• RockStar
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
other than Testforce2 what others uses the same type of DAA?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But once again, none of that matters if the anxiety reported while on DAA is not statistically different than while on placebo.
and since we are talking about a product that has no such studies, is the risk of it causing that worth the limited effect? Sure there are blood tests at x days in showing a higher total testosterone, are there any studies showing DAA causes an increase in strength or lean muscle mass? no.

Its one thing to separately dismiss side effects in a product where there isn't any particular MOA of the product that is reasonable to cause them but its worth considering when there is an MOA for it to cause them.

This doesn't mean I think people shouldn't use DAA, but they should be aware that this is a possible issue, and decide for themselves. if they already have anxiety issues to a lesser or greater extent, they might be better off using something else.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone experienced and prostate issues with taking too much DAA, ie, harder to take a wizz or wizzing often etc..Seem like when I am using this to much I start to drain the vein more often and it gets annoying. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this..SJ

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really have anything else to add to this thread as nothing definitive will be reached with the evidence (or lack of) we have now. I just wanted to say it is nice to see people discussing the ingredient MOA and potential contraindications of an ingredient in an objective way without someone getting grumpy or throwing their toys out of the pram.

Good work guys.

Ben

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Once again, all supplements have side effects. I'd be more concerned about anxiety from preworkouts/stims than DAA.
Yeah. I'd be much more concerned about being killed after being kidnapped by the cartel then dying from DAA.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Once again, all supplements have side effects. I'd be more concerned about anxiety from preworkouts/stims than DAA.
I agree....I stopped taking the L-dopa supp I was using along with the DAA (and Erase) and my anxiety pretty much went away. At least the bulk of it, I still feel a little anxious time to time....but nothing remarkable. I can't be 100% sure, but within 24 hours of stopping the L-dopa I noticed the anxiety went away. I am ultra sensitive to stims nowadays (used to use them like candy in my 20's) due to a health condition. I am thinking the L-dopa was having a stimulant effect on me and thus causing the anxiety....but again can't be sure....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think DAA really builds up in the hippocampus significantly. D-Serine does i think
i too doubt it has chronic impact, but I could see enough metabolites from a single acute dosing to cause short term anxiety being reasonable in someone prone to it.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
and since we are talking about a product that has no such studies, is the risk of it causing that worth the limited effect? Sure there are blood tests at x days in showing a higher total testosterone, are there any studies showing DAA causes an increase in strength or lean muscle mass? no.

Its one thing to separately dismiss side effects in a product where there isn't any particular MOA of the product that is reasonable to cause them but its worth considering when there is an MOA for it to cause them.

This doesn't mean I think people shouldn't use DAA, but they should be aware that this is a possible issue, and decide for themselves. if they already have anxiety issues to a lesser or greater extent, they might be better off using something else.

i always thought DAA made me feel more in control and calmer, not more anxious

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Has anyone experienced and prostate issues with taking too much DAA, ie, harder to take a wizz or wizzing often etc..Seem like when I am using this to much I start to drain the vein more often and it gets annoying. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this..SJ
YES. it makes me piss like a race horse for some reason.... at least the first 10 days. And I always have a pinchy prostate so I will answer yes to that as well....but that is always a YES and probably has nothing to do with DAA LMFAO......

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I still don't understand what the issue with anxiety is. Anxiety will not kill you. If you take DAA and get anxiety - stop taking DAA. It's pretty simple.Like I said - I have been on DAA for six months non-stop, 6 grams a day. I was diagnosed with anxiety back in 2003 when I was in Iraq. I had pains all over my body. I'd feel a rock in my boot and when I sat down to take off the boot to remove the rock - no rock! One of my hands would just go numb for no reason. I had chest pains all day long for months, etc. Once Doc convinced me it was anxiety and combat related - I had them put me back in the war zone. Still had the pains - but I knew they were in my head and wouldn't hurt me.My point is ... anxiety doesn't kill you - and it's pretty easy to recognize when it pops up. In spite of my history of anxiety - DAA has given me nothing but a feeling of peace and focus. YMMV - but just stop taking the **** if you get anxiety.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Anxiety is nothing to scoff at though....I consider myself about as mentally tough as they come..... and when I get some major anxiety going on, it is impossible to dismiss or overcome .... at least without some benzos that is..... but yeah, if you get anxiety from something you must stop taking it, that is the only real solution. That being said anxiety should not be dismissed as someone being emotional or a sissy or whatever. It's real and it can be a MF'er.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
u aint mentally tough if u poppin benzos to overcome your anxiety, pu$$y :mad1:

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You are the reason why AM has an ignore list
sometimes annoying people can make things interesting, sometimes they can be.... well..... annoying. For instance today he is being annoying. and for the record I have about 5 refills of xanax sitting here because I don't take it on purpose because I CAN deal with anxiety w/o pills.....but damn, when you get really anxious.... sometimes you gotta break down and take one.... they are a helluva sleeping pill as well FYI......

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
sometimes annoying people can make things interesting, sometimes they can be.... well..... annoying. For instance today he is being annoying. and for the record I have about 5 refills of xanax sitting here because I don't take it on purpose because I CAN deal with anxiety w/o pills.....but damn, when you get really anxious.... sometimes you gotta break down and take one.... they are a helluva sleeping pill as well FYI......
your a nerd and u cant consider yourself "mentally tough as they come" if you got 5 bottles of xanax in your house man, i get anxiety and never popped a pill for it, i ride with it like a real nigga, only time i pop a xanax is with a female and liquor

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
hopefully he cyber-judo throws you onto the forum floor, with you landing awkwardly on your head. then we are all gonna lift your xanax that you don't use while you are unconscious, and use it with some strippers.
hahaha

he wont do **** tho, im a amateur boxer and ill knock his noggin off his shoulders if he gets in range

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benzo withdrawl is serious stuff. Be careful with them. Also to add it is best to take benzos with a NMDA antagonist to help prevent a tolerance to them.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Benzo withdrawl is serious stuff. Be careful with them. Also to add it is best to take benzos with a NMDA antagonist to help prevent a tolerance to them.
that is my reasoning for not taking them, unless absolutely necessary, I don't want to rely on any drug ever. never taken any drugs nor drank nor smoked in my life. And as you say, you end up building a tolerance to them and guess what? you need to up the dosage and there is another problem. Totally agree with you.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
what kinda doc would order 5 refills of xanax?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
salute me or shoot me fool
Your lack of intelligence and maturity is very apparent from the few posts you have made here. I feel bad for the people who have to interact with you in person.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PA, you don't happen to have mod powers do you? If you do can you ban that annoying cocaine guy???

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PA, you don't happen to have mod powers do you? If you do can you ban that annoying cocaine guy???
He's got 1-AD and
6OXO Power!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
maybe he just wants to be held?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a doc gave me a scrip for 2 1mg tabs per day. In the end I took 1/2 a tab a day, but kept collecting refills since he's a pain and makes you come in every 2 months to get new scrips. So after a few times I got to skip seeing him for 6 months and paying his copay.

So theres a few ways you could accumulate a bunch.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This topic kind of got out of hand - almost 30 posts between my last one and now? lol. At any rate, I thought this particular thread was interesting and is beginning to touch on DAA and excitotoxicity concerns: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/186617-anyone-low-t.html#post3119169

To respond to Easy, my thing is that I understand NMDA's MoA, and I know it's a metabolite. But you have to consider that when you ingest DAA, it's not all being taken up in the brain, it's not all being metabolized to NMDA, and it requires a certain level of NMDA to damage neurons to the point that they die. Low levels merely excite the cells (though NMDA is a potent receptor agonist, granted). So, I think you're right (easy) in saying that the final word is still unknown. Absolutely.

I guess I was just letting my opinion get the best of me, so my B.

Also, found something interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20861489 Curcumin was used in this study to modulate NMDA signaling causing a knockdown of cellular Ca2+ influx. This was done I believe on tissue cultures, not people (for beyond obvious reasons). So if you're concerned about the excitotoxicity of the DAA metabolite, you could take an extra step and dose it with curcumin.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
No, I keep refilling it despite not using it..... free on the insurance..... the SOB gives me one refill per script if I'm lucky, gotta call it in every time I go. I got 3 month's worth on the scripts I actually need, so I just get a 1 month refill on the xanax every time I go for my 3 month and they pile up due to non usage. Ya dig? :)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its simple just run DAA for a short period of time at 3grams a day. 2-3 weeks in pct.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.
I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...
Yeah, I tried to look for what a toxic dosage would be in humans but couldn't find it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are the key differences, if any, between normal DAA vs N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
YES. it makes me piss like a race horse for some reason.... at least the first 10 days. And I always have a pinchy prostate so I will answer yes to that as well....but that is always a YES and probably has nothing to do with DAA LMFAO......
cool thanks..SJ

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
OK thanks guys. That is what I gathered, that there was no safe dosage for NMDA and that it could be dangerous at certain dosages. You would figure if you took enough DAA that could be harmful as well, but maybe not......