KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh there will be man thongs! Just makes her a lil uncomfortable. LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Beast!!!!

Absolutely and now that the water cleared from the pizza I am looking much better, was feeling like I had stagnated a bit but looking at my abs after doing cardio a little bit ago they are far better than a week or two ago.
I seem to remember someone saying that's what would happen :)

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yes Sir! Definitely go time. Speaking of go time who had a damn good workout last night? This Guy!

Incline DB Bench 55x8, 85x8, 115x8, 120x7 up one rep from last time!

Heavy DB Side Raise Partials - 55x35, 55x35, 55x35 - Oh the burn especially the last set.

Pec Deck 4-4-2's - 105, 165, 180 - a 4-4-2 is a one arm at a time pec deck fly do 4 reps for each arm, 4 more reps each arm then 2 reps for each arm, that is one set. Doing it one at a time really allows a better ROM because you can reach farther across your chest.

Smith Machine Ultra-Wide Grip Upright Rows - 50x20, 70x15, 90x12 > 50x15 > bend over farther and did another 10 isolating rear delts even more.

Body Weight Dips - 50, 25, 12
DB Overhead Triceps Extensions 80x12, 80x10, 80x9>55x6 Was pretty awesome seeing the veins going all over the inside of my biceps wrapping under and around my triceps! Crazy pump too!

Man I looked like a FUGGIN MONSTAH!!!!! I mean I looked way big! Even some of the bigger dudes were eyeballing me like Damn that dude is big! Everything was pumped even things I wasn't directly working. Lats, biceps everything was full of blood. I don't typically workout at night but the guys who knew me all came up and said something about how big I looked and how lean I was getting. Some of the others were just kind of eyeballing me probably wondering what the fug I was doing with the partial side raises. They don't exactly look like they would be effective until you do them...

On another note, I have a few different veins going up into my lower abs. Skin is actually starting to show some of the loosening effects of weight loss. Which is both good and bad since it is starting to pool up a bit on the lower region it makes that area look a bit softer but I know it will thin out to almost being completely unnoticeable.

Coach and I are discussing my competitive options also. With money being tighter right now I may have to do a show that is about a month later, which will end up being a little more expensive to do but also would give me time to replenish my bank account. Hopefully I can just pull off the show here locally as it will allow my friends to support me and be less expensive.
AWESOME!! Great numbers btw. So excited for you Chris :)

Where da fukin nudes!?
This

lol. babe, I have to keep up with you dawg.. I am not going anywhere, I haven't invested this much time with you to give you away!! I love you mucho grande..
Love the support

Ahhh nothing like a little Inspiration my love.
It's so important

I can always keep you on lock down during this weekend. You look great, and you are going to do great. You are not far from where you need to be, but it is time to practice posing. But please, not in the mankini's.. I can't take it.. ;-)
Lol so much win!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why would she wear a man thong?!
Cuz she has big balls!
I seem to remember someone saying that's what would happen :)
Yes me too.
Lets just hope Kleen has his own thongs?!!! This sounds so wrong any way u try to say it!! Lol Great lifts Kleen you sir are a monster..
Thanks, giving it hell, and ya, I have my posers from last time. I haven't had a thong since I used to dance though...

He actually has VERY comfortable thongs!
I was wondering where they went. Don't worry I don't need them back now...
AWESOME!! Great numbers btw. So excited for you Chris :)

Lol so much win!
She is pretty funny isn't she! Thanks on the numbers I was really impressed with them too especially for right now.
1-androsterone and androsterone aren't the same thing. Just like testosterone and 1-testosterone aren't.

I don't contribute to prohormoneDB. And please don't use me as a weapon in arguments.
Hello HenryV, thanks for popping in, hope you follow along!

Okay, now for a quick update on the lift.

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Rows Neutral Grip 1 arm at a time 1 second squeeze at top- 45x10, 90x10, 135x10, 160x10 - man that last one was a beast! I was pulling so hard to complete it I got a small cramp in my hip from stabilizing.

Body Weight Chins - 5 sets of 8 for 40 reps - this was the first time in a long time I did chins, they were all full ROM I wasn't sure if I would make it to 40 in 5 sets but gave it my all. Goal was 40 reps total no matter how many sets. Back and Biceps were both mega pumped after this.

Wide Grip Seated Machine Rows - 165x10, 190x10, 190x10 - got a nice stretch with each rep, kept movement completely under control and got a great contraction with a slight pause at the peak of the contraction.

Straight Arm Lat Pull Downs - 75x12, 90x10, 90x10 - the last 2 sets had me working very hard to complete them, had major burn in outer lats and abs were nice and tight when I finished too.

DB Cross Body Curls - 20x12, 45x10, 50x10, 50x10 - I really had to fight on that last set to get 10, felt great and was heavier than my last couple attempts.

Preacher Curls - 95x10, 95x10, 95x7 - talk about some toasty biceps, they were already pretty thrashed from the chins so this really just put it to them.

Incline DB Curls 3 second negatives- 25x10, 25x10, 25x6
- biceps were just completely done. Nothing left, I could barely even move them at all when attempting a 7th rep.

Was looking wide and arms looking thick when this was over. Even by the time I got to work my biceps were still pumped and tight. Abdomen area tightens up daily and my legs are getting more vascular, things seem to be going really well right now. Nudes this week should show some obvious improvements.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just glad you're back on track and feeling good again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just glad you're back on track and feeling good again.
Thanks! It feels pretty good to be lifting hard after last weekend. I did however find out my Dad is going to have to have Open Heart Surgery, a triple bypass maybe tomorrow or Monday. The hits just keep coming...

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! It feels pretty good to be lifting hard after last weekend. I did however find out my Dad is going to have to have Open Heart Surgery, a triple bypass maybe tomorrow or Monday. The hits just keep coming...
Sorry to hear about your dad, bro. My heart goes out to you as I've had a couple scares with my old man. But I imagine since he's YOUR dad, he's strong as an ox and will recover great!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear brother. A good friend of mibe whos dad is actually almost as close to me as my own is going through the same thing right now. And he just turned 50. Friday night he went down at a football game and had to be revived en route to the hospital they were hoping to go in and just do stents (sp?) Turns out it was much worse than they thought and long story short hes scheduled for a quad bypass tomorrow morning. Feel for ya bro.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Damn man that sucks. Hope it all turns out ok for him! As 1ifeblood said if he spawned the beast that is kleen I'm sure he's as strong as they come!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My prayers to your families for a speedy recovery.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man that's a tough one. Surgery has come a long way for this kind of thing though. Prayer helps and we will be adding him to ours.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Guys, did a lil squatting today 305 for reps, got 16, not too bad for prep and low carb. I haven't squatted in about 6 weeks so pretty happy with it. Oh yeah body weight this morning 207.9...

[video=youtube_share;DxlqeEaqYac]http://youtu.be/DxlqeEaqYac[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way thanks to everyone who wished my father well! Means a lot!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope everything goes well with that surgery brother. My dad has a lot of medical issues so I know how rough that can be. He's at the point now where there is a large cyst on his pancreas and it will most like burst and kill him if they operate. Pretty much told him it will kill him within 2 years if no operation. If he does have it operated on and survives it he may make it 3-4 years...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way can't wait for these damn nudes!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's with the tampon on the bar?

Other than the sissy pad that was some solid squatting!
LMAO! Hey I am a sissy... I don't like the welt I get from the bar. It swells and itches for hours so just not my cup of tea. Thanks though regarding the actual squats.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope everything goes well with that surgery brother. My dad has a lot of medical issues so I know how rough that can be. He's at the point now where there is a large cyst on his pancreas and it will most like burst and kill him if they operate. Pretty much told him it will kill him within 2 years if no operation. If he does have it operated on and survives it he may make it 3-4 years...
Yeah that is one of those crazy choices. Hope no matter what is decided it goes well.

Yeah I am thinking the nudes will be good. I am bigger and leaner!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that is one of those crazy choices. Hope no matter what is decided it goes well.

Yeah I am thinking the nudes will be good. I am bigger and leaner!
Big AND lean...mmmmmmmm

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope everything is ok Chris.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
How are things going Chris! Praying for you and your family!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys, sorry I had a planned trip and just kind of unplugged from everything to decompress a bit.

Before we left for the trip Jo and I decided that the show in November was going to be better for us money wise, however even then it is going to be very hard to manage if at all. I am in a flux at this point. I will more than likely try to do the show but basically have to sit down with the wife with all the numbers and see if it is even doable now. If not then I will find one early next year to do which is not something I want to do but something that may be better for me financially. I am having a hard time with the knowledge that if I do this I am basically sacrificing some of my kids Christmas for the show and that is a very unsettling thought for me at the moment.

Admittedly I decided to eat a bit freely this weekend, just kind of had a momentary breakdown to be honest. With everything that has been tossed at me the past few weeks I just took the weekend off from dieting all together. A mental vacation I guess you could say.

I filled up to a ridiculously huge 223.3 in 3 days of free eating from a pretty lean 207.9, even with the low cals. I was still gaining size with the addition of the 60mgs DMZ. Stuff is no joke... I have already dropped like 8 lbs of the water just yesterday and should be right back on track after tomorrow since this morning my abs have cleaned up quite a bit, just dropping water back off now. Funny what having some good pizza can do to you. Sure there were other things but the bulk of it was pizza...

Yesterday I hit up Chest/Shoulders/Triceps had a great workout, pump was absolutely ridiculous, I mean PAINFUL! Yeah it was just that intense, I was already so full I just didn't have room to swell any more and things got painful.
_9-3-13 workout.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do waht you need to do Chris, family comes first.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I agree family first, I would love to train to compete but with 2 little boys no way an I going to take time away from them to do it.. Follow what your heart is telling you we will all support you either way..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Doug!
I agree family first, I would love to train to compete but with 2 little boys no way an I going to take time away from them to do it.. Follow what your heart is telling you we will all support you either way..
Much appreciated Caz! Only problem is my heart is telling me two things, one is do the contest regardless since I have put so much into prep already. The other part that is the selfless husband and father says... Dude what are you thinking? You can't do this without putting unnecessary monetary strain on the entire family. The thought of not doing it makes me feel like a quitter and the thought of choosing to do it knowing the stress it will cause the household makes me feel selfish. Obviously I don't want to feel either way, and am just frustrated that I had not already paid for this stuff up front...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seeing daddy on stage would be s present my kids would enjoy more then any gift I could get them. Kids think of their parents as the best of the best. I'm sure if you did the show and they got to see you it would make them extremely proud of their dad ripping it up on stage. Tuff decision my friend.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Much appreciated Caz! Only problem is my heart is telling me two things, one is do the contest regardless since I have put so much into prep already. The other part that is the selfless husband and father says... Dude what are you thinking? You can't do this without putting unnecessary monetary strain on the entire family. The thought of not doing it makes me feel like a quitter and the thought of choosing to do it knowing the stress it will cause the household makes me feel selfish. Obviously I don't want to feel either way, and am just frustrated that I had not already paid for this stuff up front...[/QUOTE]

Babe i respect what your feeling, and feel bad for you. We have taken on a lot of new priorities, and I love you for being as honest here are you can. I want you to do the show, but we will have to see what comes up, and can chat later. I am proud of for continuing to hit the gym, and kill it every time.

Seeing daddy on stage would be s present my kids would enjoy more then any gift I could get them. Kids think of their parents as the best of the best. I'm sure if you did the show and they got to see you it would make them extremely proud of their dad ripping it up on stage. Tuff decision my friend.
Montego - that would be a great thing for you, but our 9 year old little girl who loves her dad, will expect presents rather than see dear dad on stage, regardless of how much she WANTS/DYING to see him.. The boys on the other hand, slap them a hundred or 2 and they are solid, but the girl.. I do not thing that would be a present to her, and she would totally NOT appreciate it. lol.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My kids would definitely have a hard time accepting daddy on stage as a Christmas present. They would think it was cool and exciting, but not at the expense of getting better gifts. Are they spoiled? You bet! But they're GOOD kids who bust their butts in school and are kind and respectful of others. As far as I'm concerned they deserve to be spoiled, especially at Christmas. Its the most exciting time of year for kids and parents both, who wouldn't want to make it everything they dream of? Here's the thing, Chris... just because you don't do the show doesn't mean you've quit or that what you've worked hard for is for nothing. You can still grow and develop yourself for as long as you need to, but special moments with your kids only last so long. Before you know it, those moments will be gone and you'll wish you could have them back. So I say compete if it fits in the budget, but definitely don't take away from the kids. Because if you're the kind of guy I'm sure you are, you'll hate yourself for it later.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My kids get coal this year. daddy needs a new pair of lifting shoes! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes a tough decision and my daughter insists on seeing Daddy compete when I do it again. Also a part of the consideration, do this one and maybe she can go maybe not, or do another one later that she can definitely go see.
Much appreciated Caz! Only problem is my heart is telling me two things, one is do the contest regardless since I have put so much into prep already. The other part that is the selfless husband and father says... Dude what are you thinking? You can't do this without putting unnecessary monetary strain on the entire family. The thought of not doing it makes me feel like a quitter and the thought of choosing to do it knowing the stress it will cause the household makes me feel selfish. Obviously I don't want to feel either way, and am just frustrated that I had not already paid for this stuff up front...
Babe i respect what your feeling, and feel bad for you. We have taken on a lot of new priorities, and I love you for being as honest here are you can. I want you to do the show, but we will have to see what comes up, and can chat later. I am proud of for continuing to hit the gym, and kill it every time.

Montego - that would be a great thing for you, but our 9 year old little girl who loves her dad, will expect presents rather than see dear dad on stage, regardless of how much she WANTS/DYING to see him.. The boys on the other hand, slap them a hundred or 2 and they are solid, but the girl.. I do not thing that would be a present to her, and she would totally NOT appreciate it. lol.[/QUOTE]
Such true words my love, Trinity won't be happy with less presents and won't be happy if she can not go see the contest either. Talk about a catch22.
My kids would definitely have a hard time accepting daddy on stage as a Christmas present. They would think it was cool and exciting, but not at the expense of getting better gifts. Are they spoiled? You bet! But they're GOOD kids who bust their butts in school and are kind and respectful of others. As far as I'm concerned they deserve to be spoiled, especially at Christmas. Its the most exciting time of year for kids and parents both, who wouldn't want to make it everything they dream of? Here's the thing, Chris... just because you don't do the show doesn't mean you've quit or that what you've worked hard for is for nothing. You can still grow and develop yourself for as long as you need to, but special moments with your kids only last so long. Before you know it, those moments will be gone and you'll wish you could have them back. So I say compete if it fits in the budget, but definitely don't take away from the kids. Because if you're the kind of guy I'm sure you are, you'll hate yourself for it later.
Precisely where I am right now. Worst case scenario I get in really good shape then have to do one later if things don't work out. Definitely going to keep working towards the show for now regardless.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only try to be the father you are....tuff decision, but I think you made the right choice....inspirational as always;)

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Yes a tough decision and my daughter insists on seeing Daddy compete when I do it again. Also a part of the consideration, do this one and maybe she can go maybe not, or do another one later that she can definitely go see.

Montego - that would be a great thing for you, but our 9 year old little girl who loves her dad, will expect presents rather than see dear dad on stage, regardless of how much she WANTS/DYING to see him.. The boys on the other hand, slap them a hundred or 2 and they are solid, but the girl.. I do not thing that would be a present to her, and she would totally NOT appreciate it. lol.
Such true words my love, Trinity won't be happy with less presents and won't be happy if she can not go see the contest either. Talk about a catch22.

Not that she wouldn't want to see you, and I hope that did not sound bad..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday in the books some decent cardio but my shins got to pumping pretty badly during my walk... I had push through the pump to manage to walk back from about a mile out the pump was pretty bad. Again today I woke up looking better than yesterday. Even though I do get some carbs in today I think I should continue to see this trend of leaning up and cleaning up.

Tonight I go in and work on back and biceps, should be a good lift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kill it Kleen.

Shin pumps from the ph?
Yeah the DMZ is known to cause shin, calf and back pumps. Since I am on a pretty high dose it was inevitable that I got a few. They can be disruptive especially to cardio, but the back pumps can be avoided via exercise selection a lot of the time. Not so much with cardio, as any cardio pretty much puts repetitive stress on the calves so cardio can be a little bit of a biatch at times. I have had times where I couldn't even do cardio while on. Then again on the same note the time I couldn't do cardio was also the same time I hit 225x23 on bench so the benefits outweighed the inconvenience at that point!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you don't mind me asking what other compounds have presented this issue? I ask because when on Epistane/Trenazone I could no longer run in the morning. Shin/Calf pumps were far to painful.

Sweet bench numbers...