MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was 90 minutes -but I had to coach my daughter between sets too. Some of those workouts I do in circuits, like Bradford/Rear delts.
You do 9,000 warmups & stretches, I bet it consumes some energy, I do none. I read some studies about warmup and stretches, all were inconclusive, as athletes injured themselves equally, with warmup and without. So I hardly do, maybe only if I have a nagging elbow pain and warm it up before going heavy. I stretch a little bit after workout, mostly jumping up and let myself hang by my arms to stretch.

Edit: Ah, and when you look at my weights used, I go not as near as heavy as you, guessing that enables me to do more volume.
EHHHHHHH!!!!! WRONG!!!! Don't even try to down play 47 sets, just say thank you I guess I do kick some ass in there don't I?

Curious on your reps, how many reps would you say you are leaving in the tank on your work sets. Like if you had to keep pushing, and weren't stopping short of form failure. I could probably do volume like this if I avoided anything over an RPE8 IE... 2-4 reps left in the tank. Much over that and I would break within a week or two.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs/shoulders

seated lateral rise machine
115lbs x15/12/12/12
90lbs holding 1 sec x8/8/8

Bradford press 45lbs -bar
65/55/42/36/35

Incline DB rear delt rises
2x22.5lbs x16/18/15/16/14

seated shoulder press machine
120lbs lowering 4 sec x8/8/6/7
90lbs quick x 15/13/9

Cable cross over lateral rises, partials, TUT 3.1.1
2x20lbs x15/15/12/10

Smith BB squat partials, azz to ground and only upping 2 feets, slow, 3 sec up/ 3 sec down
90lbs x10/10/8/6/6
WTF? This burns the quads like nothing else!

BB smith regular squats
225lbs x7 (burned out from partials)
180lbs x10/12/9

Unilateral leg curls, slow negatives
35lbs x10/10/10/10

Linear leg press
500lbs x15/15/10/10/10

Leg extensions
160lbs x15
130lbs slow-mo x7
130lbs quick x25
160lbs x13
120lbs 1x 21's
Good stuff - I don't have a smith machine but I have a leg press/hack squat machine. I've been doing super slow leg extensions super-setted with leg presses. By super slow I mean maybe 2-3 seconds up and then basically fighting the weight all the way down for maybe 5-10 seconds. It's sloooow when I'm doing it, but it is hard to judge time while working hard...so maybe it's not as long as I think.

At any rate, your smith machine burn squats seems like it should adapt very well to hack squats. I may try doing the hack squats after the slow leg extensions.

But I have to ask you something. If you have a stuck bolt, do you like using the 12 oz. hammer to bang it out with 1,000 swings? Or would you get a 5 pound sledge and hit it 3-4 times?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EHHHHHHH!!!!! WRONG!!!! Don't even try to down play 47 sets, just say thank you I guess I do kick some ass in there don't I?

Curious on your reps, how many reps would you say you are leaving in the tank on your work sets. Like if you had to keep pushing, and weren't stopping short of form failure. I could probably do volume like this if I avoided anything over an RPE8 IE... 2-4 reps left in the tank. Much over that and I would break within a week or two.
Exactly as you said! The first set of an exercise I may go to failure, all others I keep around 80%. Once a month I go all-in. You can see it in my log, its when I hit 18-20 sets per workout. By now the s-drol is doing its thing too, having great aggression lately. Going to the gym is like going to war for me.
My "princess daughter" (over protected whiny-cellphone-girly) is doing well too. First, she could not get herself up from a low squatting position, without yanking her arms up for momentum. Prescribed her BW box squats, starting from a bench -going lower each session. now she does some deep squats at the smith with the bar. I'm proud of her, even though I have to motivate her every damn day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But I have to ask you something. If you have a stuck bolt, do you like using the 12 oz. hammer to bang it out with 1,000 swings? Or would you get a 5 pound sledge and hit it 3-4 times?
I just have better control going slow and light -and I feel it working great!
Don't forget my two fugged up knees. Have to play around with TUT on all squat stuff, will not go over 225lbs. The day I can squat 225lbs going 4 sec down and 4 sec up for a set of 10, then I may up weights. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exactly as you said! The first set of an exercise I may go to failure, all others I keep around 80%. Once a month I go all-in. You can see it in my log, its when I hit 18-20 sets per workout. By now the s-drol is doing its thing too, having great aggression lately. Going to the gym is like going to war for me.
My "princess daughter" (over protected whiny-cellphone-girly) is doing well too. First, she could not get herself up from a low squatting position, without yanking her arms up for momentum. Prescribed her BW box squats, starting from a bench -going lower each session. now she does some deep squats at the smith with the bar. I'm proud of her, even though I have to motivate her every damn day.
That makes sense!

You should be proud of her and she still goes. YOu can motivate all you want but unless you are making her do it then you definitely have something to be proud of her for. Choosing to take action and then acting on it should make both of you proud of her.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Warmups can definitely burn gas, but I personally do whatever I feel I NEED to do that day. Some days it’s 10 minutes, some days it takes 40 minutes to get to my first work set if I’m feeling tight and cold and busted.

I think it’s very person-specific, what’s needed to prepare to train. I didn’t used to warmup this much, but you can only tear so many muscles before you have to re-evaluate what you are (and aren’t) doing.

Ulfhednar

Awards
Warmups can definitely burn gas, but I personally do whatever I feel I NEED to do that day. Some days it’s 10 minutes, some days it takes 40 minutes to get to my first work set if I’m feeling tight and cold and busted.

I think it’s very person-specific, what’s needed to prepare to train. I didn’t used to warmup this much, but you can only tear so many muscles before you have to re-evaluate what you are (and aren’t) doing.
I always walk to my gym for a warm up, if its cold im doing a jog. I use that as my primary warm up, secondary would be weightless or very low weight movement similar to the exercise i would be doing. If deadlifts are my primary exercise, i dont warm up for any other exercise after. Warm ups are extremely subjectively helpful and hurtful.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at BEAST73 , 1000-1500 reps per workout....Jesus.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One time when I was between 10-12 my step brother bet me I could not do 1000 curls with one of those little 5lb DB's. So I did what any hard headed boy with something to prove would do. I did the damn thing!!! That was my first experience with muscle soreness. I literally thought I tore something it hurt so bad the next day. The biceps tendon was thrashed too. Felt like I was being stabbed by a million needles every time I tried to straighten my arm. Oh I forgot to mention my arm was stuck at about 90 degrees for a couple days. I could barely straighten my arm and when I was just letting it "hang" it was bent at a 90 degree angle...

OOOUUUUCCHHHH!!!!!!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One time when I was between 10-12 my step brother bet me I could not do 1000 curls with one of those little 5lb DB's. So I did what any hard headed boy with something to prove would do. I did the damn thing!!! That was my first experience with muscle soreness. I literally thought I tore something it hurt so bad the next day. The biceps tendon was thrashed too. Felt like I was being stabbed by a million needles every time I tried to straighten my arm. Oh I forgot to mention my arm was stuck at about 90 degrees for a couple days. I could barely straighten my arm and when I was just letting it "hang" it was bent at a 90 degree angle...

OOOUUUUCCHHHH!!!!!!
Damn I've tried 100 and that can still be quite tough. You must have rested tho?

Ulfhednar

Awards

OOOUUUUCCHHHH!!!!!!
Who needs biceps anyway? Lets just work them out so much they disappear lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today would have been shoulders/legs feeder -but it rained. Some of you already know what that means...

So, today is off.

Ulfhednar

Awards
Today would have been shoulders/legs feeder -but it rained. Some of you already know what that means...

So, today is off.
Damn i cant imagine experiencing that. Best load up just incase any crooks want to try anything.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

OOOUUUUCCHHHH!!!!!!
Lol, your description if the pain reminds me of my freshman year in college. I had a GF who was a couple hours away from me but I had no car. Around 11:30 on a Friday night I realized there was a bus leaving town at 1 AM that would take me to her town and I could spend the weekend with her....and it would save her driving to pick me up.

I grabbed my back pack and a huge laundry bag I had and started walking to the bus station. Of course I had just started school and had no idea where the bus station was. I spent the next hour and a half carrying probably 75 pounds worth of clothes and stuff all over town in the dark. I never found that bus. I then had to carry the bag of crap back to my dorm.

When I got back to the dorm I was sweating and exhausted and thirsty as hell. Problem was, as a new college kid I had nothing left to drink in my fridge. I crashed and my gf came to get me the next day.

The entire weekend I couldn't straighten my arms. It hurt so bad. I think it took about 2 weeks for the pain to go away completely. Haha.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn I've tried 100 and that can still be quite tough. You must have rested tho?
Yes I rested but I did as many as I could before stopping each time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Who needs biceps anyway? Lets just work them out so much they disappear lol.
No doubt.

So, today is off.
Hope it dries out quickly.
Lol, your description if the pain reminds me of my freshman year in college. I had a GF who was a couple hours away from me but I had no car. Around 11:30 on a Friday night I realized there was a bus leaving town at 1 AM that would take me to her town and I could spend the weekend with her....and it would save her driving to pick me up.

I grabbed my back pack and a huge laundry bag I had and started walking to the bus station. Of course I had just started school and had no idea where the bus station was. I spent the next hour and a half carrying probably 75 pounds worth of clothes and stuff all over town in the dark. I never found that bus. I then had to carry the bag of crap back to my dorm.

When I got back to the dorm I was sweating and exhausted and thirsty as hell. Problem was, as a new college kid I had nothing left to drink in my fridge. I crashed and my gf came to get me the next day.

The entire weekend I couldn't straighten my arms. It hurt so bad. I think it took about 2 weeks for the pain to go away completely. Haha.
Yeah sounds pretty similar. Also sounded like that sucked!

Ulfhednar

Awards
No doubt.Hope it dries out quickly.Yeah sounds pretty similar. Also sounded like that sucked!
Bad joke surrounded by the idea of muscle breakdown to nothing lol I'll stick to my day job.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back (manly-men workout)

Weighted pull ups
+45lbs x12
+67.5lbs x8
Drop BW x8 RP 5 RP 3 RP 2 RP 1
BW x9

Rocking lat pull down, unilateral twist
120lbs x10
160lbs x10/10/8/8/8
170lbs x6

Bent over row BB
225lbs x8 (oops, arms gassed out)
5 min pause
225lbs x11/ RP 4

Seated row narrow grip
220lbs x16
220lbs holding 1 sec x7

Seated row machine unilateral with chest stop
220lbs x6

Lat push down rope
65lbs x10/10/10

Smith seated reverse shrugs
225lbs x15/9/7

BW inverted row hip height
12/8/5

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killing it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killed it.
Well I hadn't even considered he could possibly be done with the killing... he doesn't stop! Machine man!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I hadn't even considered he could possibly be done with the killing... he doesn't stop! Machine man!
I was really just hoping a third person would quote me and basically say the same thing yet again honestly ?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is feeder back workout. Will do some face pulls and good mornings to failure, rest is blood flow training, relaxed and with a smile on face, no sweating -or veins on forehead.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And gonna begin to work on my damn pelvic tilt, DemntedCowboy , you should too, I saw you have the same problem as I. MrKleen73 mentioned it a year ago when seeing my pics -and the trouble with extended gut -but my anti-authoritarian self ignored it.

[video=youtube;2NZMaI-HeNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NZMaI-HeNU[/video]

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And gonna begin to work on my damn pelvic tilt, DemntedCowboy , you should too, I saw you have the same problem as I. MrKleen73 mentioned it a year ago when seeing my pics -and the trouble with extended gut -but my anti-authoritarian self ignored it.

I will check it out and work on it. I know those rotations for my shoulders have done great you sent me.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards

I think im going to check this out too!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think im going to check this out too!
LOL, what else do you wanna do? I think you are doing already too much. Those physiotherapy thingies are time consuming, I hate them -but, its mandatory to stay injury free.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My daughter...
Yesterday she ask for permission to do "off", because she had a handball tournament. Permission was granted, with the notice that today is gym day.
Today she went to a school friend to stay over night, KNOWING it was her gym day. I flipped out a bit. Now my wife is bringing her back home. Was a short friend visit for her, about an hour, LOL.
Time she learns to keep promises and be disciplined.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back feeder

Nothing to report, did a dozen exercises for back, only pumping blood. Face pulls to failure, some heavy "squat to row" with low pulley.
First time exercises for my pelvic tilt, some stretches and abdominal workouts -here I cramped up -and remembered, while on sdrol: "Don't do crunches!" Because of bad, BAD cramps.

Ulfhednar

Awards
Back feeder

Nothing to report, did a dozen exercises for back, only pumping blood. Face pulls to failure, some heavy "squat to row" with low pulley.
First time exercises for my pelvic tilt, some stretches and abdominal workouts -here I cramped up -and remembered, while on sdrol: "Don't do crunches!" Because of bad, BAD cramps.
Man those crunch cramps feel like an alien is about to pop out your abs lmao. Idk if those or foot cramps are the worse.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest -all out day

Well, didn't go as planned. It was one of the "everything feels heavy" days.
I did humongous volume with moderate weights, everything to failure. Inclined BB bench, bench, machines, zillions of cable flies -afterwards DB flies with full stretch.
Hammered the triceps in all ways possible, some exercises heavy, some with slow negatives. Worked into the lactic acid until I cried tears, literally.

Writing this, I can feel my pumped chest, it was ridiculous. My guess, over 1500 reps in about 95 minutes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a lot of Reps!!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
LOL, what else do you wanna do? I think you are doing already too much. Those physiotherapy thingies are time consuming, I hate them -but, its mandatory to stay injury free.
Same thing i do everynight pinky...try to take over the world...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at that body that BEAST73 has grown. Jesus. If you follow his log, he is just another level, I admit. I don't even try those sprints and marathons he runs.
BEAST73 , you are the hardest working dude on AM, I bet my 2 nuts and my micro penis on it.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Look at that body that BEAST73 has grown. Jesus. If you follow his log, he is just another level, I admit. I don't even try those sprints and marathons he runs.
BEAST73 , you are the hardest working dude on AM, I bet my 2 nuts and my micro penis on it.
Thats no bulls***. Im on his log. I had to. You cant ignore hard work like that! Respect.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks a Million Brother! You’re a hard worker,Very Knowledgeable,and a Great Person.. You and Several People here on AM. Keep Me Moving and Motivated!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thats no bulls***. Im on his log. I had to. You cant ignore hard work like that! Respect.
Thanks a Million Brother,and Thank You for allowing Me,to give You some of My exercising wisdom.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re now doing zillions of reps and I’m over here just trying to get through my 9,000 warmups

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You’re now doing zillions of reps and I’m over here just trying to get through my 9,000 warmups
Could be a misunderstanding and my "workout reps" = your "warmup reps". In that case, I have to check my pants, checking what my puzzy is doing.
:)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. You even share one of my favorite quotes. "What are we doing tonight Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night Pinky. We're trying to take over the world!!"

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol. You even share one of my favorite quotes. "What are we doing tonight Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night Pinky. We're trying to take over the world!!"
Best line EVER