BOSSMAN'S First supplement log on AM

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rough night last night, got in bed around 8pm. Phone starts going nuts around 830 pm. I was in a deep sleep by then. Son is broke down about 12 miles from home. Unhook trailer from pickup, head up the road. Get there, add some radiator fluid and as fast as I'm pouring it in...its coming out from the water pump. Stuck...930pm. Hey at least he made into a advance auto. Checked with the employees and they said leave over night...no biggie.

Get home, wife ain't having it. Not leaving the truck overnight. WTF???. Back to town, thank god I'm connected and have a guy for everything. 1030pm truck is in a rollback heading to my shop. Get home 1130pm.

So anyone want to guess what happened when my 3am alarm went off for training this morning?

Keep in mind I was up for 21 hours yesterday......

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I must have looked at them for two long !!
They need to put a disclaimer on the pic saying starring for too long will cause dizziness ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After 2 days I'm Cross Eyed Now !!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rough night last night, got in bed around 8pm. Phone starts going nuts around 830 pm. I was in a deep sleep by then. Son is broke down about 12 miles from home. Unhook trailer from pickup, head up the road. Get there, add some radiator fluid and as fast as I'm pouring it in...its coming out from the water pump. Stuck...930pm. Hey at least he made into a advance auto. Checked with the employees and they said leave over night...no biggie.

Get home, wife ain't having it. Not leaving the truck overnight. WTF???. Back to town, thank god I'm connected and have a guy for everything. 1030pm truck is in a rollback heading to my shop. Get home 1130pm.

So anyone want to guess what happened when my 3am alarm went off for training this morning?

Keep in mind I was up for 21 hours yesterday......
alarm went off. said F'it and hit the snooze bar 15 times...

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
320am
1 scoop vaso/full blitz/glycerol/vaso6/Sea salt

330am ground rolling/shoulder stretch

Intra karbolyn/Xtend elite (sipping through whole workout)

355am back/biceps

Reverse close grip pulldown
100lbx12 120x10 140x8

Db hammer curls
40lbx12x2 ••60lbx8••

Wide lat pulldown
100lbx12 120x10 140x6 ●●

Standing preacher curls cable
50lbx12 60lbx10 70x6. ●●

Reverse pec dec
60lbx12 70x10 80x8

Reverse incline db rows both arms same time
60lbx12x3

Seated preacher curls cable
50lbx12 60x10 70x7●●

Seated bent over db flys
20lbx15x3

440am core
450am workout complete 80 minutes
PANDORA Killswitch
GARAGE TEMP 60
20190920_055903.jpg
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
●● above in the workout were you see the ●●

I have question, is it better for me to go as heavy as possible and come up a rep or 2 short? Or should I lower the weight to get the full reps on last set.

Is there a right or wrong answer? Thoughts?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I have question, is it better for me to go as heavy as possible and come up a rep or 2 short? Or should I lower the weight to get the full reps on last set.

Full reps always more optimal as is proper form. I rather see you stimulate the muscle properly then try and ego lift.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Full reps always more optimal as is proper form. I rather see you stimulate the muscle properly then try and ego lift.
I think back in high school I was definitely an ego lifter. Then I realized proper form and full range of motion was more beneficial and important.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those stripes make me dizzy !!
Me too all the blood rushed to my other head!
They didnt bother me at allllll!!!!!!
They bothered me in the way that staring at that many rolls of life savers always does. Mad I can't eat it! Wait What??? :love:
[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that it just depends on the goal of training or even that specific set. However with you working out alone i would definitely agree with the statements below when using free weight compound movements. However the exercises where this was listed there really is no more danger in doing a partial or even multiple partial at the end of the set so long as you keep good form with the partial. Most were single joint very easy to bail on exercises where stopping at any point in the ROM had no more danger than a full ROM if not actually being safer. The key there being controlled. IE stop when you get to any point that requires any adjustment of form. So with those, and the lat pull down as well it is VERY easy to stop at a safe point without risking injury. Just don't try to push through and allow yourself to lose form, either shorten the range or abandon the set.

John Meadows is a big proponent of controlled partial reps, I love controlled partial reps and often have to resort to them when training if my problem areas are bothering me. Muscles undurstand tension, and you can get massively high % recruitment from an intense partials. My ortho begged me for years to start training my heavier movements with partials explaining the difference in fiber recruitment VS safety. Bottom line fiber recruitment under sufficient weight is just has high and often higher in the strongest, or safest portion of the ROM compared to FULL ROM due to the difference in weight able to be used and if you increase TUT with slower negatives then you do not lose TUT due to shorter ROM. So the benefits actually outweigh the risks their. Most people will scream FULL ROM from the mountain tops but most top level body builders do mostly partial ROM in the safest area of the ROM mostly in the middle 3/5s of the ROM. On top of that partials also keep tension on the muscle between reps.

You might find these videos interesting.

John Meadows on partials

General Youtuber - showing examples of pros lifting and them discussing the partials.

Really just discussing and sharing some different thoughts, aspects, and approaches here since you asked for thoughts on the matter.

That being said I think you are following Bob's programming here, or his suggestions and there are absolutely nothing wrong with them either. Bob knows his stuff, and this training methodology works for certain. Both options address that safety and form is of great importance. Just different ways to approach progressive overload and at different intensity levels. So many ways to skin a cat and they are all correct as long as you have a skinless cat at the end...

I will say there is something to be said for a oh lets call it a ROM drop set since I don't know if there is a name for it. I guess it could be considered a mechanical drop set except instead of changing to more advantageous angles to continue the set you work through a progressively shorter ROM until form failure at whatever predetermined ROM you are willing to go down too.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@MrKleen73
Appreciate it!!

You know I have never really followed a program. That's just being honest. I'm on the end of my 4th week of the "getting back into it" . I honestly am feeling really strong right now. Endurance is sky high too.
Week 1 full body workouts
Week 2 traditional 12/10/8 reps
Week 3 full body workouts
Week 4 traditional

Things are going good and hope/should be banging by 10/1. That's been my goal. Hoping to add some new equipment next month also, squat rack, flat bench, barbell, free weights etc....

I thought I was gonna be able to get the equipment last year, but it just didnt work out.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Me too all the blood rushed to my other head!
They bothered me in the way that staring at that many rolls of life savers always does. Mad I can't eat it! Wait What??? :love:
I honestly think that it just depends on the goal of training or even that specific set. However with you working out alone i would definitely agree with the statements below when using free weight compound movements. However the exercises where this was listed there really is no more danger in doing a partial or even multiple partial at the end of the set so long as you keep good form with the partial. Most were single joint very easy to bail on exercises where stopping at any point in the ROM had no more danger than a full ROM if not actually being safer. The key there being controlled. IE stop when you get to any point that requires any adjustment of form. So with those, and the lat pull down as well it is VERY easy to stop at a safe point without risking injury. Just don't try to push through and allow yourself to lose form, either shorten the range or abandon the set.

John Meadows is a big proponent of controlled partial reps, I love controlled partial reps and often have to resort to them when training if my problem areas are bothering me. Muscles undurstand tension, and you can get massively high % recruitment from an intense partials. My ortho begged me for years to start training my heavier movements with partials explaining the difference in fiber recruitment VS safety. Bottom line fiber recruitment under sufficient weight is just has high and often higher in the strongest, or safest portion of the ROM compared to FULL ROM due to the difference in weight able to be used and if you increase TUT with slower negatives then you do not lose TUT due to shorter ROM. So the benefits actually outweigh the risks their. Most people will scream FULL ROM from the mountain tops but most top level body builders do mostly partial ROM in the safest area of the ROM mostly in the middle 3/5s of the ROM. On top of that partials also keep tension on the muscle between reps.

You might find these videos interesting.

John Meadows on partials

General Youtuber - showing examples of pros lifting and them discussing the partials.

Really just discussing and sharing some different thoughts, aspects, and approaches here since you asked for thoughts on the matter.

That being said I think you are following Bob's programming here, or his suggestions and there are absolutely nothing wrong with them either. Bob knows his stuff, and this training methodology works for certain. Both options address that safety and form is of great importance. Just different ways to approach progressive overload and at different intensity levels. So many ways to skin a cat and they are all correct as long as you have a skinless cat at the end...

I will say there is something to be said for a oh lets call it a ROM drop set since I don't know if there is a name for it. I guess it could be considered a mechanical drop set except instead of changing to more advantageous angles to continue the set you work through a progressively shorter ROM until form failure at whatever predetermined ROM you are willing to go down too.[/QUOTE]

I’ve definitely seen this to be very true firsthand. Training at different gyms with pro card BB’ing monsters the partial reps seem tried and true for that discipline. Like you said, depends on your training goal.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My goal is to get bigger and stronger. To grow
@SkRaw85
Thanks for chiming in. I soak it all in

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This morning marks workout #4 and the end of week 4. Although tomorrow I have 12 yards to cut which is a workout in its own.

This morning a 90 minute full body workout. I like these on Saturdays, boat departs at 1030am. The full body gets me a nice lil pump and makes it easier for me to throw my lady around later.

I think I'm good for my 10/1 goal of being ready to go back 100%.
This is were I'm at now at an even 215
20190921_075202.jpg
20190921_075215.jpg
20190921_075232.jpg
20190921_075246.jpg

I feel like I'm getting bigger. I want to get bigger.
I will keep this routine and update pics again on. 10/1

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update! I really think if you personally are feeling good and feel like you are getting results that's all that matters and it will reflect in the mirror with consistency.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lot's of Protein in those fish !!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
330am
Sea salt/ vaso/full blitz/ glycerol/ vaso 6/
48oz h20

340am ground rolling
Karbolyn/xtend elite ( sipping through whole workout)

4am full body
Db bench
40lbx25. 60lbx15 60lbx12.
Partials. Bottom 40lbx12 top 40lbx12

Leg extensions
50lbx15 60lbx12 70lbx10

Db military press
40lbx20 60lbx12 60lbx10

Hammer curls
40lbx12x3

Overhead extensions
60lbx15x3

Pec dec
80lbx15 90x12 100x10

Wide lat pulldown
80lbx20 100x15 120x12

Upright row cable
50lbx20 60lbx15 70lbx10

21sx50lb 1 set
455am workout complete 65mins
PANDORA Killswitch

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout this morning. I love finishing with 21s and get a good pump.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
320am 1 scoop vaso/full blitz/ sea salt/ vaso6/glycerol/ 48oz h20

340am ground roll/stretch
Karbolyn/ xtend elite ( sipping through whole workout)

4am legs/core
Squats
150x15 180x12 200x10
Slow/deep/squeeze at the top

Standing 1 leg reverse curl each leg
20lbx15x3

Calf raises body weight
Straight feet x25
Inward x25
Open x25

Leg extensions
60lbx12 70lbx10 80x8
5 sec pause last rep each set

Walking lunges body weightx25x3

Goblet squats 40lb db 15x3

Lateral lunges body weight 15x3

440am core
450am leg stretch
455am workout complete 65 minutes
PANDORA CHEVELLE

20190925_054350.jpg
post....

20190925_054403.jpg
took a dive into my sample box this morning and came out with this. Pretty tasty

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your meal and protein powder look good! It's making me hungry! What time is dinner?;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That Cookie Butter Protein sounds really good...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use them all, Right Now I Have A Sample Free House!!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
325am vaso/full blitz/ sea salt/ glycerol / vaso6/ 48oz h2o

335am ground rolling/ shoulder stretch/ legs stretch
Karbolyn/ xtend elite ( sipping through whole workout)

4am
Back

Wide lat pulldown
110lbx12 120x10 130x8

Reverse pec dec
70lbx12 80lbx10 90lbx8

Seated wide grip rows cable
100x12 120x10 140x8

Reverse close grip pulldown
100lbx12 110x10 120x8

1 arm db row each arm
60lbx12x3

Seated bent over flys
20lbx15x3

430am core
440am heavy bag

455am workout complete 55 minutes
PANDORA Killswitch

20190926_054637.jpg
today's sample....again a decent taste, still none of these compare to my favorite Sparta. The flavor was there, just not bold that's all. I do like all the goodies in the nitro tech

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Quest PB will change your mind when you give it a whirl
Others you should give a go
ISO100 in Peanut Butter (best off the isolate line)
PEScience Vanilla (best vanilla for a blend IMO)
Cellucor Cor Whey --> Cinnamon Swirl & Molten Chocolate
Xtend Pro --> Chocolate Lava Cake
Dymatize Elite Xt --> Chocolate PB
Nutrex Vegan --> Cinnamon Cookies & German Chocolate Cake

This should keep you busy for a while. Some of the best sellers and best tasting we offer

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Meals are looking on point! I love using the almond milk with my protein shakes!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No training today. Long day yesterday. Overslept today but everything is good to go. Still got to work on time, settling in for another long day today. Big job tomorrow

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tomorrow project is all labor. 12x13 paver patio. It's a memorial for the customer, unfortunately its gonna be place where she found her son. He will be passed a year on 10/4 so this is very special for her, but also puts alot of pressure on me. All good.
20190927_073928.jpg
20190927_073939.jpg
20190927_073957.jpg
20190927_074008.jpg
material was delivered last night.

10.5 hour day shift today, 1 big yard to cut and load a 14ft trailer and pickup to take to dump tomorrow for a customer that is moving. My 2 sons will empty it tomorrow and go back to get another load.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang! you will have to take an after pic to see the transformation of it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow man that is some heavy sh*t right there. I have no doubt you will do the job justice and her reaction will touch you in a positive way. It's not every day you get to be a part of something special to someone else like that. Looking forward to seeing the results.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow man that is some heavy sh*t right there. I have no doubt you will do the job justice and her reaction will touch you in a positive way. It's not every day you get to be a part of something special to someone else like that. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Yeah the job was subbed to me through some of my connections. It's a cash job. I bid it super high cause it was last minute and she accepted my quote.
That's when I was told of the situation, so now I feel as though I need to make things right. And I will, even if I drop the price 500$ I will make out great.
That's probably what I will do for her. Come to find out she also other adult special need kids that want to be a part of the job. So I will have to get them involved also cause that was there brother that passed.
I'm thinking if they can handle some of the material, they can move that to the backyard or something simple.

Definitely going to be a little different than the normal but I do have somewhat of a heart for some people and things left in me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You kidding me man, you are all heart! I think it is awesome and yes you should definitely involve them a little bit in whatever they can do. Just check with her to make sure she approves of whatever it is, but you already know that. Sounds like it is going to be a very rewording job. Hell if I were nearby I would volunteer to help you out!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You kidding me man, you are all heart! I think it is awesome and yes you should definitely involve them a little bit in whatever they can do. Just check with her to make sure she approves of whatever it is, but you already know that. Sounds like it is going to be a very rewording job. Hell if I were nearby I would volunteer to help you out!
I thi
Yes sir, always a pleasure chatting with you big guy. Have a great weekend and dont let that plumbing beat ya up too bad. I gotta get back to work and make some money. Just got a hot bogo from @The Solution