The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. I also just picked up a new 1911 or should I say a "2011". Will get pics tonight of both guns.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Why is .22 LR so hard to find?
From what I've heard. There is only one manufacture that makes the case for for 22s and they are so back logged they can't keep up. Also everyone is hording and selling it for a high price at the gun shows. So everyone goes to Walmart and other online stores and buys it all up. Goes to gunshows and sell it for a over priced like $100 for 500 rounds of M22 ammo. That's more then I can get .223 for. HAHA.

If your willing to spend the cash I do know of some online places for 22s.
One:
product Title

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Here is my new additions to the family:

Been wanting a 308 rifle for a little while and got one:

Just had to buy it too good of a deal:

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Super sick man!!!
On a side note saw a 500 round case of 223 at Walmart yesterday for 120 bucks
You better have bought all you could.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Yep the one box that was for sale was mine
Steel cased or Brass? Either is still a great deal but brass cased would be better. :saeek:

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Steel cased or Brass? Either is still a great deal but brass cased would be better. :saeek:
It was steel but ill take it I now have some good cheep ammo to shoot in the desert

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
It was steel but ill take it I now have some good cheep ammo to shoot in the desert
Just got one of the 500 round cases from walmart yesterday. $128 out the door. It goes into the stash.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Just got one of the 500 round cases from walmart yesterday. $128 out the door. It goes into the stash.
Nice dude! Tula isnt bad ammo and it beats Wolf ammo for sure!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, been away a while. Did you hear about Georgia, I think Im gonna move there:

Ga. governor signs 'guns everywhere' into law

".............Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, on Wednesday signed the state's "Safe Carry Protection Act," which critics dubbed the "guns everywhere bill," in north Georgia, on the edge of the Chattahoochee National Forest and Cohutta Wilderness area.

"Our state has some of the best protections for gun owners in the United States. And today we strengthen those rights protected by our nation's most revered founding document," Deal said in signing the bill.

The new law, which goes into effect July 1, allows licensed gun owners in Georgia and visitors from 28 other states to bring a gun into a bar without restrictions and carry a firearm into some government buildings that don't have security measures. It also allows school districts to decide whether they want some employees to carry a firearm and religious leaders to decide whether to allow licensed gun owners to tote to their church, synagogue or mosque............"

I have to worry that the state I live in is going to make me a criminal because one of my handguns has a 12 round magazine. Its totally legal right now, we are restricted to 15 rounds, but they have been pushing for 10 rounds, which would criminalize my possession of said magazine.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Well, looks like Jersey is going to pass that magazine ban, pretty sure all the gov has to do is sign it, anybody want to buy some 12 round magazines, Ive got
a few brand new Springfield Armory Springfield XD 40 S&W 12-Round Stainless Steel mags, and a few barely used ones.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well, looks like Jersey is going to pass that magazine ban, pretty sure all the gov has to do is sign it, anybody want to buy some 12 round magazines, Ive got
a few brand new Springfield Armory Springfield XD 40 S&W 12-Round Stainless Steel mags, and a few barely used ones.
They shouldn’t be able to make you get rid of what you currently have. Just ban future sales like what CA did years ago. Its still legal to have 30 round mags in CA just as long as they were bought before 1990 or something.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ya like McCrew said you should be able to keep your mags you own. But I wound check to make sure.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
picked up a sweeet Ghurka knife when I was in Nepal (giant curved double sided blade). used by the Nepalese special forces. trying to figure out how to load a pic.
Those blades are savage as F!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Thoughts on the xds 45 3.3"? I'm 99% compared go the g36 and g30s

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thoughts on the xds 45 3.3"? I'm 99% compared go the g36 and g30s
All in the feel. Both will serve you well, but I'm not a huge fan of the XD line. I'd go with the Glock. - Have you also looked at the M&Pc?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
those arent auto are they?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those arent auto are they?
yes and no. the uzi's bolt is a semi auto only bolt, so its not capable of full auto fire, but the rest of it is still the full auto config. I have to weld in a blocking bar before putting the receiver together as a receiver, and also weld in a block so that in the lower it can't go to the full auto sear setting. On the fal, basically all the parts are the same between full auto and semi other than the upper receiver which I still haven't bought. I'll just be getting a semi of course. I can only imagine what a full auto upper would cost for one, given that it would have had to be manufactured before 83 I think.

see as of right now, neither is considered a firearm, they are just a pile of parts. the uzi is going to require a lot of welding and fitment work to turn it into one. The FAL i'll just buy the receiver, but it will have to come through an FFL dealer

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
either way those are two awesome set ups where did you find them?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
either way those are two awesome set ups where did you find them?
there are all sorts of kits out there, in a lot of different online stores. That doesn't make it any easier to turn it into a complete rifle/pistol though.

The uzi is set up for .45acp rather than 9mm btw :D

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
A little quite around here any thing new guys?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a couple more WWII gun kits, but I broke my ankle and so haven't been able to start welding them up and getting them together.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
a couple more WWII gun kits, but I broke my ankle and so haven't been able to start welding them up and getting them together.
Where you picking these WWII gun kits up from?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Aside from the extra thousand rounds of 5.56 i picked up for $290, nope been doing a lot of traveling so not a lot of extra money for my expensive hobby

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Kinda empty here. Hows everyone doing?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Kinda empty here. Hows everyone doing?
Pretty good. Ran 200 rounds through my 1911 over the weekend. Got a super dirty box of American Eagle 45 acp. Soot every where... including all over my arm

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I have been saving up for a house there hasn't been any money to put into new toys :(

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back when I had free access to a range I would shoot frequently. Tactical range too. It was fun. Public range here does not allow for holster draws or none of the tactical shooting I was taught so I do not go.

Collect and own a number of WW1 and WW2 firearms. For actual defense prefer a modern Browning Hi-Power because it fits my hand naturally. Although trained on the 92FS and AR15 and 700PSS.

Of course, a SMLE III Lee-Enfield with sword bayonet is not to be trifled with. Rule .303 and all that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't been to the range in a while. been accumulating more WWI stuff in parts kits (stens, sterlings, etc) , picked up a mosin and a PSL, getting some parts for another AR10

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been to the range in a while. been accumulating more WWI stuff in parts kits (stens, sterlings, etc) , picked up a mosin and a PSL, getting some parts for another AR10
I've been wanting to build a AR10. Just finished my AR9. I've been loving it right now. But I just also picked up a Mossberg Patriot 308 w/Vortec Scope. Kinda liking the long range shooting now.