Onion juice triples testosterone levels

candleboxx

Awards
I am grinding half a yellow onion into my daily shakes, thats like 4.5 oz , way more than I need but I'm not some ***** iranian rat - my advice is to grind the onion first and let it sit , lets the gas that burns your mouth/eyes/ahole escape , also my wife is really really really pissed

Its ok to cry sometimes guys. Helps to stimulate the tear ducts and keep them from closing off.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
In 3 months you can expect:

Iranian scientists discover that dog feces increase the production of HGH by an astounding 450%

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I wanna get to the bottom of something. Will eating onions really make me smell like one? If I brush my teeth, will it come through my poores?

Thinker

Awards
what does onion juice taste like lol? I would think it would burn.
What kind of dosing protocol would one run? 1 cup, 2 cups?
It is pretty harsh... and when you burp tears well up in your eyes. It is nasty stuff... and you cant hide it in other juices it is very over powering.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
does it really work? why so many studies show it actually won't increase testosterone? (but studies sayl libido will be increased in mice lol)
Not just in mice. Even the studies that say it doesn't increase test in humans say that it still increases libido...they just don't know how. The libido increase has to be coming from something though. Test isn't the only thing responsible for libido...or muscle growth for that matter.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
If you suffer from acid reflux, don't eat onion or garlic before bed. You'll be up all night with heartburn.
I used to love onion powder on my chicken, now I can't use it anymore.:(

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
Not just in mice. Even the studies that say it doesn't increase test in humans say that it still increases libido...they just don't know how. The libido increase has to be coming from something though. Test isn't the only thing responsible for libido...or muscle growth for that matter.
yes, i agree with you
(reminder: we are talking about tribulus, not onion)
For me, tribulus makes my face slightly more oily, but that doesn't mean i got higher testo.

you guys don't take tribulus for libido, do you? but all these products claim to boost testo... do you really gain strength and lean body mass through tribulus?

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
yes, i agree with you
(reminder: we are talking about tribulus, not onion)
For me, tribulus makes my face slightly more oily, but that doesn't mean i got higher testo.

you guys don't take tribulus for libido, do you? but all these products claim to boost testo... do you really gain strength and lean body mass through tribulus?

Maybe the one i bought was low quality because i seen absolutely no effects from it...
But some people claim it has helped them even in PCT :O

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
My only question is...does it have to be the juice??

I mean, it's tasty to saute an entire onion and eat it...but cmon who drinks onion juice nowadays?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
My only question is...does it have to be the juice??

I mean, it's tasty to saute an entire onion and eat it...but cmon who drinks onion juice nowadays?
Who knows? The idea of drinking it is to replicate the study. We have no evidence, either way, that eating whole onions will do anything because there's no study about that. I mean, most people haven't even tried to drink the juice but are mewling and mawing. Just try it. What's the worse that can happen? If it sucks, you can either A) man up and keep it going or B) discontinue use and continue to spend $$$ on supplements. Not that huge a dilemma, is it?

Danjel

Awards
I'd also like to see more sources to back it up.

It does sound horrible, and eating onions won't help unless you eat quite many.

Guess it'll take a couple of onions to get the desired amount.

I was thinking, how bout extract, lets say 100 ml of the juice from XX amount of onions and then add it to a cooked meal (Meatsauce) or other kind sauce or something...?

I have a juice extracter (collecting dust), might give it a go.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
why doesnt someone just juice a buttload of onions and store it in a milk jug?
Then you dont have to juice it every day.

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
to answer Jherman: Korean people do put onion juice in drink bag like they sell gingseng drink. but people say you will lose anti-oxidant ingredients after 48 hours or so, maybe making some fresh juice every 2 days would be good idea. Also cooked onion won't have that strong anti-oxidant activity, you might need to eat more if it's cooked.

I made some juice this morning with one big onion and 5 small shallots....
I don't have a mixer at home, so i tried to do it with mortar and pestle
not very easy to do, onion pieces flied everywhere.
anyway in the end i put in 30ml water and then sqeeze all the liquid out, got about 40 ml.
next time I will use grater i think.

anyway, i put juice in the frig and it tatse not that spicy after a while. The spice and tear gas gone; it's sweet actually (but still smell like onion). I think if you mix it with vegetable juice or protein shake it won't be that bad. it's a good idea to use juice because you can get like the essence of one whole onion in a mouth.
i took two spoon after meal because more than this or drink it without other food will hurt my stomach. another reason to take 2 spoon is the receipe of Indian aphrodiec is 2 spoon of onion juice plus some butter and honey.

I think I can finish the rest tonight and tomorrow morning and make some more.
Again, it tastes not that bad, and if you like doing kitchen work it's fun. ofcourse if you have mixer it's better, then squeeze and filter with clean cloth. Enjoy your concentrated energy aphrodiec drink!

yoss

Awards
Has anyone used a juicer to determine how much you get out of an onion? I've been blending half a medium sized yellow onion into my shakes for the last 4 days. The whole onion is basically the juice plus beneficial fiber in my mind. It really doesn't taste that bad after its sat for a couple of hours.

The only thing I can say so far is it is definitely a diuretic and it makes you smell like onions , your piss, everything. My wife said I smelled like a meatloaf when I finished my run this morning.

I know alot of you guys are probably laughing at me for trying this, but I looked up onions and found 3 other potential benefits that pushed me over into trying it. 1. Appetite stim , helps when you are a hard gainer - 2. Lowers blood sugar - the mechanism is unknown but if its insulin related its probably anabolic right? 3. High concentration of antioxidants

narraboth

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone used a juicer to determine how much you get out of an onion? I've been blending half a medium sized yellow onion into my shakes for the last 4 days. The whole onion is basically the juice plus beneficial fiber in my mind. It really doesn't taste that bad after its sat for a couple of hours.

The only thing I can say so far is it is definitely a diuretic and it makes you smell like onions , your piss, everything. My wife said I smelled like a meatloaf when I finished my run this morning.

I know alot of you guys are probably laughing at me for trying this, but I looked up onions and found 3 other potential benefits that pushed me over into trying it. 1. Appetite stim , helps when you are a hard gainer - 2. Lowers blood sugar - the mechanism is unknown but if its insulin related its probably anabolic right? 3. High concentration of antioxidants
please give us some feedback if you find any change on strength gain and libido etc :)

AzCat

Awards
Has anyone used a juicer to determine how much you get out of an onion?
In the neighborhood of 200 ml/lb with my ultra-cheap Black & Decker juicer.

Anyone care to recommend a cheap & reliable at-home / mail-in testosterone test kit? I juiced one this morning to see if I could tolerate the 4 ml/kg dose and while I can I didn't particularly enjoy it. It's worth a few bucks to me to find out with some certainty if it works.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i just got here for this thread, 6 pages now, has anyone made a transdermal yet?

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
has anyone made a transdermal yet?
HAHA, yeah, why wait to sweat the smell out of your pores? Just apply it directly to the skin.

Apparently there's a way to deodorize onions.
Damnit still can't post links. Just put www in front
freepatentsonline.com/EP1088484.html

You guys seriously need to take that off or change it. Change it to 50 posts, OR have been a member for more than 2 months.

Janimba

Awards
ohh the things us men will do when we see some study saying such and such increases test lvl's.. anywhos has anyone tried drinking this before going to bed? im just saying if u dont want to smell like onions through the day why not just down it before goin to bed? i belive i might just try once i get a juicer. and also would drinking the onion juice with carnitine powder make it more effective?

yoss

Awards
Just a little update , after a week of grinding approx 4oz of onion into my daily weight gainer I had to take a few days off - This is an extreme diuretic , piss every hour, every ounce in your body kind of diuretic. Strangely my cardio was not affected, in fact after a few days I observed a drop in my HR around 10bpm on average during my runs, pretty significant.

I didn't notice an increase in strength , possible bump to libido though and my recovery seemed to be affected , i.e sore for much longer than usual. Muscles felt harder, but I attribute this to the constant state of dehydration I was in. Definitely upped my appetite, woke up growling for food normally my appetite is really slow in the am. Also seemed to suffer some mental confusion and slowdown , probably due to dehydration also.

Sides are nasty, it ruins the taste of a gainer, gives you onion breath that gum doesn't cure , piss smells like farts(really) and my wife wouldn't touch me when I was sweaty because she was worried the smell would rub off.

That all said I'm going to try it again for another week and see if the sides remain or go away, why you ask? The cardio , 10 beats basically overnight is a huge difference , and despite being dried out I didn't *feel* dried out, I want to try it a little longer... plus... I have a 5k coming up

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
http://www.ergo-log.com/onionjuice.html

here's another link i found relating to it.

Interesting eh. I think i'll have to look into it. 1 cup of onion juice might make me feel like crap, but perhaps consuming 1 - 2 onions should be easy provided that i take them throughout the day rather than 1 sitting.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
like some one said I find if I let my onion juice sit a while it is better. will have to try this again

I got turned off after doing this the other day I about threw up and have not done it since it gagged me so bad I felt my food just about come up it was pretty bad

SWOLL

Awards
this is actually very interesting, obviously its worth a shot, id say the best bet would be to mix the juice with other overbearing very sweet flavors.

wish it was something else though, i absolutely hate onions and im not even a picky eater whatsoever.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just tried it again. Andrew gave me a tip to sip it slowly or if you drink it too fast youll throw it up like I just about did last time.

Mixed it with celery and sipped it right before my meal and after my meal

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
might blend into a pseudo-bloody mary or mexican/picante/salsa type thang? like tomato juice, peppers, lemon/lime, maybe fresh herb like cilantro. might make it somewhat more palatable.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might blend into a pseudo-bloody mary or mexican/picante/salsa type thang? like tomato juice, peppers, lemon/lime, maybe fresh herb like cilantro. might make it somewhat more palatable.
That's kind of what I was thinking, something that wouldn't make it taste out of place.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I just tried it again. Andrew gave me a tip to sip it slowly or if you drink it too fast youll throw it up like I just about did last time.

Mixed it with celery and sipped it right before my meal and after my meal
How does your stomach feel after drinking this? I mean I know you wanted to throw up, but that was reflex. Does your stomach feel tore up later on?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does your stomach feel after drinking this? I mean I know you wanted to throw up, but that was reflex. Does your stomach feel tore up later on?
no I do smell like onions the rest of the day

liontop

Awards
I've been this for around 20 days like the rats in the study, since whenever I saw it on ergo-log.

Does it work ? Hmm. Not sure/ Question I would ask is how significant 300% increase in Test is ? Is it actually significant in the real world ?

Generally I think recovery may be a bit better overall. Some sense of something being different, no real explosive sexual effects. I did notice spots on my abdomen with this.

It's also not clear what the onions are actually doing. It is suggested on ergo-log that certain anti-oxidants may have positive effects on sperm and T. But no one really knows that's what's happening in the rats. It could be some other mechanism, even some aggravating effect of the onions that's causing some boost effect.

It is pretty horrible drinking the juice raw. Certainly good to have some kind of sweet drink as a chaser with it. It is pretty horrendous to drink. Some days I mixed it with some soup which helps.

If anyone has any other questions about this I'd be happy to answer them.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
I've been this for around 20 days like the rats in the study, since whenever I saw it on ergo-log.

Does it work ? Hmm. Not sure/ Question I would ask is how significant 300% increase in Test is ? Is it actually significant in the real world ?

Generally I think recovery may be a bit better overall. Some sense of something being different, no real explosive sexual effects. I did notice spots on my abdomen with this.

It's also not clear what the onions are actually doing. It is suggested on ergo-log that certain anti-oxidants may have positive effects on sperm and T. But no one really knows that's what's happening in the rats. It could be some other mechanism, even some aggravating effect of the onions that's causing some boost effect.

It is pretty horrible drinking the juice raw. Certainly good to have some kind of sweet drink as a chaser with it. It is pretty horrendous to drink. Some days I mixed it with some soup which helps.

If anyone has any other questions about this I'd be happy to answer them.
You have done it for 3 weeks? Are you any bigger? 300% test increase is huge where by now you would notice increases.

liontop

Awards
You have done it for 3 weeks? Are you any bigger? 300% test increase is huge where by now you would notice increases.
Well Not really. But later on, somedays I thought I did notice something a bit more, when I started to change where I was buying the onions from. The kind of onion is probably reasonably significant. What I find with food as a 'drug' or supplements as a 'drug' is that they can seem to work to some extent but rather intermittently and not reliably, and I think some of the science would say that too. It's not always the case that nothing works, it just doesn't work well enough to be clinically useful.

Having said that I was roughly on the lower rat dose, not the higher one.

But then 300% would presumably still be pulsatile in nature. Not like injecting Test, it's going to have a different effect.

I would call this inconclusive, but the problem as I see it is keeping a high dose up. It's just not practical eating somewhere between 2,3, or 4 large pungent variety raw onions everyday.

Ergo-log (which although I like a lot is also full of its own extrapolations if I can put it like that), did speculate about some of the compounds in the onion which could be responsible.

So some pills as a heavily concentrated extract may be a better bet than trying to eat that much onion juice (or pulped whole onion which I was sometimes doing) which is truly horrific to drink.

Happy Easter guys.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Good idea onion juice pills lol

gelstyles

And as far as smelling like onions, just use mouthwash and then cologne...simple. Not to mention a toungue scraper. And if youre gonna do it stay in isolation and dont go out macking.

1newbie

Awards
Anyone try Maui Onions? Might be hard to find unless you go to a specialty grocery store, but they are sweet and you can eat them like an apple.