The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Perfect timing with this thread, I just checked my order status and my X-Gels will be here Thursday!!! So here is my question, I usually have a pre-workout cocktail of 4g beta alanine, 6g citrulline malate, 200mg caffeine (and occasionally I will include 750mg agmatine sulfate). Should I discontinue this and only use X-gels and alcar or can I keep taking my normal pre-workout drink along with the x-gels and alcar? Forgive my ignorance on this subject
Be careful of too much of a pump... restricting ROM isn't conducive to many of our goals. :D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Be careful of too much of a pump... restricting ROM isn't conducive to many of our goals. :D
Should be a warning on ARA products. Do not use in a GVT regiment.

I remember my arms wanting to explode on days I wrapped up workouts with drop sets to failure.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
OK I've got a dumb question... is there anything in my (current) favorite pre-workout stims Uncut or Stimul8 that will impact my Xgels effectiveness??

Been stacking 1g Xgels, 2 grams LCLT and 6 grams of GMs and its been simply amazing.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Matt

sideshowdoc

Awards
What are the more common sides with ARA, particularly any gi sides reported commonly?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Perfect thanks gents. One more question. So should I dose the ArA+ALCAR 45 minutes out then my normal pre-workout like I always do (about 15 minutes pre?) or take it all 45 minutes before
The first way with the seperate dosing would work very well.

Haha this indeed. If it gets to the point where you cannot scratch your traps, you've gone too far :D

Should be a warning on ARA products. Do not use in a GVT regiment.

I remember my arms wanting to explode on days I wrapped up workouts with drop sets to failure.
I used Max Pump with my first ever Xgels run. Pumps were crazy. I tend to wear lose fitting t shirts to the gym but by the time I was done, the thing felt like an XS lol.
OK I've got a dumb question... is there anything in my (current) favorite pre-workout stims Uncut or Stimul8 that will impact my Xgels effectiveness??

Been stacking 1g Xgels, 2 grams LCLT and 6 grams of GMs and its been simply amazing.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Matt
They are good to go :D

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Post this before, but for what it's worth..

The standard ArA cycle would contain;
1-2g ArA (1.5g seems to be the sweet spot)
2g LCLT (or some form of carinitine)
3-6g GMS

-----------------------

Advanced Cycle:
1-2g ArA
2g LCLT
3-6g GMS
2-5g HCA
4caps ABE

Each having their own reason, of course.

Carnitine would would inhibit ArA being broken down into thromboxanes, enhances lipid packaging and enterocyte (lymphatic) absorption

GMS enhance emulsification in attempt to kinetically enhance the delivery of ArA to the enterocytes, and then to the lymphatics

HCA will aid in cellular uptake of extra ArA

Anabeta Elite (via the ingredient Lodhra Bark) going to inhibit ArA being broken down into luekotrienes

Good thread. Hopefully you can get a sticky
What is HCA?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
That's a really good writeup dude.

Just change norepinephrine to epinephrine in the insulin part and you can have my unbridled love

Reactions: mw1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That's a really good writeup dude.

Just change norepinephrine to epinephrine in the insulin part and you can have my unbridled love
Thanks Coop. Noted and changed.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to stack this with NATADROL, however it has a cissus extract in it? Any thoughts to dosing these together?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mr.cooper69 or anyone else who wants to comment

--

Adenosine Antagonism stimulates PLA2a.

Caffeine -> Adenosine Antagonism -> PLA2a -> Arachidonic acid metabolism

--

NMDA Receptor activation stimulates PLA2a.

DAA -> NMDA Receptor -> PLA2a - > Arachidonic acid metabolism

--

Both of these of course dependent on increased 6:3 fat ratio in cell membranes, as PLA2a doesn't discriminate.

--

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
@mr.cooper69 or anyone else who wants to comment

--

Adenosine Antagonism stimulates PLA2a.

Caffeine -> Adenosine Antagonism -> PLA2a -> Arachidonic acid metabolism

--

NMDA Receptor activation stimulates PLA2a.

DAA -> NMDA Receptor -> PLA2a - > Arachidonic acid metabolism

--

Both of these of course dependent on increased 6:3 fat ratio in cell membranes, as PLA2a doesn't discriminate.

--
This is true, but this step is really way too upstream to be specific to muscle hypertrophy. First, the relevant PLA2 would have to be localized to skeletal muscle (which rules out NMDA) and second, all it's doing is freeing arachidonic acid, which can be converted into any number of hundreds of possible endpoints. The one we want to increase expression of specifically is PGF2a. So perhaps in a PGF2a-inducing state (i.e. exercise), caffeine may free up additional ArA for this pathway. But that's really just conjecture on my part

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is true, but this step is really way too upstream to be specific to muscle hypertrophy. First, the relevant PLA2 would have to be localized to skeletal muscle (which rules out NMDA) and second, all it's doing is freeing arachidonic acid, which can be converted into any number of hundreds of possible endpoints. The one we want to increase expression of specifically is PGF2a. So perhaps in a PGF2a-inducing state (i.e. exercise), caffeine may free up additional ArA for this pathway. But that's really just conjecture on my part
Well, with regards to caffeine there has actually been study on synergy of arachidonic acid in caffeine induced apoptosis.

While that's obviously entirely irrelevant in the exercise context, that indicates some level of interaction between them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well, with regards to caffeine there has actually been study on synergy of arachidonic acid in caffeine induced apoptosis.

While that's obviously entirely irrelevant in the exercise context, that indicates some level of interaction between them.

Yeah of the two you mentioned caffeine has potential, just gotta induce the right pathway

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
How much GMS Micronized are you taking with it?
Approximately 5-6 grams. . . My AS GMS did not have a scoop (that I'm aware of) so I use one full/heaping 5g scoop from an old jug of creatine.

-Matt

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill have a look. A small amount is fine but too high is counter productive. Does it need to be dosed bear Ara?
Cissus is the first ingredient in the blend. And I believe a higher dose of Natadrol is suppose to be dosed pre-workout.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cissus is the first ingredient in the blend. And I believe a higher dose of Natadrol is suppose to be dosed pre-workout.
Ah, thanks kbayne. I cant google from this crappy phone. It may be a good idea, if the dose is significant enough, to run Ars after natadrol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, thanks kbayne. I cant google from this crappy phone. It may be a good idea, if the dose is significant enough, to run Ars after natadrol
He could dose the natadrol as far away from the ArA as possible. Doubt it really matters if he takes the Natadrol pre workout or at another time.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Approximately 5-6 grams. . . My AS GMS did not have a scoop (that I'm aware of) so I use one full/heaping 5g scoop from an old jug of creatine.

-Matt
Note that the density between creatine and GMS may differ, therefore 5g creatine doesn't necessarily = 5g GMS.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
what if you're doing a deload week? should you skip the ara?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, deloads are still very beneficial and the ArA will still be effective.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Asked the exact same question in the SNS company forum and got multiple responses saying to keep taking X gels during my deload week.

Strangely enough during my deload week my hunger has been insatiable.. I want to eat everything in sight!!

-Matt

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Asked the exact same question in the SNS company forum and got multiple responses saying to keep taking X gels during my deload week.

Strangely enough during my deload week my hunger has been insatiable.. I want to eat everything in sight!!

-Matt
Anabeta plus x gels = big grocery bills.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anabeta plus x gels = big grocery bills.
This.

Also ABE helps prevent the converion of Ara into one of the other eicosanoids.

If coop wants to add in how it does this then i'd be happy to add it into the OP

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anabeta made my stomach a black hole when I took it solo.
I never seem to get hungrier when using it. Not that I would actually notice as I tend to get quite hungry anyway.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I never seem to get hungrier when using it. Not that I would actually notice as I tend to get quite hungry anyway.
Could be my issue as well. Haven't tried ABE, however my appetite is usually fairly high so not sure if I'd notice a minor increase.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks MV. I'll update OP later.

1kerry

Awards
Guys iM NEW to X-GELS, and planning to start tomorrow…2 q's:* Should I avoid taking TOP Secret's PUMP IGNITER with XGELS (it has 5 calls per serving) or is good to go?* I train fasted in the morning, wake up at 7:00am and train @8:00 , any suggestions on time/dosing scheme with this stack: XGELS, Original ABE, GMS, D-POL, pure BCAA, AMINO IV, CREATINE MONO, PUMP IGNITER?????? OR IS IT TOO MUCH??THANKS IN ADVANCE!!Very good thread!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Guys iM NEW to X-GELS, and planning to start tomorrow...2 q's:* Should I avoid taking TOP Secret's PUMP IGNITER with XGELS (it has 5 calls per serving) or is good to go?* I train fasted in the morning, wake up at 7:00am and train @8:00 , any suggestions on time/dosing scheme with this stack: XGELS, Original ABE, GMS, D-POL, pure BCAA, AMINO IV, CREATINE MONO, PUMP IGNITER?????? OR IS IT TOO MUCH??THANKS IN ADVANCE!!Very good thread!!
Does Pump Igniter have any anti inflammatories in it?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guys iM NEW to X-GELS, and planning to start tomorrow…2 q's:* Should I avoid taking TOP Secret's PUMP IGNITER with XGELS (it has 5 calls per serving) or is good to go?* I train fasted in the morning, wake up at 7:00am and train @8:00 , any suggestions on time/dosing scheme with this stack: XGELS, Original ABE, GMS, D-POL, pure BCAA, AMINO IV, CREATINE MONO, PUMP IGNITER?????? OR IS IT TOO MUCH??THANKS IN ADVANCE!!Very good thread!!
45min Pre: GMS/DPol/ABE/X-Gels
15min Pre: Pump Igniter/1/2 BCAA of choice (1 sc Amino IV or 1/2 srv pure bcaa)
Intra: Rest of BCAA's