Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah I saw that, a lot of sets! good pump?
my worst lift is squats, so I "need" to work on that, but IMO my most lagging size element is arms so I "want" to work on that lol
Yeah, arms were definitely "swole" afterwards! Posting here for reference:

Coached session this afternoon for an arm workout. Prob ~45-50 mins, lots of volume to failure/burn out sets.

Free motion cable curls:
5 plates x 12
6 plates x 10
7 plates x 10
8 plates x 10

Free motion seated overhead triceps ext:
3 sets of 10, ascending weights

Close grip TRX biceps curls x 12,10,10

100 rep challenge:
45#, reps to 100. Goal is to never put the barbell down. Got to about 50 or so reps and then it was a huge burn, by the last 20 reps I could barely grip the BB.

Yes, he had me curling in the squat rack!

Single arm DB lying triceps ext
10x12
15x10,10

Assisted dips to failure:
+110# - hit about 23 or so reps, lost count for remainder of the sets.
+140#
+160#

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 5g glutamine
Intra: 1 scoop True Athlete Endurance formula (aminos + 1g Peak02, got this on clearance at VS for ~$9), 1 scoop Versalyte, 1 scoop Tango, 6g taurine.
Similarly, my recent leg session was brutal and centered mostly around variation of foot placement/partials for a ton of volume for squats in the smith machine. Give it a try!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah I saw that, a lot of sets! good pump?
my worst lift is squats, so I "need" to work on that, but IMO my most lagging size element is arms so I "want" to work on that lol
Can I have a show of Arms (Hands) of everyone who is stratified with the size of there arms ? 💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes, just depends on how I'm feeling, but it's a little annoying to constantly pull them on and off when supersetting with biceps.So far so good, but usually it hits the next day. Take a look back in my log at last week's arm session with my coach, some crazy growth forcing exercises in there.
Then don't take them off, they will add a little resistance and give your forearms a Blood flow Restriction effect as well too which is great you are just trying to increase volume on the biceps for hypertrophy anyway.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@MrKleen73 What brand of sleeves do you recommend ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@MrKleen73 What brand of sleeves do you recommend ?
I have the SDB elbow sleeves and like them. I have used them since 2016 and still quite effective!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekend update.

Haven't been posting the past few days as I haven't been able to make it to the gym.

Work is ramping up, daughter's been home sick - she has COVID - so some of our birthday plans for her had to be cancelled. Also no training sessions with my coach. My left elbow has been bothering me, and this morning my left ankle as well. Think I may need some new shoes, as it seems like my left side alignment is just off.

Been eating like an idiot lately, basically since Easter, since we had those chocolate candy creme eggs in the house - and having a daily drink. I know I need to reign it in, but I'm not ready to just yet.

Plan is to get some yard work in this morning before the rain rolls through, then get a workout in. Will hit shoulders for a dedicated session.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was hoping to get a walk in about Sun-Up today, but the rain came to early !! I hope your Yard Work Plans work out!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those chocolate cream eggs are gangster - you can’t help getting held up by them! I am a huge fan of the Cadbury eggs and Reese’s Eggs as well. I haven’t had any of them this year, but I will live vicariously through you!

You don’t need to feel bad inherently about enjoying your treats, but if it truly has you feeling like you are living out of step with what is best for your overall happiness then that’s when I would say, okay - enough is enough, time to continue moving towards what will give me the most satisfaction.

Sometimes that is treats & family meals, and sometimes that is improving health so you can have more of the prior later on for longer, hopefully.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is a little Ice Cream Shop here that makes there own fresh Ice Cream, I took my grand Daughter there last weekend and the Daily Special was Coconut Egg. It was so good !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon shoulder session.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Rotator cuff ex bands 2x10,10

Seated behind the neck BB press:
+20x10, warm up
+40x10
+50x10
+60x8

DB laterals, 20x10,10,10
Bent over DB laterals, 20x10,10,10
Upright rows, cable machine:
4 plates x 10,10,10
Seated DB shrugs, 40x12,10,10
Resistance band facepulls, 20x12,12

41:23, 186 cals.

Left elbow was still bugging me even with my elbow wraps on. Also, got in probably about 1.5 hrs of yard work, lots of bending over and walking in the humidity. Heat wave was killer. Worked out in my basement without a shirt, benefits of a home gym! Drank some Versalyte after yard work. So doubled up on the electrolytes today, Vit C and Elderberry to keep up my immunity. Plus I take an ON gummy that has probiotics plus echinacea.

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces
Intra: 1 scoop True Athlete, 1 scoop Versalyte, 10g glutamine, 1g Cissus XT, 1/2 scoop Super Carb (12.5g ClusterDextrin). Man, I realize now just how much easier it is to just use an all-in-one like G Code Juice. Didn't even fit in any creatine.

Also, no taste issue with 1g Cissus, will likely up to 2g/d. Any recommendations here on daily dose?

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon cardio, went for a run in the neighborhood. 21:31, 1.78 mi, 176 cals. This was 2 times around the loop. My daughter ran with me for the first one and we did 12:16 around for 0.90 mi.

Pre: 1 can C4 Ultimate, drank this probably over the course of an hour leading up to my run.
Post: Same concoction as my intra from yesterday, minus the Super Carb.
1/2 banana (for some extra carbs/potassium) with Breanne's blend ADNB.

Also did probably another hour of yard work or so this morning, this time I cut down a few small trees in the yard and pulled some more vines along the fence.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you just start on the cissus ? I think that’s right if I remember correctly.

when my elbow flared up a while back I suffered through maybe 2-3weeks then finally decided to order cissus and joint XT. After getting them was probably 6-10 days and it was gone. Before that on bench for example it was to the point when I was scared I was going to drop the bar. So I’m hopeful it is going to help you out!!

also I run 2 big caps of fish oil a day/ but I am always on this.

also seeing Hyde/Kleen/Dustyn warm up with light weight high rep hammer curls I have started adding those in as a warmup.

Sounds like you are still getting some work in though!!! Diet yeah I feel you, I have added 24hr fasting in I feel has helped me a lot. Cutting beer has been the hardest thing for me. I now make myself go all week no beer and allow myself to have 3 on Friday evening or move that to Saturday or Sunday. I made a deal with myself to keep the beer intake almost nill until I hit my weight goal.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, just started Day 3 of Cissus. Today I'm doing 2g and plan to stay here unless others recommend different. Also starting up Anacyclus XT, running at 4 caps (2 AM pre-WO, 2 PM). Tomorrow is my last day of M-test, so slight overlap to bridge into this phase.

Leg Day.

Curl Ups x10,5,3 and foam rolling.
Warm up, leg ext:
2 plates x10,10

BB squats:
Warm up, 105x10
Working sets, with banded pull aparts:
180x10,10,10,10,10

Superset with:

DB hamstring curls 5x10,10,10,10,10

Son woke up after 5 sets, but I was pretty winded at this point.

43:51, 168 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 2 caps A-XT
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 10g glutamine, 2g Cisuss XT.

Well, it finally happened. We've managed to remain mostly unscathed by the pandemic, but 3 out of 4 of us have COVID in my household, myself included. Feeling OK, just developed a bit of a cough. Wife has headaches, all have lots of runny noses, but we also all have pollen allergies. Hoping it all stays mild. As long as I feel physically good, I'm going to keep up with my workouts - benefit of a home gym!

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Home Gyms are a life saver !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, just started Day 3 of Cissus. Today I'm doing 2g and plan to stay here unless others recommend different. Also starting up Anacyclus XT, running at 4 caps (2 AM pre-WO, 2 PM). Tomorrow is my last day of M-test, so slight overlap to bridge into this phase.

Leg Day.

Curl Ups x10,5,3 and foam rolling.
Warm up, leg ext:
2 plates x10,10

BB squats:
Warm up, 105x10
Working sets, with banded pull aparts:
180x10,10,10,10,10

Superset with:

DB hamstring curls 5x10,10,10,10,10

Son woke up after 5 sets, but I was pretty winded at this point.

43:51, 168 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 2 caps A-XT
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 10g glutamine, 2g Cisuss XT.

Well, it finally happened. We've managed to remain mostly unscathed by the pandemic, but 3 out of 4 of us have COVID in my household, myself included. Feeling OK, just developed a bit of a cough. Wife has headaches, all have lots of runny noses, but we also all have pollen allergies. Hoping it all stays mild. As long as I feel physically good, I'm going to keep up with my workouts - benefit of a home gym!
If you take D3 already, bump your daily dose to 10,000iu. If you don’t use it but can have groceries delivered, I would take 20,000iu daily for a week or two to crank your levels up. When it’s low, under the recommended 30-100 range, a doctor will give you 40,000iu to raise it over months, so this is still a very mild recommendation.

I’d also use 2g NAC & Vitamin C daily to help supplement glutathione stores that will be getting burned through. Selenium & B Complex are also useful cofactors for glutathione production.

If you have Curcumin, load up on it. This virus is highly inflammatory and things like that and Telmisartan seem to lower the inflammation in the heart from it, helping lower damage.

If things start getting nasty, 10mg each of Pepcid & Zyrtec dosed twice a day helped prevent folks from having to go to the hospital, probably by inhibiting cytokine storms was the study’s hypothesis. But it concretely lowered hospitalization incidence very significantly.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the recos @Hyde I do currently use Vit D3 at 5000 IU daily and already bumped my Vit C to 2g daily when my daughter was coming down with it. So should be easy enough for me to keep double dosing. Also, I have some NAC caps at 600 mg dosing. So will add. And I run daily Zyrtec year round for seasonal allergies.

Think that Versalyte/Gatorade/Body Armor will be my friends for the next few days too!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And actually, now that I look, I've been running Liver AssistXT which has both 1g NAC and turmeric already in it, so I'll just keep rocking with that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been eating like an idiot lately, basically since Easter, since we had those chocolate candy creme eggs in the house - and having a daily drink. I know I need to reign it in, but I'm not ready to just yet.

Plan is to get some yard work in this morning before the rain rolls through, then get a workout in. Will hit shoulders for a dedicated session.
I love Cadbury eggs. I couldn't let myself cheat and even eat one because I know I won't stop. I bought some and then gave to a friend to put up for me so I don't have any in the house.

I just crossed losing the 30 lb. mark in the last 2 months within the last couple days and my goal is 14 more lbs. and then I'm going to fix myself a Cadbury egg and Vanilla Bean ice cream milkshake.

Important note: I'm actually only 11 to 12 lbs. from first major goal weight, but I know I won't stop at just one milkshake so I had to pad it a little to give myself room to gain a lb. or two from all of them haha.

Those chocolate cream eggs are gangster - you can’t help getting held up by them! I am a huge fan of the Cadbury eggs and Reese’s Eggs as well. I haven’t had any of them this year, but I will live vicariously through you!

You don’t need to feel bad inherently about enjoying your treats, but if it truly has you feeling like you are living out of step with what is best for your overall happiness then that’s when I would say, okay - enough is enough, time to continue moving towards what will give me the most satisfaction.

Sometimes that is treats & family meals, and sometimes that is improving health so you can have more of the prior later on for longer, hopefully.
Cadbury eggs are my weakness. Someone even sent me a picture of one recently haha 😂:ROFLMAO:

I love the chocolate ones but you don't see them in stores much. I bought a case of them a few months ago but won't let myself open them for another few months haha.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a die hard Reeses Peanut Butter Egg guy !! (But I won't say no to a Cadbury Coconut Egg)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, now I'm debating whether or not I should do cardio tomorrow morning. Technically I'll be day 3 positive, but reality is I went for a run on Day 1 - and that level of exertion was much harder than any LISS on the bike. Also, today's weight session would've had my heart pumping probably more so than cardio too. Thoughts? Or do I just take the rest day?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, now I'm debating whether or not I should do cardio tomorrow morning. Technically I'll be day 3 positive, but reality is I went for a run on Day 1 - and that level of exertion was much harder than any LISS on the bike. Also, today's weight session would've had my heart pumping probably more so than cardio too. Thoughts? Or do I just take the rest day?
I would skip it if it were me. I hope that you and your daughter both feel better.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My personal opinion is that you never stop exercising when sick, you just scale it down some. I ran two miles every day when I had COVID. The worst day it was more like half mile jog intervals but I still did the full distance and golfed four times.

I truly believe my COVID experience was incredibly mild because I was ornery, exercised and every morning I took c, elderberry, d, and electrolytes. Every evening I drank bourbon.

If you are vaxxed with multiple shots your experience could be worse than mine from what I've seen among my own friends and family.

In that case I'd still highly recommend movement but within reason. Like a walk to the park instead of sprints. Imo

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We took light, easy strolls most days we had COVID. I don’t know if it helped or hurt, but it was nice to get some sun & fresh air and off the couch for 20 minutes or so.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We took light, easy strolls most days we had COVID. I don’t know if it helped or hurt, but it was nice to get some sun & fresh air and off the couch for 20 minutes or so.
My opinion is based on observation and experience of course, not exact science but when COVID ran through our office everyone who waved the white flag and stayed in bed got sicker and the few of us who treated it like a cold and kept active were not bothered much and bounced back far faster.
..that said I fully accept the possibility of a chicken and egg thing here. Perhaps we stayed more active because our cases were more mild!

And that said ..I doubt it lol.
From what I saw the virus was incredibly mentally challenging for many and in my circle the people who feared it the most got the sickest....

Sorry if I'm sounding political at all just sharing my experience.... I know it became a politicized topic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A walk outside in the fresh air and sunshine would be my choice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not had COVID yet luckily, or at least to my knowledge. I have had a few colds since it came out where i did not check for it. That being said, I would likely prescribe to just taking walks myself. I also get asthmatic bronchitis very easily and get activity based asthma attacks when my lungs start to get inflamed. So I refrain from things that could make me start breathing hard and cause something like that to happen. Speaking of, I need to tell the Dr I need a new inhaler I just noticed mine expired. I keep one with me when I have bad allergies or anything that could form into bronchitis like issues.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My personal opinion is that you never stop exercising when sick, you just scale it down some.
This is usually my MO as well, lighter work when sick, but not usually avoiding all together.

A walk outside in the fresh air and sunshine would be my choice.
I have not had COVID yet luckily, or at least to my knowledge. I have had a few colds since it came out where i did not check for it. That being said, I would likely prescribe to just taking walks myself.
Well, this is the approach I opted to take today. And I think it was the right one. I crashed yesterday after dinner, was super tired. Went to bed early. Light body aches, more muscular than anything else.

Took a 15 mins walk at a moderate pace, just around the cul de sac, and felt that winded me more than it should've. But the fresh air and sunshine definitely is a benefit.

I truly think there is a lot to that, some mild activity + vitamin D. Also mental clarity and health.
I definitely subscribe to that theory for it improving mental health!

I may test out some light weight work tomorrow, chest/back, but not GVT. Just something to get the blood flowing. We'll see.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is usually my MO as well, lighter work when sick, but not usually avoiding all together.

Well, this is the approach I opted to take today. And I think it was the right one. I crashed yesterday after dinner, was super tired. Went to bed early. Light body aches, more muscular than anything else.

Took a 15 mins walk at a moderate pace, just around the cul de sac, and felt that winded me more than it should've. But the fresh air and sunshine definitely is a benefit.

I definitely subscribe to that theory for it improving mental health!

I may test out some light weight work tomorrow, chest/back, but not GVT. Just something to get the blood flowing. We'll see.
I recall feeling overly winded as well, that's when my runs turned into jog walk intervals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm wondering if adding in CardiovascularXT would be beneficial during this time too. If so, I'd lower my standalone D3 back to 1 cap, as it already has 2000 IU in it. But a quick search seems to imply that CoQ10 as example may be beneficial in recovery, as well as being generally positive re: antiviral in general. And it looks like lower levels of K2 were found in COVID patients, so there may be some correlate here. Olive leaf also was investigated in a clinical trial, although no results posted. So, anyone know about the other ingredients here? @sns8778 may really be coming through here with my general health daily drivers/optimizing my health.

Chest/Back:

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Neutral Grip Push Ups x15,12,12
Machine Flys, 4 plates x10,10,10
Bench Press, 135x8,8,10 - forgot I was going less reps here and did 10 on last set. Mind was on autopilot!

Neutral grip pull ups x9,9,8
Low cable rows, 6 plates x10,10,10 - kept these at the lowest weight setting I used last time.

Kids both woke up. So ended things here.

51:02, 123 cals.

Didn't do anything too overly strenuous this morning, but enough to satisfy my itch and make me feel like I did some work. Heart rate may have been a bit up more than usual. Feeling generally OK, although my low back (middle of my spine) has felt a little sore since yesterday, so will keep an eye on that.

Pre: 2 caps Anacyclus XT, 1 scoop Total War
Intra: 1 scoop Versalyte, 1 scoop True Athlete, 10g glutamine, 2g Cissus XT, 1/2 scoop Super Carb

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No advice on the Covid as some how (knock on wood) I have not had it yet. Hope you get to feeling better though, same for the family. Looks like you are staying active and getting around so that’s great!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm wondering if adding in CardiovascularXT would be beneficial during this time too. If so, I'd lower my standalone D3 back to 1 cap, as it already has 2000 IU in it. But a quick search seems to imply that CoQ10 as example may be beneficial in recovery, as well as being generally positive re: antiviral in general. And it looks like lower levels of K2 were found in COVID patients, so there may be some correlate here. Olive leaf also was investigated in a clinical trial, although no results posted. So, anyone know about the other ingredients here? @sns8778 may really be coming through here with my general health daily drivers/optimizing my health.
super curious to see what recovery protocol you land on, how fast you get "over it" etc. I threw the kitchen sink at it because I was just to ornery/pissed to "get sick" so I just kept on trucking. @Hyde mentioned cytokine storm I believe and I remember a lot of discussion around that and elderberry back in the early days of the 'rona but I maintained my elderberry regiment and feel like I did very well. it's now a staple in my house and my wife and I tend to double down on it anytime we feel a sniffle coming. My sister in law makes elderberry syrup from scratch at home for their family as well.

No advice on the Covid as some how (knock on wood) I have not had it yet. Hope you get to feeling better though, same for the family. Looks like you are staying active and getting around so that’s great!
I wouldn't be surprised if you and @MrKleen73 both did actually have it and didn't know it. I never would have bothered testing when I got it except I was travelling so I had to. It's incredibly mild for some people like a cold. the one thing that stood out for me though was that I did lose taste one night, and smell for about a week so it was pretty typical of symptoms.

interesting sidenote on that. My buddy lost his sense of taste for quite a few months after having it. we went down on a long weekend trip to Arizona (sun, vitamin D) and almost instantly the last of his symptoms disappeared, taste/smell came back. Maybe that is mental, maybe it was D? for like a year or so post covid intermittently my wife would say she had an ashtray flavor in her mouth (she's never been a smoker) but it again was a weird intermittent thing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
super curious to see what recovery protocol you land on, how fast you get "over it" etc. I threw the kitchen sink at it because I was just to ornery/pissed to "get sick" so I just kept on trucking. @Hyde mentioned cytokine storm I believe and I remember a lot of discussion around that and elderberry back in the early days of the 'rona but I maintained my elderberry regiment and feel like I did very well. it's now a staple in my house and my wife and I tend to double down on it anytime we feel a sniffle coming. My sister in law makes elderberry syrup from scratch at home for their family as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if you and @MrKleen73 both did actually have it and didn't know it. I never would have bothered testing when I got it except I was travelling so I had to. It's incredibly mild for some people like a cold. the one thing that stood out for me though was that I did lose taste one night, and smell for about a week so it was pretty typical of symptoms.

interesting sidenote on that. My buddy lost his sense of taste for quite a few months after having it. we went down on a long weekend trip to Arizona (sun, vitamin D) and almost instantly the last of his symptoms disappeared, taste/smell came back. Maybe that is mental, maybe it was D? for like a year or so post covid intermittently my wife would say she had an ashtray flavor in her mouth (she's never been a smoker) but it again was a weird intermittent thing.
One thing I have never understood is how overweight people with the missing sense of taste just don't diet while they can't enjoy their food. I have seen a few people around me that lost taste for longer periods and they didn't even make an effort. To me while I couldn't enjoy the food would be the perfect time to go on a cut!

I also would not be too surprised if I have had COVID and didn't know it or show symptoms. I have had both my son, and my daughter have it twice in the same house with me. No major quarantine done, just avoided physical contact with them. So, it is very likely I could have had it but if so at least around that time I showed zero symptoms, but like I said I have had a few colds over the last couple of years. I have only taken 2 COVID tests throughout the entire time, and those were required before coming back into the office after my kids had COVID, then they made me wear a mask for 10 days at work so the next 2 times the kids got it separately I just never told my HR because I wasn't wearing that damn mask for 10 days at work!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that Cardiovascular Support XT is a great product for almost anyone to use because it helps with so many different aspects of cardiovascular health but also has so many other potential benefits including immune system support, respiratory health, etc.

Vitamin D, Vitamin K, CoQ10, and Olive Leaf as you mentioned have all been said to help with Covid and Covid recovery.

You asked if anyone knew about the other ingredients here - were you asking about the other ingredients in Cardiovascular Support XT in general or specific to Covid and Covid recovery?

The entire formula could be beneficial in terms of heart health and Covid/Covid recovery in the sense of cardiac issues with people that have or have had Covid. Also, there is some research and also theories on Terminalia Arjuna on Covid recovery.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well you can’t sell a supplement and promote it as a cure for a disease, but COVID is an inflammatory virus that damages the cardiovascular system, also raising blood pressure, and Cardiovascular Support XT promotes cardiovascular wellness & helps lower blood pressure some. So I don’t see how it would be a bad thing to supplement with.

I use it every day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well you can’t sell a supplement and promote it as a cure for a disease, but COVID is an inflammatory virus that damages the cardiovascular system, also raising blood pressure, and Cardiovascular Support XT promotes cardiovascular wellness & helps lower blood pressure some. So I don’t see how it would be a bad thing to supplement with.

I use it every day.
Me Too !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This has been another go to for a while now, mostly started taking elderberry a few years back when some of the flu strains were ramping up. Usually I just use/my family takes it in the fall. But we had been using up until we got COVID. I am also unsure about the implications on cytokine storm, but to be cautious, we dropped it.

I think that Cardiovascular Support XT is a great product for almost anyone to use because it helps with so many different aspects of cardiovascular health but also has so many other potential benefits including immune system support, respiratory health, etc.

Vitamin D, Vitamin K, CoQ10, and Olive Leaf as you mentioned have all been said to help with Covid and Covid recovery.

You asked if anyone knew about the other ingredients here - were you asking about the other ingredients in Cardiovascular Support XT in general or specific to Covid and Covid recovery?

The entire formula could be beneficial in terms of heart health and Covid/Covid recovery in the sense of cardiac issues with people that have or have had Covid. Also, there is some research and also theories on Terminalia Arjuna on Covid recovery.
Yes, I was asking specific to COVID studies/evidence.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This has been another go to for a while now, mostly started taking elderberry a few years back when some of the flu strains were ramping up. Usually I just use/my family takes it in the fall. But we had been using up until we got COVID. I am also unsure about the implications on cytokine storm, but to be cautious, we dropped it.

Yes, I was asking specific to COVID studies/evidence.
General rule of thumb on elderberry is that it's great to use for immune system health, especially for helping to avoid or lessen symptoms of cold and flu and boost overall immune system. But due to the cytokine storm discussion, many people just stop using if diagnosed with Covid for the period they have Covid. Note: I did not stop using it during Covid as the cytokine storm issue is more complicated than a lot of people try to simplify it to being and I do not think Elderberry causes any issues with that as related to Covid, but that's just personal opinion.

As Hyde mentioned above, companies (myself included) aren't allowed to promote products specific for Covid prevention or recovery - but yes, there are studies on numerous ingredients in Cardiovascular Support XT that show they may help with various aspects of it - both in having it and in recovery from it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arm WO.

Warm Up:
Resistance bands curls superset with
Resistance band triceps pressdowns 20x15/15, 15/15, 15/15

Machine preacher curls
2 plates x10
3 plates x10
4 plates x10

Dips x10,12,10
- Tried originally without my elbow sleeve and realized after 2 reps I needed it.

DB hammer curls 20x10,10,10
- Kept these light on purpose.

Close grip BP 135x10,8,8
- Kept this on the bar, so just decided to do it?

EZ bar curls +40x10,8,8
- Again, dropped weight lighter than I usually would here. Even these though felt a little taxing.

Pre: 1 scoop Total War
Intra: Same combo as previous.

Stretching/foam rolling to finish.
45:26, 155 cals.

Quick update on status:
Feeling generally OK other than a sore throat and general sinus stuff going on. I do find I'm more winded by things like pushing my kids on their tent swing the other evening or on my walks. I'm taking it lighter in the gym and taking decent down time between sets, but I do feel it more even with the less volume exercises I'm doing. Low back muscles still a little sore. May try some light cardio tomorrow or Sunday. Likely will need to slowly build that endurance back up.

Thankful so far it seems that everything has been manageable and the family has had only mild cases.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take it easy and let your body recover

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the good work, I have been babying my right biceps a bit with the issue I am having too. I have just been creating my own tension when training Biceps. Flexing the weight up while fighting the contraction with my triceps. I got in about 58 reps with a smooth cadence on supinating curls with a hard 1 second contraction at the top last night just to fill them with blood. Got to a burning RPE8 and called it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
30 mins of LISS on the bike, 163 cals still had me huffing a bit more than usual. Did a little ab work. Still keeping it all light. Travel for work this week, plus it's busy both personal and work on the back end. So just trying to keep my head up and my mind right.

Oh yeah, and treated myself to a Nintendo Switch! Got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope you love the Nintendo! Zelda is such a great series
Yeah, should be a fun time. I rarely get moments to myself to spend the kind of time needed for these type of games anymore, but I figured it'd be perfect to kill a 4 hr plane ride to TX!

Side bar, I've recently stated Anacyclus XT, Cissus XT, and Cardiovascular Support XT. Any of these specifically that might cause some GI discomfort? Past two days it's ramped up. I've use the first two before and don't remember this, so thinking it might be something in CV XT?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have zero discomfort with Cardiovascular Support XT, but I do always take it with food because of the D3 (which is fat soluble).

I don’t have any GI issues taking Cissus on an empty stomach before meals like it recommends.

I have not used Anacyclus.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, should be a fun time. I rarely get moments to myself to spend the kind of time needed for these type of games anymore, but I figured it'd be perfect to kill a 4 hr plane ride to TX!

Side bar, I've recently stated Anacyclus XT, Cissus XT, and Cardiovascular Support XT. Any of these specifically that might cause some GI discomfort? Past two days it's ramped up. I've use the first two before and don't remember this, so thinking it might be something in CV XT?
Could be from taking a lot at once. Are you splitting the doses? Maybe spread it out more?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take two SNS Cardiovascular Support XT with breakfast and two with diner, no problems.