Douchebags at the gym...

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when i hit the gym, i put my head phones in, pull my hat down low, and look as pissed off as possible. usually does the trick in keeping the chatter boxes away..though, to the guys really getting after it, i have no problem helping out..
Negged for being 70 pounds heavier than me.

:lol:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
what i hate

curls in the squat
the leg press
young kids trying to match your weight
same guys doing chest or arms EVERYTIME i see them in the gym
curls in the squat rack
gym music
peanut gallery(treadmills near squat rack)
all other humans.........lol

pretty much hate everyone except a few hotties that actually bust there ass......Im talking these hardcore chicks are doing squats and deads.

I love it when the chicks get in the squat rack and do work. Real work, not cardio.

end rant

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
same guys doing chest or arms EVERYTIME i see them in the gym
i asked this one kid last week, "hey just wondering what kind of routine your doing?" "what do you mean?" he asks. "well every time i see you you're doing preacher curls" i said "i'm trying to get big" he replies. i put my ipod back on and ear buds in my ear and say...."let me know how that works out for you".....the look he gave me was one of being pissed off, confused and i could swear i say him tear up

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
i asked this one kid last week, "hey just wondering what kind of routine your doing?" "what do you mean?" he asks. "well every time i see you you're doing preacher curls" i said "i'm trying to get big" he replies. i put my ipod back on and ear buds in my ear and say...."let me know how that works out for you".....the look he gave me was one of being pissed off, confused and i could swear i say him tear up
Theres a guy @ my gym that does the same but with abs. Like 4-5 days a week,...nothin but abs. The only other exercise i see him do is some gay rowing movemnt where he does a pullup, lifts his legs up to his head, makes his body parallel to the floor and does these 6 inch, rowing movements from a fetal looking position. It is perhaps the weirdest thing ive ever seen in a gym.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i thoroughly enjoy the oxygen tank guy at my gym. he walks over to a machine, sets his O2 tank down, and starts the following routine. 30 minutes on a machine, 4 sets of weight so light, the fixed plane bar leaves his hand at the top of the ROM. in between sets is non moving silence : 25 minutes of rest, where i actually wonder if he died... why does he have to use my seated dip machine :(

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
sh!t, i just realized that there arent really any douches in my gym....

maybe that means I'M the douche :nana:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would give anything to have a glimpse at that look :laugh2:

//CC

darkvard

Awards
Loads of guys in my gym just moving the minimum weight in the machines i mean heck why are you here for?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loads of guys in my gym just moving the minimum weight in the machines i mean heck why are you here for?
I'm gonna guess... to move the minimum weight in the machines.

Oh wait... that was a rhetorical question.:lol:

marine0231

marine0231

Awards
I got this little skinny phuck that works out with another little skinny phuck. Together they might weght as much as me. They load up 225 on bench then slam the weight on their chest and arch their back so much on the way up it looks like they're trying to do a backwards crab walk, while the other one lifts it for them. It makes me laugh every time, though i havent seen them i a while they might've cracked a rib or something.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I got this little skinny phuck that works out with another little skinny phuck. Together they might weght as much as me. They load up 225 on bench then slam the weight on their chest and arch their back so much on the way up it looks like they're trying to do a backwards crab walk, while the other one lifts it for them. It makes me laugh every time, though i havent seen them i a while they might've cracked a rib or something.
and you don't say anything? man you're better than me i guess. i'm the kind of prick that will go over there and in a nice voice ask "are you trying to hurt yourself?"......and then before they can answer say "you're probably going to succeed, now lower the weight and do it correctly"......

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only ever made one attempt at form to this burly female doing squats with some 90 pound dude. Looked like she was trying to impress him or something but was squatting very dangerously. When I approached her she told me she's an elite athlete and a power lifter and she's fine. Decided at that point that I only say anything if asked.

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
im new to the fourms... coming over from LB to check things out and I must say damn this thread is hallarious:toofunny:

marine0231

marine0231

Awards
and you don't say anything? man you're better than me i guess. i'm the kind of prick that will go over there and in a nice voice ask "are you trying to hurt yourself?"......and then before they can answer say "you're probably going to succeed, now lower the weight and do it correctly"......
My buddy i work out with sometimes went over and told em something they looked at him shook their heads and said ok. They just continued doing the same thing.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
My buddy i work out with sometimes went over and told em something they looked at him shook their heads and said ok. They just continued doing the same thing.
Tell them that when they arch their back like that while lifting you can see their vagina and it's distracting so would they mind stopping it? :laugh2:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i just let people go about it if they are doing it wrong. and when they get hurt, just laugh.if you can't do it properly..then don't do it at all. i think it's hilarious when like two kids that weigh 100lbs soaking wet combined, try to do like db bench press with like 60lb dumbbells. it is like a team effort, and then they do three reps...and then i go over and bang out like 20 reps of curls...i like to see people disappointed. yes, i am a sick person.

however, but the funniest thing is sometimes i will work out at school, the college gym, it is about ten times worse...every guy is in like wife beaters even if they are a skeleton, load up the bar and struggle with whatever they are doing. then i'll use that weight for warm ups...its great

keeper

It's ultra annoying when someone camps out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious others are waiting to use it.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw guys, I have to take some accountability regarding an annoying habit I've developed. It's hard to admit this... but... okay, sometimes I camp out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious this hot chick is waiting to use it.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Btw guys, I have to take some accountability regarding an annoying habit I've developed. It's hard to admit this... but... okay, sometimes I camp out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious this hot chick is waiting to use it.
do you also stand there and flex like i do. see i always think the chick is just looking at me and not the machine. i just stare back at them and blow kisses. vanity......who says it's over rated?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I really don't care what these people do in the gym....however, the only thing that gets under my skin is the one guy that asks...

'can I get a set in'

I'm like dude, huh?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I really don't care what these people do in the gym....however, the only thing that gets under my skin is the one guy that asks...

'can I get a set in'

I'm like dude, huh?
do you go to a small gym?

EssexBoi

Awards
The geeza at my gym who likes to work out his biceps every other day (the only time he trains), and checks out his 'six pack' in the mirror EVERYTIME he finishes a set of curls!

Gym ratz :cussing:

keeper

Not necessarily a douchebag, but this is funny. There's this gigantic guy at my gym. Last night he was on an elyptical machine. The plasma tv was on Wheel of Fortune and he was talking to the tv. "D! There's 2 D's! Say D." "NO, pass, dummy!" On and on... I was rolling. Not to make fun at all, he was just so loud and excited.

keeper

Okay, I wasn't going to say this, b/c it could come across as unkind, but he's um.. very tongue tied. Nothing wrong with that, but it made his exclamations much more interesting!

OMGosh, I'm laughing again.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, I wasn't going to say this, b/c it could come across as unkind, but he's um.. very tongue tied. Nothing wrong with that, but it made his exclamations much more interesting!

That reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever heard. When I was in the military, I was sitting through a security briefing for new students at an avionics school. The base's security officer stomped into the room and very forcefully wrote the word "confidentiality" on the chalkboard. He then turned toward us and asked very sternly, "Who can tell me what this word means?" This young kid, fresh from boot camp, raised his hand and was called upon.

He answered with an extremely thick lisp... "To believe in yourself?"

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
do you go to a small gym?
I go to two different gyms. One is like those metro fitness, planet fitness type with 100 treadmills and 100 machines. The other is pure hard core with basic lifting equipment, few squat racks, benches (not to big), etc....funny thing is though is that people will say that with an open bench, squat rack, etc right next to me....hence my reasons for saying 'dude, huh'?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I go to two different gyms. One is like those metro fitness, planet fitness type with 100 treadmills and 100 machines. The other is pure hard core with basic lifting equipment, few squat racks, benches (not to big), etc....funny thing is though is that people will say that with an open bench, squat rack, etc right next to me....hence my reasons for saying 'dude, huh'?
that makes sense then....i thought for a minute if everything was taken or the gym only had one bench......cause i know for sure if that was the case i'd ask to "work in".....but that's just me.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

No, he's a douche. It's ok to laugh :laugh:

marine0231

marine0231

Awards
That reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever heard. When I was in the military, I was sitting through a security briefing for new students at an avionics school. The base's security officer stomped into the room and very forcefully wrote the word "confidentiality" on the chalkboard. He then turned toward us and asked very sternly, "Who can tell me what this word means?" This young kid, fresh from boot camp, raised his hand and was called upon.

He answered with an extremely thick lisp... "To believe in yourself?"

Lmfao holy **** that's funny

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I get minorly miffed when people start using tons of DBs (especially when they run the rack) and either leave them on the ground or just start randomly putting them in all the wrong places.

The big one that royally pissed me off this month - I was bench and warming up to 315. I started out by grabbing 6 plates and stacking them next to the bench. When I had 275 on the bar some tiny little 120lb kid took the other two plates. When I finished the warm up I went over to him to get them back (my gym is chronically short of 45s) and he actually said that he "didn't see my name on them." I just took them off the bar and loaded mine back up.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get minorly miffed when people start using tons of DBs (especially when they run the rack) and either leave them on the ground or just start randomly putting them in all the wrong places.

The big one that royally pissed me off this month - I was bench and warming up to 315. I started out by grabbing 6 plates and stacking them next to the bench. When I had 275 on the bar some tiny little 120lb kid took the other two plates. When I finished the warm up I went over to him to get them back (my gym is chronically short of 45s) and he actually said that he "didn't see my name on them." I just took them off the bar and loaded mine back up.
:laugh: that kid must have shat his pants!

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
You people are annoying me with all your stories.......:laugh:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I belong to a gym that's 24 hours, I love when I go after work, a long night of restraining kids, take downs and i walk in and you have 2 very large girls with there boyfriends I assume, sitting on the machines and talking, laughing, drinking coffee, dressed like there going to a club........... here i come dressed, baseball cap backwards, sweats, and Ipod.............and I can hear them, "oh she's tough"................Makes me want to throw them on the floor and restrain them just for being stupid and annoying.............

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Generally anyone leaning or sitting on a machine (not using it) or bench that I need for the sole purpose of carrying on a conversation.

And yeah, people who are idiotic with dumbells, carrying them to all odd parts of the gym and never returning them to the rack where they got them.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Generally anyone leaning or sitting on a machine (not using it) or bench that I need for the sole purpose of carrying on a conversation.

And yeah, people who are idiotic with dumbells, carrying them to all odd parts of the gym and never returning them to the rack where they got them.
I completely agree with that.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I workout at home. I've only worked out in a gym once and that was the gym at college. They didn't even have a squat rack, but they had a smith machine. I had to sign all these papers, that basically said the college isn't liable if I get hurt. The gym is free since I'm a student, but the hours are ridiculous. It's only open from 4-6. Thankfully there were no douches and everyone seemed to know what they were doing.

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
There was this dude walking so slow on the treadmill one day, staring at the tube. I asked my spotter "What good does that do?" He replied " Maybe his TV at home is broken". I Laughed so hard I couldn't finish my set.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Bwahahahahahah!

There was one of these guys at the gym last night and he was hogging the squat rack for like a half an hour squatting just the ****ing bar. I ended up getting the ****s about it and walked over while he was mid set (Set #20) and leaned on the rack, when he was done I said to him;

"So when's the operation mate?"

"What operation" he answers.

"Well I assume you're doing such low weight because you're a pre-op transexual trying to tone up for when you get the snip"

I got a look and a "very funny..." but he then ****ed off and let me have the rack.

RESULT!

:firedevil:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There was one of these guys at the gym last night and he was hogging the squat rack for like a half an hour squatting just the ****ing bar. I ended up getting the ****s about it and walked over while he was mid set (Set #20) and leaned on the rack, when he was done I said to him;

"So when's the operation mate?"

"What operation" he answers.

"Well I assume you're doing such low weight because you're a pre-op transexual trying to tone up for when you get the snip"

I got a look and a "very funny..." but he then ****ed off and let me have the rack.

RESULT!

:firedevil:

Hahahahaha!!:laugh2::lol5: I must remember that one when I spot a guy like this the next time :18:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
the people who pay the trainers at the gym and wind up standing around talking more than asking questions and working out. i asked a trainer one time, in front of his client, "if i pay you $60 an hour will you stand around and talk to me too?". the client was less than amused. normally i would not do something like that but benches were scarce that day and they we just "using it" not actually using it.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
My other fav is when I'm doing legs and some guy comes over with skinny legs, and knows nothing about lifting and says.."hey need a spot"....UMMMM NO!!! I can squat more than your dumbass any day...........but it makes me laugh, esp when I catch him loading his rack with my weight and moving it 3 inches while grunting...............

TC

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
My other fav is when I'm doing legs and some guy comes over with skinny legs, and knows nothing about lifting and says.."hey need a spot"....UMMMM NO!!! I can squat more than your dumbass any day...........but it makes me laugh, esp when I catch him loading his rack with my weight and moving it 3 inches while grunting...............

TC
he's trying to pick you up......why not let him?