Virile mane log

rpetchen

Awards
Ill be receiving virile mane later today, but I wanted to go ahead and kick this off.

I've been losing my hair since I was 17, I'm 30 now, and my loss has been incredibly slow with general thinning all over the top and the destruction of my hair line.

Luckily, for the purposes of this log, I've had one spot on my hair line noticeably miniaturize over the past year. The spot is still full of weak thin hairs but if there's any success to be seen asap this is the spot.

The science behind this product is amazing. From someone who's been following the research on aga since 2005 I can say this is the single most comprehensive product I've seen that relies on the latest science and research. As in all things during this battle the challenge will be to see if the results in vitro transfer over to in vivo in human subjects. If we were all mice hair loss would have been solved long ago.

Ill be adding photos later today. In the short term ill be most interested in how my head looks after applying the product. I used the original back in 2008, and while I liked the ingredients I didn't use it for more than a few days because my head was stained an oily brown color. I also had the same problem with the 2014 enhanced version. I'm hoping that's not the case this time around because im salvitating over the ingredient profile.

rpetchen

Awards
Good news! The new Virile Mane comes out a dark gooey brown but after rubbing it in it's no longer visible.

Just a little more background - as I said I've been slowly losing my hair since I was 17 and was a member of many of the major hair loss forums back in the mid 2000's. I'm not posting any of this on those sights because they've devolved into name calling, insults, arguments, etc.

The pictures below are after my first application of Virile Mane. The front of my head is red because I'm going to experiment a bit with wounding using a derma stamp. If Virile Mane is able to activate the WNT pathways then wounding could be incredibly effective.

Minoxidil - I'm going to continue to use Minoxidil once a day. The latest theory on why Minoxidil works is based on it's PGE1 agonist properties. PGE1 is a positive for hair growth. This is speculation on my part, but I believe the reason Minoxidil isn't effective for many is the PGE1 antagonism is overshadowed by a multitude of other factors. If Virile Mane is able to hit so many of the other angles I'm hoping Minoxidils effects on hair growth by PGE1 antagonism will be
enhanced.

As I said in my initial post I'm expecting any initial improvement to first be obvious towards the front of my hairline in the red area. This is the area that has noticeably thinned since last summer and as such there's still a ton of small vellus hairs in the area.

I'm hoping to continue this for a minimum of three months. I know people here are expecting improvement in a matter of weeks but typically hair just doesn't grow that fast. By the three month mark I should be able to get an idea of what's happening.

I also keep my hair buzzed using a 1" guard once a week. For the purposes of this log I will continue this. My hair style and length will stay the same so any improvements will be all the more obvious. I'll also do my best to take pictures from the same angle and in the same lighting.

0412171957.jpg

0412171957a.jpg

0412171957d.jpg

0412171957e.jpg

rpetchen

Awards
I'm hesitant to give this brief update because it's only been five days which is far too soon to draw any conclusions. However, and I'm not making any claims other than what's noticeable to me, it appears the vellus hairs at the very front of my hair line are more noticeable in terms of quantity and length. Like I said, 5 days is far too short of a time to make any definitive claims, but as someone who pays close attention to the minor changes in their hair this little change sticks out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surprisingly, the front hairline seems to respond more quickly than the crown.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
My hair sucks too bro I'll be following this closely. Have you read some of the comments on follidrone 2 there's a few people saying that it's making their hair thicker. I've got some in the post should be here soon. Also botanical craft has good reviews too.