KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I finally got to this thread on an actual computer so I got to see those noodz...Now, I can die a happy man!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Saturday was a truncated workout, I was short on time as I had been waiting on the wife for something and then had to hurry since we were going to a water park after the gym. Had some great lifts on shoulders. Did some pump work on the arms to give them a lil taste of work and need a tiny bit of recovery and then went home to eat and go to Splashtown. As far as the lifts, I just really concentrated on the mind muscle connection with these.

Tempo 2-1-1 slight hold at top 60 seconds rest

DB Side Raises - 35x12, 35x12, 35x8, 30x10, 30x7 + 2 with no negatives
. Increased weight here again, things are going well.

Rear Delt Destroyers 45x33>27.5x20>10x16 - I went up 5 lbs on initial set, and 2.5 on the first drop, only lost a few reps on the initial set. Definitely liking the improvement here.

Wide Shoulder Press BHN - 55x12, 75x12, 85x12, 95x12, 95x12 - last two sets were pretty hard but I enjoyed them.

Round the World Dips - 7 + 13 regular dips, 5 + 15 regular dips - I just made the name up. I got on the dip bar did a leg raise then slowly lowered my legs back down and around and up into a planche pushup with a slow negative, then slowly lowered my legs and went back into a front leg raise.

Yeah I was feeling acrobatic what can I say... Really I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Superset DB Curls and Feet on bench pushups, no rest between sets or exercises.
DB Curls 35x20, 35x8>20x10
Oh yeah High rep curls baby! Feel the burn!
Feet on Bench Push Ups 20, 20 - Just kept the nice and slow both up and down 2-0-2

DB Half Bent over Side Raises - 17.5 x 20 Was in between a side raise and a rar lateral raise. Had a major done same as above with 2-1-1 tempo.

This Mornings Workout - This was a make up for not getting a full work out in on Saturday. Since my shoulders got a full workout they were only touched on today, instead I hit chest, back and arms more.

Tempo 2-0-1

Back and Chest were done as Supersets 45 seconds rest after each superset.
Superset A
Incline DB Bench - 75x10, 95x8, 105x8
- Was surprised that the weight didn't get too heavy until about the 6th rep at 105.
Dead Stop Rows - 75x10, 95x8, 105x8 - Again was feeling pretty strong on these considering the short rest periods and them being Dead Stops.

Superset B 30-45 seconds rest between supersets
Cable Cross Over - 100x10, 120x8, 130x6 - There felt great! I was taking them out nice and wide, getting a good stretch before coming back in and touching the handles together for a squeeze.
Assisted Wide Grip Pull Ups (Full Stretch Each Rep) 3-1-1-1 tempo = BW-100 x10, BW-80 x10, BW - 60x4 - Man my lats were toast after these, the 3 second negatives and a pause at both the top and bottom really kicked my ass.

Triceps 2-0-1 tempo unless otherwise noted 60 second rest
JM Press - 135x10, 155x8, 175x8, 175x8, 175x5
- Man these were awesome, triceps were doing all of the work or so it felt anyway. Had a massive pump after these alone.
Cable Decline Triceps Extension - 90x8, 100x2>80x8, 80x8 - Barely got 8 on that last set and the 100 well it was just too much... Abs were getting a heck of a workout staying in the correct position too.
Rope Triceps Extension 90x9, 100x8, 110x8 - Tempo on these was more 2-1-1 since I held and squeezed at the bottom of each rep. Last rep had about a 13 second negative. I just fought it all the way back up.

Biceps 2-1-1 60 seconds rest
EZ Bar Curl - 70x8, 80x8, 90x8, 90x6, 80x6
- These were feeling great, contractions were sick.
Standing Spider Curl (Straight Bar) - 65x8, 45x8, 45x8 barely! I had to drop the weight from 65 is was just too much the last rep was in poor form. By the time I got to the end of the final set I was dying. The tempo was 2-1-1-1 with a pause at top and bottom.
DB Incline Hammer Curls - 25x8, 25x8, 25x8 - Just barely got the last couple reps on the last set.

Shoulders
DB Partial Raises 2-1-2 tempo - 20x10, 10, 10 -
Nice little burn out for the delts.
Rear Delt Fly / Reverse Pec Deck - 80x27, 60x21
- rear delts were crazy pumped up after these. Loved the high reps here.

Okay so I forgot to weigh myself before going to the gym so I ended up drinking a half gallon of water before I got home so I look a little thick and my lines are not as deep in the abs, but other than that I am looking pretty good. Shoulders have definitely come up a bit. I was 204.4 when I took these pictures. I am not claiming that as my weight but not too bad after an amazing free meal yesterday at Carrabas Italian Grill. I had the Chicken Trio, and then a small peanut butter icecream at marble slab with some crushed Butterfinger in it. Can you say MMMMM MMMM GOOD! Anyway I am already flushing that water out of my system so I think either tomorrow or Wednesday I am going to be looking pretty crazy. DOn't get me wrong I am not unhappy with these pics at all just I was looking much leaner Saturday when we went to the water park.
7-1-13 Relaxed 204.4 lbs.jpg

7-1-13 204.4 lbs Flexed Back.jpg

7-1-13 204.4 lbs Flexed Front.jpg

7-1-13 204.4 lbs Legs Triceps Abs.jpg

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you look like a muscle-kite

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jesus Christ. You make huge strides every week Chris. Going to tear it up on stage!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
you look like a muscle-kite
Love it I actually laughed out loud. Thanks Swanky!
Jesus Christ. You make huge strides every week Chris. Going to tear it up on stage!
I am giving it hell. Not too bad for the grub from yesterday too. Man it made me look thick, and could also have something to do with 3 caps of 1-Alpha a day... BOOM!!! I may pull a Snags and just grow into my show. Well I plan on seeing some growth all the way in anyway. Shoulders will be boulders, they are already coming up nicely. I haven't measured but my arms don't look to small for my back in my rear double biceps anymore.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love it I actually laughed out loud. Thanks Swanky!

I am giving it hell. Not too bad for the grub from yesterday too. Man it made me look thick, and could also have something to do with 3 caps of 1-Alpha a day... BOOM!!! I may pull a Snags and just grow into my show. Well I plan on seeing some growth all the way in anyway. Shoulders will be boulders, they are already coming up nicely. I haven't measured but my arms don't look to small for my back in my rear double biceps anymore.
lol, glad I could add to the convo

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Kleen... every week you kick it up a notch. Talk about inspirational...Huge back bro.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
excellent chris! moving nicely
of course I have a tendency to look at other things than what most ppl look at like your wide back/great legs etc (not that I don't look at those too :bigeyes:)..but what I got my eye on right now for you is your lower back -- and that, my friend, is simply making hyooge strides every pic I see
you may just be able to grow into show! got a ways to go don't you? how many weeks?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course I have a tendency to look at other things than what most ppl look at like your wide back/great legs etc (not that I don't look at those too :bigeyes:)..but what I got my eye on right now for you is your lower back -- and that, my friend, is simply making hyooge strides every pic I see
you may just be able to grow into show! got a ways to go don't you? how many weeks?
Snags by lower back are you referring to his a$$...wait wut?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Snags, I am 103 days out or 14 weeks and 5 days...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 15 and 4 days just a week after Chris and hope to do something similar by being able to really slow things down and hold more muscle.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking great Kleen. I never expect any less tho. I agree with snags your legs and lower back (ass) look real good. Wait, what?

For real though great work. Looking thicker but leaner.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am 15 and 4 days just a week after Chris and hope to do something similar by being able to really slow things down and hold more muscle.
WooHoo, is that a pretty good show up there? Down here they seem to put on some pretty good shows from what I understand.

Looking great Kleen. I never expect any less tho. I agree with snags your legs and lower back (ass) look real good. Wait, what?

For real though great work. Looking thicker but leaner.
Thanks! I try to keep the bubble looking bubbalicious... I mean Uhm.... so I look thicker and leaner huh?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used to be a good show but recently they have not had a promoter from Canada but now that has changed so I expect it to be a better show this time.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite the "transformation" going on. Every time I look at posted pics you get better. How is Mrs Kleen doing on the program?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WooHoo, is that a pretty good show up there? Down here they seem to put on some pretty good shows from what I understand.

Thanks! I try to keep the bubble looking bubbalicious... I mean Uhm.... so I look thicker and leaner huh?
Tiger blood baby! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quite the "transformation" going on. Every time I look at posted pics you get better. How is Mrs Kleen doing on the program?
Thank Kenpo! Unfortunately she has not been to the gym much lately. She has some pretty severe insomnia and has been at best getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night for about 2 months now. Lately many times only 1 or 2, so she has not been able to get up with me to go to the gym. It goes in cycles for her and this is one of the bad ones. She is however using PX Black during the morning to wake up and control appetite and has lost quite a bit of weight. She won't actually lift on the program I am doing anyway. She said it is a bit too much for her. Her goals are not the same and no reason for her to be as sore as it makes her.
Tiger blood baby! :)
That's the stuff!

I just finished up 10 hill sprints and 20 times up and down 5 flights of stairs for some outdoor HIIT! Kicking up the pace on HIIT to bring on the SHRED! Warm up and cool down were the mile walk there and back.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Unfortunately she has not been to the gym much lately. She has some pretty severe insomnia and has been at best getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night for about 2 months now. Lately many times only 1 or 2
hmmm my long lost twin sister! :p
slip her some G8 brah

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah just need to cap it first, she is a bit OCD about taking powders... HMMMM again a similarity...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you try ZMA or melatonin or any of the other non prescription sleep aides! Insomnia is horrible for your health and sanity.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank Kenpo! Unfortunately she has not been to the gym much lately. She has some pretty severe insomnia and has been at best getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night for about 2 months now. Lately many times only 1 or 2, so she has not been able to get up with me to go to the gym. It goes in cycles for her and this is one of the bad ones. She is however using PX Black during the morning to wake up and control appetite and has lost quite a bit of weight. She won't actually lift on the program I am doing anyway. She said it is a bit too much for her. Her goals are not the same and no reason for her to be as sore as it makes her.

That's the stuff!

I just finished up 10 hill sprints and 20 times up and down 5 flights of stairs for some outdoor HIIT! Kicking up the pace on HIIT to bring on the SHRED! Warm up and cool down were the mile walk there and back.
Kleen, we have an awesome sleep aid supp called REM8.0. Shoot me your addy and I'll send you out some samples for her. Maybe it could help. I have a few logs going on it right now, all are very positive so far. Dr.stri8ted, stephengarcia, and cumminslifter are the loggers if you want to take a look.

Let me know, brother. Free samples, no strings, other than some feedback would be great

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah just need to cap it first, she is a bit OCD about taking powders... HMMMM again a similarity...
You could put it in some juice or something

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I resemble that remark! :rasp:
Snickering over here...
Did you try ZMA or melatonin or any of the other non prescription sleep aides! Insomnia is horrible for your health and sanity.
Yes, sure did, melatonin will help for a few days but she goes from having bad dreams to waking up in a panic from nightmares when she takes it. ZMA helped calm her but not too much.
Kleen, we have an awesome sleep aid supp called REM8.0. Shoot me your addy and I'll send you out some samples for her. Maybe it could help. I have a few logs going on it right now, all are very positive so far. Dr.stri8ted, stephengarcia, and cumminslifter are the loggers if you want to take a look.

Let me know, brother. Free samples, no strings, other than some feedback would be great
Sure, I will send you the addy, she will give it a shot.
You could put it in some juice or something
She knows it is a powdered mix and gets anxious out about it. She is barely even able to make herself drink coolaid mix. She got really sick once from something ass a kid and for some reason that stuff really sticks to her. She avoids anything that gave her a really bad experience like the plague. As an example, say we go to the same place to eat for years and she gets really sick once, we can't go back there. Point blank it causes major anxiety. Remember I talked her into trying the original Ignite and she would wretch from it. I can cap the G8 and see how that goes, just that capping is a pain in the arse.

Doc just gave her some lunesta instead of her ambien and the change seems to be working for her a bit right now. Ambien wasn't working anymore, but the last 2 nights she has actually got some sleep. Kind of crazy because her getting some sleep has made me sleep more deeply and it is hard to get out of bed in the morning for the gym. Lucky for me falling asleep is no problem so I can do my weights or cardio in the evenings if I miss.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh oh, that's where I was. I was taking 20-25 mg ambien so my doctor switched me to lunesta. I just said screw it and took a 2 month break and it takes me forever to sleep but I can squeeze in some natural hours until I go back to drugged sleep. And rem 8.0 is good, I just woke up (went to sleep around 530)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh oh, that's where I was. I was taking 20-25 mg ambien so my doctor switched me to lunesta. I just said screw it and took a 2 month break and it takes me forever to sleep but I can squeeze in some natural hours until I go back to drugged sleep. And rem 8.0 is good, I just woke up (went to sleep around 530)
I'm sending some out for her shortly so hopefully its going to help. Insomnia sucks ass

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah my wiife has CFS and this is her major symptom. She has been taking drugs for years to help her sleep as she needs to sleep for long periiods to help fight the fatigue. G8 helps but she complains of groginess.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah my wiife has CFS and this is her major symptom. She has been taking drugs for years to help her sleep as she needs to sleep for long periiods to help fight the fatigue. G8 helps but she complains of groginess.
If you want some REM samples for her to try let me know

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!

The Lunesta is working like a champ right now for her. Speaking of champs, I just keep getting stronger and stronger!!! Here is yesterdays leg day.

Leg Day Tempo was 2-0-1 for all lifts. 3-5 rep range on compounds, and 6-8 reps on isolation exercises.

Close Stance Below Parallel Squats - 135x10, 225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 405x4 Up 20 lbs from last time with same amount of reps. Strength still improving.

Leg Press Feet Low and Close together - 730x5, 820x5, 1000x5, 1090x4 - Went up in weight again here.

Superset done with no rest at all

Leg Extensions - 170x8, 190x8, 230x8, 230x
7 - felt really good about these weight going up.
Leg Curls - 90x8, 110x8, 130x8, 130x6 - Excellent supersets here, no rest had my heart rate pumping and I was giving it hell to really finish off my hamstrings and quads. Had a hard time walking after these.

Crunches - total of 250 done in multiple configurations from legs down, legs up, legs in a v, small of back was kept down at all times with hips curled up. Had a pretty intense ab cramp when it was all said and done.

Legs will be changing as far as rep counts go. I will be moving to an 8-12 rep for heavy days and 15-20 rep count on higher days for compound lifts, isolation exercises will be @ 8-12, & 12-15 respectively. I expect some growth and shaping to come from this change as well as my tendons to feel get some recovery.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong lifts brother of bald. Speaking of bald I will be shining my head to a high gloss on your competition day to blind the other competitors on stage. DaVinci' s death Ray won't have shyt on me.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong lifts brother of bald. Speaking of bald I will be shining my head to a high gloss on your competition day to blind the other competitors on stage. DaVinci' s death Ray won't have shyt on me.
ROFL! You should call mythbusters, I don't think they tried that one

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is awesome! You should use the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax! I am pretty excited, I think this coming week we may be making our first drop in calories but it will be very small. That or adding an extra HIIT session which would only make it 3 so not bad at all. I kept things pretty much inline this week. I think when I do my update pics there should be some changes. Hard for me to tell looking in the mirror.
ROFL! You should call mythbusters, I don't think they tried that one
I haven't seen it on there before.

Today is an upper body day and I will be heading to the gym in about an hour and a half. Just had a banana and protein shake to give me some go-go juice for the workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always took you for a spitter
I don't think so Snags is committed to the end! Obviously spitting was an accident. That one must have caught him by surprise.

Okay so I just had my free meal and damn it, it was good. Not too horrible but it was a lot. 14 oz lean sirloin, 2 turkey hot dogs with turkey chili, an 8 oz baked potato and some steamed broccoli with a Dos Equis while q'ing up the sirloin. This was after being a bit short on some of my food earlier due to taking the family to the pool plus I had a hell of a lift earlier today to feed.

Here is the workout from earlier, it was a shoulder and arms attack. 2-0-1 tempo on all lifts except when the positive exceeded 1 second due to effort to get the rep completed.

Delts
Partial DB Side Raise - 35x12, 35x12, 35x12, 35x10 last 5 no long negative, 30x10 last 2 no long negatives
- definitely doing better on these each time out. I think next time I may hit 12 on all sets at 35.

Smith Wide Shoulder Press to chest - weights are weight only not bar- 90x12, 110x10, 110x8, 110x7, 90x8 - first time on smith but definitely heavier just counting the weight on the bar. Shoulders looked beast, vascularity was intense!!!

Rear Delt Destroyers - 45x35>27.5x22>17.5x12 - increased reps, on first and second, then was heavier on final drop! Rear delts looking like shelves!

Biceps
Chins - BWx10, BW+25x10, BW+25x7, Bw x6, Chin grip pull downs 165x11
- massive pump her lats and biceps both swoll up!

Spider Curls 75x9, 75x6, 65x5 - biceps were screaming at this point. Pump was already sick...

Incline DB Hammer Curls - 30x8, x7, x5 - Biceps were destroyed, pumps was ridiculous, couldn't ask for more!

Triceps
Weighted Dips - BWx45x8, BW+90x8, BW+135x8, BW+135x2>BW+90x8, BWx90x8>BWx10
- Nice, got some big dips in here, was feeling great, nice and strong!

Cable Decline Skulls - 90x7, 90x7, 80x10 - weight was down a bit due to heavy dips but effort was crazy intense!

Reverse Grip Cable Triceps Extensions - 110x12, 110x10, 110x8 - Nice burnout here, triceps were like slabs of meat hanging, love that look!

Rear Delt Flies on Straight arm pec deck machine - 80x19, 90x13, 70x12+2 partials... Wife was doing these when I finished so I just added them on for the fun of it. LOVED the feel and pump!

Tomorrow will be a short chest and back session followed by some HIIT, will update afterwards.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Delts and arms...got to love that. Nice to put all your energy in them, so fullfilling work outs.

Think you 'destroyed ' your delts....holy cow KLEEN-MAN;)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I don't think so Snags is committed to the end! Obviously spitting was an accident.
:blink:

:ntome:

beastly workout broganifico!
and interesting free meal, wasn't too shabby at all

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long does a session like that take you to complete?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Delts and arms...got to love that. Nice to put all your energy in them, so fullfilling work outs.Think you 'destroyed ' your delts....holy cow KLEEN-MAN
Thanks, yeah I was feeling great in the gym. The 1-Alpha and Ostanish are really starting to show there heads. Leaning up, and delts are improving on the regular. The rear delt destroyers are bringing a more 3D look to them and I see them sticking out off the sides more from concentrating on medial delts. Front delts had to have gotten smashed on the heavy dips too! Arms seem to be looking better but I am not adding size, just a more quality look while at the same size. I'll take it for now. If on a national level I need to grow them like crazy but first I need to place well enough in the local show for that. Speaking of, it is getting time for me to start some posing practice. Talk about HIIT cardio!
:blink::ntome:beastly workout broganifico!and interesting free meal, wasn't too shabby at all
Yeah, I could have probably added a bit more carbs. The kids wanted chili dogs and as a family we are all working to eat better so that explains the turkey everything... Jo saw a thing on Pinterest where you slice a hot dog down the middle and stuff it with jalapenos so she got some and did that for me. I just had to have it once I saw it in the pan of meat she brought out to me to put on the pit. Also cooked about 3 lbs chicken breast and another 3 12-16 oz sirloins so I would have some grub over the next couple days. Funny my eyes popped open about 7:30 this morning and I was like crap did I take the chicken off the pit. I was so excited to get after the dogs and the steak I forgot if I had went back out to take them off. I couldn't get it out of my head, so I got up and checked so I could grab another couple hours of Z's. Yep it was there in the fridge, so I had a quick shake and went back to bed.Just finished some chicken, and a sweet potato with plain Greek yogurt on it instead of sour cream. Gotta love Greek Yogurt! Yes Snags, I know you do not approve of dairy, but it is only a tiny bit and not going to hurt anything at this point in the game. I am about to take the boy out to practice driving some then go to the gym. Chest, Back & HIIT day may even use my ab wheel who knows... I actually prefer these to the ab wheel for tearing the abs down and bringing on the 3D abs. The ones with the straight legs. Sometimes I have to bring them up with a bit of a swing then do the negative, just depends on where I am in the set. 3 Sets of this and your abs will feel it.[video=youtube_share;Y7-RNJEawm8]http://youtu.be/Y7-RNJEawm8[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weird, the editor keeps crunching my posts together with no returns for spacing. Sorry for the jumble...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet potato with Greek yogurt is pretty damn good! I do that a lot myself. Add in a little Splenda and some cinnamon and its simply amazing. A little dairy certainly won't hurt you at all. I wouldn't even worry about cutting it out until you are 4-6 weeks out, but I know that's between you and your coach.

Keep killing it brother! I know I don't drop it often enough but I am still following buddy. :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I dint say a word about the dairy bro - trying to head me off at the pass eh? :lol:
nah man - you are being coached; I do not step on toes, but fyi fact of matter is, I would still have no issues with what you say here
cool vid, seen it before but always inspiring, Sly is

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah cutting you off at the pass, and being silly poking the bear so to speak... :stups:

So here is my chest and back workout, it is truncated because I am only trying to maintain chest and back at the moment.

Tempo 2-0-1

HS Horizontal Chest Press (Weight Per Side) - 110x12, 135x10, 155x10, 180x4>110x6 Felt really good, nice contraction and after the drop set chest was very full when done.
Incline Flies - 40x12, 50x10>25x9 - I make sure to go extremely wide on my flies, arms are barely bent and DB's go completely below my shoulders...

HS Wide Pull Downs ( Weight Per Side ) - 95x12, 120x10, 140x9, 165x5 This is the one that starts wide grip but gets wider as it comes down. Major contraction here, loved having this available for this workout. One of my favorite back machines from Hammer Strength.
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 135x12, 225x10, 275x5>135x9 - I kept form very strict on these, I just wanted to see what I could do on them since it had been a while. All reps were done with full extension and to peak contraction.

Abs - Drawbridges / 4 second negatives, all straight legged - 12 reps - my abs were still a little sore from the other day and this cramped them up something fierce! I started a second set after the cramp released but after the first rep it cramped again.

20 minutes HIIT on STAIRMILL > 10 minutes interval incline walk on treadmill and 5 minute cool down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so here are my update pics, a lil frustrated, my "Dry" pics from 4:00 AM did not come out, looks like they were taken through a cloud. So these are after cardio, abs and 1/2 gallon of water again. I definitely leaned up since last week and if the first shots had come out I think some of you would be shocked. Vascularity is way up on arms and legs, even have some veins coming in on my lower abdomen.

Weight this week 202.4, down 2 lbs from last week.

7-8-13 Relaxed 202.4 lbs.jpg

7-8-13 202.4 lbs Flexed Montage Post.jpg

7-8-13 202.4 lbs legs 2.JPG

Expect to see some serious changes next week as I kick up the HIIT a notch and also split some of my workouts up into 2 a days for the metabolic boost. I am working abs now and have not really been doing them much so far, that is going to be a pretty major difference right off the bat. Changes from this week to next week should be well beyond what you have been seeing so far.

This morning was a HIIT, and Abs / Core day with some calves finally thrown in.

Stairmill HIIT 5 minute warm up > 10 minutes at 20 second intervals level 5 & 18 > 10 minutes at 40 second intervals levels 7 & 19 > 5 minutes moderate intensity level 10 / 5 minutes MIIT on treadmill 3mph @ Incline 5 & 12 / 5minute cool down, total calories burned 560

Abs - Ab Wheel 12, 12, 12 side to side, 12 side to side
DB Oblique Side Bends 60lb x 20 for 4 sets
BB on Back Rotary Torso Twists 80lbs x 100

Calves - Seated Donkey Calve Raise - 250lbs x 15 x 3 sets, Tempo 2-1-2-1

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
huh
s'up with those pics brah - you look cloudy and watered..

(umm jus poking the bear so to speak...) :stups:

:run:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
huh
s'up with those pics brah - you look cloudy and watered..

(umm jus poking the bear so to speak...) :stups:

:run:
LOL! Touche'

Funny, I just noticed the window in the background actually looks like water not sure where the blue tint came from in that room... and these weren't the cloudy ones!!! PPPPLLLLBBBBTTTT :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I gotta say.... you Kleen up nicely......ha ha

And your legs are beast!