The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been out shooting my M1 Garand a lot lately. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here in Tampa, so I've been taking advantage of it. Thank god I had bought a ****load of .30-06 M2 Ball at a great price right before the ammo situation went dire. I'm starting to focus my WW2 collection more on US C&R weapons right now. I currently have a Springfield M1903A4 sniper rifle (1943), an HRA M1 Garand (1954), and a Springfield M1 Garand (1942). Next on the list will be an M1 Carbine.

This is the M1 I currently use as a "shooter." It's all parts matching/period correct(except the stock which I switched out to try a new reproduction) from 1954. It definitely takes some practice to get good with the M1, but once you do, it's an absolutely amazing rifle. They are hands-down the favorite guns in my collection. It's always a riot to see all the heads turn on the firing line when they hear the famous "ping" of an ejected M1 enbloc clip hit the ground.

Here she is:

005.JPG004.JPG001.JPG

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na the courts said they have to give us CCW Law by June 9th. Lets hope for a good clean CCW law.

And plus the hell with Chicago. Lets even the guns up. I'm all for people having the means to defend themselves.
Glad to hear it, bro. Now you have an excuse to buy a new "carry weapon!!" Haha!

-T1

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear it, bro. Now you have an excuse to buy a new "carry weapon!!" Haha!

-T1
Thanks I just hope for a clean CCW law. Congrates on your new 1911. I have my Utah and Florida CCW so im good with all the equipment. But could always get a new gun.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks I just hope for a clean CCW law. Congrates on your new 1911. I have my Utah and Florida CCW so im good with all the equipment. But could always get a new gun.
I hope you do as well, bro. Florida has done a good job with their CCW laws, so I'm happy to say the least. They're now looking to bring in a new "open carry" law. I think that's good and should already by on the books, but I still prefer to carry concealed if I have the choice.

-T1

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Why would you need both? Don't Utah and Florida cross over? I know mine from ms is good in both Florida and Utah. Its a pitch to buy a handgun in Desseret man lol. You would think a state that is so gun friendly on so many levels would make it a little easier to obtain one but they don't. Its terrible lol

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Why would you need both? Don't Utah and Florida cross over? I know mine from ms is good in both Florida and Utah. Its a pitch to buy a handgun in Desseret man lol. You would think a state that is so gun friendly on so many levels would make it a little easier to obtain one but they don't. Its terrible lol
Since I have Non-Resident Permits I don't always get the same states as Resident Permits. I had the Utah Permit but Florida doesn't accept Non-Resident Utah Permits, but accepts Resident Utah Permits. So I had to get the Non-Resident Florida Permit so I could carry in Florida on the family trips there to Disney.

The cost of the Utah CCW permit is: $51.00 plus what ever the class costs.
And the Florida CCW permit cost is: $112.00 plus what ever the class costs.

But I can carry in basically any state I travel to, well except my state I live in.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Since I have Non-Resident Permits I don't always get the same states as Resident Permits. I had the Utah Permit but Florida doesn't accept Non-Resident Utah Permits, but accepts Resident Utah Permits. So I had to get the Non-Resident Florida Permit so I could carry in Florida on the family trips there to Disney.

The cost of the Utah CCW permit is: $51.00 plus what ever the class costs.
And the Florida CCW permit cost is: $112.00 plus what ever the class costs.

But I can carry in basically any state I travel to, well except my state I live in.
Which is??? And i go to Utah quite a bit and did one of my undergrad there. Its pretty gun friendly as is but its not as loose as say...Texas or ms or vt

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I live in Illinois.

We don't have CCW as of yet but we should by June.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of my new toys:

Ruger SR1911

View attachment 76650

I got rid of my Kimber 1911 and bought this along with a Glock 23 Gen4. What an amazing gun for the price. It's about half the price of the Kimber, and shoots just as good or better. She's definitely a keeper.

-T1
I'm glad you like it. I've been interested in those too. I don't currently own a 1911, but I love them. I've heard a lot of crap about Kimber. Good thing I do my research. Sounds like Ruger knocked it out of the park with this gun.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad you like it. I've been interested in those too. I don't currently own a 1911, but I love them. I've heard a lot of crap about Kimber. Good thing I do my research. Sounds like Ruger knocked it out of the park with this gun.
Out of all the 1911's that I've owned over the years, this Ruger SR1911 is definitely my favorite. Accurate, Reliable, and a damn good looking gun for the price. You would enjoy this Ruger, IC.

I will never buy another Kimber again. The problem certainly wasn't the accuracy (it was an absolute tac-driver when it functioned well), but it proved to be unreliable over the years. It had WAY too many malfunctions; which continued even after doing everything possible to improve reliability (changing springs, polishing, new parts, etc.) Kimber's do have very tight tolerances, but it is ridiculous to pay 14-1500 dollars for a 1911 that was absolutely unreliable. Now one could say, "Well, you just got a lemon." There have been way too many complaints in the same regard over the years. The gun forums are full of them. It seems you either love Kimber or hate them. I have 2 buddies as well that had similar issues with theirs and eventually gave up on them.

I do plan on getting either an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, or Dan Wesson 1911 though at some point. :D

Have you been stocking up on ammo, IC?

-T1

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you been stocking up on ammo, IC?

-T1
When I can catch the deals I have. The main trouble I've had is finding everything in one spot. It seems the minimum shipping charge for ammo is around $12, and I've payed up to $50 for shipping 2k rounds before, but that ammo was a great price in this market, so I was happy to pay it. Aim Surplus has been my main go-to site for ammo. Thus far I've got:

~ 4500 rds of 7.62x39
~ 1500 rds of 223/5.56
~ 1k rds of 9mm
~1k rds of 40sw
~ 4500 rds 22lr
~200 rds 12ga 00bk
~ 75 rds 12ga slugs
~300 rds bird shot

As for mags:

15 steel surplus and 1 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 7.62x39 (30rd)
8 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 5.56/223 (30rd)
2 Tapco Galil/Golani (30rd)
5 FNP-40 (14rd)
4 CW9 (7rd)

Sitting far better than most, so I'm pretty happy. It's never enough though. I almost cried when I shot 100rds at the range the other day. :(

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Poppin' in to say hello to my old buds. Still strong, still rockin the weaponry at my house. Still making paracord gear, including a single-point bungee sling for all the tactical crowd. Self-promo time!!! If you want to come check it out, Z-Cord on FB (where most will find me these days).

Shoot straight, peeps. Molon Labe. III%

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poppin' in to say hello to my old buds. Still strong, still rockin the weaponry at my house. Still making paracord gear, including a single-point bungee sling for all the tactical crowd. Self-promo time!!! If you want to come check it out, Z-Cord on FB (where most will find me these days).

Do you have a link outside of FB? No FB here.

And Trauma, to add, I've been dying to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant carbine, but the thought of stocking another caliber makes my head hurt. - Not to mention the DSA FAL I've been eyeballing; mags, ammo, etc...GAH! I wish I got into this stuff a long time ago. Damn my young ignorance.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, sorry. Just a FB page. I've learned something about paracord gear - it's popular. I'm forcibly keeping myself small to avoid getting overwhelmed. I thought about doing a website, but then I'd have to declare it an official business and taxes and F U Uncle Sam, so... yeah, just on FB. However, if you are interested in anything in particular, I can always send pics and whatnot to ya via email. PM me here for info. I do bracelets of many types, dog collars, a slew of different gun slings, and probably just about anything else you can think of.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, sorry. Just a FB page. I've learned something about paracord gear - it's popular. I'm forcibly keeping myself small to avoid getting overwhelmed. I thought about doing a website, but then I'd have to declare it an official business and taxes and F U Uncle Sam, so... yeah, just on FB. However, if you are interested in anything in particular, I can always send pics and whatnot to ya via email. PM me here for info. I do bracelets of many types, dog collars, a slew of different gun slings, and probably just about anything else you can think of.

Seen the work, its dope!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I can catch the deals I have. The main trouble I've had is finding everything in one spot. It seems the minimum shipping charge for ammo is around $12, and I've payed up to $50 for shipping 2k rounds before, but that ammo was a great price in this market, so I was happy to pay it. Aim Surplus has been my main go-to site for ammo. Thus far I've got:

~ 4500 rds of 7.62x39
~ 1500 rds of 223/5.56
~ 1k rds of 9mm
~1k rds of 40sw
~ 4500 rds 22lr
~200 rds 12ga 00bk
~ 75 rds 12ga slugs
~300 rds bird shot

As for mags:

15 steel surplus and 1 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 7.62x39 (30rd)
8 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 5.56/223 (30rd)
2 Tapco Galil/Golani (30rd)
5 FNP-40 (14rd)
4 CW9 (7rd)

Sitting far better than most, so I'm pretty happy. It's never enough though. I almost cried when I shot 100rds at the range the other day. :(
Nice! Ammo is pure freakin' gold at this point. You've definitely acquired a nice little stockpile. Keep adding to it my friend. There are definitely some decent deals out there if you know where to look and happen to be near the computer when they are posted. AIM surplus is definitely one to watch; along with SGAmmo. I've bought at least 75% of my ammo from them.

I've now effectively taken over 1/2 of our master bedroom walk-in closet that is filled with nothing but guns, ammo, and everything tactical... haha!

She's gonna kill me...:laughing:

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You make some good stuff indeed my friend. I bought a few paracord bracelets from Tim a while back, and I get compliments on them all the time. Next....up.....a rifle sling big T! :)

You've been fairly quiet on FB lately. It's starting to scare me...;)

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

And Trauma, to add, I've been dying to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant carbine, but the thought of stocking another caliber makes my head hurt. - Not to mention the DSA FAL I've been eyeballing; mags, ammo, etc...GAH! I wish I got into this stuff a long time ago. Damn my young ignorance.
I hear ya, buddy. There have actually been an influx of Mosin M44 carbines over the last few months. They are definitely going up in price as well. The 7.62x54R round is a good one to stockpile. There is still a ****load of surplus still coming into the country (many years worth left), and until 6 months ago, it was very economical...it still is, but the price is slowly rising. I promise you that you'll absolutely love the Mosin M44. The freakin' fireball is always a talking point at the range; that and it's freakin' LOUD as hell. Shooting these things from the bench will definitely make you remember it the next day...lol.

-T1

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You make some good stuff indeed my friend. I bought a few paracord bracelets from Tim a while back, and I get compliments on them all the time. Next....up.....a rifle sling big T! :)

You've been fairly quiet on FB lately. It's starting to scare me...;)

-T1
Me? Quiet? Well shyt, negro, you must not be paying attention!! lol I'm on there every single day at work, and then via mobile the rest of the day. HA!!

Like the vid of the Nagant blasts, too, by the by. I was searching for one recently, and wouldn't you know it, now I can't find one in my local haunts! No big, money isn't there now, but maybe sometime. I still want to get a big'un and put that Archangel stock on it. It'd look bad-azz with a tripod and a cord sling on my show tables!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me? Quiet? Well shyt, negro, you must not be paying attention!! lol I'm on there every single day at work, and then via mobile the rest of the day. HA!!

Like the vid of the Nagant blasts, too, by the by. I was searching for one recently, and wouldn't you know it, now I can't find one in my local haunts! No big, money isn't there now, but maybe sometime. I still want to get a big'un and put that Archangel stock on it. It'd look bad-azz with a tripod and a cord sling on my show tables!!!
My FB has been quirky as fukc lately, so that's probably why. I knew it wasn't normal to not see a classic "at work" Tim post. Ha!

According to a few sources, there is going to be a huge influx of the carbines here this year. Molot from Russia is now refinishing many of the stockpiled Mosin's that were originally slated for destruction in Russia; and are now selling them/exporting to the United States; and of course every importer and their mother is jumping all over them. I'm positive when you have the bones to drop on one they will be around. If not hit me up, we'll get you one. ;)

I meant to hit you up for the name of that stock. It's bad azz my friend! My need to have a Florida Mosin shoot in the near future.

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This one is for you, Tim:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This one is for you, Tim:

I NEED ONE!!!! DANGIT!!!

Yeah, I know the name. They're a division of ProMag. (We watch a lot of the same pages, remember? lol) I do want a long barrell, though. If nothing else, just for the aesthetics. My only wish is that I could put a scope on that puppy. That'd complete it. I'm not a great shot, but I greatly prefer a scoped rifle. We shall see!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's pretty sick, but say the Nagant is $150, add in $200 for that stock, at least 10 mags, and you're up to $550; over half way to a mil-spec Rem 700. Add in the fact that it's ProMag and I have serious doubts.

I'd be perfectly happy with the M44 as is. I only hope I can find them at decent prices when I decide to buy. It's all going up up up.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I NEED ONE!!!! DANGIT!!!

Yeah, I know the name. They're a division of ProMag. (We watch a lot of the same pages, remember? lol) I do want a long barrell, though. If nothing else, just for the aesthetics. My only wish is that I could put a scope on that puppy. That'd complete it. I'm not a great shot, but I greatly prefer a scoped rifle. We shall see!
You can definitely scope that bad boy if you wanted too. I know that a reproduction PE sniper scope (Accumounts.com) would work with that furniture stock. You'd have to drill and tap the receiver, but it would definitely work. In essence, you'd be making a very modernized M91/30 PE sniper rifle! I'm in!

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's pretty sick, but say the Nagant is $150, add in $200 for that stock, at least 10 mags, and you're up to $550; over half way to a mil-spec Rem 700. Add in the fact that it's ProMag and I have serious doubts.

I'd be perfectly happy with the M44 as is. I only hope I can find them at decent prices when I decide to buy. It's all going up up up.
You could save a bit on the price by just getting a barreled action instead of the whole gun, but I hear ya. They definitely need to come down on the price of that stock for sure. If it was 100-125 dollars, it would sell like hotcakes.

Classicarms has a ****load of M44's right now, but they're already flying off the shelves. AIM got some in yesterday; they sold out by the end of the day....and they also had quite a few.

Don't worry though, there are a ton more coming. Molot has really increased their exports and are targeting US importers on the regular right now. It's sad that the prices of these guns are going up, but in essence, they're still probably the best bang-for-the-buck out there.

You need one....:D

-T1

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are a few things on my immediate list, plenty more for the future if I can get them.

I don't have a 22lr, so that's a must. Plan to go with the tried and true 10/22.

I'd like to get another hi-cap handgun, specifically a Glock Gen 4 19 or 17. I love my FNP-40, and would love to get an FNX-9, but since they're not heavily used guns, finding parts is a huge nuisance, especially for my FNP. I have to call FNH tomorrow to try and order a recoil assembly, and I don't even know if they have them.

The last being a bolt-action. The M44 sounds great, as does a Rem 700 mil-spec. I just have to decide how much I'm willing to shell out. - I could split the difference by getting the M44 and an old Marlin 336 lever, which would be cool too.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are a few things on my immediate list, plenty more for the future if I can get them.

I don't have a 22lr, so that's a must. Plan to go with the tried and true 10/22.

I'd like to get another hi-cap handgun, specifically a Glock Gen 4 19 or 17. I love my FNP-40, and would love to get an FNX-9, but since they're not heavily used guns, finding parts is a huge nuisance, especially for my FNP. I have to call FNH tomorrow to try and order a recoil assembly, and I don't even know if they have them.

The last being a bolt-action. The M44 sounds great, as does a Rem 700 mil-spec. I just have to decide how much I'm willing to shell out. - I could split the difference by getting the M44 and an old Marlin 336 lever, which would be cool too.
Glock 17....a must! :D

The Ruger 10/22 is just a step above the rest. I don't have one myself, but I shoot my buddies all the time. My .22LR armament consists of a bolt action Savage Mk2 (unbelievably accurate gun) and a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. I have grown to truly love the .22LR cartridge. It's just plain fun to shoot.

I want a 19 though as well. I carry a 26, but the 19 still intrigues me. If anything, it's the gun I want my wife to learn to shoot well and have at home.

-T1

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glock 17....a must! :D

The Ruger 10/22 is just a step above the rest. I don't have one myself, but I shoot my buddies all the time. My .22LR armament consists of a bolt action Savage Mk2 (unbelievably accurate gun) and a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. I have grown to truly love the .22LR cartridge. It's just plain fun to shoot.

I want a 19 though as well. I carry a 26, but the 19 still intrigues me. If anything, it's the gun I want my wife to learn to shoot well and have at home.

-T1
The issue right now on Glock's is obviously mag availability. They're harder to come by than anything else. I see USGI AR mags sub $17 every day, bought 8 of them myself even though I don't own an AR and plan to buy more...Glock mags, nope. I hardly ever see them. I think Cope's Distributing had some the other day but they're out now, and they weren't cheap either.

I really want the 17. I hope things calm down long enough for me to get my hands on one and at least 5 mags.

Does your wife shoot, T? I finally got my wife somewhat interested. She took her CHP class here in NC in January. She really likes shooting my Kahr CW9.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The issue right now on Glock's is obviously mag availability. They're harder to come by than anything else. I see USGI AR mags sub $17 every day, bought 8 of them myself even though I don't own an AR and plan to buy more...Glock mags, nope. I hardly ever see them. I think Cope's Distributing had some the other day but they're out now, and they weren't cheap either.

I really want the 17. I hope things calm down long enough for me to get my hands on one and at least 5 mags.

Does your wife shoot, T? I finally got my wife somewhat interested. She took her CHP class here in NC in January. She really likes shooting my Kahr CW9.
I finally convinced her to learn how to shoot. It only took 5+ years, lol.

I think now that we have a daughter, it has really hit home about protecting those that you love; because in reality nobody else can. I'm going to have her take the CCW class down here to learn some of the laws/basics. I don't mind if she doesn't want to carry (I always do anyway), but I want her to be able to defend herself and my daughter at home if I'm not there.

I've been picking up glock mags here and there. They definitely aren't easy to find, but the pop up every now and then. Make sure you check out Botachtactical.com.....and Targetbarn.com (which is a lesser known place and wasn't hit as hard by the hoarders). I just picked up a Glock 21 (27 round mag) on gunbroker.com through botachtactical. It's the glock factory mags that they made extensions for to fit the KRISS Vector (god damn I want one, haha!) They still have a few.

I LOVE my 1911's, but I would never want to decide between that and my Glock's. They are just too freakin' accurate and reliable to ever resist, haha!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still loving my XDM 45! At first, with the price of ammo, I was like :(, but now that I can find 45 easier than 9, I'm all like WOOHOO!!! :D

For a 22, I have a Heritage Rough Rider that I bought a while ago, but haven't even gotten to shoot it yet. .22 ammo is really hard to come by these days, too. Bummer!!

Irish... did you get my email reply with the pics? Sent a few and wasn't sure if it went through or not. I like to double check. ;)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still loving my XDM 45! At first, with the price of ammo, I was like :(, but now that I can find 45 easier than 9, I'm all like WOOHOO!!! :D

For a 22, I have a Heritage Rough Rider that I bought a while ago, but haven't even gotten to shoot it yet. .22 ammo is really hard to come by these days, too. Bummer!!

Irish... did you get my email reply with the pics? Sent a few and wasn't sure if it went through or not. I like to double check. ;)
I like my hand cannon too:D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The more I see of the XDM 45, the more I like it. It doesn't seem to have that high center of gravity from you grip like some of the other springfield models.

I agree .45 ACP is easier to find right now. The one caliber I didn't stock up on when I should have (9mm) is a bitch to find now. It's ironic because I have 4 handguns chambered for it....:(

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The more I see of the XDM 45, the more I like it. It doesn't seem to have that high center of gravity from you grip like some of the other springfield models.

I agree .45 ACP is easier to find right now. The one caliber I didn't stock up on when I should have (9mm) is a bitch to find now. It's ironic because I have 4 handguns chambered for it....:(
Ha ha... I have a few hundred rounds of 45, and have a decent deal going for ammo these days. For the cordage, I take cash, credit, check, money order, or ammo as payment. Someone took me up on the ammo bit a few weeks ago. $35-$40 worth of bracelets for around 135 rds of ammo. The short box was just spares, but they were Federal HydraShocks. The other 100rds... dude... Federal HST. LAW. ENFORCEMENT. ONLY. Yup. He was a cop, and I got some of his stash, and that's what I'm carryin' these days! 13 in the cannon plus another 2 mags full in standby. I was QUITE happy with that deal.

Plus, the SERT officer who is testing out The Operator (my single-point sling) is going to get one, and he'll probably pay in ammo. My price on those is $100, so I'm thinking there's gonna be atleast another 300rds of ammo coming from him. I LOVE cops. I just flat out love 'em!!! :cheers:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did; you do an exceptional job! Those are great looking. I just have to decide what the best option would be for me. Any recommendations for a guy that's 5'8" with a wide back? - I'd probably end up getting The Hunter due to the ability to adjust.

It's going on an Arsenal SGL21-61.

Oh, and I wanted to ask...those mounts pictured on The Hunter wouldn't be compatible with my AK, but I'm assuming you'd be able to attach a standard hook to it for an AK? That was my main concern...being able to have the right attachment on it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha... I have a few hundred rounds of 45, and have a decent deal going for ammo these days. For the cordage, I take cash, credit, check, money order, or ammo as payment. Someone took me up on the ammo bit a few weeks ago. $35-$40 worth of bracelets for around 135 rds of ammo. The short box was just spares, but they were Federal HydraShocks. The other 100rds... dude... Federal HST. LAW. ENFORCEMENT. ONLY. Yup. He was a cop, and I got some of his stash, and that's what I'm carryin' these days! 13 in the cannon plus another 2 mags full in standby. I was QUITE happy with that deal.

Plus, the SERT officer who is testing out The Operator (my single-point sling) is going to get one, and he'll probably pay in ammo. My price on those is $100, so I'm thinking there's gonna be atleast another 300rds of ammo coming from him. I LOVE cops. I just flat out love 'em!!! :cheers:
I got 1000+ rounds: ) stocked up before the big free for all.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did; you do an exceptional job! Those are great looking. I just have to decide what the best option would be for me. Any recommendations for a guy that's 5'8" with a wide back? - I'd probably end up getting The Hunter due to the ability to adjust.

It's going on an Arsenal SGL21-61.

Oh, and I wanted to ask...those mounts pictured on The Hunter wouldn't be compatible with my AK, but I'm assuming you'd be able to attach a standard hook to it for an AK? That was my main concern...being able to have the right attachment on it.

Really, the style is up to personal preference. They'll all hold and won't break on ya unless you try to tow a truck with it. (And depending on which sling and which truck, you might be able to actually tow anyway!) For connections, show me the mounts and I'll figure it out, I'm sure. I could do HK clips on the ends of it. That would probably work. Here's one on the tail end of The Operator (my single-point bungee):

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picked up 150rds of 40sw (50 AE @ $20, 100 Tul @ $30) and 40rds of 7.62x39 ($5.50/bx) today, as well as a new recoil assembly for my FNP-40 should SHTF :) That was a little pricier than I had hoped, but $26 for peace of mind is fine I guess. Also scored a single mag pouch for my CW9 for $7; got tired of carrying it in my pocket.

I also saw a pretty BA handguard for my AK but I guess I don't really neeeeeed it right now. I kept from the strong urge to purchase it. It was a Mission First Tactical Tekko. Pretty sick polymer piece with multiple rails:

All I have on my SGL21 now is the stock furniture, and I'm dying to replace it with this, a vertical grip and a Polish Beryl folder, but I just can't justify an unnecessary expense like that right now.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And T-AD, I'm assuming the HK clips would work fine. I'll shoot you an email when I decide to purchase, and I'll try to send some folks your way that need a sling.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice upper! Thought you were going with green on it? Looks good, though!

And T-AD, I'm assuming the HK clips would work fine. I'll shoot you an email when I decide to purchase, and I'll try to send some folks your way that need a sling.
Much obliged! Feel free to pass the info along to anyone interested. As general info, I take cash, check, money order, PayPal, or ammo. HA!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got a new knife to match the rifle in progress too View attachment 76818
I have one of these; great knife.

I've found that "Spyderco" is my go-to EDC company now. Their blades are simply fantastic.... Lightweight, sharp, good steel, ergonomic, and hold a great edge.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a cerakote finish right, E? That's a nice looking upper, buddy. What are you gonna thread on the end?

I'm a big fan of the Magpul FDE color. :D

-T1
actually, its duracoat on the upper + barrel, and that's the hard anodized color on the quadrail. did the duracoat myself, not too bad. I went with this as a muzzle comp 734627.jpg its also duracoated FDE, but I screwed up on that piece and some of the front face had some of the duracoat scraped off. can't decide yet whether to just sand the face clean and leave the duracoat on the rest, or remove all the duracoat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I was all over the place colorwise, at one point was just going to leave it black. The lower will come cerakoted magpul FDE :) finally settled on that with just black accents here + there.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I was all over the place colorwise, at one point was just going to leave it black. The lower will come cerakoted magpul FDE :) finally settled on that with just black accents here + there.
Nice work. I used duracoat on a few guns this past summer. It was my first experience with it, and it really is a trial and error process. The prep is absolutely paramount to a good outcome. At first, I tried the all-in-one duracoat spray kit. It came out ok, but my OCD wasn't satisfied. I bought an air compressor with an air brush and did it that way the second time; Much better outcome.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work. I used duracoat on a few guns this past summer. It was my first experience with it, and it really is a trial and error process. The prep is absolutely paramount to a good outcome. At first, I tried the all-in-one duracoat spray kit. It came out ok, but my OCD wasn't satisfied. I bought an air compressor with an air brush and did it that way the second time; Much better outcome.
I bought the kit with the preval sprayer, worked out ok. I wasn't too worried about parts prep as everything was brand new, so just some brake cleaner and the harsh scrubbing pad they included, plus 600 grit sandpaper on the stainless. I did the buffer tube too, so the only parts that won't be fde are the ejection port cover, the safety levers, the trigger, and for now the pistol grip and stock. I think it will be pretty sharp like that, we'll see :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IC,

Botachtactical got some Glock 21, 22, and 23 mags in for $25 shipped. Good deal for the times. These won't last long.

Glock 21 45ACP 13rd Magazines Gen4

-T1
Looks like they're OOS already...have you ordered from them before? I've heard some real nasty things about them in another forum I'm on. I'd be a little hesitant to purchase from them.

Thanks for the heads up though! I definitely need to get some.