Mattrag's Pre-DOWN!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay guys so now a preworkout show down. I got quite a lot of samples from Nutra and will be reviewing these pre's

White Flood (Well I will just post my over all 1 tub review here)

Maniac

Body Octane Game Day

1MR

Hemavol

Maximize

Craze

So I have 2 sample packs of Maniac, about 3 of Game day, 3 of 1MR. I will use up the samples to get a good overall feel for them.

The last three I have full tubs of so I will do a little more detail on those.

Some details about my pre workout history:

I started taking Pre workouts back in 2006 or so starting with SuperPump. Pretty much have used them since then. I have taken:
White flood, Lit up, SuperPump, nanovapor, Jack3d, Maniac, Gameday, NOExplode, and probably more just forgot.. I like the focus that 1,3 gives but I really feel wired for a long time after. It really suppresses my appetite like nothing else and I love it lol. Jack3d was good but I didn't get the "Drink" aspect of it. I pretty much am always dieting so a pre that has some flavor is really good. Lit up was good but it got REALLY over powering after the first tub, SuperPump was my fav in the beginning...but that was in the beginning, now I like White Flood, cheap effective and doesn't have 1,3 so I can sleep even if I take it after 2pm! NOExplode was pretty weak...

LETS GO!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd take the Hemavol and WF together for some awesome pumps;):)
Yea I played with the idea if WF plus some agmatine before. Just will have to wait till I get some of both in at the same time. Wanna try it with JUST some agmatine as hemavol is more than a agmatine product. ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let's see what u got to say about these energy providers

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for Matt's OD and calling dibs on his supps and his room in Hawaii! :sly:

lol

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matt I wish you would have tried APS Mesomorph when they first reformulated with creatine nitrate! Good stuff.
Also, what do you mean when you say the Lit Up became overpowering?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
duck_hunt_dog_laughing.gif

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt I wish you would have tried APS Mesomorph when they first reformulated with creatine nitrate! Good stuff.
Also, what do you mean when you say the Lit Up became overpowering?
The taste... I got tired of it... it was like drinking sweet juice syrup. Very strong, it taste great! But after about 3 weeks of it... it kinda got over powering. The stim effect was never too much for me. I believe JudoJosh said somewhere that it was 200mg per scoop. Not very off from other pre workouts.

I am REALLY interested in trying some craze. That stuff only has 80mgs of caffeine and the board seems to like it. Nootropics in it are supposed to be great. Anyone know if samples of that were ever sent out? Wanna get my hands on some as I dont want to pop open a bottle just yet...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I took some maniac yesterday and I think the taste is very similar to their recover pro. A bit on the lighter side. As far as energy and pumps it might not be strong enough for me. I was feeling a bit tired but could never come out of it. Hit a PR on all my lifts but the energy wasn't there. I couldn't feel as much as I usually feel from my pre workouts. Today I will dose the second sample and for my volume day. Yesterday was strength. Today we shall see if there is an increase in endurance.

:)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I took some maniac yesterday and I think the taste is very similar to their recover pro. A bit on the lighter side. As far as energy and pumps it might not be strong enough for me. I was feeling a bit tired but could never come out of it. Hit a PR on all my lifts but the energy wasn't there. I couldn't feel as much as I usually feel from my pre workouts. Today I will dose the second sample and for my volume day. Yesterday was strength. Today we shall see if there is an increase in endurance.

:)
Maniac to me is the perfect night time trainers/on a PH cycle PWO... Nice and mild.

At first I wasn't a fan of it. Now I enjoy it that I cut back on stims.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maniac to me is the perfect night time trainers/on a PH cycle PWO... Nice and mild.

At first I wasn't a fan of it. Now I enjoy it that I cut back on stims.
Yea that could be my problem. That's why I'm so interested in craze. Low stim, but high nootropic effects.

Perhaps if I ran a full bottle I'd feel differently, but for now I have a lot of pre workouts left to give a go!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly thought I posted this on here already. Here is my White Flood review.

Okay, like I said before I added WF on top of my Sdrol cycle and noticed no harsh effects from it. No 1,3 in it, and also the caffeine dose seems to be modest.

Taste: 8/10
Wow, this stuff tasted great. I wont lie, CL has some great tasting stuff! A lot of other pre workouts, or intra workout drinks taste horrible, and mix terribly. Some taste good, then we get tired of them. White flood never hit me as being the most amazing drink to ever hit my lips, but it also never waned. I enjoyed drinking it to the last serving.

Mixability: 6/10
The reason I rated it so low is because their seems to be several ingredients in here that are "grainy". They mix well if you mix it, then drink it within 2-5 mins. But sometimes I would let it sit and notice that on the bottom things would gather and crystilize. If you don't let it sit out for a while it probably mixes @ a 8/10 as only a few shakes and its pretty much all dissolved.

Pumps: 7/10
I train 5x5 and noticed that during the workout I would get a pump, but nothing crazy. When training in a higher rep range I did notice that my muscle got a bit fuller. This is not really a pump product IMO. After I try an agmatine product I will talk about stacking this perhaps. Until then the next place is where I feel this stuff shinned.

Focus: 9/10
I was pretty much ON it when I hit the weights. Most days were crap for some reason this entire time running White Flood, but drink it, and it switched into workout mode. I loved that. I dont know what it was but I drank it and it just made me feel like it was time to go to work.

Energy: 8/10
As far as energy this has got to be the best "normalizing" pre I have taken. I have taken SuperPump stacked with the old white flood pre workout pills... and I would get wired. I would aim for around 600mgs of caffeine prior to workouts in my earlier years. I sometimes would take a pre workout, then an energy pill, then an energy pill, and a pre workout. ( I did AM workouts, then tennis, then evening HIIT/cardio. Sometimes Id take a preworkout during my tennis matches/practices). This stuff doesn't really KICK you, it kinda just brings you to a workout if you will. I loved it.

Value: 10/10
This stuff is a damn good value. On sale many times for $20 for 50 scoops. And for the record I dont think I have ever gone to two scoops (or I did and I regretted it). 1.5 was the best dosing for me. Also, this thing comes in a 100 scoop version. And that one is usually something like $40. And Im sure it goes on sale for less. Value gets the best mark from me. Id use this as a worth while in betweener.

Overall: 8/10
I would buy this again, I would probably use this as my main OR as my main fall back. I usually ALWAYS use a pre workout, I just cycle them or try out the newest one if the ingredient profile looks good. I think I never tried this one because it was the only preworkout that I remembered from my early beginnings in the supp world lol. I thought it was "old", man I was wrong, this stuff is great. For the price, and the fact it doesn't have 1,3 dmaa in it I think everyone who likes pre's should give it a go. Cheap, effective, tastes good, and doesn't tweak you out. Good job CL and I hope you guys keep bringing us great products and logs like this so everyone can see how good your products are.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't a big fan of white flood when I tried it honestly. It didn't mix well or taste that great. I didn't give it a fair trial tho, had 3 samples of it.
On the up side, no 1,3!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI Sports nutrition Maniac Review

Taste: 6/10
This had a very mild taste and I think those who do not like too much flavor in their supplements will enjoy this. Me on the other hand, love stuff that taste good. Specially when I am dieting and hungry for stuff with taste. It doesn't get very high marks from me here but it wasn't hard to drink either.

Mixability: 7/10
This stuff was pretty easily mixed. I noticed some powdery substance in my bottle after I drank it but not a whole lot and it could have just been because I didn't shake it like a mad man. Only used 2 sample packs in all so I couldnt assess this that well IMO. No problems though.

Pumps: 6/10
I train 5x5 and noticed that during the workout I would get a pump, but nothing crazy. Pretty much a focus/energy product. Didnt notice anything special from it in the Pump department. Pretty sure thats how most pre workouts are though.

Focus: 5/10
I was disappointing in this matter because well.. it didnt give me much motivation to do anything haha. Perhaps I needed 2 servings?

Energy: 5/10
Same as with Focus, I got nothing from this. I am a stim crazy dude, but I am not one who takes THAT many stims. I also had a short wash out of all stims recently so I dont think that it could be that I am numb to all stimulates yet....

Overall: 6/10
Most likely not something I would buy. The price/value of other items AI sells is great, but for me this product did not turn me into a maniac. Maybe I just already am lol.
I think this product would be a great pre workout supp for someone who is "new" to the pre workout drinks as it gives pretty good preworkout basics and will not drive you insane or give you jitters. Not gonna make you amped out and insane... but some people dont like that so for those who lift a bit more controlled and perhaps rather do some more milder supplements this would be a good supp to consider. For the guys who are stim junkies, and/or love products that you can "feel" this might not be the best idea.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't a big fan of white flood when I tried it honestly. It didn't mix well or taste that great. I didn't give it a fair trial tho, had 3 samples of it.
On the up side, no 1,3!!!
Taste is really individually based though, I kinda liked it cause it tasted something like PEZ haha. TBH if the stuff had 1,3 id say it was perfect... Damn love that stuff.... The reason why I said it was a good thing is because I know some organizations are putting it on the ban list, also some people have adverse reactions to the stuff... for me it keeps me energetic, happy, alert, and puts my crazy appetite down.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taste is really individually based though, I kinda liked it cause it tasted something like PEZ haha. TBH if the stuff had 1,3 id say it was perfect... Damn love that stuff.... The reason why I said it was a good thing is because I know some organizations are putting it on the ban list, also some people have adverse reactions to the stuff... for me it keeps me energetic, happy, alert, and puts my crazy appetite down.
I actually feel that 1,3 gives me anxiety of sorts. It stims me up and gives my stomach a weird pinching feeling like im full, and then I start getting anxiety cuz I don't want that. Kinda hard to explain. Maybe like hitting a joint for the high and then wishing you didn't have to stay high lol.
Glad u like it tho as it is a proven compound.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking my last dose of Body Octane Game day now, Lets see how this workout goes. Sumo DL PR here I come!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Taking my last dose of Body Octane Game day now, Lets see how this workout goes. Sumo DL PR here I come!
I have a few samples of this...

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the 100 serving White Flood for $25, I still need to try it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Companies give away PWO...
I have like 6 different PWOs from different companies to "try"

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is one hell of a deal I must say. I run Pre workouts all the time so it definitely makes the product that much more appealing. I also find out that I really need that extra boost to kick me out of the work mind set and really turn on the gym madness. Not every pre workout gave me that but White Flood did. Enjoy your 50-100 great workouts in that bottle ;)

Companies give away PWO...
I have like 6 different PWOs from different companies to "try"
True, I do run logs a lot on pre workouts. But I have bought almost every pre workout there was b4 when I would run a different product every month.
I dont know what you are getting at but these are products to BUY, not just get for free...?

Body octane reminds me a lot like jack3d btw. If you like Jack3d this is very similar. You get a bit more "drink" with it as well.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Wasn't getting at too much except I won a lot of pre work outs, so I'm set for a while :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't getting at too much except I won a lot of pre work outs, so I'm set for a while :)
AH, good job man. 6 pre's would last me almost a full year. ;)

Id be bored though as I like to try out a lot of the new stuff. Have fun man ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AH, good job man. 6 pre's would last me almost a full year. ;)

Id be bored though as I like to try out a lot of the new stuff. Have fun man ;)
Right on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Matt I wish you would have tried APS Mesomorph when they first reformulated with creatine nitrate! Good stuff.Also, what do you mean when you say the Lit Up became overpowering?
i was crazy about mesomorph when aps 1st released the c/n version.....but they have since reformulated, and you know what that means.....

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was crazy about mesomorph when aps 1st released the c/n version.....but they have since reformulated, and you know what that means.....
Freakin Canadians!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What did they take out? I didnt realize they reformulated, I did follow your log on it and you def loved Mesomorph.

MattRags, have you tried MusclePharm Assault? Rosie LOVES the stuff, I'm thinking about giving it a shot, also wanna try Neogenix BodyForge

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What did they take out? I didnt realize they reformulated, I did follow your log on it and you def loved Mesomorph.

MattRags, have you tried MusclePharm Assault? Rosie LOVES the stuff, I'm thinking about giving it a shot, also wanna try Neogenix BodyForge
No I haven't unfortunately. But I know muscle pharms shred matrix is good stuff so energy wise they should know what they are doing.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I tried to take the bpi pre. It tasted horrible. I couldn't even stomach it. I'm going the old school route and I am gonna just shoot it either today or tomorrow and workout with it. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yesterday I tried to take the bpi pre. It tasted horrible. I couldn't even stomach it. I'm going the old school route and I am gonna just shoot it either today or tomorrow and workout with it. :)
Must be new... Didn't know BPI had a PWO out...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently, I got different flavors of the BPI stuff lol. Fruit Punch I believe is the one I tried... Hopefully orange will taste better.

I havent used any Pre workouts this week (Since tossing out the other one), so this small break should be good for my poor adrenals lol.

Tomorrow I will bring both BPI and craze (it came!), if I can't drink the BPI one I will use some craze ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I took craze. My workout buddy got injured so my gym time was moved.
Full review of craze tomorrow.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DS Craze

Taste: This stuff tasted pretty bad to me... I know some ppl say it tastes great, just like grape koolaid... well I never drank grape koolaid so I donno but man I don't really like it... BUT

Focus: Good god... I have been on Sdrol (as those of you following my log know), and I have never been this focused ever... the pain of everything else (my lower back and upper back have been giving me problems) vanished. I am there, ready to do whatever it takes to get the sets done.

Energy: I wasn't fatigued this day as it was a day off from work. But sometimes that can be a downer... I didn't feel a kick like I do with 1,3 or a boat load of caffeine but omg... I pushed hard.

Endurance: Sadly I must have not eaten enough or something because I fell short on what I wanted to do as my squatting was just too painful on my knees. (Unfortunately, that pain didnt go away... I guess if it did it would mean my nervous system crashed) I will try it again today as today is another long workout (slowly incorporating my HST in from 5s)

Crash: No crash, was very alert and happy all day. Alertness was so intense it kinda irritated me... hahah.

Sides: Too Alert, felt too good at some points. Also, felt so good I couldn't sleep. I took it at 2pm and the good mood lasted till today... I slept for around 3 hours last night and have just been amped to hit the weights today. I hope this goes away, or is some kinda fluke as I want to take this pre workout again tonight....

Craze is a different kind of preworkout.... I got the pumps, but it was from the workout, not from a product.

Value: Good value as one scoop did it all for me. I don't know for sure if the effects will wear off as time passes but I know for now it's quite a good deal. Still doesn't come close to White Flood for value though. But White Flood never made me feel THIS good.... also didn't keep me up at night... More to come later!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay so I took a break from stims. Then around a week ago I started taking Hemavol to help glycogen uptake and nutrient partitioning. Then the past 2 workouts I have been using Maximize as well. WOW. Pretty strong. Like I said I am going into PCT now (In my original log). Don't really know what to attribute the pumps to aside from this (Unless the low dose ostarine I am using is making me feel like I am on again...)
GOOD STUFF

Beast mode log should be starting soon. I am going to miss the agamatine from maximize but I will still be using hemovol as it just tastes SO DAMN GOOD!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got some WF on sale and if there was something to add for strength + endurance boost what would you add?i think it needs more l-Citrulline or some creatine phosphate (less retention but fuller pumps?)
Maybe some ALCAR? LCLT?DAA?lemondae tastes good. Gf bought me monster amino sour grape...reserved thoughts even though it's 8:1:1

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got some WF on sale and if there was something to add for strength + endurance boost what would you add?i think it needs more l-Citrulline or some creatine phosphate (less retention but fuller pumps?)
Maybe some ALCAR? LCLT?DAA?lemondae tastes good. Gf bought me monster amino sour grape...reserved thoughts even though it's 8:1:1
For pumps and endurance I would add some L-citrulline. I usually get that from my BCAA product (xtends). TBH, creatine gives me MEAN strength... i think that's why I got messed up... I thought ALL the preworkouts I was taking had um in it lol.
Agmatine.... is beastly for pumps. Not sure how it will affect endurance yet. While I was on cycle pumps were so bad it negatively impacted my workouts to the point where some workouts I would not take any preworkout so I could avoid getting TOO pumped...
For me endurance has always been the ALCAR, Glutamine, BCAA, Creatine mix. Alcar to help get fat stores into mitochondria, glutamine and bcaas for amino acids during training, and creatine for extra ATP synthesis and slight increase in DHT. Something about HemaVol though... granted I have NEVER taken an Agmatine product before this. I absolutely love it.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hemavol + WF the go then?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hemavol + WF the go then?
Yea. Hemavol is great. I'm not 100% sure though that it is hemavol OR just agmatine. So you might wanna try some bulk agmatine if it's cheaper. Also, that way you could play around with dosing it with meals to enhance glycogen uptake instead of pre workout where you don't have food.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yea. Hemavol is great. I'm not 100% sure though that it is hemavol OR just agmatine. So you might wanna try some bulk agmatine if it's cheaper. Also, that way you could play around with dosing it with meals to enhance glycogen uptake instead of pre workout where you don't have food.
Rather do weights fasted...I like the empty stomach approach even for legs...also pre w/o hits me better and much more sustained

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rather do weights fasted...I like the empty stomach approach even for legs...also pre w/o hits me better and much more sustained
Might want to try check out Dr. D's thread (if you haven't already) about agamatine. I don't normally dose mine w/o food. Even when I take maxivol (the iForce preworkout with Agmatine), I usually take it with some fast digesting carbs and minimal protien (just 10g bcaas). Already got some luecine in it anyway. Then workout. Something about agmatine blunting fat loss came about. So I figure use it to get pumps (increase glycogen) this would mean less storage of fat/more calories to muscles. I could be wrong like I said, but that's what I gather from reading everything. Agmatine with meals is best. And it really doesn't matter if it's preworkout. It just provides long lasting pumps.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
subbed, i need to go back over this and read everything, im shopping for a pre workout

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
subbed, i need to go back over this and read everything, im shopping for a pre workout
White flood
Craze + PLCAR or ALCAR

Good to go

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
agmatine! yes! I am going to order some now :D havent tried it yet time to give it a whirl.