The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't think so...Im asking because it has 5 calls, and XGELS is recommended to take it fasted..
I'd say it's more recommended pre-workout rather than fasted. Insulin may shuttle ArA towards adipose tissue vs. muscle tissue, however if you're taking it pre training I wouldn't worry. Especially over 5 kcals.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't think so...Im asking because it has 5 calls, and XGELS is recommended to take it fasted..
You mean 5kcals?

Thats not enough to do anything

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Very informative and helpful thread, thanks!

Question (hopefully didn't skip the post where it's answered already): is there any indication that women should dose differently?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 more Q ;)

Does taking melatonin has any negative impact on xgels?
No, you're fine.

Very informative and helpful thread, thanks!

Question (hopefully didn't skip the post where it's answered already): is there any indication that women should dose differently?
More body weight dependent, so if you're female, dose less if you are under 150 pounds.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Does taking Vitamin D3 with post workout meal pose any issues, or should it ideally be left until evening?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Does taking Vitamin D3 with post workout meal pose any issues, or should it ideally be left until evening?
Should not be an issue.

There was a study put up here a few months ago showing the benefit of combined vitamin D and leucine/BCAAs, which I assume you are getting somewhere peri workout

Not saying the benefits are fact, but it certainly should not be a bad addition

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Yes, getting enough BCAA's. Good that D3 doesn't pose any issues then. I wasn't sure as I know it does have olive oil in it, even though it's a miniscule amount.

Logey1111

Logey1111

Awards
I've been running xgels 1g/4 gels for about 10 days alone with a baby aspirin preworkout and I am feel the difference. How much will I benefit from LCAR? Also my wife was going by a vitamin shoppe and I asked her to see if they had Glycerol. She bought me Creatine Glycerol Phosphate? Anyone ever hear of this? It's by Metabolic Nutrition and says each serving contains 10g of creatine-glycogen-phosphate. Would this suffice for GMS or should I return it. It was $24...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've been running xgels 1g/4 gels for about 10 days alone with a baby aspirin preworkout and I am feel the difference. How much will I benefit from LCAR? Also my wife was going by a vitamin shoppe and I asked her to see if they had Glycerol. She bought me Creatine Glycerol Phosphate? Anyone ever hear of this? It's by Metabolic Nutrition and says each serving contains 10g of creatine-glycogen-phosphate. Would this suffice for GMS or should I return it. It was $24...
You don't need the carnitine if you're utilizing aspirin. They serve the same function in regards to ARA usage. The glycerol phosphate product she purchased is fine, but you can find bulk GMS for fairly cheap.

Tbol

Awards
I eat my pre - workout meal, around 500 cals and 80 carbs, an hour and a half before my stimul8 and (planned) Ara. Will that have a negative effect on my Ara? I can eat those cals and carbs later, but need them in my bulk diet.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat my pre - workout meal, around 500 cals and 80 carbs, an hour and a half before my stimul8 and (planned) Ara. Will that have a negative effect on my Ara? I can eat those cals and carbs later, but need them in my bulk diet.
That is how I dose it, hope it's ok. That is the problem with bulking, you always gotta be eating! How am I supposed to take these supplements that are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach when my stomach is always full?!

Tbol

Awards
Absolutely!! Trying to fit Ara into Alphamax/ABE stack. Fasted is something I do not comprehend at the moment!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed.. nothing for me gets taken on an empty stomach. Hell today, I finished eating breakfast at 10:30.. and started taking my Pres at 10:45 haha

Miek

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely!! Trying to fit Ara into Alphamax/ABE stack. Fasted is something I do not comprehend at the moment!
Take them intra instead

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I'm a bit puzzled by the dosage of XFA and what it says on my label. It says 825mg for the XFA formula and below that it says 40% ara. So is that 40% (=330mg) of the 825mg (given that this % is listed in the same section), or 40% of the whole softgel, which would be 409.8mg taking in to account the vitamin e, c, magnesium, potassium and selenium?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm a bit puzzled by the dosage of XFA and what it says on my label. It says 825mg for the XFA formula and below that it says 40% ara. So is that 40% (=330mg) of the 825mg (given that this % is listed in the same section), or 40% of the whole softgel, which would be 409.8mg taking in to account the vitamin e, c, magnesium, potassium and selenium?
Neither. It is how much Ara is in the oil blend for Ara. It would be around 250mg.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's fine in my books, especially given exercises effect on epinephrine and epinephrines effect on insulin.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would using something that clears glucose from the blood, that mimicks insulin, let ArA work better during those times when one isn't able to have an empty stomach for dosing?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would using something that clears glucose from the blood, that mimicks insulin, let ArA work better during those times when one isn't able to have an empty stomach for dosing?
Are you working out directly after dosing ArA? If so, I wouldn't over complicate things.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theoretically taking something of that sort with your pre-workout meal would be beneficial in that way.

Tbol

Awards
Much appreciated Gentlemen, great thread btw. I will dose Ara/compete/gms/ABE 45 minutes pre - workout. Stimul8 30 minutes prior, then more compete plus aminoiv intra. Followed by 2 more ABE with first whole food meal post. Gonna be cool! Thanks again for the guidance and informative thread.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
does vitamin-c has any negative impact while taking X-GELS?
Vitamin C doesn't have a direct negative impact with ARA, however vitamin C could potentially hinder recovery wedding taken around your workout. The only reason I could see the need to take vitamin C pre workout is if it is being taken in conjunction with something like potassium nitrate.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Much appreciated Gentlemen, great thread btw. I will dose Ara/compete/gms/ABE 45 minutes pre - workout. Stimul8 30 minutes prior, then more compete plus aminoiv intra. Followed by 2 more ABE with first whole food meal post. Gonna be cool! Thanks again for the guidance and informative thread.
That stimul8 is some strong stuff.....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed.. nothing for me gets taken on an empty stomach. Hell today, I finished eating breakfast at 10:30.. and started taking my Pres at 10:45 haha

Miek
X2, I'm always eating.

deeznu

Awards
ok to stack?

I take a prostate formula containing:
Pygeum extract 320mg
Beta-sitosterol complex 350 mg
Saw Palmetto extract 200 mg
Cornsilk 200 mg
Pumpkin seed extract 150 mg.

Anything in here to cause concern while taking ARA. Thanks

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I take a prostate formula containing:
Pygeum extract 320mg
Beta-sitosterol complex 350 mg
Saw Palmetto extract 200 mg
Cornsilk 200 mg
Pumpkin seed extract 150 mg.

Anything in here to cause concern while taking ARA. Thanks
Whats this product being used for?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good man; no doubt you will enjoy that! Keep us updated with how it goes

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say it's more recommended pre-workout rather than fasted. Insulin may shuttle ArA towards adipose tissue vs. muscle tissue, however if you're taking it pre training I wouldn't worry. Especially over 5 kcals.
Forskolin!!!!! Use that ****

gbwrestler149

gbwrestler149

Awards
Would it be alright to take joint support supplements and X factor at the same time?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Would it be alright to take joint support supplements and X factor at the same time?
If you absolutely need them, you'll want to space them out as far apart as possible. I ran ArA without them even though I was using them for months prior to my run. Surprisingly I had no issues.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
If you absolutely need them, you'll want to space them out as far apart as possible. I ran ArA without them even though I was using them for months prior to my run. Surprisingly I had no issues.
Joint issues from ArA seem to be over exaggerated. It is a possible side effect, but that doesn't mean you WILL experience it.

I haven't seen too many people actually experience joint sides, and if they do they're not bad.

Like he said, space them out. I'd suggest 6-8hours after your ArA dose

Tbol

Awards
Would the "natural" amount of Omega- 3's in eggs or pb really be a factor? Using smart balance for both.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would the "natural" amount of Omega- 3's in eggs or pb really be a factor? Using smart balance for both.
No, youll be fine continuing to consume those.

Tbol

Awards
Thanks, I can switch the timing I consume them. But can't do without the cals etc. Much appreciated! Ara should be on the doorstep tomorrow when I get home!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I can switch the timing I consume them. But can't do without the cals etc. Much appreciated! Ara should be on the doorstep tomorrow when I get home!!!
The supplements fit the diet, not the other way around :D

1kerry

Awards
does taking a cup of coffee with 20 cals from creamer after xgels first thing in the morning has any negative impact on are 's benefits?
thanks!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
does taking a cup of coffee with 20 cals from creamer after xgels first thing in the morning has any negative impact on are 's benefits? thanks!
I'm assuming you're taking X-Gels pre-training, correct? No, I wouldn't sweat 20 kcals.