Reverse Hypers on GHR
Farmer’s Suitcase Carry
KB One-leg Deadlift

Snatchgrip Deadlift
135x5
225,335x3
+belt & straps
385x6,8,10

Saturday the wife & I drove up to Chicago for America’s Strongest Middleweight Man & Woman. They were holding the IFBB Wings of Strength Chicago Pro directly across from us in the venue, so I got to watch the open men’s finals as well.

Wife judged and I loaded/helped for the show. From about 9am to 5pm I was loaded plates, tightening clamps, moving equipment off and on the field, re-setting implements, dragging stallmats, loading stones & hummer tires into the trailer. When you are done with something like that, it feels like you competed yourself! I can only imagine my total tonnage for the day.

We stayed at her coach’s house Saturday night, & Sunday we all went to train at a local garage gym because they have a circus dumbbell more like what my wife will be competing on in 4 weeks. With all of the back, core & leg work I got from Saturday, I just needed to knock out my snatchgrip pulls to round out the week.

There were some really monster lifts. 180lb women got up to 300/hand at the end of max Farmer’s Walk, & the 231lb men 430!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For anyone wanting to see some of the lifting, or myself gracefully moving implements around, here’s the recorded livestream. You don’t get to hear the music, crowd, or emcee because of the commentator audio, but the video quality is really sharp:

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s awesome man….it’s amazing some of the lifts you see in competitions these days, men and women.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For anyone wanting to see some of the lifting, or myself gracefully moving implements around, here’s the recorded livestream. You don’t get to hear the music, crowd, or emcee because of the commentator audio, but the video quality is really sharp:

oh man that looks so fun and well put together

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
oh man that looks so fun and well put together
They do a good job with the Pro shows; everyone competing is elite enough to know the drill, where to be when, etc. Then with the small headcount compared to Amateur shows like Nationals or the Arnold, they can spend a lot more time accommodating athletes. I can ask the athletes how far they want their farmers handles apart or if they want their stones a certain way - everyone wants to see big lifts go down successfully & we don’t need to rush.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
everyone wants to see big lifts go down successfully & we don’t need to rush.
That's a really great point, regardless of who wins you want to see an impressive feat of strength here and if it's not setup well for some solid reps then yeah, it's not going to be as entertaining for anyone (and just frustrating for the athletes).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Awesome !!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is pretty cool you both are so involve in the sports helping/ judging. Sound like a fun time, though long and tiring.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is pretty cool you both are so involve in the sports helping/ judging. Sound like a fun time, though long and tiring.
I think it is Great they both have the same passion. Hyde does not post a lot of picture of his wife, but I have seen a few video's from her competitions, her lifts are just as impressive as his. But she is much better looking !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think it is Great they both have the same passion. Hyde does not post a lot of picture of his wife, but I have seen a few video's from her competitions, her lifts are just as impressive as his. But she is much better looking !!
You can’t tell in the judge’s polo she had to wear, but she’s pretty jacked right now! Abs are coming through & lots of definition in her back at 150lbs & 5’4”.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can’t tell in the judge’s polo she had to wear, but she’s pretty jacked right now! Abs are coming through & lots of definition in her back at 150lbs & 5’4”.
for some reason I had it in my head that you had said she was weighing in at 165 and from that live stream I was like... yeah right lol. or she just carries it well 😅💪

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/25/23

Circuit:
Band Pullaparts Monstermini 4x25
Band Pressdown Monstermini 3x25
CS DB Row 30,35,40x25
Incline DB Bench 30,35,40x25

Bench
45x5
95,135,185,225x3
255,285,315,345,365x1
315x5,6,5,5

ss w/ Lat Pulldowns
140 4x15

Closegrip Floorpress
225x12
245,255x8

Nobody at the gym this morning - 365 is heaviest solo unrack I’ve ever performed by a wide margin, but I got it done & blasted that mother. I did not try to push my luck further with any slingshot work!

IMG_8397.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty awesome when you feel comfortable enough to unrack and do 365 with no spotter. Nice work, big numbers on the way this meet!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, I haven’t gained any weight this week, still waking up at 252, but I think the contest this weekend is partially to blame - it was a lot of work & my muscles burn a lot of fuel at this point.

To give you an idea of one of my staple meals:
-2.5cups/150g Raisin Bran
-1.5c/360ml Whole Fairlife
-2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread
-2 slices Thomas raisin bread
-2tbsp natural peanut butter
-2tbsp whipped cream cheese
-2tbsp jelly
-6 chicken & pork breakfast sausages (no nitrates
-100ml chicken bone broth
-1 mandarin/cutie

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I haven’t gained any weight this week, still waking up at 252, but I think the contest this weekend is partially to blame - it was a lot of work & my muscles burn a lot of fuel at this point.

To give you an idea of one of my staple meals:
-2.5cups/150g Raisin Bran
-1.5c/360ml Whole Fairlife
-2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread
-2 slices Thomas raisin bread
-2tbsp natural peanut butter
-2tbsp whipped cream cheese
-2tbsp jelly
-6 chicken & pork breakfast sausages (no nitrates
-100ml chicken bone broth
-1 mandarin/cutie
I would love to eat all that and not gain weight !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s what they all say
Right, it's great the first day... Actually that looks like misery to me. I can see doing it once with the munchies, but daily... I would wanna put down the spoon pretty quickly, and that food sounds great. Also sounds like half the food for my whole day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right, it's great the first day... Actually that looks like misery to me. I can see doing it once with the munchies, but daily... I would wanna put down the spoon pretty quickly, and that food sounds great. Also sounds like half the food for my whole day!
Right now, because those foods are all so enjoyable to me, I would say doing it daily is easier than fasting. But only just - and it’s certainly much more time & effort than just sipping my coffee and being able to relax instead of the way it cuts into my morning work flow. Honestly, that meal gives me jaw pain/pumps by the end every time from the chewing volume.

Just wrapped up my weekly Wednesday night post-squat McDonald’s. Because I get home so late exhausted with no appetite, I have been hitting the drive thru for 2 McDoubles, 2 McChickens, & this week I added a large Sprite for 2,000 calories to digest overnight. I feel it really helps the recovery vs just doing like a shake or something smaller.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/26/23
BW 252.4

5 min walk

Circuit, 3 rounds:
GHR BW 2x20
Back-supported Hanging Leg Raise 2x15
Goblet Squats BW 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Squat
45,155,265,365x2
+belt & comp sleeves
420,465x2
495x5 PR

Frontsquat, beltless
135,205x3
265 3x8

GHR ss w/ GHR Sit-ups
+10/35 2x12 each

Good Girls
30,60,90x10
120,130x12

Widegrip Machine Cable CSR
150x12
200x8
240x6
150x15

495 was so easy that when I got my intended 5 reps I just stopped out of fear of injuring myself with how strong I seem to be getting recently. Definitely never repped 5 plates like that, and am certain I had 2 more in the tank - between that & how smoothly I smashed 550 on the giant cambered bar last week, I believe I’m good for about 600 right now.

I’ve never been this strong this far out. I’m not taking any orals, I’m only just transitioning to 700mg total gear this week, my bodyweight is still at a 242 lifter’s size…

IMG_8406.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/26/23
BW 252.4

5 min walk

Circuit, 3 rounds:
GHR BW 2x20
Back-supported Hanging Leg Raise 2x15
Goblet Squats BW 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Squat
45,155,265,365x2
+belt & comp sleeves
420,465x2
495x5 PR

Frontsquat, beltless
135,205x3
265 3x8

GHR ss w/ GHR Sit-ups
+10/35 2x12 each

Good Girls
30,60,90x10
120,130x12

Widegrip Machine Cable CSR
150x12
200x8
240x6
150x15

495 was so easy that when I got my intended 5 reps I just stopped out of fear of injuring myself with how strong I seem to be getting recently. Definitely never repped 5 plates like that, and am certain I had 2 more in the tank - between that & how smoothly I smashed 550 on the giant cambered bar last week, I believe I’m good for about 600 right now.

I’ve never been this strong this far out. I’m not taking any orals, I’m only just transitioning to 700mg total gear this week, my bodyweight is still at a 242 lifter’s size…

View attachment 234664
Man, 495 squat for an easy 5 reps, looks like you may hit all time best on all your lifts at this competition.💪
Love the Ricky Bobby reference….just remember to “shake & bake”. 😂

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am so happy for your, glad to see the trading going so well

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am so excited for you @Hyde! Nothing like things really coming together, and you still have plenty of time for more improvements. Gonna be some nice numbers this time around. I can feel it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/28/23

Circuit:
Band Pullaparts Monstermini 3x25
Push-ups 3x25
Standing Cable Low Widegrip Row 80 3x25

Swissbar Widegrip Bench
35,85,125x10
175,195,215,235,255,265,245,225x10
205x20

Simple & effective. Felt very swoll after this one! Used Mike Arnold’s new Pro-Synthesis Build pre-training: taste is acceptable as long as you just pound it. Don’t plan on sipping it during training because the amino content is way to strong to cover like that, but if you just drink it straight the taste is no issue.

Barbell club owner got a new Rogue squat bar and multi-grip camber press bar that you can adjust handle type & spacing however you want. Pretty sweet gear! He was unboxing it while I did this on the EliteFTS swissbar, but I’ll probably try that one next week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7/28/23

Circuit:
Push-ups 3x25

Swissbar Widegrip Bench
35,85,125x10
205x20

Simple & effective. Felt very swoll after this one! Used Mike Arnold’s new Pro-Synthesis Build pre-training: taste is acceptable as long as you just pound it. Don’t plan on sipping it during training because the amino content is way to strong to cover like that, but if you just drink it straight the taste is no issue.

Barbell club owner got a new Rogue squat bar and multi-grip camber press bar that you can adjust handle type & spacing however you want. Pretty sweet gear! He was unboxing it while I did this on the EliteFTS swissbar, but I’ll probably try that one next week.

New Equipment is always exciting !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/28/23

Circuit:
Push-ups 3x25

Swissbar Widegrip Bench
35,85,125x10
205x20

I wish our gym would pick up some new toys.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
254.0lbs this morning after a movement, so managed to put some weight on again this week after a couple weeks around 252. Really making an effort to get the extra calories in here or there.

For example, this morning at 8:30 when I was making my son his breakfast, I wasn’t hungry yet - so I blended an ~1,100 calorie shake before I had my coffee to get a start on the day.

It all adds up!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
254.0lbs this morning after a movement, so managed to put some weight on again this week after a couple weeks around 252. Really making an effort to get the extra calories in here or there.

For example, this morning at 8:30 when I was making my son his breakfast, I wasn’t hungry yet - so I blended an ~1,100 calorie shake before I had my coffee to get a start on the day.

It all adds up!
I bet everything is filling back in really good after your long cut though. An aggressive bulk is just as hard as an aggressive cut, but can put on so much new size when done properly and in succession.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The amount of Food / Calories you consume amazes me! You should look a blob, but you carrier the weight very well. I quess you are just a Fine Tuned Machine !! Keep up the Great Work !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/30/23

Unload 146lb Circus DB for 10 minutes

GHR
2x12

KB Sidebends
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Transformer ‘Hi’ Bar 13” Boxsquat
55,145,235,285x3
325 4x3

Deadlift, stiffbar
154x5
242,332x1
382x1
+belt
422 4x6 (2 sets mixed, 2 straps)

CSR
90/side x15

Drove 3 hours up to Chicagoland to train in a guy’s garage that offered to let my wife use his circus db that is a proper replica of the model she’ll be competing on in 3 weeks. He started putting together the gym during the lockdown so it was really loaded for a garage gym, including a serious window AC unit. Did not feel great for this session, but by the last set deadlift felt really on. Happy I was able to finish strong. I did run out of time to get my rows in.

Wife got some good cdb work as well as some Trapbar blockpulls, and a friend of hers came out to join us as well - it was a fun time! And this guy even let us borrow his $700 db, purely out of kindness.

IMG_6481.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/30/23

Unload 146lb Circus DB for 10 minutes

GHR
2x12

KB Sidebends
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Transformer ‘Hi’ Bar 13” Boxsquat
55,145,235,285x3
325 4x3

Deadlift, stiffbar
154x5
242,332x1
382x1
+belt
422 4x6 (2 sets mixed, 2 straps)

CSR
90/side x15

Drove 3 hours up to Chicagoland to train in a guy’s garage that offered to let my wife use his circus db that is a proper replica of the model she’ll be competing on in 3 weeks. He started putting together the gym during the lockdown so it was really loaded for a garage gym, including a serious window AC unit. Did not feel great for this session, but by the last set deadlift felt really on. Happy I was able to finish strong. I did run out of time to get my rows in.

Wife got some good cdb work as well as some Trapbar blockpulls, and a friend of hers came out to join us as well - it was a fun time! And this guy even let us borrow his $700 db, purely out of kindness.

View attachment 234811
That’s really cool that guy allowed y’all to use his gym, and man he has a nice setup. I know your wife is getting close to her competition, hopefully everything is going well for her, and she can get that record.💪

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great looking place to train !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What an awesome home gym. Crazy to think there is a $700 dumbbell out there. Hopefully everything is on track for her to break the record!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What an awesome home gym. Crazy to think there is a $700 dumbbell out there. Hopefully everything is on track for her to break the record!
It was loaded; the biggest challenge was getting stuff out and back because he has absolutely all of the space utilized nearly. You can’t see it but there’s another wall covered in more specialty bars. The reverse hyper is a fold up Scout unit. The Atlas stones are under the 4 (FOUR) tier db rack, which can be rolledaround to the loading wall outside on the garage side if you open the door. The drop pads are stacked vertically up the wall behind the stair mill the picture is taken from. The yoke and farmers are stored behind the cable tower, kbs and CSR near the door to be used in the driveway. The dbs up to 150 are stacked behind the GHR.

Yeah this is a Steve Slater DB; Rogue now makes their Monster Bell commercially that is a replica dimensionally of this classic. And they don’t give them away; they are basically selling to WSM hopefuls/competitors since that’s what has been used in recent years.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was loaded; the biggest challenge was getting stuff out and back because he has absolutely all of the space utilized nearly. You can’t see it but there’s another wall covered in more specialty bars. The reverse hyper is a fold up Scout unit. The Atlas stones are under the 4 (FOUR) tier db rack, which can be rolledaround to the loading wall outside on the garage side if you open the door. The drop pads are stacked vertically up the wall behind the stair mill the picture is taken from. The yoke and farmers are stored behind the cable tower, kbs and CSR near the door to be used in the driveway. The dbs up to 150 are stacked behind the GHR.

Yeah this is a Steve Slater DB; Rogue now makes their Monster Bell commercially that is a replica dimensionally of this classic. And they don’t give them away; they are basically selling to WSM hopefuls/competitors since that’s what has been used in recent years.
That’s just impressive.👍

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I can't even imagine the money tied up in that gym. Jealous!