Friendly Over Head DB Triceps Ext. Challenge...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow I see what 110 has in store for me!

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
lol don't get me wrong big P... I was going to use the bronze to incapacitate both TG and EX... get them looking at the shinny pretty thing while I put them in the forced arm hucklebuck!!! lol
Oh, HELLZ NO!!! There will be NONE of that!!! LOL!!! Damn! Old-school tricks never die!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Beast mode Resolve just beast mode!

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
Dam my gym for only having up to 110lb DBs!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the EZ bar will have to suffice then. :smirk:
That's what I use! My gym's DBs only go up to 125!!! Gotta use what you have to get what you want! :AR15firing:

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure I saw two 135's at my gym. Talk about lucky :D

Then again, I can't do 135 yet so I guess I'm not THAT lucky :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No but they are there waiting for you to just come and pick em up. I think the onesover at my old gym go to 140 maybe 150 but I won't need those for at least a few more WEEKS. LOL

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Screw you guys:irked:

Seriously though, some damned impressive numbers...like Mr. O sized numbers :AR15firing:

I'll be lucky to get 100 x10 before I leave (for vacation)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Screw you guys:irked:

Seriously though, some damned impressive numbers...like Mr. O sized numbers :AR15firing:

I'll be lucky to get 100 x10 before I leave (for vacation)
At your weight, 100x10 is a good goal man. This isn't a competition, it's a challenge to each of us to push ourselves further.

Just pay attention to form and that weight'll go up!:196:

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
110x12, 110x7 yesterday

not my best work but I concentrated on shoulders and by the time I finished my arnolds my shoulders couldnt weather the overhead db press

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
At your weight, 100x10 is a good goal man. This isn't a competition, it's a challenge to each of us to push ourselves further.

Just pay attention to form and that weight'll go up!:196:
Excellent point. Hell, I should thank you guys. My bench is going up...I guess you need to punish your tris and shoulders in order to effectively increase your BP poundages.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
130x12 yesterday... ouch.
I'm gettin' there. :)

Mine only has 125s; I just use a bar and a narrow false grip.
Looks like the EZ bar will have to suffice then. :smirk:
Bravo Resolve!! :clap2:
You are one strong mortal, my friend. :notworthy:

And speaking of EZ Bar work.......this morning I did Skull-Crushers with 185 for 13 reps!!! Then I did a "back-off" set of 115 for 20 reps. Whew.....I love going all-out!! :firedevil:
This was after some brutal chest work too. I won't even mention the Incline Machine Presses numbers. I'd have to raise my own bs flag before someone else beats me to it!! :bs2: :silly:
After the machine work I did some high Incline DB Presses where I worked up to 125's for 12 reps. So I was well warmed up before hitting up the triceps.
Plus......I wrapped my elbows. Hope that ain't cheatin'. LMAO

I think I will load up that triceps blaster bar (H Bar) next round. Can't wait to really pile on the plates on that suckah!! :twisted:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bravo Resolve!! :clap2:
You are one strong mortal, my friend. :notworthy:

And speaking of EZ Bar work.......this morning I did Skull-Crushers with 185 for 13 reps!!! Then I did a "back-off" set of 115 for 20 reps. Whew.....I love going all-out!! :firedevil:
This was after some brutal chest work too. I won't even mention the Incline Machine Presses numbers. I'd have to raise my own bs flag before someone else beats me to it!! :bs2: :silly:
After the machine work I did some high Incline DB Presses where I worked up to 125's for 12 reps. So I was well warmed up before hitting up the triceps.
Plus......I wrapped my elbows. Hope that ain't cheatin'. LMAO

I think I will load up that triceps blaster bar (H Bar) next round. Can't wait to really pile on the plates on that suckah!! :twisted:
Thunder you truly are a god amongst men my friend. Flat out awesome number man, you best me by 100 pounds you crazy mofo!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesomeness! I am going to have to use an EZ Curl bar tonight if I want to add in a number here. Does anyone know how much an EZ Curl bar typically weighs? Is it 15 or 25 lbs, I always forget it.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesomeness! I am going to have to use an EZ Curl bar tonight if I want to add in a number here. Does anyone know how much an EZ Curl bar typically weighs? Is it 15 or 25 lbs, I always forget it.
I was always thinking they are 25... at least the ones I use are way too heavy to be 15.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was always thinking they are 25... at least the ones I use are way too heavy to be 15.
Since I will be in the garage tonight I am going to be doing compound lifts as well so we shall see how taxed they are, I will see how 2 25s on each side of the bar feels and go for some reps with that. That puts it at 115-125, not sure if I can still do that much but we are gonna see tonight.

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
havent gone double yet but did single arm DB tri ext at 70's for 12 reps thins morning. May load up the monster DB handle w/150 or 160 next week and tri to hit in the 12 range. Will prob vid it.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
All right we got some new blood in the thread!!! Welcome brothers of Iron!!!
TG you are simply a beast!!! 185 on EZ for that many reps!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! lol I think my PR is around 135 on those, but never went higher because the DB overhead was always my baby. Do I hear another contest this fall????

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I must admit I wussed out on this tonight. I had to stop my last set of squats due to light headedness. I am not used to being in the 90 degree garage. I put the weight up got a lil dizzy put my hands on my knees and realized I was standing in the middle of two good size puddles of sweat and was steadily dripping everywhere. WHEW! What a rush! But that was the end, next was going to be triceps and I had NOTHING left.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
havent gone double yet but did single arm DB tri ext at 70's for 12 reps thins morning. May load up the monster DB handle w/150 or 160 next week and tri to hit in the 12 range. Will prob vid it.
This will be scary here guys...his numbers are freak!! Squats 550x5/365x20 and Dips BW+180x10:196:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
25 lbs. is the common weight of an Olympic EZ Bar.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I must admit I wussed out on this tonight. I had to stop my last set of squats due to light headedness. I am not used to being in the 90 degree garage. I put the weight up got a lil dizzy put my hands on my knees and realized I was standing in the middle of two good size puddles of sweat and was steadily dripping everywhere. WHEW! What a rush! But that was the end, next was going to be triceps and I had NOTHING left.
That heat will seriously wear you down :(

Today is chest/tris again, so let's see if I can hit 100 for 8 or 10 :D

And some frikkin crazay numbers still coming in O_O

EDIT: Woooohoooo, got my 100 :) I went earlier than usual today and there were only chicks and old people there :/ Totally different crew than usual. Finally some people that I recognized started coming in so I asked a beast of a man to spot for me. Couldn't get it up on my own so had to do the sit-on-top-of-bench-and-lift-off method. Got me 6 of all me, and did 7 but I don't know if he helped much/at all on that one. I was too happy to ask him if he had to help on the last one.
I did less chest than usual, and really don't feel it(but got some great lifts). Didn't even get to do my dips because my tris were totally shot after those 100s (I finished with pull-down burnout and did 50-40-30-20-10...I barely was able to finish the 10x10 O_O, a great tri day).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
25 lbs. is the common weight of an Olympic EZ Bar.
Cool that is what I thought. Man totally random thought, but I had about 30 brown recluse spiders all over my weights when i went in there to lift the other day. I hadn't lifted in there in so long one laid eggs under one of the stacks of weights and they were everywhere in all the nooks and bends of the weights just waiting to bite my happy ass. I killed a lot of them via squash method. :) HULK SMASH! Then at the end I sprayed all of my weights and garage area with insecticide. Fun, I get to go out there and clean it all up this weekend. At least the spiders will be dead.... I was paranoid that I may have missed one of them and it was gonna crawl across the bar and bite me. Those bastards are NO JOKE! Wife had to get 2 spots cut out of her back side because she got bit back there.
That heat will seriously wear you down :(

Today is chest/tris again, so let's see if I can hit 100 for 8 or 10 :D

And some frikkin crazay numbers still coming in O_O

EDIT: Woooohoooo, got my 100 :) I went earlier than usual today and there were only chicks and old people there :/ Totally different crew than usual. Finally some people that I recognized started coming in so I asked a beast of a man to spot for me. Couldn't get it up on my own so had to do the sit-on-top-of-bench-and-lift-off method. Got me 6 of all me, and did 7 but I don't know if he helped much/at all on that one. I was too happy to ask him if he had to help on the last one.
I did less chest than usual, and really don't feel it(but got some great lifts). Didn't even get to do my dips because my tris were totally shot after those 100s (I finished with pull-down burnout and did 50-40-30-20-10...I barely was able to finish the 10x10 O_O, a great tri day).
Nice work man! Yeah that heat is a killer but I will get myself used to it again. Time to Recondition the old Sherman tank into a New style Bat Mobile!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Brown recluses are no joke...****ers will melt your skin so fast. I had a guy in arty school who got bit, his shoulder pretty much caved in. We sent him home (medical discharge) with a Battery T shirt lol o_O

Edit: also, lucky bastard imo...after 30 days in the army if you get med discharged you get full benefits for life

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well depends on how bad the shoulder is man. Recluse bites when left unattended for a little bit can eat basically all the way through you. I know a guy who's back is has a hole in it so deep you could lay my whole hand out straight in the hole it was like an inch and a half deep too. Freaky crap! Like I said I sprayed the hell out of it out there and am going in to clean up the dead bugs. The stuff I have works pretty good and for like 6 months.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap...that's a lot of hardcore recluses O_O

You better be careful man, I am willing to bet there are a few of those mofos benching in there while you're gone. You're gonna get back in there and see one unracking his weights :p

I would still bug-bomb your garage if you have the time to wait and not go in there, just to be safe. Would suck to be bit by one, let alone be doing something like benching and have one bite you mid-rep :/

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
only read a couple posts but i have done

140 x 5 with barbell extentions behind the head full ROM.... i always been sweet at these prolly havent touched 8-9 months.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
whenever i see your name i think of skidmarks. :dunno:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Brown recluses are no joke...****ers will melt your skin so fast. I had a guy in arty school who got bit, his shoulder pretty much caved in. We sent him home (medical discharge) with a Battery T shirt lol o_O

Edit: also, lucky bastard imo...after 30 days in the army if you get med discharged you get full benefits for life
VA benefits...which is basically crap.

BringThePain

BringThePain

Awards
True Story there is a guy here in Tennessee, he is known around my city, named Nathan that competed and got 3nd place I dont know what organization, in a show.

he was showing out doing 140 lbs pound dumbbell presses , behind the head, and tore put triceps strait off the bone, and both arms were in casts strait out in from of him for a year.
Holy $hit small world. Ive worked out with nathan a few times back in the day when he would come through Jackson. Hes crazy his elbows are the size of most guys knees lol.

How is this contest working anyways. My normal sets on seated DB Ext are 120X25,120X20,120X15. My gym only goes to 120s since some broke both of the damn 130s:rasp:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
sick numbers man...
the contest goes like this. Seated, if able, overhead two hands DB extensions. Good form is a must. If there aren't DB's heavy enough in your gym, the a hammer or close grip on EZ bar is fine. Goal is as heavy as possible with as many sets as possible

BringThePain

BringThePain

Awards
sick numbers man...
the contest goes like this. Seated, if able, overhead two hands DB extensions. Good form is a must. If there aren't DB's heavy enough in your gym, the a hammer or close grip on EZ bar is fine. Goal is as heavy as possible with as many sets as possible
Ahhh gotcha, this week has been my scheduled week off for recovery. I may load up the EZ bar and see what i can do Friday then.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I thought you had to have like 3 years service to receive it

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Note: If you're discharged early, your ADMGIB benefit rates will be reduced accordingly. If you’re separated for one of these reasons, you'll receive one month of entitlement for each month of active duty (up to 36 months) after June 30, 1985. For example, if you're discharged after 19 months for hardship, and you meet the other eligibility requirements, you'll receive 19 months of ADMGIB benefits.
Looks like they only get benefits for however long they were in, before the 30 months.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
That's for the old one, the post 9/11 is 100% of benfits o_O

It's kind of cool, at 100% you get the max state tuition (with is $380/credit in WA) + E5 w/dep BAH, +book money (like $50 per credit)

In Central WA it comes out to about 15K per term, +1100 a month for BAH. Never been a better time to join the artillery and get your hand cut off by the breach!

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Damn, my gym's DBs only go up to 130's, so I usually have to to 1 arm ones. Maybe I'll have to see if I can pull off 25 or 30 with those 130's ;)

How about the next contest you guys do, how does some weighted dips sound? :D

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Damn, my gym's DBs only go up to 130's, so I usually have to to 1 arm ones. Maybe I'll have to see if I can pull off 25 or 30 with those 130's ;)

How about the next contest you guys do, how does some weighted dips sound? :D
Oh you are on! I can actually hang/excel at weighted dips!

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
you guys are animals. I def feel pushed to up my tricep game.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Lol... one contest at a time!!! You beasts!!!! We Are thinking skull crushers or total weight including BW dips... I think we should have a pole lol

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
DB rows would be a good contest, same for BW + weighted dips. Question on something for DB rows though. I was on elitefts and found Kroc Rows (http://train.elitefts.com/exercise-index/dumbell/kroc-row/). I've started doing these instead of normal DB rows. Any impressions on the Kroc rows? I asked someone at the gym and he said he didn't know and he just "stuck to the basics" :p Would like to know if I'm just wasting my time or if they're as good as normal DB rows. I like doing them much more, but if I'm wasting time I'll go back to normal DB rows.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Weighing in at 275-280.....I usually add on another 130-160lbs depending on how I feel that day ;)
I haven't went that high, should see what my max is.

BW+45 10sets of 10 next week