Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long do you feel a training session to build muscle should last/take?
I don't have a set amount of time I want/need to be working out, but I'm limited to at most an hour due to other life obligations. These sessions just seem long and at least for me, going beyond an hour is usually my focus limit/just feeling spent. But to the point raised here, I probably just need to check in with my coach to make sure he's flexing to my needs & goals, and that I have a bit of a give & take approach.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a set amount of time I want/need to be working out, but I'm limited to at most an hour due to other life obligations. These sessions just seem long and at least for me, going beyond an hour is usually my focus limit/just feeling spent. But to the point raised here, I probably just need to check in with my coach to make sure he's flexing to my needs & goals, and that I have a bit of a give & take approach.
Yeah, time is a huge factor, family needs and everything leave us needing to make some compromises somewhere. If you can't get up earlier for your sessions or whatever then that leaves increasing training density. I am sure you all will figure it out.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve seen people succeed on 45 minute sessions, but the total workload and frequency has to be there somehow. They usually train 5x a week, and like Kleen said there is a push to get a lot of work density.
I always found legit 5/3/1 to be very fast sessions, in that 50 minute ish realm. I think largely due to 2 things.
a. the workout is right in front of me so you move from one thing to the next
b. the rests are very limited by design.

I love a long 90 minute session where I can take my time on hard squats sets but it seems like an average session for me is probably 60-70 minutes these days excluding any cardio. If a session takes 90, I'm really enjoying myself and intra workout carbs of some sort.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried setting a couple extra alarms to get up a hair earlier this AM...

Lower Body

Curl Ups x10,5,3

Warm up :
Side Band Walks (band below the knees) 20 Step Each Side

Perform 3 sets
A1. DB Regular Poliquin Style Split Squat 6 reps per Leg x 10#
A2. BB Front Step up 6 reps per Leg x 45# rogue power bar
A3. DB Short Stance Split Squat (focus on quads )
10# x 6 per leg
10# x 10 per leg
10# x 12 per leg
Prescribed number of reps is 12 per set, but worked my way up.

Used 10# DBs this morning, but kept the BB empty on step ups.

Perform 3-4 sets
B1. BB RDL 10 reps - 95#
B2. DB Walking Lunges 8 reps per Leg - 20#

Threw in sets of resistance band pull aparts, then...

Had to rest a little longer in between this 2nd & 3rd exercise, as was just out of breath particularly after the second set... cleaned the bar up and:

B3. BB Wide Stance Squat 8-10 reps
95# x 10,10,10

Did 3 sets. This is the part of the WO where I get the sweat dripping down into my eyes and afterwards, I have to lean on the bench for support! Killer!

Final exercise:
BB Good Mornings. 3x10, Rogue power Bar only.

Foam rolling to finish. Another really good session in the books!

1 hr 02:30 mins, 315 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn Shredder, 75 mg 3AD
Intra: 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration, 1 scoop Juice.

Few things I've noticed. Already feeling a little indigestion from the 3AD, even with digestive enzymes, but I'm dosing all pre-WO and not having the enzymes until dinner. So I may try splitting my dose up, at least on non-WO days. Getting testy already a bit, plus libido up. Also, about halfway through a bottle of TTA and experiencing the calf cramps, so may need to up my potassium.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not too bad, an hour and some good volume work! Looks like getting up a little earlier helped a bit. You will be under an hour once fitness catches up and you don't need extended rests. Sounds like it was an awesome session from the description.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did 28 mins cardio, only 122 cals. Low level LISS, but also was interrupted half way through by my kids.

Also, this air quality thing from the Canadian wildfires is nuts!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, this air quality thing from the Canadian wildfires is nuts!
I'm sorry to hear that man. a few years ago it was very hard to enjoy outside at all with the BC fires coming down to WA state. I haven't seen any fires effecting us this year but I'm seeing a lot of friends around the nation posting nasty smog pics.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sorry to hear that man. a few years ago it was very hard to enjoy outside at all with the BC fires coming down to WA state. I haven't seen any fires effecting us this year but I'm seeing a lot of friends around the nation posting nasty smog pics.
Yeah, here on the East Coast we got hammered yesterday and today. Very hazy, smelled like a campfire, and pretty much warnings to stay indoors. Thankfully, it's supposed to clear up tomorrow, which is just in time as my kids have graduation outdoors & we're headed camping for the weekend!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, here on the East Coast we got hammered yesterday and today. Very hazy, smelled like a campfire, and pretty much warnings to stay indoors. Thankfully, it's supposed to clear up tomorrow, which is just in time as my kids have graduation outdoors & we're headed camping for the weekend!
Yeah I think it’s going to shift from the east coast and move back into the Midwest area with the weather changing.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hate to say it but a little bit of rain always does the trick! (we get more than enough as it is lol)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest/Arms.

Warm Up, rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x10,10

Neutral Grip Pull Ups, x4,4,4,4
Just given my shoulder situation, I went back to my normal neutral grip for these.

Supersets:
A1. DB Drag Curl
20# x 10,10
30# x 10,10
A2. Overhead Triceps Extension
10# x 10,10,10,10

B1. Bench Press, goal 10 reps x 10 rep drop sets:

10x135#,
8x135#,
8x105#,
8-10x95# (don't remember)

Drop Sets:
10x95#,
8x95#,
5x95#,
10x55#

B2. DB Floor Press 10 reps x 20#
10x10#, Drop Sets
Perform 4 sets, drop sets.

Kept weights consistent since last week, just to see how I fared the second time around. Able to add one or two reps to a few of the early BP sets, so call that a win.

Wore my elbow sleeves today. Still had a bit of unstableness feeling in my shoulders/elbows.

1 hr 1 min, 212 cals.

Day off to celebrate with the family and then an extended weekend of camping! Should be fun. No campfires allowed due to how dry everything has been lately, but there's a pool and all of that. Have a great one!

Pre: 1 scoop Ghost Burn Shredder
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Those drop sets seem like a fantastic way to help you slam out some hypertrophy work with your time sensitive sessions and even get a small HIIT effect possibly..... Love it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Elbow sleeves are a great idea if they help you feel less discomfort/more stable! Knee sleeves have really caught on because of CrossFit and the rise in popularity of powerlifting and social media exposure to strongman, but I am amazed how rarely guys will use elbow sleeves.

I have to compete without them so I try to train without them so I don’t miss them at comp, but for basically everyone else if you like them you should use them. Bodybuilding, gen pop, anyone with something grouchy. Lift more with less inflammation/faster joint recovery & better safety!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back from a fun, but exhausting weekend. Couldn't get up this morning, so ended up doing cardio instead of weights. Bike, 32:05, 163 cals.

Traveling midweek, so some hotel gym time in my future.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back from a fun, but exhausting weekend. Couldn't get up this morning, so ended up doing cardio instead of weights. Bike, 32:05, 163 cals.

Traveling midweek, so some hotel gym time in my future.
When you come back exhausted, you know you were living life to the fullest!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Elbow sleeves are a great idea if they help you feel less discomfort/more stable! Knee sleeves have really caught on because of CrossFit and the rise in popularity of powerlifting and social media exposure to strongman, but I am amazed how rarely guys will use elbow sleeves.

I have to compete without them so I try to train without them so I don’t miss them at comp, but for basically everyone else if you like them you should use them. Bodybuilding, gen pop, anyone with something grouchy. Lift more with less inflammation/faster joint recovery & better safety!
Yeah, I have been trying to use my gear more often even if not going that heavy. At this point I need to take precautions just to increase longevity if I intend to continue to train hard which I do. I still find it challenging to use them in earlier sets. I have to remind myself they actually help warm up the joint and not that I need it for any type of assistance with a heavier lift. Just a different mentality and form of use now.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/shoulders.

Stretching/foam rolling to warm up.
Neutral grip pull ups, 4x6

D1. Straight arm pull-down 10/10 Drop Set
2 plates x 10,10,10
1 plate x 10,10,10

D2. DB Pull Over, 10# x 10 reps

D3. Wide Grip Pull-down
8 plates x 8
9 plates x 10,8

Performed 3 sets. Opted to start with this giant set since I didn't get to it last workout. Then I also decided to switch the order of my exercises around this morning to make sure this was more focused on targeting my back fully today.

B1. Bent DB Neutral Grip Rows
35# x10,10
25# x10 - forgot to change this back to 35s

B2. DB Underhand Grip Row
25# x 10,10,10

B3. Seated DB Rear Delt
5# x 12,12,12

Performed 3 sets of this giant set again, this weight scheme worked better for me this week and was able to hit full reps just at peak exhaustion.

Moved to the shoulder portion of the WO:

A1. Seated DB Shoulder Press
40# x 10,10,10*
A2. DB Lateral Raise,
20# x 10,10,8

Performed 3 sets. Probably could've increased weight slightly here, as I ended up going beyond prescribed 8 reps for shoulder presses (*last few reps were a grind), but missed the 12 reps on laterals.

C1. DB Upright Row (try to keep away from body)
15# x 10,10
C2. Bent Over Lateral Raise
15# x 10,10

Perfect finishers! Was spent after 2 sets.

A little upper back foam rolling to release some knots on my left side.

59:30, 223 cals.

Woke up early and got in a good workout session. Mood started out a little sour, but putting in the work got me pumped both mentally and literally! One additional note, sleep quality has seemingly been good the past two days. Just fully knocked out.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g CissusXT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration.

Tentative plan for the next few days if I can stick to it with work/family commitments will be:

Wed: PM cardio, hotel gym
Thurs: AM weights, likely full body hotel WO
Fri: AM cardio
Sat: Off
Sun: Back to WO routine

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I have been trying to use my gear more often even if not going that heavy. At this point I need to take precautions just to increase longevity if I intend to continue to train hard which I do. I still find it challenging to use them in earlier sets. I have to remind myself they actually help warm up the joint and not that I need it for any type of assistance with a heavier lift. Just a different mentality and form of use now.
Yep, I'm not trying to impress anyone - particularly since I workout at home alone!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got in a nice little cardio session plus some ab work in between work and dinner last evening:

32 mins on the bike, followed by medicine ball crunches, Russian medicine ball twists, and some weighted standing crunches.

Sweat good, but mostly because they kept the gym at 77° F??

Full Body Hotel Gym Session:

Rotator Cuff DB Ex:
5x10/10, 10/10
Incline DB Press:
25x10
50x10,10,10
Single Arm DB Rows:
50x10,10,10 per side
Standing Cable Curls:
12.5x12,12,12
Triceps Reverse Grip Pressdowns:
9x10,10,10 per side
Kettlebell Squats:
20x10
25x10
30x10
Reluctantly did a few reps here to hit legs to count today as full body. Don't laugh at my poverty and weights/reps!

Stretching/foam rolling.
40:37, 222 cals.

Pre: 1 packet of Raze On the Go
Intra: 1/2 bottle of Gatorade

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy Father's Day fellas! Had a nice breakfast ordered in this morning. Spent time with the FIL. Got in some cardio (32:15, 166 cals) and now off to the pool!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lower Body

Foam rolling to start off.

Warm up :

Performed 3 sets:
A1. DB Regular Poliquin Style Split Squat 6 reps per Leg x 15#
15# x 10 per leg
Prescribed number of reps is 12 per set, but as I had gone up in weight the first and last exercises thought this was reasonable.

Performed only 2 sets today, goal is 3-4 but had pretty low energy today:

B1. BB RDL 10 reps - 95#
Resistance band pull aparts, x10
95# x 10

Brutal! The sweat is insane during this WO.

Final exercise:
BB Good Mornings. 2x10, Rogue power Bar only.
Copped out at 2 sets here also, just didn't have it today.

39:18, 231 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn Shredder

Need to buy some more staples. Didn't see any really good deals over Father's day. Need things like D, fish oils, multi, digestive enzymes, etc. Want to purchase all in one place. Send me deals/codes!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lower Body

Foam rolling to start off.

Warm up :

Performed 3 sets:
A1. DB Regular Poliquin Style Split Squat 6 reps per Leg x 15#
15# x 10 per leg
Prescribed number of reps is 12 per set, but as I had gone up in weight the first and last exercises thought this was reasonable.

Performed only 2 sets today, goal is 3-4 but had pretty low energy today:

B1. BB RDL 10 reps - 95#
Resistance band pull aparts, x10
95# x 10

Brutal! The sweat is insane during this WO.

Final exercise:
BB Good Mornings. 2x10, Rogue power Bar only.
Copped out at 2 sets here also, just didn't have it today.

39:18, 231 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn Shredder

Need to buy some more staples. Didn't see any really good deals over Father's day. Need things like D, fish oils, multi, digestive enzymes, etc. Want to purchase all in one place. Send me deals/codes!
Swanson Vitamins normally has some good deals and their products are legit. They have all kinds of stuff there too.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you are hitting the sweet spot with knocking out some quality sessions with your time restraints!

I've gotten to the point that I don't even shop anymore, I just text @sns8778 tell him what I need and he gives me a grocery list lol. Texted him the other day for joint support and now I have Joint XT in the mail coming my way with some sabroxy and AE.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you are hitting the sweet spot with knocking out some quality sessions with your time restraints!

I've gotten to the point that I don't even shop anymore, I just text @sns8778 tell him what I need and he gives me a grocery list lol. Texted him the other day for joint support and now I have Joint XT in the mail coming my way with some sabroxy and AE.
Right, SNS is my main go to now for many supplements. I use Swanson for most of my one offs.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Decided to just go with my trusty source of DPS. They carry pretty much everything, always have SNS deals, and I've never had a bad experience with their CS.

Got in a short round of cardio this morning. Nutrition and WOs are all up in the air at the moment, as my son was admitted to the hospital for an infection. So it's a bit chaotic at the moment in our household.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Decided to just go with my trusty source of DPS. They carry pretty much everything, always have SNS deals, and I've never had a bad experience with their CS.

Got in a short round of cardio this morning. Nutrition and WOs are all up in the air at the moment, as my son was admitted to the hospital for an infection. So it's a bit chaotic at the moment in our household.

I'm sorry to hear that about your son. I hope that everything will be alright. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope the boy recovers quickly!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sorry to hear that about your son. I hope that everything will be alright. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Hope the boy recovers quickly!
Thanks to you both. We were able to come home Thursday and things are on the up and up!

Haven't really been working out since this ordeal, but did finally get in a session yesterday afternoon. Decided to go with my own thing and did chest & tris. Looked something like this:

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

Machine Chest Press:
4 plates, warm up
6 plates
8 plates
9 plates

Bench Press:
95#, warm up
135#
145#
155#

BB Floor Presses, 95# - 3x8

Dips, 3 sets to failure

Triceps Pressdowns, resistance bands
20#
30#
30#

47 mins, 225 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Vice XXX
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g Cissus XT, 1 scoop Kaged Hydration

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks to you both. We were able to come home Thursday and things are on the up and up!

Haven't really been working out since this ordeal, but did finally get in a session yesterday afternoon. Decided to go with my own thing and did chest & tris. Looked something like this:

Machine Chest Press:
4 plates, warm up
6 plates
8 plates
9 plates

Bench Press:
95#, warm up
135#
145#
155#

BB Floor Presses, 95# - 3x8

Dips, 3 sets to failure

Triceps Pressdowns, resistance bands
20#
30#
30#

47 mins, 225 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Vice XXX
Glad to her your son is back home and on the up and up!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good on you for getting back into a routine. When my son was in the hospital last year it kind of up ended my whole world. I mean you just want to spend some extra time together, and resting from all the stress.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to her your son is back home and on the up and up!
Yeah, was definitely a strange week... good to see him happy again. Hard when there's not much you can do as a parent.
Good on you for getting back into a routine. When my son was in the hospital last year it kind of up ended my whole world. I mean you just want to spend some extra time together, and resting from all the stress.
It's strange, I almost feel guilty doing it. But I also know it's one of the few positive things I can do for myself, mentally and physically. The gym is the one constant. But, I've also been doing my workouts in the afternoons over his nap time. I just haven't had it in me to wake up early.

That said... another week begins. I'll be parenting solo for the first half of the week, so got myself up early to make sure I could get in a back workout. Did my own thing again today.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Neutral Grip Pull-ups x8,6,7
BB Rows, 95x10,10,10
Lat Pulldowns:
6 plates x 10
7 plates x 10
8 plates x 10
Deadlifts:
135x8
185x5,5,5

45:50, 148 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 2g Cissus XT, 1 scoop of Kaged Hydration

A few other notes:
Finished up my Recomp20, TTA-500 and Mitoburn XT. Switching to 2 caps of Paradoxine per day to try to keep my fat gain minimal even though I've not been eating clean. Weight is up, 166.4# last check in. Been eating what's around and having a few too many drinks lately.

Not really working with my coach these days, it sort of just fell off between summer schedules and everything else going on at home. We'll need to see how things look for end of year when I'm more consistent again, but I realized I need to also get back to lifting some heavier weights again. I had some ambitious goals, some of which I was close to hitting at least on deadlift, and I haven't been doing that motion at all. So back into the rotation it goes!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I understand that guilt. What it comes back to is: your mental health is important to being the best father & husband you can be. So even when you don’t want to train, it’s best to find some time to do something - for everyone!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Facts! I am a better human when I am training. The stress relief is real.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With all the thunderstorms here, didn't get much sleep. But hopped on the bike for 30:09, 213 cals. 1 cup of death wish coffee and 1/2 shot of FUBAR to get me going this morning!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whew! That Death Wish Coffee ain't no joke. Then to do a half of an energy shot you must have been tired. How ya feeling now?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great, he drank the other half of the FUBAR
What a strange name for a supplement eh?!?! Sounds more like the name of a new street drug.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whew! That Death Wish Coffee ain't no joke. Then to do a half of an energy shot you must have been tired. How ya feeling now?
I lived to tell the tale!
Great, he drank the other half of the FUBAR
Haha, no, instead I had a Bang later in the afternoon. It's just been a couple of days like that, especially when I'm burning the candle at both ends and flying solo with the kiddos.

But, we manage through. #dadlife

On the plus side, will be taking a long July 4th holiday, have a no kids trip coming up that month as well, and some camping/lake time soon as well. So a lot of relaxation and good times ahead!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lived to tell the tale! Haha, no, instead I had a Bang later in the afternoon. It's just been a couple of days like that, especially when I'm burning the candle at both ends and flying solo with the kiddos.

But, we manage through. #dadlife

On the plus side, will be taking a long July 4th holiday, have a no kids trip coming up that month as well, and some camping/lake time soon as well. So a lot of relaxation and good times ahead!
Sounds like good times!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hit snooze on the alarm a few times this AM, but forced myself out of bed. Decided to do an arm WO. Haven't done a dedicated session in a while.

Foam rolling (for back).

EZ bar curls:
+20x10, warm up
+40x8
+50x8
+55x8
Close Grip BP w/elbow sleeves:
135x8,8,8
Machine Preacher Curls:
3 plates x 10,10,
Bench Dips:
+0x10
+25x10,10
Opted to do this vs the power tower dips this AM just to switch it up.

Extra foam rolling. Short and sweet this AM. Just going by feel with workouts lately.

37:06, 125 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
living the good life, nothing beats an afternoon bang
wasn't that type of bang! Get your mind out of the gutter!

Have been having trouble waking up, but I did get in 30 mins of cardio this morning, 210 cals on the bike.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another rough night/morning. Was going to try and workout at 6 AM this morning and my son immediately woke up. So this got pushed back. Went for short and to the point leg session:

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
BB squats with banded pull aparts in between each set:
135x8
185x6,6,6
These felt heavy today. Strength levels right now (along with energy levels) are pretty low right now.
Leg Ext, 3 plates x 8,10,10
RDLs 95x8,8,8

Foam rolling to finish.

35:24, 176 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Ghost Burn

Looking forward to a physical/mental reset with the upcoming holiday!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great holiday weekend! Plenty of down time, just chilling with family, lots of swimming time for the kids. Did get one other cardio session before going away for the holiday too. Back in the gym nice and early this AM for chest/tris:

Bench Press:
95 x 10, warm up
135 x 6
155 x 3
135 x 8

DB incline press:
50x10
60x6
55x6

Machine Flys
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
5 plates x 7

Dips x 12,10,8

DB Floor Presses, 45# - 3x8

51:12, 217 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th edition

This break came right as I needed it. Was feeling mentally in a bad place, but I was reminded just how good life is!

Definitely fluffy these days. Finished up 3-AD, will be running with Icon One/Alpha Four for about 1.5 weeks more and then I'll call this run done and start dialing it back again. Lower back on left side was seemingly aggravated right before the holiday when I mowed the lawn, so will keep an eye on it. Same area as always.

Picked up a few good sales this weekend too. Have some Apex Alchemy on its way, Ryse Godzilla and Moon Pie flavored protein, and a ton of SNS/CEL/XPG alpha gel coming! The feedback I've seen so far on this stuff seems phenomenal so should fit nicely into my rotation next.

Last edited: