KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If anyone is interested this is the planned split I will be working for now with Mountain Dog Training. I basically got it from John Meadows article on correcting weak points. His was for Arms, mine is for ARMS & Shoulders the only difference being workout 6 is an ARM & Shoulder workout instead of just Arms.

Day 1 Legs
Day 2 Chest/Shoulders/Triceps*
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Back/Biceps**
Day 5 Off
Day 6 Shoulder & Arms***
Day 7 Off
* volume for chest is reduced and additional triceps work is added in
** volume for back is reduced and additional biceps work is added in
*** a full shoulders, biceps-triceps workout

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If anyone is interested this is the planned split I will be working for now with Mountain Dog Training. I basically got it from John Meadows article on correcting weak points. His was for Arms, mine is for ARMS & Shoulders the only difference being workout 6 is an ARM & Shoulder workout instead of just Arms.

Day 1 Legs
Day 2 Chest/Shoulders/Triceps*
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Back/Biceps**
Day 5 Off
Day 6 Shoulder & Arms***
Day 7 Off
* volume for chest is reduced and additional triceps work is added in
** volume for back is reduced and additional biceps work is added in
*** a full shoulders, biceps-triceps workout
When are you starting this? Looks great.. I am hunting down something new after 12 weeks of FST-7.. need a change. If it is ok, just might follow your lead. (or might have a run with the big beyond belief program)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When are you starting this? Looks great.. I am hunting down something new after 12 weeks of FST-7.. need a change. If it is ok, just might follow your lead. (or might have a run with the big beyond belief program)
I started it today, but I did the Arm and shoulder workout Saturday if you look at the two workouts in my update those are both MD Routines.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wasme PM me your email addy and I will email you the PDF I made with the articles for each body part and the weak point training I put all of them into one PDF.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha those rear delt peck decs lit me up every week!! There were time the last set felt like it took me 5 mins because I had to stop and catch my breath for a second or two (or 10)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
wasme PM me your email addy and I will email you the PDF I made with the articles for each body part and the weak point training I put all of them into one PDF.
Kleen can you get me a copy as well.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're your own worst critic....do see leaning, and definitely some fuller bodyparts, shoulders look like boulders...

yeah buddy!!! you're going to give them hell.

Wonder what Matt has instore for you....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes it's harder to see progress than others then you focus on areas where you know progress is bound to show and you see it more clearly. Near the end the progress is off the chain. You're 12.5 weeks out and very on track, plenty of time to make a move if need be.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha those rear delt peck decs lit me up every week!! There were time the last set felt like it took me 5 mins because I had to stop and catch my breath for a second or two (or 10)
Yeah, today was a beast I will update it below the replies!
Kleen can you get me a copy as well.
Sure thing shoot me your addy.
Congrats on the gig buddy!
Yeah Congrats Wasme!
You're your own worst critic....do see leaning, and definitely some fuller bodyparts, shoulders look like boulders...

yeah buddy!!! you're going to give them hell.

Wonder what Matt has instore for you....
Thanks Edge! I am definitely my own worst critic, however I can not help but be impressed with how my shoulder development is coming along. If my arms follow suit I will be one hell of a beast on show day. Even if not, If you have to have a weak point there are worse body parts than arms and if I can just keep them at this size while leaning I will be on stage with 18s flexed when I have a pump. Maybe even more with MAX PUMP!

I got a chance to see the changes for next week and we are moving to carb cycling, and a tiny bit higher fat intake which I like. Also the beginning of Mechabol, then back on the bridge, then will end it all up with Triton and a little extra EPI. With all of that in my corner no reason I can not grow into my show, at least in the points I am working on now while maintaining the rest of my body.

Sometimes it's harder to see progress than others then you focus on areas where you know progress is bound to show and you see it more clearly. Near the end the progress is off the chain. You're 12.5 weeks out and very on track, plenty of time to make a move if need be.
Yeah it is hard to see on ourselves sometimes, at least at this point. My abs are at a point where other things are leaning out while they are not going as fast again. Once back fat comes down a bit more my abs should really tighten up and get freaky like I know they can look.

So here is my workout from earlier: RP @ and numbers means I had to rest and pause before I could finish the prescribed set. Some were finished with partials as listed. Fascia Stretches at the end were triceps stretches holding a DB behind my head letting it pull down basically a DC triceps stretch.

_7-16-13 Chest and Arms.jpg

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
nice log!
I know you know this, but is important to underscore for others who may not be experienced in the contest-prep form..
each and every workout, always train to retain and build muscle while losing as much fat as possible
how do we do this? a three-pronged approach:
increase reps w/ same weight
increase weight for same reps
decrease rest intervals between sets

these principles can be applied to everyone for a variety of everyday training endeavors, all yr long! :yup:

and -- a log allows easy tracking of the last time thru the workout
very professional here, chris

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice log!
I know you know this, but is important to underscore for others who may not be experienced in the contest-prep form..
each and every workout, always train to retain and build muscle while losing as much fat as possible

these principles can be applied to everyone for a variety of everyday training endeavors, all yr long! :yup:

Absolutely, and thank you. I definitely agree you have to keep pushing to improve during contest prep. No resting on your laurels or using your weight loss as an excuse to allow for less intensity. Certainly I may see a little bit of drop initially when I move to carb cycling but I will be giving it my all and tracking it all the way through. A log is a great way to keep track of your progress and as you can tell I tend to know when I have made increases all year long, or know the exact reason why I see a drop. This comes from keeping a log. I highly recommend it for everyone who has interest in continuously improving in one way or another.

Thanks Kleen.
You are very welcome.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice log!

That's a great way to state it Steve.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice lookong workout dude. That destroyer set at the end must have been rough. Ive never went about the 35's for the first set. You sir are a beast. Maybe you can answer this question. On the partial lat raises meadows says to keep yiur head back and look up during those. Why does that make it so much harder?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice lookong workout dude. That destroyer set at the end must have been rough. Ive never went about the 35's for the first set. You sir are a beast. Maybe you can answer this question. On the partial lat raises meadows says to keep yiur head back and look up during those. Why does that make it so much harder?
It takes the traps and upper back out of it more, ever notice when you want to shrug or row heavy you tend to crane your neck forward? It allows you to squeeze the traps better when the head is forward. Plus it kind of arches your back a bit making the weight more in alignment for the medial delts to be activated by going out more so than back.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It takes the traps and upper back out of it more, ever notice when you want to shrug or row heavy you tend to crane your neck forward? It allows you to squeeze the traps better when the head is forward. Plus it kind of arches your back a bit making the weight more in alignment for the medial delts to be activated by going out more so than back.
Makes sense. I must use my upper back and traps alot more than I think. Ill catch my self not looking up from time to time and then correct it and the weight feels like I added 15lbs to the db's. Thanks man

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense. I must use my upper back and traps alot more than I think. Ill catch my self not looking up from time to time and then correct it and the weight feels like I added 15lbs to the db's. Thanks man
Another way to limit them although you can not go quite as heavy is to stand up straight and start with the weight directly at the side of your legs with your back straight, but then you can't really do the swings and part of the work with that is stopping the weight before it hits in the middle. It takes a lot of force to stop that weight when it is swinging back down to keep it from hitting together. Think of all that momentum you have to overcome.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh man the Sand Man had his grip on me this morning, I just could not justify getting out of bed. I was so ridiculously tired my body must be adjusting to the increasing demands I am putting on it. No problem, I will just do my HIIT tonight.

Today to get my engine up and running I decided to take PX White since it seems to have a little more stim kick, got me moving even though my body was telling me it wanted to go back to bed. I took my second dose about 30 minutes ago and am definitely feeling the overlapping stim effect since the first pill is not out of my system as of yet.

Since I don't have any training to discuss right now I wanted to go just mention some things that are occuring with my physique as well as things others are noticing. Once of my co-workers asked me yesterday "Why it looks like your BIG HEAD is shrinking and your shoulders are getting bigger?" She is my homegirl up here, we are total buddies who mess with each other non stop. We call each other "BIG HEAD!" As you can imagine we both have large domes... Anyway, I told her hopefully because my face is thinner and my shoulders are growing. She says "Well it looks like your shoulders are swelling up..." I am thinking AWESOME! Then later in the conversation she pats me on the shoulder laughing after snapping on me and is all like DAYUM Chris you are getting bigger! HELL TO THE YEAH!!!!

Also we have mirrored doors on the inside of our elevators with some gentle overhead lighting via flood lights. So I see myself every time I get in the elevator under the flood lights, IE pretty flattering lighting. Lately I have been looking extremely large in the chest and shoulders. Not sure if the chest is growing or if the additional width and fullness of my delts is just making my entire upper body look that much better. Either way my upper body just looks thicker and more full, muscles look more well rounded. All good signs!

To touch on supplementation, I have been continuing to use all of my FINAFLEX Staples, and can not say enough about how well they have treated me. Also the combination of 20mgs of Ostanish and 3 caps of 1-Alpha during this bridge recently has provided for continuous leaning while adding in some size.
I also attribute some of the growth to BCAA SAA, and Creatrona, on any given training day I take at 2-3 scoops of BCAA SAA normally pre and intra workout. As of right now I think my favorite flavor has become the Blue Raspberry, however I am also extremely fond of the Apple Fusion. I also take 1-2 scoops of powdered Creatrona on training days and 2-3 caps of Creatrona on non training days. I think this combo is really going to prove itself even more as I have more low carb days and my body begins to rely more on them as a source of ATP. Saving my muscle from being broken down to do so.

Early next week I will begin running Mechabol going up to 100 maybe 125 a day, just depends on how everything is feeling. I will be using Talos and TUDCA throughout the rest of this prep to keep liver and lipids all in check since I will spend most of this time "On" in one way or another, either being a methyl, or running 1-Alpha /1-Andro and Ostanish at high doses bridging to the next methyl. In other words I am going on a 12 week rolling oral cycle similar but maybe a bit more aggressive than what you have seen Snags do recently.

Now for a quick comparison... This is where I started my prep, a 2 month difference while eating to increase metabolism instead of just cutting. A weight loss of only 3 lbs tells a story of some obvious muscle gain during this time. In the coming weeks with the carb cycling and increased HIIT we should really see a big difference in body composition on top of what we have already seen here! VERY EXCITED!!!!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Impressive transformation happening right there... can see it pretty much everywhere Chris.

By the way nice a$$... wait wut?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Impressive transformation happening right there... can see it pretty much everywhere Chris.

By the way nice a$$... wait wut?
Thanks on both accounts, lots of squatting to build an ass like that. ;)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome progress man. Didnt expect any less though TBH

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
sand man, big bald domes, and big ass..errr, wait..always love the content of this thread
beautiful man, just -- beautiful goings on in here..pics are superb, holding size just great right now; supps look to be on total point; and I am a hyooge fan of your intended anabolic cycle protocol ;)

lots of time to play with here chris, just keep eye on prize
nobody expects more than chris himself - the good ones are always their own harshest critics
still - is always good to get some recognition man :D

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From seeing your very first posted pictures I thought your goals would be impossible to accomplish. Didn't doubt you just thought they were larger than life. Seeing these last pictures, and the progress made, I'm a believer! Your hard work and dedication is really paying off!! Proud of you brother. Inspirational thread here.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't even notice a change :p bazinga! Amazing changes. Its almost show time brother!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazing how fast you're able to make these changes....so much leaner, and muscle fuller at the same time....

Freaky shyt...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Dan, and thanks for the help with the Mountain Dog stuff. Some of the upcoming changes to my physique will be in part due to your inspiration as well.
sand man, big bald domes, and big ass..errr, wait..always love the content of this thread
beautiful man, just -- beautiful goings on in here..pics are superb, holding size just great right now; supps look to be on total point; and I am a hyooge fan of your intended anabolic cycle protocol ;)

lots of time to play with here chris, just keep eye on prize

nobody expects more than chris himself - the good ones are always their own harshest critics
still - is always good to get some recognition man :D
I figured you would like the intended cycle protocol. I thought it was pretty cool when we talked about our plans for approach and found so many things to be similar. Great Minds!

Eye is on the prize no doubt there! I have laser painted the target and missing is not an option.

Agreed, no one expects more of me than me. I have my highest level of physical peak in mind and nothing short of being unbelievable will be acceptable to me. Winning is important make no doubt but more important is that I come in better than last time, prove that I have improved and progressed.

From seeing your very first posted pictures I thought your goals would be impossible to accomplish. Didn't doubt you just thought they were larger than life. Seeing these last pictures, and the progress made, I'm a believer! Your hard work and dedication is really paying off!! Proud of you brother. Inspirational thread here.
Thanks Kenpo! Means a lot, and glad to be inspiring to you. It is amazing what we can do when we choose to persevere in the eyes of a daunting or possibly insurmountable task. Like iron in a forge, the heat and pressure will only prove to make me a better & stronger version of me on the other side of this.

I can't even notice a change :p bazinga! Amazing changes. Its almost show time brother!
LOL! Thanks Monty! Yeah seems just a little bit ago 20 weeks was so far away, now I am feeling the pressure and excitement of crunch time. Even though it is upon me, it is also far enough out I don't have to do anything rash that may cause muscle loss. Right now things are really looking excellent for my approach!
Amazing how fast you're able to make these changes....so much leaner, and muscle fuller at the same time....

Freaky shyt...
Thanks EDGE! Funny to me I was a little oh things aren't happening fast enough... Part of the reason I decided to go to page one and have a look at where I was 2 months ago. I am glad I did as it renewed my sense of excitement without removing any of the sense of urgency which is also very important for me to keep.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Definitely inspire me to lean up and consult you on my progress!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely inspire me to lean up and consult you on my progress!
Do it Mang! The journey ends up being as rewarding as the destination!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ this
hell the journey is half the fun (or more) of the whole shebang!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ this
hell the journey is half the fun (or more) of the whole shebang!
Yeah Buddy!
Rewarding yes....Fun not so much most. The time lol
Eh the diet itself isn't always fun but for me the intense workouts are very fun.

Last night I hit up my HIIT cardio on the stairmill. 5 minute warm up - 10 minutes of 20 second intervals, and 10 minutes of 40 second intervals with a 5 minute cool down. I was covered in sweat by the end of it! Did some abs on a new machine and some rotary torso twists with very light weight, then went home and had dinner.

This AM, took my Pre Workout Cocktail 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop BCAA and 1 scoop powdered Creatrona upon rising, got dressed and left for the gym.

HOLY BRACHIALIS! That is what I have to say about this morning! I mean everything was great, the workout went amazing and I feel like I moved some good weight on the Meadow Rows and Dead Stops. I did a lot of sweating too! However between the high intensity back work and the major biceps action I am getting mini cramps in my brachialis when I pick up / bend my arm past 90 degrees. I definitely crushed them but think I need to back the biceps volume down a little bit on this day and do the full volume on my shoulder and arms day. I will try it next week and see how it feels, I mean I have to have somewhere to go when increasing volume in Phase 2 anyway. Here is the lift.

20130718_070210.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great update as always! I really enjoy seeing the notes on your workouts as I do same. Really helps judge how you "feel" not just if you got it up or not (and helps when you cheat a bit).

I think most will agree that the dieting sucks but seeing the results makes it so much easier and can really get you over a bad craving day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great update as always! I really enjoy seeing the notes on your workouts as I do same. Really helps judge how you "feel" not just if you got it up or not (and helps when you cheat a bit).

I think most will agree that the dieting sucks but seeing the results makes it so much easier and can really get you over a bad craving day.
Agreed! I am finding myself happier and happier to see a mirror. I have not hit that in love with the mirror phase yet but that is just an awesome part of the process when you look in the mirror and are like DAYUM is that me? Holy Sh!t I look good right now.

I agree the notes are important. Like you said they help if I get the same reps next week but without a cheat rep I know I improved where if there is no note, I may think I am stagnating.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have :28:
hell man - I don't even need to be in contest prep for that
I still have not gotten quite as lean as it takes for that just yet. Isn't so much about contest prep as how I look. I am thinking give me about 2-2.5 weeks and I will be there. Then you guys will be like okay enough pictures already!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everytime i seem to hit the phase of loving how i look in the mirror i screw it up for some reason. That wont happen now though!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everytime i seem to hit the phase of loving how i look in the mirror i screw it up for some reason. That wont happen now though!
If you were not at that phase in your AVI then you have some type of body dismorphia. Then again most of us in this game have a little bit anyway.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man the Sand Man had his grip on me this morning, I just could not justify getting out of bed. I was so ridiculously tired my body must be adjusting to the increasing demands I am putting on it. No problem, I will just do my HIIT tonight.

Today to get my engine up and running I decided to take PX White since it seems to have a little more stim kick, got me moving even though my body was telling me it wanted to go back to bed. I took my second dose about 30 minutes ago and am definitely feeling the overlapping stim effect since the first pill is not out of my system as of yet.

Since I don't have any training to discuss right now I wanted to go just mention some things that are occuring with my physique as well as things others are noticing. Once of my co-workers asked me yesterday "Why it looks like your BIG HEAD is shrinking and your shoulders are getting bigger?" She is my homegirl up here, we are total buddies who mess with each other non stop. We call each other "BIG HEAD!" As you can imagine we both have large domes... Anyway, I told her hopefully because my face is thinner and my shoulders are growing. She says "Well it looks like your shoulders are swelling up..." I am thinking AWESOME! Then later in the conversation she pats me on the shoulder laughing after snapping on me and is all like DAYUM Chris you are getting bigger! HELL TO THE YEAH!!!!

Also we have mirrored doors on the inside of our elevators with some gentle overhead lighting via flood lights. So I see myself every time I get in the elevator under the flood lights, IE pretty flattering lighting. Lately I have been looking extremely large in the chest and shoulders. Not sure if the chest is growing or if the additional width and fullness of my delts is just making my entire upper body look that much better. Either way my upper body just looks thicker and more full, muscles look more well rounded. All good signs!

To touch on supplementation, I have been continuing to use all of my FINAFLEX Staples, and can not say enough about how well they have treated me. Also the combination of 20mgs of Ostanish and 3 caps of 1-Alpha during this bridge recently has provided for continuous leaning while adding in some size.
I also attribute some of the growth to BCAA SAA, and Creatrona, on any given training day I take at 2-3 scoops of BCAA SAA normally pre and intra workout. As of right now I think my favorite flavor has become the Blue Raspberry, however I am also extremely fond of the Apple Fusion. I also take 1-2 scoops of powdered Creatrona on training days and 2-3 caps of Creatrona on non training days. I think this combo is really going to prove itself even more as I have more low carb days and my body begins to rely more on them as a source of ATP. Saving my muscle from being broken down to do so.

Early next week I will begin running Mechabol going up to 100 maybe 125 a day, just depends on how everything is feeling. I will be using Talos and TUDCA throughout the rest of this prep to keep liver and lipids all in check since I will spend most of this time "On" in one way or another, either being a methyl, or running 1-Alpha /1-Andro and Ostanish at high doses bridging to the next methyl. In other words I am going on a 12 week rolling oral cycle similar but maybe a bit more aggressive than what you have seen Snags do recently.

Now for a quick comparison... This is where I started my prep, a 2 month difference while eating to increase metabolism instead of just cutting. A weight loss of only 3 lbs tells a story of some obvious muscle gain during this time. In the coming weeks with the carb cycling and increased HIIT we should really see a big difference in body composition on top of what we have already seen here! VERY EXCITED!!!!
It's nice when others start noticing the changes. It makes you feel as if all that work and dedication is paying off!

Pictures look incredible Kleen! Nice work. Can't wait to see what is to come!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's nice when others start noticing the changes. It makes you feel as if all that work and dedication is paying off!

Pictures look incredible Kleen! Nice work. Can't wait to see what is to come!
Thanks LTL!