Team Juggernaut ft. Booneman77 - 3 months to Mass!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Really?

Huh.

Basically a celebration hosted by the couple, but typically run and planned by the bridal party. Games of chance or games of skill are set up where people use game tickets for a chance to win or compete.
+ raffles and a 50/50 draw is standard.
Drinks sold give a set portion of the drink ticket to the couple.

Just a fun night to raise $ and help the couple pay for a wedding basically lol. That said everyone here does them rich or poor. Always a fun time for me, I ran a golf putting competition but the show stealer was a “Hulk Hold” game. 2 tickets to play, hold a keg in front of you with arms at 90 deg. And hold it up as long as you can.
We did a women’s and a men’s “top time to beat” and it got damn competitive, drew a crowd and people cheering others on. Winner took home the keg, and there was a one-arm hold as well with some rare Italian cheese (4kg in a bag) that the Italian side donated lol.

Our record for the night was a 4 minute keg hold and a 7 minute one-arm hold. I got asked all night if I was competing lol but my sister (bride) and I agreed I would just do it for fun while we set up so my number wasn’t deterring challengers Honestly though my left shoulder is and was a wreck and the top time beat mine, I was around 3:30 on the keg

Used my right arm for the cheese though, and crushed that top time ;)
Thats pretty cool! I never heard of something like that so my assumption is its a canadian thing... we dont have anyting even remotely like that except during the wedding theres a pittsburgh thing called the "dollar dance" where everyone lines up to dance with either the bride or groom and give a fw bucks for a shot (of somehting cheap or silly) and then a short dance... otherwise its all on us to pay haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When’s the wedding again? I’m going to Hawaii end of June to be a groomsman in my buddies wedding. Gonna be a good time!
I love all weddings... theyre just always such a good time. September 8th is mine ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats pretty cool! I never heard of something like that so my assumption is its a canadian thing... we dont have anyting even remotely like that except during the wedding theres a pittsburgh thing called the "dollar dance" where everyone lines up to dance with either the bride or groom and give a fw bucks for a shot (of somehting cheap or silly) and then a short dance... otherwise its all on us to pay haha
Then a voice from out of nowhere tells you... "If you build it they will come..."

It actually sounds really cool and especially if you all are not doing separate bachelor / bachelorets parties... Not saying you arent but if not that would be a great way to do something else together.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Then a voice from out of nowhere tells you... "If you build it they will come..."

It actually sounds really cool and especially if you all are not doing separate bachelor / bachelorets parties... Not saying you arent but if not that would be a great way to do something else together.
Haha actually were both doing our own bach WEEKENDS she’s going with her girls to Nashville for 4 days and my crew is going to New Orleans (my first time) for 3. we’re going pretty big ha

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good times ahead :)

Sept. Will be here before you know it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha actually were both doing our own bach WEEKENDS she’s going with her girls to Nashville for 4 days and my crew is going to New Orleans (my first time) for 3. we’re going pretty big ha
Nice you should have this party before that one to help pay for it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If it’s like here his groomsmen are buying for the bachelor party, but then this is a full weekend so I’m not sure.

Is there like a rule book for wedding protocol?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it’s like here his groomsmen are buying for the bachelor party, but then this is a full weekend so I’m not sure.

No I think you just add in whatever you want at this point and if people like it then it becomes an expectation for others to meet.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No I think you just add in whatever you want at this point and if people like it then it becomes an expectation for others to meet.
Sounds about right.

Without being consulted whatsoever I got told I was paying for 1/5 of a high end cottage rental and food/booze + entertainment for a weekend so...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Yeah theyre paying for most of it... which is basically just booze and their own plane tix since I will fly and stay for free

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Those business exec. level perks ;)

Sweet car rental too I’m sure. Should be a great time, haven’t been myself yet but even some of my Canadian friends still make it a destination for party weekends and they always come back with stories.

So, we expect stories ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Those business exec. level perks ;)

Sweet car rental too I’m sure. Should be a great time, haven’t been myself yet but even some of my Canadian friends still make it a destination for party weekends and they always come back with stories.

So, we expect stories ;)
I’d be disappointed and stunned if there aren’t more than a few to share haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well, today I made it official and fired my coach. I reviewed every stat and pic from the last 6mo and can honestly say it points having actually regressed rather than improved.

The next couple days I’ll be focusing on reworking my workout plans and getting things back to my comfort zone.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Well, today I made it official and fired my coach. I reviewed every stat and pic from the last 6mo and can honestly say it points having actually regressed rather than improved.

The next couple days I’ll be focusing on reworking my workout plans and getting things back to my comfort zone.
Well at least you dealt with him 3 months longer than I did.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Finally! Good for you man..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Starting and ending pics (final weight was 179.9lb)
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG

Some other fun stats from the app (haha)
IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry it didn’t work out for you either sir. I’m still getting the emails with my “custom workouts” after over a month of no contact. What a joke

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Bodybuilders/others here have a way of bouncing back from obstacles and setbacks, prep phase 2.0 begins

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bodybuilders/others here have a way of bouncing back from obstacles and setbacks, prep phase 2.0 begins
For sure, hope you do another log before the wedding! I’m sure you’re gonna make great strides.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry it didn’t work out for you either sir. I’m still getting the emails with my “custom workouts” after over a month of no contact. What a joke
thats funny... mine literally stopped asap this week ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't know whether I want to continue this log on or just start a new one (or none at all ha)...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Actually think mine finally did too! Last one was May 12th
might have just been a coincidence on mine that it coincided with whatever "end" dates they have programmed... might have gone on for awhile like yours did if I stopped next week vs this one

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gonna finalize this here with a quick review (since most of the last few posts pretty much sum everything up).

#1 Criteria - Achievement of goal (mass gain)
0/10 - as the above stats show, I gained no or even potentially slightly lost LBM through this process. On top of that, the sub-goal of staying reasonably lean was utterly ruined as well and I am far less lean than I have been in years. As well, through the timeline literally every single date set for for anything (from diet updates, to goal weights, to even phone calls and convos) was missed by days or even completely.

As I cut down, I am seeing that I will likely end up at the same or lower weight when I do reach the same starting level of leanness.

#2 Criteria - Coaching
2/10 - at times, there were positive signs of communication improvements and such, but overall the level of communication was terrible. missed calls, unanswered texts and app messages, etc... every time more was promised, less was given. Just a very poor level of even professionalism from start to finish.

Overall Thoughts - This was one of the worst experiences of my life and overall ruined any motivation I had for competing or engaging an online coach in the future. I told Carl this in the final conversation we had as well as he needed to hear it directly from me. All of the online clients that we had here on AM had similar or worse experiences as well so we know it was not just one person. This entire timeline also left me sour on not just the coaching, but also the brands and stores that I now know are also run by Carl/Team Juggernaut/ Mind&Muscle as I have truly seen how terrible the backside of these can be and will never personally use or reccommend them.

While I appreciate the opportunity to try something that I had always wanted to experience, I regret the whole process and take away a very minimal amount of positives from over 6mo of this process.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's just shameful, and as someone who helps people with this stuff but hasn't really bit the bullet on monetizing it makes me leery of jumping into the the online world of coaching. I have kind of looked at this thread as a things not to do when I start pushing my efforts more.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Onward and upward sir.

Take some time doing what you know works for you and consider coaching again once you’re back on top of your game again. Best starting point with a trainer is a sticking point when you could use some extra input and help pushing you to get to a new personal best physique/strength

Best of luck man, hope to see another log once you feel it