starting to eat again. You basically get this rebound effect daily with this diet.

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
Amazing log. Great detail and those before and after pics are quite astonishing.
My GF goes back and forth between the adderllin and forged and when she tried 2 forged she preferred one as well. One has her in a good mood and 2 was just too much and she started beefing with me for no reason, lol.
When are you consuming these bars? I wonder if there is a way to make them with splenda and a substitute for the honey.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got some power butter can't wait to try it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do have some better protein bars now that I just got a bit ago. Ill be trying them soon, and I'm really looking forward to it now after how good you say they are :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio this morning 45 minutes 465 cals. Weight is 200 still. Although I seem to be slimming a bit.

Amazing log. Great detail and those before and after pics are quite astonishing.
My GF goes back and forth between the adderllin and forged and when she tried 2 forged she preferred one as well. One has her in a good mood and 2 was just too much and she started beefing with me for no reason, lol.
When are you consuming these bars? I wonder if there is a way to make them with splenda and a substitute for the honey.
There is a suggestion in the reviews at NTBM store that says there is a diabetic honey that uses splenda and it is just as good and lowers the carbs quite a bit.
The butter itself isn't bad has whole flax seeds and stuff in it. I was surprised.
I do have some better protein bars now that I just got a bit ago. Ill be trying them soon, and I'm really looking forward to it now after how good you say they are :D
Definitely but if things can get too sweet for you then you may want to try 1/2 cup of honey instead of 3/4 I know that is what I will make my next batch with.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I pound PowerButter. I go through 4lbs in a month (except now that I'm cutting).

The Better Protein Bars have looked really quite tasty, I may have to try them at some point down the road, after this transformation competition...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good news on the power butter I'm giving it a go later on today.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me needs to try this power butter...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sprinkle said butter liberally with some D-Bol, and I'll take a big helping. :yumyum:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I pound PowerButter. I go through 4lbs in a month (except now that I'm cutting).

The Better Protein Bars have looked really quite tasty, I may have to try them at some point down the road, after this transformation competition...
Yeah they are good. I have 2 more packages Chocolate Banana and Butterscotch. Can't wait to see how they are.
good news on the power butter I'm giving it a go later on today.
What ya putting it on?
Yes perfect for Lean Gains to bring up cals.
Sprinkle said butter liberally with some D-Bol, and I'll take a big helping. :yumyum:
That would then be Power Bitter, just imagine biting into a DBol. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Changing Workout Up

I decided to change my workout up. I have been doing the full body workouts and wanted to up the intensity a little bit. However the frequency of training makes that not the best situation. I am going to do a Push Tuesday - Legs Thursday and Pull on Saturday.

I kind of went auto pilot this morning and did working sets of Lat Pulls when I should have been doing shoulders. So I got a little of kilter there and had to truncate the push portion of my training. I was also a little late to the gym so that rushed things as well. The plan is to push hard with this with in my abilities right now, get done quickly and then do 15-20 minutes moderate-high intensity cardio or jump rope for intervals.

This mornings workout. Rest was only long enough for my wife and I to quickly change weights and start working.
BB Bench - 95x20, 135x20, 145x20, 150x20
Hammer Strength Incline bench - 80x16, 70x20

Lat Pull Downs - 75x20, 105x20, 120x20, 120x20

BHN Standing Military Press - 65x20, 95x20 -3 sets Done behind head but only to 90 degrees.
T-Cups - 25x 10

Dips BW one set of 25 and ran out of time.

I had a great pump even though I did not eat as many carbs as I wanted yesterday. I was wanting to hit 125-150 and only got to about 100. Protein about 255 and fats about 55 grams putting me at a solid 1915 cals for the day. Today will be higher since growth is the goal today! :)

I am going to go walking here at 11:15 and then be back to strap on the feed bag about 12:30. I clock in early so I have longer lunches. ;) Not a bad deal at all. Today is a higher carb day and cals will be close to 700 higher today as well. Gonna be a good day today!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
threw the power butter on some white bread.its pretty good stuff.reminds me of this peanut butter stick candy I use to like as a kid.can't remember what its called those.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good progress your making KLEEN! Looks like you have that diet on lockdown. I can't wait to see how well this all ends up. You are going to be shredded like before bro ;)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
threw the power butter on some white bread.its pretty good stuff.reminds me of this peanut butter stick candy I use to like as a kid.can't remember what its called those.
White bread... you bad boy Mich! I have to wait until next week to get mine, dang place I bought it from ships slower than anywhere I have ever seen, but is always like that so I am used to it. Mine is going in my better protein bars, or at least in two of the batches, soon as I get them I am making one batch.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of I tried the Chocolate Banana, I like it but prefer the peanut butter flavor over it. I did you a little less honey this time and it was not quite as sweet. I will hop on and update fully here shortly.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Choco rasp is da sh1t. Got 3 bags coming my way!! Bulk time baby :D

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
all this food talk is making me hungry man I can't wait to get over being sick so I can eat like a lifter again

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been tempted to try power butter as well... maybe after the diet is over.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My power butter does not get here until the 16th but I made the choc/raspberry bars, man they are so good. I want to see about tweaking these eventually to lower the amount of sugar, just will have to play with that in the future. I look forward to having one of these later tonight with a shake for my last meal, will go well with the IGF and lean gains.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My power butter does not get here until the 16th but I made the choc/raspberry bars, man they are so good. I want to see about tweaking these eventually to lower the amount of sugar, just will have to play with that in the future. I look forward to having one of these later tonight with a shake for my last meal, will go well with the IGF and lean gains.
I've got some chocolate raspberry better protein bars to make myself :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I told you man!! They are by far my favorite of all the flavors.:heart:

I've got some chocolate raspberry better protein bars to make myself :)
What you waitin on Rock?? Make some up! :food:

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta get these bars its just hard to pick which ones to try first.I also heard samples of the power butter are being added to the sample page I believe.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something like this suggestion from one of the reviewers at NTBM?
Make this sh*t with xylitol if you dont want the honey suger. I made it with xylitol honey supplement(usually for diabetics) and now I've got a set of bars with 38g of protein and about 4g of sugar. Great combo in any flavor.\

http://www6.netrition.com/natures_hollow_sf_honey.html this is a food so I don't think it is a problem linking it.

It is a ten oz bottle so almost 3/4 cups. Add in a little real honey or just whatever you want to it. I bet it would be fine just using only 10 oz too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update time!

Sorry for being a bit spotty on the updates. Work has been busy and nights are being spent running alongside my daughter teaching her to ride her bike. Tonight we take of the training wheels! Poor girls schedule has been so crazy all her life we are just now teaching her to ride her bike.

Okay so the last 3 cardio sessions have been 481 cals, 500 cals and 480 cals this morning. All were 45 minutes on treadmill 3 miles per hour on pretty high incline. I start it on an escalating interval setting at level 6.5 and the higher interval is about 10.5 then I raise the incline periodically as I go ending with the low around 10.5 and the high about 14.

I have also done some walking, and walk/run interval work at lunch pretty much every day but today and one day last week. Normally it is just walking but sometimes I jog the whole time or do the intervals.

Here are the last 2 weight workouts.

Pull 3/12/11 Tempo about 2-1-2

Lat Pull Down - 90x15, 105x15, 120x15, 105x11 - my lats just gave out to the point I could not safely do another rep without out cheating.

Hammer Strength Row - 45ps x15, 60ps x15 - Nice contraction and burn from this. However I am going to start to alternate my rows and my chin/pulldown movements in different phases of my training. That way I can concentrate on thickness or width at one time.

Incline DB Shrug - 60x15, 50x15 - Man now this is my new favorite shrug! As you can see I even had to drop weight from the 60, I was barely able to get all 15 out on that first set. The contraction on this one is so intense and so focused that just the feel of it made me visualize the the muscle in my back firing. I was not trying to visualize anything the mind muscle connection was just so intense I automatically saw the visualized contraction of my traps and lower lats. This will be the main form of shrugging that I do from now on. Everything else felt inferior. I know strength will come on quickly in this move but for now it is training the traps in a way they have NEVER been trained before.

Oly Bar Curl - 65x15, 65x12 nice burn here, the tempo really made me work hard with this weight.

Rear Delt Fly machine - 70x15, 80x15, this one I was leery of because I wasn't sure if it might hurt the shoulder or not. It didn't and again the tempo made the lighter weight kick my arse.

Push 3/15/11 Tempo 2-1-2

BB Flat bench - 95x15, 135x15, 155x15, 160x14 - This was great, the pump was insane and I was feeling good. I am being very careful to make sure I stop the set before I lose form in order not to injure myself. That is also why I am limiting the explosiveness of my workouts from here on out. Explosiveness will be trained with body weight exercises now more than weights.

Incline HS Chest Press - 90ps x10, 80ps x8 chest was pretty tore up by this point. Weight felt so heavy, and I can't really strain too hard for worry of form breaking down and re-injuring myself since so soon after surgery.

HS Front Shoulder press - 70ps x15, 70ps x14 the wife was toast and could not press the barbell since this was her first Push workout her triceps were just gone already. Instead we used the Hammer Strength machine. Definitely safer on a tired shoulder.

Dips - Body weight 15, 14 - the slower cadence and pauses really killed me here. Normally including last week I could hop on and pop out 25 rep sets, but not at this tempo. My triceps felt as if they were so full they might pop of the back of my arm from the pump.

I did Legs on Wednesday but do not have the numbers for my lifts written down here at work. I can't honestly remember what they were but I did 5 sets of Squats 2 warm up 3 work, 4 sets of Romanian DL 1 Warm up 3 work sets, and 2 sets of Calve Raises 250x15

Composition changes -

I went from 194 and flat looking to about 202 immediately upon starting Lean Gains. My muscles just filled right back up with glycogen. Since then while remaining very full I have dropped back down to 198, lost a belt loop and a half in that time as well. The fat pockets under my chest no longer protrude out beyond the lower pec. The nipples are normally a little pointy and stick out but now you can barely even see them through a shirt since they are only under the chest but not protruding. Now they basically just slope down blurring the cuts most people at my body fat have under there chest. I have not done my actual body fat test since the last one that was over 13% however if I were to guess I am closer to 12% now. Muscularity wise my arms are WAY more defined, my pecs are getting the signs of striations in the center when flexed, and the shelf and separation of my upper pecs are now easily visible through a loose t-shirt. I am really loving the way my V-Neck T's are fitting, just the top of my chest showing hard cleavage, and then the rest of the shirt hanging so that it makes my chest look really thick and wide. I may have to get a few more of those. ;0)

Diet - I have been working with the Lean Gains IF ideology the last 2 weeks, and it is working well for me. It has been so much more enjoyable than regular dieting and so far easily as effective at dropping fat as any regular diet I have used, and very good at keeping my muscles glycogen loaded while dropping the fat. Which is something I do not typically experience when dieting.

As far as foods consumed in the time frame; I have eaten sirloin steak for lunch the past 2 days not including today. I am not talking about a little bit, we are talking 14-16 oz of steak, at least one bagel each day with 2 tbls strawberry jam so that is about 90 grams of carbs in one sitting at my first meal of the day between 12:30-1:00PM. Can you say insulin surge kids??? Great... I knew you could. On weight days it is 2 of said bagels and then some other choice carbs. I am eating about 2 0z of almonds a day and taking fish oil as well. My last meal of the day is normally lower on carbs between 25 and 50 grams on weight training days and very limited on cardio day. I have eaten hamburgers, french fries and even a piece of pizza with a protein shake for meals. So as long as this keeps working I am in hog heaven. I finish eating about 8:00PM and try to start eating around 12:30 PM so I get 7.5 hours of eating and 16.5 hours of fasting daily instead of the recommended 8/16 ratio he recommends. It is just my schedule for right now and it is working like a charm.

As I figure the diet out more and more I know I will see better and better results, but I am seeing awesome results now for the leniency in food choices this diet affords me. I finally got my consultation email responded to after 6 months. He said I could sign up for a 1 week consultation and get the information for either cutting or bulking to make adjustments to the diet as needed. However that was $450 dollars so I will wait for the book to be released although with a 6 month waiting list at those prices he may never actually see the need to publish the book. He may just keep this info to himself and only sell if for consulting. He has a vow of silence clause in his consulting agreement stating no one will post his info anywhere or they get sued. So I don't think to many people are gonna be spreading around the info.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interested to see your thoughts on that fasting diet kleen.

Have you ever tried anything like it before?

I have both or Ori Hoffmecklers books (maximum muscle & warrior diet) and have been considering giving them a read and try but this american diet is treating me good so far.

Also who is that consult email with? I must have missed that earlier post on it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mentioned Martin Berkham's name a while back as the creator of the Lean Gains diet, however I did not mention it in this post so it is not surprising that it caused some confusion.

As far as Intermittent Fasting this is my first diet like this. I have heard about the Warrior Diet and it is good for cutting. However "supposedly" the extra couple hours of eating gives you time to get more anabolic than the Warrior Diet. IE more geared towards gaining lean mass. However honestly I can not compare them and have not read enough on the Warrior Diet to compare them on an intellectual basis. DW has done the Warrior Diet and also modified it to what he likes as well. Had good results.

Like I said i am 2 weeks in and losing fat while my muscles are filling up and staying full. So this is looking pretty good so far but I will need a full month and a half maybe more to really tell you my complete opinion. As of right now I am enjoying both the freedom of food choices and the results of the diet.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not bad. Sounds like you may have found a long term alternative to standard dieting. Let's see how this continues to pan out for you

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not bad. Sounds like you may have found a long term alternative to standard dieting. Let's see how this continues to pan out for you
That is the idea Andres, it is working well for Chris and me. Here is the best thing, you get to eat so many other foods you normally would never consider and when you go to dinner, there are little restrictions or concerns about what you eat. It is a great way to get all the good without the bad, bad being fat gain ;).

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awesome update.wow yea at 450 I'd def wait for the book

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am watching how this diet works for you and Fin with great interest...

Do you think it would work with morning workouts?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am watching how this diet works for you and Fin with great interest...

Do you think it would work with morning workouts?
Yes that is how I workout. You can take in up to 50 calories every two hours without your body coming out of a fasted state. I take 10 grams of my glutamine peptide, bcaa, leucine mix pre workout and another 10 post workout and every two hours after that until it is time to break my fast. Check out Leangains.com he has a specific layout there for fasted morning training. Which I prefer and is about all I do.

ZamaMama also prescribes to the Lean Gains approach and stays pretty darn lean and still gains. He has been doing it longer than we have. I think I am going to have to use him as a resource here soon. See if he has any more insight on it than I do at this point.

On another good note. One of the guys at the gym today stopped me to give me a compliment. He said "Wow, man I can't believe how fast you are leaning up. You have made some huge strides really fast!" He is in really good shape too so it wasn't like one of those kids with a hard on for the big guy blowing smoke up my ass.

oh yea real quick synopsis on my leg day this morning.

15 rep workout 2-1-2 tempo.

Squats - 115, 185, 225, 235 - Wow slow tempo on squats kicked my ass. I thought I would get to 245 but no however I am going to move up in weight slowly from here. I am also going to order some plate mates or some other micro plates to add weight in much smaller increments once I get close to my maximum weights for a rep range.

Romanian Deadlifts - 135, 185, 225 - Wow this was a beast with the 225. WHEW!!!!

Calve press - 210, 230 - man that 230 burned!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-glutamine really helps my immune system , I use it in specific cases of when my immune system is down and pre contest(when it is a chance it is down)

how is the shoulder?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen I am real impressed on this lean gains diet and the success you and Oufinny are having with it. I am really really considering doing this myself when I start cutting about a month or so after my PCT is finished. So I'm going to keep a close eye on what you are doing bro, and see what I can learn from you guys. Looks bad ass so far ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hah it's a controlled fasting regime, I knew there was something to this. I had done the warrior diet years back and I was surprised at how much lean mass I was able to maintain. I have to keep my protein ever 300 grams though. Whats the style of this one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
L-glutamine really helps my immune system , I use it in specific cases of when my immune system is down and pre contest(when it is a chance it is down)

how is the shoulder?
AMEN John, a lot of body builder types miss out on the importance of l-glutamine. The see the studies that say only 53 % of the glutamine is available to the muscles and dismiss it as not being very bio-available. That is not the case, it is very bio-available, the intestines and liver use it for the immune system first and what is left is available to the muscle. Now what a lot of people don't realize is that L-Glutamine increases protein synthesis by a good amount making the muscles use up more of any other protein in your system. That is definitely a huge bonus to a lifter. Also it has been shown to stimulate a GH surge about and hour after taking 2 grams of Glutamine which once again is beneficial to anyone but a lifter specifically because the IGF-1 levels increase as a result of the GH production.

Shoulder is doing great. I am still careful with it and have adopted a 2-1-2 rep tempo recently to minimize explosiveness under weight. I can train explosiveness with body weight exercises where injury is far less likely to occur.

Kleen I am real impressed on this lean gains diet and the success you and Oufinny are having with it. I am really really considering doing this myself when I start cutting about a month or so after my PCT is finished. So I'm going to keep a close eye on what you are doing bro, and see what I can learn from you guys. Looks bad ass so far ;)
Sounds good I should have a pretty good grasp of it by then and be able to provide more insight.
Hah it's a controlled fasting regime, I knew there was something to this. I had done the warrior diet years back and I was surprised at how much lean mass I was able to maintain. I have to keep my protein ever 300 grams though. Whats the style of this one.
Yes Sir, the big difference is that the Warrior has a shorter eating window, one large meal I believe. This has an 8 hour eating window, based off of studies regarding the speed at which leptin is lost via fat being metabolized in order to begin the feeding at the moment where the efficiency of the fast period causing fat loss his hampered. As well as before cortisol levels rise to a point of catabolism. Then the 8 hour feeding is obviously an amplified anabolic event due the recovery and also insulin sensitivity since obviously during the fast insulin is pretty much non-existent. It also replenishes your lost levels of leptin which in turn makes the fast more productive for fat loss.

Without trying to get to into it the idea is to get the maximum anabolic response during the 8 hour anabolic window and the maximum fat loss during the 16 hour fast. He says exactly how he came to the 8/16 ratio on the website. Basically though I would call it kind of a Warrior diet tailored for bodybuilders. I don't know if the Warrior is a Paleo type diet or not but this one is not.

Cardio 65 minutes on treadmill 800 calories. My wife pulled her hammie yesterday and I was at the gym by myself which also meant no rushing home to make sure the kids were up for school. I was chatting with a buddy and finished my 45 minutes and he had 20 left. So I set the incline a little lower at a 7 and speed at 3.0 and walked the last 20 minutes talking to him.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah the only thing I have not figured out is the calorie or macro cycling as he says that's in the book...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah the only thing I have not figured out is the calorie or macro cycling as he says that's in the book...
Yeah and the 450 for the plan is just not worth it. I know enough about nutrition to make this work as I feel it out. From some of the other posts basically lower cals and lower carb on cardio only days and more calories and more carbs on training days. He said the extent if the carbs is really depending on the individuals response to them, so it is really just a matter of already having an idea of what your tolerance is then playing with lowering it. I am getting in about 2000-2200 on cardio days normally below 150 on carbs, lifting days I get in about 2500-2700 calories and around 250 grams of carbs. Depends on what I am training. Push exercises use a lot less muscle than pull exercises and both use less than leg training so I eat more on leg training and back training days. More worked muscle to feed and repair on those days.

I almost doubt he is going to do a book, his Online consulting is $750 then 450 each month after that and he has a very long wait. His one time week consultation with the plan laid out is $450 and that had a 6 month wait from when I asked what the fees were for him to even contact me. Although if it did well he would make more money doing the book than consulting.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah and the 450 for the plan is just not worth it. I know enough about nutrition to make this work as I feel it out. From some of the other posts basically lower cals and lower carb on cardio only days and more calories and more carbs on training days. He said the extent if the carbs is really depending on the individuals response to them, so it is really just a matter of already having an idea of what your tolerance is then playing with lowering it. I am getting in about 2000-2200 on cardio days normally below 150 on carbs, lifting days I get in about 2500-2700 calories and around 250 grams of carbs. Depends on what I am training. Push exercises use a lot less muscle than pull exercises and both use less than leg training so I eat more on leg training and back training days. More worked muscle to feed and repair on those days.

I almost doubt he is going to do a book, his Online consulting is $750 then 450 each month after that and he has a very long wait. His one time week consultation with the plan laid out is $450 and that had a 6 month wait from when I asked what the fees were for him to even contact me. Although if it did well he would make more money doing the book than consulting.
Ok so you just work out your average daily intake and go from there. So I am guessing somewhere around 2500 and 2000 for me on a cut. Well where I am at currently I could also adjust these numbers as I go...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok so you just work out your average daily intake and go from there. So I am guessing somewhere around 2500 and 2000 for me on a cut. Well where I am at currently I could also adjust these numbers as I go...
Yes Sir, I am recomping / cutting right now at that intake and you being heavier those would put you in a cut since we both have such efficient metabolisms.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes Sir, I am recomping / cutting right now at that intake and you being heavier those would put you in a cut since we both have such efficient metabolisms.
Exactly... I think if I was first starting out I would be where you are at now. I may wait till this prep is over and go to recomp as I will be in PCT. That gives me lots of time for planning. :think:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is the idea Andres, it is working well for Chris and me. Here is the best thing, you get to eat so many other foods you normally would never consider and when you go to dinner, there are little restrictions or concerns about what you eat. It is a great way to get all the good without the bad, bad being fat gain ;).
This is starting to sound more and more appealing.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure of you guys are familiar with the ironaddict forum but IA has been experimenting with fasted training for some time now and has lots of good info posted throughout the site. He also wrote a book that is available for purchase, it is his tweaked version of the warrior diet. Might be worth it to give it a look over before shelling out that kind of money for a consult.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so I went to leangains and checked out the info on the site, and it looks like this would be exactly the kind of diet that would suit me best when I enter my cut/recomp later after PCT. I told my wife about how it works, and she is all for it because it does put a lot less stress on her because of how it works. Since you basicly have a couple larger meals over the course of 8 hr span, there is much more leniency on the meals, and that means she can prepare some of the things that I had to avoid the last time I cut. I am starting to excited about trying this out...:D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is starting to sound more and more appealing.
Yah but if you're on a cut I would still be eating pretty clean, you could get away with some stuff on recomp but prep is prep....

Sounds like an excellent off season plan for us more efficient types...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah but if you're on a cut I would still be eating pretty clean, you could get away with some stuff on recomp but prep is prep....

Sounds like an excellent off season plan for us more efficient types...
I saw your beginning pictures on your current log and your body fat seemed in the higher ranges for a competitor, at least it appeared that way to myself

Chris keeps his body fat much lower. My point is someone who stays leaner it is going to be much easier diet wise and a MUCH easier prep

Doug, I still think your an awesome guy, when we signed on AI Sports Nutrition our contract said we need to compete- at least i took it that way, and I didn't compete in 2010, you on the other hand were the only one that did.

I tried the whole not worrying about body fat that much and still keeping it under control verses just staying leaner year round and staying leaner works for myself because last year taught me this lesson for myself. Whatever you are doing seems to work for you and may may have to add the extra body fat to put on muscle. I want to see if you get "ripped" this year and do better than your last pictures ( of the show you did)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw your beginning pictures on your current log and your body fat seemed in the higher ranges for a competitor, at least it appeared that way to myself

Chris keeps his body fat much lower. My point is someone who stays leaner it is going to be much easier diet wise and a MUCH easier prep

Doug, I still think your an awesome guy, when we signed on AI Sports Nutrition our contract said we need to compete- at least i took it that way, and I didn't compete in 2010, you on the other hand were the only one that did.

I tried the whole not worrying about body fat that much and still keeping it under control verses just staying leaner year round and staying leaner works for myself because last year taught me this lesson for myself. Whatever you are doing seems to work for you and may may have to add the extra body fat to put on muscle. I want to see if you get "ripped" this year and do better than your last pictures ( of the show you did)
I have a real hard time staying lean in the off season, always have. That's why I have to be very good a dieting. If I am not very clean then I gain. I get away with much less than most. My before pics this year were better than my before pics last year but I only have 15 weeks which is not really enough time for me to get ripped. I may just keep going for a bit afterwards and see what I can do. I normally take 20 weeks.

Yah you're right it's easier to stay leaner year round, I have tried to do it and never really succeeded. Maybe the controlled fasting is the answer. Oh and age does play a factor here too.