Virile Mane - Hair anyone?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
not at all....this is something you rub into the scalp. As a bonus, I am including some skin emollients which, in addition to helping the actves penetrate, should help dandruff and dry itchy scalp.
Sounds excellent. I'm very excited for this!

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any scent change from the last batch? I thought it was very, "aromatic" the last time I had it on.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
lotion gets my vote - cream is impossible for someone with diffuse thinning like me. It's fine for someone who is just using it on temples or baldspot which is devoid of hair anyway though.

Is it not possible to offer both?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
lotion gets my vote - cream is impossible for someone with diffuse thinning like me. It's fine for someone who is just using it on temples or baldspot which is devoid of hair anyway though.

Is it not possible to offer both?
That is kind of what I meant when I was trying to explain why i'd vote for lotion. Same kind of scenerio. The thin looks....thinner.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any scent change from the last batch? I thought it was very, "aromatic" the last time I had it on.
We are only concerned with functionality here...it will be virtually unscented.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last question...

there will be a small alcohol component to the formula (solvent), but I have two ways I can go - a lotionish consistency, or a harder cream type.

Both would be equally as effective. Any preference?
Something light and not drippy. Something which will be undetectable when dry. I want something I can apply easily which will dry quickly, unlike Rogaine, and not leave me looking like Al Pachino>greased hair. Apply, dry, style as usual.

And yes, please no scent. I don't need anything competing with my BO. :lol:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like a consistency that spreads easily, and doesn't drip. I think the cream would be better?
Agree, as long as enough of the compounds can still hit the scalp. Dripping can be annoying.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Whatever is faster to make is my vote :)

I like the idea of a lotion as long as it has some type of viscosity to it.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The lotion would be perfect as long as it had some thickness, but a cream , IMO, would be dreadful. I've had people use cream style hair regrowth formulas before and it always gets this stiff look

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The lotion would be perfect as long as it had some thickness, but a cream , IMO, would be dreadful. I've had people use cream style hair regrowth formulas before and it always gets this stiff look
I've been playing around a bit, and I think I will be able to get it the consistency of a pudding. This will be rubbed into the SCALP only...you shouldn't be drenching your head with it.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
yeah but in the process of putting something like that onto the scalp it gets all over the hair... I've tried a couple of different things that came in a cream and it just doesn't work if you have hair in the area of application.

The only way to apply it to the scalp effectively in that case is if it is sufficiently liquid to be able to be dispensed with a pipette type dropper. Doesn't have to be like water mind!

Unless you have a buzz cut... in which case anything works lol.

I'd still say offer both if you can.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah but in the process of putting something like that onto the scalp it gets all over the hair... I've tried a couple of different things that came in a cream and it just doesn't work if you have hair in the area of application.

The only way to apply it to the scalp effectively in that case is if it is sufficiently liquid to be able to be dispensed with a pipette type dropper. Doesn't have to be like water mind!

Unless you have a buzz cut... in which case anything works lol.

I'd still say offer both if you can.
Hmm...how about a lotion with a dispenser tip?

phantom

Awards
  • Established
I'm equally interested in the Java Lustre shampoo-when do we get to know more about that?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
will have to pickup this when i get the money and chance. Thanks for bringing this Dsade

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very excited for this. I used the beta, and the formula tended to drip/not absorb as well as I'd like. After talking to Matt today, he's made some huge strides.

What we're basically looking at here is a formula that needs to be massaged into one's scalp and left in for maximum benefit. RPN recommends using it twice a day (post-shower and pre-bed) for optimal results. Maximum efficacy will probably occur with the Java Lustre shampoo which will prime the area for regrowth.

Also, the initial smell was somewhat strong, but apparently the final product has almost no smell whatsoever. Considering the ingredients involved, this is no mean feat.

Speaking of the Java Lustre shampoo, improvements have also been made from the beta I used. However, the beta itself was GREAT. Awesome feel/lather and good scent. It also lasts forever, as I've been using it about 2 months and haven't even gotten half way through yet. A small amount of this works wonders, and will definitely be very economically viable.

Look for pictures of my progress w/ the Lustre/Virile Mane stack once the products debut. I'm very excited for their release!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
i need moar info! i'll be picking this up, more than likely. i trust ya, D.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i need moar info! i'll be picking this up, more than likely. i trust ya, D.
the writeup is getting the finishing touches right now, so will be posted on the same day as it ships (the less time between publish and release, the less chance unscrupulous companies will attempt a quick knockoff.)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Now will someone that shaves there head be able to apply this, or do you need some hair to hold the lotion/cream on your scalp?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now will someone that shaves there head be able to apply this, or do you need some hair to hold the lotion/cream on your scalp?
No, this will be thick enough (especially once you rub it in) to sit even on Polyurethane Domes.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of the Java Lustre shampoo, improvements have also been made from the beta I used. However, the beta itself was GREAT. Awesome feel/lather and good scent. It also lasts forever, as I've been using it about 2 months and haven't even gotten half way through yet. A small amount of this works wonders, and will definitely be very economically viable.
Sounds sweet.I wa shoping to hear a little more and it.Sounds like it's gonna be a great combo.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
id go with a lotion thick enough to not drip.

btw, is this gonna initially release as a combo shampoo/lotion pack?

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...how about a lotion with a dispenser tip?

yeah that could be good...

I'm interested to give this stuff a go so even if you only release it in a cream at first i'll just try it on the temples/hairline and see how it goes. I think you will definitely want to look into providing both forms in the longer term though

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Matt, how long do you suggest using before seeing results? I know revita had a 3 month grace period where it may/may not be working for you. Will this be similar or should results be expected on the first bottle?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt, how long do you suggest using before seeing results? I know revita had a 3 month grace period where it may/may not be working for you. Will this be similar or should results be expected on the first bottle?
Given that the formula involves changing phases of follices from dormant to active, which does take time, dramatic results in 3 months is about right. You should, however, notice new growth within the first month.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Given that the formula involves changing phases of follices from dormant to active, which does take time, dramatic results in 3 months is about right. You should, however, notice new growth within the first month.
Interesting....do you think this product can possibly have some success in combating Telogen Effluvium? I tend to get TE easily from androgen use..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting....do you think this product can possibly have some success in combating Telogen Effluvium? I tend to get TE easily from androgen use..
part of the main mechanism is forced shift into anagen phase...so yes.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
part of the main mechanism is forced shift into anagen phase...so yes.
Nice.. So far the only thing thats helped me marginally is Monoxidil for speeding up the regrowth process a bit AFTER the hair has shedded, but does nothing to keep it from coming out in the 1st place.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice.. So far the only thing thats helped me marginally is Monoxidil for speeding up the regrowth process a bit AFTER the hair has shedded, but does nothing to keep it from coming out in the 1st place.
minoidil is so one dimensional in wha it does, while Virile Mane addresses so many other angles (inflammation, blood supply and nutrient delivery, tc) that helps to prevent the loss in the first place.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
minoidil is so one dimensional in wha it does, while Virile Mane addresses so many other angles (inflammation, blood supply and nutrient delivery, tc) that helps to prevent the loss in the first place.
I agree...So far nothing Ive tried has addressed T.E. at all...Minox helps to regrow but my hair is still shedding since June.. I'm losing it faster then I can regrow it. When will this be available?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree...So far nothing Ive tried has addressed T.E. at all...Minox helps to regrow but my hair is still shedding since June.. I'm losing it faster then I can regrow it. When will this be available?
By the end of the month.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. I will probably just order 3 bottles right from the go then and work it out for those 3 months. Thanks!

ps - I went to make a NP order and a lot of your stuff was out of stock...so I waited. Any eta?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. I will probably just order 3 bottles right from the go then and work it out for those 3 months. Thanks!

ps - I went to make a NP order and a lot of your stuff was out of stock...so I waited. Any eta?
I found a bottle I liked, with a small opening dispenser, and they are 4 ounce bottles, which means it should last around 6 weeks per bottle, depening on how thick I make it.

Waiting on a sample bottle which will arrive this week.

Which stuff is out of stock? I sent a VERY large order not 4 days ago.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I found a bottle I liked, with a small opening dispenser, and they are 4 ounce bottles, which means it should last around 6 weeks per bottle, depening on how thick I make it.

Waiting on a sample bottle which will arrive this week.

Which stuff is out of stock? I sent a VERY large order not 4 days ago.

haha sonofab1tch.

I went back just now to make sure and everything is in stock. I tried ordering maybe 3 days ago and ended up holding off on the stuff I wanted to grab from you.

Im really anxious to try java leather/flawless, gut health, and the puppy is out of fidOmega.

I've been using regular acidophilus but I want to try out your EC style. I have a feeling it's going to be MUCH more effective.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha sonofab1tch.

I went back just now to make sure and everything is in stock. I tried ordering maybe 3 days ago and ended up holding off on the stuff I wanted to grab from you.

Im really anxious to try java leather/flawless, gut health, and the puppy is out of fidOmega.

I've been using regular acidophilus but I want to try out your EC style. I have a feeling it's going to be MUCH more effective.
I would recommend the Gut Health 75 count. When they ended the $12.50 sale on the 35 count, it looks like they priced it back up incorrectly.

They will also have 4 jars of BoBu Shimmer on Monday. :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I would recommend the Gut Health 75 count. When they ended the $12.50 sale on the 35 count, it looks like they priced it back up incorrectly.

They will also have 4 jars of BoBu Shimmer on Monday. :)
I was going to buy the larger count either way I think. Might as well get it now. With the EC tab, is this something you still recommend keeping refrigerated or would it be alright on the dresser with the rest of my arsenal? haha. I have my NOW Acidophilus in the fridge and it's a giant pain in my a$$

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to buy the larger count either way I think. Might as well get it now. With the EC tab, is this something you still recommend keeping refrigerated or would it be alright on the dresser with the rest of my arsenal? haha. I have my NOW Acidophilus in the fridge and it's a giant pain in my a$$
Gut Health is shelf stable and requires no refrigeration at all.

As long as you don't keep it in your car's glove box, the organisms are QUITE hearty.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should have a price for y'all by end of week, and some betas for sale as soon as next week.

Waiting on one more ingredient for the carrier to give it that special dsade touch.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
if your carrier has the dsade touch handy..you in fact, are a special kind of man :afro:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Are you selling it in one month supplies or in a bigger quantity?

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I believe that he said a bottle should last 6 weeks.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe that he said a bottle should last 6 weeks.
correct. I want everyone to be able to give the product a fair chance before needing to make the reorder decision.

6 weeks should be ample time.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
dibs on the beta! :p i placed an order from NP yesterday and i figured i'd try out some gut health and noxidant after i finish my miracle reds.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
i r impatient. :D just showing some more interest, and waiting for the write-up!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i r impatient. :D just showing some more interest, and waiting for the write-up!
Writeup should be posted by end of week...just doing the finishing touches.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
do you think it would be on NP by monday or tuesday next week ? cause im making an order lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you think it would be on NP by monday or tuesday next week ? cause im making an order lol
Not until the end of the week...still waiting on the bottle to arrive.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Not until the end of the week...still waiting on the bottle to arrive.
ill buy it on a zip lock bag it doesnt matter :) ill send you used havoc and gut health bottles to get them refilled with this :D

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I will hold off on my order until this comes out then!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
mrchristian Supplement Logs 91