KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Def leaning out buddy. I'd say you're right on track. I like what you and Matty are doing bud. Keeping up. Oh and gotta love the honey dos :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris can do just what he likes with his body, just needs to set his eye on the prize, expect rapid changes...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great workouts Kleen, and your progress pics show noticeable change!

Vid is impressive as hell.
Thanks! I am pushing it.

Getting closer by the day.....amazing changes since the start but it's too be expected with the Kleen Machine :)
Thanks Monte! Lots of pushing right now, diet has remained on point and training is very productive.
Kleen is getting more ripped by the day. Comparing these pics to those early on really shows the work and dedication. It's like the sculpture that shows a chiseled body coming out of a block of stone. Congrats and keep it going!
Thanks Kenpo! That is the goal, trying to hold as much mass as possible while getting leaner is a longer process then a full on cut but it is worth it in the end.
Damn kleen getting lean pretty quick!

That's impressive.
Thanks Luke, changes are coming at a great pace. I have no complaints, even though I didn't get as much training this past weekend and beginning of the week I see changes. All of the activity with the painting and going up and down ladders all day kept me burning calories.

Def leaning out buddy. I'd say you're right on track. I like what you and Matty are doing bud. Keeping up. Oh and gotta love the honey dos :)
Thanks Bean! I am happy with the plan as it stands. I have about 2 more weeks then we will be adjusting to some lower calories and what not, changing to a lower volume level and keep on crushing it.
Chris can do just what he likes with his body, just needs to set his eye on the prize, expect rapid changes...
Thanks Doug! You are correct when it comes to changing my body I can get it done pretty well once I have my motivation and a plan I am confident in the execution becomes almost automatic.

I was supposed to do some dead lifts yesterday but my lower back was aching all day. I think it has to do with all the hours on the ladder and not getting in enough water over the weekend. On top of that last night I just felt sick to my stomach and was still feeling rough this morning. It is better than yesterday but I don't want to be pulling 400+ lbs while experiencing this type of stomach discomfort or lower back pain. I will have to go lift tonight and if my lower back is not quite happy then I will just do arms and shoulders then hit the deads later in the week or something.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah deads when not feeling 100% would be tough. There are a lot of exercises you could do to replace them that are almost as good though.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you need some motivation? just come to kleen's log :yup:

one question tho bro:
that first update pic from the 27th..weight shows 2011.2lbs..what kind of damn weight gainer are you using?
:jaw:

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

one question tho bro:
that first update pic from the 27th..weight shows 2011.2lbs..what kind of damn weight gainer are you using?
Lol thought this as well

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

one question tho bro:
Haha I have really been working on muscle density. Very impressive isn't it.

Sorry I haven't been on much I have been sick as a dog for a few days and then my Mom just came to visit so it has been a bit rough to get on the computer. I have not been to the gym since Tuesday and am just now starting to re-hydrate. Tomorrow will be my first workout since getting ill. Although I am not 100% yet I am itching to get into the gym.

Surprisingly I look pretty good for having been sick most of the week. I have been working hard to try to get calories in and keep them down. I am maybe a little leaner, obviously not as much progress as the last two weeks but still progress none the less. At least I think that I am a bit leaner I am sure due to not getting quite the amount of cals in as I needed. I am still going to take progress pictures tomorrow and post them up.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's FINAFLEX bro!
extremely generous company, dedicated to their consumers! :cool2:
Yeah buddy....all about happy consumers;)

$1000.....holy shizzle snagman......

What a opportunity to become a model:)

Promo heaven guys

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is definitely an awesome promo here! I can't wait to see the progress that the prizes inspire!

I am getting ready to go to the gym here shortly, first time in almost a week. I am so hungry for it right now. Just waiting for my food to settle before I head in.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you're feeling better...time to be mean and Kleen again:) yeah buddy.

By the way....what an amazing promo....damn

This is definitely an awesome promo here! I can't wait to see the progress that the prizes inspire!

I am getting ready to go to the gym here shortly, first time in almost a week. I am so hungry for it right now. Just waiting for my food to settle before I head in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so I lost some weight while being sick. I think I look pretty damn good for having an unscheduled week out of the gym. I think I look better than last week. What do you all think? Be honest...

Progress Montage Flexed 6-3-13 205.7 lbs post size.jpg

Progress Montage Relaxed 6-3-13 205.7 lbs.jpg

This is just a sample of the vascularity you can never see in my pictures. Check the veinage in the calves!

Legs and Calves 6-3-13.jpg

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ridiculous vascularity my friend.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The back shreds quick! Lookin good sofar brother. Calve vascularity is narly too. Are you doing any direct arm work? They seem to be behind a bit.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lookin great! :cool2:
super impressed with the wheels, veins are silly, quads stacked..good work

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Looking sharp kleen, now let's get sharper!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Some real nice improvements there kleen. Can see them abs poking through :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks great Kleen. It's amazing what can be done with diet and a few light weights. LMAO

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ridiculous vascularity my friend.
Thanks Dan!
Good grief
Not too bad for being sick all week.
The back shreds quick! Lookin good sofar brother. Calve vascularity is narly too. Are you doing any direct arm work? They seem to be behind a bit.
Yeah I do direct arm work this is my issue for certain, my arms are just over 17.5 flexed with no pump. I have been training them but they seem to be stuck. Unfortunately along with that my back is so damn wide and thick and grows without any real effort so they get completely overshadowed by my back.
...you are a big dude..
Gracias!
lookin great! :cool2:
super impressed with the wheels, veins are silly, quads stacked..good work
Thanks Snags
Looking sharp kleen, now let's get sharper!
Working on it. ;)
Some real nice improvements there kleen. Can see them abs poking through :)
Yeah they are definitely starting to come out.
Looks great Kleen. It's amazing what can be done with diet and a few light weights. LMAO
AMEN on the light weights.

Speaking of light weights this was my first workout back from being sick.

Yesterday was a push day, more strength based with a twist. I was doing 2 second negatives on every thing instead of just exploding it up and down quickly.

Push Day -1 Strength rep range 3-5 on compounds and 6-8 on isolations. Tempo 2-0-1, 90 seconds rest between sets.

Incline BB Bench - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 245x5, 255x3 + 2 assisted - Yay I had a spotter for that last one. Surprised how well my shoulder held up. The slower negatives definitely made for some hard work but still a good lift.

DB Flat Bench - 100x5, 110x5, 120x5, 125x4
- I did a 15 second negative on the last rep since I knew I would not get another rep.

Decline DB FLies - 55x8, 55x7, 55x6
- Wow what a burn in the pecs. Felt amazing.

Shoulder Press - 110x10, 155x5, 170x5, 185x3

DB Side Raise - 45x8, 45x8, 45x6

Dips Body Weight Close Grip one set of 45 dips. I really wanted to get 50 in one set here but couldn't muster anymore go. I was supposed to get in CGP, and Skull Krushers but ran out of time so the max reps on Dips was my improv...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking awesome brother no doubt. A bit of the Marc Loblliner syndrome with the turtle back overpowering the arms. Still look better then me so I can't say much :p

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That back double bi shot is insane. Your back is always so damn impressive. Legs are looking vascular and beastly. Nice work can definitely see you leaned up.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Long time no see, good friend! Ive returned to take some notes from the master, and offer my support!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Def looking great Chris! What do attribute your monster back to? Genetics? I know you work your ass off but I'm just curious. Keep at it. Boss body at work. Cannot wait to see the final package .

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking awesome brother no doubt. A bit of the Marc Loblliner syndrome with the turtle back overpowering the arms. Still look better then me so I can't say much :p
Turtle Back, that is awesome! I have never heard that one before. Thanks, and not sure that I would say I am looking better than you but I will definitely take that as a major compliment. As far as my arms I really feel I need solid 18-18.5 which is what most people my size have at this body fat. However I would venture to say my arms are a lot leaner than most guys holding as much fat as I am in the stomach. My arms won't shrink much so hopefully I can still have at least 17.5 inches on stage even 10-15 lbs from now. I did mention to Matt I wanted to focus a bit more on my arms to get them growing along with my medial and rear delts. I feel I can just do some maintenance on my back and chest while concentrating on those areas but I think Matt is planning a way for me to grow them more while pushing the limits on the shoulders and arms. I will say from the back though I can definitely see that my rear delts have come up.
That back double bi shot is insane. Your back is always so damn impressive. Legs are looking vascular and beastly. Nice work can definitely see you leaned up.
Thanks Jeff, things are going surprisingly well considering I am just coming off an illness.
Long time no see, good friend! Ive returned to take some notes from the master, and offer my support!
Rick! Nice to have you in the log. I am giving this one a bit of hell but am taking notes from a coach this time around. Some very interesting dietary modulation going on that keeps me on my toes.
15sec negative....
Yeah it was intense. I barely got the 125's up for that 4rth one so I just fought it all the way down. This is the heaviest I have been on DB's in quite some time. I honestly didn't expect to get up to that weight with the 2 second negatives.

Def looking great Chris! What do attribute your monster back to? Genetics? I know you work your ass off but I'm just curious. Keep at it. Boss body at work. Cannot wait to see the final package .
Thanks Bean! I would attribute my "monster back" to a few different factors. My traps are a lot of genetics, my lats have always been a pretty good spread. However most of my thickness especially the lower traps and lats have come up drastically since I began to do more dead lifts and rows.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright back again this time it was a pull day.
Took 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop Creatrona, one scoop Apple BCAA SAA in pre workout mix upon rising and then another scoop of BCAA SAA in my water bottle and went of to the gym. Was majorly energized by the time I got into the gym.

Tempo 2-0-1, Reps 3-5 on compounds and 6-8 on isolation, 90 seconds rest

Wide Grip Weighted Pull Ups - BWx5, BW+10 x5, BW+25 x4, BW+25 x3 - This was pretty hard, I have not done wide grip pull ups in a long time.

Barbell Bent Over Rows - 135x5, 225x5, 275x4 - I had not done these in a while too and was decently impressed with 4 reps at 275 considering the 2 second negatives.

Bent Over DB Dead Stop Rows 80x8, 90x8, 110x8 - again numbers are looking very solid. I can't complain at all about them.

Face Pulls - 130x8, 140x8, 150x8 - These felt great, a bit challenging to post up to do them at the 140 and 150 but felt great on the rear delts.

Barbell Curls - 135x5, 135x4, 135x3 - Man these were really hard especially the last reps of the second and 3rd set and required a little body english to get to the top but the 2 second negatives were very strict. This is much heavier lifting than I have been doing for biceps.

DB Curls - 45x5, 40x8, 40x5, 35x6 - Biceps were just toasty by this time. Was a great workout.

Crunches - 15 reps with 2 second negatives every 15 seconds for 5 minutes. Man talk about abs burning. One of the bricks in my upper abs got cramped up at the end, lets me know I was killing them.

Matt just changed up my macros a bit, I am back to 250 grams of carbs a day every day for a little bit. Protein came down a tiny bit to adjust for the calories. I think things are going really well.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like things are going we'll brother! Big strong lifts. And those negatives are just sick nasty :p

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright back again this time it was a pull day.
Took 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop Creatrona, one scoop Apple BCAA SAA in pre workout mix upon rising and then another scoop of BCAA SAA in my water bottle and went of to the gym. Was majorly energized by the time I got into the gym.

Tempo 2-0-1, Reps 3-5 on compounds and 6-8 on isolation, 90 seconds rest

Wide Grip Weighted Pull Ups - BWx5, BW+10 x5, BW+25 x4, BW+25 x3 - This was pretty hard, I have not done wide grip pull ups in a long time.

Barbell Bent Over Rows - 135x5, 225x5, 275x4 - I had not done these in a while too and was decently impressed with 4 reps at 275 considering the 2 second negatives.

Bent Over DB Dead Stop Rows 80x8, 90x8, 110x8 - again numbers are looking very solid. I can't complain at all about them.

Face Pulls - 130x8, 140x8, 150x8 - These felt great, a bit challenging to post up to do them at the 140 and 150 but felt great on the rear delts.

Barbell Curls - 135x5, 135x4, 135x3 - Man these were really hard especially the last reps of the second and 3rd set and required a little body english to get to the top but the 2 second negatives were very strict. This is much heavier lifting than I have been doing for biceps.

DB Curls - 45x5, 40x8, 40x5, 35x6 - Biceps were just toasty by this time. Was a great workout.

Crunches - 15 reps with 2 second negatives every 15 seconds for 5 minutes. Man talk about abs burning. One of the bricks in my upper abs got cramped up at the end, lets me know I was killing them.

Matt just changed up my macros a bit, I am back to 250 grams of carbs a day every day for a little bit. Protein came down a tiny bit to adjust for the calories. I think things are going really well.
That's me onbb curls too, those negatives will bring tears to your eyes... one of the most beneficial ways to get it done though...

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk if this has been answered but what class are you planning on competing in?

And do you know how much tickets to the show will be?

I live about 3 hours away from Houston so I could POSSIBLY make it out there depending on school and such.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I live about 3 hours away from Houston so I could POSSIBLY make it out there depending on school and such.
Ill be there for sure broham! Ill look today and see how much tickets are but I think they were like 25 last year.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Next year I should time my trip to see my brother-in-law in Houston (Kingwood) around this event!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Next year I should time my trip to see my brother-in-law in Houston (Kingwood) around this event!
Who knows man. Next year we still might have a Freak competing :hammer:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's me onbb curls too, those negatives will bring tears to your eyes... one of the most beneficial ways to get it done though...
Yeah, it was pretty intense, I really to get these arms up a little by the show.

That would be awesome! I think the tickets are $25 unless going to VIP tables. As far as the class if you mean weight class I would have to be a light heavy weight, I can't see myself coming in under 176 lbs or over 198. I will most likely do the Open and the Masters.

Ill be there for sure broham! Ill look today and see how much tickets are but I think they were like 25 last year.
Great, I can't wait! We need to get together at the Nationals in Dallas, I will be there, my cousin who lives in Dallas, and then Jeff (OnlyChevy6) are going to be there.

Definitely but Houston area has a lot of shows too so you could go to many of them.
Who knows man. Next year we still might have a Freak competing :hammer:
Yeah that would be awesome, I can definitely see you on the stage!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah... I was up all night last night and didn't get my leg workout in. I will have to try to squeeze it in tomorrow morning if I can. Having that Graduation Party for my son so the schedule is extremely tight right now. I am so ready for Saturday when this is over and the stress levels can go back to normal, and most of my time won't be dedicated to getting the house in check. Good news is that the painting and what not is going to be a permanent improvement made for a 1 day event. So I will get to appreciate all the work after the stress factor is gone.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys here for another update, workouts went well this past week even though I was feeling pretty rough. I was too busy to log all of it and too busy now to try to remember all of my workouts. Tonight is going to be a higher rep workout on legs and tomorrow will be a push day.

I was not feeling well at all this past week, but was still strong as a bull. Thank goodness for the wonderful IGNITE 2, or I would have never made it through the workouts. I just could not get in as much food as Matt wanted me too. I gave it my best shot but had some issues that just plain made me feel ill about halfway through my meals up until Friday. I am feeling better and will be able to hit my food targets this week thankfully.

On a good note I leaned up dramatically this week, dropping 3.5 lbs, some of which was glycogen and water. You can definitely see in my pictures that I made a huge dent in the fat / water that was on my body. The pictures don't really even justify how much leaner I look in person. I am really happy with the way things are going and hope that I can stick around this weight while leaning up as we go. Hopefully I can start my bridge soon and make that an easy possibility.

Here are the pictures to show the progress and baby I like what I see.

6-10-13 Progress Montage Relaxed 202.1 lbs post.jpg

Look at that ab definition coming in, WooHoo! You can even see them on my left side when turned and that is the one that is the least developed.
6-10-13 Progress Montage Flexed 202.1 lbs post.jpg

Chest really showing more definition even through all the hair. Back definitely more defined and Front Double by my lower chest fat is tucking up under my chest a lot more. I love how things are going in spite of 2 weeks of not feeling well at all.

Hopefully all is well from here on out and I don't have any more issues with not feeling well. My distractions at home are over also, see all of this illness was going on while preparing for my sons graduation party, painting the interior of the house and getting food together for 40 people at the party. He is graduated now and I am very proud and very relieved to be able to get back on an easier schedule with all of my workouts and food. Making time and arranging time for food & workouts has been a lot harder than I expected with all of that going on. I am not complaining I wouldn't give the experience up for the world but I am happy it is all over now too.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Back really showing more definition even through all the hair.
yep - errr, wait sorry got this confused with another log i was following :lol:

progress continues, now you're thru the blip..back on track
all is looking well my friend

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep - errr, wait sorry got this confused with another log i was following :lol:

progress continues, now you're thru the blip..back on track
all is looking well my friend
Hey now! lol

Lookin mean and lean Kleen

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kleen ... the change each week is above impressive.. damn...
Thanks! I was very happy to see after the chaos that was this week that I came out looking better on the other end. Now to see if we can hit a bit of recomp.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work Kleen!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Rick! Won't be long and things are really going to start popping. I can just see it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking Damn good. The shoulders on side relaxed show the improvement very well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah can see the corner is being turned now with those pics... so you're 18 weeks out now and I am 19. I start prep a week from Sunday.