Team Juggernaut ft. Booneman77 - 3 months to Mass!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That all makes sense after reading through that. Thanks for finding that out sir!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So after all that conversation yesterday... i got a message at 1am asking some questions about digestion and such, food likes/dislikes from the rest of the diets, etc. Says he is working it out based on my answers so hoping to have it asap as I would like to do some of my shopping for the next few days this evening and frankly don't have any idea what to do as far as today goes... Last weekend I was told I would have a recomp diet sat/sun and its monday and still nothing... I wouldn't be mad except that we knew a week ago this was going to be the plan and it was until 1am last night before he started working it out and asking questions...not thrilled right now since we literally just talked about this aspect yesterday.

As for training, he said he will keep me on the current plan/schedule (aka program) to finish it out (this is the last week anyways) and has added cardio a few days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah he and I talked via pm a bit after and he told me we are his first online and app only clients so definitely learning from his side as well.

Should have a recomp plan coming (hopefully tonight). I plan to stick with him for awhile longer to see how things change and improve.
Good deal, we know he can produce results because you say he has some impressive competitors so that makes sense for sure!
As was I. That was what we were led to believe for sure.
Yeah knowing that would have changed the entire experience.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So after all that conversation yesterday... i got a message at 1am asking some questions about digestion and such, food likes/dislikes from the rest of the diets, etc. Says he is working it out based on my answers so hoping to have it asap as I would like to do some of my shopping for the next few days this evening and frankly don't have any idea what to do as far as today goes... Last weekend I was told I would have a recomp diet sat/sun and its monday and still nothing... I wouldn't be mad except that we knew a week ago this was going to be the plan and it was until 1am last night before he started working it out and asking questions...not thrilled right now since we literally just talked about this aspect yesterday.

As for training, he said he will keep me on the current plan/schedule (aka program) to finish it out (this is the last week anyways) and has added cardio a few days.
I think your body has been responding well to the training with your strength increases. Let's see how this pans out. Sucks about not having the shopping list yet though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think your body has been responding well to the training with your strength increases. Let's see how this pans out. Sucks about not having the shopping list yet though.
Yeah I’m more just guessing at what to eat through the day today... luckily it’s a travel day where I usually don’t eat due to hopping from plane to plane but need to know why to do for dinner, especially in regards to if I workout whether to continue the carb bomb or not as well as whether to put cardio pre or Post or on off days instead. Asked all these this morning

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chest and tri’s this evening followed by 20min on the stepmill. Workout was decent (same as last weeks) but it’s def not as fun doing all the benching on a smith vs free ha. I purposely shuffled my days this week so that my squats and deads will be on Friday and Saturday when I full gym access.

Diet still isn’t ready so I was told to keep things the same today. He said he would finish it after his in person clients today so I’m expecting it to be there when I get up tomorrow.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chest and tri’s this evening followed by 20min on the stepmill. Workout was decent (same as last weeks) but it’s def not as fun doing all the benching on a smith vs free ha. I purposely shuffled my days this week so that my squats and deads will be on Friday and Saturday when I full gym access.

Diet still isn’t ready so I was told to keep things the same today. He said he would finish it after his in person clients today so I’m expecting it to be there when I get up tomorrow.
So was it there when you woke up?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
New diet is live! Really nothing dramatic in terms of foods or major changes, more just an overall redux in cals. A slight tweak to the veggie sources as well (some I think this will help digestion and had suggested a change).

Overall a pretty even split between carbs and protein and then enough fat to support healthy hormone levels. One thing I ahve enjoyed through this diet is that the added fats (and obviously the cals) seem to have really improved my libido and general "well being" feeling. I think that for so long on low cals and lower fats that those were major factors in my day to day feels.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
New diet is live! Really nothing dramatic in terms of foods or major changes, more just an overall redux in cals. A slight tweak to the veggie sources as well (some I think this will help digestion and had suggested a change).

Overall a pretty even split between carbs and protein and then enough fat to support healthy hormone levels. One thing I ahve enjoyed through this diet is that the added fats (and obviously the cals) seem to have really improved my libido and general "well being" feeling. I think that for so long on low cals and lower fats that those were major factors in my day to day feels.
Yeah, I have to say that low fats is one of the worst nutrition plans for me regarding how I feel. I don't remember the last time my fats went below 80g a day, and they are typically in the 100+ range.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I have to say that low fats is one of the worst nutrition plans for me regarding how I feel. I don't remember the last time my fats went below 80g a day, and they are typically in the 100+ range.
The funny thing is taht when I tried full keto this summer, it nearly killed me (insert dramatic face here ha)... and made things even worse! Clearly my body has a preference toward a specific level that it likes in that regard as both too high and too low are brutal for my feels ha.

One thing is for sure tho, I will 100% be keeping more fats (and I think specifically olive oil and almonds) in my diet as a permanent fixture even after this experiment. One of the best aspects of having anyone else change your diet is the experimentation that you (for whatever reason) hadn't or wouldn't have tried otherwise. Those little nuggets are priceless

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The funny thing is taht when I tried full keto this summer, it nearly killed me (insert dramatic face here ha)... and made things even worse! Clearly my body has a preference toward a specific level that it likes in that regard as both too high and too low are brutal for my feels ha.

One thing is for sure tho, I will 100% be keeping more fats (and I think specifically olive oil and almonds) in my diet as a permanent fixture even after this experiment. One of the best aspects of having anyone else change your diet is the experimentation that you (for whatever reason) hadn't or wouldn't have tried otherwise. Those little nuggets are priceless
Agreed, for me I have found having a 100g fat base works really well for me. Much less than that and I don't feel as well. I did really well with levels up to 150 too, and that was with about 400g of carbs on build days and about 260 on burn days with proteins around 250g. I have had a coach twice in my life and enjoyed working with both of them. I learned a bit from both, and it was a great experience. Most things are small like what you mentioned, but seem to make a large difference.

I do need to do more Olive Oil, I tend to use a lot of coconut oil which is fine but olive has a lot of other benefits with the omega 3's.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off day yesterday. Cals/Foods stay the same on off days.

That silly mini shoulder workout again today (30min and 1/3 is trap Work bleh) followed by 20min on the elliptical. Made a bunch of notes on how I felt about this workout in the app. Honestly not expecting them to be read still even after all the chatter but I’m giving it one last chance before I quit using the in workout notes feature.

Off/travel day tomorrow before (and I can’t wait) back/deads on Friday and legs/squats Saturday. Gonna crush both at my Home gym finally.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Off day yesterday. Cals/Foods stay the same on off days.

That silly mini shoulder workout again today (30min and 1/3 is trap Work bleh) followed by 20min on the elliptical. Made a bunch of notes on how I felt about this workout in the app. Honestly not expecting them to be read still even after all the chatter but I’m giving it one last chance before I quit using the in workout notes feature.

Off/travel day tomorrow before (and I can’t wait) back/deads on Friday and legs/squats Saturday. Gonna crush both at my Home gym finally.
YOu should communicate that with him too.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
YOu should communicate that with him too.
Agreed, and thats the intention with the workout notes. He says he gets notified of all entries to notes, messages, check ins for workouts/cardio, weights/reps, etc... what i want to see tho is him actually read the workout notes or at least straight up say: just send them in a message or text instead of "I see everything", but then never respond to any of it. Just looking for transparency with the process and somewhat trying to help him learn here what people who are paying are gonna be pissy about going forward.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed, and thats the intention with the workout notes. He says he gets notified of all entries to notes, messages, check ins for workouts/cardio, weights/reps, etc... what i want to see tho is him actually read the workout notes or at least straight up say: just send them in a message or text instead of "I see everything", but then never respond to any of it. Just looking for transparency with the process and somewhat trying to help him learn here what people who are paying are gonna be pissy about going forward.
Exactly, people will not continue to fill things out unless you give them feedback based on the information they give you.

Maybe his idea of what should be in workout notes is different. Maybe he expects things like...

Tired today, last set of squats was very challenging... 405 doesn't normally feel that heavy. Only slept 5 hours last night, must need rest.

Not possible training suggestions or questions like:

I really don't think the military press is good for my shoulder, would landmine presses be a good substitution?

If that is the case and the notes are not the proper place for those things then he needs to make sure people know that the notes are just for noteworthy things but are NOT a place to ask questions or make suggestions. That those should come in the form of a message or email. That would manage expectations for people.

Me if it were my deal I would not wan't people to ask or make suggestions in the notes. Just note different aspects. The notes are for me to study and make calls regarding your recovery and what not.

However I would make sure to communicate that in the beginning that if you want a substitution, or training change email or text me.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, people will not continue to fill things out unless you give them feedback based on the information they give you.

Maybe his idea of what should be in workout notes is different. Maybe he expects things like...

Tired today, last set of squats was very challenging... 405 doesn't normally feel that heavy. Only slept 5 hours last night, must need rest.

I really don't think the military press is good for my shoulder, would landmine presses be a good substitution?

If that is the case and the notes are not the proper place for those things then he needs to make sure people know that the notes are just for noteworthy things but are NOT a place to ask questions or make suggestions. That those should come in the form of a message or email. That would manage expectations for people.

Me if it were my deal I would not wan't people to ask or make suggestions in the notes. Just note different aspects. The notes are for me to study and make calls regarding your recovery and what not.

However I would make sure to communicate that in the beginning that if you want a substitution, or training change email or text me.
I feel like he doesn't like his programs or diets being criticized or questioned

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel like he doesn't like his programs or diets being criticized or questioned
No one does but that is why it is work... you get paid to do things or deal with things that you would not be doing if not being paid for it. Otherwise it would be a hobby and you could ignore the parts you don't like. So basically he needs to suck it up if that is the case.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
No one does but that is why it is work... you get paid to do things or deal with things that you would not be doing if not being paid for it. Otherwise it would be a hobby and you could ignore the parts you don't like. So basically he needs to suck it up if that is the case.
True, but I feel like if this is your first time doing something, you should welcome input and criticism, it only makes you better.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True, but I feel like if this is your first time doing something, you should welcome input and criticism, it only makes you better.
Yes, but each person deals with their insecruity differently. Some try to put things off on others. Some lash out, some don't take it well initially then reassess and realize they need to make changes. You never know.

However if you are truly not satisfied and don't feel that even if he focuses on you that he won't be able to give you the results you want then obviously don't stick with it. He is trying to do something with this new training, and diet. Me personally with what you have already invested, I would probably stick out the next 3 weeks to see if he can get that 5lbs and 1 inch off.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but each person deals with their insecruity differently. Some try to put things off on others. Some lash out, some don't take it well initially then reassess and realize they need to make changes. You never know.

However if you are truly not satisfied and don't feel that even if he focuses on you that he won't be able to give you the results you want then obviously don't stick with it. He is trying to do something with this new training, and diet. Me personally with what you have already invested, I would probably stick out the next 3 weeks to see if he can get that 5lbs and 1 inch off.
I agree, but I also feel like the previous 12 weeks were plenty of time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I've actually been putting every thought that pops into my head in there ha. everyhting from comments on machines, rest times, likes/dislikes, aches/pains, questions, etc... I thought it would be a section he reviewed each week to help tailor training or lifestyle for the following week but it seems they dont get read at all which is a shame becuase I put a lot of good info in there. The one caveat is that if I have legit questions I ahve put those in messages as well so that I get "immediate" responses tho too.

As all of us have seen, even a direct request for exercise substitutions, eliminations, or changes all went completely ignored. I even asked about this twice and both times got "I'll factor that in next week" and poof, same exercise or whatever we asked to be fixed. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree with this, however a "coach" absolutely CANNOT have these qualities (or at least cannot let them impact their ability to coach). That's one of the key aspects of a successful caoch is the ability to read, learn, adapt, and react to the situation to guide someone to the right path.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've actually been putting every thought that pops into my head in there ha. everyhting from comments on machines, rest times, likes/dislikes, aches/pains, questions, etc... I thought it would be a section he reviewed each week to help tailor training or lifestyle for the following week but it seems they dont get read at all which is a shame becuase I put a lot of good info in there. The one caveat is that if I have legit questions I ahve put those in messages as well so that I get "immediate" responses tho too.

As all of us have seen, even a direct request for exercise substitutions, eliminations, or changes all went completely ignored. I even asked about this twice and both times got "I'll factor that in next week" and poof, same exercise or whatever we asked to be fixed. Stuff like that drives me nuts.
Yeah, I think he is doing it wrong regardless because of not communicating.
I agree with this, however a "coach" absolutely CANNOT have these qualities (or at least cannot let them impact their ability to coach). That's one of the key aspects of a successful caoch is the ability to read, learn, adapt, and react to the situation to guide someone to the right path.
I 100% agree, but if he is frustrated and learning and HONESTLY trying to improve then it could be a process. In the end the decision comes down to if you all feel that what you are getting out of it is worth the inconvenience of going through the learning process with him. That or that he just would rather have clientele that shut up, listen and think his word is gold. If that is the case then his clientele will not only be limited in volume but definitely quality!!!!

Trust me I am not trying to get anyone to give slack more than playing the devil's advocate and trying to think what might be going on on his end. None of that is actually important when it comes to providing a service like you mentioned.

I can tell you that I WOULD NOT pay for the service you are getting from him.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I think he is doing it wrong regardless because of not communicating.

I 100% agree, but if he is frustrated and learning and HONESTLY trying to improve then it could be a process. In the end the decision comes down to if you all feel that what you are getting out of it is worth the inconvenience of going through the learning process with him. That or that he just would rather have clientele that shut up, listen and think his word is gold. If that is the case then his clientele will not only be limited in volume but definitely quality!!!!

Trust me I am not trying to get anyone to give slack more than playing the devil's advocate and trying to think what might be going on on his end. None of that is actually important when it comes to providing a service like you mentioned.

I can tell you that I WOULD NOT pay for the service you are getting from him.
Agreed on the last point (to date at least). He did reach out, unprovoked, today to ask how I felt so far since the cal redux and added cardio. Gave him a detailed rundown of positives and feels and mentioned the workout dislikes as well. He said give him more info after the two big workouts today/tomorrow and he’s gonna design next weeks training around me feedback. We will see ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, sounds positive.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weight today was basically identical to last week even with 500/day plus no carb ups Post and additional cardio. Strength was the same or better pretty much across the board and I look and feel slightly less bloated. I expect diet to stay the same based on these results.

Gave all this info to coach and we will see what he does with training for this week. Supposed to be more custom now but it’ll be impossible to tell with the other logs ending. I did give a few exercises that must not be in due to wrist pain so I’ll know for sure if I see any of those in there.

Off day tomorrow so I’ll just be relaxing and watching my Steelers avenge that pathetic loss from earlier this season ha.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight today was basically identical to last week even with 500/day plus no carb ups Post and additional cardio. Strength was the same or better pretty much across the board and I look and feel slightly less bloated. I expect diet to stay the same based on these results.

Gave all this info to coach and we will see what he does with training for this week. Supposed to be more custom now but it’ll be impossible to tell with the other logs ending. I did give a few exercises that must not be in due to wrist pain so I’ll know for sure if I see any of those in there.

Off day tomorrow so I’ll just be relaxing and watching my Steelers avenge that pathetic loss from earlier this season ha.
I’m not ending mine, seeing this through til they tell me to stop or want to charge me :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Updates for this week:

as expected, no change to diet. Coach said that since weight was only a very slight change (to which i explained it was even within the margin of error of my scale ha) as well as since we shifted gears to recomp, keep it consistent for at least one more week. Fine by me.

training is 4 days again this week, slightly increased volume and cardio on all 4 training days. There are some of the exercises I listed as no-go's but he did put comments in to try to get as close as possible to them via different grips or handles. He also commented via messages on this aspect as well so I'm happy with that.

Shoulders and abs tonight - hopefully more fun than the last 2 week's shoulder workouts ha (looks to be)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Updates for this week:

as expected, no change to diet. Coach said that since weight was only a very slight change (to which i explained it was even within the margin of error of my scale ha) as well as since we shifted gears to recomp, keep it consistent for at least one more week. Fine by me.

training is 4 days again this week, slightly increased volume and cardio on all 4 training days. There are some of the exercises I listed as no-go's but he did put comments in to try to get as close as possible to them via different grips or handles. He also commented via messages on this aspect as well so I'm happy with that.

Shoulders and abs tonight - hopefully more fun than the last 2 week's shoulder workouts ha (looks to be)
Hope the session goes well. Glad to hear hes taking your concerns into account.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hope the session goes well. Glad to hear hes taking your concerns into account.
Session was great. Finishing off with some stepmill time now. Lots of volume in this one even tho very few exercises. Shoulder pain was non existent even on smith presses which was even better. Has been improving a lot recently since I added the joint support xt and cissus xt for the wrist (which is still being a pain). Off to a good start to the week and future of this program for sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice that is good to hear!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Back and bi’s Wednesday (typed my thoughts but apparently it never came through ha). Had a couple moves I had to tweak due to the wrist and told my coach about these. Workout overall was solid again.

Same story last night for chest and tri’s; some things I had to change but overall good. I ran out of tape before last night so wrist was bare and while I didn’t see too much difference in terms of pain, I definitely was far more cautious. I will continue to tape it for awhile just to be safe. Especially on days with questionable exercises. Cardio both nights.

Will be interested to see what weight does this week as diet has been 100% as detailed the last two weeks and there has been some bloat redux and but I’m not seeingn anything dramatic so I’ll have to see if wt held steady as well. Goal is to reduce fat while keeping as much weight as possible.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weight was 188.9lb so down just about .5lb but the pics look a bit worse IMO. Especially around the belt line/love handle region. Very odd as we cut cals by 500 and added 4 cardio sessions each roughly 150 cals, as well as higher volume during workouts which should have had a pretty big impact and yet in two weeks with diet 100% perfect (literally I’ve eaten the exact same meal every single day since prescribed ha) no real change. Thinking he’s going to have to play with macros as something just isn’t working out here.

Leg day yesterday was just ok. One of those days where I struggled to focus really well and I was a bit tired going in from a long day (had been out running with the dog and then playing with some friends at the park all afternoon). Managed to put together decent results but just wasn’t feeling it. Strength seems to have stayed up tho to this point which is the one plus but far secondary to my physique goal so reall not important to me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight was 188.9lb so down just about .5lb but the pics look a bit worse IMO. Especially around the belt line/love handle region. Very odd as we cut cals by 500 and added 4 cardio sessions each roughly 150 cals, as well as higher volume during workouts which should have had a pretty big impact and yet in two weeks with diet 100% perfect (literally I’ve eaten the exact same meal every single day since prescribed ha) no real change. Thinking he’s going to have to play with macros as something just isn’t working out here.

Leg day yesterday was just ok. One of those days where I struggled to focus really well and I was a bit tired going in from a long day (had been out running with the dog and then playing with some friends at the park all afternoon). Managed to put together decent results but just wasn’t feeling it. Strength seems to have stayed up tho to this point which is the one plus but far secondary to my physique goal so reall not important to me.
Sounds interesting and I can think of so many scenarios that could contribute to this but without knowing the diet before, or how it is now I am clueless.

If carbs were dropped a good bit it could explain a lot of it and if that is the case one more week at the new levels may show some tightening up.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds interesting and I can think of so many scenarios that could contribute to this but without knowing the diet before, or how it is now I am clueless.

If carbs were dropped a good bit it could explain a lot of it and if that is the case one more week at the new levels may show some tightening up.
Actually with the exception of the post workout loads I had done, carbs on the daily actually went up and protein down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Actually with the exception of the post workout loads I had done, carbs on the daily actually went up and protein down.
Ahhh, I can see maybe holding a little more water then. Carb sources change too or increased amount of one or two of them? Stuff like whole grain things make me hold more water, but that part is probably inflammatory related. Oats I love but they tend to bloat me unless I keep the portions small.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ahhh, I can see maybe holding a little more water then. Carb sources change too or increased amount of one or two of them? Stuff like whole grain things make me hold more water, but that part is probably inflammatory related. Oats I love but they tend to bloat me unless I keep the portions small.
Actually exactly the opposite again ha... white rice was upped (which is typically less "bloaty", oats were cut in half, and broccoli was subbed for green beans to help reduce bloat ha... I'm as stumped as anyone as everything points one way except the result!

I expressed my thoughts to my coach but he insists no changes this week. I was told that the recomp is meant to be slow and not have dramatic results (which I understand) and that we want scale weight to stay relatively the same but to ensure measurements on waist/hips (which I did, waist had increased slightly). For me, when I see the opposite of what we want to be happening (weight drop but the wrong measures going up) after 2 weeks, I would think that its time to tinker a bit. I get that we want to take things slow and that it takes time to settle in to changes, but the changes have been so slight over the entire plan that I think at this point we can make some assumptions on somewhat shorter intervals which has not happened through the entirety of the process.

I also gave (two weeks ago) the goal that I will be back to my pre-log level of bf by mid June at the latest. So I want to make sure we stay on track for that as I do not want to have to get drastic leading into my wedding (enough stress as it is ha).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Same workouts this week as last (which is fine by me as I enjoyed them). Yesterday was shoulders/abs and today chest/tris. At this point I've pretty much figured out how to work around the wrist as it VERY slowly improves. Weights are still going up for the most part which is great.

Had a nice discussion with coach today about my concerns and such. He sent me a funny thing that he sendds to all his "new" dieters that basically says (in 12 steps) - be patient and trust the process - I initially was a bit peeved but before responding really thought about the situation and realized that he doesn't know my history or knowledge base (outside of our few convos here and there thus far) so I tailored my response a bit differently and explained that I understand but wanted to make sure we were clear on goals and timeline.

We actually had a good chat about the whole process after that and made some "relationship" progress in terms of me sharing why my expectations of a coach are so high as well as why I am so critical of certain aspects. He said it was actaully nice to have as much feedback as I provide (even if I am whiney at times - my words, not his ha) and that having some of these coaching type convos is also helpful. I was very happy with this and also with myself at taking the time to not respond rashly and take things a bit more thoroughly. Good all around conversation.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent, and this is why I was hoping that you would stick it out a bit. See if he comes around. He probably really thought that the automation and templates would allow him to make more money without devoting too much time. I think he is now realizing when selling soething that is supposed to be personalized sometimes it is more about customizing than cruising. You will have different knowledge levels, and those who have a good amount expect to be included in the planning, or at least have things that the reasoning is not obvious explained in detail.

An intelligent client is going to be one you have to spend some extra time on compared to your average Joe who just wants to either get bigger, get leaner or get both but doesn't have much experience and wants to simply be told what to do so they can execute it. Those people are easy!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off day yesterday and just finishing up my cardio after today’s leg day. Today/this week has just been one of those “good ones” mood, luck, everything just going well. And with that I just destroyed legs. Set an 8rep pr (300) and got a good chuckle when one of the trainers (pretty big dude who’s like 6’4”) came over and wanted to give 295 a shot (after I had just hit my 8) let him in and he barely eeked out 1 ugly 1/2 rep ha. He went back to his curls after that which was even funnier. As he walked away he goes “man, I got some work to do”.

I’m even not minding the cardio I’m doing as I type this ha. Forgot to mention (mostly because I didn’t know til I was half done) was that my 2 elliptical sessions got bumped up to 30min this week (20 prior). So a total of 20/20/30/30 cardio all week (20s are stairs).

Overall just feeling good right now and ignoring body comp til the weekend check in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like things are going well. I bet he wants to stay where you are until you do all 4 sessions @ 30 unless it is obvious you need changes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like things are going well. I bet he wants to stay where you are until you do all 4 sessions @ 30 unless it is obvious you need changes.
Just realized they are all 30 min... somehow missed that on monday and only did 20... certainly made up for it tho as on my travel days I typically walk 2-3 extra miles just milling around airports ha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just realized they are all 30 min... somehow missed that on monday and only did 20... certainly made up for it tho as on my travel days I typically walk 2-3 extra miles just milling around airports ha
Is that milling around like that also normal for you since you are always traveling. If so then it really doesn't count as extra work for your body at least as far as creating a deficit from your normal energy balance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is that milling around like that also normal for you since you are always traveling. If so then it really doesn't count as extra work for your body at least as far as creating a deficit from your normal energy balance.
That’s a good point and yes, that’s normal. That said, I was quite a bit more active in general this week due to the amount of travel (3 cities vs just 1) as well as more time at home so more dog walks.

Weight was actually up today (189.2lb) and unfortunately so were my waist and hip measurements. Bloat looks much better tho and it looks like I’m back where I was two weeks ago. Not really anything positive change wise outside of the bloat redux this week as stats show progress is going the wrong way.

One more back/bi workout today and 30min stairs. We will see what coach says as this is now 3 straight weeks of wrong direction in terms of waist measurement which is the biggest thing we wanted to reduce.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a good point and yes, that’s normal. That said, I was quite a bit more active in general this week due to the amount of travel (3 cities vs just 1) as well as more time at home so more dog walks.

Weight was actually up today (189.2lb) and unfortunately so were my waist and hip measurements. Bloat looks much better tho and it looks like I’m back where I was two weeks ago. Not really anything positive change wise outside of the bloat redux this week as stats show progress is going the wrong way.

One more back/bi workout today and 30min stairs. We will see what coach says as this is now 3 straight weeks of wrong direction in terms of waist measurement which is the biggest thing we wanted to reduce.
Sounds like you all have a puzzle to figure out.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you all have a puzzle to figure out.
Yeah I can’t see how nothing changes this week. Macros, cals, something. We can’t just add more cardio cuz I’m at 2hrs and not even cutting. That’s just silly to add more

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I can’t see how nothing changes this week. Macros, cals, something. We can’t just add more cardio cuz I’m at 2hrs and not even cutting. That’s just silly to add more
ANY cardio at this point should be for health benefits... If you were cutting then I could see it. Hell man I prepped for my show with 3 45-60 minute LISS sessions a week! Use calories to get this going... Build and Burn days...A big surplus on the Build days and a big deficit on Burn days. That or running in Build and Burn blocks. Makes recomp easy, and easier to control.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ANY cardio at this point should be for health benefits... If you were cutting then I could see it. Hell man I prepped for my show with 3 45-60 minute LISS sessions a week! Use calories to get this going... Build and Burn days...A big surplus on the Build days and a big deficit on Burn days. That or running in Build and Burn blocks. Makes recomp easy, and easier to control.
That’s my thought as well. My leanest ever I was doing 3-5, 20-30min limping sessions (torn hamstring) a week. This is already more than I’ve done in years.

We talked a bit yesterday and he had said he would present a few options by the afternoon but messaged me later if it would be ok to run my info/results by a colleague dietician/nutritionist at UofM athletics to get some more input and confirmation. Of course I’m all about any new opinions so I said go for it.

Plan is to have something new today (better be) and I told him I would just do bcaas through the day today until I hear back rather than waste another day going the wrong direction with the current diet.

Training and cardio will stay exactly the same for a third week to eliminate any new variables.