Onion juice triples testosterone levels

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try Maui Onions? Might be hard to find unless you go to a specialty grocery store, but they are sweet and you can eat them like an apple.
sounds too easy, if it tastes good it cant work as well :p

i cooked my steak today with onions mmm

Lasso

Awards
I have been taking onion juice daily to see the effect it has. i get it by blending an onion then straining out the juice. One onion yields about 4 oz which is a bit more than I need to test the high end range of the study. Being 1g/kg that is one/one-thousandth body weight and I weigh 190 lbs so I take over 3.5 oz.

The juice is awful. I shoot it in a double shot glass 1.5 times. Then I wash the mash through with water and drink that to get any extra. If I take it on an empty stomach I become very nauseous. Also the taste alone is puke worthy so I instantly chase both shots with lots of water. Admittedly I am still slightly nauseous.

As for the efficacy, I believe it is working somewhat as I have experienced increases in strength in my legs and arms over 2 weeks: 50 lbs increase on leg press, 5 lbs increase on curls, 10 lbs increase on chest flys, etc. Considering I am a naturally thin person, and dont really eat enough to merit gaining much muscle mass this was a huge difference in a very short time span.

I dont have any real data to back it up otherwise but I would be very interested if anybody else gave it a try.

Also the antioxidants and compounds in onion juice are fragile so that heating destroys them, so cooking is out of the question.

Lastly yellow onions and shallots have the highest concentration of the compounds while sweet onions, like vidalia, have almost none.

mymilkexpired

Awards
You need to grill your onions before you juice them to bring out that natural sweetness.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im throwing up just thinking about drinking onion juice
300% imo not worth the drink of onion juice atleast not for me
ill stick with test e and gear

Acetylator

Acetylator

Awards
Will some one get PA in here to make something in a pill please! :poke:

lol. Perhaps we should also log the strength of your relationships through the cycle both in terms of number of friends and number of "casual encounters" now that you're a walking onion.

I thinking of stacking onion juice with egg yolk (for the AA) with pure garlic and chili powder as my PCT, advice?

:veryhappy:

but seriously, what are the great minds thinking of this?...

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Wow, interesting, looks like I will be using onion more often in my juicer for broths

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Raw onion contains various peptides, one of which (gamma-glutamyl S-beta-carboxy beta-methyl ethyl-cysteinyl glycine) is related to glutathione, which is necessary for cellular metabolism, growth and sexual activity as pituitary growth and gonadotrophic activity depend to a great extent on the presence of proteins and amino acids."

BENFOTIAMINE (S-benzoylthiamine-o-monophosphate) is a lipid form of thiamine, Vit B1. A natural substance found in trace amounts in roasted garlic, onions, chives, etc.

what is the active in onion thats produce the test increment?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Raw onion contains various peptides, one of which (gamma-glutamyl S-beta-carboxy beta-methyl ethyl-cysteinyl glycine) is related to glutathione, which is necessary for cellular metabolism, growth and sexual activity as pituitary growth and gonadotrophic activity depend to a great extent on the presence of proteins and amino acids."

BENFOTIAMINE (S-benzoylthiamine-o-monophosphate) is a lipid form of thiamine, Vit B1. A natural substance found in trace amounts in roasted garlic, onions, chives, etc.

what is the active in onion thats produce the test increment?
I don't know that this thread served any legitimate purpose other then being epic in nature.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried the onion juice for a while after reading that ergo-log study.

I just smelled like i was munching in the dumpster all day.

vegetagd

Awards
Here's a thought...

Juice enough onions at once for 30 days. Pour the juice in 3oz paper cups you can get at Costco & freeze them right away. When ready to consume, drop your onion ice cube into some apple juice and crush it.

What's the issue here?

Also, did the study the rats having bad breath or body odor? No! So it can't be true.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i remember "AbigBlackGuy" was doing an onion juice log but never seen it through...it killed em.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Raw garlic has the same effect and was used as an anabolic substitute for some former olympic teams. It really makes an odor though, people will stay long distances away when having a conversation. lol

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
i remember "AbigBlackGuy" was doing an onion juice log but never seen it through...it killed em.
This is funny, but I do remember a log where somebody was stacking like three or four different oral steroids. It was going great, and then he just stopped posting. I seriously wonder if that guy is dead.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
A few months back there was a story on NPR about the retirement of the oldest US Postal worker. Dude was over 90 and he attributed his old age and health to...you guessed it...an onion sandwich everyday.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Also, a common cold remedy in most eastern European countries is a glassful of hot garlic/onion/milk/honey...its nasty but it works.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I read about a guy, that, then used raw garlic and onions frequently for decades, for his health: he died from excessive Selenium.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I once read an 8 page thread about Onions tripling testosterone and the thread going nowhere, yet it will not stop.... ponder that one.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, how many guys here have used vegetables as an anabolic supplement?

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
A few months back there was a story on NPR about the retirement of the oldest US Postal worker. Dude was over 90 and he attributed his old age and health to...you guessed it...an onion sandwich everyday.
It seems most people who get interviewed for living that long attribute it to a bottle of whiskey and a pack of smoked per day.

I would put money on genetics...purely.

We can do a hell of a lot to ruin our bodies, but being the son of a dead alcoholic and chain smoker (2 packs a day of smokes, 12 pack a day of coors at least) I, and the people who received his lungs and liver and heart who are still alive more than 10 years later, can attest to the fact that sometimes it just doesn't matter. Your going to die when it's your time, regardless of what you have done (except suicide) so I say live it up!

and BTW onions are gross.

Onions

Awards
Hi.
I read the full paper and it appears there is a typo in the results page.
In the rest of the paper it refers to the dossage as 0.5g and 1g per RAT not per kg.
It says the average rat weighed 250g so the correct dossage would be 4g per kg.
So for an 80kg person they would require 320g of onion juice a day.
Which is alot.

At least this explains why those who did try an onion a day do not resemble Jay Cutler at the end of 20 days.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Hi.
I read the full paper and it appears there is a typo in the results page.
In the rest of the paper it refers to the dossage as 0.5g and 1g per RAT not per kg.
It says the average rat weighed 250g so the correct dossage would be 4g per kg.
So for an 80kg person they would require 320g of onion juice a day.
Which is alot.

At least this explains why those who did try an onion a day do not resemble Jay Cutler at the end of 20 days.
strong username. :wink1:

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOLOL

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
All it brings to mind in the "Onion Smoothie" episode of the Jason Ellis Show.

So, it's kind of a no go for me.

lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This still never amounted to anything? Has PES seen these studies yet?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This still never amounted to anything? Has PES seen these studies yet?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This still never amounted to anything? Has PES seen these studies yet????

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This still never amounted to anything? Has PES seen these studies yet????

This study just came out too.

Fresh onion juice enhanced copulatory behavior in male rats with and without paroxetine-induced sexual dysfunction.

AuthorsAllouh MZ, et al. Show all Journal
Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2014 Feb 1;239(2):177-82. doi: 10.1177/1535370213508360. Epub 2013 Dec 3.

Affiliation
Abstract
Onion (Allium cepa) is one of the most commonly cultivated species of the family Liliaceae, and has long been used in dietary and therapeutic applications. Treatment with fresh onion juice has been reported to promote testosterone production in male rats. Testosterone is the male sex hormone responsible for enhancing sexual libido and potency. This study aimed to investigate the effects of onion juice on copulatory behavior of sexually potent male rats and in male rats with paroxetine-induced sexual dysfunction. Sexually experienced male rats were divided into seven groups: a control group, three onion juice-treated groups, a paroxetine-treated group, and two groups treated with paroxetine plus different doses of onion juice. At the end of the treatments, sexual behavior parameters and testosterone levels were measured and compared among the groups. Administration of onion juice significantly reduced mount frequency and latency and increased the copulatory efficacy of potent male rats. In addition, administration of onion juice attenuated the prolonged ejaculatory latency period induced by paroxetine and increased the percentage of ejaculating rats. Serum testosterone levels increased significantly by onion juice administration. However, a significant reduction in testosterone because of paroxetine therapy was observed. This reduction was restored to normal levels by administration of onion juice. This study conclusively demonstrates that fresh onion juice improves copulatory behavior in sexually potent male rats and in those with paroxetine-induced sexual dysfunction by increasing serum testosterone levels.

PMID 24302558 [PubMed - in process]

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
The great Emeril Lagasse once said "Life would be so boring without onions" and he's right. I cook tons of foods with onions and Garlic and its great

You guys should try my bodybuilding jambalya

Celso

Awards
Actually, it would be 60grams of onion juice for a 90kg person ...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not the oldest bump I've seen, but still not bad.

Celso

Awards
Lol..
Correction: you would have to eat ONLY 65 grams of raw UNWASHED onion, to give you 56grams of onion juice , Wich is the dose used in the studies (4g/kg bw. rats converted to daily human dose is about 56grams, but it's nos 56grams per lik of.bodyweight, it's 56 grams TOTAL.. daily). If you guys stop and think about that's TOTALLY EASY. I've seen lots of guys drink absurd quantities og onion juice to get the effect.. I saw a.guy in a forum that was drinking HALF A KILO of onion juice.. a week later he was going through accurate situations everywhere because of his breath breath and body odor. Not to me too thais if you overdose on something that has such a strong hormonal impact like onions, I'm sure there are negative rebound related to overdosing.i saw a guy in a forum that ate onion and after sometime eating them his d**** was so hard that it hurts him. That's all fine and dandy, but he said that after some more time using them( he didn't say how much time) his erections got weaker. Why do you guys think that practically nobody sticks with this onion experiment.. because they think they have to eat like 3 onion a day to work when that's not true.. if you have a kitchen scale and measure 65 grams of onion you would be surprised of how little it is.. I've been eating for a week and I think it's found something.. my erections are better lately, but it's too soon to notice something more dramatic. So guys , I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING 65 GRAMS OF ONION A DAY, RAW AND ***UNWASHED***
And certainly the smell wouldn't be such a issue with that dose...

Celso

Awards
Lol..
Correction: you would have to eat ONLY 65 grams of raw UNWASHED onion, to give you 56grams of onion juice , Wich is the dose used in the studies (4g/kg bw. rats converted to daily human dose is about 56grams, but it's nos 56grams per lik of.bodyweight, it's 56 grams TOTAL.. daily). If you guys stop and think about that's TOTALLY EASY. I've seen lots of guys drink absurd quantities og onion juice to get the effect.. I saw a.guy in a forum that was drinking HALF A KILO of onion juice.. a week later he was going through accurate situations everywhere because of his breath breath and body odor. Not to me too thais if you overdose on something that has such a strong hormonal impact like onions, I'm sure there are negative rebound related to overdosing.i saw a guy in a forum that ate onion and after sometime eating them his d**** was so hard that it hurts him. That's all fine and dandy, but he said that after some more time using them( he didn't say how much time) his erections got weaker. Why do you guys think that practically nobody sticks with this onion experiment.. because they think they have to eat like 3 onion a day to work when that's not true.. if you have a kitchen scale and measure 65 grams of onion you would be surprised of how little it is.. I've been eating for a week and I think it's found something.. my erections are better lately, but it's too soon to notice something more dramatic. So guys , I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING 65 GRAMS OF ONION A DAY, RAW AND ***UNWASHED***
And certainly the smell wouldn't be such a issue with that dose...

Celso

Awards
I meant 59 grams of onion juice sorry.. 65 grams of raw onion equals 59 grams of onion juice

Celso

Awards
I meant 59 grams of onion juice sorry.. 59 grams of onion juice is the equivalent daily dose of onion juice for a 90kg person... 65 grams of raw onion will give you that but you dont have to drink it. That's insane, to say the least lol