Douchebags at the gym...

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So i hit the gym tonight after my day shift, I rode the bike for awhile ( hour 30 mins) than I decide to go practice my turkish lifts ( from kettle bell)...in walks for lack of a better word, mr stupid, now it's a weird move, weird angle, nothing i can describe, but not very lady like, and in comes stupid,
Guy: "what the hell are you doing"
Me: "nothing you should try"
Guy: "looks easy"
Me:"ok"...
He sits down near me, watches me for a full 5 mins, attempts one and falls on his ass almost, turns beat red, gets up and turns to leave, I yell out..."told you it's hard"

Made my day, I admit I laughed a little .................ok ALOT :)

TC
Lmfao :lol: Whoever says those are easy is not knowing what he is talking about :)

//CC

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I work in a psych hospital i must have a sign on me that says...."come talk to me or bug me"...last thing I want to do is talk to people when i am not at work......:) So no I dont get hit on, its all the weirdos in the world, it's like when I used to teach, I would go ANYWHERE and I would meet special needs children.......... ( I loved it).......

TC
Ok, so I'd have to be a quiet bodyguard and not muscle up on any special needs kids who approach you because that's all good. Got it. :nana:

After today's workout I think it's fair to say that the biggest douchebags in your average gym are the (Obviously under qualified) personal trainers who run around looking for every last **** to suck with the ****ty advice they give out to people.

My younger brother has joined the gym recently after a lot of prodding and prompting from me as he was about as unhealthy as it gets. He'd had some health problems and required HRT etc for a while but it boiled down to the fact that he looks like his body is built out of macaroni, was about as inactive as you could be and didn't keep a good routine as far as diet/sleep/training of any description (Zero muscle mass - he works in film & IT) and as part of joining the gym they gave him 3 free personal training sessions.

Now, he's zero muscle mass, probably around 5'11 and maybe 140lbs. What does this douchebag PT have him doing when I get to the gym? Flat out zero resistance cardio for an hour at a time with the only resistance work being lunges with like 5lb db's... W. T. F.

Anyways, I straightened my brother out with a solid routine that's going to see him build some muscle in the next 6-8 weeks with some moderate resistance cardio bookending his training to improve his CV fitness without annihilating whatever minimal muscle he's carrying. He's made more progress in the 5 days of doing what I told him to do than in the 2 weeks of doing what this ****head told him to do.

I also got into the PT about it and asked him WTF he was thinking, because I know he's used to duping 5'3" 300lb chicks out of $50 a session but the rules for training overweight people don't apply to everyone. He apologises and tells me I should become a personal trainer... :cussing:

[/rant]

P.S. No offense intended to some of the good PT's that frequent this board like Travis - you guys are awesome. You must get even ****tier about it than I do with so many douchebags raping the dollars and the credibility out of your noble profession.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
hey man... Im a software developer! Not all IT people are out of shape nerds...

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
The skinny guys at my gym that wear wife beaters that fit like a poncho who walk around puffed up, hat on backwards etc.

I've been tempted to ask them where they find wife beaters that loose because all mine cut into my armpits and I can't find them any bigger.

Damn turd buckets

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Anyone who throws weights.
Anyone who yells.
Anyone who wears a belt for every exercise, but doesn't actually do anything.
And the fitness chicks who wear skin tight clothes and do stiff leg deads so I have to worry its gonna be boner time any second.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The skinny guys at my gym that wear wife beaters that fit like a poncho who walk around puffed up, hat on backwards etc.

I've been tempted to ask them where they find wife beaters that loose because all mine cut into my armpits and I can't find them any bigger.

Damn turd buckets
Got a couple of these "turd buckets" at my gym too :zx11pissed:

//CC

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
f'in people that don't rack their weights and/or leave weights and sheit laying around...gym looks like a mess...gets me :angryfire:

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
The douches that take up a whole bench in the locker room for their crap when you are just coming out of the shower. And there locker is ALWAYS right beside yours. And will not more their crap for anything.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
People that always come to the gym wearing the same clothes every day and smell like they never washed them after any workout :puke:

//CC
there was a guy at the gym i used to work at that NEVER EVER washed his t-shirt after training - he said he just put it on the radiator to kill the germs. I swear he smelt like a walking pile of **** cheese. I used to subtly walk behind him and spray air freshener around him. It got to the point that management told him to wash his shirt or leave the club

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there was a guy at the gym i used to work at that NEVER EVER washed his t-shirt after training - he said he just put it on the radiator to kill the germs. I swear he smelt like a walking pile of **** cheese. I used to subtly walk behind him and spray air freshener around him. It got to the point that management told him to wash his shirt or leave the club
I can't believe these people. Kill the germs on the radiator? They will F*kin multiply with that.. Glad to hear management took care of it - sometimes they are in denial too.. Should have sprayed insectrepellant instead of airfreshener around him ;)

//CC

Anomaly2181

Awards
This is not a pet peave since I have only seen 1 man do it, but I thought it worth sharing:

Old Asian Man: Leg propped up on sink counter butt flossing with his towl

Same Old Asian Man: 15 mins later, blow drying his unit

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I've had a run of midgets at my gym with little/no muscle mass doing lots of forearm exercises. I mean what do they want to look like..?

Ah well, the fact that it annoys me just makes me SFW harder.

Yug-gug-gug-gug-gug! :lol:

YajV24

Banned
Awards
I despise when Gay's follow me from station to station. This old fruitcake kept migrating with me everytime i left an area to go to the next.

And he would always be behind me.

Everytime i go to glance in the mirror he's "between sets"....just sitting there.

Yeah its flattering and all...But it should end there. Dont follow me out to the parking lot and ask me questions about "earning some extra money"...I mean wtf.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I despise when Gay's follow me from station to station. This old fruitcake kept migrating with me everytime i left an area to go to the next.

And he would always be behind me.

Everytime i go to glance in the mirror he's "between sets"....just sitting there.

Yeah its flattering and all...But it should end there. Dont follow me out to the parking lot and ask me questions about "earning some extra money"...I mean wtf.
My reply would be, "Do you think it'd be a bad way to die, being beaten to death in a parking lot..? **** off or find out."

Pretty sure that'd work.

:sasmokin:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My reply would be, "Do you think it'd be a bad way to die, being beaten to death in a parking lot..? **** off or find out."

Pretty sure that'd work.

2nd that :knockedout:

//CC

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Pretty sure that'd work.

I like the way you think. :cheers:

Rommel65

Awards
Can't stand the young punk wiggers who start all those stupid conversations with you only to find out if you are juicing. I got Tool rippin' on my Ipod, I'm soaked and pumped to the max, I'm breathing like I just sprinted 1k, and some jack stain wants to know about supps. I feel like slappin' him with a 45 pound plate. Last week, I told a similar knuckled head to stop talking, quit wearing out the mirrors, and to start eating and lifting heavy. For crying out loud, I can't stand em! I want to wear a shirt that says "leave me alone!" Because of my size, every idiot in the gym wants to know my diet and training routine. Easy, I eat or drink clean protein constantly until I am sick, and then lift the heaviest weights possible for as long as possible until I am sick again - rest - repeat.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Can't stand the young punk wiggers who start all those stupid conversations with you only to find out if you are juicing. I got Tool rippin' on my Ipod, I'm soaked and pumped to the max, I'm breathing like I just sprinted 1k, and some jack stain wants to know about supps. I feel like slappin' him with a 45 pound plate. Last week, I told a similar knuckled head to stop talking, quit wearing out the mirrors, and to start eating and lifting heavy. For crying out loud, I can't stand em! I want to wear a shirt that says "leave me alone!" Because of my size, every idiot in the gym wants to know my diet and training routine. Easy, I eat or drink clean protein constantly until I am sick, and then lift the heaviest weights possible for as long as possible until I am sick again - rest - repeat.

can be purchased at animalpak.com

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
This is not a pet peave since I have only seen 1 man do it, but I thought it worth sharing:

Old Asian Man: Leg propped up on sink counter butt flossing with his towl

Same Old Asian Man: 15 mins later, blow drying his unit
asians always treat gym bathroom as their own house......

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
^ might just get that

i want one that says "danger radioactive testosterone present"

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
the little chinese guy at around 2:45....ive actually seen this exact same thing happen...priceless!

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Saw something similar where all the weight dropped off one side and caused the bar to whip in the other direction almost taking out the guy on the bench next-door. Gotta say though the guy in that instance had no spot.

That douche was the worst spotter ever.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I had kettle bell class this am, now doing kettle bells many might know you grab a few various bells, heaviest i can do is 47 pds, swing, and cleans, ( bruises to prove it)...i see this guy come in, seen him before look at what I have and head to the heavy section, the blacks and grays, 80 to 120 pds maybe...... all during class he was struggling, crying almost until the instructer looked at him and said.."dont worry that she can swing more than you get a comfortable weight a**".............. I smiled and laughed like heck :)

I hate guys who try to do more than they can......BUT i love when someone calls them on it :) hehe

TC

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I knew I recognised that crazy bitches moves somewhere!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lJP6PcyEMg&feature=related"]YouTube - zohan dance[/ame]

Disco disco!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I've been laughing about the Asian guy blow drying his unit for the last 10 minuites.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I were running alongside that asian on the treadmill I would discreetly try to push the button for the treadmill program to suddenly go as fast as it could! :D

//CC

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If I were running alongside that asian on the treadmill I would discreetly try to push the button for the treadmill program to suddenly go as fast as it could! :D

//CC
I would first rugby tackle, then start dry humping her as a lesson to other patrons :laugh:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
So i went to kettle bell yesterday, after class they have the huge tires in the parking lot, I had no idea how much they weigh, my teacher says.."wanna flip a tire"....I reply sure....So unlady like, I sumo squat the tire, get my hands under it and i flipped it, turns out its 300pds, what annoyed me was my teacher kept trying to help me lift it.....thinking i couldnt do it...some people have no faith,.....hmmmpptt!!!!!

TC

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I turn out to be the douchebag today...:(

I crushed my finger in the jeep door sunday, been sore, bruised cant really use it easily, if not broken bruised..well today was kettle bell class.....uh huh?? you got it in the middle of a swing, my 27pd bell went FLYING forwards and i had to go running after it....my teacher looked at me and said.."swing with your good paw will you"....:(

But i finished class...never been a douchebag before.....

TC

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I turn out to be the douchebag today...:(

I crushed my finger in the jeep door sunday, been sore, bruised cant really use it easily, if not broken bruised..well today was kettle bell class.....uh huh?? you got it in the middle of a swing, my 27pd bell went FLYING forwards and i had to go running after it....my teacher looked at me and said.."swing with your good paw will you"....:(

But i finished class...never been a douchebag before.....

TC
Being a Dbag is like being crazy; if you admit you are then you aren't.

The ones you need to worry about are the ones that think they are doing nothing wrong ;) at least you realized it.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I hate unsolicited spotting. For example on the bench press I laid down to do my second set and I look up at some dude I'd never seen before who gives me a condescending "go ahead" before I start to lift. Then, as is usually the case, he over spotted me and basically ruined the set. Now, this bad spotting is usual with most people, even those you ask to spot you. But it's not the end, after they spot you they expect you to return the favor. They now think you're buddies and track me down no matter where I am in the gym and force me to spot him. They usually put on too much weight make you strain to keep it from killing them and then ask "how much were you helping me?" after every set. Then you think it's done but they engage you in mindless small talk that is even worse when it's gym related. Excercise/nutrition conversation is idiotic at best with these people and irritating at its worse, for example a skinny weakling telling you what his "strengths" are and needlessly abreviating excercises to sound like he's more experienced, "Yea I like cleans but I see you're doing deads, also I like mils, thats what I call military press. I also call bench press be'-pre'....." I feel like going to the gym in disguise to avoid them.

The second type of douche-ing-ton I hate are the *******s who set all of their stuff on a bench, stopping anyone from using it, and then working out NEXT to it. I'm mature enough to deal with the fact that people are going to use equipment I want to use, but when they are taking it up and not even using it, it makes me so mad I get diarrhea.

Next on the list are people who start taking **** off of where you are working out when you are clearly still using it. Just the other day I left the bench to blow my nose and left two pairs of keys on the bench, a jug of water at the base, not to mention the weight I was using. I was gone for literally thirty seconds and I come back and some long haired prick was taking the weight off and got huffy and offended when I told him I was still using it. There were also other benches available with empty bars and no gallon jug of water at the base, it wasn't like this was an 8 ounce sparkletts bottle someone forgot. It was a half full gallon jug of water that was slightly purple from stuff I put in to mask the BCAA taste. Also I had a handlebar mustache that day for my Halloween costume that deserved respect that it obviously wasn't getting, just kidding....

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
So i went to kettle bell yesterday, after class they have the huge tires in the parking lot, I had no idea how much they weigh, my teacher says.."wanna flip a tire"....I reply sure....So unlady like, I sumo squat the tire, get my hands under it and i flipped it, turns out its 300pds, what annoyed me was my teacher kept trying to help me lift it.....thinking i couldnt do it...some people have no faith,.....hmmmpptt!!!!!

TC
I'm in love... :love:

:lol:

Speaking of love, I saw a guy get (Loudly) told off by his (fat) girlfriend who got tired of him taking so long in the weights section of the gym because it was cutting into her McHappyTime. She actually raised her voice at him and said, "Stop standing there flexing you ****ing homo I want to go home!" needless to say the whole gym stopped and went silent for about 10 seconds, and then someone gave it the:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU&feature=related"]YouTube - Kelso burn[/ame]

Everyone laughed, he walked out of the gym looking ashamed of himself - I suspect probably because the episode called attention to the fact that he's dating (AKA the bitch of) a big angry fat chick more than anything else.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

Speaking of love, I saw a guy get (Loudly) told off by his (fat) girlfriend who got tired of him taking so long in the weights section of the gym because it was cutting into her McHappyTime. She actually raised her voice at him and said, "Stop standing there flexing you ****ing homo I want to go home!" needless to say the whole gym stopped and went silent for about 10 seconds, and then someone gave it the:

YouTube - Kelso burn

Everyone laughed, he walked out of the gym looking ashamed of himself - I suspect probably because the episode called attention to the fact that he's dating (AKA the bitch of) a big angry fat chick more than anything else.

My ex wife used to say stupid **** at the gym that was embarrassing but not like that. It was stupid enough that people would look at me with that blank stare you get when you can't quite grasp the depth and breadth of how god damn dumb someone is.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I hate unsolicited spotting. For example on the bench press I laid down to do my second set and I look up at some dude I'd never seen before who gives me a condescending "go ahead" before I start to lift. Then, as is usually the case, he over spotted me and basically ruined the set. Now, this bad spotting is usual with most people, even those you ask to spot you. But it's not the end, after they spot you they expect you to return the favor. They now think you're buddies and track me down no matter where I am in the gym and force me to spot him. They usually put on too much weight make you strain to keep it from killing them and then ask "how much were you helping me?" after every set. Then you think it's done but they engage you in mindless small talk that is even worse when it's gym related. Excercise/nutrition conversation is idiotic at best with these people and irritating at its worse, for example a skinny weakling telling you what his "strengths" are and needlessly abreviating excercises to sound like he's more experienced, "Yea I like cleans but I see you're doing deads, also I like mils, thats what I call military press. I also call bench press be'-pre'....." I feel like going to the gym in disguise to avoid them.

The second type of douche-ing-ton I hate are the *******s who set all of their stuff on a bench, stopping anyone from using it, and then working out NEXT to it. I'm mature enough to deal with the fact that people are going to use equipment I want to use, but when they are taking it up and not even using it, it makes me so mad I get diarrhea.

Next on the list are people who start taking **** off of where you are working out when you are clearly still using it. Just the other day I left the bench to blow my nose and left two pairs of keys on the bench, a jug of water at the base, not to mention the weight I was using. I was gone for literally thirty seconds and I come back and some long haired prick was taking the weight off and got huffy and offended when I told him I was still using it. There were also other benches available with empty bars and no gallon jug of water at the base, it wasn't like this was an 8 ounce sparkletts bottle someone forgot. It was a half full gallon jug of water that was slightly purple from stuff I put in to mask the BCAA taste. Also I had a handlebar mustache that day for my Halloween costume that deserved respect that it obviously wasn't getting, just kidding....
Could always just wander off when he's into his last 2 reps when he's assumed you're there to spot him...? It's the gym version of social-darwinism. :lol:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established

YouTube - Kelso burn

guys are normally afraid of a girl who can flip a 300pd tire, lol

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
Man.......you people get annoyed easily.........I just SFW with my headphones on and call it a day...........I was over being annoyed by Not Bigs a long time ago.......guess I've mellowed in my old age. :cheers:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I usually go in and SFW's but tonight was quite different. Had this guy come in 1/2 way through my workout, and starting plowing through weight he sure as hell could not handle. He would do 1-3 reps (horrible form) with a couple plates on each side, then add another 45, then another and so on. This was on all hammer strength machines......

I really didnt care, and none of my business......

....until he kept on asking me to "spot" him. WTF? Why do I need to spot you on non-core machine lifts? By non-core lifts i mean anything but bench, incline, squat or dead. This guy asked me like 4 times to spot him (actually help him) on high/low hammer strength row machines, for SINGLE REPS, he couldnt even get with 2 plates. And im not talking forced reps, I mean single reps. After he couldnt get 1 rep on a HS row machine with 4 plates each side, he just threw on another plate for each side, and asked yet again.

After the last time I told him to get someone else, as it was interfering with MY damn workout.