KLEEN's Machine gets Torqued Up with EndoSurge! A BPS Sponsored Log

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay after this beating I went to my ART guy, he worked on my hip some more. My Rectus Femorus tendon seems to be squared away up by the hip, but he found a knot lower in the muscle belly he had to work out. It almost made me come.................
:wtf:

:biglaugh:

All jesting aside, you're looking awesome, big Kleenster.
And those thighs are some real ass-kicking tree trunks!!

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established

I gotta get to the chiropractor...my back could use it. I'm ok after the injury but tight most of the time.

Kleen, looking lean and mean man!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
looking awesome Kleen. Legs look frieakin ridiculous man. Nice work!
Thanks Rick!
Goddamn kleen you are lean and huge!!

I wanna be that lean and still be killing it with undying motivation in the gym!!
I'll send you some reps once I get back to the comp!
Thanks!!!

Quad-fricken-zilla Kleen and great calves too. Amazing work.
Thanks Volc!
Honestly... you might not be magazine ready according to your standards, but from what I've seen in your pictures and what I've seen in magazines... you are more than magazine ready, I mean if you just spent like one week carb-cycling and dehydrating you would look as good if not better than any other man in that entire issue as far as lean quality body mass goes, honest opinion Brotha! Another thing, I appreciate the props bro, but I have never had legs even close to that and I always thought I had good calves, but yours blow mine away, so upper body with the same body fat maybe we are close, but lower body... not even, you blow me away, no worries though gives me something to work/strive for, gotta have a goal right, thank you for the continued motivation my friend!
Awwww Shucks Ma'an... I'm blushing. Once my skin tightens up a bit I and the little bit of fat under my chest is gone I will be ready. If you look in the relaxed shot you can see i still have a little more there. Otherwise yeah I am as lean as some guys in the mags. I am also pretty hard on my self as far as that goes. You know once you have been competition lean nothing else compares. LOL

Yeah no joke there. He has some wheels on him. I have always had strong legs just not big defined legs. I would love to have just partial of what he has.
Just keep working man you have some legs already.

LMAO!!!! That was some funny stuff. Oh yeah Thanks for sending that rain our way. Three days of small pockets of rain is the best we have had in some time.

I gotta get to the chiropractor...my back could use it. I'm ok after the injury but tight most of the time.

Kleen, looking lean and mean man!
Thanks Morry, and you can always let Al crack that back!

Already there. Lets see what happens.

I did cardio this morning, and went to the doctor with the wife. I weighed myself on their scale with clothes and hiking boots on and it said 201.8. So I think the Cleanser has cleaned me out a bit over the past couple of days. Of course it isn't the same scale I normally weigh in on either.

I was harrassed into getting my physical done so I am going on Wednesday morning. I am going to have her order a test panel too, just to see what my levels are. I had her do that one a long while back and was low so I have an excuse to have her do this one without any extra cost to me.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you measured bodyfat lately to see where you are at? You were looking pretty damn lean in those pics so I was just wondering. I know this is a slow recomp for you and you are trying to lose fat and build muscle at about the same rate, but I was curious. I think the last time I remember you measuring you were just under 7% at around 6.8% if I am remembering right

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're all hard on ourselves, which is what keeps us striving for more & better and never getting there, lol, but that's the fun in the journey of bodybuilding.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you measured bodyfat lately to see where you are at? You were looking pretty damn lean in those pics so I was just wondering. I know this is a slow recomp for you and you are trying to lose fat and build muscle at about the same rate, but I was curious. I think the last time I remember you measuring you were just under 7% at around 6.8% if I am remembering right
No my calipers are not working now and I am happy with that. I am not sure if those readings were right or not but I think I am somewhere in that range. My waist was thicker then but I don't know that my sub q fat is any lower than then right now. Maybe a tiny bit.
We're all hard on ourselves, which is what keeps us striving for more & better and never getting there, lol, but that's the fun in the journey of bodybuilding.
True that. All part of the ride and you know we love the ride.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awwww Shucks Ma'an... I'm blushing. Once my skin tightens up a bit I and the little bit of fat under my chest is gone I will be ready. If you look in the relaxed shot you can see i still have a little more there. Otherwise yeah I am as lean as some guys in the mags. I am also pretty hard on my self as far as that goes. You know once you have been competition lean nothing else compares. LOL
True dat my friend, that is why no matter how long it takes I must continue my course until I have gotten leaner than I was when I was Silver Surfer, I mean I'm doing it for me, but I just have to do it, because anything shy of that, no matter how awesome it might be... is just not good enough for me, because like you said, no one is harder on me than me and once you have been there it is hard to compare it to anything else!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True dat my friend, that is why no matter how long it takes I must continue my course until I have gotten leaner than I was when I was Silver Surfer, I mean I'm doing it for me, but I just have to do it, because anything shy of that, no matter how awesome it might be... is just not good enough for me, because like you said, no one is harder on me than me and once you have been there it is hard to compare it to anything else!
You look lean as fug in your avi. Is that the Silver Surfer version of yourself you're speaking of?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AL is cutting from well above the BF he was at in that avi, he will be shredded soon enough I am sure.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy calves!

I knew you had great quads, but those calves are sick!
agreed. Chris, have you always had great genetics calves even as a kid? like do you have any pictures when young that you had good calves? were you heavier when younger, heavier guys always develop great calves from walking on them with all that weight.

as for the body-fat tester , pictures are much more important. I got on a gym as a personal training and I decide screw bodyfat -I mean i have a lil caliper and will use it if they ask but Id much rather track p[progress though pictures

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heavier guys always develop great calves from walking on them with all that weight.
I've always noticed that too. I've seen downright fatties with huge hard diamond shaped calves with veins bulging in them..........makes me so mad!! lol

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Ok I know it's been beat to death, but Sh!t bro those legs are nasty. I have big legs, but nowhere near as cut as yours. Definitely some motivation to keep stripping fat! Keep up the great work brother.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
agreed. Chris, have you always had great genetics calves even as a kid? like do you have any pictures when young that you had good calves? were you heavier when younger, heavier guys always develop great calves from walking on them with all that weight.

as for the body-fat tester , pictures are much more important. I got on a gym as a personal training and I decide screw bodyfat -I mean i have a lil caliper and will use it if they ask but Id much rather track p[progress though pictures
our poor daughter is built just like us. SOLID! :)

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Ok I know it's been beat to death, but Sh!t bro those legs are nasty. I have big legs, but nowhere near as cut as yours. Definitely some motivation to keep stripping fat! Keep up the great work brother.

Right, I can't compete with him!! THIS SUX. lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone! John, I have always been a thick kid, I had a belly but I was never fat or should I say obese. Especially by todays standards. I did get fat as an adult for a while but I have always had big lean calves. My daughter has good calves already. Nice diamond shape ones, and you can see her hamstrings and quad separation from the side. There is a definite line going straight down the side of her leg and her hamstring curves out off the back of her legs. I was blessed with great shape to my legs, and tiny joints that really emphasize my legs. They look much bigger than they are in my opinion. I think they look a lot bigger than the 25.5 or so inches they are right now just because my joints are tiny.

I just have sprinters legs. Which is exactly what I did and tons of as a kid. All of the soccer and everything else kept them in amazing shape and I have alway has separation in them. Even when I am holding a good amount of fat like over 20% my legs have definition better than a lot of guys do at 8-12%. As far as the calves just a gift. I don't have any pictures but when I was a kid and skate boarding people always said holy crap look at that muscle on the back of your leg when you push your board. As a kid even a toddler when I walked my heels almost never touched the ground at least not completely. More of a light brush against the ground, bit all the weight was and still is naturally placed on the balls of my feet. Only time I really put my heels down solid on the ground when walking is when my work shoes or whatever have a slight heel in them. That is why I am looking into buying some natural or barefoot type of shoe with just a tiny bit of arch support in them for my next pair or training or running shoes.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's odd but my legs have been just average, with all the ball I played you think they'd be bigger, sure I've improved but not the mutant quality Chris has.. my son had like 30" thighs when he was ballin and liftin, like turnips...but that comes from his mom side where they are very large boned and thick in the legs...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 29 workout.

Okay not too much to report here already responded to the comments on here. I had a good workout and am still making progress.

Flat Bench 135x8, 225x8 240x8>185x8>135x8 - up 4 lbs for set of 8 not bad at all. Getting to 8 reps with the final drop was some work but I made it.

HS Rows 45x12, 90x12, 117.5x12 > 90x8 > 45x7 up 2.5 lbs and 2 reps I forgot when I put the weights I used last time that I only went to 10 reps so this was a major increase.

Standing Arnold Press 45x12, 52.5x12>40x7>30x5 up 2.5 lbs.

DB Hammer Curls 42.5x10>30x9

DB OH Tricep Ext 105x15>75x6 up 5 lbs

Leg Press weight per side - 3p x15, 6px15, 7p x15 > 6p x12 > 5p x12 - up one plate from last workout. Nice weight working my way back up slowly and just using tempo to make this as hard is it needs to be.

Romanian Dead lift - 235x12 > 185x10 > 135x12 nice burn in hamstrings and lower back was feeling it. Traps were loving the work too.

I just won an oppurtunity to do a Transaderm log and a Muscle Marinade Log will be doing them seperately but at the same time. I will post up some links in here.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look lean as fug in your avi. Is that the Silver Surfer version of yourself you're speaking of?
Yes, that was 2 days before Halloween where I got painted completely Silver and went as the Silver Surfer and won $1,500 at a costume contest here in Atlanta!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, that was 2 days before Halloween where I got painted completely Silver and went as the Silver Surfer and won $1,500 at a costume contest here in Atlanta!
That's effing sweet.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone! John, I have always been a thick kid, I had a belly but I was never fat or should I say obese. Especially by todays standards. I did get fat as an adult for a while but I have always had big lean calves. My daughter has good calves already. Nice diamond shape ones, and you can see her hamstrings and quad separation from the side. There is a definite line going straight down the side of her leg and her hamstring curves out off the back of her legs. I was blessed with great shape to my legs, and tiny joints that really emphasize my legs. They look much bigger than they are in my opinion. I think they look a lot bigger than the 25.5 or so inches they are right now just because my joints are tiny.

I just have sprinters legs. Which is exactly what I did and tons of as a kid. All of the soccer and everything else kept them in amazing shape and I have alway has separation in them. Even when I am holding a good amount of fat like over 20% my legs have definition better than a lot of guys do at 8-12%. As far as the calves just a gift. I don't have any pictures but when I was a kid and skate boarding people always said holy crap look at that muscle on the back of your leg when you push your board. As a kid even a toddler when I walked my heels almost never touched the ground at least not completely. More of a light brush against the ground, bit all the weight was and still is naturally placed on the balls of my feet. Only time I really put my heels down solid on the ground when walking is when my work shoes or whatever have a slight heel in them. That is why I am looking into buying some natural or barefoot type of shoe with just a tiny bit of arch support in them for my next pair or training or running shoes.
Chris, if you're looking for a minimalist shoe inov-8 do some great ones http://www.inov-8.com/Home.asp?L=26

I think I am the previously thick/fat person blessed with good calves, mine currently measure 17", and quads at 22" - spent most of my youth playing rugby and cycling... I think the formative years may therefore have a lot to do with calves

In your case looking at your legs, I'm just thinking genetic freak :D

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Chris, if you're looking for a minimalist shoe inov-8 do some great ones http://www.inov-8.com/Home.asp?L=26

I think I am the previously thick/fat person blessed with good calves, mine currently measure 17", and quads at 22" - spent most of my youth playing rugby and cycling... I think the formative years may therefore have a lot to do with calves

In your case looking at your legs, I'm just thinking genetic freak :D
I'm a big fan of minimalist running shoes. Which style do you recommend bro? I have used Vibram in the past KSO and TrekSport. I'm thinking of trying a closed toe style, but due to my wide A$$ foot I like the five finger. I've never heard of the inov-8 they look sweet though!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wonder about the new New Balance Barefoot too. I wonder what the shipping is on those from the UK, I am sure at Lukes Locker the price would be painful locally.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder about the new New Balance Barefoot too. I wonder what the shipping is on those from the UK, I am sure at Lukes Locker the price would be painful locally.
yeah the last time I went there looking for running shoes the cheapest pair was like 120 bucks and they were not comfortable at all.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I like the way the NBs look and also Merrell (I believe that is the spelling) makes a few sweet looking models, but I have not tried either. I know the five finger is trendy and frowned upon, but I swear by them for both lifting in and running. My shin splints and knee pain literally disappeared within the first week of my transition from standard to minimalist shoes. Also Vibram (maker of five fingers) makes the rubber sole for both NB and Merrell minimalist shoes.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the way the NBs look and also Merrell (I believe that is the spelling) makes a few sweet looking models, but I have not tried either. I know the five finger is trendy and frowned upon, but I swear by them for both lifting in and running. My shin splints and knee pain literally disappeared within the first week of my transition from standard to minimalist shoes. Also Vibram (maker of five fingers) makes the rubber sole for both NB and Merrell minimalist shoes.
Very interesting. I might have to look into these. I normally wear NB, Saucony or Asics.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting. I might have to look into these. I normally wear NB, Saucony or Asics.
That and Vibrams are really reasonably priced for being such a specialty shoe. If I don't go that route I will simply buy a pair of indoor soccer shoes they are very minimal as well and relatively cheap.

So here is the workout I plan on doing as of next week.

Tuesday 1 warm up and 3 work sets last set + 1 drop set

Chins - Rep Range 6-8 reps
Incline Bench - Rep Range 10-12
Lateral Raise Machine 10-12
Squats 12, 10, 8, 8 + drop
Dips 10 rep work set with 1 drop set

Thursday 15 reps

DB Swings x 3 sets
Face Pulls x 2 sets
Leg Abductors x 3 set
Wall Crawls x 3 sets
Weighted Abs or Draw Bridges x 3 sets
Side Bends x 2 sets
Calves x 2 sets

Saturday - 1 Warm Up 3 work sets last set + 1 drop set

Bench Rep Range 6-8
HS Rows Rep Range 10-12
Military Press Rep Range 10-12
Dead Lifts Rep Range 6-8
Curls 10 rep work set with 1 drop set

When I sent it o Jo she had some funny comments worthy of sharing...

JoAnn: what is this thing you sent me?

me: the new shorter workout

some day you will make a booklet

JoAnn: wall crawls, wtf is that

me: I will show you
5:06 PM
JoAnn: spiderman crawls, wall crawls, wtf are you guys doing to me

lol

me: most of the stuff on the second workout is just lighter weight keep us in shape stuff.

LMAO

JoAnn: this is beyond the point, grunt and do the movements..

me: LMAO!!!!

You have just got to love her she is so awesome! She keeps me on my toes.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
I still wear my Vibrams to workout! Love them.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of minimalist running shoes. Which style do you recommend bro? I have used Vibram in the past KSO and TrekSport. I'm thinking of trying a closed toe style, but due to my wide A$$ foot I like the five finger. I've never heard of the inov-8 they look sweet though!
I have a couple of pairs of vibrams, but inov-8's I like better for running, I think they are called "road x 233"

I haven't managed the full transition to minimalist running yet though, my technique isn't quite there yet... I ran in my saucony's for the half marathon at the weekend... Maybe next time?!?

Those merrell's look ok but I the new NB's look sweet, I also think they just won an award for best newcomer in the runner's world magazine.

Like morry, l love my vibrams for weights!!

Meister

Meister

Awards
I've been in Asics for a while myself, but I'm looking into the Five Fingers. One of the guys I work with swears by them.

Kleen:

I only know of the spider man that you definitely cannot do in the gym!!!! What is it?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use assics but they are pronated wrong for lifting. I am some NB cross trainers but really want to check these minimalist type shoes, might to to sports experts today to see what they have...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well not sure where she got the spider crawls from. Maybe the spider back row otherwise known as the supported t-bar row we did a couple weeks back.

A wall crawl is pretty simple. It is basically doing a back bend by walking down the wall with your hands and coming back up again. You get a couple feet from a wall with your back facing it, then walk down the wall with your hands until they are on the floor then bridge completely by coming up on your toes, then walk up the wall with your hands until almost standing straight up but hands still on the wall so you can repeat for reps. Awesome work and stretch for shoulders, and stretching the hip flexors, overall flexibility of the front of the body. Works the stabilizers of most of your body as well.

I just went to look for it on youtube but the ones they have are different. Although they might have to be added in to my conditioning program at some point..

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have got to video this. Someone is about to fall on there head.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is an area of our gym with a soft cushion so no big deal. Of course if flexibility does not allow for the hands to the floor then you only go down as far as you can. I have no problem with doing them all the way to the floor and JoAnn, well she is kind of like Gumby in that aspect so should not be a problem for her either.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is an area of our gym with a soft cushion so no big deal. Of course if flexibility does not allow for the hands to the floor then you only go down as far as you can. I have no problem with doing them all the way to the floor and JoAnn, well she is kind of like Gumby in that aspect so should not be a problem for her either.
Lol the gumby and pokey show. This sounds alot like a martial arts workout or stretch.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ding Ding Ding! I got it from one of my MMA instructors.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why does the name of this sound like it should be in the adult section? Just sayin...
LoL, nice catch there Chris, I was thinking it, but I knew all I had to do was wait and you or someone else would say it, LoL!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LMAO, well I know Jeff too and the name fits...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is old news, but I just found out Phil Heath won the Olympia. I can't believe the whole thing completely flew under my radar. Just saw online Branch didn't even make top ten, so I have to assume he didn't even compete, was he injured?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Thanks for the RS Transderm advice bro, always appreciate the help. Looking forward to the LOG.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is old news, but I just found out Phil Heath won the Olympia. I can't believe the whole thing completely flew under my radar. Just saw online Branch didn't even make top ten, so I have to assume he didn't even compete, was he injured?
I didn't jear who won but I was told by John Smeton that Branch tore his quad.

Thanks for the RS Transderm advice bro, always appreciate the help. Looking forward to the LOG.
Any time man I will more than likely run it the same way.

I got my test levels checked today during my physical. So I will even have some pre run blood work. However if NTBM wants some post they will need to buy me a test kit or something. LOL I expect my levels are damn good and my free test is ridiculous from the EndoSurge.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why does the name of this sound like it should be in the adult section? Just sayin...
The name is overly disturbing that is for sure.