Tell Us What You Would Like to See From SNS & CEL (2023 Edition)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do want to eventually do a Clusterdextrin, it just has gotten pushed back by some other things being prioritized in front of it.

The idea has been discussed about the purple sweet potato type product too, but a hold up on that is that it stained everyone's tongue purple and also turned bowel movements purple. For people here on AM, they may know that and be okay with that, but market wide that could turn into a complaint heavy and return heavy type of situation. I wanted to be able to offer it because I always want to be able to make people happy, but I've had to hold off on that one bc I'm not sure its smart for business. When things settle down some, that may be one that I do a small type batch of just for the people here that know that may happen with it.
Understandable, was pretty sure there was some discussion just couldn’t remember the outcome.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do want to eventually do a Clusterdextrin, it just has gotten pushed back by some other things being prioritized in front of it.

The idea has been discussed about the purple sweet potato type product too, but a hold up on that is that it stained everyone's tongue purple and also turned bowel movements purple. For people here on AM, they may know that and be okay with that, but market wide that could turn into a complaint heavy and return heavy type of situation. I wanted to be able to offer it because I always want to be able to make people happy, but I've had to hold off on that one bc I'm not sure its smart for business. When things settle down some, that may be one that I do a small type batch of just for the people here that know that may happen with it.
Easy fix! Call it Purp Shitz XT and pay a popular gen z tik tok person to make it into a challenge. The purple shitz challenge. Boom 🤯. And before you ask…yes…yes I am a marketing genius

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Easy fix! Call it Purp Shitz XT and pay a popular gen z tik tok person to make it into a challenge. The purple shitz challenge. Boom 🤯. And before you ask…yes…yes I am a marketing genius
Ha. Sadly I think that may would work for some companies with the right influencers.

In our case though, we get nit picked to death about everything it seems like.

My personal favorite thing this year so far I believe is people complaining about Titanium Dioxide in capsules - which is the ingredient that makes the capsules white. Some people act like they're going to drop dead bc of a study showing that it could be dangerous if INHALED - so, it's like - okay people, its supplements, not cocaine - swallow your capsules, don't crush them up and snort them lol.

Oh, and 99% of the people freaking out about that also don't realize that the number 1 thing they consume titanium dioxide in is - drumroll please - toothpaste!

I get being health conscious, I really do, but there comes a point where people really need to fact check some of the BS they worry about and use common sense.

I use that example so you can see that as much as we go through with stuff like that as a company, imagine what it would be like with the purple situation - bc I actually could see that being concerning to the average person.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ha. Sadly I think that may would work for some companies with the right influencers.

My personal favorite thing this year so far I believe is people complaining about Titanium Dioxide in capsules - which is the ingredient that makes the capsules white. Some people act like they're going to drop dead bc of a study showing that it could be dangerous if INHALED - so, it's like - okay people, its supplements, not cocaine - swallow your capsules, don't crush them up and snort them lol.

Oh, and 99% of the people freaking out about that also don't realize that the number 1 thing they consume titanium dioxide in is - drumroll please - toothpaste!

I get being health conscious, I really do, but there comes a point where people really need to fact check some of the BS they worry about and use common sense.

I use that example so you can see that as much as we go through with stuff like that as a company, imagine what it would be like with the purple situation - bc I actually could see that being concerning to the average person.
Jeeze titanium dioxide! You trying to kill us! 🤣. Might as well just put plutonium in there why don’t ya! Hahaha

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
We are hoping to have Immune Support XT back in stock within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, we do plan on doing a supplement to help with improved VO2 Max and actually have been working with a branded ingredient company on a possible new ingredient for it, so I'm very excited about that. I would hope for a late Q1 release for it.

As far as breathing and VO2 Max in general, I'm very pleasantly surprised at how much Sabroxy XT has helped me with that.
Is that going to be the new version of Immune Support xt?

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would love to see..

the mysterious

Libidio supplement I ask for every month. :cool:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would love to see..

the mysterious

Libidio supplement I ask for every month. :cool:
I hope that that will be a Q1 release.

Sometimes things get delayed for various reasons, and in this case its mainly been raw material availability. The formula has been done, but one or more of the ingredients have been in short supply - and they're branded ingredients so its not something we can just go and find a different supplier for. I hadn't wanted to release it to just sell out of it and then not be able to get it back in for a long period of time.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Everyone around me is becoming a zombie so looking forward to this to help me fight them off. :LOL:
Ha. That would make for a hilarious animated ad type idea :ROFLMAO:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Not to stir the pot but I at least think the EFSA removing its approval of titanium dioxide as a food additive may play a part in this:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not to stir the pot but I at least think the EFSA removing its approval of titanium dioxide as a food additive may play a part in this:

That is what caused it because it confused a lot of people.

The laws over there are very different than here. In a cliff notes sense - they weren't worried so much about the amount of titanium dioxide in a capsule or toothpaste as they were for example a food vendor adding so much as to try to make a dish of curry be white. The thing is, the law that applies to one there applies to the other.

This is almost exactly like the Silica/Silicon Dioxide ridiculousness a few years ago.

Some idiot, I mean blogger, posted some clickbait BS about Silicon Dioxide being dangerous and it got some traction. It's commonly used as a flow material in supplements and appears under the other ingredients in many products. The person used out of context comments about it being a carcinogen. They intentionally misled and left out that that was if it was inhaled.

That led to the frustrating, but honestly hilarious situation of a bunch of meatheads using every aas and obscure research chemical known to man thinking they were going to drop dead bc of silicon dioxide in capsules - not realizing silicon dioxide is Silica - one of the most popular hair, skin, and nail ingredients on the market. So here you have some of the hardcore guys thinking they're going to fall out over silicon dioxide in trace mg amounts in capsules when their wives/girlfriends were likely buying it and taking 3 grams a day for their hair.

Context and common sense are important, and both seem to get ignored more often than not in today's world unfortunately.

Another real life example - sitting at a softball game a couple years back and talking supplements with someone, this lady with a gatorade in her hand letting her small child drink it interjects in our conversation to tell us how bad those capsules are with colors in them. My friends daughter, who went on a lot of adventures with me and my daughter and is a total smartass, her face lit up and I cringed and tried to keep a straight face- as she proceeded to bait the woman into a conversation on artificial colors before sitting beside her so they could read the ingredient panel of her gatorade together (which has the same artificial colors she was going on about being in colored capsules). :ROFLMAO:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is what caused it because it confused a lot of people.

The laws over there are very different than here. In a cliff notes sense - they weren't worried so much about the amount of titanium dioxide in a capsule or toothpaste as they were for example a food vendor adding so much as to try to make a dish of curry be white. The thing is, the law that applies to one there applies to the other.

This is almost exactly like the Silica/Silicon Dioxide ridiculousness a few years ago.

Some idiot, I mean blogger, posted some clickbait BS about Silicon Dioxide being dangerous and it got some traction. It's commonly used as a flow material in supplements and appears under the other ingredients in many products. The person used out of context comments about it being a carcinogen. They intentionally misled and left out that that was if it was inhaled.

That led to the frustrating, but honestly hilarious situation of a bunch of meatheads using every aas and obscure research chemical known to man thinking they were going to drop dead bc of silicon dioxide in capsules - not realizing silicon dioxide is Silica - one of the most popular hair, skin, and nail ingredients on the market. So here you have some of the hardcore guys thinking they're going to fall out over silicon dioxide in trace mg amounts in capsules when their wives/girlfriends were likely buying it and taking 3 grams a day for their hair.

Context and common sense are important, and both seem to get ignored more often than not in today's world unfortunately.

Another real life example - sitting at a softball game a couple years back and talking supplements with someone, this lady with a gatorade in her hand letting her small child drink it interjects in our conversation to tell us how bad those capsules are with colors in them. My friends daughter, who went on a lot of adventures with me and my daughter and is a total smartass, her face lit up and I cringed and tried to keep a straight face- as she proceeded to bait the woman into a conversation on artificial colors before sitting beside her so they could read the ingredient panel of her gatorade together (which has the same artificial colors she was going on about being in colored capsules). :ROFLMAO:
Some people just deserve to get got 🤣

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would like to see a comprehensive bone health formula. But really focused on health, strength, infection/inflammation resistance and longevity, not as a means for body recomp

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I think there was talks about doing a product for bmp but if I’m not mistaken there was an ingredient that’s a bit estrogenic in some current products which are out there for the same purpose..

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would like to see a comprehensive bone health formula. But really focused on health, strength, infection/inflammation resistance and longevity, not as a means for body recomp
Interested in maybe what ingredients you have in mind or how it differentiates from a body comp formula? Sounds intriguing though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Standalone Ecklovia Cava?
That's something I've thought about but so far there are two reasons why I haven't - it has never sold well as a single ingredient for other companies, and we use a very specific raw material for it and almost all available supply has been going towards using it in Anabolic XT, which we continue to increase inventory levels of. I never want to get into a situation where we run out of Anabolic XT just to run a small run of Ecklonia Cava capsules.

This is one where I had to put my personal desire aside to make a decision that was best for business haha. But it is possible one day.

Thank you for the suggestion.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think there was talks about doing a product for bmp but if I’m not mistaken there was an ingredient that’s a bit estrogenic in some current products which are out there for the same purpose..
Yes, there will be a natural anabolic that incorporates bmp aspects into it.

We actually had a formula for bmp and even had labels done, but we tossed about a grand worth of labels bc I just wasn't happy with the formula. It was great for bmp aspects, but for body composition and recomp, I just feel like the bmp pathway is best targeted along with other pathways, so decided to build out a more complete product that targets multiple pathways with BMP being a part of it.

I will confirm that the ingredient I believe you're referring to that is estrogenic will NOT be in the product. That ingredient does work for increasing bmp, but there are other things that work as well or better without being estrogenic, so that's the route that we went with the formula.

Even though these other ingredients are more expensive so they make the product cost more to make on our end, I'm okay with that because I think they work better anyway and it avoids any possible estrogenic issues.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, there will be a natural anabolic that incorporates bmp aspects into it.

We actually had a formula for bmp and even had labels done, but we tossed about a grand worth of labels bc I just wasn't happy with the formula. It was great for bmp aspects, but for body composition and recomp, I just feel like the bmp pathway is best targeted along with other pathways, so decided to build out a more complete product that targets multiple pathways with BMP being a part of it.

I will confirm that the ingredient I believe you're referring to that is estrogenic will NOT be in the product. That ingredient does work for increasing bmp, but there are other things that work as well or better without being estrogenic, so that's the route that we went with the formula.

Even though these other ingredients are more expensive so they make the product cost more to make on our end, I'm okay with that because I think they work better anyway and it avoids any possible estrogenic issues.
When would you expect this to come out roughly? Muy interested in an SNS take on BMP

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When would you expect this to come out roughly? Muy interested in an SNS take on BMP
I want to clarify for anyone reading, when I'm talking about bmp, I'm talking about the subject of bone morphogenetic proteins, not the product named BMP. I just wanted to clarify that because I never want anyone to get confused and think I'm talking about someone else's product when I'm discussing the subject itself.

On the subject of bone morphogenetic proteins, I feel that it is one potential avenue into targeting building muscle and fat loss and that targeting this specific pathway is going to work much better for some people than others.

That's why, as I mentioned above, that when we had a bmp type product designed, I wound up throwing out the labels because I just wasn't happy with just targeting that pathway. Like I just couldn't honestly tell people that it would be worth trying that over many of the other products that we offered.

That led into a lot more research and into building out a very advanced product that targets muscle building and fat loss via multiple pathways, several of which will be greatly accelerated by the inclusion of ingredients in the product to target bmp pathways.

I'm hoping for a Q1 release - probably mid-Q1 if all goes well. The formula is done and the labels were just finalized this week. Many of the raw materials are in and already been tested, and the few remaining ones are on the way. We test all raw materials, so for us, it isn't simply just getting something in and moving to production, so the testing does take a little time to get results back on.

This is a very advanced product and it will feature a new branded ingredient and the science on it is very very deep as to how it works, the pathways through which it works, and the way that they all work together to amplify one another. I think it will work well for most everyone, but I do expect there to be some hyper responders to it too which I think is kind of exciting.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want to clarify for anyone reading, when I'm talking about bmp, I'm talking about the subject of bone morphogenetic proteins, not the product named BMP. I just wanted to clarify that because I never want anyone to get confused and think I'm talking about someone else's product when I'm discussing the subject itself.

On the subject of bone morphogenetic proteins, I feel that it is one potential avenue into targeting building muscle and fat loss and that targeting this specific pathway is going to work much better for some people than others.

That's why, as I mentioned above, that when we had a bmp type product designed, I wound up throwing out the labels because I just wasn't happy with just targeting that pathway. Like I just couldn't honestly tell people that it would be worth trying that over many of the other products that we offered.

That led into a lot more research and into building out a very advanced product that targets muscle building and fat loss via multiple pathways, several of which will be greatly accelerated by the inclusion of ingredients in the product to target bmp pathways.

I'm hoping for a Q1 release - probably mid-Q1 if all goes well. The formula is done and the labels were just finalized this week. Many of the raw materials are in and already been tested, and the few remaining ones are on the way. We test all raw materials, so for us, it isn't simply just getting something in and moving to production, so the testing does take a little time to get results back on.

This is a very advanced product and it will feature a new branded ingredient and the science on it is very very deep as to how it works, the pathways through which it works, and the way that they all work together to amplify one another. I think it will work well for most everyone, but I do expect there to be some exciting hyper responders to it too which I think is kind of exciting.
Me hearing about bone morphogenetic proteins for the first time:

IMG_9001.JPG

Color me intrigued

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Me hearing about bone morphogenetic proteins for the first time:

View attachment 238711

Color me intrigued
Ha. It's an interesting subject and one that I've been hesitant to say much about because there are hardly any products in this category and I've worried that anything I say on the subject could get taken negatively towards someone else's product, when it would really just be trying to discuss the subject itself.

For example, I don't ever mention this, but since it was already mentioned above by someone else, I'll say that one big issue that I have with some ingredients in this category is that although they may increase bone morphogenetic protein, they may also increase estrogen and I would never use some of those ingredients personally nor include them in a product. That's not a knock at all against any company that does - if looking at it from a singular standpoint, some of these ingredients do hold potential for increasing certain bone morphogenetic proteins, but I look at things from an overall big picture standpoint and my belief is that the risks outweigh the rewards in this case. Especially when there are other ingredients that I feel are better anyway, but that are just quite a bit more expensive to use - but I would rather have an increased product cost on my end and a lower margin than risk anyone having any type of estrogenic issues.

Overall on the subject of bone morphogenetic protein, my opinion is that it is a unique category and has potential to help increase lean muscle and fat loss, but that it's a pathway that will work much better for some people that others; especially if its the only pathways being targeted.

That's why in building out this product, and I want to make sure people realize this - that this product is designed to target increasing multiple bone morphogenetic proteins, but that's only a small part of the way this product works.

I want to emphasize that if you're looking for something to increase bmp, this product will definitely have you covered; but even if you removed the bmp aspects completely, this product minus every bmp aspect would still be a very unique and innovative product and target multiple muscle building and fat loss pathways.

The significance of this, besides the obvious benefit of it targeting lean muscle and fat loss via multiple pathways, is that going back to what I said above about how I feel that targeting the bmp pathways in general may be better for some people that others - to expand upon that, by targeting some of these other pathways that this product does can kind of open the door for people to respond better from the bmp pathways themselves.

So basically, the product would work even without the bmp pathways being targeted, will work well for people via bmp pathways that may not typically get many results from only targeting bmp pathways, and will allow for people that do respond very well to targeting the bmp pathways to likely being hyper responders to it.

When we release the product, I'll be releasing a massive in depth piece explaining bone morphogenetic proteins in a way that makes them easy for people to understand. There are actually multiple bone morphogenetic proteins, and each do slightly different things and some are more beneficial for building muscle than others.

Since I'm finally confirming this is in the works and has a tentative Q1 release date, I want to make it clear that this will be a Competitive Edge Labs product, and will be one of several extremely exciting and comprehensive CEL products coming up.

We've discussed in the past that how sometimes I tend to over-formulate things in that I add so much to the formula that it winds up being so comprehensive and expensive to make, yet I always try to make sure they sell at an affordable price and wind up with a super low margin - this is a great example of that haha, bc this product is insanely comprehensive and has 14 high end active ingredients all at their efficacious dosages including 9 branded ingredients, and including one very exciting new branded ingredient.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really looking forward to the powder releases next year. I really really need to cut back on the energy drinks, not that I drink a ton each day, but even one a day is not very cost effective compared to powder formulas. I don't want to just take more pills for this need, so I grabbed an energized bcaa drink that was on sale at Walmart, but I REALLY REALLY just wanted THE energized aminos again. I loved that stuff. :cry:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Really looking forward to the powder releases next year. I really really need to cut back on the energy drinks, not that I drink a ton each day, but even one a day is not very cost effective compared to powder formulas. I don't want to just take more pills for this need, so I grabbed an energized bcaa drink that was on sale at Walmart, but I REALLY REALLY just wanted THE energized aminos again. I loved that stuff. :cry:
Thanks. I'm looking forward to a lot of them being available too. I think its the next logical step for us as a company, to fill out product offerings in many of those areas.

We do still have some cool capsulated products coming out too - quite a few of them - but most of the design work is done on them at this point, so its just a matter of timing as to when they'll be released.

I miss Energized Aminos myself and I'll go ahead and confirm that is the top priority to get back in stock right after Focus XT on the flavored powder side. The formula will be slightly changed and I think it will be even better than before.

migsacura

migsacura

Awards
Not sure if anyone has asked before but a product that I would suggest is something that would focus on pain management.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Modified citrus pectin
This is the first time anyone has ever asked me for that.

Are there any specific dosages or specs you're looking for? I'll be glad to look into it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure if anyone has asked before but a product that I would suggest is something that would focus on pain management.
Is there something particular that you had in mind.

We have a lot of things already that help with pain relief:
  • Pepti-Plex - a lot of people report it helping with muscle pain and injuries
  • Joint Support XT - joints, tendons, ligament, cartilage
  • Recovery Fix - muscle soreness and recovery and a lot of people with autoimmune and fibromyalgia pain really like it
  • Cissus XT - tendons, ligaments, joints
  • XPG CurcuPrime Gel - excellent for inflammation and pain
Then, I'll go ahead and confirm 2 products due out soon:
  • SNS PEA Relief - Palmitoylethanolamide
  • CEL Joint Edge
I'm always open to ideas in this category.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the first time anyone has ever asked me for that.

Are there any specific dosages or specs you're looking for? I'll be glad to look into it.
I was thinking it would be a great option for the anti/healthy aging category.

I believe the sweet spot is around 5 grams… so would most likely have to be offered as a powder.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was thinking it would be a great option for the anti/healthy aging category.

I believe the sweet spot is around 5 grams… so would most likely have to be offered as a powder.
Thank you. I've looked into it a little but not very in depth. I'm adding this to my list to get pricing for and to also look into more deeply.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wanted to let everyone know that the New Years Sale has started.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

On a heavy to ship item no less, that by it's nature, I would assume is on the lower end profit margin wise to being with. Strong pass on the purple poo powder.

Out of curiosity, was it ever tested in a blend, say 25% purple 75% reg. sweet potato?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On a heavy to ship item no less, that by it's nature, I would assume is on the lower end profit margin wise to being with. Strong pass on the purple poo powder.

Out of curiosity, was it ever tested in a blend, say 25% purple 75% reg. sweet potato?
I'm not sure if anyone has ever sold it in a blend at that ratio.

I think the purple aspect deters most brands from using it.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I loved the purple sweet potato powder, stuff was fantastic.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I loved the purple sweet potato powder, stuff was fantastic.
It's still something we may do at one point. My main worry is the possibility of getting hit with a lot of returns and unhappy people with the way it stains and affects stool coloration.

I'm still open to considering it, there are just some major projects that are prioritized in front of it at the moment.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly do not recall it ever staining or discoloring my stools.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I honestly do not recall it ever staining or discoloring my stools.
I never used it myself, so I'm going off of the feedback from many that did.

It's not a hard product to do at all the way I was planning to do it.

The original formula that people liked and asked us to do something close to was a 39 gram blend of High Anthocyanin Purple Sweet Potato, Whole Oat Powder, and Glucomannan.

My thought was to do 1 scoop containing 25 carbs, that way people can customize their dose however they want, and it being from the High Anthocyanin Purple Sweet Potato, Gluten Free Whole Oat Powder, and maybe Glucomannan.

I really am open to it if enough people want it - my worry besides people wanting to return it if it discolors their stool, is if it will actually sell well or not. It would be low margin and a high shipping cost, so there's always the fear that a few people want it and we run a 500 unit batch and only a handful sell. I've had that happen a time or two before (like PLCAR comes to mind - everyone wanted it until we made it and then we couldn't give it away).

I wish there was a way to gauge how much would actually sell, at least initially, but I don't know of any accurate way to.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been looking at Rich Piana's Real Carb. They use sweet potato, oats, and wild yam. Definitely in the market for this type of powder right now, so may give it a whirl. If you know anyone from 5% they might be able to tell you how it sells though?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd be more interested buying a purple sweet potato powder like the old Glycomyx than another whey protein powder.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been looking at Rich Piana's Real Carb. They use sweet potato, oats, and wild yam. Definitely in the market for this type of powder right now, so may give it a whirl. If you know anyone from 5% they might be able to tell you how it sells though?
Carb powders are never big sellers for brands. For some big brands, they are steady sellers, but never big ones.

With Piana's brand, a lot of people buy from that brand just bc of Piana. When he was alive, his celebrity status helped get them a large distribution network in place.

I want to do one, its just important that we be smart about it and the timing of it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd be more interested buying a purple sweet potato powder like the old Glycomyx than another whey protein powder.
SNS doing a protein powder is a big step for us as a company and something I'm both excited about, nervous about, and discouraged about all at the same time. But overall, its the one thing that we are asked for far more than anything else.

I would like to be able to offer a carb powder like that for the people here that want it, but my worries are if it will sell well and if we would get a lot of complaints and returns bc some people said the one you spoke of discolored their stool.

A carb powder like that would be low margin, high cost of shipping, and would be one that we would need to sell a good amount of upon launching it to even come close to breaking even on it.

I'm definitely open to doing it, and knowing who would really be interested in buying it, especially a few bottles of it to start, would be very helpful in the decision making process.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
SNS doing a protein powder is a big step for us as a company and something I'm both excited about, nervous about, and discouraged about all at the same time. But overall, its the one thing that we are asked for far more than anything else.

I would like to be able to offer a carb powder like that for the people here that want it, but my worries are if it will sell well and if we would get a lot of complaints and returns bc some people said the one you spoke of discolored their stool.

A carb powder like that would be low margin, high cost of shipping, and would be one that we would need to sell a good amount of upon launching it to even come close to breaking even on it.

I'm definitely open to doing it, and knowing who would really be interested in buying it, especially a few bottles of it to start, would be very helpful in the decision making process.

I would be game to buy multiple for sure right from the get go. Eating right before the gym at 2am has me bogged down even if it's something quick like rice crispie treat and or an apple/banana. Hate to say it because I always like being fueled up before workouts but fasted training has become my favorite especially during these early morning workouts.

Be great to be able to mix it right into my pre workout; doesn't matter if its flavored or not I got a concoction with 4 different flavors going on right now and all that matters to me is performance. Trying to gain as much strength and quality mass this year as possible and feel like a quick digesting carb powder certainly would help me with my goals. I'm pushing just over 4k calories with minimal weight gain and getting tougher for me to get my daily requirement.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
any news on the shroom complex steve?

currently supplementing with reishi cordyceps & chaga
The formulation part is done, there are just several other projects ahead of it.

Also working with a really cool Cordyceps extract that plan to use in an upcoming formula.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just to provide a data point, I'm a loyal customer but would not personally be buying a carb powder.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just to provide a data point, I'm a loyal customer but would not personally be buying a carb powder.
I appreciate the loyalty and the input.

I do want to do one for the people that want one, and I'll probably use it myself, but its one that does make me nervous to do and that's why it's gotten pushed behind a lot of other projects because tying up a bunch of money in it and having it not sell could cause delays in some other projects that we have in the works.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same. Already enough options for that. More interested in the greens cap and senactiv single ingredient. I feel the same for protein. I can't honestly say I'd be a consistent customer of that product.