Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought they were looking BIG !!
Ya, my arms are short. But hey, that's all what needed. I want to look strong -not actually carry stones and kegs around like Hyde :)
I'm the great pretender, LMAO!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ya, my arms are short. But hey, that's all what needed. I want to look strong -not actually carry stones and kegs around like Hyde :)
Arms, Abs, Shoulders, Etc you got the whole package!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol visited my mom yesterday for her birthday and she needed a recliner moved to a different room, so I just carried it by myself. She starts worrying, asking me to wait for my stepdad to help, and my little sister says, “Mom, relax - he’s been training years for this moment”

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know what they say about short arms, BIG traps. Your shoulder area is definitely getting more noticible

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol visited my mom yesterday for her birthday and she needed a recliner moved to a different room, so I just carried it by myself. She starts worrying, asking me to wait for my stepdad to help, and my little sister says, “Mom, relax - he’s been training years for this moment”
Then they saw you carrying the chair outside and circling a goat pen with it...

:) Hahahahaha!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what they say about short arms, BIG traps. Your shoulder area is definitely getting more noticible
I was always worried not to have good looking shoulders, because I don't do any overhead presses, besides bradford press for 30-60 reps. Even side laterals I do with only 20-30 lbs db's. Its either genetics -or I do something right. I may have some scar tissue in my delts from pinning too.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was always worried not to have good looking shoulders, because I don't do any overhead presses, besides bradford press for 30-60 reps. Even side laterals I do with only 20-30 lbs db's. Its either genetics -or I do something right. I may have some scar tissue in my delts from pinning too.
Shoulders tend to grow fast on aas fortunately. Its easily my best muscle group, it grows fast but it often stops growing a little which is good for the rest of the body to catch up.

Side lateral raises are really good to get definition, I don't think you have to worry so much about the weight there cause it's so heavy that a few sets will make you lose strength drastically. 30 lbs isn't low with this exercise, most people cant do more than one or two sets with that weight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Volume on various delt raises is the key to boulder shoulders. Heavy pressing just makes you stronger.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders tend to grow fast on aas fortunately. Its easily my best muscle group, it grows fast but it often stops growing a little which is good for the rest of the body to catch up.

Side lateral raises are really good to get definition, I don't think you have to worry so much about the weight there cause it's so heavy that a few sets will make you lose strength drastically. 30 lbs isn't low with this exercise, most people cant do more than one or two sets with that weight.
Yeah, that’s why I use the pink 12# dumbbells for side lateral raises.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that’s why I use the pink 12# dumbbells for side lateral raises.
I use them too, seriously. At the beginning as warmup -and for the last set, keeping them up, holding until arms fall off.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Agreed, I see a lot of people do these and if done strict 30lbs is damn good weight. I can use 30 and make my delts scream, I can use heavier weight, bend my arms more and impress people but end up with really pumped traps too. I prefer to keep the weight in the range I can feel the muscle and know I exhausted the target muscle.
I use them too, seriously. At the beginning as warmup -and for the last set, keeping them up, holding until arms fall off.
Shoot 10-12 lbs is brutal with some TUT. Meadows Around the worlds with a 10lb is brutal!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed, I see a lot of people do these and if done strict 30lbs is damn good weight. I can use 30 and make my delts scream, I can use heavier weight, bend my arms more and impress people but end up with really pumped traps too. I prefer to keep the weight in the range I can feel the muscle and know I exhausted the target muscle.

Shoot 10-12 lbs is brutal with some TUT. Meadows Around the worlds with a 10lb is brutal!
Yup different exercises in my opinion. Keeping the arms straight and even the strongest guys tend to go with the beginner dumbells almost :D

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup different exercises in my opinion. Keeping the arms straight and even the strongest guys tend to go with the beginner dumbells almost :D
Most of the guys at my gym grab the 40lbs db's, bent their arms and do the chicken dance... that's not how I do it, LOL.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha that's why you're a diamond member at AM and they're not
What? I'm a diamond member? Where do I cash-in the buggers? LMAO!

Call me "Your Majesty" from now on, I insist!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's exactly how I do it, the DB part. Damn, without watching this vid first! Intuition for the win!
The burn is unreal.
I kind of cheat. I go 1/2 way up stop, then move to the top, then 1/2 way down, then back up then down all the way to rest a few seconds before I start a 2nd rep. I'm up to 7 reps with 15lb.!
He was not kidding when he said check the ego at the door. Atleast I dont have to fight anyone for the 15 lb dumbbells!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What? I'm a diamond member? Where do I cash-in the buggers? LMAO!

Call me "Your Majesty" from now on, I insist!
Hey you already got a nickname (HGP) and everyone knows who we're talking about. I watched Southpark yesterday on TV. Manbearpig, Al gore called him MBP :D got me thinking about you haha. It's only funny when you see it :(

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey you already got a nickname (HGP) and everyone knows who we're talking about. I watched Southpark yesterday on TV. Manbearpig, Al gore called him MBP :D got me thinking about you haha. It's only funny when you see it :(
Not watching Southpark. Gonna google now...Found it. Manbearpig! Haha!
I find it better to be called HGP than HCG -"the nut fullness drug".

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not watching Southpark. Gonna google now...Found it. Manbearpig! Haha!
I find it better to be called HGP than HCG -"the nut fullness drug".
Haha its so ****ing funny. They make fun of everything that happens in politics and the world. Before it was more just silly stuff but now it has a meaning believe it or not.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chicken Dance.....I like that !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If someone is doing the chicken dance they better be throwing at least 100’s around

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you cereal right now???

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym
Cable squat to row
wide grip
110lbs x30/25/25

Face pulls regular
90lbs x18/15/15

Face pulls fists up
65lbs x15/15/15

cable unilateral rear delt isolation
22.5 lbs x18/15
28lbs x10/10/10

Cable flies
2x30lbs x20
2x40lbs x22/18/20/16

Floor DB flies straight arms, partials (only under tension)
2x15lbs x30
2x25lbs x20/20/20/16

unilateral leg curls, lowering 3 sec
35lbs x12/10/10/10

Chest got a good pump. Tomorrow will be a bit more taxing.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys, this log comes to an end.

Resuming:

Full body feeder workouts will probably work best for a younger person. For me it was very exhausting -and due to RL problems, I could not go as often to the gym to do them.
None the less, I think they are a welcome change if you have the time to go 6-7 days a week to the gym. My joints felt awesome and I feel I gained some strength and muscle mass.

Will open a new workout log, resuming my normal intuitive training.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guys, this log comes to an end.

Resuming:

Full body feeder workouts will probably work best for a younger person. For me it was very exhausting -and due to RL problems, I could not go as often to the gym to do them.
None the less, I think they are a welcome change if you have the time to go 6-7 days a week to the gym. My joints felt awesome and I feel I gained some strength and muscle mass.

Will open a new workout log, resuming my normal intuitive training.
Let me know if you need the tag list when you start it

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All Hail HGP !!!