Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, super impressive at 565, and just as impressive was the balls to jump to 600, even though you had missed a 10 on one side and was at 590, and I’m sure that uneven load was the obvious main reason for the miss. You’re probably all over 590 to 600 with an even load.💪👍

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just love seeing a heavy squat like that so nice and deep. Looking thick!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still trying to wrap my head around this, I don't know if I congratulate you or say sorry about the misload lol. Either way it's a monster squat man. You're still putting up awesome numbers!

I'd be an inch shorter putting 590 on my back I think lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you everyone! Overall, I’m really pleased with it all. Rib also stopped hurting this afternoon, so everything is peachy.

Just love seeing a heavy squat like that so nice and deep. Looking thick!!!
Feeling thick!

It’s not a great look, but when it comes down to it, getting thick is great for the business of lifting bigger weights - and as you can see, business has been very good.

Some crazy weight there. 600lbs is a big number and now mentally next time it is all yours!!!
Yeah I was thinking the day before that since I hit 550 easy on the giant camber bar, I knew my SSB had to be over 500. But I also wasn’t sure which would be harder for me now, and 3 more weeks had passed, which meant there was also real potential to be way over 550 on the SSB - and that was a really crazy thing to wrap my head around. The idea of never having done 450 on this bar, but still taking on 600 potentially.

Still trying to wrap my head around this, I don't know if I congratulate you or say sorry about the misload lol. Either way it's a monster squat man. You're still putting up awesome numbers!

I'd be an inch shorter putting 590 on my back I think lol
It honestly felt really good walked out; definitely couldn’t feel the 10 missing.

Historically there was always a huge gap between what I could do on a straight bar and the SSB for 1RM. I think that gap has closed some over the years as my back, abs, & technical prowess have improved, but if I’m good for even 5% more on a straightbar right now that’s potential for ~595. If it’s 10%, that would be 620

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am stoked for you and really hoping you get to see 600 on the bar for this meet. Just a big notch in the belt there! Either way as long as you stay healthy you are in for some very nice PR's!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am stoked for you and really hoping you get to see 600 on the bar for this meet. Just a big notch in the belt there! Either way as long as you stay healthy you are in for some very nice PR's!
Dog I’m saying I’m good for 600 on a squat bar today; my gym best is 600 & meet PR is 617, so I definitely want to eclipse that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dog I’m saying I’m good for 600 on a squat bar today; my gym best is 600 & meet PR is 617, so I definitely want to eclipse that.
I thought as soon as I posted that, that you had already broken the 600 barrier, but couldn't remember if I was right. That is just so much weight on your back. Just impressive!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8/12/23

Circuit:
Band Pullaparts Monstermini 4x25
Push-ups 3x25
Startrac Machine NG Press 40 3x25

Dynamic Bench
45x10
+2 minibands run under commercial bench
45,95,145x3
185 2x3, 4x5

Incline Bench
45,45,135,185,225,245,255x6
265x5

Startrac Machine NG Press
100 3x15

Helped the wife train her final session on the circus db; she warmed up to 120lbs & everything was perfect. Got some good work in, raising volume slightly over last week. I was able to jam my elbow into a pretty low pressing position on that Startrac machine there, so I really took advantage to get some extra front delt volume in the bottom position I can’t normally achieve.

My lats were painfully sore from the pump they were getting on the bench work 🤷‍♂️

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8/12/23

Circuit:
Push-ups 3x25
Startrac Machine NG Press 40 3x25

Dynamic Bench
45x10
+2 minibands run under commercial bench
45,95,145x3
185 2x3, 4x5

Incline Bench
45,45,135,185,225,245,255x6
265x5

Startrac Machine NG Press
100 3x15

Helped the wife train her final session on the circus db; she warmed up to 120lbs & everything was perfect. Got some good work in, raising volume slightly over last week. I was able to jam my elbow into a pretty low pressing position on that Startrac machine there, so I really took advantage to get some extra front delt volume in the bottom position I can’t normally achieve.

My lats were painfully sore from the pump they were getting on the bench work
What weight is she shooting for in the meet? And when is the meet? My wife and I would like to watch it if it’s televised.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What weight is she shooting for in the meet? And when is the meet? My wife and I would like to watch it if it’s televised.
Next Saturday, Aug 19th at 9am Eastern is when they go for it.

She’ll need to press 140lbs to break the record - she’ll also need to have the biggest press of the day to come home with it though! There are 4 women trying for it then.

I don’t believe there will be a live stream since it’s otherwise a state level strongman show (Ohio’s Strongest), but this is a record breaker exhibition so it’s possible. I’ll post it if there is one.

Otherwise, we’ll still be getting her attempts on video!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

She’ll need to press 140lbs to break the record - she’ll also need to have the biggest press of the day to come home with it though! There are 4 women trying for it then.

I don’t believe there will be a live stream since it’s otherwise a state level strongman show (Ohio’s Strongest), but this is a record breaker exhibition so it’s possible. I’ll post it if there is one.

I showed my wife a YouTube video of women doing the circus dumbbell press and she was like damn that’s awesome! Then I told her your wife was going for the record and she was even more impressed!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

She’s got this….tell her she’s got her on little fan club on the forum, wives too.🏆

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8/15/23

Circuit:
Cable Pressdown 40 4x25
HS CSR 45/side 4x25
Incline DB Bench 40,45,50,55x25

Bench
45 3x5
135,205x3
250,285,315,350x1
375,390x1 yellow ss
405x1 black ss PR
315x6,6,6,5+1 assisted

NG Lat Pulldown
80,120x12
140 3x12

HS Incline Press
45x20
90 2x10

With the weights getting heavier, putting the slingshot on sooner helped save enough energy for better back down work with 315. First time ever benching 405 with any amount of equipment.

I have to make a better effort to gain more weight. I’m at a point where it’s really going to take some effort to move the needle any further.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8/15/23

Circuit:
Cable Pressdown 40 4x25
HS CSR 45/side 4x25

Bench
45 3x5
135,205x3
250,285,315,350x1
375,390x1 yellow ss
405x1 black ss PR
315x6,6,6,5+1 assisted

NG Lat Pulldown
80,120x12
140 3x12

HS Incline Press
45x20
90 2x10

With the weights getting heavier, putting the slingshot on sooner helped save enough energy for better back down work with 315. First time ever benching 405 with any amount of equipment.

I have to make a better effort to gain more weight. I’m at a point where it’s really going to take some effort to move the needle any further.
Are you trying to get over 265 again, or just whatever you can add to get better leverage?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just whatever I can honestly. I know I’m strong enough at this point that taking a PR total will be on the table, but if I want to bench 408 specifically I’m going to need to get a bit bigger.
Any thoughts of bumping in MK toward the end for extra bloat or is the increase in BP not worth it there?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just whatever I can honestly. I know I’m strong enough at this point that taking a PR total will be on the table, but if I want to bench 408 specifically I’m going to need to get a bit bigger.
Where else can you currently add calories? Maybe sugary drinks or butter in your coffee? are you trying to gain extra calories from a particular macro? Congrats on the PR man, that's dope!! I could totally imagine the 4 wheels on the barbell.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any thoughts of bumping in MK toward the end for extra bloat or is the increase in BP not worth it there?
No joke, I got to thinking about that coincidentally today before you posted that.

It’s a surprisingly big BP increase for me just at 15mg, so it will require adding Telmisartan and probably some prolactin control, certainly tons of P5P if not a bit of Caber. Which to me isn’t exactly worth the better recovery. Especially considering the telmisartan will actually eliminate some of that bloat.

BUT I am leaning on bringing in 50mg of Trest Ace next week. If I do that I’ll certainly need to start Ralox or Nolva & probably need telmisartan and prolactin support. And if those things move into place anyway for that, it’s possible I can add some Mk677 as well and get more bang for buck.

150 Deca probably requires everything 50 Trest would for me, but less performance increase, so I think the extra slinpins will probably be worth the effort. I’ll obviously keep you guys posted.

I didn’t want to have to travel with anything tedious for this week’s competition trip, or risk being a grouch when my wife needs my support the most!

Where else can you currently add calories? Maybe sugary drinks or butter in your coffee? are you trying to gain extra calories from a particular macro? Congrats on the PR man, that's dope!! I could totally imagine the 4 wheels on the barbell.
Over 4,500, probably over 5 most days. 4 feedings. Macros aren’t important to me at this level of intake; it’s just a total fuel equation largely. I have been doing a lot of Whole Fairlife, probably 24-32oz daily. But to your point, yes I also believe I need to turn up the liquid calories. The saturated fat in whole milk is actually cardio-protective, and adding in more soda & juice isn’t going to probably be any more cardiotoxic that if I otherwise leaned more on fast food. Which I’m not scared of in this temporary goal context per se, but it can break the bank as a staple & it’s very inconvenient ironically when you eat so much.

I’ve been eating bologna this week instead of my chicken sausages, just something fun I wanted - and there will never be a better time to justify pink slime “meat”.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8/15/23

Circuit:
Cable Pressdown 40 4x25
HS CSR 45/side 4x25

Bench
45 3x5
135,205x3
250,285,315,350x1
375,390x1 yellow ss
405x1 black ss PR
315x6,6,6,5+1 assisted

NG Lat Pulldown
80,120x12
140 3x12

HS Incline Press
45x20
90 2x10

Steadily hitting PRs on bench, that 408 is within sight now.💪

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Which I’m not scared of in this temporary goal context per se, but it can break the bank as a staple & it’s very inconvenient ironically when you eat so much.
oh man for sure. It is ironic but eating that much is expensive and if you try to do it at all clean then it's SUPER expensive. even me eating around half your target intake but generally clean, the cost of breakfast and lunch prep really has skyrocketed with 8oz+ meals of ground turkey and chicken.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No joke, I got to thinking about that coincidentally today before you posted that.

It’s a surprisingly big BP increase for me just at 15mg, so it will require adding Telmisartan and probably some prolactin control, certainly tons of P5P if not a bit of Caber. Which to me isn’t exactly worth the better recovery. Especially considering the telmisartan will actually eliminate some of that bloat.

BUT I am leaning on bringing in 50mg of Trest Ace next week. If I do that I’ll certainly need to start Ralox or Nolva & probably need telmisartan and prolactin support. And if those things move into place anyway for that, it’s possible I can add some Mk677 as well and get more bang for buck.

150 Deca probably requires everything 50 Trest would for me, but less performance increase, so I think the extra slinpins will probably be worth the effort. I’ll obviously keep you guys posted.

I didn’t want to have to travel with anything tedious for this week’s competition trip, or risk being a grouch when my wife needs my support the most!

Over 4,500, probably over 5 most days. 4 feedings. Macros aren’t important to me at this level of intake; it’s just a total fuel equation largely. I have been doing a lot of Whole Fairlife, probably 24-32oz daily. But to your point, yes I also believe I need to turn up the liquid calories. The saturated fat in whole milk is actually cardio-protective, and adding in more soda & juice isn’t going to probably be any more cardiotoxic that if I otherwise leaned more on fast food. Which I’m not scared of in this temporary goal context per se, but it can break the bank as a staple & it’s very inconvenient ironically when you eat so much.

I’ve been eating bologna this week instead of my chicken sausages, just something fun I wanted - and there will never be a better time to justify pink slime “meat”.
I like the idea of adding the Trest in over the Deca. Trest is one of my favorite compounds for putting on muscle, performance, and the way I feel on it, and it doesn’t take a lot to get something out of it. As far as calories you could make the old faithful peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwiches and some good ice cream, if you’re not already. And one of my favorite high calorie meals is to throw a good old fatty roast with some potatoes, carrots, onions and McCormick pot roast seasoning in the crockpot, and cook you up some cornbread, that’s some southern high calorie hospitality there, oh and don’t forget your fried chicken. Man here I go making myself hungry now. I think I just gained 5 lbs writing that.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
oh man for sure. It is ironic but eating that much is expensive and if you try to do it at all clean then it's SUPER expensive. even me eating around half your target intake but generally clean, the cost of breakfast and lunch prep really has skyrocketed with 8oz+ meals of ground turkey and chicken.
Honestly things have gotten so expensive that going out for lunch is ridiculous. Forget a meal at home, that's a $15 minimum, and you will be lucky to get anywhere near your protein needs for that much. However if just trying to add some weight and calories...
I like the idea of adding the Trest in over the Deca. Trest is one of my favorite compounds for putting on muscle, performance, and the way I feel on it, and it doesn’t take a lot to get something out of it. As far as calories you could make the old faithful peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwiches and some good ice cream, if you’re not already. And one of my favorite high calorie meals is to throw a good old fatty roast with some potatoes, carrots, onions and McCormick pot roast seasoning in the crockpot, and cook you up some cornbread, that’s some southern high calorie hospitality there, oh and don’t forget your fried chicken. Man here I go making myself hungry now. I think I just gained 5 lbs writing that.
I was going to say a really easy way to get some calories would be to smoke a brisket or pork shoulder / butt and do a lot of pulled pork or brisket sandwiches. So much fat in there and easy to get down with some good BBQ sauce. Plus you can prep a huge amount at once to make life easy on you regarding prep.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As far as calories you could make the old faithful peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwiches
ahhh yeah man that was my favorite part of attempting a bulk a couple years ago lol. PB and J on that great tasting white bread (none of this Dave's Killer Fill You Up stuff) every morning before I even left the house, before breakfast 😅

Honestly things have gotten so expensive that going out for lunch is ridiculous. Forget a meal at home, that's a $15 minimum, and you will be lucky to get anywhere near your protein needs for that much. However if just trying to add some weight and calories...
protein when eating out is just silly. My wife and I always just request extra chicken even on salads or whatever cause we know the portion size will be ridiculously small on that $25 salad lol

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ahhh yeah man that was my favorite part of attempting a bulk a couple years ago lol. PB and J on that great tasting white bread (none of this Dave's Killer Fill You Up stuff) every morning before I even left the house, before breakfast 😅

protein when eating out is just silly. My wife and I always just request extra chicken even on salads or whatever cause we know the portion size will be ridiculously small on that $25 salad lol
Yeah, I haven’t really done a true bulk in awhile, but back in the day we would hit all the buffets, like Golden Corral and some Chinese buffets, and load up on the calories. I actually think they hated it when a group of us from the gym showed up.😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I enjoy & appreciate all of your input!

Doing a fatty crockpot roast is a great idea for my lifestyle, I need to look into that. I also need to get back on more pasta because that really seems to bulk me up but also feel really fueled up for training - I think I end up with more carbs overall when leaning on bleached pasta.

I have been doing a lot of white bread with the chicken sausages, and bagels since the start, that adds some easy extra calories.

I love doing buffets because it takes care of half the days needs at once, but the Chinese place here is still like $16-17 for lunch with a little tip. Pizza ranch is similar (pizza & fried chicken). I can swing that about once a week, but it’s a bad investment more than that & honestly I really can’t fit it into my work day reliably more than that. Plus I just feel bad after eating that stuff

I do eat 2 McDoubles & 2 McChickens every Wednesday night after squat for the last 6 weeks. It really helps make up cals because I don’t like to squat with a stuffed gut & eat less normally in the daytime on Wednesday.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love doing buffets because it takes care of half the days needs at once, but the Chinese place here is still like $16-17 for lunch with a little tip. Pizza ranch is similar (pizza & fried chicken). I can swing that about once a week, but it’s a bad investment more than that & honestly I really can’t fit it into my work day reliably more than that. Plus I just feel bad after eating that stuf
man I see stuff like this and I'm reminded of what a horrible san francisco jr shithole the seattle area has become. $16-17 is what the guys are paying for a lunch time teriyaki in styrofoam boxes now days. an all you can eat would be double that. I love sticky rice (sushi style), I think it's like 2-3x more calorie dense than my regular jasmine rice but now you're really talking bucks $$ here.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
man I see stuff like this and I'm reminded of what a horrible san francisco jr shithole the seattle area has become. $16-17 is what the guys are paying for a lunch time teriyaki in styrofoam boxes now days. an all you can eat would be double that. I love sticky rice (sushi style), I think it's like 2-3x more calorie dense than my regular jasmine rice but now you're really talking bucks $$ here.
Income is typically substantially higher on the coasts compared to the midwest. Make more, pay more. But that would definitely cost $12-13 here. You always have to pay for animal protein.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Income is typically substantially higher on the coasts compared to the midwest. Make more, pay more.
it is generally, we just insure COL and taxes offset the net change so that everyone goes home with the same zero balance at the end of the day 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is a damn solid looking 258 @Hyde!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nothing like a fried bologna sandwich on white bread, mayo and a slice of cheese. Just make sure the bologna is the thick sliced kind!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! I’m pretty happy with it; my wife & I both believe I’m definitely leaner than last time I was this weight. I’m also using less gear and haven’t had to start bp meds yet - not that you get any awards for that, just that I’m pleased to be in a better position for whatever comes next.

Nothing like a fried bologna sandwich on white bread, mayo and a slice of cheese. Just make sure the bologna is the thick sliced kind!
You know it - I like my bologna like I like my woman!

You're holding that mass really well man, crazy to think didn't you weigh in at 218 last meet? (even if only temporarily).

clothes fitting?
Yep, I got down to 223-224 true weight & weighed in at 218. Clothes are fitting much better this go around, belly definitely smaller. Arms are getting snug in my 2XL shirts and what really shows a lot more size is all of my back thickness & my thighs. Glutes, traps, tris, pecs all filling up nicely too of course, but when I changed my shirt at the gym tonight I just look a LOT thicker viewed from the side now. My back has a valley that runs from top to bottom.

I also tried on swim trunks I wore in May & my thighs and ass are going to absolutely destroy them, but the waistline was still on the loose side.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8/16/23
BW 258.0

Reverse Hyper
180 2x25

Band Shoulder Warmup

ss w/ Beltsquat
110 2x25

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Rogue squatbar
55 5x1
165,275,341x3
+belt & sleeves
407x1
451,495x2
534x3 PR

Beltsquat
220x10
330x8
380x6
420x5

Reverse Hyper
360x15
410 4x12

Didn’t even get to head to the gym til past 8pm due to getting packed to leave early tomorrow for the wife’s show. She’s been waterloading with no carbs or salt like a champ to make weight Friday morning.

Lowbar on the big squatbar felt absolutely terrible on my elbows, shoulders, wrists, but I did the work & executed the plan successfully. Knocked out some solid beltsquat & work on the hypers to round it out. I’m on track for something special!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not that you get any awards for that,
It's all in the delivery. sometimes the smallest little quips from you crack me up way too hard. I'm gonna go wash the coffee off my screen now.

I also tried on swim trunks I wore in May & my thighs and ass are going to absolutely destroy them, but the waistline was still on the loose side.
🤘🤘 THATS killer progress when the waist stays put but everything else explodes!

insane... that's awesome man. How do you normally mitigate the elbow pain on lowbar? That's one that I will likely be dealing with again when I throw squats back in more. is it on that inside (golfers elbow I think is common term) or outside (tennis?)?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
insane... that's awesome man. How do you normally mitigate the elbow pain on lowbar? That's one that I will likely be dealing with again when I throw squats back in more. is it on that inside (golfers elbow I think is common term) or outside (tennis?)?
Well, the main problem is my bone on bone elbow just doesn’t really like to get jammed into that tight of a position. It’s pretty hard to mask any pain because it comes from inside the joint. So it’s really inflamed now. My other arm hurt last night but it’s already better so not sure if it’s inside or outside.

BUT as far as mitigation goes, the answer is the same for everyone: you don’t keep doing it. You put the bar higher, elbows wider, or don’t use a straight bar. And lowbar doesn’t do a good job building the legs particularly - it’s more of the best way to express maximal power by incorporating the back and hips more. So it doesn’t need to be practiced all the time once you’re comfortable enough with it.

Dr Fred Hatfield was always an advocate of just using it the last month or so before a meet. Matt Wenning will wave the straight bar in only every 3rd week. If you want to do it routinely for a while though, you need to move the bar up or grip out if it gives you tendonitis. As far as temporary discomfort in the session, hot creams, sleeves, drugs can help mask the pain if necessary.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wife woke at 149.2lbs this morning. She had 32oz water & some chicken & almonds around 9am.

Currently sitting by the poolside; wife is sweating in the hotel hot tub at the moment. She was 146.2 an hour ago before we started. Hot tub is not nearly as efficient as a hot bath, but it’s much more comfortable sitting upright, so it keeps stress lower.

Weighins are in 11 hours at 9am ET, and she needs to weigh under 141lbs/64kg.

We will definitely need to do some hot epsom salt baths, but not sure if we will sleep for a few hours first and put the true misery off a bit longer. She’s definitely not having fun right now.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dr Fred Hatfield was always an advocate of just using it the last month or so before a meet. Matt Wenning will wave the straight bar in only every 3rd week. If you want to do it routinely for a while though, you need to move the bar up or grip out if it gives you tendonitis.
That makes sense, I had a feeling that's where you were going with that post. I recall back in the day switching to a thumb over top of bar grip that allowed a tight position without elbow pain, and my own elbow didn't flare up again until around april/may of this year IIRC when I switched back to thumb wrapped / full grip on bar to get even tighter and lower. It was also in conjunction with epiandro though so I couldn't tell if it was just the joint drying out or the change in grip. elbow has been feeling good though since incorporating joint xt and focusing more on deads. almost never acts up benching but a supinated grip on rows can irritate it.

We will definitely need to do some hot epsom salt baths, but not sure if we will sleep for a few hours first and put the true misery off a bit longer. She’s definitely not having fun right now.
Dude good luck to your wife this is awesome!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wife was 144.8 after some hot tub. We slept for 6 hours, got up at 4:00am and she was 143.8lbs. Did some hot epsom baths for an hour and made it down to 141.0 flat (64kg). Slept with legs elevated to help induce perceived hypotension.

She woke up at 8am & after bathroom was 140.4, good to go. Weighed in at 9am successfully

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wife was 144.8 after some hot tub. We slept for 6 hours, got up at 4:00am and she was 143.8lbs. Did some hot epsom baths for an hour and made it down to 141.0 flat (64kg). Slept with legs elevated to help induce perceived hypotension.

She woke up at 8am & after bathroom was 140.4, good to go. Weighed in at 9am successfully
Let the carb up begin!!!