Virile Mane - Hair anyone?

rammerman

Awards
i dont get this

werent we getting reports from people experiencing thickening and regrowth as early as 3 weeks???? where did they go?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont get this

werent we getting reports from people experiencing thickening and regrowth as early as 3 weeks???? where did they go?
Reports from users are in this thread, but most people don't want to read.

I think that particular inquiry was more about photos, etc, which will take some time to finally come out. That's one of the main reasons I am putting my own head of hair out there as an example - in pretty much real time. When you start showing obvious new growth and the only new factors in your regimen are listed, then at the VERY least you know it's working and can anticipate what results will hopefully be like at 3 and 6 months.

rammerman

Awards
dsade

i am well aware that the reports are in this thread....im just wondering why all of a sudden this thread has gone from "im seeing thickening and regrowth at 3 weeks" to " give it 3-6 months like any other hair treatment"......

dont get me wrong - i said i was excited about this product and i still am, but i have not yet been on it for a week, so i have no feedback to report....

but this is what usually happens with every new hair treatment.....initial reports that say i am seeing thickening, followed by a lull in updates, and eventually reports stall out, and the product is thrown into the pile of other snake oils

i am not saying that is the case with VM - i am still optimistic that i will see some visible signs within the next few weeks, whereas i saw none from years on minox or propecia....

i have been around the hair loss community for a long time, on many sites and many boards....i am still optimistic - cautious, but optimistic about VM

SgtRotti

Awards
guess I'll post a quick update...

no more shedding what so ever. I can really rub VM in and still no hairs come out. Hair is thickening each week. Libido is just fine. Still love the smell, but I am seeing the flakes that come out of the bottle more and more..mine are white however, not black or dark like others have posted.

Thats all for now..not much else to report. I believe its been about 3.5 weeks or so.

I really can;t believe that people actually think this topical would cause loss of libido..and some one even said it caused loss of libido in 2 days..wtf??lol

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dsade

i am well aware that the reports are in this thread....im just wondering why all of a sudden this thread has gone from "im seeing thickening and regrowth at 3 weeks" to " give it 3-6 months like any other hair treatment"......

What, you want a day-by-day report on a hair regrowth product? :lol: Lolzors

My hair loss seems a bit slower, and I'm seeing lots of new little hairs pop up in my temples. LOTS. After a month or so. Of course we'll have to wait 3-6 to get the full picture, maybe more. Right now it looks very promising.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
I really can;t believe that people actually think this topical would cause loss of libido..and some one even said it caused loss of libido in 2 days..wtf??lol
Good things about the VM!

Seriously, though - what are you taking that allows you to laugh at the concerns of others?

rammerman

Awards
poison

are they all vellous? or any thicker?

btw dsade, my flakes in VM are also white....any concerns with that?

frangipani68

Awards
Cessation of hairloss is pretty close to immediate, but harder to judge.

Growth should occur noticeably within 2-3 weeks, coming in as "dark stubby sprouts" which will be easy to spot.
Now why are those defending VM saying anything that claimed regrowth in less than three to six months would be concerned it was snake oil?? Hmmm..

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Now why are those defending VM saying anything that claimed regrowth in less than three to six months would be concerned it was snake oil?? Hmmm..

there's a difference between seeing new growth and overall cosmetic improvement.

I personally have a lot of young hairs growing through already, which I started noticing probably around week 3-4, some a good .5cm forward of the hairline... overall however my hair is no better off yet because of the amount of shedding i've been having too, and because these hairs aren't yet as long as the rest of my hair. I don't see why that is a difficult concept to grab?

Of course it'll vary from person to person, and given i took a while to respond to fin&minox i don't imagine i'll be the quickest responder here either. I am also not responsible for any claims dsade may make, nor he for any i make, and it is just my personal opinion that 3-6 months is a realistic time frame for tangible improvement.

I hope you've been fed well off this, because I won't respond to any more trolling

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
hmmm not seeing enough positive reviews just seeing alot posts saying they got theirs in the mail today. Hope its not a scam guys.
lol wtf dude, read the whole thread then, I posted several times on my growth, including photo's for proof. Also several others have reported on growth. Might go slower for some then others, but I had significant new growth within 2 weeks personally.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade

dont get me wrong - i said i was excited about this product and i still am, but i have not yet been on it for a week, so i have no feedback to report....

but this is what usually happens with every new hair treatment.....initial reports that say i am seeing thickening, followed by a lull in updates, and eventually reports stall out, and the product is thrown into the pile of other snake oils

i am not saying that is the case with VM - i am still optimistic that i will see some visible signs within the next few weeks, whereas i saw none from years on minox or propecia....

i have been around the hair loss community for a long time, on many sites and many boards....i am still optimistic - cautious, but optimistic about VM
I prefer to look at the entire subject as follows: Hair thinning/loss/balding are the cosmetic manifestations of a chain of deep metabolic/physiological insults that lasted weeks, months, or years. As you know, in order to re-stimulate hair growth, these intricate metabolic/physiological processes must first of all be arrested and then reversed. This arresting and reversing of deep cellular malfunctioning can legitimately last weeks, month, years, depending on a combination of the active agents used in the hair-regrowth formula and the state of the individual's physiological processes. Considering that we all react differently to the same metabolic stimulus, we are likely to experience Virile Mane differently. Some may see results in as early as three weeks, others may need five, while seven weeks (more or less) may be a more realistic time span for some. Again, as you know, this is why manufacturers of hair-regrowth products prefer to give a time span of three to six months. Even at that, some take years to show results. Stimulating hair regrowth is a very complex process. Day-to-day changes may be harder to tell than week-to-week changes, or even month-to-month changes.
So, to summarize, Virile Mane is truly innovative. The fact that some users have seen results after three weeks is enough to put it at the top of the pack. Others will see results earlier or later. Arresting and reversing dysfunctional metabolic events take time. So, let's give Virile Mane some time. In doing that, it might help to always keep in mind that users react differently (on a time-scale) to the same stimulus.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Good post Strategicmove :)

Anyways Dsade whatever you do, don't stop bringin out these type of innovative products, I'm buying them all :head:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I've been real busy, sorry I haven't dropped in!

To the guy who thinks this is a potential scam, please check out the log I am running. The link is in my signature. I said this about 5 pages of coversation ago in this thread. There have been multiple sets of pictures since I began taking VM about a month ago and they show clearly and drastically how well it works.

If you are truly too lazy to click a link and see it in my log (and save hundreds of thousands of dollars over similar type products), I will post them on this thread for you to see.

A great product that truly deserves all the praise it has gotten already.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
poison

are they all vellous? or any thicker?

btw dsade, my flakes in VM are also white....any concerns with that?
*runs google search def vellous* Why you gotta use big words on a bb forum, hmmm? :lol:

No, not baby fuzz at all, they're full on head hair, of different lengths all under 1/2in, leading me to believe hair growth is being stimulated very nicely.

SgtRotti

Awards
Good things about the VM!

Seriously, though - what are you taking that allows you to laugh at the concerns of others?
Seriously though...I am not laughing at concerns of others I am laughing at the false and obsurd accusations that any product ..topical or not could actually make you lose your sexual functions or desire in 2 days! Propecia doesn;t even do that! It is entirely a lack of common sense that some one would blame VM for that...understand? It's the latter half of my post that is quite comical.

What does "what I am taking" have to do with anything? If I was taking propecia (which I have), would that give me the right to say what I said?

Not sure where you are going with this..but concerns are one thing...being absolutley out in left field is another.

SgtRotti

Awards
One thing I love about VM...is the fact that it contains products that I was basically going to "gather" and start taking on my own. So it saves the hassle of shopping around,paying $$,figuring out application types and amounts etc..

It combines them all into one easy application at a fraction of the cost (figuring in gas,time,buying each product individually,applicators).

It saved my hair from Niz as well..hair has become smooth again and actually looks and feels like my hair used to be. Not sure if it was MPB or the NIZ or what , but my hair was basically straw before VM.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the shelf life of Virile Mane?
The bottle forms a tight seal, and we kept water content to a minimum. We also used a potent germicide to inhibit any kind of organism growth.

Stored in a cool place, the bottle should easily retain potency for 1-2 years.

pavavrier

Awards
If I buy a bottle now on Nutra will I get the newest version or is a new version about to come out?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I buy a bottle now on Nutra will I get the newest version or is a new version about to come out?
The product nside the bottle will not change, just the packaging.

pavavrier

Awards
And when will the new packaging come out?

P.S. I have a feeling this product will soon be sold out big time... if that's the case when will it be available again?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And when will the new packaging come out?

P.S. I have a feeling this product will soon be sold out big time... if that's the case when will it be available again?
after their stock is gone, they won't be resupplied until after christmas.

bigbollox

Awards
I've been real busy, sorry I haven't dropped in!

To the guy who thinks this is a potential scam, please check out the log I am running. The link is in my signature. I said this about 5 pages of coversation ago in this thread. There have been multiple sets of pictures since I began taking VM about a month ago and they show clearly and drastically how well it works.

If you are truly too lazy to click a link and see it in my log (and save hundreds of thousands of dollars over similar type products), I will post them on this thread for you to see.

A great product that truly deserves all the praise it has gotten already.
--------------------------------------------

I can't sem to find any pics on that log.

can you supply a link please ?

cheers.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This is my head in the beginning. You can see that the back is very thin and there is an overall sense of thin(pic 1). You can tell that my "peaks" are very bad and it's thin all throughout (pic2)

This is the pic taken about 2 weeks in. You can already see that it is getting slightly more full on the top of my head.

These were taken at around 1 month or so. You can see that the "peaks" are starting to fill in with small hairs that are beginning growth process(pic1). You can tell that the top is starting to fill in even more at this point(pic2)

This is all just from the first month. I will be continuing for AT least 6 months on that log. The pictures are all throughout. It's a log that has been run for 60 something days already....so you may have to search a bit to find the pics. It will run straight through early March.

grove12345

Awards
thanks for posting updates. i unfortunaly dont see the change. but imagine if i did after only 1 month. I notice the hair cut makes things less tangled and hair can be more straight and cover more scalp. thats what i do... i think.

not sure how it can fill in in 1month. hair has to grow out first to fill in. a miracle alone is seeing little sprouts in 1 month. see any little guys on the scalp?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Giggity giggity!!! 9 months of Virile Mane arrived today! DSADE, how do you think I should setup/approach my log? PM?

bigbollox

Awards
CTDeuce

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your pics. Very much appreciated.

Unfortunately i can't really tell very much from them either. You know your hair better than anyone so i'm sure you are getting growth so keep up the good work buddy.

G. Onad.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
CT sorry if I missed it anywhere, but have you tried other attempts at hair regrowth in the past?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

left side, taken today.

Right side, taken today.

New growth is VERY apparent, and now almost 1/4" long (with some even newer about 1/8") and becoming more dense. The pics don't pick it up, but there is also a carpet of blond hair there, too (you can catch the gleam sort of).

grove12345

Awards
cool can you get a b4 shot of those same exact angles?
though i imagine the new hairs you are talking about are the hairs filling in in that temple region.
though while not amazing, its been how long for you. 1 month? And if hair can be regrwon there, then your hairline should pick up i imagine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool can you get a b4 shot of those same exact angles?
though i imagine the new hairs you are talking about are the hairs filling in in that temple region.
though while not amazing, its been how long for you. 1 month? And if hair can be regrwon there, then your hairline should pick up i imagine.
I am in week 6.

The only pics I have are posted here already. I hadn't planned on being the public test case for this, honestly, but nobody else wanted to be the first one.

I have been concentrating on the temple region, because that is the area that makes me LOOK bald the most - not the top.

scottyc33

Awards
I am in week 6.

The only pics I have are posted here already. I hadn't planned on being the public test case for this, honestly, but nobody else wanted to be the first one.

I have been concentrating on the temple region, because that is the area that makes me LOOK bald the most - not the top.
Dsade, how often are you applying and how much on each temple?

Also, what other things are you using and/or supplementing with that might be aiding the regrowth?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, how often are you applying and how much on each temple?

Also, what other things are you using and/or supplementing with that might be aiding the regrowth?
I've been using twice a day applications, and about a half a pea sized amount on each temple area.

I am using Java Lustre, and taking NOxidant.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
CT sorry if I missed it anywhere, but have you tried other attempts at hair regrowth in the past?
I have tried Spectral DNC+RS in the past as well as many attempts with products like Biotin and Saw Palmetto. I had no luck with Spectral at all...nor the pills.

My situation is very similar to Dsades so maybe I should take these pics from different angles. I am growing in the peak or temple area quite quickly and the top is filling in as well (which I personally can definitely tell).

Within the next few days i'll take some different angle pics to try and help out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to have to get my haircut tomorrow or Monday...this is ridiculous. It's already totally grown out in front.

frangipani68

Awards
Thanks for the pics! I'm just curious why on pg 27 of this thread, the new growth was between 1/2 - 3/4" long, and now that you need a haircut, it's only 1/4" or less?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how often are people applying? 2x or 1x a day?
I'm going with twice a day applications right now. Actually pretty difficult to say if it's making a difference.

While I would love to tell everyone to use it twice a day (hey, more product sold) it's too early to tell if it's speeding things up. It actually seems to be holding pace, but hasn't negatively affected (CGRP depletion).

rammerman

Awards
dsade

is there a problem with experimenting by applying 2x a day to half my scalp to see how it reacts compared to the other half that gets 1 application a day?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

is there a problem with experimenting by applying 2x a day to half my scalp to see how it reacts compared to the other half that gets 1 application a day?
Actually, that is a good idea.

Reps for actually thinking (I should have actually done that).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the pics! I'm just curious why on pg 27 of this thread, the new growth was between 1/2 - 3/4" long, and now that you need a haircut, it's only 1/4" or less?
That was about 8 days ago. The VM applications not only seem to be growing new growth (check the pics posted today, and you will various lengths all over the front temples) but accelerating the growth of existing hairs in those areas.

I didn't get my haircut all that long ago, and I usually go 2 months or so between them, which is why I am surprised that I need a haircut again.

I'm not talking about the new growth needing to be cut already, but the hair that was there growing long.

scottyc33

Awards
I'm going with twice a day applications right now. Actually pretty difficult to say if it's making a difference.

While I would love to tell everyone to use it twice a day (hey, more product sold) it's too early to tell if it's speeding things up. It actually seems to be holding pace, but hasn't negatively affected (CGRP depletion).
Wait a sec, it's possible to over-use Virile Mane?

Dsade, I have a product called Hair Muck that I was trying prior to using Virile Mane.

It contains Glycerin, Corn oil, Beta Sitosterol, Saw Palmetto, Polysorbate 80, BHT.

Would this conflict in any way with VM?
Do you think using VM in the morning and Hair Muck in the evening might be a good approach?

rosariorose9

Awards
^^^

That's exactly what I plan to do when my VM finally arrives. I'll be using it with Super Zix II - one in morning and the other at night.

scottyc33

Awards
^^^

That's exactly what I plan to do when my VM finally arrives. I'll be using it with Super Zix II - one in morning and the other at night.
Great minds think alike.

Actually, I think I am going to use the Hair Muck in the morning and the Virile Mane in the evening.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait a sec, it's possible to over-use Virile Mane?

Dsade, I have a product called Hair Muck that I was trying prior to using Virile Mane.

It contains Glycerin, Corn oil, Beta Sitosterol, Saw Palmetto, Polysorbate 80, BHT.

Would this conflict in any way with VM?
Do you think using VM in the morning and Hair Muck in the evening might be a good approach?
Looks like an ok formula, nothing special. I haven't seen too much compelling research behind the two active topically, anyway. Theoretically they might work to block DHT, which would, indeed, help.

Be careful of skin blockage with the Corn Oil/Glycerin blend.

If you are going to combine them, I HIGHLY recommend Virile Mane at night. There is some proposed interaction between the mechanisms we are manipulating and nighttime Growth hormone release that makes nighttime before bed the ideal time to use it.

scottyc33

Awards
Looks like an ok formula, nothing special. I haven't seen too much compelling research behind the two active topically, anyway. Theoretically they might work to block DHT, which would, indeed, help.

Be careful of skin blockage with the Corn Oil/Glycerin blend.

If you are going to combine them, I HIGHLY recommend Virile Mane at night. There is some proposed interaction between the mechanisms we are manipulating and nighttime Growth hormone release that makes nighttime before bed the ideal time to use it.
Yeah, I had been using it with Minox for a few months and it wasn't doing anything special for me but I figure if I'm going to only use the VM once per day (in the evening), then I might as well use something (hopefully somewhat complimentary) in the morning.

BuffaloBilly

Awards
Hey dsade. I just ordered the VM and the java shampoo. I have been fighting my thinning hair for nearly 10 years. I have tried everything from FDA approved products to complete scams. I plan on using only the VM and java shampoo for the next 3 months. Applying the VM only at night. If this works, even somewhat, I will be buying it for a very long time.

Mostly I need thickening and not so much regrowth, so I really hope it helps to thicken my existing hair. Thanks. I will provide my updates on this board.

rosariorose9

Awards
My VM finally arrived today. Yeah!! Deep reddish brown color and quite thick (perhaps a result of the cold temps here?). Funny, the dispenser 'nozzle ' of the top is sealed, but the top itself can be easily removed without disturbing that seal! LOL!

Anyway, excited to start the regimen, and will post my results - good or otherwise - as time goes by...

ValiantINC

Awards
Dsade,

I just received my first two bottles of Virile Mane. I've used Super Zix 2 now for about 4 months. Also, I just started Adenogen 3.5 weeks ago because I cannot tolerate minoxodil. I've researched adenosine quite thoroughly and it should do me some good here within the nex few months.

I need some direction here on what to do as far as my regimen. Also, I use nizoral about three times a week (only 1%) and everyonce in ahwile spread some TTO on the temples and frontal area of my head (2-3x week)

I have a feeling the adensoine product would work in synergy combined with Virile mane.. ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade,

I just received my first two bottles of Virile Mane. I've used Super Zix 2 now for about 4 months. Also, I just started Adenogen 3.5 weeks ago because I cannot tolerate minoxodil. I've researched adenosine quite thoroughly and it should do me some good here within the nex few months.

I need some direction here on what to do as far as my regimen. Also, I use nizoral about three times a week (only 1%) and everyonce in ahwile spread some TTO on the temples and frontal area of my head (2-3x week)

I have a feeling the adensoine product would work in synergy combined with Virile mane.. ?
I do too...and I actually had this on the initial ingredient list - but it just doesn't have clearcut evidence at this point - only understanding of mechanism.

It should work hand in hand with the Carnitine and the rest of the ingredient profile, to speed things up IMO.

TTO? Not familiar with the acronym. :)

I would probably try Using the Nizoril in the morning with a light application of VM, then using the VM with a full dosage right before bedtime.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
mrchristian Supplement Logs 91