Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big thank you to the Performax Labs team here on AM for sending me a full tub to test of their newest thundering preWO, StimMax!

IMG_1700.JPG

As you can see from the profile below, this one is designed to be all killer and no filler - a smack in the face of mental arousal for the trainee who needs to get it done when the day has run long or the night was too short.

IMG_1699.JPG

Here’s the ingredient write up straight off their website:

IMG_1698.JPG

Testing begins tomorrow!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
-FINAL REVIEW-

Stim Max sells for about $35-40/tub, and like any good stim-focused blend you really get quite a lot of servings for your money since they don’t have to waste space or money on pump ingredients. A pretty good value, as one scoop of this hits harder than ANY energy drink on the market for less than $1/serving.

Orange Mango was the flavor I had and I think it was great. Spot on, masked the ingredients pretty well, and didn’t have any bad aftertastes as long as you followed instructions (over-dilution ruins almost anything). Not gonna be for everyone, but there is a Raspberry Lemonade as well. Mixed up easy and a little swirling handles any sediment perfectly.

As for the effects: I am too sensitive to Yohimbe and could not train on this without getting an elevated heart rate that made me sick. Every Y product does this to me, so I took it at work or when gaming with friends. Very good feel, a nice euphoria, not too sweaty, and generally a good ride. Work was more productive and gaming more fun. The effects stayed strong for about 2.5 hours then would fall off rather sharply - you do notice when the magic is over.

All in all, this is a good stim blend with an open label from a reputable company. The inclusion of Y will deter some buyers, but those who tolerate it will probably be glad they gave Stim Max a shot.

2Burnt

Awards
Subbed. Luv the company. I might have to half scoop it in the beginning. But nice ingredient profile.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. Luv the company. I might have to half scoop it in the beginning. But nice ingredient profile.
That’s my initial plan. I’m thinking 2/3 is going to be the money spot with a full scoop being for days I’m dragging.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This one looks great, maybe I need some of this for those days I am really dragging... Looks to be pure stims and stuff. Definite wake me up kind of deal. Looking forward to your first impression Hyde!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did someone say “stimulants”?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Need this rotation. Subbed

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'll get in on this!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome everyone so far! I will do my best to answer any questions & show what StimMax is about.

So there’s some bad news needing confronted:

IMG_1710.JPG

Yohimbe! Ugh. Looks like Performax changed the final formula from what they announced on their website. Rauwolfia & I don’t get along well, which is why I was so excited to log a stim bomb without it (and why I have to avoid HyperMax).

The good news is this increases the value for most, and at 2mg/full scoop, probably the lowest amount I could have to deal with in a product. It’s also great for promotion of lipolysis where it counts. I am holding my bodyweight ~223lbs for a strongman competition this Saturday, and then dropping back into a deficit, so it could yet be useful outside of training as a stimulant fatburner.

I will use it as I can, and get my gf’s opinions as well, and we will see what StimMax is about!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First Impressions...

IMG_1712.JPG

No training today; took 1/2 scoop in 6oz fasted before leaving for work about 80 min ago.

Mixes up without appreciable sediment, and Orange Mango TASTES GOOD! This was spot on, and would be excellent to sip over some ice. Seriously impressed with the flavor here - you can’t go wrong with this one.

Finished getting ready for work and in 15 min I was feeling some energy. I can definitely feel even the 1mg of Rauwolfia, which means there wasn’t a label misprint, but whatever else is in here is giving me a very positive drive and feel good stimulant energy. I feel ready for a road trip on half a scoop!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe gives me cold sweats and mild nausea like no other

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
In! Im a stim guy but i didn’t feel like this hit as hard as the profile suggests. I gave it a few go’s and it’s been on my shelf since. I may need to break it back out and give it another shot...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe gives me cold sweats and mild nausea like no other
I haven’t had any sweats on a half scoop, but I do have the salivation going on right now. It’s mild but I suspect a full scoop will be different.

My main beef with Y is my heart rate elevates and stays up, which isn’t useful for hard training. Stairs at work weren’t a problem though at least so far.

2Burnt

Awards
I haven’t had any sweats on a half scoop, but I do have the salivation going on right now. It’s mild but I suspect a full scoop will be different.

My main beef with Y is my heart rate elevates and stays up, which isn’t useful for hard training. Stairs at work weren’t a problem though at least so far.
I never been a big fan of Y. Definitely does something to heart rate in myself. On it's own standalone it didn't seem to have that effect. But inevitably I mix stims and the Y in conjunction with other ingredients.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am good with Y but theobromine takes me out of commission hard. It is in a lot of things via different names like Y is too. So I occasionally get caught off guard. I have found others who have the same reaction about an hour after dosing it feels like my blood sugar bottoms out and I can barely keep my eyes open. Not sure what it is about it but I hate it when I get caught of guard...

I have also noticed that some people do well with Alpha Yohimbine that can not stomach Y-hcl at all. Me I do well on both so long as I keep the doses correct.

I remember back in the day... I used this old sublingual Y-HCL and put too much under my tongue! Oh man I was sure i was going to die. Even after vomiting my heart was racing, had the cold sweats mixed with hot flashes. Oh it was just awful... I think it was like 5mg per dose and I probably ended up with 7-10mg but sublingual that was way too much!!! I noticed after that I was only supposed to fill to the line at the halfway point of the dropper and i filled it full...

2Burnt

Awards
I am good with Y but theobromine takes me out of commission hard. It is in a lot of things via different names like Y is too. So I occasionally get caught off guard. I have found others who have the same reaction about an hour after dosing it feels like my blood sugar bottoms out and I can barely keep my eyes open. Not sure what it is about it but I hate it when I get caught of guard...

I have also noticed that some people do well with Alpha Yohimbine that can not stomach Y-hcl at all. Me I do well on both so long as I keep the doses correct.

I remember back in the day... I used this old sublingual Y-HCL and put too much under my tongue! Oh man I was sure i was going to die. Even after vomiting my heart was racing, had the cold sweats mixed with hot flashes. Oh it was just awful... I think it was like 5mg per dose and I probably ended up with 7-10mg but sublingual that was way too much!!! I noticed after that I was only supposed to fill to the line at the halfway point of the dropper and i filled it full...
I can relate to that. Sucks once you get on that rollercoaster ride. I've used less and less of supps due to this. Reformulation and prop blends save me money at this point.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In! Im a stim guy but i didn’t feel like this hit as hard as the profile suggests. I gave it a few go’s and it’s been on my shelf since. I may need to break it back out and give it another shot...
you go 1 scoop or 2?

you are right, profile suggests hard hitting!!!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
you go 1 scoop or 2?

you are right, profile suggests hard hitting!!!
It is a 1 scooper for certain. I would never mess with the 2 scoop range!

I noticed it was a fantastic nootropic. I just didn’t get a good caffeine kick from it (which makes no sense to me). I’ve noticed that i don’t really get much out of the teacrine/dynamine though. It seems like all of the pres that are caffeine/teacrine only i don’t feel anything outside of the caffeine. And so far, I’ve only had dynamine in this product, but it also didn’t get me like i hoped. I am a major stim junkie though.

I have lowered my stimulant tolerance dramatically since getting on TRT a month or so ago, so now i need to revisit it. Although i like to do 2 doses of caffeine a day and this takes up most of my normal daily allotment. I’ll have to give it a shot before class or something when i need that extra focus.

Sorry for the hijack! Carry on with letting us know how you like it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is a 1 scooper for certain. I would never mess with the 2 scoop range!

I noticed it was a fantastic nootropic. I just didn’t get a good caffeine kick from it (which makes no sense to me). I’ve noticed that i don’t really get much out of the teacrine/dynamine though. It seems like all of the pres that are caffeine/teacrine only i don’t feel anything outside of the caffeine. And so far, I’ve only had dynamine in this product, but it also didn’t get me like i hoped. I am a major stim junkie though.

I have lowered my stimulant tolerance dramatically since getting on TRT a month or so ago, so now i need to revisit it. Although i like to do 2 doses of caffeine a day and this takes up most of my normal daily allotment. I’ll have to give it a shot before class or something when i need that extra focus.

Sorry for the hijack! Carry on with letting us know how you like it!
It’s all good feedback!

Training this morning was the last time touching weights before a little strongman show Saturday, and everything was very light, explosive, & technical. Took a 3/5 scoop of StimMax in 8oz water - tasted terrific, nice energy off even this amount (and it had been tough to get up!) but the yohimbe couldn’t be denied. My heart rate wasn’t an issue, but it really wouldn’t be with such easy work today. However, body temp and sweating were way higher than normal for what I was doing - this would be totally counterproductive to strength training, and I will definitely not be taking this again before any real training.

I will continue to use StimMax outside of training for energy at work, fatburning as I transition back to a deficit next week, and have my gf test it, who’s favorite pre is a stim bomb with Y.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe?? Welp there goes trying this one out. Had one in my cart. Audios Performix.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe?? Welp there goes trying this one out. Had one in my cart. Audios Performix.
I was really bummed when I got the actual product since I feel like I can’t do the log justice; unfortunately I’m the same way and just can’t tolerate it for training. That’s why I’ve always avoided HyperMax, so I was really excited they did a Pre without it. I do believe FitMaX is Y-free, but that’s not the hard-hitter we’re looking for here.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The one you got doesn’t have the dicaffeine malate like the first ingredient label you posted. Also, dynamine was lowered. I’m pretty disappointed in the switch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The one you got doesn’t have the dicaffeine malate like the first ingredient label you posted. Also, dynamine was lowered. I’m pretty disappointed in the switch.
Yeah I noticed that. I don’t put as much stock in the dicaff, and Dynamine is new to me so I can’t say what would feel best with it, but the addition of Y is a limiter for many. Not most, but I bet 1/5 potential buyers will have to skip it strictly because of that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wait so they changed the formula? When?
Apparently after I signed up to log it lol

I took a 2/5 scoop today before a bbq and it was really nice, couldn’t feel the Y and had a very pleasant energy and mood. Mixed it with way too much water and it, as you’d expect, tasted nasty. Stick to the label suggestions to keep it tasty!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Apparently after I signed up to log it lol

I took a 2/5 scoop today before a bbq and it was really nice, couldn’t feel the Y and had a very pleasant energy and mood. Mixed it with way too much water and it, as you’d expect, tasted nasty. Stick to the label suggestions to keep it tasty!
Huh. Do you have a pic of the new label? I’m curious

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you double check to make sure you weren't sent HyperMax?

HyperMax label
HYPERsuppfacts.jpeg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, scroll up. He took pictures of the tub AND label. They sent the right product, label is different.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guys, scroll up. He took pictures of the tub AND label. They sent the right product, label is different.
Yup, I’m holding it on the first page. They actually did send me HyperMax at first by accident so it took a bit longer to get that shipped back and StimMax sent out. Imagine my surprise when I saw the new label

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting about the formula change. I ordered it shortly after it was released and received the version without the AY and the inclusion of di-caffeine malate. It actually had a really flat feel to me and it didn’t shine as a high stim preworkout at all.

I would imagine that is why they added the AY. That is what really gets most stims going...especially nowadays. Unfortunate that you don’t particularly care for the ingredient. I prefer yohimbine HCL myself..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting about the formula change. I ordered it shortly after it was released and received the version without the AY and the inclusion of di-caffeine malate. It actually had a really flat feel to me and it didn’t shine as a high stim preworkout at all.

I would imagine that is why they added the AY. That is what really gets most stims going...especially nowadays. Unfortunate that you don’t particularly care for the ingredient. I prefer yohimbine HCL myself..
I’m flat allergic to it sadly. If I took even 3mg I’m a right mess, like I have a fever.

This is interesting info, that they actually made a different initial profile - what you’re saying makes a lot of sense though.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m flat allergic to it sadly. If I took even 3mg I’m a right mess, like I have a fever.

This is interesting info, that they actually made a different initial profile - what you’re saying makes a lot of sense though.
I am sensitive to AY if I have not taken it for quite some time. When I reintroduce it, I am not comfortable at all either and experience the cold sweats, anxiety, etc.

More people than not seem to be AY sensitive. From the sounds of it, I would say you are experiencing the common symptoms as opposed to being allergic to it. My body seems to adjust to it within a few weeks though, and then then the stimulating effects outweigh the negatives.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I totally forgot the change in formula. I'm stim sensitive, so I've never received a tub. The change was few months back, and I now remember us discussing it as a team.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am sensitive to AY if I have not taken it for quite some time. When I reintroduce it, I am not comfortable at all either and experience the cold sweats, anxiety, etc.

More people than not seem to be AY sensitive. From the sounds of it, I would say you are experiencing the common symptoms as opposed to being allergic to it. My body seems to adjust to it within a few weeks though, and then then the stimulating effects outweigh the negatives.
Right, not throat-swelling allergic, as in I have terrible sides from it. I will try to dose it daily in moderate amounts like you’re saying and see if I can’t establish some tolerance - I enjoy the product otherwise at the half doses I’ve tried.

Got a half scoop already mixed for the second half of the work day! Added a nip of lite salt to see how that affects the flavor.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I can’t find this formula change anywhere. Maybe I’m blind and just missing it, but i love AY and i wasn’t a fan of stimmax really so I’m really curious on this one.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been taking a half scoop per day in the afternoon at work this week and honestly it has really sped the end of the day up. I am definitely more productive, and don’t mind doing the work - I feel ready on this stuff.

I slept in instead of training yesterday so I had to lift after work. Sipped my half scoop between 4:45-6 while I finished up work and didn’t train til 7:15. I was awake and ready and didn’t notice the Y this way, but I did still sweat a ton and cut the session short because I just ran out of gas - looking back, my heart rate was not coming down between sets like it should and this gassed me.

I need to really keep this away from training - even if I can’t feel it, the Y is going to affect my heart rate and sweating too much. But it’s been nice at work, especially as I’ve started cutting. The taste and mood are great on Stim Max!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes and Y is really nice during fasting as well... so during the day while fasting is a great time to have it if you can't use it around training.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes and Y is really nice during fasting as well... so during the day while fasting is a great time to have it if you can't use it around training.
Exactly. At half a scoop this is a mean energy drink - definitely stronger and better than a Bang, for example. There’s a lot more going on - I’ll really be using it as a fat burner.

I do prefer the taste with a dash of salt, which was already very good btw.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Exactly, within our initial testing it was hitting pretty hard for our testers however the general population did not get the same effect and it was rather smooth, likely due to the inclusion of some nootropics like kanna. So we removed the DiCaffeine Malate and replaced it with normal caffeine, bumping Caffeine Anhydrous to 425mg and added in the Alpha-Yohimbine. With the name StimMax, the goal was to provide some crazy strong energy so we made these adjustments to accomplish that. We are fully aware this formula is not for everyone but we do appreciate the OP doing his best to test it out!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, within our initial testing it was hitting pretty hard for our testers however the general population did not get the same effect and it was rather smooth, likely due to the inclusion of some nootropics like kanna. So we removed the DiCaffeine Malate and replaced it with normal caffeine, bumping Caffeine Anhydrous to 425mg and added in the Alpha-Yohimbine. With the name StimMax, the goal was to provide some crazy strong energy so we made these adjustments to accomplish that. We are fully aware this formula is not for everyone but we do appreciate the OP doing his best to test it out!
ok, this is what i'm talkin about!!!

you guys got those samples ready yet?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ok, this is what i'm talkin about!!!

you guys got those samples ready yet?
To speak generally, a bigger dose of Caffeine vs the Dicaffeine Malate is the way to go for a harder hit. The other stims in here last long enough to help provide an energy taper - that was a good formulation move for this product, IMHO.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To speak generally, a bigger dose of Caffeine vs the Dicaffeine Malate is the way to go for a harder hit. The other stims in here last long enough to help provide an energy taper - that was a good formulation move for this product, IMHO.
sounds good!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took yesterday off from Stim Max. Gf was using Stim Max again the other morning. I know she absolutely hates the flavor, but she says she hates all Mango supps she’s tried so no surprises there. I will get her thoughts and see how she thinks it stacks up compared to her usual stim bomb that contains Y.