Segansational's Motivation Log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, and treated myself to a Nintendo Switch! Got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
haha I still only have Fortnite on mine but my boy and I love to jam out hours of that or occasionally Mario Kart on his ;)

You know I totally forgot this, but COVID very commonly causes GI issues. I definitely had some, and so did my wife. People can get diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, etc.
ah right very true. Second time we had a big exposure we bowed out of a big group event. everyone there was vaccinated except us, but over the age of 70 and even though we weren't concerned, we didn't want to be responsible for getting anyone else infected. that weekend we were totally fine except we both noticed mild stomach issues for about 12 hours and when we did a walk, I was quickly winded and sweating. so felt like we likely did indeed have round 2 of the rona but the prior natural immunity more or less did its job

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take full dose of CV Support XT, and Kidney Assist XT every morning with no real issues. Occasinally when the caps first burst I do get a little gassy but it is gone within 10-15 minutes if it starts. However this is usual for me if taking a dose on an empty stomach. I might need to change my timing though with the vitamin D, I wasn't thinking about he fact it was fat soluble and taking on an empty stomach could be deleterious to the positive effects from it. That or just keep taking a 2nd dose of Vit D daily.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, well I'll chalk it up to either lingering illness or something else, as I do take with food.

Hotel Workout, traveling the front end of this week.

Bench Press:
Warm up, 95x12
145x8
165x5
175x3 - could've gone heavier

Seated straight arm flys
50x12
70x10
80x10
90x10

Cable crossovers, 30x10 - too similar to prior exercise

Seated Neutral Grip Chest Press Machine
80x10
90x10
100x10

Bent over BB rows:
90x10
100x10
110x10
Cardio-wise felt pretty taxed at this point.

Seated Close Grip Cable Rows:
100x10
120x10
130x10

36:35, 269 cals

Pre: 1 packet of Hemo Rage Black

Great gym at the hotel this morning. Had a Rogue platform and bumper plates no one else was using. I might hit it up for squats tomorrow. Full cardio machines incl. Pelotons (not my thing, but I know a lot like them), full DB racks and fixed barbells for curls, etc. Fitness classroom, tons of machines, boxing equipment. Could've spent all morning here if I had the time!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As rare as a hotel gym like that is, the real question is where on Earth did you find Hemo Rage Black packets?? Those have to be over a decade old.
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that stuff, it didn't click when I saw it. That stuff was pretty good.

I found a hotel gym in Austin I believe it was that had power racks on platforms, deadlift platforms, a GHR, full Hammer Strength stuff, a floor for Crossfit type of stuff and very cool motivational pictures on the walls. It was an awesome gym! I loved training that entire trip.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that stuff, it didn't click when I saw it. That stuff was pretty good.

I found a hotel gym in Austin I believe it was that had power racks on platforms, deadlift platforms, a GHR, full Hammer Strength stuff, a floor for Crossfit type of stuff and very cool motivational pictures on the walls. It was an awesome gym! I loved training that entire trip.
That’s so Texas! In IL you usually get a treadmill, and a pair of 30 dbs if you’re lucky

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s so Texas! In IL you usually get a treadmill, and a pair of 30 dbs if you’re lucky
There is a reason I have not moved out of Texas since I got here back in 87! I was a reluctant transplant from the Appalachians but love this place now!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think I have ever seen a good Hotel Gym !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As rare as a hotel gym like that is, the real question is where on Earth did you find Hemo Rage Black packets?? Those have to be over a decade old.
Haha, I have a bag full of random samples I've collected over the years that I dip into when I travel. I also brought Repp Broken Arrow, but it was all sticky/clumped. But the Hemo Rage was GTG!
I don't think I have ever seen a good Hotel Gym !!
It's such a bonus when you get one. I mean, I'll make it work regardless, but those moments when you get a good one are golden!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha, I have a bag full of random samples I've collected over the years that I dip into when I travel. I also brought Repp Broken Arrow, but it was all sticky/clumped. But the Hemo Rage was GTG!It's such a bonus when you get one. I mean, I'll make it work regardless, but those moments when you get a good one are golden!
Oh when I travel for work I pull up the available hotels in our travel thing, Look for the ones with the gyms, then cross search for the one with the best gym in the area. If I can do that without too much distance from the office or breaking the bank I will do that. Otherwise I expense a day or week pass at a real gym nearby.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh when I travel for work I pull up the available hotels in our travel thing, Look for the ones with the gyms, then cross search for the one with the best gym in the area. If I can do that without too much distance from the office or breaking the bank I will do that. Otherwise I expense a day or week pass at a real gym nearby.
That is pretty cool that they let you expense it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is pretty cool that they let you expense it!
Well it is just like a meal or anything else I would have access to if I weren't traveling for work. So the expense exists because of the work trip. Similar to if I took my clothes to the cleaners because I don't have my laundry room. I did get asked about it once, and when I told them that reasoning they approved it. Also, I think our approval process is a but more lenient since we have attorneys who will argue for anything they want, and normally get it. Plus they will easily drop 5,000 in a night wining and dining a potential high dollar client. This includes bars and entertainment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well it is just like a meal or anything else I would have access to if I weren't traveling for work. So the expense exists because of the work trip. Similar to if I took my clothes to the cleaners because I don't have my laundry room. I did get asked about it once, and when I told them that reasoning they approved it. Also, I think our approval process is a but more lenient since we have attorneys who will argue for anything they want, and normally get it. Plus they will easily drop 5,000 in a night wining and dining a potential high dollar client. This includes bars and entertainment.
Yeah I expensed the fee for exit row seats on my last flights. I told it like it is - I have moviegoers syndrome, so having the extra leg space mean my knees won’t hurt nearly as bad. I’m on this flight for their business; I shouldn’t need to be in pain because they can’t fork out $20 more for an arbitrarily priced plane ticket.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah I expensed the fee for exit row seats on my last flights. I told it like it is - I have moviegoers syndrome, so having the extra leg space mean my knees won’t hurt nearly as bad. I’m on this flight for their business; I shouldn’t need to be in pain because they can’t fork out $20 more for an arbitrarily priced plane ticket.
I always try to get an aisle seat of the left side of the plane so I stretch out my bad right knee!! The price we pay for the lifestyle we live !! 💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always get an isle seat so I can lean out into the isle a little so my wide self isn't touching the person in the seat next to me. I expense it too. I just tell them I am just too wide to sit in the window or middle seat without ruining every person in my rows flight, most importantly... MINE!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curl Ups x10,5,3

Warm up, machine preacher curls:
2 plates, 2x12

GVT Supersets

EZ bar curls:
+70x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4,4
Close Grip BP:
135x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6
Arms felt blown up after this today!

DB laterals 25x6,6,6
Bent over DB laterals 25x6,6,6
These winded me.

A little foam rolling and posing to finish.

1 hr 1 min, 196 cals.

Don't know, may need to calorie restrict or try the IF approach soon. Not happy with how large my midsection has gotten lately. Could maybe jump in on @MrKleen73 transformation thread...

Pre: 1 scoop Total War
Intra: 1 scoop True Athlete, 1 scoop Versalyte, 2g Cissus, 10g glutamine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb

Mentally not in it these past few days. Been only intermittently getting in the gym. Just a lot going on right now, but trying to stick with it. Still dealing with a lingering cough and slight brain fog at times, but other than that, I'm doing OK.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We can only do so much in 24 hours!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We can only do so much in 24 hours!
True, hard when you're burning the candle at both ends, but we do what we gotta do.

Forgot to mention, still double dosing vit C & D, and running Liver XT and Cardio XT. Probably will continue this for another week before going back to typical daily doses and adding back in Elderberry.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always get an isle seat so I can lean out into the isle a little so my wide self isn't touching the person in the seat next to me. I expense it too. I just tell them I am just too wide to sit in the window or middle seat without ruining every person in my rows flight, most importantly... MINE!
I might have to move back to this. I tend to get a window for similar reasons but man these planes are getting cramped.

Mentally not in it these past few days. Been only intermittently getting in the gym. Just a lot going on right now, but trying to stick with it. Still dealing with a lingering cough and slight brain fog at times, but other than that, I'm doing OK.
good on you for keeping the discipline. the fire comes and goes at times but when it's lit you'll really really appreciate those days you stayed on it even when you weren't feeling it. covid side effects might last a little while. There are some great nootropics on the market, I really enjoyed the Genius brand mushroom powder for brain fog, great stuff and relatively affordable.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't know, may need to calorie restrict or try the IF approach soon. Not happy with how large my midsection has gotten lately. Could maybe jump in on @MrKleen73 transformation thread...
Dude! You definitely should!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On both accounts for that matter.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude! You definitely should!!!!
Please do I find it to be great motivation, and we all help to fuel each others efforts !!

Team Transformation !!
I just might. Just spoke to my coach about doing a mini-cut, then reassessing where we're at. With everything going on, we haven't worked out together this past month. But, this plus the transformation thread might just be the thing the doctor ordered!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, hopped on the bike for some cardio and sweat session this afternoon after eating a big @$$ chipotle burrito, lol. 30:48, 197 cals. Followed by some medicine ball ab work.

Pulling some old rabbits out of hats, opened a packet of OL Bloodshr3d pre-cardio. Same intra-WO concoction as usual. Picked up the Ghost TMNT drop this past week, so have Shredder coming on Wed. Will probably start that up pre-WO to kickstart my mini-cut. Plus a bunch of SNS goodies.

Oof, just did a weigh in: 167.6, 15.5%.

BurnBlackShredder.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey AM folks, well, it's been about 5 days since I've had a proper workout. Haven't had the motivation or been able to get myself out of bed in the morning. Honestly, have been pretty sedentary with the rainy weather lately here too. But back in it for some legs.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

BB squats, with banded pull aparts in between sets:
Warm up, 135x12
185x8,8,8

Seated leg ext, 3 plates x10,10,10
SLDLs 95x10,10,10

TRX calf raises 3x12

48:15, 217 cals

Slow workout, lots of rest between sets. Partly just didn't have the drive, partly was still feeling winded after each set. I've gone back to normal doses of C & D, dropped Liver XT and Cardio XT for now. Waiting for my coach to send me a new program, hoping to resume workouts with him this weekend to push me back into the positive. Not making excuses, just stating facts. Need to get back on it. Just feeling a little aimless at this point.

On the plus side, my quads are looking great after today's workout?

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th Edition
Intra: Same intra cocktail + 1/2 scoop Super Carb

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well sometimes some rest is needed and a break!

glad to see you back and getting going, you will be back to normal in no time my friend 💪🏻💪🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs will be sore tomorrow!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs is a great way to return. Then you can do 2-3 upper sessions and be ready to hit them again.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well sometimes some rest is needed and a break!

glad to see you back and getting going, you will be back to normal in no time my friend
Thank you! Yeah, the next few weeks are still pretty busy, but I'm just making up my mind to get after it. If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!
Legs will be sore tomorrow!
Yes, definitely feeling it after about a week off! But here we are for some cardio.
Legs is a great way to return. Then you can do 2-3 upper sessions and be ready to hit them again.
Yeah, just need to figure out my next plan of attack!

Cardio this morning (bike, 45:01, 260 cals). Got myself up even though it was another late work night. Cracked my tub of Ghost Burn Shredder and downed 2 scoops. Forgot how nice their products premium packaging is, no digging for the scoop! Flavor was decent with a little spiciness. About 15 mins in the sweating hit due to the pro-GBB. 300 mg c as caffeine at 2 scoops. Trying to kick start a little fat loss. Intra aminos, glutamine, electrolytes, cissus.

Let's go conquer the day!

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you! Yeah, the next few weeks are still pretty busy, but I'm just making up my mind to get after it. If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!Yes, definitely feeling it after about a week off! But here we are for some cardio.Yeah, just need to figure out my next plan of attack!

Cardio this morning (bike, 45:01, 260 cals). Got myself up even though it was another late work night. Cracked my tub of Ghost Burn Shredder and downed 2 scoops. Forgot how nice their products premium packaging is, no digging for the scoop! Flavor was decent with a little spiciness. About 15 mins in the sweating hit due to the pro-GBB. 300 mg c as caffeine at 2 scoops. Trying to kick start a little fat loss. Intra aminos, glutamine, electrolytes, cissus.

Let's go conquer the day!
Get it!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rotator Cuff Ex Bands 2x12,12

Seated Chest Press Machine
4 plates x 12
6 plates x 10,10,10

Bench Press:
95x10
135x8
185x1
145x6,6

Machine Flys
4 plates x 10,10,10

Dips x 10,12,10

40:59, 155 cals.

Today's workout certainly didn't set the world on fire, but at least motivated myself to get out of bed this morning.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn Shredder
Intra: Same as usual, plus 1/2 scoop Super Carb.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today's workout certainly didn't set the world on fire, but at least motivated myself to get out of bed this morning.

Every workout you get in is better than one you don't

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Every workout you get in is better than one you don't
Amen brother!

Chest Workout with Coach, first time in about a month.

Incline Chest Press:
Per side,
45x12
90x10
115x8? Assisted
125x4-6? Assisted

Cable crossovers:
6 plates x 12
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 8

Seated Chest Press
100 x 10
120 x 10
140 x 8?
160 x 4-6? Assisted

Single arm, straight arm flys
100x3x8-10

Close grip push ups on medicine ball
3 sets x 6, to failure

47:26, 262 cals.

Pre: 2 scoop Ghost Burn Shredder
Intra: Same as last workout. That's the end of my Versalyte and True Athlete, so will be switching back to Juice intra-WO.

Felt good to be back at it and pushing things again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you enjoyed the session which is awesome! Hope you continue to feel well!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Amen brother!

Chest Workout with Coach, first time in about a month.

Incline Chest Press:
Per side,
45x12
90x10
115x8? Assisted
125x4-6? Assisted

Cable crossovers:
6 plates x 12
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 8

Seated Chest Press
100 x 10
120 x 10
140 x 8?
160 x 4-6? Assisted

Single arm, straight arm flys
100x3x8-10

Close grip push ups on medicine ball
3 sets x 6, to failure

47:26, 262 cals.

Pre: 2 scoop Ghost Burn Shredder
Intra: Same as last workout. That's the end of my Versalyte and True Athlete, so will be switching back to Juice intra-WO.

Felt good to be back at it and pushing things again.
Getting back at it!! Great job and a good session!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep Growing!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, I'm probably about halfway through my Anacyclus XT, thinking of switching to my bottle of Recomp20 after for probably an 8 week fat loss phase. Debating adding in topic epiandro to boost things along and preserve some of the built muscle mass. Thoughts here?

Back on the bike this morning for some AM cardio, 35:36, 164 cals, plus some ab work. Traveling for work this week, so will try to keep on pace with workouts although I know my food choices will be more up in the air.

Also, popped open a tub of Bomba EAAs Blue Slushie (EAAs, 1g Peak02, coconut water, Spectra) yesterday. Did a ton of physical labor yesterday afternoon as I took down a 2 story tree in our yard and then proceeded to cut that up/haul that away.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
WOW, now that is a lot of work. So, did you have to climb that bad boy and cut it from the top first?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WOW, now that is a lot of work. So, did you have to climb that bad boy and cut it from the top first?
Didn't have to climb it, but did get a rope around one of the higher branches to just prevent it from falling the wrong direction. Took it down from the bottom with a chainsaw to fell it, then proceeded (still working on it actually) to chop it up in segments. Should have some decent firewood to season for camping!

Back Workout:

Curl Ups x10,5,3
Neutral Grip Pull Ups x10,8,7

Lat Pulldowns:
6 plates x 10
8 plates x 10
10 plates x 8

Deadlifts:
135x10
185x8,6

Standing Close Grip Cable Rows:
8 plates x 10,10,10

49:05, 164 cals

Foam rolling to finish.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g Cissus XT, 10g glutamine

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a tree in my backyard that I am probably going to cut down some time this summer. It is right next to my fence so I am going to have to climb up and cut a few of the big limbs going out over my fence down before cutting that bad boy down. Not excited about that one coming up. LOL

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Took it down from the bottom with a chainsaw to fell it, then proceeded (still working on it actually) to chop it up in segments. Should have some decent firewood to season for camping!
I find it to be a cathartic chore. Plus, the old saying is true. When you chop your own wood you heat yourself twice...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! My legs are toast right now, haha.

Saw this and thought a bunch of you AM folks would want to smoke this comp:

@Hyde @Dustin07 @HokiePride @ANABOLICWRWLF @SkRaw85

Feel free to tag in anyone else.
Funny I did see that a while back. No way I had time for all the plate proofing etc. thanks for the heads up though!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And damn you have put meat on the shoulder girdle and chest!
Thanks man, grinding day in and day out!

Hotel workout:

Warm up: 13 mins, bike, 2.66 mi, 71 cals.

Incline DB Press:
25x12
50x10,10,10
Left elbow was acting up a little bit.

Neutral Grip Pull Ups x10,6,6

Rope Pressdowns
12.5x12
22.5x10,10,10

Rope curls
22.5x10,10,10

DB laterals
10x10,10,10

27:51, 164 cals

Pre: 1 packet Hemo Rage Black, might be my last one

Small little hotel gym, a few cardio machines, DBs only to 50#, one of those Life Fitness dual pulley all-in-one gym machines. I've also never seen a gym that is carpeted. Seems like a bad idea for cleaning... but this hotel left a lot to be desired in general. Did a weekend warrior style workout and just hit all the vanity muscles. Good pump, looked vascular and big.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session for what you had to work with. Way to keep it moving!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session for what you had to work with. Way to keep it moving!
I mean it seems like more than enough… lots of ways to make this kind of stuff work.

People let their egos get in the way of creativity sometimes. For example, with “only 50s”, you can pinch one between the knees and do weighted pull-ups. Most people are not going to be able to do even 15 reps like that. Or do tempo sets of 25 on db flies for pecs, dirty 30s for triceps, giant sets of various raises for delts, and most people can get great work on different curls with them.

Legs are tougher in that scenario, but split squats or lunges with a pair of 50s for as much volume as you can tolerate for thighs and some cable Pullthrus with the stack for glutes will definitely help keep legs filled out & heartrate zooming.

You can’t get “strong”, but if you locked me in that hotel with as much food and gear as I needed for 6 weeks I promise I could build some beach muscle.