Virile Mane - Hair anyone?

dave44

Awards
I got some decent results along the hairline. It helped turn some mins to full.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use this every night, only once a day after a shower. Does it work??? No one has said to me that I look like I'm going bald like they did last year, after I loose the hat for spring. Not sure either way, but I'm going to continue this for awhile. Just now getting to the bottom of the first bottle, 1 more to go. I really want to see how this stuff works during the summer. ( if it does?)
One thing I can say is ...I do think it is ridding me of grey hair. Started to notice where I applied it my hair was less grey, so I started applying along the sides recently and seems to be working :dunno: Time will tell.
I do take vitamins, no steriods or pro hormone, but I do drink like a fish, which I hear is not good for hair, but...
How is your antioxidant intake? It's crucial with any significant alcohol intake.

grove12345

Awards
i like this stuff dsade, i used to use it 2x a day when my hair was short.
But now with longer hair this stuff just gathers up and colors my scalp for like a week.

So i cut down to 7x a week. If there was a more liquid form with a lighter color, i would go back to 15x a week.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i like this stuff dsade, i used to use it 2x a day when my hair was short.
But now with longer hair this stuff just gathers up and colors my scalp for like a week.

So i cut down to 7x a week. If there was a more liquid form with a lighter color, i would go back to 15x a week.
We are actually getting a LOT of requests to come out with a version for women/longer hair that would involve a thinner carrier without compromising the actives.

With the new product releases lately, it's been hard for me to hit the lab and experiment, but I found something interesting today that might help make this an easier modification.

fatcat

Awards
dsade, are there any dht inhibitor in VM? and what is it?

I would love if your formula was similiar to dr Lee's minoxidil. Less Propylene glycol? something that you don't need to wash out the next morning. liquid based instead of cream.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, are there any dht inhibitor in VM? and what is it?

I would love if your formula was similiar to dr Lee's minoxidil. Less Propylene glycol? something that you don't need to wash out the next morning. liquid based instead of cream.
A non-PG liquid base is what I just found. Something that will NOT be alcohol based, non-greasy, while still still being absorbed decently.

It will still be an emulsion, as proper scalp conditioning is essential, but it will be much thinner.

The Peppermint was included as an anti-androgen. I have another ingredient that I want ed to place in the original formula that at the time did not have the proper evidence which is just now coming to light.

ValiantINC

Awards
The science and my results were posted. Are those results guaranteed the same for everyone? No.

Results? What results?I hope your'e joking. If you look at those pics anyone can tell you lighting and angles and parting of the hair all played a roll in the "results".

Is it fair, or douchy, to accuse people of something because their results do not match others? Since nobody knows how strict his regimen was, other habits that might damage hair, etc in this case it comes across as extremely douchy.

I might be douchy to you and "the body wizard" (most likely a schill) for stating that this product did not work and the same has gone for my friend and cousin. But I STRONGLY believe other people need an opinion of someone who's been using this for a long time with no change in routine. I know how strict my regimen was, this is why I am voicing my opinion. I don't suffer from bad habits fortunately, (no smoke, no drink, good diet, excersize, no JUICE)

To claim that magically after ceasing VM (how long did he use VM?) his hair "returned to normal" is just ridiculous - and to assault my character...well, that's just douchy.

How long you ask? 4 months+ and yes my hair seems better. Am I allowed to post my experience?

Most customers, even loyal customers from the rest of my product line, are skeptically awaiting longer-term feedback - and I have no problem with that. Anyone that knows me - to accuse me of being willing to destroy my reputation to sell a few hundred bottles is just plain ignorant.

I don't have a problem with your reputation as my cousin and people I trust...trust you. He's the one who told me about this. He actually quit and hes been on it longer than me You can only use your reputation for so long. Hopefully it doesn't get damaged from one of the hardest things to accomplish...better hair

Most of the feedback is get is still from those that do not choose, for personal reasons, to post public feedback.
Uh huh.Keep telling your audience this it won't last long as people will ask for proof after this product has been out for so many months. The truth will come to light.

I'm obvioulsy not in good company here. I understand you are a part of this forum and what better place for you to release a product.. . .Can you say bias?

Obviously people are uncomfortable placing their bad experiences here because look at what the "body wizard" went ahead and did. Negged me as if I could give a flying fck and sent me a dirty private message which I would not mind posting if people here do not believe me. All I have to say like someone else did in this thread earlier:

Do not rely on an experiment to save your hair. Basically this is what this stuff is. A big "experiment" with BIG promises and HYPE only a few guys saying they are doing GREAT even though they post NO PICTURES.

Do not listen to these supporters who are not posting pics.

Dsade-I made sure to to stay religious to applications which were originally once a night. Then I went to twice a day. My hair thinned even more at twice a day so I kicked back to once at night. My diet is clean- lean meat/veggies(green)/low sodium nuts/oranges/bananas/berries and if I ingest any type of carb other than from fruit... It's from a whole wheat product which isnt that often. No refined sugars or cheeses or enriched products. I take omega 3s, mag oil, iodine, cardio and have good sleep hygiene.

People see stuff they want to believe.

What did I accuse you of exactly Dsade? Nothing.

Body wizard.. you don't even deserve the time of the day. All I will write is post your pics to "back up" your experience you schill. You can neg me all you want but I promise you if you do not act professionally OTHER more lucrative FORUMS will hear a lot of bad experiences with Virile mane. I don't like your reply one bit so let's please all act accordingly.

Pantherdawg

Awards
How is your antioxidant intake? It's crucial with any significant alcohol intake.
I take a multi,+ b's c's d's and e's, ha, cp, plus an animal flex pak in the evening. I only have a few(beers) every night after/during my hour on the stationary bike, but on my days off..:dunno:
Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if this is actually working on regrowing my hair,( no, I never took pics) but it is not hurting it at all and my hairloss is not getting worse so that is a good thing IMO. What I really noticed was my hair color where I've been applying vm, seems like my natural hair color minus the grey. (still have a few there) So I figured, what the hell, I'll just do some experimenting. A few weeks ago I started to apply this along the side's where my hair is super thick but very grey. The VM goes a long way and still have some left of the first bottle so I'm using it up. Some times I also dont feel like applying it either ( not often ) After a few more month of haircuts, I'll know for sure on the grey thing.
I really believe that the cold winters have a big effect on my hairloss. I dang near work outside and with the hats, dry skin ect..cant be good. Noticed last summer my hair seemed to look much fuller. My second bottle should last me through the summer, so we'll see what it's like come july/august. Still have plenty up top, just want to keep it that way.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Body wizard.. you don't even deserve the time of the day. All I will write is post your pics to "back up" your experience you schill. You can neg me all you want but I promise you if you do not act professionally OTHER more lucrative FORUMS will hear a lot of bad experiences with Virile mane. I don't like your reply one bit so let's please all act accordingly.

Let's take this in reverse, shall we?

I don't Like YOUR replies to me or to a guy I respect (but do not work for, douche) so I'll act in accordance with your behavior.

Nothing I say or do can give VM a black eye, here or elsewhere, as I am your worst nightmare: a satisfied customer - but I WILL neg you, and thanks for the permission (not that I need it, douche), just not right now: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ValiantINC again."

"Schill?" You must mean 'shill', someone who is planted in a crowd to raise "objections" yet be ultimately "persuaded" by the salesman, or to ask leading or 'softball' questions and be easily impressed by the pitch and the product. You're wrong. Pity: I could use the extra money.

You know nothing about me; ergo you know nothing of my worth. Fortunately, I need not consult you on anything - including the time of day - so have fun clutching at your righteous anger! THAT will certainly make the hair grow...on your palms....

You bought a product, didn't like the way it (didn't?) work - fine: shrug and move on, it happens to everybody (just not all w/ the same product).

Or keep acting like a douche. I really don't care.

ObTopic - I have found my before pics, from back when I was doing my 'Tropin run (3 years +/-). Now I only need to remember to ask the GF to stop sexing me long enough to take fresh pix of my head & hairline (it's *distracting*, even at my age). I'll make myself a note for this weekend.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Uh huh.Keep telling your audience this it won't last long as people will ask for proof after this product has been out for so many months. The truth will come to light.

I'm obvioulsy not in good company here. I understand you are a part of this forum and what better place for you to release a product.. . .Can you say bias?

Obviously people are uncomfortable placing their bad experiences here because look at what the "body wizard" went ahead and did. Negged me as if I could give a flying fck and sent me a dirty private message which I would not mind posting if people here do not believe me. All I have to say like someone else did in this thread earlier:

Do not rely on an experiment to save your hair. Basically this is what this stuff is. A big "experiment" with BIG promises and HYPE only a few guys saying they are doing GREAT even though they post NO PICTURES.

Do not listen to these supporters who are not posting pics.

Dsade-I made sure to to stay religious to applications which were originally once a night. Then I went to twice a day. My hair thinned even more at twice a day so I kicked back to once at night. My diet is clean- lean meat/veggies(green)/low sodium nuts/oranges/bananas/berries and if I ingest any type of carb other than from fruit... It's from a whole wheat product which isnt that often. No refined sugars or cheeses or enriched products. I take omega 3s, mag oil, iodine, cardio and have good sleep hygiene.

People see stuff they want to believe.

What did I accuse you of exactly Dsade?
Nothing.

What did you accuse me of? SImple, sir...you accused me of being a liar, cheat and thief.

You came here, posted no details about regimen or anything else, and accused me of selling "salad dressing" (implication that I am a thief and a cheat).

You also accused me of posting pictures for the specific purpose of misleading, which is calling me a liar.

Did you expect me to react differently when attacked by someone with no reputation, no details, and an unknown motive?

You also attacked the character of other members here..highly respected members, for no reason.

The professional relationship goes both ways..you cannot act like a ****, yet expect to be treated respectfully in return - then threaten to slander my company like the tantrum of a 3 year old.

as stated, I am sorry you did not get the results you were looking for. It seems, IF you are telling the truth (mind you, this is a conditional statement not an attack on your honesty) then you did give the product a fair trial and while it makes no sense to me, it just did not work for you. You cannot then extrapolate out that it works for nobody - nor automatically assail the reputation of anyone that claims that is IS working for them - and proceed to pass judgement. It didn't work for you, I am sorry that it didn't. Had I been a thief, I would not be selling the product for very little over cost while the product reputation grows - I would have launched a massive media blitz and charged $149 for it.

Have a good day, sir.

ValiantINC

Awards
Bodywizard you prove to be an internet tough guy who has something to prove to strangers on the internet. LOL!!

Quite pathetic if you ask me. I find it funny so yah talk about your steroid use some more and your alleged girlfiend. Also, I dont like to take the reverse route you flamer.

Hey dsade well for me your product was the equivalent of salad dressing as far as it being an effective treatment for MYSELF. No where in the thread did i state that this will not work for ANYONE. I hope it does work for many people. My intent was to warn those people who are relying only on this product as a sole source of treatment. A lot of irreversible damage can take place in 6 months. This product is in no way proven nor close to being PROVEN. So yea DSADE take the good with the bad like another poster said and dont act shcoked when someone tells you your product didnt do jack for them.

fatcat

Awards
Bodywizard you prove to be an internet tough guy who has something to prove to strangers on the internet. LOL!!

Quite pathetic if you ask me. I find it funny so yah talk about your steroid use some more and your alleged girlfiend. Also, I dont like to take the reverse route you flamer.

Hey dsade well for me your product was the equivalent of salad dressing as far as it being an effective treatment for MYSELF. No where in the thread did i state that this will not work for ANYONE. I hope it does work for many people. My intent was to warn those people who are relying only on this product as a sole source of treatment. A lot of irreversible damage can take place in 6 months. This product is in no way proven nor close to being PROVEN. So yea DSADE take the good with the bad like another poster said and dont act shcoked when someone tells you your product didnt do jack for them.
Valliant, it is time for you to move on. You made your point!

dollar662

Awards
  • Established

ValiantINC
I do not understand why you clog up this thread with this nonsense. I understand you are upset it didnt work for you and the negitive reviews are just as important as positive .BUT I do not see how getting involed in banter helps anyone make a choice on this product.

some questions arose reading the thread back

You started this on Dec 18th you also just started Andeogen are you certain that didnt add to the poor results????

Dsade,

I just received my first two bottles of Virile Mane. I've used Super Zix 2 now for about 4 months. Also, I just started Adenogen 3.5 weeks ago because I cannot tolerate minoxodil. I've researched adenosine quite thoroughly and it should do me some good here within the nex few months.

I need some direction here on what to do as far as my regimen. Also, I use nizoral about three times a week (only 1%) and everyonce in ahwile spread some TTO on the temples and frontal area of my head (2-3x week)

I have a feeling the adensoine product would work in synergy combined with Virile mane.. ?

than on 1/17 you posted
AFOX,

I am in a similar situation. No improvement since start just more diffuse thinning and the area on my crown got wider as well. . its been around 6-7 weeks for me.
6-7 weeks unless your calendar is different than mine (Which it maybe ) You are just under 4 weeks. since this timeline was grossly exaggerated one could calm your review could also be leaning in that direction

Anyway my point is how do you know 1 of the other few products you used didn’t cause your issues or if you are certain it is VM well so be it post your review and your findings and move acting childish doesn’t help anyone

This is a public forum and you should feel you can post HONEST reviews to help others make informed decisions but come on let’s just all try to act like adults when doing so

tgm45

Awards
Stop with the insults and negativity

ValiantINC, if you didn't come across as such a bitter whiny bitch I think a lot of people would take you more seriously. :rant2:

There is a H-U-G-E difference between saying that you tried something and it didn't work FOR YOU vs. posting outright insults about someone's character and profession. Anyone reading your most recent posts can see your true intent. Good luck finding something that works for you, although if the person you present through your posts is genuinely who you are then good luck solving your much more important life karma issues.

I have been lurking here for a while and have pretty much read through this entire thread from start to finish (which surprises even me). Because there were so many other topics mentioned throughout, including the Vitamin D tips, I didn't want to miss anything.

My only criticism of Dsade would be that he seems to believe that the VM product can work for all cases of hair loss. I may be mistaken about that, but it's my impression via multiple responses. Considering how complex the issue is, and the multiple causes of it, including one's DNA, I don't see how that's possible or realistic.

With that said, I have been extremely impressed with his professionalism, helpfulness, and knowledge, and it's the main reason why I'm giving this product a try. Some have reported outstanding results; some have said they saw a little regrowth or that it at least seemed to halt their loss, while others say it did nothing for them.

These are the results shared for ALL hair loss prevention/cure products aren't they?

For just a few dollars I am trying something new to see if I can achieve better results than with my previous regimes. If it works FOR ME, great, I'll be very pleased and will keep buying it. If it doesn't, I don't believe it's because it's a shoddy product or that the person who developed it was trying to take advantage of anyone. It simply means it didn't work for me and my cause(s) of hair loss.

I won't come back here to slam Dsade and warn people to stay away. That would be stupid and just as unrealistic as the belief that there is any one product out there that can cure all cases of anything. For example, how many different pills are out there for headaches? I know which ones work for me and which ones don't because I have tried them. And what works for me doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone I recommend it to. This basic rule of medication isn't that hard to understand ... :duh:

I also fully accept that not everyone can keep their hair. Can we slow it down? Can we improve the health of the hair we do keep? Can we improve the condition of our scalp and follicles to increase our odds for regrowth success? Yes. Can we expect a product that's worked for many to work for everyone? No, but I won't know how this product works FOR ME until I give it a try. It's not like I'm having to sell my car to pay for it!

Thank you to everyone who has indirectly helped me through this thread! I have learned a ton and most of it has been a good read.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ValiantINC, if you didn't come across as such a bitter whiny bitch I think a lot of people would take you more seriously. :rant2:

There is a H-U-G-E difference between saying that you tried something and it didn't work FOR YOU vs. posting outright insults about someone's character and profession. Anyone reading your most recent posts can see your true intent. Good luck finding something that works for you, although if the person you present through your posts is genuinely who you are then good luck solving your much more important life karma issues.

I have been lurking here for a while and have pretty much read through this entire thread from start to finish (which surprises even me). Because there were so many other topics mentioned throughout, including the Vitamin D tips, I didn't want to miss anything.

My only criticism of Dsade would be that he seems to believe that the VM product can work for all cases of hair loss. I may be mistaken about that, but it's my impression via multiple responses. Considering how complex the issue is, and the multiple causes of it, including one's DNA, I don't see how that's possible or realistic.

With that said, I have been extremely impressed with his professionalism, helpfulness, and knowledge, and it's the main reason why I'm giving this product a try. Some have reported outstanding results; some have said they saw a little regrowth or that it at least seemed to halt their loss, while others say it did nothing for them.

These are the results shared for ALL hair loss prevention/cure products aren't they?

For just a few dollars I am trying something new to see if I can achieve better results than with my previous regimes. If it works FOR ME, great, I'll be very pleased and will keep buying it. If it doesn't, I don't believe it's because it's a shoddy product or that the person who developed it was trying to take advantage of anyone. It simply means it didn't work for me and my cause(s) of hair loss.

I won't come back here to slam Dsade and warn people to stay away. That would be stupid and just as unrealistic as the belief that there is any one product out there that can cure all cases of anything. For example, how many different pills are out there for headaches? I know which ones work for me and which ones don't because I have tried them. And what works for me doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone I recommend it to. This basic rule of medication isn't that hard to understand ... :duh:

I also fully accept that not everyone can keep their hair. Can we slow it down? Can we improve the health of the hair we do keep? Can we improve the condition of our scalp and follicles to increase our odds for regrowth success? Yes. Can we expect a product that's worked for many to work for everyone? No, but I won't know how this product works FOR ME until I give it a try. It's not like I'm having to sell my car to pay for it!

Thank you to everyone who has indirectly helped me through this thread! I have learned a ton and most of it has been a good read.
Great post! We appreciate your honest feedback!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys think about what these guys are saying is a potentially bad ingredient in Virile Mane thats causes more hairloss? There are a couple studies posted,ect.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=83564&highlight_key=y&keyword1=virile mane
Do you happen to have the full texts? As we already know, TRPV1 activation needs to be manipulated carefully with lower dosages (see the RK studies and effective dosage versus higher dosing) lest the negative effects noted there occur.

We use the same concentration used in the RK studies, but if you have the full texts showing the negative side effects at the same dosage I would definitely be interested in taking a look.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Do you happen to have the full texts? As we already know, TRPV1 activation needs to be manipulated carefully with lower dosages (see the RK studies and effective dosage versus higher dosing) lest the negative effects noted there occur.

We use the same concentration used in the RK studies, but if you have the full texts showing the negative side effects at the same dosage I would definitely be interested in taking a look.

No, i dont have the studies, this thread was just something i came across because i myself an interested in trying Virile Mane, but after reading this i am having second thoughts.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, i dont have the studies, this thread was just something i came across because i myself an interested in trying Virile Mane, but after reading this i am having second thoughts.
We actually cover this early in the thread. More is NOT better.

Jack of Shadows

Awards
Feeling a need to chime in...and, of course, not be a pr*ck.

But I have used this product for 6 months. I do not think I am over-dosing it, since in that time I am still not through my second bottle. Use it once per day - in the evening - after cleansing with Java Lustre (Which I think is great).

It really has not done anything to help with my hair loss. I cannot say for sure it has accelerated it, but it has not halted or reversed it.

And, no...no pictures. I do not need pictures to know my results.

I did not expect miracles, I did not expect it would work for everyone, and I was more than willing to give it a shot - and will continue using it since I have it, unless it becomes clear that it is detrimental. Unfortunately, hair loss is progressive, so it is hard to know when you have either slowed or accelerated it.

I do think the hype was well, hyperbolic - but it is what it is and if one lets that sway them, then they are foolish. Was it worth a shot? I would say so. But when my current stash is finished, I will not likely re-up.

I do not think there was anything malicious in the release and I hope it has worked and will continue to work for others.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Feeling a need to chime in...and, of course, not be a pr*ck.

But I have used this product for 6 months. I do not think I am over-dosing it, since in that time I am still not through my second bottle. Use it once per day - in the evening - after cleansing with Java Lustre (Which I think is great).

It really has not done anything to help with my hair loss. I cannot say for sure it has accelerated it, but it has not halted or reversed it.

And, no...no pictures. I do not need pictures to know my results.

I did not expect miracles, I did not expect it would work for everyone, and I was more than willing to give it a shot - and will continue using it since I have it, unless it becomes clear that it is detrimental. Unfortunately, hair loss is progressive, so it is hard to know when you have either slowed or accelerated it.

I do think the hype was well, hyperbolic - but it is what it is and if one lets that sway them, then they are foolish. Was it worth a shot? I would say so. But when my current stash is finished, I will not likely re-up.

I do not think there was anything malicious in the release and I hope it has worked and will continue to work for others.
Thanks for the decent review. Have you tried moving to twice a day? Also, do you massage the lotion into your forehead?

Jack of Shadows

Awards
Thanks for the decent review. Have you tried moving to twice a day? Also, do you massage the lotion into your forehead?
Just reporting my own experience.

I have not tried going to twice per day...mostly because it would mean changing the way I wear my hair. When I started I had very long hair. It is now much shorter, but it would still necessitate a change in style since I do not use any kind of gel in it. I could prbably make it work and would cerainly contemplate it seriously if it seemed to be a limiting factor in its effectiveness.

And, yes, I do massage it into all areas where I apply it, crown and forehead.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just reporting my own experience.

I have not tried going to twice per day...mostly because it would mean changing the way I wear my hair. When I started I had very long hair. It is now much shorter, but it would still necessitate a change in style since I do not use any kind of gel in it. I could prbably make it work and would cerainly contemplate it seriously if it seemed to be a limiting factor in its effectiveness.

And, yes, I do massage it into all areas where I apply it, crown and forehead.
I know what you mean. I personally have moved to using this twice a day and am seeing better results. I spend a good 2-3 minutes massaging in the product though, so there is nothing visible really left. We want the virile mane IN the skin, not ON it :).

Jack of Shadows

Awards
I know what you mean. I personally have moved to using this twice a day and am seeing better results. I spend a good 2-3 minutes massaging in the product though, so there is nothing visible really left. We want the virile mane IN the skin, not ON it :).
Thanks...I do work it in well, but it is usually in the hair as well. I will have to work out a plan for doing a morning/evening regimen and see if makes a difference.

grove12345

Awards
i was getting results with this stuff but so dark to put on. And since i dont shampoo everyday, hard to wash off.
So now im barely using this. If there was a clear on version. i will be all over it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was getting results with this stuff but so dark to put on. And since i dont shampoo everyday, hard to wash off.
So now im barely using this. If there was a clear on version. i will be all over it.
The nature of the actives makes a clear version impossible.

rosariorose9

Awards
This is UNBELIEVABLE! Do you have ANY idea how few guys get results from ANYTHING?? And those that do get results from the "big 3" (Fin, Minoxidil, Nizoral) usually experience very troubling 'sides' like diminished sex drive, puffiness, etc., etc. You're getting results and the only 'side' you're experiencing is that VM is "hard to wash off", so you're now barely using it. Amazing...

rocky1961

Awards
I am using virile mane with success since late Jan 09. I am a NW 6 so any new growth
becomes very obvious to me but there are hairs coming in and hairs that were intermediate in size have increased in length and thickened also.

I use VM in conjunction with a topical finasteride product called Nanominox FMS.Started using
Nanominox FMS in June 08.Not much was happening until I added VM.

Sorry Dsade,not trying to promote anyone elses products but I think the two are complementary. There was a study showing topical finasteride and oral finasteride perform the same so there is no reason to take oral fin.

pubmed.gov
PMID: 12894070, PMID: 19172031

Btw, Dsade I appreciate your straight forward nature in doing business and you appear quite knowledgeable in formulating this topical.

blind12

blind12

Awards
You're getting results and the only 'side' you're experiencing is that VM is "hard to wash off", so you're now barely using it. Amazing...
The side effect is not "hard to wash off" but "reddish brown hair" ;)

I'm not happy about having become a redhead :no:

I use a special "silverwhite" non permanent hair color to counter this "redhead effect".

And no, I'm not getting results but I do hope it's at least slowing down loss.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am using virile mane with success since late Jan 09. I am a NW 6 so any new growth
becomes very obvious to me but there are hairs coming in and hairs that were intermediate in size have increased in length and thickened also.

I use VM in conjunction with a topical finasteride product called Nanominox FMS.Started using
Nanominox FMS in June 08.Not much was happening until I added VM.

Sorry Dsade,not trying to promote anyone elses products but I think the two are complementary. There was a study showing topical finasteride and oral finasteride perform the same so there is no reason to take oral fin.

pubmed.gov
PMID: 12894070, PMID: 19172031

Btw, Dsade I appreciate your straight forward nature in doing business and you appear quite knowledgeable in formulating this topical.
I'm not offended at all...the simple fact is that I cannot add pharmaceuticals into an OTC product, but conversely pharms are quite limited in their approach as well.

If we can find a combination that works for the majority of users, then I will be extremely happy. Anyone is welcome to list their regimens in this thread, successful, unsuccessful, new, etc.

This is a complicated issue that will be solved by open experimentation and open council.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Hey all.

Has anyone seen any major shedding?

I have and am afraid of continuing the product for fear of more shedding.
I apply it 2 times a day (once in the morning, once before bed) 4 pea size droplets. I massage it in for 1-2 minutes and let it sit.

Anyways here is my log
f o r u m . b o d y b u i l d i n g . c o m/showthread.php?p=333918381&pos ted=1#post333918381

let me know what you think of it.

take the spaces out, this forum doesn;t allow url posting without 50 posts.

Meerspace

Meerspace

Awards
I want to give virale mane a go. Currently I'm holding on to decent results but I believe I'm @ a plateau with current regimen of 1mg finasteride, 30mg minox, retinin a, azelaic acid, spironolactone, a 200 diode laser helmet, a 2.5 mm derma roller, and toco 8. Maybe virale mane will help push for that last bit of regrowth.

scb2121

Awards
Been using Virile Mane and Nox stack for a little over a week, my girlfriend doesn't know I'm using them but has been telling me she see's little "baby hairs" where I have been applying it. Another great product RPN

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My growth is speeding back up again as the weather warms up.

I had also ran out of my personal supply of J. Lustre and had been using regular shampoo. After a few weeks my scalp was always itchy and I got a strange breakout.

Back to the lustre and things cleared right up. Scary stuff, that cheap shampoo.

scb2121

Awards
I gotta try the lustre, the shampoo i use is ok but pretty cheap. I'll throw it on with my Alphaburn order when that shows up.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta try the lustre, the shampoo i use is ok but pretty cheap. I'll throw it on with my Alphaburn order when that shows up.
I was hoping it would have been up last night, since I paid a huge overnight shipping charge to get them there by Monday - but looks like it won't be up until Monday.

fatcat

Awards
After two months on VM my scalp is having a allergic reaction to the product. I had this problem using essential oils in the past. Certain Essential oils (varies from company to company) would leave my scalp red and leaking puss.

I was doing fine with VM until now. Is it possible the product has turned rancid? Like to continue but it is now unbearable to use. should i purchase another bottle? Anyone experienced this before?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After two months on VM my scalp is having a allergic reaction to the product. I had this problem using essential oils in the past. Certain Essential oils (varies from company to company) would leave my scalp red and leaking puss.

I was doing fine with VM until now. Is it possible the product has turned rancid? Like to continue but it is now unbearable to use. should i purchase another bottle? Anyone experienced this before?
What I have noticed is increased sensitivity to detergent-containing shampoos - to the point where even one use causes itching, dryness, and irritation.

What kind of shampoo are you using?

fatcat

Awards
What I have noticed is increased sensitivity to detergent-containing shampoos - to the point where even one use causes itching, dryness, and irritation.

What kind of shampoo are you using?

dsade, i know it's not my shampoos. I been using the same shampoo forever.
It has to do with virile mane. I'm using it every other day now and day i apply vm the next morining my scalp itch so severly. Speck of blood and puss are all over my frontal area. I been thru this before with Essential oils.
It's an allergic reaction. Funny i was good until recently.

sktec

Awards
After more than 6 months use, I it is time for me to decide to drop the use of VM. I had some hopes in the beginning and gave it all my commitment to apply it and used the J L shampoo after parting with Revita. Sadly, I can say it is the first product I used that "accelerated" my hairloss to the extent now I see much more scalp than before. Trust, I am not wiriting to attack dsade, he must have put a lot of effrots to come into this formula with some research behind it. So it maybe my case only, but I do advise anyone to be cautious and if things started to get bad in the first three months, they won't get any better.....maybe the ingredients individually are fine but the combination of them is counter-productive. Anyway, best of luck to all , and now my hope is to try to recover back what I lost................

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
After more than 6 months use, I it is time for me to decide to drop the use of VM. I had some hopes in the beginning and gave it all my commitment to apply it and used the J L shampoo after parting with Revita. Sadly, I can say it is the first product I used that "accelerated" my hairloss to the extent now I see much more scalp than before. Trust, I am not wiriting to attack dsade, he must have put a lot of effrots to come into this formula with some research behind it. So it maybe my case only, but I do advise anyone to be cautious and if things started to get bad in the first three months, they won't get any better.....maybe the ingredients individually are fine but the combination of them is counter-productive. Anyway, best of luck to all , and now my hope is to try to recover back what I lost................
I have to agree with you. VM may work for some people but for others, its a revolutionary accelerated hair reducer.

f o r u m . b o d y b u i l d i n g . c o m /showthread.php?t=114915371

Not trying to bash, just putting it out there for other consumers to be notified.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
My VM progress in 6 months still on my first bottle so apparently I'm not using much. I've only been applying directly at my hairline once a day at night after cleaning with banish soap.

Its not very easy to see on the foto's but my hairline has progressed about 1/3th of an inch in the front center. The temples a little less, maybe 1/5th inch, a bit more on the right side then the left.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
mrchristian Supplement Logs 91