Tell Us What You Would Like to See From SNS & CEL (2023 Edition)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most multis are way overdosed. I use them just as insurance just in case I am missing something. Id rather have a multi with good forms at a dosage as close to the RDA as possible or less.

The formula should also be taking into consideration the different vitamins and minerals combo that compete for absorption.
Actually another thought on this anyway though is that if we do the formula that I want to - it would be well dosed and be 4 capsules per day - so if you wanted to go with a lower dosage based on personal preferences, you could actually just take 1 or 2 capsules per day and cater your dose to your individual preferences and then would have the ideal forms of everything and the bottle would just last you longer.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I think that a lot of people don't notice benefits from multis - and that's something I would like to change by offering a great one. Now keep in mind, there's not but so much that someone is going to notice from a multi anyway; but I would like to provide one that has the optimal forms and great dosages.

The product that I have designed and got pricing on - literally every mineral in the product that has an Albion form of it is an Albion mineral.

The downside to Albion minerals is that they are expensive compared to basic mineral forms and also that the input dosages can be very high. You mentioned that they only provide elemental forms - they want their minerals labeled only as elemental amounts, but the input dosages to provide those elemental amounts is actually very high - that leads to needing more capsules for the total formula. The use of Albion minerals is a big part of why it would be a 4 capsule formula.

All of the B Vitamins in the formula would be at their ideal coenzyme forms or ideal types and at ideal dosages.

There are a lot of different types of magnesium. Not all of them have a laxative effect. You mentioned Albion and for example, they make several forms of magnesium that don't have a laxative effect.

As for the smaller amounts and thus less caps - its important to note that with minerals, and especially the best forms like Albion, its not the elemental dosage that takes up so much capsule space; its that a large input dose is required to yield those elemental contents. For example, 75 mg. of input on Zinc to yield 15 mg. elemental; 250 mg. d-magnesium malate to yield 50 mg. elemental; 20 mg. Selenium to yield just 200 mcg. elemental; etc.
ive actually taken straight up coenzyme A sodium. better than pantethine. turns into a clear goop if you leave it in your pocket

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ive actually taken straight up coenzyme A sodium. better than pantethine. turns into a clear goop if you leave it in your pocket
I've never tried that straight before.

I do use Pantethine daily and it was part of the ingredient test run I do that significantly reduced my cholesterol this year when combined with some other things; and it will be in Cholesterol Support XT.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually another thought on this anyway though is that if we do the formula that I want to - it would be well dosed and be 4 capsules per day - so if you wanted to go with a lower dosage based on personal preferences, you could actually just take 1 or 2 capsules per day and cater your dose to your individual preferences and then would have the ideal forms of everything and the bottle would just last you longer.
that is exactly what I would do, and if you do bring out a multi, I am certain the formula would be great!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i sounds pretty good. maybe i would get some. maybe some cobalt in there. i remember some articles about people "blood doping with cobalt"

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i sounds pretty good. maybe i would get some. maybe some cobalt in there. i remember some articles about people "blood doping with cobalt"
I probably wouldn't do that because Cobalt is a banned substance by many sports organizations, and I would never want to put anything in a multi-vitamin that could lead to someone failing a test. It's one of those things that 99.9% of people would just never think of to check a multi-vitamin against the banned substance list for their competitive organizations.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
that is exactly what I would do, and if you do bring out a multi, I am certain the formula would be great!
Thank you. I'm kind of an OCD perfectionist and if I couldn't do one that I felt was better than any other available, I just wouldn't do one.

The downside of the one I want to do is that it would be 4 capsules.

But the upside of that is that it would be 4 capsules based in it being a pretty potent multi-vitamin and I had actually considered doing a dual dosing panel showing the dosages at 2 caps and at 4 caps; that way people could pick the dosage that best suited their individual needs. And of course for someone that intentionally wanted to go very low dosing like what you said, you'd wind up with 120 caps as a 4 month supply for around 30 bucks which would be fantastic.

Last edited:
thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I probably wouldn't do that because Cobalt is a banned substance by many sports organizations, and I would never want to put anything in a multi-vitamin that could lead to someone failing a test. It's one of those things that 99.9% of people would just never think of to check a multi-vitamin against the banned substance list for their competitive organizations.
that would explain why it's so hard to purchase that

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely be interested in a product combining the handful of mineral and coenzymated b vitamins.

Like mentioned, 4 capsule serving can be a great product still for low dosers just looking to sprinkle 1-2 caps of quality ingredients in to help shore up any little deficiencies in an otherwise robust diet.

I prefer 4 capsules over 3 tablets - tablets often have funkier smells/tastes. My current magnesium tabs are quite foul, truthfully. Always gag a little, twice a day every day 🤢

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would definitely be interested in a product combining the handful of mineral and coenzymated b vitamins.

Like mentioned, 4 capsule serving can be a great product still for low dosers just looking to sprinkle 1-2 caps of quality ingredients in to help shore up any little deficiencies in an otherwise robust diet.

I prefer 4 capsules over 3 tablets - tablets often have funkier smells/tastes. My current magnesium tabs are quite foul, truthfully. Always gag a little, twice a day every day 🤢
Thank you. I'm excited about this and really want to do it; I just need to gauge interest in it because its a significant investment because its a very large MOQ to do something like this.

I'm the same - I'd much rather take 4 capsules than 3 tablets. I can swallow capsules no problems but sometimes tablets are harder to swallow and then if they start to break apart when trying to swallow them, it can be rough haha

ride1979

Awards
I have a formula designed for a multi and have received pricing back on it. It's a great formula and would be an awesome product; but I'm just not sure about it on a couple levels.

I would love to hear everyone's feedback on this.

The things with multi-vitamins that makes them problematic and why you really don't see many great ones are:
  • Everyone says they want a great product - but then they want it to be super cheap and that's just not realistic because the better forms of vitamins and minerals are much more expensive; and even if some of the add-in's aren't terribly expensive on their own, there can be so many inclusions that it can add up fast.
  • Everyone says they want a great product - but then people complain about the amount of capsules per day they would have to take; and a well dosed one with the better forms of vitamins and minerals with a few good add in's, you're going to be looking at 3 massive tablets or 4 capsules.
The one that I have designed and priced out would in my opinion be the most comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral supplement on the market. It would have pretty much all the advanced forms of the vitamins and minerals, but you would be looking at 4 capsules per day and around 29.99 per month.

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on that.
Good morning Steve from Europe.
I am looking forward to for this multi.
4 capsules is not a problem for me If you assume I already use 4 daily for this purpose: one for Vitamin C, one for D+k2, one for magnesium and lastly for B-complex. So it would be reaaly helpfull to have all these in high conentration plus all the rest minerals and vitamins in a multi.
Price wise it will depend on concentration and the add ons I hope will be in for performance and recovery as tart cherry extract, senactiv or peakO2 hopefully.
Anyway can not wait and trust you it will be worth and will differentiate.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear you on the pricing for a multi. When you can get one from a reputable company for $12-13, pricing at $30 seems steep. That said, Orange Triad is a very well known/rated multi (+ joint formula) on here and other forums and I think sells for something like $40ish? And no one seems to balk at that. Another example of 4-6 tablets if I recall. So I think it's certainly doable for you to produce one within similar cost/tablets. I'd purchase it - and assuming you're able to do similar volume discounts like you do with other multi packs (3-6 range), I could see buying a few bottles at a time.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hear you on the pricing for a multi. When you can get one from a reputable company for $12-13, pricing at $30 seems steep. That said, Orange Triad is a very well known/rated multi (+ joint formula) on here and other forums and I think sells for something like $40ish? And no one seems to balk at that. Another example of 4-6 tablets if I recall. So I think it's certainly doable for you to produce one within similar cost/tablets. I'd purchase it - and assuming you're able to do similar volume discounts like you do with other multi packs (3-6 range), I could see buying a few bottles at a time.
Good points, but remember Orange Triad is a 45 day supply for around $35.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I hope you’re still going to make that Methylation product Steve…
That basically encompasses vitamin b complex

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about a powdered formula instead of, or offered in addition to, the capsules?
If using the preferable forms of vitamins and minerals, I would honestly expect it to taste horrific.

It's doable if enough people would be interested, but I can tell you from my side, I would dread the flavor sample haha

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that there is not a multi-vitamin on the market that sells for 12 or 13 dollars that I would trust and even bother to take.

To use the ideal forms of vitamins and minerals, especially the Albion minerals, the formula that I have designed costs more than 13.00 to make and that's before testing fees, shipping, labels, etc.

I think that is a good example of part of the dilemma here - I would just soon not do one as do a cheap generic type me too multi; if I do one, I want to do one right and have it be significant and special - but to do that, its more expensive to make.

Orange Triad is a good example and those are pretty big tablets. It's not a bad product, but the formula that I would do would have better versions of many vitamins and minerals.

I think that dosage wise - for people that wanted a super potent multi, it would be a month supply; but then for people that wanted a still potent multi but not super potent, it would be a 2 month supply.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good points, but remember Orange Triad is a 45 day supply for around $35.
The downside of Orange Triad is that it doesn't have a lot of the better forms of vitamins and minerals that we would be using in this - and also, the tablets are pretty darn big.

For me, I would much rather swallow 4 capsules than 6 huge tablets.

The product I have in mind, you're be looking at around 30.00 for a month to 2 month supply depending on the dosage you wanted to use.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hope you’re still going to make that Methylation product Steve…
That basically encompasses vitamin b complex
Yes, I do plan on doing the methylation product.

The formula is done, pricing is done, and PO is in for it. We've been working on the label text and label design for it late last week. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to name it though. That has been the hardest part of that project.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good morning Steve from Europe.
I am looking forward to for this multi.
4 capsules is not a problem for me If you assume I already use 4 daily for this purpose: one for Vitamin C, one for D+k2, one for magnesium and lastly for B-complex. So it would be reaaly helpfull to have all these in high conentration plus all the rest minerals and vitamins in a multi.
Price wise it will depend on concentration and the add ons I hope will be in for performance and recovery as tart cherry extract, senactiv or peakO2 hopefully.
Anyway can not wait and trust you it will be worth and will differentiate.
Thank you. Good morning/evening to you too.

That's a great way to look at it and the way that I look at it myself. Right now, I'm taking Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Selenium, and several other things separately so 4 capsules for an inclusive source is actually a reduction in the number of capsules for me.

There will be some neat inclusions, but Tart Cherry wouldn't be one - bc of the dosage - it would add an extra capsule. But I just finalized a very, very comprehensive fruits, veggies type of product that will have Tart Cherry in it and its a product unlike anything else available bc it uses the ideal forms and dosages of a lot of things in that category.

PEAK02 wouldn't be a part of it because of the dosage. The minimum effective dosage for PEAK02 is 2 grams per day so that would be 3 capsules all to itself and its an expensive ingredient so it would turn it into too many capsules and too high of a price. We offer PEAK02 capsules as a single ingredient option so people could easily add it if they wanted to.

Thank you for the kind words and support. I hope that you'll be pleased with this when we release it.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
We use PES Tru-Multi currently - costs are roughly similar, though 3 capsules rather than 4. For something you've formulated Steve - we'd definitely switch (though would prefer capsules over tablets).

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t even know what I want out of a multi sometimes. I don’t like spending over $20 but I think that’s because any multi I buy I feel like I’m “sacrificing” something so I hate to pay a lot when I’m not fully satisfied.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t even know what I want out of a multi sometimes. I don’t like spending over $20 but I think that’s because any multi I buy I feel like I’m “sacrificing” something so I hate to pay a lot when I’m not fully satisfied.
The formula for this one is very comprehensive and cover a lot of bases. I think it would be a month supply for some people and a 2 month supply for others.

But because of the cost of the advanced forms and also some of the extra inclusions, it would be impossible to sell for 20.00. Even selling it for 30.00, it would be a very low margin item on our end.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We use PES Tru-Multi currently - costs are roughly similar, though 3 capsules rather than 4. For something you've formulated Steve - we'd definitely switch (though would prefer capsules over tablets).
Thank you.

I just looked at theirs and no offense to PES because I generally like some of their things, but the formula that I have for this would be a lot more complete than theirs. I see the direction they're wanting to go with theirs, which is a good business move bc it keeps their costs down, but for me, if I do one then I'm wanting to go all out on the formula.

I'm the same - I'd much prefer capsules over tablets.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The formula for this one is very comprehensive and cover a lot of bases. I think it would be a month supply for some people and a 2 month supply for others.

But because of the cost of the advanced forms and also some of the extra inclusions, it would be impossible to sell for 20.00. Even selling it for 30.00, it would be a very low margin item on our end.
Ya I meant more like I’d be annoyed if some of these brands charged $30 because none of them would seem worth it, not that I wouldn’t see the value in a $30 if the formula was good.

I think $30-35 would make sense, depending on what is included.

I’d also probably consider half dosing if it’s truly loaded, but that’s more a personal thing than what I think others may want to do.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya I meant more like I’d be annoyed if some of these brands charged $30 because none of them would seem worth it, not that I wouldn’t see the value in a $30 if the formula was good.

I think $30-35 would make sense, depending on what is included.

I’d also probably consider half dosing if it’s truly loaded, but that’s more a personal thing than what I think others may want to do.
My thought on the way I did the dosages is that companies like NOW Foods at one time had their Vit-Min Caps, Vit-Min 100, and Vit-Min 75 - and really had them because different people wanted different dosages. These were good multi's for what they were - they weren't designed to be super special with all the Albion forms or anything.

So my thinking was that if I did one that was super loaded at 4 capsules, people could adjust their dosage based on their individual needs.

I need to figure out a name for the product. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. This is one of those categories where almost every possible name seems taken.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had thought about Multi XT.

I really wanted a fancier cool name for it, but everything fancy and cool I think of is taken.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
I haven't followed this entire thread so maybe these have already been mentioned, but I would love SNS ubiquinol and fish oil.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't followed this entire thread so maybe these have already been mentioned, but I would love SNS ubiquinol and fish oil.
Thank you. I had thought about both of those, but the market is so saturated with them is why we've never done them.

I had actually thought about trying to do a high potency Algal oil for people like myself that hate fish oil bc it bothers my stomach and I hate the taste of it.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Thank you. I had thought about both of those, but the market is so saturated with them is why we've never done them.

I had actually thought about trying to do a high potency Algal oil for people like myself that hate fish oil bc it bothers my stomach and I hate the taste of it.
Gotcha. If you made them I would buy them but I get it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gotcha. If you made them I would buy them but I get it.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Is there any certain dosage of Ubiquinol that you would like to see us do? I'm open to the idea.

If we did a fish oil, I had thought about trying to do a very high potency one in terms of EPA/DHA content.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and that their New Years is off to a great start.

Each year, I do a thread asking for suggestions as to what products that people would like to see from us as well as what ingredients that they’re interested in or would like to see included in formulas.

I really enjoy helping people and interacting with people and hearing their ideas, answering questions, and throwing around ideas with them.

I look forward to hearing any ideas that people would like to see from SNS, Competitive Edge Labs, or Muscle Addiction in 2023.

Also, you can feel free to share any ideas that you’d like to see from Xtreme Performance Gels and I’ll be glad to pass them along.

Feel free to suggest single ingredient and/or combination ideas.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas.
HMB or Epicatichen

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
HMB or Epicatichen
We were one of the first companies to ever offer a high potency Epicatechin product - Epi-Plex from Competitive Edge Labs.

Epi-Plex contains 300 mg. Epicatechin + Bioperine for absorption enhancement per capsule.

HMB I've thought about, but in talking to other company owners that offer it, it just doesn't sell like it used to. There are so many Amazon brands now that don't even bother to try to meet label claims that are selling it and that can really ruin the interest of good quality companies from even wanting to bother to offer an ingredient.

I would be open to an HMB though if enough people were interested.

But I will also say that Phosphatidic Acid XT is much better for mTOR activation that HMB is in my opinion, and the upcoming Pepti-Plex product will be much better than HMB as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've used a lot of HMB on and off, even Clear Muscle and liked it more than most, but honestly Peptistrong (in upcoming PeptiPlex) would probably be better and if you want something recovery oriented the huge dose of HICA + other ingredients in Muscle Addiction Recovery Fix would be a good option.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I need to figure out a name for the product. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. This is one of those categories where almost every possible name seems taken.
"The Basics"? Multi XT is an obvious one, if not very strong/standout.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Crux XT ?
I think its important with a multi for the average consumer to know its a multi by the name of it. I understand and like where you're going with that, but not sure the average person would get it.

I don't meant that negatively, I truly appreciate the suggestion.

A lot of times even unused ones wind up contributing to the one we wind up going with.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Is there any certain dosage of Ubiquinol that you would like to see us do? I'm open to the idea.

If we did a fish oil, I had thought about trying to do a very high potency one in terms of EPA/DHA content.
Ubiquinol I generally use 100mg in MCT oil. Certain times of year I use 200mg though so I keep both.

The fish oil I use is 500 EPA 250 DHA per and it's enteric coated. I only buy high potency.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ubiquinol I generally use 100mg in MCT oil. Certain times of year I use 200mg though so I keep both.

The fish oil I use is 500 EPA 250 DHA per and it's enteric coated. I only buy high potency.
I like the NOW Foods Enteric Coated Fish Oil that had the high potency EPA:DHA ratio; but my stomach just can't handle fish oil and I still taste it a little and I despise the taste of fish.

I started using Algal oil which interestingly has a reverse ration of more DHA to EPA. The one I use has 300 mg. DHA to 150 mg. EPA per softgel.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
off topic but when will inhibit-e and furosap xt be back in stock
We are hoping to have both products back in stock within the next 2 weeks.

We're getting a lot of items back in stock at a pretty good pace and have been doing our best to increase inventory levels to minimize out of stocks.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Steve - I find Sabroxy to be a big help for focus (like many others, from what I read). What about a version of Focus XT that also included Sabroxy, maybe call it Focus+ XT or Ultimate Focus XT or such?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steve - I find Sabroxy to be a big help for focus (like many others, from what I read). What about a version of Focus XT that also included Sabroxy, maybe call it Focus+ XT or Ultimate Focus XT or such?
I'm really glad that you like Sabroxy XT.

I actually had thought about doing an advanced version of Focus XT with Sabroxy and some other things in it, and I may.

We're hoping to have Focus XT back in next month finally and the first priority is getting it back in stock and then releasing a couple new flavors. After that, I had been considering doing a version that would have a few more ingredients - I could make an argument for or against that because I don't want it to confuse people, but definitely is a consideration.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
HyperFocus XT?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
HyperFocus XT?
I was thinking Focus XT - Ultimate or Ultra.

But right now the priority is just getting the regular back in stock first. But it would be cool to do an advanced one. But if I do, I'm conflicted on whether to put any stims at all in it or leave it stim free so that people can take it with whatever else they want.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How is it I can buy Pepti-Plex from DPS right now, yet it's not even on the SNS site or anything?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How is it I can buy Pepti-Plex from DPS right now, yet it's not even on the SNS site or anything?
SNS should have it they just haven’t listed it for sale yet. Surprised DPS has it listed since the write up isn’t up yet, but they’ve had the page up (but oos) all week.