Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice session for what you had to work with. Way to keep it moving!
Thanks! As long as I've got a gym, I'm good to go.
I mean it seems like more than enough… lots of ways to make this kind of stuff work.

People let their egos get in the way of creativity sometimes. For example, with “only 50s”, you can pinch one between the knees and do weighted pull-ups. Most people are not going to be able to do even 15 reps like that. Or do tempo sets of 25 on db flies for pecs, dirty 30s for triceps, giant sets of various raises for delts, and most people can get great work on different curls with them.

Legs are tougher in that scenario, but split squats or lunges with a pair of 50s for as much volume as you can tolerate for thighs and some cable Pullthrus with the stack for glutes will definitely help keep legs filled out & heartrate zooming.

You can’t get “strong”, but if you locked me in that hotel with as much food and gear as I needed for 6 weeks I promise I could build some beach muscle.
Yeah, I can always make do. Just forces me to do different things. Would it be nice to bench, deadlift, or squat? Of course, but I can still get work done either way.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym time has been sporadic lately. Mind this morning isn't right. I always have a bit of a let down after some type of vacation. Plus I know this week is going to be tough. So sorta lack luster workout.

On the positive, work has been killer lately so took the day off and took the family to an indoor waterpark. Great Wolf Lodge. It was a blast! Kids loved the water slides. Seeing the pure joy on their faces is what life for me is all about.

Shoulders.

Rotator cuff ex resistance band, 2x12,12

Resistance band laterals x resistance band front raises 5x12/10, 12/10, 12/10
TRX facepulls 3x12

Seated DB shoulder press:
25x10
35x10
40x10

BB shrugs to the front, 135x3x12

41:09, 125 cals

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn Shredder
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 10g glutamine

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time has been sporadic lately. Mind this morning isn't right. I always have a bit of a let down after some type of vacation. Plus I know this week is going to be tough. So sorta lack luster workout.

On the positive, work has been killer lately so took the day off and took the family to an indoor waterpark. Great Wolf Lodge. It was a blast! Kids loved the water slides. Seeing the pure joy on their faces is what life for me is all about.

Shoulders.

Rotator cuff ex resistance band, 2x12,12

Resistance band laterals x resistance band front raises 5x12/10, 12/10, 12/10
TRX facepulls 3x12

Seated DB shoulder press:
25x10
35x10
40x10

BB shrugs to the front, 135x3x12

41:09, 125 cals

Sounds like a fun time with the family!! Still made the effort to get a workout in that’s a win!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like a fun time with the family!! Still made the effort to get a workout in that’s a win!!
I’ve heard that place is great; glad to hear your family loved it! Sounds like you made a great day out of it even after a rough start.
There’s a great wolf lodge a few hours away that I take the fam. That place is rad!
Thanks fellas, it was a lot of fun! They had enough stuff for kids of all ages, from my littlest (3) through teenagers (arcades and stuff), plus adult only sections of the waterpark for a hot tub, etc. We didn't use that stuff, but I could see going back at multiple ages.

Little bike session. Was interrupted like 3 times, so not continuous, but just put in some time.

31:40, 143 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beta alanine tingles hit hard this morning.

Legs.

Bird Dogs x10,8,5
BB squats with band pull aparts:
135x10
185x8,8,8

Leg Ext Machine, 3 plates x 3 x 10
SLDLs 95x 3 x 10
TRX calf raises 3x12

Ab work, just because:
Russian medicine ball twists 3x12 superset with Russian medicine ball crunches, 3 sets to failure
Swiss ball crunches 3x10

55:37, 226 cals

Just trying to keep the lights on.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CisussXT, 10g glutamine

Really didn't feel like doing legs today, but it was time. Everything felt tight and heavy. Haven't been doing anything lately to help my leaning, so that's just what it is. Been having difficulty getting my schedule to line up with my coach lately, so not sure if this is going to work out sadly.

Tomorrow will be my last dose of AnacyclusXT, will begin Recomp20 immediately after. May add in a TD, just feel like I need a little motivation boost.

Currently have:
Ursa-gel
Epichaos
A little epiandro
Half bottle of 4-andro
May be getting some 1-andro

Also have another bottle of 3-AD staring at me...

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, turns out my son has strep. And on top of that, I got hit with some type of illness. Crashed after dinner. Body aches and stomach just feeling off. Planning to head to bed early and take a rest day tomorrow. Hopefully back up and running come Sunday...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, turns out my son has strep. And on top of that, I got hit with some type of illness. Crashed after dinner. Body aches and stomach just feeling off. Planning to head to bed early and take a rest day tomorrow. Hopefully back up and running come Sunday...
Hope your son starts feeling better! This whole week I’ve been out from congestion/runny nose etc. just been keeping nutrition in check and trying to sleep and rest up.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see ya still pressing through man! Finally back after losing the app lol.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope your son starts feeling better! This whole week I’ve been out from congestion/runny nose etc. just been keeping nutrition in check and trying to sleep and rest up.
Thanks man, he's been in good spirits the whole time which helps!
Glad to see ya still pressing through man! Finally back after losing the app lol.
He lives! Hopefully you stick around this time, could use the extra motivation! What kind of program are you running these days?

So, decided to do a mini-fast partly out of necessity. Finished dinner prob around 6:30-7 last night where I basically force fed myself before crashing. Woke up still feeling bloated, so opted to skip breakfast and just go with coffee until lunch. Hunger pangs kicked in just now around 10:30 or so, but figured I was close so... it'll end up being ~17 hrs fast.

Doubled up my vit C dose, and have been doing elderberry and zinc to try to beat this cold. Some motrin as needed for the body aches.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Indulged a bit too much tonight at a friend's house. New stack starting tomorrow:

Recomp20
TTA-500
Mitoburn
Inhibit-p
Eradicate

May still add paradoxine yet, but at minimum will run Ghost Burn Shredder on cardio days pre-WO.

Edit: spoke too soon, son was up puking last night, so needless to say no gym happened this morning. Will try again tomorrow!

Last edited:
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Body aches with a cold! No good man! Hope you guys start beating this thing soon!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Body aches with a cold! No good man! Hope you guys start beating this thing soon!
Thanks man. I'm feeling normal again, just my son now. Need to get over this hump!

New plan:
Cut for 1 month with stack above.
Go full throttle next month (trying to line up a few items, PM me if you got something)
Coast until Sept at maintenance with new muscle tissue, then hard cut until and end of year show (Nov/Dec).

Need to kick my @ss into gear. I'm not getting any younger!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest WO, focus on hypertrophy.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

DB incline press:
20x10
50x10
60x10
70x7

Seated machine chest press:
6 plates x 10
7 plates x 10
8 plates x 10

Bench Press
135x6,4,7 - prexhaustion killed these this AM. But that's OK since this wasn't the main focus today. Spaghetti arms this morning!

Machine flys
4 plates x 10
5 plates x 8,6

Resistance band flys, 20x2x10

Fitbit stopped recording somewhere along the way, so I think this is under reported. 37:15, 140 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th edition

Just glad to be back in the gym this morning. Would've loved to push more weight, but that's always. Focusing on the positive and eyes on what's ahead of me.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking Beefy!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you know how you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time, just like anything else.

Just keep moving forward, the best you can. It’s never ideal; we all just try to do the best we can with the time that’s given to us. Hoping your boy feels better soon!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
holy trapasaurus!
Haha, thanks man. It's honestly one of those muscles I don't really work because I've never needed to. But I do think my front delts/side delts are finally starting to come up to give me that more full/rounded look.
Looking Beefy!!!!
Thanks!
Do you know how you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time, just like anything else.

Just keep moving forward, the best you can. It’s never ideal; we all just try to do the best we can with the time that’s given to us. Hoping your boy feels better soon!
Yep, I'm working on it. One day at a time for me lately. Thankfully my son is feeling better for now, but I think my wife might have caught his strep, so...

Got a big Memorial Day BBQ gathering coming up. Hope everyone will be feeling ready by then!

Didn't sleep well last night, think I was a bit overstimulated by the Defiant Unleashed yesterday plus my normal coffee, as I haven't been going consistently as hard with the exotic stims. Got out of bed at 5:30 for my morning cardio as I was restless:

40:01, 202 cals on the bike.

Knee raises 3x12
Side bends, 25# Thor Hammer 3x10 per side

2 scoops Ghost Shredder Burn pre-WO, 2g CissusXT, 10g glutamine, 1 scoop Kaged hydration, 1 scoop Bomba EAAs intra-WO.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curl Ups x10,5,3

Lat pulldowns:
6 plates x 10
8 plates x 10
10 plates x 10

Standing Close Grip Cable Rows:
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10,10

Neutral Grip Pull Ups x 9,6,6

Underhand BB rows, 95x10,10,10

Foam rolling to finish.
40:55, 107 cals.

Lower back was bothering me a little this morning when I woke up, so opted to skip legs and deadlifts. Got in a short back session. A little lackluster.

Coach sent me a new training plan that I may start this weekend. Hoping to get in a 1 on 1 session too. Maybe we'll get back on track. Feeling a little lost at the moment this morning. Really need the next goal, plan, something to get me excited about...

Pre: 1 scoop Vice XXX Baja Blast
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration, 2g CissusXT, 10g glutamine

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curl Ups x10,5,3

Lat pulldowns:
6 plates x 10
8 plates x 10
10 plates x 10

Standing Close Grip Cable Rows:
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10,10

Neutral Grip Pull Ups x 9,6,6

Underhand BB rows, 95x10,10,10

Foam rolling to finish.
40:55, 107 cals.

Lower back was bothering me a little this morning when I woke up, so opted to skip legs and deadlifts. Got in a short back session. A little lackluster.

Coach sent me a new training plan that I may start this weekend. Hoping to get in a 1 on 1 session too. Maybe we'll get back on track. Feeling a little lost at the moment this morning. Really need the next goal, plan, something to get me excited about...

Pre: 1 scoop Vice XXX Baja Blast
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration, 2g CissusXT, 10g glutamine
Weren't you planning on trying to get ready for some type of competition at some point in the future? Don't let the daily minutia of chaotic life take your mind off of that goal if I am remembering correctly.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weren't you planning on trying to get ready for some type of competition at some point in the future? Don't let the daily minutia of chaotic life take your mind off of that goal if I am remembering correctly.
Yeah, but we're talking Nov or Dec, exact show isn't decided yet. That's part of the problem, I need more short term goals too in order to mentally focus me further. I'll figure it out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but we're talking Nov or Dec, exact show isn't decided yet. That's part of the problem, I need more short term goals too in order to mentally focus me further. I'll figure it out.
Map the months/phases out. A competition prep diet is often 16 weeks. It’s a lot closer than you are realizing. That means you have just 4-8 weeks to grow any muscle before it’s all leaning out from there.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night was chaotic in our household. Daughter seems to have caught the wife's cold so she was up multiple times. Son is just full on toddler tantrums. So needless to say, my sleep was not great.

After the kids were off to school I did manage to sneak in some cardio to start the day: 33:39, 199 cals on the bike.

Looking forward to the long weekend. And thank you to those who have served. Have a great one everybody!

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Map the months/phases out. A competition prep diet is often 16 weeks. It’s a lot closer than you are realizing. That means you have just 4-8 weeks to grow any muscle before it’s all leaning out from there.
@Segansational This was my thought as well. It is time to step on the gas unless you don't plan to grow any more before cutting for the show.

I am in a bit of a quandary with competing. I want to do classic, which depending on the day I could land in the between the 5'7-5'8 which tops out at 182 lbs, or if I am showing over 5'8 at all the max weight is 190. It is a big range when one day you read a little bit over 5'8 and other times I have been measured it may be anywhere between 5'7.5" up to 5'8". My last height check I showed 5'8 on the dot so I am right on the cusp. The show I want to build up for is in October of next year so I have a good amount of time to build up. I guess really I would just go into Open BB if I overshot Classic Weight. I just hope my gyno gets down to a level I am willing to step on stage with it as I lean up. Which I probably won't know until about mid-prep somewhere in the single digits.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We certainly did over here, multiple BBQs, great weather, lots of outdoor time!

New workout program, lower body at least is all giant sets. New program is 3x per week weights.

Lower Body

Warm up :
Side Band Walks (band below the knees) 20 Step Each Side

Perform 3 sets
A1. DB Regular Poliquin Style Split Squat 6 reps per Leg
Rest 20-30 seconds
A2. BB Front Step up 6 reps per Leg
Rest 20-30 seconds
A3. DB Short Stance Split Squat (focus on quads ) 12 reps per Leg
Rest 90-120 seconds

Did these only with 5# DBs and an empty bar to get the motion down right this morning. Even so, the isolateral focus, being off a few days, my legs felt the burn. Definitely notice that my hips felt tight this AM.

Perform 3-4 sets
B1. BB RDL 10 reps - 95#
Rest 20-30 seconds
B2. DB Walking Lunges 8 reps per Leg - 20#
Rest 20-30 seconds

Cleaned the BB and then finished with...

B3. BB Wide Stance Squat 8-10 reps - 95#
Rest 90-120 seconds

Did 3 sets. Was sweating good by this time...

Final exercise:
BB Good Mornings. 3x10, Rogue power Bar only.

Quads definitely felt it after this session. Definitely a different style of workout than I'm used to for legs. Will see if I turn to jelly tomorrow, lol.

Foam rolling to finish.

51:41, 246 cals.

Intra: 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration, 1 scoop Juice.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Even so, the isolateral focus, being off a few days, my legs felt the burn. Definitely notice that my hips felt tight this AM.
before I read this part, I read the movements and session. my thoughts were "man that's a lot of sorta out of the norm movements, just off enough that I could see it creating some interesting muscle confusion and giving some great results, maybe some DOMS too" then I read your part about the burn and I thought yeah I bet lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is going to bring up a lot of stabilizers, and make getting to the toilet hard!!! Nice work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is going to bring up a lot of stabilizers, and make getting to the toilet hard!!! Nice work.
This is why I am doing more single leg stuff in my current meso right now. I want to get those functioning better, then go back to my SSB squats next meso and see if things progress more smoothly with stronger stabilizers and more equalized force production on my right side. The lunges are already proving they can kick my ass.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
before I read this part, I read the movements and session. my thoughts were "man that's a lot of sorta out of the norm movements, just off enough that I could see it creating some interesting muscle confusion and giving some great results, maybe some DOMS too" then I read your part about the burn and I thought yeah I bet lol
Haha, yeah I'm feeling it in different places today!
Felt a little shaky, but not terrible today!
This is why I am doing more single leg stuff in my current meso right now. I want to get those functioning better, then go back to my SSB squats next meso and see if things progress more smoothly with stronger stabilizers and more equalized force production on my right side. The lunges are already proving they can kick my ass.
I do think there's probably benefit to bringing these iso movements in, help stabilize for bigger lifts - and keep my physique more balanced overall is my guess.

41:15, 171 cals on this bike this morning followed by knee raises. Threw in some swiss ball crunches and medicine ball twists x med ball crunches for good measure!

Just got some icon one and alpha 4 from a good forum bro on here. Thinking about switching the idea up to a more mild 1/4 TD, plus either epiandro or 3-AD oral run, rather thank blitzing the next month. Haven't done a proper andro run in a while, but figure it might keep my health markers up a bit better...

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just got some icon one and alpha 4 from a good forum bro on here. Thinking about switching the idea up to a more mild 1/4 TD, plus either epiandro or 3-AD oral run, rather thank blitzing the next month. Haven't done a proper andro run in a while, but figure it might keep my health markers up a bit better...
are both of these products essentially variations of dermacrine? the Alpha Four looks like a mix of Ultra Hard + Dermacrine but without the epiandro?

Ultra Hard is still my all time favorite compound I've ever played with but I do think that both dermacrine and the androsterone irritated my nipples

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
are both of these products essentially variations of dermacrine? the Alpha Four looks like a mix of Ultra Hard + Dermacrine but without the epiandro?

Ultra Hard is still my all time favorite compound I've ever played with but I do think that both dermacrine and the androsterone irritated my nipples
No, these are multi step prohormones with 4dhea focused on testosterone and 1dhea focused on 1-testosterone.

I think icon one also includes Dermacrine in the blend along with the 1dhea.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No, these are multi step prohormones with 4dhea focused on testosterone and 1dhea focused on 1-testosterone.

I think icon one also includes Dermacrine in the blend along with the 1dhea.
yeah I saw the dhea in both of them (but I do tend to get confused on 4dhea vs 1 dhea) and the androsterone on the other so It made me wonder. part of me thinks it was the androsterone that gave me by far the greatest mood enhancement of everything I've experimented with this year because oral epiandro, even in a higher dose, doesn't have the same effect.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah I saw the dhea in both of them (but I do tend to get confused on 4dhea vs 1 dhea) and the androsterone on the other so It made me wonder. part of me thinks it was the androsterone that gave me by far the greatest mood enhancement of everything I've experimented with this year because oral epiandro, even in a higher dose, doesn't have the same effect.
Androsterone specifically has a good euphoria too it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So it'd be...

Alpha 4: 4-DHEA, Androsterone / Super 4-andro (IML): 4-DHEA
Icon 1: 1-DHEA, DHEA, pregnenolone
Maybe 3-AD thrown in for good measure.

Biggest issue is TD volume, most times application is 5 pumps. I get in 4 at most in any one sitting before I run out if room, so combining two TDs is not normally something I try to do.

Late start this morning for the kids getting out the door. They were both up multiple times last evening, so no early WO. Took down 1/2 shot of FUBAR and did 32 mins on the bike, 187 cals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So it'd be...

Alpha 4: 4-DHEA, Androsterone / Super 4-andro (IML): 4-DHEA
Icon 1: 1-DHEA, DHEA, pregnenolone
Maybe 3-AD thrown in for good measure.

Biggest issue is TD volume, most times application is 5 pumps. I get in 4 at most in any one sitting before I run out if room, so combining two TDs is not normally something I try to do.

Late start this morning for the kids getting out the door. They were both up multiple times last evening, so no early WO. Took down 1/2 shot of FUBAR and did 32 mins on the bike, 187 cals.
If you have to pick between them, Icon One is the one you want to full dose, for sure. Combining that with 3AD will be more effective than relying on 4dhea.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking one from the book of Kleen lately, utilizing the thighs, hammies, butt, calves and even tops of my feet for TD. I've avoided inner thighs because of skin irritation, as well as stomach. I have only been applying maybe 1 to 1.5 total pump volume to my traps as well because I notice I get a really stiff neck when I have a lot of TD up there. I got that way from both UH and Sustain Alpha.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New workout #2. Chest/Arms.

Wide Grip Pull Ups, x4,4,4,3
Was hesitant to do these because of my shoulder, but did them nice and slow. Felt my right shoulder slip a little on the 3rd rep of my last set so called it. Should have been 4x4.

Supersets:
A1. DB Drag Curl 10 reps, 20#
A2. Overhead Triceps Extension 10 reps, 10#
Perform 4 sets

B1. Bench Press, goal 10 reps x 10 rep drop sets:

10x135#,
8x135#,
7x105#,
10x95#

Drop Sets:
10x95#,
6x95#,
6x95#,
10x55#

B2. DB Floor Press 10 reps x 20#
10x10#, Drop Sets
Perform 4 sets, drop sets.

Completed all 4 sets of floor presses with prescribed reps. Really like having these as a finisher. Probably need to drop Bench weight down though and increase DB floor press weight next time around to get closer to the full rep scheme.

This workout is clearly designed for punishment! Even using lighter weights I felt it today. Biggest issue is time to complete this workout. Was still supposed to have one more (!) superset of Zottman Curls x Flat Bench Lying Triceps ext, but would've extended me past an hour.

52:07, 236 cals.

Great session to cap the week!

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo. Just saw they rebranded and changed the names of their pre's. Supposedly same formulas.
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
New workout #2. Chest/Arms.

Wide Grip Pull Ups, x4,4,4,3
Was hesitant to do these because of my shoulder, but did them nice and slow. Felt my right shoulder slip a little on the 3rd rep of my last set so called it. Should have been 4x4.

Supersets:
A1. DB Drag Curl 10 reps, 20#
A2. Overhead Triceps Extension 10 reps, 10#
Perform 4 sets

B1. Bench Press, goal 10 reps x 10 rep drop sets:

10x135#,
8x135#,
7x105#,
10x95#

Drop Sets:
10x95#,
6x95#,
6x95#,
10x55#

B2. DB Floor Press 10 reps x 20#
10x10#, Drop Sets
Perform 4 sets, drop sets.

Completed all 4 sets of floor presses with prescribed reps. Really like having these as a finisher. Probably need to drop Bench weight down though and increase DB floor press weight next time around to get closer to the full rep scheme.

This workout is clearly designed for punishment! Even using lighter weights I felt it today. Biggest issue is time to complete this workout. Was still supposed to have one more (!) superset of Zottman Curls x Flat Bench Lying Triceps ext, but would've extended me past an hour.

52:07, 236 cals.

Great session to cap the week!

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo. Just saw they rebranded and changed the names of their pre's. Supposedly same formulas.
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration
That looks quite punishing! Nice job and great way to end the week!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great weekend away visiting our nation's capital. Saw some old friends and did some of the touristy stuff with the fam. Short week ahead as we've got a camping trip coming up, first one of the summer season. I love summers!

Back to work this morning for a back and shoulder session:

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Neutral Grip Pull Ups, 4x6 - WO calls for wide grip again, but I opted to do neutral grip.

A1. Seated DB Shoulder Press, 40# x 8 reps
A2. DB Lateral Raise, 20# x 12 reps

Did 3 sets, scheme wasn't clear on how many I should be doing.

B1. Bent DB Neutral Grip Rows
40# x10
35# x10,10

B2. DB Underhand Grip Row
30# x 10
25# x 10,10

B3. DB Rear Delt
5# x 10,10,10
Goal was 12-15 reps. Did these seated, as I wasn't sure what exercise to use. On a giant set my delts were fried, so used baby weights.

Did only 3 sets of this giant set, supposed to do 4 sets. Felt a little odd as with light weights to do the prescribed number of reps/sets they felt just like burnout sets.

There were two more superset/giant sets as part of this workout, but my son woke up at this point so I took a PAUSE.

C1. DB Upright Row (try to keep away from body)
15# x 10,10

C2. Bent Over Lateral Raise
15# x 12,12

Again, supposed to do 4 sets here, but shortened down to 2 sets due to time and my son being downstairs with me.

Finished with some foam rolling/stretching.

~46 mins, 153 cals.

Need to check in with my coach, as it seems like a few of these thoughts weren't fully finished. Like the # of sets for first superset, or what type of rear delt exercise. I made due for now. These workouts are still just way too long for what I can accomplish in one session, that's my biggest complaint. And I didn't even get to the last giant set which was back focused...

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 75mg 3-AD.
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration.

Going to run Cardiovascular Support XT throughout, Optimize T post, so keeping the SNS support going.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a great weekend away visiting our nation's capital. Saw some old friends and did some of the touristy stuff with the fam. Short week ahead as we've got a camping trip coming up, first one of the summer season. I love summers!

Back to work this morning for a back and shoulder session:

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Neutral Grip Pull Ups, 4x6 - WO calls for wide grip again, but I opted to do neutral grip.

A1. Seated DB Shoulder Press, 40# x 8 reps
A2. DB Lateral Raise, 20# x 12 reps

Did 3 sets, scheme wasn't clear on how many I should be doing.

B1. Bent DB Neutral Grip Rows
40# x10
35# x10,10

B2. DB Underhand Grip Row
30# x 10
25# x 10,10

B3. DB Rear Delt
5# x 10,10,10
Goal was 12-15 reps. Did these seated, as I wasn't sure what exercise to use. On a giant set my delts were fried, so used baby weights.

Did only 3 sets of this giant set, supposed to do 4 sets. Felt a little odd as with light weights to do the prescribed number of reps/sets they felt just like burnout sets.

There were two more superset/giant sets as part of this workout, but my son woke up at this point so I took a PAUSE.

C1. DB Upright Row (try to keep away from body)
15# x 10,10

C2. Bent Over Lateral Raise
15# x 12,12

Again, supposed to do 4 sets here, but shortened down to 2 sets due to time and my son being downstairs with me.

Finished with some foam rolling/stretching.

~46 mins, 153 cals.

Need to check in with my coach, as it seems like a few of these thoughts weren't fully finished. Like the # of sets for first superset, or what type of rear delt exercise. I made due for now. These workouts are still just way too long for what I can accomplish in one session, that's my biggest complaint. And I didn't even get to the last giant set which was back focused...

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 75mg 3-AD.
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration.

Going to run Cardiovascular Support XT throughout, Optimize T post, so keeping the SNS support going.
How long do you feel a training session to build muscle should last/take?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
To piggyback on @Hyde's question, if you want short workouts you are going to have to tell your trainer you need shorter workouts with more intensifiers. You are not going to reach the levels of volume you need to adequately grow on straight sets in such a short period of time. That or if you can cut some of these in half and do them in 2 sessions a day. Which doesn't shorten the time training but just shortens the sessions. Otherwise you will likely need to add in things like rest pause / myoreps, or drop sets, to get more effective reps (hard reps) in such a short period of time. It can definitely be done but if short workouts are what you need then your trainer is going to have to tailor your approach specifically for that. Additional intesnifiers, and less exercises per workout so you spend less time warming up for other movements. Things like that. Just think, 2-3 warm up sets for the initial movement, do 3 sets, 2 more warm ups for the new exercise then 2-3 sets of it, then 1-2 warm ups for the next exercise and then 2-3 sets, or warm up 3 sets then do 4-6 sets of a very effective exercise in much less time. An incline and a flat pressing movement covers all of the angles you need for massive pecs. You could always throw in a finisher with 2 hard sets of flies or something if you needed more.

Anyway, sorry not trying to write your program for you but these are the things I think you need to bring up with him if you are going to keep working with him. For him to be a good trainer he has to figure out what is best for YOU, in YOUR situation. Not what he thinks is just simply the best approach. Another option would just be to get up earlier to train or something.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at some point you start to shorten your sessions too much you are basically doing WODs. although I still believe crossfit if programmed intelligently can create a fantastic response for bodybuilders, the problem with crossfit it's it's programmed by morons now days. (we did overhead press and bench today so today we're going to snatch because we can't do the same movement 2 days in a row but it's OK if we use our shoulders every single day for the next 47 until we get bursitis. lol... my quads were 2" bigger in circumference when competing in crossfit buy my squat and DL are both bigger now)

one thing I've learned about myself now at 40 is that my 2 a days CAN be effective in splitting workouts, but it's going to be a lifting session and a cardio session. I just am not sure anymore that I can have 2 lifting sessions in one day unless I'm on a bulk and prepared to eat to support that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
at some point you start to shorten your sessions too much you are basically doing WODs. although I still believe crossfit if programmed intelligently can create a fantastic response for bodybuilders, the problem with crossfit it's it's programmed by morons now days. (we did overhead press and bench today so today we're going to snatch because we can't do the same movement 2 days in a row but it's OK if we use our shoulders every single day for the next 47 until we get bursitis. lol... my quads were 2" bigger in circumference when competing in crossfit buy my squat and DL are both bigger now)

one thing I've learned about myself now at 40 is that my 2 a days CAN be effective in splitting workouts, but it's going to be a lifting session and a cardio session. I just am not sure anymore that I can have 2 lifting sessions in one day unless I'm on a bulk and prepared to eat to support that.
BOOM! You probably cannot. Saturday when I finished my biceps and shoulders, then went back and did my legs in the evening I had to fuel up all day. That was only for a session and a half. However, I don't think 2 35-45 minute sessions a day should be too hard to fuel up for, but if not in a true bulk you would want to have a decent surplus those days and remove from non training days in the week.

With something like a MYOREP sets or something it is actually a lot different hypertrophy stimulus than an XFit WOD or even regular XFit training. Lots of eccentric training happening that is typically not done in crossfit, and a lot more approaches to failure in a set that is limited by the muscle's ability to contract, and not whether or not you are breathing to heavy to continue a set or something where the limiting factor can be aerobic or should I say non-aerobic fitness in XFit. With Rest Pause / MYOREPS you might do 2-3 reps close to failure on initial set, then 2-3 more effective reps on the RP, then maybe 1 or 2 on the next. That is a big difference between 2-3 effective reps in a set and 6-8 effective reps in an RP/MYOREP type of set with the same weight. So if you look at say 3-4 sets like these the effective reps really start adding up getting perhaps 24-34 effective reps in 4 myorep sets compared to what could have taken 11 straight sets otherwise. Obviously there is more overall volume in those 11 straight sets, but the effective reps have the most effect by far so getting more of them in is a huge growth stimulus. That is why DC, and MYOREPS are so effective for people when it comes to hypertrophy. By the way to clarify since I have been humping Renaissance Periodizations leg the last several weeks when I say RP here I mean Rest Pause sets. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
trick question!
No, I’m genuinely curious what his expectations are.

I’ve seen people succeed on 45 minute sessions, but the total workload and frequency has to be there somehow. They usually train 5x a week, and like Kleen said there is a push to get a lot of work density.

The main question I would be asking myself is, does it make sense to go to a more intense/dense training program, or do I need to be setting my alarm earlier. This is something in my own training I had to examine recently. My heavy bench day is very intense; it requires tremendous rest periods compared to what I prefer. But it doesn’t work without them, so the answer if I wanted to do this program correctly that I do believe is effective for me, was to get up & begin earlier.