love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That sucks! Did you have a home warranty?
We got a 1 year new home warranty. Thankfully the new unit was “free” because that’s what we paid for in the first place and they installed the wrong one. As for the service/part prior to realizing it was the wrong unit, we paid for. Thankfully they gave us a discount since hubby works for the builder.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We got a 1 year new home warranty. Thankfully the new unit was “free” because that’s what we paid for in the first place and they installed the wrong one. As for the service/part prior to realizing it was the wrong unit, we paid for. Thankfully they gave us a discount since hubby works for the builder.
That’s good!!! So much responsibilities as a homeowner!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just stepped on the scale and I’m 32 lbs down since 2016. Lol, slow but still progress and I’ll take it.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just stepped on the scale and I’m 32 lbs down since 2016. Lol, slow but still progress and I’ll take it.
Wow! That’s wonderful!! Progress is progress!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The first time my now Son-In-Law took my youngest daughter out, I made sure to let him know she meant more to me than anything else in the whole world !!
I have my very short speech already written and memorized. "There are two vitally important things you need to know about dating my daughter. 1. is that she is to be treated with respect, and 2. that I decided when she was born that I was more than willing to go to prison for her!"

You’d think a new home, you wouldn’t have any problems...WRONG! Even working for the builder, there are still issues! Our HVAC has had issues since we moved in 18 months ago. Finally had another company come out and found out the original installers made some mistakes and even installed the wrong size unit. (We paid for a larger unit) They installed a new unit that’s supposed to be the one we paid for. Now the dang thing won’t even cut on...
Ugh!!! Glad they kind of squared it away, although i feel like they should have repayed all service fees that were caused by their mistake. Especially with him being an employee.

WOOHOO!!!! Awesome stuff!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have my very short speech already written and memorized. "There are two vitally important things you need to know about dating my daughter. 1. is that she is to be treated with respect, and 2. that I decided when she was born that I was more than willing to go to prison for her!"

Ugh!!! Glad they kind of squared it away, although i feel like they should have repayed all service fees that were caused by their mistake. Especially with him being an employee.

WOOHOO!!!! Awesome stuff!
Thanks! Me too! Still not sure if both phases are working. (Its a 2 phase unit) The fee was because we had a different HVAC company come out because the initial one couldn’t figure out the issues. It’s kinda crazy! Lol I am thankful it works and it’s all working out little by little! Nothing like the craziness you have going on!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Week off work and training-and nutrition too tbh lol

Went to the beach Sunday and came back today! It was perfect!! Temps on the 80’s each day. Only a few small showers. Did lots of walking on the beach day/night and sitting in the sun/shade. We even went parasailing as a surprise for our daughter’s graduation. It was awesome! I am TERRIFIED of heights but I actually really enjoyed going with her! Was really cool to see the ocean from that view! I’ll have to upload pics of that later but here are a few others we took.
IMG_6684.JPG
21710047-783F-48CD-9A46-18FC4D22F072.jpg
FAB66898-FED6-4456-AA2A-48AAC119F032.jpg
IMG_6675.JPG
5B7F7D2D-B8BA-4A29-BAC3-6600D90BDDBF.jpg
9C4514C3-91F8-4AD3-950A-DE8888FCCE4B.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like an awesome time, and what a beautiful picture of you! Such natural beauty in that picture!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like an awesome time, and what a beautiful picture of you! Such natural beauty in that picture!!!
Aww thank you!! It really was a wonderful trip! Once we got home, we got another toy and spent the weekend playing on it!
IMG_6707.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Totally jealous! I would love one of those things and to be close enough to the water to just do it whenever...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Totally jealous! I would love one of those things and to be close enough to the water to just do it whenever...
Well, anytime you feel like coming to the east coast, you can come play! Haha

We’ve been dreaming of owning one for like 10 years!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, anytime you feel like coming to the east coast, you can come play! Haha

We’ve been dreaming of owning one for like 10 years!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you had an amazing vacation, Kat! You look gorgeous as always!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy 4th Kat! Have an amazing freedom day!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy 4th Kat! Have an amazing freedom day!
Thank you! We’ve been playing on the lake all weekend! It’s so much fun!! I hope you had a wonderful day too!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Jump on this crazy sale!!

Biggest BLR sale EVER!!! Up to 40% off!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve been trying to work squats back into leg days and man am I weak!! My hip is cooperating for the most part. I just want to try to maintain some form of function. Just frustrating when things don’t seem to fire correctly despite trying to strengthen everything from different angles!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Give it a little time, you will get there.

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Feeling a little crafty this week...made a serving tray for a wedding present. (I’m also doing their cake and cupcakes-pics of those after the wedding tomorrow)
IMG_6833.JPG

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you! We’ve been playing on the lake all weekend! It’s so much fun!! I hope you had a wonderful day too!
Can't beat some fun on the lake! Mine was amazing. :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Gift, You Are Very Talented !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I could taste it...........It looks So Good (and Pretty)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you both! I bought the wood precut from Home Depot but it was my first time staining/polyurethaning anything! Can’t wait to make myself one now! Haha

Here’s the cake table.
View attachment 184698
Well it turned out pretty damn good if you ask me. Good work!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nice presentation Kat!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a little update since it’s been a while...ended up in the ER Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for pain on my lower right side. Thought it was my appendix...they did a CT and found a 9cm (3.5”) cyst on my right ovary. Gave me pain meds and told me to follow up with an OB. Attempted to go to work Wednesday but pain was too much. Followed up with OB on Thursday. Pain was better but ultrasound revealed the was no blood flow to that right ovary...so they wanted to do same day surgery to remove the cyst and ovary. Appt was at 10-surgery was about 1:30...out and headed home about 5:30. Everything went as expected but I am restricted to nothing over 10lbs for 2 weeks. So taking some down time needless to say! Haha

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whoa. That's crazy. Glad to hear it was a quick surgery, best of luck on the recovery Kat!

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glad youre ok! Take recovery slow but listen to body and if you wanna exercise just go for brisk walk until youre tired. Again, just glad ur ok.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a little update since it’s been a while...ended up in the ER Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for pain on my lower right side. Thought it was my appendix...they did a CT and found a 9cm (3.5”) cyst on my right ovary. Gave me pain meds and told me to follow up with an OB. Attempted to go to work Wednesday but pain was too much. Followed up with OB on Thursday. Pain was better but ultrasound revealed the was no blood flow to that right ovary...so they wanted to do same day surgery to remove the cyst and ovary. Appt was at 10-surgery was about 1:30...out and headed home about 5:30. Everything went as expected but I am restricted to nothing over 10lbs for 2 weeks. So taking some down time needless to say! Haha

Happy to hear you're ok!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear you are OK, Take care of yourself and you will be back to the gym in no time.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whoa. That's crazy. Glad to hear it was a quick surgery, best of luck on the recovery Kat!
Take care Kat.
Glad youre ok! Take recovery slow but listen to body and if you wanna exercise just go for brisk walk until youre tired. Again, just glad ur ok.
Happy to hear you're ok!
Glad to hear you are OK, Take care of yourself and you will be back to the gym in no time.
Thank you guys so much!!!
Even @Admin commented! I feel pretty special!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear you're okay, Kat and glad they found it when they did. I've had friends and family members with ovarian cysts rupture and I can't personally imagine the pain based on how they've described it.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glad to hear you're okay, Kat and glad they found it when they did. I've had friends and family members with ovarian cysts rupture and I can't personally imagine the pain based on how they've described it.
Yeah, I know why they operated right away bc my mother had same issue but it went too long and the woman who had dealt w pain her entire life said she had a new level of 10. God bless modern medicine and good on your docs for getting you squared away!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear it went well! take care of yourself!
Praying for a quick healing!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you! I thought I had one rupture last month. Excruciating pain and fever for 2 days but now I’m wondering what happened since it was obviously still there. Who knows! Glad to be rid of it for sure!

Yeah, I know why they operated right away bc my mother had same issue but it went too long and the woman who had dealt w pain her entire life said she had a new level of 10. God bless modern medicine and good on your docs for getting you squared away!
I am glad the OB took care of it right away! The ultrasound tech was surprised the ER sent me home and didn’t take care of it then.

Glad to hear it went well! take care of yourself!
Praying for a quick healing!
Thank you! Will be trying to go back to work tomorrow.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear you are okay and that you get to keep the other one to keep your hormones in decent shape. We never did quite get Jo back to a comfortable spot after having to have a full hysterectomy.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear you are okay and that you get to keep the other one to keep your hormones in decent shape. We never did quite get Jo back to a comfortable spot after having to have a full hysterectomy.
Thank you! That’s not good! She has enough going on to not at least get relief there! I am glad that I got to keep one and the good behaving one! Haha

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright, need opinions...doc made me take off another week. I have never had 3 weeks without lifting. I wanting to know the best approach for getting back in. Single muscle group and build my way back up to high density training...poss a full body program? Or just do the high density/full body with lighter weights?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright, need opinions...doc made me take off another week. I have never had 3 weeks without lifting. I wanting to know the best approach for getting back in. Single muscle group and build my way back up to high density training...poss a full body program? Or just do the high density/full body with lighter weights?
I would start with lighter weights high density full body. My wife will be doing the same thing too. She has a DNC tomorrow, and then she has to have a neck surgery coming up shortly after

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would start with lighter weights high density full body. My wife will be doing the same thing too. She has a DNC tomorrow, and then she has to have a neck surgery coming up shortly after
Oh no!! That’s not good! Is this all from the wreck a while back?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, great to see you back on the board, what ever approach you take make it slow and steady, I am sure you will do great !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Three weeks off isn't too bad at all. Work capacity will be a little off. However I would take advantage of the deconditioning in the same way that is prescribed in a program like HST. Give yourself several opportunities for adaptation buy taking time to move up from about an RPE7 and adding a little more resistance each session gradually instead of trying to get back to normal numbers quickly. It will allow your physique to adapt more than if you just try to get to your numbers quickly. One is ego lifting, and the other is paying attention to getting the most out of your work. Since you are not a strength athlete I would go for creating more physique adaptation than CNS/strength.

If you want a basic HST full body layout I know where a few are, or you can just use small incremental increases over about a 6 week period where on the 6th week you are reaching or just passing your previous numbers. It will allow you to get the most out of working up without killing your joints or messing with CNS too much.