Unusual training approach: "EOD feeder exercises for ALL muscles"

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What if a another disease caused or I should say heavily contributed? Like type 1 diabetes or Hashimoto's? Not sure I that is spelled right.
Many diseases are differentiated by primary and secondary causes. If you study diseases long enough, you start to see patterns that a lot of them are really tightly interlinked.

Of course, then the vagueness comes about again - what is a symptom and what is a secondary disease? Is my neovascular glaucoma a secondary disease, or is it just a symptom of diabetes? Or both?

I guess it comes down to many factors. If you get fat next week it doesn't mean you get diabetes, high blood pressure thyroid problems etc etc. If you keep being fat for 10 years you'd probably do damage to your body but it's highly individual just like smoking. Some people get cancer without smoking some just don't get cancer even when smoking a package a day. I think this diseased state at least in my opinion should be based on if this person has developed any signs of damage to the body because obese people can still walk around with a better blood pressure than a guy that's working out and living healthy even if the chances of that happening would greatly decrease.
First off, finding someone who is healthy AND obese is going to be exceedingly rare. Not saying impossible; but if you are 20+ pounds over the top weight for your height then all kinds of risk factors go up. You can feel fine and think you are OK and have no overt symptoms - but a lot of diabetics walking around with blood sugar at 300 don't show any overt symptoms either until they go and get a test and the Dr. goes, "Oh sh1t!"

And diseases often have many factors/underlying causes/possibilities. Again, I use lung cancer because we don't seem to have much issue with re-victimizing smokers and holding them accountable for their lung cancer (nor should we) - but smoking is one potential cause, it is not the result.

In the same way, over eating is just about the only cause of primary obesity (you could say under-exercising or whatever; I know there are shades of gray) - but it is not the result. Obesity is the result, the disease. I don't care if you have secondary diseases or symptoms from obesity or not. If you have normal blood pressure and normal cholesterol, but you carry 100 pounds of fat on your 250 pound body - things are broken. Your fat cells are endocrine sites, and even if you are devoid of symptoms, you will have elevated leptin, reduced adiponectin, some form of insulin resistance (even if it is very minor), reduced dopamine receptor density, etc. Getting fat itself messes all these things up and perpetuates the cycle.

Of course, I guess to play devil's advocate a little - I guess someone walking around with low testosterone who feels fine may not be viewed as "diseased" either....

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is this the Disease Control Hotline Thread? KML

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The 21's session yesterday left me with doms in my chest. Now firing on the grill for a BBQ.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BBQ............. I'll be right over !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep cramping from pec flies earlier today. What’s on the menu?
Meat. Lots of it. Probably cow (at least that what it says on the packaging). No idea what the cuttings are called in English. "Vacio" and "Tapa de Cuadril" - now you know. :)

Over here its all grass fed. It has a typical strong flavor. Its from cows being outsides all their life.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Grass fed is the best !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea but hopefully grain finished. Its all about that marbling
What is the point in getting anything grass fed and grain finished? From my understanding All of the benefit of being grass fed is lost during the last 6 months of being grain fed. The higher omega 3 content from grass feeding and whatnot is pretty much gone by then. Might as well just eat the cheaper grain fed option.

Now grain fed and grass finished will still have pretty good marbling, but being finished on the grass will increase the omega 3s and other nutrient they get from grass feeding.

Hope the BBQ was off the chain!

What do you have planned for today?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yum. Meat.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woof. I preferred HGP in his showercap honestly
A German living in Paraguay ���� and that pulls of a shower cap.. It doesn't get much more exotic than that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woof. I preferred HGP in his showercap honestly
Understandable. Didn't she (Divine) actually eat dog poop or something in a movie? Just a little something else that makes that thought even more disgusting...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Understandable. Didn't she (Divine) actually eat dog poop or something in a movie? Just a little something else that makes that thought even more disgusting...
Lol I have no idea who this is, but I pity da fool eating dog crap!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea but hopefully grain finished. Its all about that marbling
What is the point in getting anything grass fed and grain finished? From my understanding All of the benefit of being grass fed is lost during the last 6 months of being grain fed. The higher omega 3 content from grass feeding and whatnot is pretty much gone by then. Might as well just eat the cheaper grain fed option.

Now grain fed and grass finished will still have pretty good marbling, but being finished on the grass will increase the omega 3s and other nutrient they get from grass feeding.

Hope the BBQ was off the chain!

Nah. Here they stay outside, then comes a truck -cows on the truck, -cow turns to meat. No corn, not much marbling.
When I first moved here, I didn't like the meat. It tasted too strong. The regular steak in US or Germany is almost tasteless. The difference is like between bud light (US meat) and heineken (Paraguay meat).

Eating the leftovers... :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders, Legs
Bah, too lazy to write about it. Did what I use to do -and did it to perceived failure.
I'm up 5kg (11lbs) since starting the cycle. Honestly, I don't like it -hopefully its bloat + muscles and not fat.
Scale is marking 100kg (first time in 4 month, normally holding at 95).

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders, Legs
Bah, too lazy to write about it. Did what I use to do -and did it to perceived failure.
I'm up 5kg (11lbs) since starting the cycle. Honestly, I don't like it -hopefully its bloat + muscles and not fat.
Scale is marking 100kg (first time in 4 month, normally holding at 95).
You got this. Its muscle

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah. Here they stay outside, then comes a truck -cows on the truck, -cow turns to meat. No corn, not much marbling.
When I first moved here, I didn't like the meat. It tasted too strong. The regular steak in US or Germany is almost tasteless. The difference is like between bud light (US meat) and heineken (Paraguay meat).

Eating the leftovers... :)
I do agree with you on the meat. Some meat you buy in South America I felt the exact same way as you did. Strange.. The bud light I actually like more than Heineken though, at least in scorching heat.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do agree with you on the meat. Some meat you buy in South America I felt the exact same way as you did. Strange.. The bud light I actually like more than Heineken though, at least in scorching heat.
How could anyone like Warm Horse Piss(Budlight) you must have never had a good Strawvaphisen. hairygrandpa can correct my spelling on that.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What do you call it #hairygrandpa, I know its whiskey, beer, and coke
Big in Bavaria

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How could anyone like Warm Horse Piss(Budlight) you must have never had a good Strawvaphisen. hairygrandpa can correct my spelling on that.
What do you call it #hairygrandpa, I know its whiskey, beer, and coke
Big in Bavaria
No idea. I think you mean "Pilsen". I'm not a beer fan. If I have a beer, its a dark one, called "bock" -or Heineken (because no German beer here where I live). When in US, I liked "Coors". My go-to is always Bourbon/Coke. Any Bourbon, Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Four Roses -you name it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No idea. I think you mean "Pilsen". I'm not a beer fan. If I have a beer, its a dark one, called "bock" -or Heineken (because no German beer here where I live). When in US, I liked "Coors". My go-to is always Bourbon/Coke. Any Bourbon, Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Four Roses -you name it.
In Parsberg they use to serve a beer that was whiskey, beer, and coke. It was called a stawphephisen. It was whiskey, straw beer, and coke. 2 of those would knock you out. They serve it at all the German/American Fest. Only thing besides Gluwein that I really enjoyed.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In Parsberg they use to serve a beer that was whiskey, beer, and coke. It was called a stawphephisen. It was whiskey, straw beer, and coke. 2 of those would knock you out. They serve it at all the German/American Fest. Only thing besides Gluwein that I really enjoyed.
Ah! That I didn't know. We had a drink called "Submarine". It was a "Schnaps" (a clear spirit, like moonshine) in a small shot glass submerged in a glass of beer.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ah! That I didn't know. We had a drink called "Submarine". It was a "Schnaps" (a clear spirit, like moonshine) in a small shot glass submerged in a glass of beer.
Had those too in the clubs. But still miss ChrisKrinklemarkt and the Gluewien. I would drink that **** all night long, walking through the markt

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was shoulder/leg-feeder
Did some heavy reverse shrugs, seated on the smith and mostly light cables to get blood into the shoulders. Legs were restricted to 10x10reps leg extensions with 100lbs and 10 sec. pauses.
After that, full out heavy bag. Today focus on elbow strikes. Gym owner came to watch because of the loud "bangs". Well, not all members are 150lbs chihuahua's , some may actually hit that damn bag.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back

"Strict form day", only 4 exercises -lots of sets. Tomorrow Back-feeder and some heavy lower back exercises.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
What’s up F*ckers and hairygrandpa? Been a while (year or so)... whose still around these days?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s up F*ckers and hairygrandpa? Been a while (year or so)... whose still around these days?
mmorso Where have you been ?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Started a business (outdoor program for troubled teens) in Montana... my wife and 2 toddlers live in a cabin with 6 “delinquents” that have got me busy AF lol!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Started a business (outdoor program for troubled teens) in Montana... my wife and 2 toddlers live in a cabin with 6 “delinquents” that have got me busy AF lol!!!
Sounds Rewarding !!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it's quite common nowadays at least outside Germany with a Jaegermeister and beer. We call schnaps snaps in Sweden but I thought every shot was called schnaps in German?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting! The "No-Wifi-Torture", LOL!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders, Legs

Seated unilateral, alternating DB press ( BEAST73 )
2x40lbs x15/15/15
( the difficult part is keeping the resting arm up, LOL )

standing DB lateral raising (keeping tension, 1 sec pause on top)
2x22.5lbs x12
2x30lbs x10/10

Kettle bell unilateral side raises
30lbs x8/8/7

DB alternating front raises (slow)
30lbs x14/12/12

low pulley cable crossover partial side raises
20lbs x15/15/15
SkRaw85 , 40's don't move, tried to curl 40's on the life fitness cable -and barely did 7 reps.

Inclined DB rear delt isolation, holding 2 sec.
2x12lbs x12/14/11

cable unilateral rear delt reverse flies
20lbs x13/12/12/8

partial smith squats, from lowest position 3/4 up, slow
110lbs x10/10/10
smith squats
225 x10/10
unilateral standing leg curls, 3.3.1
35lbs x10/10
leg extensions
110lbs holding 2 sec, pause 5 sec. x10/10/10/10

Heavy bag full out mayhem, no pauses between punches: 40sec, 30sec, 30 sec.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Now That's a Workout!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back

Rocking lat pulldown, unilateral
135lbs x10/10/10

seated row one arm, holding 2 sec
155lbs x14
165lbs x10/10

cable lat pressdown, bar
145lbs x15
160lbs x10/10

Landmine row, wide grip
45lbs x10 (testing waters)
135lbs x10/8
160lbs x4

Good mornings, BB
65lbs x ? (stopped counting after 60)
135lbs x26
155lbs x15

Smith drag curls
65lbs holding 2 sec on top x14
110lbs holding 1 sec x12
65lbs holding 2 sec x10/10

cable curls, one armed
25lbs x14/10/10/10 (no pauses, just changing arms)

Heavy bag 1 minute

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle:

Dropped everything a week ago. Now on TRT dose test (175mg/w).
Feeling WAY better on TRT than on cycle. Not as much strength, but feeling more energetic and "hardened".
Happens every time. I don't know -but I start thinking that roids just bloat me up and make me feel bad.

Dropped water and I'm now at 96.5 kg. Seems I gained 1 kg muscle and lost about 1 kg fat on cycle. That isn't much and not worth the upped BP, being bloated and feeling off.

Roids are no magic, there it is.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just out of curiosity, have you ever ran a tren cycle?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, have you ever ran a tren cycle?
Oral Trenavar. As I expected, I got ALL the sides of real tren. Insomnia, short temper, night sweats. Not going to touch real tren ever.

So far, the best roids for me are:
-oral trest
-TD trest
-anavar
-t-bol

All others, including trest ace, had more sides than benefits.

Famine

Famine

Awards
Cycle:

Dropped everything a week ago. Now on TRT dose test (175mg/w).
Feeling WAY better on TRT than on cycle. Not as much strength, but feeling more energetic and "hardened".
Happens every time. I don't know -but I start thinking that roids just bloat me up and make me feel bad.

Dropped water and I'm now at 96.5 kg. Seems I gained 1 kg muscle and lost about 1 kg fat on cycle. That isn't much and not worth the upped BP, being bloated and feeling off.

Roids are no magic, there it is.
I agree...but just to counterpoint...when I ran two cycles of Havoc years back, I felt like Captain America. I would pay 4x the price of Havoc every month until I die in order to always feel that good...if there were no side effects.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back-feeder/Chest

30 min rowing exercises for pump

BW Dips
20/20/20

Incline chest press machine 21's
170lbs 3 sets (chest on fire)

Partial DB flies, full stretch, straight arms, touching ground
2x25lbs x12/12/10

DB hex press 21's
2x50lbs x2 sets

Cable flies
all sort of weights, tempos, partials
total 8 sets

seated incline one armed cable crossover
25lbs x10/10/9

overhead cable triceps /SS/ v-handle triceps push downs
total 6 sets

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you touch the ground on the partial Db Flyes?
I just do, barely. Maybe shape of DB helps, plates stand out some. My training partner can't touch ground. I'm "special" :) LOL