Tell SNS What You Would Like to See From Us (2020 Edition)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would like to see a good well dosed electrolyte/hydration supplement that could be used for keto/low carb/Intermittent fasting. Something with a good amount of sodium and a good flavor.

I'm looking forward to the sleep aide and blood pressure support. Hoping for an eye support and mitochondrial support supplement too.
I remember spitballing some ideas with Steve some time ago about a hydration and electrolyte product.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I remember spitballing some ideas with Steve some time ago about a hydration and electrolyte product.
Feel like he mentioned it previously, but man these threads move fast sometimes haha

I still remember Nimbus Nutrition on here with their hydration blends....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would like to see a good well dosed electrolyte/hydration supplement that could be used for keto/low carb/Intermittent fasting. Something with a good amount of sodium and a good flavor.

I'm looking forward to the sleep aide and blood pressure support. Hoping for an eye support and mitochondrial support supplement too.
We have thought about that. We actually tried to work on some flavor samples last year but there is no way to make one taste good without adding something else to it. For example, you could add Citrulline or Taurine and probably make it taste decent but if its just electrolytes its not going to taste good.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With hydration products, if you want them to taste even decent something else has to be added to the electrolytes to make it easier to flavor. It just needs to be cheap enough to not raise cost too much. Any suggestions?

My initial thoughts are Taurine or Citrulline.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
With hydration products, if you want them to taste even decent something else has to be added to the electrolytes to make it easier to flavor. It just needs to be cheap enough to not raise cost too much. Any suggestions?

My vote is for taurine. Fits well with the premise of the product. How about coconut water powder?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

taurine def. how about inositol

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Weird and probably bad suggestion, but what about a touch of glycine? IIRC, it’s a relatively sweet amino acid

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd love to see taurine added... such a versatile (and cheap) supp

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How about L-Ornithine L-Aspartate with the electrolytes? Could be a good addition to the product. Idk about taste, though

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weird and probably bad suggestion, but what about a touch of glycine? IIRC, it’s a relatively sweet amino acid
This was my first thought haha

I'd love to see taurine added... such a versatile (and cheap) supp
Agreed.

How about L-Ornithine L-Aspartate with the electrolytes? Could be a good addition to the product. Idk about taste, though
Ornithine HCL doesn't have too much taste IIRC, need to get around to LOLA myself.

What about Glutamine + Alanine? Doesn't Alanine have a sweeter taste too? I know Sustamine has research for hydration benefits and increased electrolyte uptake, but also know it is a bit expensive. Unsure how bonded (Sustamine) vs L-Alanine + Glutamine compares.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What about Glutamine + Alanine? Doesn't Alanine have a sweeter taste too? I know Sustamine has research for hydration benefits and increased electrolyte uptake, but also know it is a bit expensive. Unsure how bonded (Sustamine) vs L-Alanine + Glutamine compares.
That’s a great idea. Might make the product cost too much though depending on the dosage if you went the Sustamine route.

I remember seeing multiple products with the L-Alanine + Glutamine combo but not popular anymore

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
New study on Palmitoylethanolamide and muscle recovery.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone heard of Memophenol? May be a cognitive booster. This evidence below doesn’t seem overwhelming.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

This is interesting, hadn't seen this! PEA has some other interesting studies, but this intrigues me. Can't seem to find a Levagen branded product here in the US (I didn't look super hard), but there are quite a few options for standard PEA. May do some more reading today now.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is interesting, hadn't seen this! PEA has some other interesting studies, but this intrigues me. Can't seem to find a Levagen branded product here in the US (I didn't look super hard), but there are quite a few options for standard PEA. May do some more reading today now.
I’m curious if we’ll eventually see Palmitoylethanolamide + CBD products (if CBD ever gets the classified as a “dietary supplement, which is probably not imminently happening).

But yeah, my knowledge of Palmitoylethanolamide is pretty limited. Looks like a bit of research for pain management. Below is a meta analysis from 2017:

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has any1 tried Emodin (std from Polygonum Cuspidatum) ?

Looks very similar to KSM ..interested in comparison

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

My quick googling says it wouldn’t be worth it:

“Emodin has been used as a traditional Chinese medicine for over 2000 years and is still present in various herbal preparations. Emerging evidence indicates that emodin possesses a wide spectrum of pharmacological properties, including anticancer, hepatoprotective, antiinflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities. However, emodin could also lead to hepatotoxicity, kidney toxicity and reproductive toxicity, particularly in high doses and with long-term use. Pharmacokinetic studies have demonstrated that emodin has poor oral bioavailability in rats because of its extensive glucuronidation.”

Another similar one:

“Emerging evidence suggests that aloe-emodin exhibits many pharmacological effects, including anticancer, antivirus, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiparasitic, neuroprotective, and hepatoprotective activities. These pharmacological properties lay the foundation for the treatment of various diseases, including influenza virus, inflammation, sepsis, Alzheimer's disease, glaucoma, malaria, liver fibrosis, psoriasis, Type 2 diabetes, growth disorders, and several types of cancers. However, an increasing number of published studies have reported adverse effects of aloe-emodin. The primary toxicity among these reports is hepatotoxicity and nephrotoxicity, which are of wide concern worldwide. Pharmacokinetic studies have demonstrated that aloe-emodin has a poor intestinal absorption, short elimination half-life, and low bioavailability.”

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Chemix sells it for $60 / bottle, unless that comes up 75% off anytime soon I don't think i'll be trying it

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chemix sells it for $60 / bottle, unless that comes up 75% off anytime soon I don't think i'll be trying it
Lol try they r over priced for sure

mik95

Awards
A DHT Booster

For Anti-aging:
NMN + Resveratrol+ PQQ + Gotu Kola + fisetin

For the libido
Cnidium Monnieri made me nauseous

I didn't like Stinging Nettle and Maca, because they haven't done much for me. Instead try adding pygeum and Vitex. Pygeum increase my loads. Vitex suppose to that too but never tried it.

Mucuna non-extract, because of the L-Dopa. Although I think Vitex might also act on dopamine receptors.

In my expirence

Effect/$:
Longjack > Tribulus
Fadogia > Bulbina

For Probiotic Formula:
Probiotic bacteria LKM512 seems to help for life extension

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My vote is for taurine. Fits well with the premise of the product. How about coconut water powder?
I was leaning towards Taurine or Citrulline.

I thought about coconut water powder but my fear is that there are quite a few people allergic to coconut and I want something that pretty much anyone can use. Plus, I don't want every flavor to have a coconut taste.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
taurine def. how about inositol
Inositol would be possible. Curious as to your suggested reasoning on this over Taurine just out of curiosity.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought about that because I love the ingredient. The taste isn't bad at all; it's just not a cheap ingredient and may would add to the price more than some of the other things we are talking about.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This was my first thought haha

Agreed.

Ornithine HCL doesn't have too much taste IIRC, need to get around to LOLA myself.

Glutamine/Alanine would add too much to the price if we did and effective dose and would make it taste a little chalky. Branded Sustamine is ridiculously expensive.

I wasn't expecting Glycine suggestions. I'm definitely open to that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Much interest in Testofen? Feel like I remember this back in the day.

I don't know of anyone it ever really sold well for. I thought about it a long time ago but it would almost have to be a single ingredient product bc the price is so expensive.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Great ingredient. If anyone is interested in this, let me know.

We would have to get creative with the naming since we already have a PEA-500 Xtreme that is a different ingredient and this one is abbreviated PEA as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine/Alanine would add too much to the price if we did and effective dose and would make it taste a little chalky. Branded Sustamine is ridiculously expensive.

I wasn't expecting Glycine suggestions. I'm definitely open to that.
listening to the customers and giving them what they want is why I've been a sns/cel loyal customer for all these many years...how many years have you been with sns/cel now STEVE?...it's got to be a bunch!!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A DHT Booster

For Anti-aging:
NMN + Resveratrol+ PQQ + Gotu Kola + fisetin

For the libido
Cnidium Monnieri made me nauseous

I didn't like Stinging Nettle and Maca, because they haven't done much for me. Instead try adding pygeum and Vitex. Pygeum increase my loads. Vitex suppose to that too but never tried it.

Mucuna non-extract, because of the L-Dopa. Although I think Vitex might also act on dopamine receptors.

In my expirence

Effect/$:
Longjack > Tribulus
Fadogia > Bulbina

For Probiotic Formula:
Probiotic bacteria LKM512 seems to help for life extension
For DHT boosters, I think Epiandrosterone is a great option. Some good choices are:
- Competitive Edge Labs Stano-Plex 300 (Epiandro + VASO6)
- Muscle Addiction EpiAndro300 (straight Epiandro)
- Muscle Addiction EpiAndro Lean (Epiandro + KSM-66 + Paradoxine)
- Xtreme Performance Gels EpiAndro Gel

We use Vitex in Inhibit-P and some people experience great libido increases with it. (Also has Mucuna in it which you mentioned above also)

Never tried Pygeum; would be curious if other people that have have seen similar results.

Thank you for the probiotic suggestion. Will look into that one.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
listening to the customers and giving them what they want is why I've been a sns/cel loyal customer for all these many years...how many years have you been with sns/cel now STEVE?...it's got to be a bunch!!!!
Thank you for the kind words and support.

SNS - since 2004.
CEL - since 2007.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We always love having your support BigT! Steve is 100% customer focused in every single product decision he makes.

That's one of the reasons I love SNS.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We always love having your support BigT! Steve is 100% customer focused in every single product decision he makes.

That's one of the reasons I love SNS.
steve and I used to talk all the time about formestane, back when cel was going to release td formestane[I believe cel was the 1st to release a td formestane once e-form got discontinued]. we have had many discussions over the years-a really great guy!!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any interest in Robuvit?

I think @Resolve10 has used it with success previously (IIRC).

“Contrary to Belcaro et al. (2014), who has found improvement of mood in chronic fatigue syndrome patients administered with Robuvit 200 mg daily for 6 months, we have found significant mood improvement in volunteers without fatigue syndrome—after 4-week administration of Robuvit in higher dose (300 mg/day).”

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any interest in Robuvit?

“Contrary to Belcaro et al. (2014), who has found improvement of mood in chronic fatigue syndrome patients administered with Robuvit 200 mg daily for 6 months, we have found significant mood improvement in volunteers without fatigue syndrome—after 4-week administration of Robuvit in higher dose (300 mg/day).”

Improvement in Mood, Oxidative Stress, Fatigue, and Insomnia Following Supplementary Management With Robuvit

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 how about a product designed to reduce RBC?
I'd be interested to hear ingredient suggestions. I'm open to most any ideas if there is enough interest.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any interest in Robuvit?

Very expensive ingredient to use in a formulation. I considered it s a single ingredient but not sure if there is enough demand for it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any interest in Robuvit?

I already asked haha

It was somewhere at the beginning.

It is funny you mention this as I was just thinking to pick more up. I've been feeling a little "tired" lately and instead of just piling some more stims and noots on top of the fatigue I think I'll give Robuvit a run again.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d like a 100mg, 90 cap bottle but maybe I’m the only one 🤷‍♂️
Me too. I usually buy Jarrow for the 100mg dosing option, but it is 60 caps. I can see this being expensive though.

I love it, but I understand it is tough marketing certain things too.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From the full text:

"There were no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions for muscle soreness or thigh circumference."

"Myoglobin concentration peaked +1 h after exercise and declined thereafter (p < 0.01; Figure 5). Myoglobin concentration was lower for the PEA than placebo group at +1, +2, and +3 h post exercise (p < 0.05). Creatine kinase peaked +24 h after exercise and decreased thereafter (p < 0.05). There was no change in lactate dehydrogenase over time. There were also no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions for creatine kinase and lactate dehydrogenase (Table 2)."

"There were no main effects of time or treatment for interleukin-6 and 10 (Table 2), demonstrating that these inflammatory markers were not changed by the exercise. Tumor necrosis factor-α peaked post exercise and declined thereafter (p < 0.05), but there were no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions (Table 2)."

"Protein kinase B phosphorylation peaked immediately after exercise for the PEA group only (p < 0.05; Table 3) and returned to baseline values 1 h after exercise. There were no main effects of time or treatment for: cAMP response element-binding protein, extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2, c-Jun N-terminal kinases, nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, p38 mitogenactivated protein kinases, ribosomal protein S6 kinase beta-1, and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and 5 (Table 3), demonstrating that these phosphoprotein signaling pathways were not induced by the exercise."

Pretty underwhelming results overall. There are a few limitations to this study and I would not run out to supplement PEA based this alone.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From the full text:

"There were no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions for muscle soreness or thigh circumference."

View attachment 193983

View attachment 193984

"Myoglobin concentration peaked +1 h after exercise and declined thereafter (p < 0.01; Figure 5). Myoglobin concentration was lower for the PEA than placebo group at +1, +2, and +3 h post exercise (p < 0.05). Creatine kinase peaked +24 h after exercise and decreased thereafter (p < 0.05). There was no change in lactate dehydrogenase over time. There were also no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions for creatine kinase and lactate dehydrogenase (Table 2)."

View attachment 193985

"There were no main effects of time or treatment for interleukin-6 and 10 (Table 2), demonstrating that these inflammatory markers were not changed by the exercise. Tumor necrosis factor-α peaked post exercise and declined thereafter (p < 0.05), but there were no main effects of treatment or time by treatment interactions (Table 2)."

"Protein kinase B phosphorylation peaked immediately after exercise for the PEA group only (p < 0.05; Table 3) and returned to baseline values 1 h after exercise. There were no main effects of time or treatment for: cAMP response element-binding protein, extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2, c-Jun N-terminal kinases, nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, p38 mitogenactivated protein kinases, ribosomal protein S6 kinase beta-1, and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and 5 (Table 3), demonstrating that these phosphoprotein signaling pathways were not induced by the exercise."

Pretty underwhelming results overall. There are a few limitations to this study and I would not run out to supplement PEA based this alone.
Great post. I'm more intrigued by Palmitoylethanolimide based on feedback from people that I know and trust even than from the data myself. Demand wise in general, we are getting asked for this some.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something I have been interested in is the potential of the N-phenylpropenoyl-L-amino acids N-caffeoyldopamine and N-coumaroyldopamine being able to provide similar effects to other proven beta-2-agonists, which can promote muscle hypertrophy and decreased fat mass. Now I know these were trialed in Compound 20 by USPLabs back in the day and are the supposed actives in the Cocoabuterol on the market now. I know this is likely to not get a lot attention due to these products not being the highest reviewed items and there is no human data proving efficacy. I think dosing and bioavailability and limitations of these options though. These compounds seem to be either not well absorbed, broken down by COMT, or altered by the gut microbiome. I think it would be cool to see what a product providing these with something to enhance absorption and help prevent microbiome alterations would do, it could be combined with EGCG to try and alter the COMT activity in peripheral tissues as well. This more of me nerding out then anything, cool potential class of compounds though.

https://www.ergo-log.com/cacaoclenbuterol.html

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10408398.2019.1619160?journalCode=bfsn20

Edit: I see there were others mentioning interest in this ingredient in this thread. I will look around at other methods to potentially enhance bioavailability besides ECGC.

Further edit:

It seems that N-phenylpropenoyl-L-amino acids are either not absorbed well, conjugated via COMT, hydrolyzed in the liver, and because they ae not absorbed well by the small intestine they can remain in the GI tract where there are altered by the gut bacteria in the large intestine then the metabolites are absorbed. I would think the adding piperine and EGCG with these compounds could lead to greatly enhanced product. Piperine could inhibit hydrolysis in the liver and potentially enhance absorption across the gut barrier of the small intestine which would leave less to be metabolized by the microbiome. The EGCG as stated before could inhibit COMT peripherally.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/77/4/912/4689766

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18646003

https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/128/3/577/4728865

https://www.alliedacademies.org/articles/rphplc-method-for-simultaneous-estimation-of-pregabalin-and-tapentadol-in-bulk-and-pharmaceutical-dosage-form.pdf

Last edited: