KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here is a crazy before picture... LMAO!!! This was given to me on Father's Day by my Dad and StepMother. It is 3 Generations of Tucker! This is the result of sympathy eating with my baby Momma. I put on 35-40 lbs during her pregnancy and got stretch marks on my stomach to prove it. Of course 6 week later she was back to normal and I was a chunk! So anyone thinking I am not a natural fatty that was 40lbs in about 6 months time... She didn't start with the cravings until 2nd trimester... This was almost 19 years ago.

Three Generations of Tucker smaller.jpg

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
holy shyte chris - you actually had hair at one time!

:lol:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Love that pic Chris. I'm going to have my wife dig up some pics of me. I have some good ones for sure.

Great work

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if I have any when I was 305....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So did a nice arms and shoulder workout this morning I don't have my book here and forgot to take a picture of the paper so I will update it later. Tonight I am going to finish up my chest and back and just update them all together. I think I will have to split these up to get everything in from now on anyway. It is really easy for me to hit chest and back at home so I will just do it in my garage then hit up a lil cardio or something since chest and back are only 6 sets each right now.

Here are some pictures from this morning, everything is coming together nicely. I will let you all tell me what you think. I see a lot of welcome changes but me telling you is cheating.

I will say that I was really depending on my IGNITE 2 this morning, and it surely did exactly what I needed it to do. 1 small heaping scoop did the trick, and a scoop of CREATRONA, and then 2 scoops Blue Raspberry BCAA SAA... YUM!

6-21-13 Prgress Shots Flexed Front.jpg

6-21-13 Prgress Shots Flexed Back.jpg

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Here are some pictures from this morning, everything is coming together nicely. I will let you all tell me what you think.
indeed!
changes are blantantly apparent, everything looking very tight (esp your back in this pic!), abs showing nicely -
you have such nice development in the front ab region, and great shape overall - calves looking beastly! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
indeed!
changes are blantantly apparent, everything looking very tight (esp your back in this pic!), abs showing nicely -
you have such nice development in the front ab region, and great shape overall - calves looking beastly! :)
Thank you Sir! I have to work to try to look like I belong in the FREAK club!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Def. look much tighter everywhere man. Abs are popping through a little more every set of pics. Lookin good buddy

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm, first day of summer and you sure showed up strong. You continue to amaze me.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
indeed!
Yah ditto on all that. Amazing progress this last week or so.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris now you look like you're ahead 16 weeks out and I would not have said that a few weeks ago. I know I was the one who said that big changes were coming but this is beyond what I had forseen.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Looking great Chris. Obvious progress week to week.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris never ceases to amaze. Looking awesome brother.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen well done sir! My progress has seem to halted a bit but your still leaning and looking beastly! Very nice work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Def. look much tighter everywhere man. Abs are popping through a little more every set of pics. Lookin good buddy
Thanks Big D!
Hmmmm, first day of summer and you sure showed up strong. You continue to amaze me.
Thanks Para, giving it hell!
Yah ditto on all that. Amazing progress this last week or so.
Chris now you look like you're ahead 16 weeks out and I would not have said that a few weeks ago. I know I was the one who said that big changes were coming but this is beyond what I had forseen.
Thanks Doug! I am starting to feel like I look like a bodybuilder again. I still have plenty of work to do but all is going well. I will probably trim my hair this weekend to see how it looks with out this fur on them and in the cracks of the abs.
Looking great Chris. Obvious progress week to week.
Thanks Bean! On a mission here!
Chris never ceases to amaze. Looking awesome brother.
Thanks Monte, coming from someone who is woefully unaware how jacked they are I will take that as a high compliment.

Going to go hit up chest and back here shortly. Pretty stoked about getting a second pump, but I am waiting on the UVerse guy right now...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay Gents! Sorry for the lack of updates the past couple days but you all are probably used to me taking the weekend off from the boards for family time by now.

So here are the updates.

Pre Workout 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop CreaTrona Powder, 1 scoops BCAA SAA
Intra Drink 2 scoops BCAA SAA powder

6/20/13 Light Leg Day in garage 4-0-1 tempo, 60 second rest periods

V-Squat (AKA Duck Squats) 135x10, 155x8, 185x8, 205x8, 225x6 - Went 35 lbs heavier on these this time! Felt pretty good but knees are a bit dry so I may not do these again while they are this dry.

Barbell Hack Squats - 135108, 135x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x10 - Man these just obliterated my quads. Pump was sick and I was sweating like a mofo. Actually sat on the bar for a second in between the last few reps of the last set just so I could push for that next rep.

Sissy Squats - BW x12, BW x12, BW x9 - Oh Man!!! I had forgotten how abusive sissy squats were. I just remembered they were abusive, just not that they indeed can turn you into a sissy.

Barbell Hip Thrusters Tempo 4-4-2, 135x10 for 5 sets - These were just straight up beast mode. They burned so bad and had my core, my entire posterior chain and even my quads screaming by the end of them. I was running out of time and figured these would be a great finisher, they did exactly what I wanted them to do...

Fasted Training = Pre Workout 1 heaping scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop CreaTrona Powder, 1 scoops BCAA SAA
Intra Drink 2 scoops BCAA SAA powder

6/21/13 - Workout 1 - Shoulders & Arms, Tempo = 2-0-1, Rest = 60 seconds

Shoulders
Partial DB Side Raises - 32.5x12, 32.5x9, 27.5x10, 25x10, 20x8+2 partials that didn't make it to the top. Weight increase of 2.5 lbs on heavy sets. Really doing my best to make an improvement every time, I want my delts to look like they are an awning for my upper arms when all is said and done.

Hang & Swing Shoulder Destroyers - 40x28>25x14>12.5x19, I was really pushing to crush my last performance here and I did. Some of the "Swings" may have only moved 4-6 inches towards the ends of each part but they were still moving and stopping them seems to be where the money is at...

Wide Seated SHoulder Press on machine Tempo = 4-0-2, 80x12, 80x10, 75x8, 70x4, 55x7 - As you can see I just crushed my delts into submission here. I put my hands on the part of the machine outside of the handles to get the extra wide grip and kept everything slow so it was all on the delts and man they burned for doing it. SUCCESS!!!

Biceps
Supinated Grip Pull Downs -
120x12, 150x12, 150x11, 150x8, 120x9 - these were done with elbows more forward, especially on the negative portion but really focused the mind muscle connection to the biceps andnot the lats. The lats were plenty involved but the biceps were straight up screaming.

Standing Spider Curls - 55x12, 60x9, 60x6 & 3/4 almost got it all the way up but I stalled 3/4 of the way up for about 5 seconds and then it started going down on its own. LOL

DB Hammer Curls 32.5x10, 32.5x6, 25x7 - Oh yeah baby feel the burn!

Triceps
Dips - BW+25x12, BW+35x12, BW+35x11, BW+35x6, BWx5
- last one negative was held 22 seconds fighting it on the way down.

Cable Skulls - 70x12, 70x8, 70x8 - Loved this one the contraction and burn is unreal. I couldn't even budge my attempt at rep 9.

Rope Cable Trcieps Extension - 90x10, 70x8, 50x9 - see this is one that is easier obviouly the difference is the pulley set up but the other one makes me feel like a biatch at 50-60 lbs...

6/22/13 Workout 2 Chest and Back - Rest 60 seconds and HIIT in the pool

Chest Tempo = 4-0-2, Rest = 60 seconds

Incline BB Bench - 135x12, 185x8, 205x8>135x9 - These felt really good, squeezed in on the bar to really contract the pecs. Was happy to go over 205 at that tempo, surprised actually.
Incline DB Flies - 40x12, 40x11 > Wide Grip Dips - Body weight x 20 The flies were awesome and to round it out I did the wide grip dips to failure for lower pec development.

Back - Tempo = 4-0-2, Rest = 60 seconds
Wide Grip Pull Ups 120x12, BWx12, BWx8, BWx4 > BW Partials x8 -
I had a really nice lat burn going on here and the final rep since I was using myVersagrips I just hung and stretched for about 60 seconds...
Rows - 100x12, 130x8, 85x10 -
Did the concentric portion of this one a bit slower and held the squeeze so these were really about 4-2-3 tempo and man were they doing the trick.

HIIT In Pool - Was going to swim but my goggles were broken so I got in the 4.5 foot water and did ass to ankle squat jumps for 12 sets of 30 only counting the reps I got my hips out of the water. Then would slowly walk back 10 yards and forward 10 yard using my arms to create resistance in the water. Total jumps 360 in 30 minutes.

I was breathing like an asthmatic bulldog outside on a hot summer day by the time I was done.

calebsmitty

Awards
Good stuff. Hip thrusts are awesome. The only other movement I've done that hits glutes like that are sumo RDL. You can squeeze hard. Cracking nuts brother.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff. Hip thrusts are awesome. The only other movement I've done that hits glutes like that are sumo RDL. You can squeeze hard. Cracking nuts brother.
I like hip thrusts are great, I usually have my wife spot me on these. Lol!!!! ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah in the zone now....

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I like hip thrusts are great, I usually have my wife spot me on these. Lol!!!! ;)
I spit out some coffee there..

hip thrusts FTW - bustin some out tomorrow myself, along with some GHRs

good stuff kleen!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay Damn it has been a busy day at work, this is going to be my first post...

This morning was legs but I ended up getting to the gym a bit late so I had to make it short but intense!

Pre Workout IGNITE 2 = 1 heaping scoop, Creatrona Powder = 1.5 scoops, Blue Raspberry BCAA SAA = 1 scoop
Intra Workout Drink 2 scoops Blue Raspberry BCAA SAA

Reps 3-5, Tempo = 2-0-1 Rest 90 seconds

Deep Narrow Stance Squats - 135x12, 225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 375x4 - these were beast mode, I was about 3-4 inches below parallel but not sitting on my ankles or anything.

Leg Press - 640x5, 820x5, 1000x5, 1000x5, 1000x3
- Man these were intense with the 2 second negative although some of the concentrics took longer than the negatives to be honest. My last set right before lockout I had to push on my knees the last 2-3 inches because it wasn't moving for me anymore...

Leg Extensions 170x8, 210x6, 190x6 - That last set was pure torture, I didn't have time to get into hamstrings so I stretched for a couple minutes and hobbled all the way out to the car.

Upon waking this morning I was 201.5 had a tiny bit of water left on me from my free meal at a Mexican spot. Darn chips got me!

Here are some update pics, the normal ones and a couple new shots I have posted yet.

6-24-13 Progress 201.5 lbs Relaxed.jpg

6-24-13 201.5 lbs Flexed Small.jpg

6-24-13 201.5 lbs Extra shots.JPG

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
did I do this -----> :clap2: yet?
wow, just..wow
rapid progress blowing my mind! you gonna be a ton bigger than your last show brogan, no contest

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's crazy how you look even more beastly as you lean out clean. Chest looks way tighter and midsection appears to be diminishing which helps the chest as well. Those guns are insane bro. Nice job on the continued progress.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think everyone else has already expressed my feelings...carry on

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bromance in here, big time! Kleen is a chiseled Freak! Nice job!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, just..wow
rapid progress blowing my mind! you gonna be a ton bigger than your last show brogan, no contest
Yah I know like I was saying huge jump....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wow, just..wow
Thanks Snags! Yeah I think I am a good 10 lbs heavier at least.
Holy crap Kleen... sitting here amazed as I type.. damn..
Thanks!
It's crazy how you look even more beastly as you lean out clean. Chest looks way tighter and midsection appears to be diminishing which helps the chest as well. Those guns are insane bro. Nice job on the continued progress.
Thanks Jeff! I am really working on the arms and shoulders right now to bring them up in size.
I think everyone else has already expressed my feelings...carry on
Thanks Big D!
Damn... That's all I have to say.
Gracias Luke!
Me too Luke, me too
LMAO!
Bromance in here, big time! Kleen is a chiseled Freak! Nice job!
Thanks Kenpo, not quite a chiseled freak yet but on my way. You will be shocked how crazy my core gets when I am chiseled. I can't wait to see what it looks like surrounded by the added muscle.

Matt at www.bossbody.net thinks I will come in somewhere in the middle of the Light Heavy Weight range in Lbs which will be good. All of this right now is coming from good diet, training and of course supplementation. I am cruising on 3 FINAFLEX 1-Alpha 's a day at the moment.

Tonight will be a Shoulders, Arms, and Back and Chest workout. More than likely I will do it in my garage unless I get an itch to go to the gym but that hasn't worked out for me well the last few times.

Last night The wife wanted to go see Fast and Furious 6 in the theater before it went to DVD so I had to do a quick Hamstring and glutes workout. I decided to go for some high speed intensity.

The workout - 135 on Stiff Leg Dead Lifts - The goal 100 reps as quick as I could get them done with good form. - The result 135 lbs x117 reps in 9 minutes & 34 seconds. - I lost count of one of my "sets" marked it down but in my head I thought I hadn't done it towards the end because I wasn't looking at the paper. Then I saw that i did mark it down and stopped when I realized I had surpassed my goal. Talk about working up a sweat and a major pump!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Matt at www.bossbody.net thinks I will come in somewhere in the middle of the Light Heavy Weight range in Lbs which will be good.
concur - I can see that, depends on how low bf you wanna go
to dig into those last few % points and get to the 3 range, it is really hard telling what you may lose at the end - if preparation is on point and you have enough time (which you do), it shouldn't be too bad tho

Last night The wife wanted to go see Fast and Furious 6 in the theater before it went to DVD
tough for me to sit thru a movie at the theatre anymore - I pee too much
did make it thru Man of Steel tho on father's day without going mid-movie..felt pretty accomplished :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
concur - I can see that, depends on how low bf you wanna go
to dig into those last few % points and get to the 3 range, it is really hard telling what you may lose at the end - if preparation is on point and you have enough time (which you do), it shouldn't be too bad tho

did make it thru Man of Steel tho on father's day without going mid-movie..felt pretty accomplished :p
Yeah I think so and honestly I would rather come in crazy condition than worry about a weight. I don't see me getting into the middle weight class, but coming in diced as all get out that is going to be where it is at for me. I see a lot of guys getting on stage at 5% at the regional shows and I plan to be well under that! I told him I want to be around 3% this time around.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hear you on this. Took my step son to see Star Trek on Sunday afternoon. Had to go midway through. Certainly can't stop water intake, just so I can go to a movie lol.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Freaky fuggin Lean!!! I agree. That's the way to go, make you look big and hard. You care what you look like not what the fuggin scale says or what category you compete in. It's fun being a fuggin Freak!!!!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hear you on this. Took my step son to see Star Trek on Sunday afternoon. Had to go midway through. Certainly can't stop water intake, just so I can go to a movie lol.
Lol I always make sure I go before going into the cinema and by the time the flick is over I'm busting. And I'm not even old :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I make it through most of the movies I go see.

Okay so last night I went to the gym with the intention of rocking out but I got home and had things to do and by the time I got to the gym to lift my pre workout had worn off a lot since I took it about 4:30 so I wouldn't be geeking when it was time to be winding down. So by 8:00 when I got to the gym it was on it's way out. On top of that my last meal had been at 4:30 which was some Isolate and some maltodextrine and I was feeling weak just after finishing up my shoulders. I did do well on shoulders but pretty much crashed as I went into the Chins. SO I ended up going home since it was late, I was weak and the gym was just too packed. I got up and did the rest of my workout this morning.

Last night = Shoulders 2-0-1 Tempo 90 seconds rest

Machine Side Raises - 70x10, 110x12, 130x12, 140x8, 130x9 - This was great had massive pump and did some big weight for me. Kept abs flexed so that it would keep medial delts engaged and traps less involved throughout the movement.

Rear Delt Destroyers - 40x35 > 25x20 > 10x20 - No wonder I am seeing more growth in my rear delts. I am making huge progress on these each week. Last time was 40x28, and 25x18, I used the 12.5 last time so not a comparison to the 10s but still the amount of reps are going up. I will start with 45s next time I think, if not that at least 42.5

Standing Barbell Wide Gripe Shoulder Press - 95x10, 105x10, 110x8, 105x7. 95x9 - Weight is going up rapidly here as well. Medial delts should really start to pop.

Chins - BWx10, BW+20x5, BWx5 - These were okay but I just ran out of gas here. As I mentioned had been a while since I ate and a long time since I had my pre workout. I went to do curls but decided it was time to call it a day and come in fresh this morning to crush arms, chest and back.

This Mornings Workout, Triceps, Biceps, Chest & Back 2-0-1 tempo 90 seconds rest 8-12 rep range...

Triceps
Dips - BWx10, BW+45x10, BW+70x10, BW+70x10, BW+70x8
- These where great I need some pads for the side of my hand though the bar is digging in making it rough way before I am done. The slow negatives really keep me from adding too much weight which is good. I tend to get carried away on dips and work up to 4 plates when I am going full speed and my elbows just can't take it.

Cable Bent Over Skulls - 80x10, 90x10, 100x8 - I position myself so I am in the same angle as the Decline Skull crushers when I do these. THese were on the one that feels extra heavy. Not only were my trices getting thrashed but my abs were getting a hell of a workout keeping me stabilized. Weight increased here as well.

Rope Triceps Extension - 100x10, 100x9, 100x9 - these were on a different pulley, the one that makes things feel a bit lighter. Hoever the contractions were awesome and the pump was ridiculous.

Biceps
Straight Bar Cable Curls - 60x10, 90x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x8
- Man my biceps were aching after this. I am pretty sure the last set was a PR for reps on these.

Standing Spider Curls w/ EZ Bar - 60x10, 60x10, 60x8
- talk about serious burn here this was just hard I had to fight for reps 9-10 on second set. Kept it all very strict and had a tiny squeeze at the top of every rep. The pump was starting to get painful. :)

Hammer Curls on Preacher Machine - 60x10, 60x10, 60x9 - these were just crushing my brachialis, it is still trying to cramp up when I stretch...

DB Incline Press - 85x10, 100x7>70x7 - Fuggin Awesome! I was not expecting this after thrashing my triceps already! These were done with the 2-0-1 tempo also.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press - 90x10, 115x8>90x4 - for those of you not familiar with this machine it is pretty much a combination of a chest press and a crossover. I really concentrated on squeezing into the center more than pressing with my triceps so it just obliterated my pecs.

Back
Wide Grip Pull Down Machine - 130x10, 190x10 > 150x6
- excellent contraction here and the negatives were closer to 3 seconds. Went to a full stretch on each rep before retracting scapula to initiate the movement. Really got all of the muscles of the upper back involved.

Under Hand Grip Machine Row - 130x10, 190x9 > 130x5
Back was just toast after these everything was full of blood.

My upper body had a crazy pump after this. I looked huge compared to when I walked it. I was VERY pleased with how this entire workout went this morning. Definitely made up for the frustration of running out of gas last night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LMAO! I missed that post must have been about the same time was writing mine up.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking incredible Kleen. Nice progress. You are tightening up very well.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, every time I stop by this log I wind up amazed and jealous at the same time. You progress so quickly. Crazy man, just crazy.