It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn..so much for my hope that I got you off that silly IF for good, eh?

:sigh:
Not for off season I will just gain too much weight as I can't stick with it for long periods like months on end... IF works good for off season between contests. It's a good maintenance eating plan for folks like me. Without IF I would not have been in the shape I was to begin with. I agree 12 weeks out is better for starting regular eating methods though, even though 8 weeks worked well for me and can be done I think 12 would be better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry DW, but I agree with snags....get rid of the IF.....!!!!
That would be a disaster for me. I would never have even been in the ballpark without IF the comp would never have happened. All my improvements body comp wilse up untill the last 8 weeks were IF... I can tell you what will happen if I get rid of it, by November I will be 240 lbs ...and it won't be good.

ironguru

ironguru

Awards

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
What does "IF" mean ?
nothing we want to delve into..shyte leaves a bad taste in my mouth :bleh:

DW - oh I so disagree with you my friend
there is nothing magical about IF - no special body processes or assimilation, nothing magical about 16hrs of fasting..and it is NOT conducive to you as a bodybyuilder. period.

however: if you FEEL it helps you and keeps you on target, then there is the power of the protocol right there -
IN YOUR OWN MIND! and in that instance, I guess bottom line, it works for you

just don't make the misguided assumption that IF is a "better" form of dieting, for anyone or any specific bodytype, because quite simply it is not

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

there is nothing magical about IF - no special body processes or assimilation, nothing magical about 16hrs of fasting..and it is NOT conducive to you as a bodybyuilder. period.

however: if you FEEL it helps you and keeps you on target, then there is the power of the protocol right there -

just don't make the misguided assumption that IF is a "better" form of dieting, for anyone or any specific bodytype, because quite simply it is not
So your saying "do what works for you". Solid advice I've been preaching for years.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Not only do what works for you but I believe what snags is saying is there is a better way to go by it and a little guidance could result huge gains.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think I've seen Ronnie, Dorian, Jay, Kai, Arnold, Branch, or any other top pro run around screaming "Intermittent Fasting Rules!" to the bodybuilding gods. In theory its a good way to burn some fat with deep fasted training but you don't have to use IF to do that....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No I agree it's cuz it works for me and I have my theories why but that is not important like you said.

So your saying "do what works for you". Solid advice I've been preaching for years.
Yah that is it, in a nutshell..

I tried traditional methods for decades with no success in the off season, this is not because traditional methods can't work for me, I just can't make them work for me. I used IF that worked for me .. better than anything has. I know now you can't use it for prep cuz you can't fast when you get super low or you will pass out, and or lose a pile of muscle. Fasting has to be tempered with large meals or this doesn't work well. You have to have a very efficient body type for IF in my opinion as well which I have in spades....

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
great pics dougie
you sure were conditioned..and best yet, you look like you had a blast getting up there!
and that's what it's all about :)

(was kinda chuckling on that hippie looking dude from the 60s, beard & fro going on :p
c'mon man....)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great pics dougie
you sure were conditioned..and best yet, you look like you had a blast getting up there!
and that's what it's all about :)

(was kinda chuckling on that hippie looking dude from the 60s, beard & fro going on :p
c'mon man....)
He's a real nice guy but you are going to get some stuff like that in Grand Masters.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yeah I hear ya
tryin to picture ahhnold with his conan beard & long hair, posing on stage..
mmm, no - BUT, I guess if anybody could pull it off, it would be him

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
compulsories 1..
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
1.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
Compulsories 2...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
Evening 1...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
Evening 2...
35.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
Evening 3...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
Love these shots he got with the procession to the front double bi.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Such an animal!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
see - I get up there & pose like that, I just look mean and pissed off..
doug pulls it off well, looks very fun

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True, not sure if I could pull that off or not, but it really worked well for Doug!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
True, not sure if I could pull that off or not, but it really worked well for Doug!
I would look like a fool. Dream did really well. I'm thinking about going to his next show

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hah I knew you guys would love that, lol I made it work with the music I became the animal... no more posing a and smiling like a pansy I made it out!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would look like a fool. Dream did really well. I'm thinking about going to his next show
That would be cool October 19th Montreal Musclemania Canada, has good promotion now and should be a good show.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would be cool October 19th Montreal Musclemania Canada, has good promotion now and should be a good show.
Ill see if I can't make it down there! Gotta pass it with my wife

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I will continue to log here for the next couple weeks till I get the new prep started.

I am growing like a bad weed on FST-7 here's my layout.

Day 1
Quads
•Front Squats 4 x 8-12
•Leg press 3 x 8-15
•Leg extension 7 x 8-15
Hamstrings
•Lying leg curls 4 x 10-15
•Stiff-leg deadlift 4 x 10-12
•Seated leg curls 7 x 10-15
Day2
Chest
•Incline dumbbell press 4 x 8-12
•Incline dumbbell flye 3 x 8-12
•Flat dumbbell press 3 x 8-12
•Pec deck 7 x 8-12
Triceps
•Close-grip bench press 4 x 8-12
•Machine dip 3 x 8-12
•Decline tri extension 7 x 8-12
Day 3
Biceps
•Alternate dumbbell curls 4 x 8-12
•Preacher curl 3 x 8-12
•Machine curl 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds )
Rear delts
•Dumbbell rear lateral raise 3 x 12-15
•Reverse pec flye 7 x 12-15
Day 4
Chest
•Incline dumbbell press 4 x 8-12
•Incline dumbbell flye 3 x 8-12
•Flat dumbbell press 3 x 8-12
•Pec deck 7 x 8-12
Shoulders
•Standing arnold press 4 x 8-12
•Dumbbell front raise 3 x 8-12
•Dumbbell lateral raise 3 x 8-12
•Lateral raise machine 7 x 8-12
Day 5
Back
•pull-ups 3 x failure
•Wide-grip pulldowns 3 x 8-12
•Barbell row 3 x 8-12
•Tbar row 3 x 8-12
•DB pullover 7 x 8-15
Calves
•Standing calf raise 4 x 10-12
•Seated calf raise 4 x 15-20
•Leg press calf raise 7 x 10-12

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only supps I am on is PCT Black, Pure Test and a daily dose of ignite. So I was surprised to see this much growth considering at weigh in I was 192 on Friday.

I will start my prep 2 weeks from Sunday with is 17 weeks out. At this time I will convert to the regular pre-contest type dieting. I will start out at about 2800 cals ed and cycle carbs at around 200 150 100 not decided yet will ask Steve's opinion. Adjustments will be made by eye as I know I don't have to go hard to get to where I was before or a tad lower. The big difference I want to make is I think I can get a little fuller, Steve had a plan (we'll call it plan "A") where I would fill out slowly over 2 weeks and this is the key I think. Don't get me wrong we ran and excellent plan "B" but I believe plan "A" would get me more full and tighter.

I also should be a bit bigger and just a bit leaner or so I hope. I want the whole ball of wax, It was a bit frustrating to know I could have won the overall had I just known the rules. I want to have a shot should the situation present itself again.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I will start my prep 2 weeks from Sunday with is 17 weeks out. At this time I will convert to the regular pre-contest type dieting. I will start out at about 2800 cals ed and cycle carbs at around 200 150 100 not decided yet will ask Steve's opinion.
actually - that's a long time to be dieting that low cal/carb, if you want to add some muscle yet
I understand you want to keep condition, and I don't disagree as it may help tighten up skin a bit as well..
but maybe 3250 with 250/200/150 rotation - or, a floating rotation of say 250/200/150/300/150 repeat..
focusing on lean gain for awhile..depends on how complicated you feel such to be..lotta options

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually - that's a long time to be dieting that low cal/carb, if you want to add some muscle yet
I understand you want to keep condition, and I don't disagree as it may help tighten up skin a bit as well..
but maybe 3250 with 250/200/150 rotation - or, a floating rotation of say 250/200/150/300/150 repeat..
focusing on lean gain for awhile..depends on how complicated you feel such to be..lotta options
Ooo yah the second one sounds really cool, maybe with 3000-3200 for 5 weeks. I have thought of gong a bit higher but that will depend on where I am it 2 weeks. I can hold the fort and stay lean and then do a clean 3200 ...sounds good actually.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I like the floating rotation - when I did it, i assigned set meal plans to the individual carb-rotation days, and took all the guess work out, it's like flipping a chart of menus, every day of the week..made it convenient