Tell SNS What You Would Like to See From Us (2020 Edition)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Would really like to see a complete all in one super high quality post workout recovery product containing ingredients like creapure, kyowa quality eaas, bioenergy d ribose, highly branched cyclic dextrin, mediator phosphatidic acid, kyowa glutamine, pink himalayan salt, taurine, etc...

Laxosterone with astragin and bioperine for absorption

INSULIN MIMETIC that doesn't contain ingredients that cause excessive ampk activation preventing protein synthesis and actually shuttles carbs into the muscle tissue not just another gda
holy hell would that be expensive haha

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of the best carb spice imo hbcd some co just put too lil and make profits of other garbage in it

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of the best carb spice imo hbcd some co just put too lil and make profits of other garbage in it

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Solo HBCD would be interesting. A few companies have some, would this be straight or with electrolytes as well (there seem to be more with added electrolytes)?

I tend to get mind in a comprehensive formula, but I'd support SNS and it would allow me to use more during training sessions.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Solo HBCD would be interesting. A few companies have some, would this be straight or with electrolytes as well (there seem to be more with added electrolytes)?

I tend to get mind in a comprehensive formula, but I'd support SNS and it would allow me to use more during training sessions.
Yeah I would be down with either on .. throwing in energized amino’s .. maybe flavor it the same .. can be a nice intra/post workout

Solo I think I’m seeing 25g dose .. mixing it with bcaa/intra seeing anywhere from 10-20g

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I honestly think theres a lack of new innovative high quality post workout recovery products these days, people seem to forget how important it is and like to make fun of the post workout "anabolic window" but any serious lifter knows that's when your muscles are most receptive and prime to absorbing nutrients so I honestly never got why people would ignore something like that, I think it would be awesome for you guys to come out with product and bring back the importance of post workout recovery.

Instead of Kyowa how about Ajipure aminos? I do notice anything with Kyowa is really pricey but i think Ajipure would be a good substitute for that to keep things affordable.
I don't see the reason in going with Kyowa or Ajinomoto for aminos honestly. The reason for going with branded ingredients is typically because they offer something that their non-branded counterparts do not. There isn't a quality issue with amino's in general. For example, Leucine that tests 99%+ pure is what it is, regardless of whether its generic or you put Kyowa or Ajinomoto on the label.

I love branded ingredients. If you look at the SNS line, we use dozens of them. But we don't just use them for marketing purposes. We use them when it legitimately makes sense to use them.

I do think people definitely discount the importance of proper post workout nutrition now days. It's something we would be willing to look into.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It is the same thing as humanofort I think, better recovery, reduce inflammation, increase DHEA etc...
I wondered if you were talking about Humanofort. Humanofort seems to not get much talk around here.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saffron extract- mood elevation, energy and nootropic effect (supposedly I haven’t tried this one yet).
We use Saffron is GlycoPhase. We've never been asked for it as single ingredient before.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I think the best way in terms of marketing is adding electrolytes to it. What would you prefer - electrolytes or no electrolytes?

I would be open to a comprehensive product as well, but to really do a properly dosed HBCD, adding a lot of other things really becomes price prohibitive. Plus, its a matter of what to add because HBCD is diverse and can be used pre, intra, post, and before endurance training.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
what do you think about humanofort?
I think its a good ingredient in my opinion.

I think that it got overhyped at first and that led to some people having unrealistic expectations that then bashed it.

I also think that some brands under-dosed it and that also led some to have negative opinions on it.

If dosed properly, I think its a good ingredient. Probably more so for health purposes then bodybuilding purposes, but a good ingredient.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think its a good ingredient in my opinion.

I think that it got overhyped at first and that led to some people having unrealistic expectations that then bashed it.

I also think that some brands under-dosed it and that also led some to have negative opinions on it.

If dosed properly, I think its a good ingredient. Probably more so for health purposes then bodybuilding purposes, but a good ingredient.
Any way for you to make it in a cost effective way?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any way for you to make it in a cost effective way?
My understanding is that the raw materials for this are pretty expensive. I would be glad to check on it though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think the best way in terms of marketing is adding electrolytes to it. What would you prefer - electrolytes or no electrolytes?

I would be open to a comprehensive product as well, but to really do a properly dosed HBCD, adding a lot of other things really becomes price prohibitive. Plus, its a matter of what to add because HBCD is diverse and can be used pre, intra, post, and before endurance training.
I'd probably prefer some in it, but I don't think either way would matter a ton to me.

HBCD (20-25g) + LOLA (1g) + Taurine (1g) + Electrolytes for a hydration/endurance blend. Not saying this is practical, but in my dream world I'd buy this haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Would really like to see a complete all in one super high quality post workout recovery product containing ingredients like creapure, kyowa quality eaas, bioenergy d ribose, highly branched cyclic dextrin, mediator phosphatidic acid, kyowa glutamine, pink himalayan salt, taurine, etc...

Laxosterone with astragin and bioperine for absorption

INSULIN MIMETIC that doesn't contain ingredients that cause excessive ampk activation preventing protein synthesis and actually shuttles carbs into the muscle tissue not just another gda
holy hell would that be expensive haha
I'd probably prefer some in it, but I don't think either way would matter a ton to me.

HBCD (20-25g) + LOLA (1g) + Taurine (1g) + Electrolytes for a hydration/endurance blend. Not saying this is practical, but in my dream world I'd buy this haha
That's a nice, fairly simple formula that I think most would be good with. All pretty much post workout staples for anyone who takes that portion seriously

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

That's a pretty doable formula. LOLA isn't cheap, but isn't too bad. I like the idea of LOLA, Taurine, and electrolytes in it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's a pretty doable formula. LOLA isn't cheap, but isn't too bad. I like the idea of LOLA, Taurine, and electrolytes in it.
Was just kind of thinking of things that seem to help endurance, aren't too crazy, and don't need to be taken daily. I'd be perfectly find with just HBCD (+electrolytes) but something like Ornithine adds just a little uniqueness and isn't something I'd assume was in the daily ergogen coming eventually.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was just kind of thinking of things that seem to help endurance, aren't too crazy, and don't need to be taken daily. I'd be perfectly find with just HBCD (+electrolytes) but something like Ornithine adds just a little uniqueness and isn't something I'd assume was in the daily ergogen coming eventually.
You assume correctly on that. L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is a great ingredient but will not be used in the daily ergogenic. Mainly because not a lot of people are familiar with it and the formula is already so complete (and expensive to make) that just kind of have to stop somewhere. And for people that want it, we make it as a single ingredient powder.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We use Saffron is GlycoPhase. We've never been asked for it as single ingredient before.
Eh, there are solo saffron extracts out there. I ran (and still occasionally do) hi tech’s solo extract and it isn’t overwhelmingly noticeable. Don’t really notice the mood if you take it everyday. Also has some small GI sides- with the caveat that I like it for digesting big meals but starts to have side effects after 3-4 days of consecutive use.

Seems like high potency extract gets expensive. Not sure it would gain a lot of followers on its own

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You assume correctly on that. L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is a great ingredient but will not be used in the daily ergogenic. Mainly because not a lot of people are familiar with it and the formula is already so complete (and expensive to make) that just kind of have to stop somewhere. And for people that want it, we make it as a single ingredient powder.
I need to check this out as a bulk powder.

I’m already using a bunch of bulk powders for an intra and this could be a nice addition.

Would rather just have an all in one :D

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bulk buying options.

I haven't stopped using Focus XT since it's upgrade. That's a minimum one tub a month. I'm now also buying Cissus XT for the girlfriend as well. Would like to see a bulk option to hopefully save per unit.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To echo others, yes to a HBCD product! I'm up for the electrolytes, but I'd like to see something more than it just be a solo carb product. I know you already have Energized Aminos, but I'm not a fan of the caffeine in my intras since I take pre-WOs already. So EAA + HBCD + electrolytes, and maybe even a pump ingredient... similar to the old Olympus Labs ENDUR3+ would be great.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So EAA + HBCD + electrolytes, and maybe even a pump ingredient... similar to the old Olympus Labs ENDUR3+ would be great.
While I’m absolutely all for that, Endur3+ got discontinued? Seems to be one of those products that we on AM all love and buy up, but people outside of the forums don’t.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While I’m absolutely all for that, Endur3+ got discontinued? Seems to be one of those products that we on AM all love and buy up, but people outside of the forums don’t.
There was discussion on whether having carbs in your BCAA/EAA would be a dererrant. But ENDUR3, the non-carb version, was also discontinued so I'm guessing that wasn't the case. My guess is it didn't sell compared to other SKUs they had at the time. But you could be right. I think HBCDs are something more for forum folks anyways. I haven't seen a real designer carb used anywhere in "mainstream" brands except probably when Vitargo came out back in the 90s...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There was discussion on whether having carbs in your BCAA/EAA would be a dererrant. But ENDUR3, the non-carb version, was also discontinued so I'm guessing that wasn't the case. My guess is it didn't sell compared to other SKUs they had at the time. But you could be right. I think HBCDs are something more for forum folks anyways. I haven't seen a real designer carb used anywhere in "mainstream" brands except probably when Vitargo came out back in the 90s...
100% agree here... designer intra carbs are really only well-known in the smaller "very serious" gym populations (i.e. actual competitors, forum guru's and the like)... Most average gym bro's don't know the difference between a pre-workout and intra-workout past what the shiny label on a walmart package says its for.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To echo others, yes to a HBCD product! I'm up for the electrolytes, but I'd like to see something more than it just be a solo carb product. I know you already have Energized Aminos, but I'm not a fan of the caffeine in my intras since I take pre-WOs already. So EAA + HBCD + electrolytes, and maybe even a pump ingredient... similar to the old Olympus Labs ENDUR3+ would be great.
We will be doing an amino product without caffeine in the next few months.

I considered doing an HBCD product with Aminos but Endur3 sold terribly for them according to OL and retailers.

I'm open to doing an HBCD + electrolytes and maybe a couple of simple ingredients; I would want to keep it versatile.

I would be open after that to possibly doing a more complete formula in a small run to see if it sells.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100% agree here... designer intra carbs are really only well-known in the smaller "very serious" gym populations (i.e. actual competitors, forum guru's and the like)... Most average gym bro's don't know the difference between a pre-workout and intra-workout past what the shiny label on a walmart package says its for.
That is a big part of it - I would say 95% of the market thinks all they want/need is a pre-workout and don't use intra's. And then for the ones that do, many either don't know the difference between the types of carbs and view HBCD at too expensive and 'just a carb' without understanding its benefits. We also are in a time where with so many people on keto, even people not on keto view carbs as bad without knowing or understanding the different types.

HBCD imo is great for pre, intra, and post workout purposes and has been a staple in my regimen for years.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
60 servings focus xt plzzzzzz!
This is a great idea
We haven't been asked for a larger version. We have a lot of people that use it regularly but many like to change up flavors so we've tried to focus on special pricing for multi unit deals to take that into consideration. I would certainly be open to a larger size if that's something that people really want.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have we already asked for L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have we already asked for L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine?
I don't think so but we do plan on using an L-Alanine and L-Glutamine combination in the future though. It won't be a Sustamine bc the price is too prohibitive to use in a good formula.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Specifically the powder? No capsules?
I guess either, but I for one, would like to be able to experiment with higher dosing and 250mg per capsule doesn't cut it. If capped, 500mg or even 1000mg per cap would be ideal. Probably pretty expensive though, but I would be game.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I guess either, but I for one, would like to be able to experiment with higher dosing and 250mg per capsule doesn't cut it. If capped, 500mg or even 1000mg per cap would be ideal. Probably pretty expensive though, but I would be game.
1000 mg. per capsule isn't doable because that would require a size '000' capsule and many people can't swallow those and most contract manufacturers don't have the ability to make them because they don't have the proper size 'tooling' to do so.

500 mg. or 750 mg. capsules could be a possibility though.

The reason I ask is because capsules traditionally sell better for us than capsules, especially with things that don't taste good to begin with.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1000 mg. per capsule isn't doable because that would require a size '000' capsule and many people can't swallow those and most contract manufacturers don't have the ability to make them because they don't have the proper size 'tooling' to do so.

500 mg. or 750 mg. capsules could be a possibility though.

The reason I ask is because capsules traditionally sell better for us than capsules, especially with things that don't taste good to begin with.
750 mg at 120 caps? Would you have an idea on price?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Caps are fine. Just interested in trying it, heard hype years ago then it fell to the wayside

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
750 mg at 120 caps? Would you have an idea on price?
Caps are fine. Just interested in trying it, heard hype years ago then it fell to the wayside
Not at this moment because its been awhile since I've checked pricing on it but I'll be glad to check and get updated pricing to see how feasible it is.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ursolic acid cyclodextrin

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be curious whether people would prefer cyclodextrin, phytosomal, or a topical.
Most are gonna want to take it orally. From there, whatever absorbs better.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup orally maybe add a lil bit of bioperine

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd be curious whether people would prefer cyclodextrin, phytosomal, or a topical.
I think most will agree topical is superior, but def. inconvenient for many which would likely hurt the sales... For me, I know topicals are a real pain due to travel but as well many people are concerned about kids/significant others/etc.

Personally I'd say whichever of cyclo or phyto works better for this would be the way to go.