The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh, screw it. Made up my mind. I can't the comp series for my needs. I have my eyes set on the XDM 45 with 4.5" barrel. Still has the "match grade" barrel with it, and that's the one I read reviews on that were so stellar. If I don't like the stock sights, I'll have them swapped out at some point. In the meantime, I'll save over a hundred clams and put it towards an ammo stockpile and more magazines. Regardless, I know I'm still in for a hell of an upgraded firearm! :cheers:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
don't the xd / xdm's come with several sight choices (red / green)? or is that front sight only?

enjoy man, one day i will get one.. unless DE's come in .454 or .500 before then. I joke I joke :)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
don't the xd / xdm's come with several sight choices (red / green)? or is that front sight only?

enjoy man, one day i will get one.. unless DE's come in .454 or .500 before then. I joke I joke :)
To my knowledge, only the XDM comp comes with both fibers. Cut and install whichever one you choose. Ultimately, this is what I'd like to get in mine, but in time. Either that or tritium night sights! :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya know it's gotta be something good if I'm in here posting on a weekend. LOL

Got a buyer for the Taurus 9mm. He's not even arguing over my price. Yes!!!! That XDM will be MINE!!!!!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ya know it's gotta be something good if I'm in here posting on a weekend. LOL

Got a buyer for the Taurus 9mm. He's not even arguing over my price. Yes!!!! That XDM will be MINE!!!!!
you get it yet?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you get it yet?
Not yet. I'm meeting the guy at 4:30 today to sell mine. I had one on hold at a gunshop about an hour away and was going to pick it up on Friday. When I called the shop I'm going to tonight (much closer), I inquired about the XDM. They didn't have one in stock, but could get it in 1-2 days and the price was the same as the other shop. So... By tomorrow evening, I will have it as long as this guy tonight doesn't back out on me. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I caved....and bought one. :D

This damn C&R license is seriously going to get me in trouble. I also bought (3) of the Chinese Type 54 M44's when AIMSurplus just had them on sale and in stock. A few are project guns.

I don't know if you guys watch "Iraqveteran8888" on youtube, but I really like his videos. He does a lot of milsurp stuff and gunsmithing/educational vids.

[video=youtube;Gd0kcuy7LPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0kcuy7LPw[/video]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not yet. I'm meeting the guy at 4:30 today to sell mine. I had one on hold at a gunshop about an hour away and was going to pick it up on Friday. When I called the shop I'm going to tonight (much closer), I inquired about the XDM. They didn't have one in stock, but could get it in 1-2 days and the price was the same as the other shop. So... By tomorrow evening, I will have it as long as this guy tonight doesn't back out on me. :D
Yeah, buddy!

So the Meprolight M21 reflex sight that I sold on ebay this week is looking to be a deadbeat buyer. No response and a zero feedback rating. This reminds me why I hate selling sh*t on ebay; but it's still a great place to buy. The process is freakin' ridiculous before I can relist it. This sucks, because this money is going towards and 59/66 Yugo SKS. :D

-T1

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, buddy!

So the Meprolight M21 reflex sight that I sold on ebay this week is looking to be a deadbeat buyer. No response and a zero feedback rating. This reminds me why I hate selling sh*t on ebay; but it's still a great place to buy. The process is freakin' ridiculous before I can relist it. This sucks, because this money is going towards and 59/66 Yugo SKS. :D

-T1
Well that sucks! I took a look at the auction. Too rich for my blood, but it looked like a nice sight! Sucks that the buyer was deadbeat, though. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the cancel and relist.

As I said, sold the Taurus yesterday. The guy who bought it couldn't have been nicer. He has a few of them and is pretty much buying them up for his kids in the future. How nice!! Paid cash, so I handed it right back to the guy at the counter. My 45 is paid for en totale. Now all I have to do is wait for IT TO ARRIVE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! Dude said it'd be here by today, and it better be. I can't wait any longer!!!

Only downside is that I thought the price the guy gave me on the phone was everything out the door. Then at the store, I got charged for the paperwork, tax and whatever. $45 less than what I thought I'd have in my pocket today, which was to go towards ammo so I can shoot this bastard. So, in true TiM fashion, I finished a belt for a guy last night. $50 in my pocket there. Plus delivering a bracelet order to a cop tonight, $30 there, and he wants me to make a dog collar - another $20-$25 for that one. WOO HOOO!!!! I'll start off with a box of Hydra Shocks just so I have my carry ammo, and probably a small box of something decent for plinking. Maybe after payday I'll snag a 250rd box of Remington FMJ ammo from Walmart for a tad under a C-bill. That'd do me fine for a while. :cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that sucks! I took a look at the auction. Too rich for my blood, but it looked like a nice sight! Sucks that the buyer was deadbeat, though. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the cancel and relist.

As I said, sold the Taurus yesterday. The guy who bought it couldn't have been nicer. He has a few of them and is pretty much buying them up for his kids in the future. How nice!! Paid cash, so I handed it right back to the guy at the counter. My 45 is paid for en totale. Now all I have to do is wait for IT TO ARRIVE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! Dude said it'd be here by today, and it better be. I can't wait any longer!!!

Only downside is that I thought the price the guy gave me on the phone was everything out the door. Then at the store, I got charged for the paperwork, tax and whatever. $45 less than what I thought I'd have in my pocket today, which was to go towards ammo so I can shoot this bastard. So, in true TiM fashion, I finished a belt for a guy last night. $50 in my pocket there. Plus delivering a bracelet order to a cop tonight, $30 there, and he wants me to make a dog collar - another $20-$25 for that one. WOO HOOO!!!! I'll start off with a box of Hydra Shocks just so I have my carry ammo, and probably a small box of something decent for plinking. Maybe after payday I'll snag a 250rd box of Remington FMJ ammo from Walmart for a tad under a C-bill. That'd do me fine for a while. :cheers:
Yeah, the OTD price is always skewed. Add in the tax, plus the background check fee and it pretty much adds another $75-100. Great to hear it's finally yours, buddy!

The good thing is I sold a bunch of stuff and probably will be sitting on about $700 to spend here soon. Money burns a hole in my pocket, so needless to say a purchase will be made! I just don't know what I want yet.

I'm toying between either getting an original mosin nagant sniper, swiss K31, or a Saiga 12 (which i'll convert myself.)

Hmmm.....

-T1

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
if you guys are into AK fun check out some vids by Sonny Puzikas, he is an Ex-GRU and can run an AK like no other. been wanting to get some training from him if he ever makes it to within 5-6hrs drive from me.

i would post vids if i had enuff posts :( just 5 morte posts

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The XDM is currently sitting on my desk right next to me so that if nothing else, whenever I see a FB post about "grab the item to your right, that is your zombie defense weapon", I'll have a really good answer!!! And oddly enough, the gunshop didn't have much of a selection for ammo last night. They had some regular Hornady JHPs and another variety. I went with the others - Hornady Z-max. Yup! First rounds purchased for the Mossberg were zombie rounds, and same with the XDM. I'm nothing if not consistent!!!!

I did stop at Walmart before work today and picked up some FMJ rounds. I might crawl up over the hill behind the office over lunch and pop off a few rounds. Always nice to shoot on property adjacent to a prison! LOL :D

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
The XDM is currently sitting on my desk right next to me so that if nothing else, whenever I see a FB post about "grab the item to your right, that is your zombie defense weapon", I'll have a really good answer!!! And oddly enough, the gunshop didn't have much of a selection for ammo last night. They had some regular Hornady JHPs and another variety. I went with the others - Hornady Z-max. Yup! First rounds purchased for the Mossberg were zombie rounds, and same with the XDM. I'm nothing if not consistent!!!!

I did stop at Walmart before work today and picked up some FMJ rounds. I might crawl up over the hill behind the office over lunch and pop off a few rounds. Always nice to shoot on property adjacent to a prison! LOL :D
Congrats!

I bought that Hornady Z-Max ammo for all my guns too, just to have it.

Now go out and shoot that thing.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little pron for y'all...

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does it fit your hand when shooting?
Assuming you mean the XDM.... lol It feels great. I thought about switching the backstrap out to the larger one just to see how it'd be, but I'm honestly VERY happy with the way it feels. It's just... perfect!! And how it shoots.... dude... HIGHLY recommend this!! DEAD on accuracy, even for a crappy shooter like me. Recoil is a little more than my Taurus 9mm, making it easy to shoot and re-acquisition fast. Overall, I'm in love with this thing.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
so TIL: Joe Perry plays guitar righty but shoots lefty??

and Bruce Willis (who I knew was a lefty) is right eye dominant.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ya I seen that on Son of Guns, must have sucked to have all those shells going in your face. When he was shooting in the range.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Ya I seen that on Son of Guns, must have sucked to have all those shells going in your face. When he was shooting in the range.

yup hot brass and a baggy v-neck t-shirt probably not the best combo..

So weird if he is a natural lefty, learning to play guitar righty really hard (but if you ever want to borrow some one elses guitar, and at least until recently pay extra for a lefty model if they even make one, you learned to play righty)... if you can do that - I would think you'd be able to shoot righty?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
yup hot brass and a baggy v-neck t-shirt probably not the best combo..

So weird if he is a natural lefty, learning to play guitar righty really hard (but if you ever want to borrow some one elses guitar, and at least until recently pay extra for a lefty model if they even make one, you learned to play righty)... if you can do that - I would think you'd be able to shoot righty?
I do everything left handed except play guitar. I play it right handed like normal. I think it was easier to learn like that.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Who just bought a Benelli SBE II? This happy/broke mother f*cker!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
001.JPG

I've picked up quite a few more jems for my WW2 collection. I've added a Japanese Arisaka Type 99, 1943 Mosin Nagant Sniper (real one), Steyr M95, and a few M39 Finnish Mosin Nagant's. Thankfully, I was a supplement whore years ago and my rare collection has enabled me to acquire a nice fund for this WW2 collection.

Here's one of the Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant's that I got recently. Can't wait to shoot this bad boy!

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I refinished my Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 a few weeks ago. She came out great!

010.JPG012.JPG014.JPG

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 66831

Here's one of the Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant's that I got recently. Can't wait to shoot this bad boy!

-T1
I'm not one for wood stocks, but that one is REALLY nice, John! I love the character of the wood!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
thats a very nice looking stock, great grain there! or is that just worn finish? hard to tell :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
More from the window shopper:
Talking wheel guns, anyone out there have or has shot? Has the look of the classic S&Ws and holds 7 rounds of .357 :)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 66831

I've picked up quite a few more jems for my WW2 collection. I've added a Japanese Arisaka Type 99, 1943 Mosin Nagant Sniper (real one), Steyr M95, and a few M39 Finnish Mosin Nagant's. Thankfully, I was a supplement whore years ago and my rare collection has enabled me to acquire a nice fund for this WW2 collection.

-T1
Got to agree. The wood grain on that stock look great. Nice pickup.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
More from the window shopper:
Talking wheel guns, anyone out there have or has shot? Has the look of the classic S&Ws and holds 7 rounds of .357 :)
Was one of my first guns I owned was a S&W .357 mag. And still have it. Just started loading Glue Gun Bullets for it so I can shoot at home in the basement or garage.

Most fun you can have with a Glue Gun and Bullet Mold.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
glue gun bullets? really? thats a bit too hardcore for me :)

what model S&W?

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 66831

-T1
damn thats nice!!!!!!!!!!!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
glue gun bullets? really? thats a bit too hardcore for me :)

what model S&W?
I have a S&W Model 65-3. Great trigger and nice bull barrel. Just a joy to shoot.

I put up a Picture of the Glue Bullet and .38 Case.
All you need to do is prime the Case and then push in the Glue Bullet. No gun powder needed. Great for just practice during the winter if you can't make it to the range.

ForumRunner_20120924_193512.png

Attachments

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went out after work yesterday and popped off a few rounds from both the XDM and the Mossberg. I made up two targets - cardboard and a sharpie - and went to town! Two complete sets through the shottie, 10 rds to the face and it was gone (just target load), so nothing worth showing there. At 25 paces (roughly 20 yds), I played around with a person target with the 45. First 7 shots were to the body, and I'll admit, they sucked! For whatever reason, they were all over the place! Then I just said screw it - head shots. Ignore the one on the shoulder, as it was from the body shots (probably the double bump shot that I accidentally let off). But for the face... 6 for 6!! I have to shoot at faces more often. :cheers:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bought some candy today. New mag plate for the XDM, aluminum with a Punisher skull laser-etched. $25 from Brownells.com, and it was the only place that I found 'em for the .45. Will post a pic when I get it!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been having fun with my Sig P238, and will probably be buying either the Ruger SR9 or a Beretta PX4 Storm soon. - Since I'm a southpaw, I have a little extra difficulty finding the right weapon. - I'd prefer the 40cal in the Ruger, but I don't have a single gun that's cheap to shoot. I want something to pink around with whenever I want.

I've seen some great deals on CTD lately, but after the shipping and FFL fees, I may as well buy locally.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finnish M39 (1941 Sako) Mosin Nagant

I refinished this to specific wartime specs complete with pine tar finish. These M39's are as good as in gets in the Mosin Nagant family. I'm pleased.

Attachments

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1943 (Tula) Mosin Nagant PU Ex-Sniper restored:

I've been putting this together for the last month or so. All parts on this gun are time period authentic and original. I found a guy that was liquidating much of his original PU scope collection (including lens covers, scope covers, and mounts) at GREAT prices considering their current open market value, so boy did I hit the jackpot. I have a few more that I'm going to restore.

The Scope is a 1942 PU (Progress factory) scope. The optics are still amazing after 70 years.

Attachments

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Finnish M39 (1941 Sako) Mosin Nagant

I refinished this to specific wartime specs complete with pine tar finish. These M39's are as good as in gets in the Mosin Nagant family. I'm pleased.
damn!!!!!!!!! that is nice

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
R/gun on reddit has a mosin thread last night actually. Op had 100 bucks and wanted to know what people thought :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been away for a bit, but picked up a few nice new additions to the collection. I'll get some pics up this week. Anybody getting anything new for christmas?

-T1

Colby

Colby

Awards
I've been away for a bit, but picked up a few nice new additions to the collection. I'll get some pics up this week. Anybody getting anything new for christmas?

-T1
I'm about to pick me up a Marlin x7vh in 22-250 to do a lil coyote hunting with

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established

-T1

I've been thinking about finding a better CC piece. My XDM is good in the winter because its easily concealable with a jacket but it prints pretty bad in just a tshirt. I was thinking about the S + W bodyguard but I'm still not sure after hearing about some of the problems with them.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Just got a new s&w .357 mag and a HK expert .45 had a XD .40 but it got jacked when I moved...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Attachments

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
This is the group for the .45HK at 25 yards. Top group is te size of a half dollar, that's pretty good fo a .45 at that distance I think.

What do you guys/gals think?

Attachments

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking about finding a better CC piece. My XDM is good in the winter because its easily concealable with a jacket but it prints pretty bad in just a tshirt. I was thinking about the S + W bodyguard but I'm still not sure after hearing about some of the problems with them.
Kahr CW9, FTW!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I had a xd .40 and wanted to get the xdm but couldn't cuz I'm in Cali. That sucks