The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I had a xd .40 and wanted to get the xdm but couldn't cuz I'm in Cali. That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Sorry to hear bro. Just because of the high capacity mags? or is there another reason I'm unaware of? Right on the case of mine it says "These high capacity magazines are not legal in California."

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
im not really sure why....

as soon as i saw it i wanted it. i really like my XD but after mine went missing i didnt want to get the old XD when there was somethin new out. besides the HK USP was the first gun i looked at and said "i want that"..... and not 9 years later i have a expert. so all in all im happy.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Oh! Oh! Oh! After attempting deer hunting this weekend (attempted because we were unsuccessful...where'd all the bambis go?!?!) I am seriously setting my sights on a nice 150-180lb Rifle Crossbow! Not sure if I want to go woth a metal or wood stock though...hmmm...

image-614602030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to give you guys a heads-up, I got a Foxx Trapp holster (foxxholsters.com) and the fit, function and feel are amazing! I have been using a Crossbreed-style for CC in the past and I'm sold on this new design. Great retention, quick draw and comfortable.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
always wanted one of these too bad I definitely can't afford one. If I could I'd call it my anti-atf gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F09xFM0wmPI
I'd absolutely love one of those. Can't see myself owning one anytime soon. :(

I'm seriously considering dropping the bones for an FN FS2000, but I've never shot a Bullop-style gun. I hear some very mixed opinions on them.

Oh! Oh! Oh! After attempting deer hunting this weekend (attempted because we were unsuccessful...where'd all the bambis go?!?!) I am seriously setting my sights on a nice 150-180lb Rifle Crossbow! Not sure if I want to go woth a metal or wood stock though...hmmm...

View attachment 71648

Crossbows are fun, but I never got real into them. I'd opt for a synthetic or light-metal stock. You're much less to care if it gets a little banged up. At least that's how I feel about synthetic vs. wood stock rifles.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
always wanted one of these too bad I definitely can't afford one. If I could I'd call it my anti-atf gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F09xFM0wmPI
Ahh, the good ol' "pig." Great machine gun, but got its nickname because it didn't like to get dirty; or it would often jam. The M60 was largely modeled off the German MG42 (which is still the most badazz machine gun ever built.) The MG42 (or the milled version MG34) was so far ahead of its time in so many ways. Even to this day, it's still an amazing piece of gun engineering. They purposely keep the prices of any select fire gun insane to discourage people from buying them; even though can you legally can with a class 3 license and tax stamp. You could also just get a "trust" to obtain a class 3 weapon or silencer which is a hell of a lot easier, but has limitations; especially when traveling.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

View attachment 71648

I just bought a crossbow myself this year to play around with (Barnett Jackal.) I haven't had a chance to shoot it too much yet, but I can really see myself getting into bow hunting more in the near future.

Something with a nice 150lb pull and a synthetic stock should work well. The synthetic stock also won't be affected by weather and temperature changes like wood is susceptible to. Having said that though, I still much prefer a wood stock on my rifles. :D

-John

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd absolutely love one of those. Can't see myself owning one anytime soon. :(

I'm seriously considering dropping the bones for an FN FS2000, but I've never shot a Bullop-style gun. I hear some very mixed opinions on them.

Bullpup weapons are one of those designs you either love or hate. I shot a Steyr AUG earlier this year and it was definitely fun, but it just seems really qwirky to me. I can definitely see the combat applications that it was designed for (CQB type stuff), but I don't see any full scale change to this type of weapon system.

You may absolutely love it though once you try it out; my buddy does. Either way though, the FN FS2000 is a nice looking weapon. I really want to get a KRISS Vector K10. :D

-John

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bullpup weapons are one of those designs you either love or hate. I shot a Steyr AUG earlier this year and it was definitely fun, but it just seems really qwirky to me. I can definitely see the combat applications that it was designed for (CQB type stuff), but I don't see any full scale change to this type of weapon system.

You may absolutely love it though once you try it out; my buddy does. Either way though, the FN FS2000 is a nice looking weapon. I really want to get a KRISS Vector K10. :D

-John
I just love the smaller weapons (not smaller caliber). I don't know if it's because of my smaller frame, but I've always been attracted to "compact" tactical weaponry. I was never the dude that grabbed the biggest knife in the case. Something about the maneuverability has always been appealing to me, and the Bullpup fits that design.

Now, if I were to decide to spend the money on something different, I'd probably end up with a more typical M4 style AR in 308. I have a nice share of handguns; I've been neglecting rifle purchases. Lot's to catch up on. :D

Even in video games I tend to go for the ultra-light armored, fast action classes. No clue.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
illinois is on the verge of passing conceal carry.. FINALLY!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just love the smaller weapons (not smaller caliber). I don't know if it's because of my smaller frame, but I've always been attracted to "compact" tactical weaponry. I was never the dude that grabbed the biggest knife in the case. Something about the maneuverability has always been appealing to me, and the Bullpup fits that design.

Now, if I were to decide to spend the money on something different, I'd probably end up with a more typical M4 style AR in 308. I have a nice share of handguns; I've been neglecting rifle purchases. Lot's to catch up on. :D

Even in video games I tend to go for the ultra-light armored, fast action classes. No clue.
Nothing wrong with that at all. While I love my AR-15, it's nowhere near my favorite gun to shoot. I much prefer WW2 era guns overall to both collect and shoot. I think it's just my interest in WW2 history and all the nostalgia involved with the weapons.

I have decided that I'm going to put together and AR-10 style weapon and customize it to how I want it. I'm just gonna buy the lower right now, and then slowly get the parts over time as I find a good deal on them. It should be a fun project. Hopefully I can get myself set-up for reloading next year and pump out some .308. It isn't cheap right now and doesn't look to be anytime soon. The expense to reload is a lot up front, but it should pay out nicely in the end. It would be a fun hobby; especially tweaking your own loads.

I really want to get a Smith and Wesson "Shield" in .40 cal as an alternate carry option to my Glock 26. I held one the other day and they're really nice; great trigger for a subcompact gun. I typically don't like the .40 cal in a subcompact (recoil is just too snappy), but this little gun is nice for the price. The subcompact gun has really grown on me the last few years and the market is going crazy with them right now. It's good though because many of them really make fantastic carry guns.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
illinois is on the verge of passing conceal carry.. FINALLY!
And If you would like. There is a new law that goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2013 so we can........

what for it......

Own SBRs.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing wrong with that at all. While I love my AR-15, it's nowhere near my favorite gun to shoot. I much prefer WW2 era guns overall to both collect and shoot. I think it's just my interest in WW2 history and all the nostalgia involved with the weapons.
I absolutely love that stuff. I shot an M1 Grand the other day that my brother's friend had. That was cool. With me being southpaw, the mag shot up and hit me in the head :eek:

I have decided that I'm going to put together and AR-10 style weapon and customize it to how I want it. I'm just gonna buy the lower right now, and then slowly get the parts over time as I find a good deal on them. It should be a fun project. Hopefully I can get myself set-up for reloading next year and pump out some .308. It isn't cheap right now and doesn't look to be anytime soon. The expense to reload is a lot up front, but it should pay out nicely in the end. It would be a fun hobby; especially tweaking your own loads.
That sounds like a solid project, and one I've never even considered. How much do you think you could save against a, say, $1500 AR-10 that you bought new?

As for reloading, I'd really like to do that, and hope to in time. I just don't have the space for it right now. It's a great skill to have, saves lots of money, and if SHTF you're going to be a kingpin. :D - Right now, I'm just doing my best to stockpile various calibers and protect myself against inflation for years to come.

I really want to get a Smith and Wesson "Shield" in .40 cal as an alternate carry option to my Glock 26. I held one the other day and they're really nice; great trigger for a subcompact gun. I typically don't like the .40 cal in a subcompact (recoil is just too snappy), but this little gun is nice for the price. The subcompact gun has really grown on me the last few years and the market is going crazy with them right now. It's good though because many of them really make fantastic carry guns.
Yes, they are pretty snappy, but considering it's a carry gun, it's there to protect you and not for plinking. If you ever had to use it in SD scenario, I think you would lavish in the recoil.

How do you like carrying the G26? - I have a Kahr CW9 for carry, and it's about 16oz loaded. I don't think I'd like carrying anything over 18oz, but my wife needs a new carry weapon, and I am considering giving her this one and getting myself a CW45.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just picked up my new gun tonight. I've never had an AK-variant weapon, so I got a converted Saiga AK-variant in 223/5.56. - Also got 4x Bulgarian mags with the deal. Can't wait to hit the range!

It's nice knowing I have a gun that doesn't require me to unload additional cash to make it enjoyable.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up my new gun tonight. I've never had an AK-variant weapon, so I got a converted Saiga AK-variant in 223/5.56. - Also got 4x Bulgarian mags with the deal. Can't wait to hit the range!

It's nice knowing I have a gun that doesn't require me to unload additional cash to make it enjoyable.

Nice looking Saiga, man.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice looking Saiga, man.
Thanks!

I may get a Hogue grip for it, but doubt I'll do much more. I understand that these guns aren't nearly as accurate at long range vs. an M4-style weapon, so why try to make it look like one? Iron sights are fine for me. More gear, more problems.

If my bank account can handle it next month, and assuming something is available, I'll probably put together a nice, tactical 308 bolt rifle. It's tough being a lefty looking for a bolt gun. :(

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

I may get a Hogue grip for it, but doubt I'll do much more. I understand that these guns aren't nearly as accurate at long range vs. an M4-style weapon, so why try to make it look like one? Iron sights are fine for me. More gear, more problems.

If my bank account can handle it next month, and assuming something is available, I'll probably put together a nice, tactical 308 bolt rifle. It's tough being a lefty looking for a bolt gun. :(

Left handed guns are around but a lot of them are special order from the dealer. Or you can get lucky and find one at the gun shows. You could always look on Gunbroker.com for one and have it shipped to your FFL dealer.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Left handed guns are around but a lot of them are special order from the dealer. Or you can get lucky and find one at the gun shows. You could always look on Gunbroker.com for one and have it shipped to your FFL dealer.
Ya, they're out there. - I'll probably end up getting one on GB if I don't see the model I want soon. - Or I can do an AR-10 build, which, considering the political climate may be a better option.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ya, they're out there. - I'll probably end up getting one on GB if I don't see the model I want soon. - Or I can do an AR-10 build, which, considering the political climate may be a better option.
Unforchantly I believe that is the way it is going.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice looking looking Saiga, IC! I love Russian firearms. You will love the AK platform. The design and functionality are legendary. The .223/5.56 round has better cumulative ballistics and inherent accuracy than the 7.62 x 39, so this gun should still prove to be pretty accurate. Just make sure that your barrel is indeed chambered for 5.56 before shooting it, otherwise gas pressure issues will occur.

This is my new toy:

VEPR 12 (12 Gauge) Semi-automatic shotgun

004.jpg

It's newly imported from Molot in Russia. Basically, they took everything that was wrong with the Saiga 12 shotgun and made it better. It is your standard AK platform and functionality with a chrome lined barrel and gas chamber. This thing has a self-regulating gas system as well, so it will shoot anything from bird shot to 3" magnum loads without a hiccup. I finally got to shoot it last week, and this thing is an absolute fukcing beast!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you all got a chance to buy some magazines before the market went insane. You literally can't find high capacity magazines anywhere online right now. The demand has actually shut down some very popular etailers because they literally couldn't keep up with the order volume/demand...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you all got a chance to buy some magazines before the market went insane. You literally can't find high capacity magazines anywhere online right now. The demand has actually shut down some very popular etailers because they literally couldn't keep up with the order volume/demand...
Nice Vepr 12! There is a local guy that will be getting those in stock pretty soon. I plan to grab one if the price is right. That's a sick gun!

I actually managed to score ANOTHER AK, chambered in 7.62x39 for a very fair price. It's an M&M 10-762; bought it with 4 US Palm mags, 2 steel surplus, and 1 Bulgarian Circle, over 250rds of ammo, a Polish folding stock, Primary Arms MD-09 sight, and a couple other nice dressings for 1k. That's not bad at all in this market, or in general. I actually found a place still stocked on Bulgarian Circles, so I bought four @ $31ea (standard) and will be selling the US Palm mags. I don't care for those too much.

The market has been nuts, and I'm so depressed for not taking advantage of it. A few weeks back I considered buying a bunch (50-100) of Pmags in case this happened, but I opted to purchase some survival supplies instead. Bad idea.

I did, however purchase shares of RGR and CAB; that way I can play the market a little without selling any of my supplies. They're both trading around $42, with their 52-wk high being at around $60. I'll see what happens there. I'm young, so if I screwed myself by doing that, I will learn from it and it's not going to hurt me much. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Vepr 12! There is a local guy that will be getting those in stock pretty soon. I plan to grab one if the price is right. That's a sick gun!

I actually managed to score ANOTHER AK, chambered in 7.62x39 for a very fair price. It's an M&M 10-762; bought it with 4 US Palm mags, 2 steel surplus, and 1 Bulgarian Circle, over 250rds of ammo, a Polish folding stock, Primary Arms MD-09 sight, and a couple other nice dressings for 1k. That's not bad at all in this market, or in general. I actually found a place still stocked on Bulgarian Circles, so I bought four @ $31ea (standard) and will be selling the US Palm mags. I don't care for those too much.

The market has been nuts, and I'm so depressed for not taking advantage of it. A few weeks back I considered buying a bunch (50-100) of Pmags in case this happened, but I opted to purchase some survival supplies instead. Bad idea.

I did, however purchase shares of RGR and CAB; that way I can play the market a little without selling any of my supplies. They're both trading around $42, with their 52-wk high being at around $60. I'll see what happens there. I'm young, so if I screwed myself by doing that, I will learn from it and it's not going to hurt me much. :)
You still made a nice haul there my friend! I would definitely recommend buying up what you can right now. I'll let you know if I see any good deals on mags/ammo in the coming weeks. There are quite a few places that will be getting pmags in next week. There are still a few places that have decent deals on drum mags for the AK if you're interested. I personally don't like them, but it's always good to have; even to sell if everything goes south.

Let me know if you want to sell those US PALM AK30 Mags. I love them and will buy all (4) from you. Hit me with a PM if interested.

If you have a chance to buy the VEPR 12 definitely GET IT! This thing is an absolute beast and well worth the price tag!

Check out Classicarms if you're looking for some more steel mags for the AK. These are Polish made and creme of the crop in terms of steel AK mags. I have some and love them:

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/polak30b

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You still made a nice haul there my friend! I would definitely recommend buying up what you can right now. I'll let you know if I see any good deals on mags/ammo in the coming weeks. There are quite a few places that will be getting pmags in next week. There are still a few places that have decent deals on drum mags for the AK if you're interested. I personally don't like them, but it's always good to have; even to sell if everything goes south.

Let me know if you want to sell those US PALM AK30 Mags. I love them and will buy all (4) from you. Hit me with a PM if interested.

If you have a chance to buy the VEPR 12 definitely GET IT! This thing is an absolute beast and well worth the price tag!

Check out Classicarms if you're looking for some more steel mags for the AK. These are Polish made and creme of the crop in terms of steel AK mags. I have some and love them:

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/polak30b

I would have loved to sell the mags to you, but I had a buyer today, so I've got to follow through.

It's funny you mention Classic Firearms; I was just going to PM you about their asking price for the VEPR 12. They're actually just down the road from me. Apparently they expect to get them in after the 1st of Jan, so I hope to be first in line on that! I'm also debating purchasing a second M10-762 through them for investment purposes, and even if I didn't sell it, it would be nice to have a gun with the same parts as my other SHTF AK, or even for my wife to hit the range with me.

I also see that they're expecting some Russian surplus guns, so I'll have to wait and see what that's all about.

Ohhhh I'm excited. :D

Who is expecting the Pmags to be in stock soon?

You know, those steel mags are nice, but I'm a little concerned about what I'm going to get. I've got one steel mag that's AWESOME, it's got a rounded follower on the rear, but the one I have that has a vertical follower, much like that picture at Classic (possibly the same thing) fits extremely tight in my magwell but has a lot of wobble. - The steel mags are the absolute best when they fit right, but they don't always work. I've never had a Bulgarian Circle 10 Waffle that didn't work well, so I have been buying those.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have loved to sell the mags to you, but I had a buyer today, so I've got to follow through.

It's funny you mention Classic Firearms; I was just going to PM you about their asking price for the VEPR 12. They're actually just down the road from me. Apparently they expect to get them in after the 1st of Jan, so I hope to be first in line on that! I'm also debating purchasing a second M10-762 through them for investment purposes, and even if I didn't sell it, it would be nice to have a gun with the same parts as my other SHTF AK, or even for my wife to hit the range with me.

I also see that they're expecting some Russian surplus guns, so I'll have to wait and see what that's all about.

Ohhhh I'm excited. :D

Who is expecting the Pmags to be in stock soon?

You know, those steel mags are nice, but I'm a little concerned about what I'm going to get. I've got one steel mag that's AWESOME, it's got a rounded follower on the rear, but the one I have that has a vertical follower, much like that picture at Classic (possibly the same thing) fits extremely tight in my magwell but has a lot of wobble. - The steel mags are the absolute best when they fit right, but they don't always work. I've never had a Bulgarian Circle 10 Waffle that didn't work well, so I have been buying those.
I bought my VEPR 12 through Classic when they had them in stock about 2 months ago. I paid $999.99 plus shipping. It's a very good price considering the quality of this gun. It's top notch all around. Rumor has it that 1 maybe 2 more shipments of them will hit the shores here, and then that's it. I don't know what the price will be when the get them back, but I would expect them to bump the price a bit due to the current demand. Either way, it's totally worth it. If you don't find one there, check out atlantic firearms. They should have some more in stock soon, too.

I've heard through some of the forums that Classic sponsors that the Russian Surplus guns are Mosin Nagant M44's. Great guns if you don't have one. They recently had some Chinese SKS rifles in stock that were a fantastic buy for the money. Keep a lookout for what they get in. If not there, check out AIMsurplus as well.

Many of the online vendors like Brownell's, MidwayUSA, and Botachtactical are supposed to have some in about a weeks time, so keep checking back. Here are some right now if you're looking to buy them. The odds are we'll never see the at $13.00/mag again. :(

http://www.kygunco.com/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazine-black-5762

Here's another place that's pretty good that just got some standard USGI steel mags at a good price: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30 w.htm

The fit of the steel mags are hit or miss. Most of these AK receivers had to have the mag well hollowed out when imported and they also lack the "dimples" the prevent the side-wobble. I find that the polymer mag are usually better fit and don't have that issue. That's why I like the US Palm mags. They fit both my AK's vey well.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Classic just put out their update! - Looks like their new inventory is actually already coming in, but won't be posted until they catch up on the orders sometime after the 1st.

You can count on me to sit on my computer hitting refresh every 10 seconds until then. :D

There is a lot of different things I'd like to get, but I don't know what to hit up first. Ugh. - I'll probably order a massive supply of ammo and a few more mags before anything else.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
:aargh:

God when will that dumb B!tch die already.

Most ill informed piece of crap senator in CA, Again they misquote every study. And only put in the info they need to make it look like every gun is bad.

I understand there has to be some control over certain guns but She and every other gun grabber have been trying to slowly take firearms away from "The Public". There is not a gun problem there is a mental problem with kids now days. Most are so druged up from their own doctors that they are numb to every thing that is going on in the world. Here little kid: Not doing good in school, heres a pill, Mom and Dad not letting you watch TV, heres a pill, your girlfriend broke up with you, heres a pill.

I felt heart broken when I heard about the 26 people getting killed (I understand it was really 27 but F*ck the killer), I held my children a lot closer that night and on going nights. But I don't have a the money to have an escort to follow my kids to school and to stay with them in school. Like all of the "Elite Class" in Washington.

In the end the only people that lesson to Laws are Law Abiding Citizens, Thanks you dumb ass Gun Grabbers for making the scales in favor of Criminals.

Oh and way to go Gun Grabbers in taking a Ungodly horrible Act and using it to benefit your agendas. May you all BURN in Hell.

RANT OVER!!!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established

Ridiculousness.

This part really gets me though...

• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
So if you already own the gun, you have to go register it with your local law, have another background check, and get fingerprinted... All for a gun you already own?

I'll be writing my representatives about this.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What percentage of people will actually comply with that? - In all honesty, I don't think that will go through. This is her proposal, and they'll always be pushed to settle for less.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't think it will quite yet. All of this crap is gradual.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:aargh:

God when will that dumb B!tch die already.

Most ill informed piece of crap senator in CA, Again they misquote every study. And only put in the info they need to make it look like every gun is bad.

I understand there has to be some control over certain guns but She and every other gun grabber have been trying to slowly take firearms away from "The Public". There is not a gun problem there is a mental problem with kids now days. Most are so druged up from their own doctors that they are numb to every thing that is going on in the world. Here little kid: Not doing good in school, heres a pill, Mom and Dad not letting you watch TV, heres a pill, your girlfriend broke up with you, heres a pill.

I felt heart broken when I heard about the 26 people getting killed (I understand it was really 27 but F*ck the killer), I held my children a lot closer that night and on going nights. But I don't have a the money to have an escort to follow my kids to school and to stay with them in school. Like all of the "Elite Class" in Washington.

In the end the only people that lesson to Laws are Law Abiding Citizens, Thanks you dumb ass Gun Grabbers for making the scales in favor of Criminals.

Oh and way to go Gun Grabbers in taking a Ungodly horrible Act and using it to benefit your agendas. May you all BURN in Hell.

RANT OVER!!!!!
As with you, I've felt the pain being from Chicago. I love the city in some regard, but I've never felt completely safe in it, mostly due to their gun control laws.

Boston and Chicago are my two favorite cities to visit, but I'm never too comfortable walking around, Chicago more-so. It sucks.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
What percentage of people will actually comply with that? - In all honesty, I don't think that will go through. This is her proposal, and they'll always be pushed to settle for less.I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't think it will quite yet. All of this crap is gradual.
Doubtful that most people will comply with that... Also who is going to foot the bill for all of those background checks?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doubtful that most people will comply with that... Also who is going to foot the bill for all of those background checks?
You, who else? - If it actually did go through, you can guarantee there will be an entirely new branch of the BATFE hired almost instantly as some entry-level position.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd definitely buy ammo and mags first. If I see another AK at a decent price I'm going to get one from classic when they do post their new inventory. We'll see what they have. They do have some mags available today that they posted if you guys are interested.

Feinstein is a colossal piece of garbage. I can't believe these morons get voted into office. No offense to those that live in California, but my god you have a f*cked up state out there with anything gun-related. I pray this doesn't get past the house; and I honestly don't think it will. Can you imagine grandfathering all our semi-auto's under the NFA and having them taxed as well? Not to mention all the other B.S. they have in that outline alone? If this B.S. actually does get through congress, prepare for a revolution, gentlemen; because it won't be far off.

In the meantime, sign this petition against Feinstein: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/impeach-sen-diane-feinstein-violating-her-oath-support-and-defend-constitution-united-states-re-awb/sdKKkKJ5

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think she'll get everything, but I do think SOMETHING will come of this.

While I was very young in '94 and have no direct experience, everything I've read says people said "it's not gonna happen" back then too. The "yay" votes started piling up, and next thing you knew there was an AWB. This time around, we have a more radical senate and a far more radical president.

My hope is that people won't just roll over this time around. A mandatory registration on all grandfathered weapons is pretty far-fetched. Even if it passed, which I don't think it will, who the hell is actually going to register?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a great channel on youtube and in my top 3. "MAC" does some awesome gun/gear reviews. This video very nicely breaks down how this new legislation would affect the gun community. I agree she'll never get everything (national registration is not even feasible given the cost involved to enforce it; let alone the fact nobody would comply regardless), but something will probably come of it. I just hope it's minimal in nature. Sign these petitions, guys. We need to speak now!

[video=youtube;JDglpt8hpyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg[/video]

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a great video. I'll continue to watch their channel. - I passed along the petition to a few friends and my local shooter forum. I'm sure they'll disperse it everywhere.

Considering all of this crap, I may borrow 2k from my IRA to make a couple purchases. I'm not into doing that kind of stuff, but as long as it's paid in full within 60 days there is no penalty. That would allow me to avoid any extra 3% fees added from GunBroker sales.

Guns are a different beast; I feel content in knowing that it's an investment, unlike most of my other hobbies.

A couple purchases I'd like to make:

50 AK47 mags / 100 Pmags if ever available again
Vepr 12 or a Saiga 12, depending on what's available
Beretta 92FS, 4 extra mags
FNH FNX-9, 3 extra mags
Browning BLR 30-06
Henry Standard .22 Lever
tons of ammo

Considering I'm only in my mid-twenties, I can't hate myself for not being fully stocked on this stuff. I'm in a better position than most my age, and probably in general, but that doesn't mean I'm content.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
This won't past. People really under estimate the lobbying power that the NRA has. Them alone have enough to stop it, secondly the NRA is just one of many. And as a back up I feel like the people of this fine nation will take there heads out of there asses and do something. It's crazy how in the past 2 weeks how many guns have been bought. Ar going for a grand, the ****. I was talking to this gun shop owner about his business. And he said last week we made about 750k in that week alone. Each day he marks up te prices of his ARs w(whenever he gets them in) it was so baffling to him that people actually believe this ahit. It's come time and time again. "out of my cold dead hand"
Secondly the price of .223 going up.(it's nuts)
Well that's my rant

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
People felt the same way in '94, and look what happened. - They'll get something out of this. I don't believe it will be as extreme as Feinstein's proposal, but something will happen.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why we ALL need to be petitioning our elected officials and let them know we're not going to put up with this crap! Spread the word and fight the good fight!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Here's a template you all can use to insert into the email to make it very easy:

Dear Congressman/woman/person/Senator _________,

The past few weeks have been difficult for our great nation. In the wake of the mass murder/suicide that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School, many proposals have come forward on how to prevent similar events from happening again. Some of the ideas have merit, such as improving our mental health system so that those with deep issues may have access to the treatment they disparately need. Improving our schools’ physical security is another worthy goal of the legislative process and must be examined as well. Students and Staff deserve to have someone within their ranks tasked with defending against the unthinkable acts those with evil intent seek to engage in.

The further eroding of lawful gun owner’s rights is not the solution to our nation’s problems. I am counting on you to honor your oath to the Constitution and to defend our rights. The early proposals being touted have run the spectrum from infringement to outright trampling of the people’s rights. We have some 20,000 + laws on the books now that are designed as forms of gun control measures. Their only success has been in restricting honest persons’ access to the tools they may need to save their lives.

I am asking for your support in stopping any legislative action that seeks to limit, impede, tax, or further inconvenience law abiding citizens from exercising their inalienable right to self defense. Gun owners have long memories as to who supports their rights, and of those that ignore their obligations to support liberty. Your actions will directly affect how we vote in the coming elections.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Should you wish to speak with me directly on this matter, I have included my contact information below.

Sincerely,

Prodogy

Awards
My first rifle was a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and it kicks. I am looking to buy an ak or an sks before any Possible gun ban

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks!

I just saw it and am debating a purchase. I understand that if I don't get it tonight it probably won't be there tomorrow, if ever again.

I just purchased another AK from K-Var a few days back; the SGL21-61. - Unless I sold the M10-762 I'm not sure I could do it. I have the money, but with all the ammo I plan on getting, not to mention the handguns I'd like to get, I'd be in pretty deep. While my 12ga is a pump (Benelli Nova), it's still a 12ga and would have a hard time justifying that expense unless I wanted to flip it...which I wouldn't because I'm greedy like that. :)

Still, I'm thinking about it. - Not that my wife is against it, it's hard to tell her I'm spending another $1200 on a gun. She doesn't even have a handgun for carry yet, and she's been curtailing her expenses to allow me to purchase these last few weeks. Honestly, I just don't have the heart to do it.

With three AKs, a 12ga pump, a full size 40sw and a carry-size 9mm, I should be somewhat content. - More than anything else I should stock up on parts for these guns, as well as more ammo.

I will be getting a Beretta 92FS and a carry gun for my wife, so it's not like I'm quitting.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, btw, I live down the road from Classic...ergo, sales tax.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I dont know about yall...but anything AR has been IMPOSSIBLE to find around here! all the major retailers and local gunny stores stay sold out...as soon as they get a new shipment of anything ar related, its gone and sold out within the hour. Theyve started rationing out and limiting the number of rounds that can be bought at one time...its nuts!!

anybody else having the same problem?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm getting to jump in on a group by with one of the Seal Teams I work with a bit out here in Afghanistanland. It's through Sig. I'm going to pick up the P226 MK25. It will be commemoratively engraved with the team logo, Trident, and such. 819 bucks. Other options are a 40. sub compact, 1911, and their 516/716 patrol rifles. I'd love to get one of the rifles as well, but with a new baby, a new truck I'm purchasing etc etc, I have to choose one or the other. So, I'm going with the pistol. I can get decent deals from Rock River on their AR's (my good buddy is on the Navy shooting team and they get custom rifles at discount from RR) so I'll put it off for later. I have a 1911, it's with my folks for them to hold and use for now, but will return to me eventually. So, MK25 it is. It's the official handgun of the Seals, solid solid gun.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont know about yall...but anything AR has been IMPOSSIBLE to find around here! all the major retailers and local gunny stores stay sold out...as soon as they get a new shipment of anything ar related, its gone and sold out within the hour. Theyve started rationing out and limiting the number of rounds that can be bought at one time...its nuts!!

anybody else having the same problem?
My local store has some ar's and ak's but the prices are crazy high. An average jump of 1000.00. They also have ammo. It's about 50% higher and has a 100 rd cap on it. Glad I loaded up before the sh!t hit the fan.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
My local store has some ar's and ak's but the prices are crazy high. An average jump of 1000.00. They also have ammo. It's about 50% higher and has a 100 rd cap on it. Glad I loaded up before the sh!t hit the fan.
^^
GAY! isnt there laws against price gauging? lol

but seriously you cant even find brass, or .22 bullets to reload. its terrible! I hate it when this crap happens cause everybody panics and freaks out and then stuff like this happens!