Lowering Cholesterol

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine has high cholesterol 252 his doctors didn’t want to put him on meds yet and see if he can lower with diet and exercise. Oddly enough he doesn’t eat poorly so may just need to exercise more

I was going to recommend to him Iforce Heart Help and Fish oil products . Do you think he can benefit from these and lower his Cholesterol? or would you recommend another product like AI Sports Life Support and fish oil

Thanks in advance

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heart Help + Fish Oil will absolutely help out. Follow label directions for best results.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 questions. What are his triglycerides like, and what does "doesn't eat poorly" mean ? still has lots of breads, refined grains, etc fall into that category?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Total cholesterol isnt really indicative of anything

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
2 questions. What are his triglycerides like, and what does "doesn't eat poorly" mean ? still has lots of breads, refined grains, etc fall into that category?
Good point and i;m not with him 24hrs a day but I never see him eat junk food / not much if any fast foodso to speak more of a grilled chicked and salad type of guy

Not sure of triglycerides I called and asked and he said doc didnt tell him just told him the 252 number had to come down

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
would he be better with a 3-6-9 omega blend or is the iforce fish oil enough

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would he be better with a 3-6-9 omega blend or is the iforce fish oil enough
our fish oil is of the highest quality...when looking for fish oil you want a good ratio of dha/epa which we have.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good point and i;m not with him 24hrs a day but I never see him eat junk food / not much if any fast foodso to speak more of a grilled chicked and salad type of guy

Not sure of triglycerides I called and asked and he said doc didnt tell him just told him the 252 number had to come down
A total cholesterol of 252 is meaningless. Without knowing the LDL HDL ratio and triglycerides, you can't say anything relevant from a clinical standpoint, and the doctor should know that. If his total is 252, but his HDL is over 80 with triglycerides under 95, then its carry on doing exactly as you currently are with no heightened risk of anything. that would place his ratio at better than most vegetarians..... A cholesterol of 170 with triglycerides of 200 is WAY more dangerous. I hate doctors who don't really know what they're doing.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A total cholesterol of 252 is meaningless. Without knowing the LDL HDL ratio and triglycerides, you can't say anything relevant from a clinical standpoint, and the doctor should know that. If his total is 252, but his HDL is over 80 with triglycerides under 95, then its carry on doing exactly as you currently are with no heightened risk of anything. that would place his ratio at better than most vegetarians..... A cholesterol of 170 with triglycerides of 200 is WAY more dangerous. I hate doctors who don't really know what they're doing.
exactly.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned before, Heart Help and Fish Oil is a good combo!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Get him to find out his triglycerides. A high triglyceride count is indicative of small dense LDL particles which are easily oxidised and form plaque inside arteries whereas low trigs and a high saturated fat diet (esp. coconut oil) is indicative of large LDL particles which are less likely to be oxidised and form the plaque.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cycle Assists + niacin did wonders for my cholesterol.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Ok he got more details from doctor today

Total 259
HDL 20
LDL 219
Triglycerides 98

He did order heart help and fish oil from the pervious posts. But wanted to make sure with the details it will benefit still

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok he got more details from doctor today

Total 259
HDL 20
LDL 219
Triglycerides 98

He did order heart help and fish oil from the pervious posts. But wanted to make sure with the details it will benefit still
holy cow. yeah, the heart help and fish oil both will be good, it should raise his HDL. that is REALLY low. is he an anabolic user, or only any daily use medications? Figure that HDL should be at least 39 in normal healthy eating persons. At least the triglycerides are decent. Does he by chance eat a pretty low fat diet with a fair amount of grains?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
He did do an epi run which ended mid/end of March and used Nolva for PCT.

Not sure how low fat but yes to fair amount of grains

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

that will definitely effect his HDL.

Get him on the fish oil + heart help ASAP, and then if that isn't enough, a Rx

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that will definitely effect his HDL.

Get him on the fish oil + heart help ASAP, and then if that isn't enough, a Rx
Agreed and i would def suggest 4 caps daily for the first 2 weeks to a month and then dropping to 2 caps if blood work is appropriate.

Mike

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually fish oil can raise cholesterol in higher dosages, it is mainly used for the treatment of high triglycerides. You will increase HDL with it but you will also get a minor rise in LDL as well. I would go with extended release Niacin at the 500mg range right before bed for a week or two then move up to 1000mg nightly right before bed. Just bear in mind if he is taking any sort of methylated anabolics then it can affect his liver enzymes but it is by far the best thing for lowering LDL and drastically raising HDL. It is actually a bit more tolerable than Niaspan which is Rx only but is a bit harsher on the liver in higher dosages than Niaspan is.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would cycle assist and some kind of vitamin e blend

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

do you know when his blood test was from? if he ended the cycle end of march, and ran PCT through till end of april, i'd figure that to be a pretty "normal" cholesterol level if it was taken in early may. it does resolve itself without doing much special over time, just it may take another couple of months.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE :
starting point

Total 259
HDL 20
LDL 219
Triglycerides 98

After 3.5 weeks on Heart Help and Iforce fish oil his numbers came back today @

Total 207
HDL 34
LDL 154
Triglycerides 92

doctor was impressed with the changes and told him keep doing what he is doing

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Surprised they tested you only after 3.5 weeks, usually they wait at least 6 weeks but very glad you are seeing results. When is your next test?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
His doctor wanted tests after 4 weeks but it was done at 3.5 point. Next blood work is in 60 days