Kleen's comeback! Bringing the Heat with Lipodrene Elite! (Sponsored)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, my daughter is also very quick. She likes to bang when she spars, I keep trying to get her interested in MMA training. She said she would like it but would feellike she was betraying the school she got her black belt from. I keep trying to tell her life is about personal advancement and she can not hold herself back out of loyalty to a business. However she plans o staying there untils she is 16 so she can work there as an Instructor. She is already teaching classes.
That is pretty awesome. got to be a proud Dad.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good Morning, so last night was a simple blood flow type of workout. I got home and originally planned on doing some leg work but when I reached back into my car to grab my bag a muscle tightened up across the outside of my hip, and it did not feel good at all. After that the muscle wouldn't relax so it felt like I was in a deep stretch but only in that small muscle. So I warmed up hoping it would loosen up more. Once I realized it wasn't going to let go I just decided to do a quick blood flow session for my shoulders, triceps and biceps.

I did 5 sets with 20lb DB's x SubMax reps 2-3 in tank -20-30 rep range, no rest between movements or rounds...
DB Side Raises xSM
French Curl Bar Curls xSM
OH DB Triceps Ext xSM

5 sets x SubMax Reps 2-3 left in tank - 20-30 rep range, no rest between movements or rounds
Plate Curls - x SM
Rear Delt Raise xSM
Rope Triceps Extensions xSM

I went back in the house pumped to the gills and ready for some food. For dinner I had 1lb bone in Strip Steak, 1 cup prepared macaroni and cheese and a can of spinach. I decided to go higher fat and lower carb on this one due to not lifting legs. Otherwise I would have had some lower fat option carbs. I woke up looking tighter this morning too. So all in all very happy. Also happy with the frequency that I have managed to keep up.

Tonight the plan is to get back out there and do some SQUATZ!!!!! Trinity is coming out too and will be working on her bench press tonight. So it is perfect for me to load up the SSB on the other side of the garage then we can do I go, you go type sets. I may very likely just focus on squats for this workout and then do some accessory leg work later this week. We shall see. Other than squats I don't have tons of options at the house. My Leg Press only goes to 440, and I have no leg curl apparatus. Not a good one anyway. Leg Extensions feel a bit on on the machine I have but I use it. So maybe some sled work at the end dragging both forward and backwards would be a nice finisher.

Trinity will more than likely stop her workout about 30-45 minutes in which is fine. She gets a lot of PT at Karate Camp every day, and is also on the Dance Team so she has to practice as well. I have basically just been having her do the main lift then some GPP type stuff. No reason to beat her down with the other lifts right now. I want her to enjoy it and then want to do more. Not start out with too much and end up disliking it.
The joy of getting older. i went to pull a weed in the yard the other day going to my car, and got a lower back spasm.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Father/daughter picture! Need to capture this moment in time!
Definitely will have to do that.
That is pretty awesome. got to be a proud Dad.
Yeah I think she is pretty awesome!!!
The joy of getting older. i went to pull a weed in the yard the other day going to my car, and got a lower back spasm.
Gotta love it, but as a result we get to be tough old men!

Last night I got home and my daughter had not completed her chores. So she had to complete them and was not able to train with me. I was really looking forward to our session too. Then as I was getting changed to workout the wife came up behind me and gave me a big long hug and started tearing up a little. I asked what was wrong and she just said she was lucky to have me and didn't know why she was tearing up. It was at that point I decided to stay in the house and spend some time with her. I haven't taken a day off from exercise in 5 days so I decided to prioritize her since she was obviously in need of some quality time with me. I am happy I did though. I needed a little bit of rest and she needed a little bit of my attention. It was good for both of us to take that time.

So tonight I will be lifting legs with the daughter. I am really looking forward to it! Like I said most o my workout will be squats. Maybe a couple different forms of them, who knows but definitely squats!!!!

Physique-wise I feel like things are still moving in the right direction. I just notice a little bit more tightening up every once in a while. My waist circumference is definitely shrinking from visceral fat loss. Shouldn't be too long before the definition in my abdomen starts to improve more. It is cleaning up on the sides and the line at the top center of them is getting deeper so one of these weeks I will probably go from almost having abs to them being decently visible. I love how the leaner you get the less weight loss it takes to notice the changes.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excellent progress Chris! Just as I expected!
Smart choice with your wife! Time well spent for sure and even works out to be able to train with your daughter too!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent progress Chris! Just as I expected!
Smart choice with your wife! Time well spent for sure and even works out to be able to train with your daughter too!!
Thanks Kat, and yeah it was the right decision on both accounts. Since I am working legs today I am going to increase my carbs a bit in the earlier meals too. I want to get a really good one in with lots of energy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit up squats tonight and Trinity did 5x5 bench with the bar. Just really working on perfecting the groove and adding volume at first. May just add reps or add a set but first I want to see that bar path look the same every rep!

Ass to ankles SSB squats 3 sets just bar x 20
155x10, 175x10, 205x8, 245x6 265x6, 285x6, 295x3, 315x3, 335x3, 355x3, 375x2, 245x16

That was it I was done! My shirt was soaked and I was dripping sweat.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Hit up squats tonight and Trinity did 5x5 bench with the bar. Just really working on perfecting the groove and adding volume at first. May just add reps or add a set but first I want to see that bar path look the same every rep!

Ass to ankles SSB squats 3 sets just bar x 20
155x10, 175x10, 205x8, 245x6 265x6, 285x6, 295x3, 315x3, 335x3, 355x3, 375x2, 245x16

That was it I was done! My shirt was soaked and I was dripping sweat.
Very jelly on the squats - solid work!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very jelly on the squats - solid work!
Thanks! That high rep set at the end was brutal. I was hoping for a Widow Maker 20 rep set but at rep 16 when I locked out I lost a little stability so form was in question and I wasn't going to push it. I had already rest paused twice just holding the weight so that buckling was just letting me know I was done!

I was doing some tempo stuff on the earlier sets hitting some slower negatives and or doing some pauses in the bottom. Just finding ways to make each set feel heavier, but the pushing was explosive from the hole from 245 on up. Felt pretty good.

I can already feel my legs letting me know they got a good workout in. I am not sure if I will get sore. I have done this for so long it takes a lot for me to get sore once I am accustomed to lifting again. I tend to get a touch of DOMS. Now sometimes when changing plans to something extremely different it will crush me and I always get sore to some extent if doing something like GVT.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did 75 minutes of LISS for lunch today. I had a little "unapproved overtime" that I needed to burn off so I clocked out and got dressed then did 75 minutes fast walking up and down hills, got myself dripping and kept the pace enough that I was actually breathing pretty heavily. It was nice and hot out there too!!!! I think if I can get myself back into going out for lunch that the fat is going to really come off a bit faster. At least twice a week will make a pretty big difference. This is the first real cardio I have done this week as opposed to 2 or three the week before.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was hot as **** out there today.
Yeah it was! I sweat for over an hour after I got changed. Just enough to be damp not dripping. I am wore out now though and a little bit pink from the sun. I was thinking about going for a bike ride earlier but that was before that heat took its toll on me. I think 75 minutes LISS is enough for today. My legs are nice and sore from squats. Not bad but noticeable.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Yeah it was! I sweat for over an hour after I got changed. Just enough to be damp not dripping. I am wore out now though and a little bit pink from the sun. I was thinking about going for a bike ride earlier but that was before that heat took its toll on me. I think 75 minutes LISS is enough for today. My legs are nice and sore from squats. Not bad but noticeable.
I need to get some cardio back into my life. For whatever reason spending an hour in the gym 4 times a week is a cakewalk but steping on the treadmill for even 15 minutes seems like mental torture lol.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I need to get some cardio back into my life. For whatever reason spending an hour in the gym 4 times a week is a cakewalk but steping on the treadmill for even 15 minutes seems like mental torture lol.
I hear ya

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya
No doubt Gentlemen! I am still in the process of prioritizing it. Right now getting in the lifting is the main focus, but introducing cardio more and more.

Okay so for this weekends update, yes I know it is a bit late. I weighed in Saturday morning and was happy to see 206 on the scale so down another pound. However Sunday was a planned free meal for me and I had pizza, and a couple CoronaRita's AKA Frozen Margarita with a corona turned upside down in it. I love those things! Unfortunately they are probably 1000 cals a piece.

I took Trinity with me to the gym and we did some Deadlifts this weekend. I did 8 sets working up to 455, and she did 8 sets working up to 115x5. Very impressed with her work!!!

Dead Lifts with Daddy's Girl!!!
Me - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5, 385x5, 405x5 455x3
Trinity - 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 115x1, 85x5, 95x5, 105x5, 115x5
- she is going to be a beast within 6 months just watch!!!!

[video=youtube;IitNgv5Oes0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IitNgv5Oes0[/video]

Wide Grip Pull Downs x3 sets RPE8 between 10-20 reps
Neutral Grip Pull Downs x3 sets RPE8 between 10-20 reps
Close Grip Pull Downs x3 sets RPE8 between 10-20 reps
Hammer Strength Rows x3 sets RPE8 between 10-20 reps
Barbell Curls - x5 sets RPE9 between 5-12 reps

Trinity - did 4 sets of pull downs, rows, and curls each and we called it a day! I am so proud of her and the work she is putting in now!!!!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
So cool. I have actually wanted to name my daughter when I have on Trinity ever since I was a kid. It's so nice to see families working out together. Starting her off young. She will thank you for it later.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2654.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome Job!
I will let her know.
So cool. I have actually wanted to name my daughter when I have on Trinity ever since I was a kid. It's so nice to see families working out together. Starting her off young. She will thank you for it later.
Yeah, and she has wanted to do a Powerlifting meet with me since I did one last year and she got to come see it. I told her if she trains consistently we can plan on doing one sometime next year. I probably won't peak for it myself since I was planning on doing a show next year, but do it with her anyway for the experience. Of course if my shoulder holds up I will go all out anyway. If so my focus will be on Deadlifts and Squats more than bench.
No doubt, and she was the same way. Did you see the pouting lip when she thought I wasn't going to let her finish the set because I saw her lower back round a tiny bit. She nailed the ones after it so I let her finish. I have a watchful eye on her. Train her right so she has it down and has it in her head that when form gives even a tiny bit due to fatigue you stop immediately. I will teach her the art of grinding a rep out later.

Last night was a relatively truncated workout. My back and hamstrings were still feeling the dead lifts, that was my first session that I went over 365 in many months. I hadn't really picked the deads back up when I did the rest of it. It is just such a demanding lift I had to get myself ready for it first. Trinity and my Bench and Squat days are separate so we are not spending tons of time changing weights. The I go, you go with coaching in between lengthens our workouts a bit already and changing the weight so much every time would take forever. I will say that it is really fun to be doing it with her. I wanted one of my boys to want to lift with me forever. Neither of them ever really got into it but she seems to like it. Plus she loves Daddy's approval.

Anyway on to the short but simple workouts.

Me - SSB Squats - Work up until you fail to hit 10 reps @ RPE8
155x12, 205x12, 245x10, 265x10, 285x10, 305x7
the last rep on 305 was definitely @ RPE8-8.5 it hit me like a ton of bricks. These higher rep sets are a lot more fatiguing than doing 3-5 rep sets!

Trinity - Flat Bench Press - 45x5, 45x5, 45x5, 50x5, 50x5, 50x5 - she is doing really well here, small pause at the bottom of every rep then punching the bar back up toward my mouth. Her cue is punch me in the mouth with it. So each rep I tell her Punch! I line myself up with my mouth where the bar should end up if she is tracking in the right path. That visual cue has her reps very consistent already. If I had to guess I would say the last 2-3 sets were around an RPE8.

After that we went on a bike ride for about 20-30 minutes for a little cardio. We had some fun with it, and made it kind of like a little race. She tried to stay ahead of me and I stayed with her to push the pace for us. Made it both more fun and more intense. Sometimes you just have to play too!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
:fing02:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So speaking of appetite suppression, Trinity normally gets up and makes our scrambled eggs but today she slept in and I didn't have them when I got to work to eat. Now I got busy and forgot to eat breakfast. Well lunchtime came around and I didn't even realize I hadn't eaten yet. I decided to go out for an hour of LISS to burn off a lil fat. I got back and intended to eat then but was too hot and wanted to wait a few minutes.

So now, here I sit @4:53 PM, realizing that I am getting hungry and then realized, no wonder moron, you have not have ANYTHING TO EAT TODAY!!!! So those are some pretty big props on the appetite suppression. I am actually tempted to just make today a complete day of fasting and not eat until breakfast. However when the rest of the 2nd pill wears off I should be pretty much starving so that probably won't happen. Instead I will at the very least keep it low carb. Maybe crush some large piece of meat, run by Kroger and see what kind of big steak they have in the discount bin. :)

Either way I did do an hour of LISS today, brisk walking up and down hills in multiple directions. Had a great sweat going and was breathing relatively heavy the whole time.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Love the app suppression...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love the app suppression...
No doubt, but you really have to pay attention when busy or you will definitely miss a meal or two...

I ended up having dinner around 8:00PM last night, it worked out well because that was the same time I had my last meal the day before. I had some chicken stir fry with double chicken, and a 1/2 cup of rice. Estimated macros 55-65p, 20-25f and 40-50c so at my best estimation that is between 560 - 685 calories for the day. It wasn't the goal but 24 hours of fasting is something I have done several times intentionally. Lots of of benefits to fasting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just got the call from the caregiver watching my Mother In Law, she started running fever again the day after we got her home so she went to the urgent care clinic and they sent her back to the hospital saying there is no way she should have a fever and that she needed to have tests run. So it looks like she is going to be back in the hospital for at least a little bit.

Having a hell of a time with this situation and can't really seem to get a break... gotta keep my head up tho!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got the call from the caregiver watching my Mother In Law, she started running fever again the day after we got her home so she went to the urgent care clinic and they sent her back to the hospital saying there is no way she should have a fever and that she needed to have tests run. So it looks like she is going to be back in the hospital for at least a little bit.

Having a hell of a time with this situation and can't really seem to get a break... gotta keep my head up tho!!!
That just sucks! hope they can figure this out.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
So speaking of appetite suppression, Trinity normally gets up and makes our scrambled eggs but today she slept in and I didn't have them when I got to work to eat. Now I got busy and forgot to eat breakfast. Well lunchtime came around and I didn't even realize I hadn't eaten yet. I decided to go out for an hour of LISS to burn off a lil fat. I got back and intended to eat then but was too hot and wanted to wait a few minutes.

So now, here I sit @4:53 PM, realizing that I am getting hungry and then realized, no wonder moron, you have not have ANYTHING TO EAT TODAY!!!! So those are some pretty big props on the appetite suppression. I am actually tempted to just make today a complete day of fasting and not eat until breakfast. However when the rest of the 2nd pill wears off I should be pretty much starving so that probably won't happen. Instead I will at the very least keep it low carb. Maybe crush some large piece of meat, run by Kroger and see what kind of big steak they have in the discount bin. :)

Either way I did do an hour of LISS today, brisk walking up and down hills in multiple directions. Had a great sweat going and was breathing relatively heavy the whole time.
I had a similar experience of "accidental fasting". Tuesday my wife had surgery, so the day started at 4:30 AM for us. We did not get home from the hospital until after 3 PM. the only "food" I had was a cup of coffee in the surgery waiting room. albeit I added a coffeemate and sugar packet to it, it was waiting room coffee after all, so it needed something to mask the taste. I did not really feel that hungry either. The experience seems to have "reset" my appetite too. Yesterday and today it was almost 11 AM before I finally had breakfast, and then only because my brain was telling me that I needed to eat something, not because I was hungry. On both occasions my stomach was rumbling, but I wasn't hungry.

Although that is not 100% accurate that I was strictly fasting, since I do start off my morning with a triple-espresso latte, but I only use a small amount of milk, as much, or even a little less, milk than there is esspresso, and almost no sweetener (but I do use some white chocolate syrup, 1/2 pump, compared to the 4 pumps that Starbucks uses of the same syrup).

What is the "right" way to fast? or at least intermittent fasting? I am thinking of seeing how far I can go tomorrow w/o food.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had a similar experience of "accidental fasting". Tuesday my wife had surgery, so the day started at 4:30 AM for us. We did not get home from the hospital until after 3 PM. the only "food" I had was a cup of coffee in the surgery waiting room. albeit I added a coffeemate and sugar packet to it, it was waiting room coffee after all, so it needed something to mask the taste. I did not really feel that hungry either. The experience seems to have "reset" my appetite too. Yesterday and today it was almost 11 AM before I finally had breakfast, and then only because my brain was telling me that I needed to eat something, not because I was hungry. On both occasions my stomach was rumbling, but I wasn't hungry.

Although that is not 100% accurate that I was strictly fasting, since I do start off my morning with a triple-espresso latte, but I only use a small amount of milk, as much, or even a little less, milk than there is esspresso, and almost no sweetener (but I do use some white chocolate syrup, 1/2 pump, compared to the 4 pumps that Starbucks uses of the same syrup).

What is the "right" way to fast? or at least intermittent fasting? I am thinking of seeing how far I can go tomorrow w/o food.
The "Best" way for someone trying to add or at least maintain muscle while leaning up is the Lean Gains Protocol, which is fasting 16 hours out of the day and getting in all of your calories in an 8 hour feeding window. I did hti for a few years and often go back to it for the convenience and or to increase insulin sensitivity. I am actually contemplating using an IF style diet for the rest of this log as it keeps things convenient for me and makes my mornings pretty easy.

I actually enjoyed how I felt and how active I was yesterday so I decided to do it again today and am just now breaking my fast with 6oz turkey breast and 6 oz lean cut brisket and two orders of cucumber salad. Keeping carbs low, opted for brisket to increase fat content, and added the turkey for higher protein. I will have a protein shake and some rice cereal with fruit in it just before I leave work and then take my pre workout and get a good workout in. Tonight should be a fun one. Will be doing upper body push work. I may finish it off with some prowler pushes / sled drags / or carries, perhaps even a complex with some or all of them.

As far as optimal though, it really depends, I had extremely good results when I was doing Build & Burn dieting as I called it. Basically on Lifting or Building days I would eat in a nice surplus and on Burn days I would do an extended fast typically fasting between 20-24 hours. Cals were around 3500 on build days and 600-1800 for burn days. In 8 weeks I gained a decent amount of muscle and leaned up drastically. Now I was running 30mg epistane and 20mg and Osta at the time but I have gotten amazing results doing that on and off cycle. I just grew more being on cycle obviously.

This was the result of the 8 week cycle starting at 204 and ending up at 209 eating IF style which everyone says you can't grow on...

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I definitely feel better when I IF...mental sharpness so much better

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

damn right you gotta keep your head up...we are old school, have to be a rock for the family!!!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

KEEP That head up! These things have a way of working themsleves out. Just remember being stressed about it doesnt do anyone any good.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn right you gotta keep your head up...we are old school, have to be a rock for the family!!!
We are the STRONG! Supporting the WEAK is what WE do. Make sure you use other members of your family as well to help. Taking care of family is the responsibility of ALL family members, young included.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I definitely feel better when I IF...mental sharpness so much better
I do to, but it took a while to figure out that I needed more fats when I run it otherwise I get acid reflux from the high volume of food at once.
Agreed! We were lucky they decided to give her some more antibiotics and sent her home. Apparently she has another UTI and the anti-biotics she was on was for a different type of infection. So they gave her some macrobid I think that is how you spell it but it is specialized for UTI's and whatnot.
KEEP That head up! These things have a way of working themsleves out. Just remember being stressed about it doesnt do anyone any good.
No, it sure doesn't and I handle that type of thing pretty well. My wife on the other hand is high strung, with high anxiety and a touch of OCD. So all of this change, and emergency situations get her emotionally unstable. That creates a whole new situation that is actually more stressful. I can deal with the issues her mother is going through but the issues that stem from it with they wife's stress and worry levels is the crux of it all.

We are the STRONG! Supporting the WEAK is what WE do. Make sure you use other members of your family as well to help. Taking care of family is the responsibility of ALL family members, young included.
DEFINITELY!!!! I tried to do everything myself before to keep Jo's stress levels down. This time around I have let Jo know she is going to be doing more, and the kids as well. I also spoke with Mom and explained that we were going on a bartering system when it comes to what all gets done.

Speaking of not taking things on I don't need to. She decided since she is home she didn't want to do any of her exercises and or therapy work. Since the dementia is gone and she can understand things now, I told her that from now on we will match the level of accommodations we make to improve her quality of life with the level of effort she puts into having a better life. That if she wasn't going to try to get stronger and take care of herself we were not going to go out of our way to do everything for her and spoil her for choosing to become an invalid. That choosing to do less indeed meant choosing to do less. She wants to go on outings and trips to see a bunch of stuff but doesn't want to do the work to get stronger and make it easier for us to do for her. So I told her she had to work to earn doing all of that and if she didn't want to then we wouldn't be able to do those things with her.

I hate setting up an ultimatum for this stuff but this was the original deal when she came to live here. She had to agree she was not going to just give up on life and expect us to do everything for her while she waits to die. I told them in the first place that if that was the plan everyone would be better off if she went to a home. Children do not need to have the example of someone who has given up on life and refuses to try and make their life better. It is just a bad example I refuse to allow to be set in my home. NO VICTIMS ALLOWED!

We Tucker's are fighters and all family who lives in my house lives by Tucker rules. Things had gotten a little contentious with her the last month before she got sick because she didn't want to work, she only wanted to watch TV and kept refusing to do anything for herself even though she was capable. I wasn't going to argue to get her to do stuff so this time. She has a clear head now, so I just let her know that she has the choice. Do the work to improve your life, and we will do everything we can to improve your quality of life. Choose not to try to improve it and we will honor that choice by doing the same. I told her we won't cater to those who do not make any effort when they are capable of doing so. If she honestly wasn't capable I wouldn't have a problem doing everything for her and catering to all her needs but that isn't the case, and while she is capable she needs to help us as much as possible.

Good news is she got the message and has actually been doing her exercises with her caregiver during the day the last two days, well not yesterday, they were in the hospital. She has also been getting up now to get her water, and even to assist with making some of her meals. So even though I felt like a mean person giving her the ultimatum, it worked and she is putting in the effort now. I think as a thank you to her for stepping up we are going to take her out to the Kemah Boardwalk this weekend. She will love that.

Anyway, enough of that, just happy she is able to stay home and be medicated and that she seems to be willing to try now after our conversation.

Chest / Shoulders / Triceps

Flat Bench with Slingshot - Bar x20, 65x15, 90x15, 135x12, 155x10, 185x10, 225x10, 245x8, 265x6, 275x3, 275x3, 275x3, 275x5
- The last set I got someone to spot me and pushed out 2 extra reps knowing someone was there to help keep me safe. This outing was a massive improvement over my bench workout where I topped out at 265 for one set and here I hit 4 sets at 275.

Vertical Chest Press Machine - full stack 2 sets to failure 14&11

Dip Machine - full stack x2 sets to failure, 2 sets 225 to failure, reps in 13-8 range

Seated Shoulder Press Machine - 120x 4 sets @ RPE9 reps ranged from 13 down to 7 reps

SuperSet - No resting
Straight Arm Pec Deck - 120 x failure x 4 sets - Reps between 20-8
Side Raise Machine 70x failure x 2 sets, 50x failure x 2 sets

Triceps Cable Extension - 120 x 4 sets to RPE9 Reps between 20-8

I was pumped to the gills by the end of this one. My triceps were hanging out from under my rear delts like big slabs of meat! My shoulder was a bit sensitive by the time I got home but felt better when I woke up even without any kind of anti-inflammatory or icing. I didn't want to cheat the recovery by preventing inflammation so I waited. I am going to ice it here shortly though just to keep it nice and healthy. I don't ice things or take anti-inflammatory stuff right after working them out. I want to make sure I get all the signalling for recovery first.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed! We were lucky they decided to give her some more antibiotics and sent her home. Apparently she has another UTI and the anti-biotics she was on was for a different type of infection. So they gave her some macrobid I think that is how you spell it but it is specialized for UTI's and whatnot.
Please google D-Mannose and UTI. I swear that is the cure, using it on family and friends with 100% success.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Please google D-Mannose and UTI. I swear that is the cure, using it on family and friends with 100% success.
Thanks, will do, JoAnn also tends to get UTI's so will definitely look into it!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, will do, JoAnn also tends to get UTI's so will definitely look into it!
my wife picked one up from surgery (this week) and the family advice was cranberry pills (over the cranberry juice that can cause kidney stones). My mom said it was recommended to her by her urologist.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
The "Best" way for someone trying to add or at least maintain muscle while leaning up is the Lean Gains Protocol, which is fasting 16 hours out of the day and getting in all of your calories in an 8 hour feeding window. I did hti for a few years and often go back to it for the convenience and or to increase insulin sensitivity. I am actually contemplating using an IF style diet for the rest of this log as it keeps things convenient for me and makes my mornings pretty easy.

I actually enjoyed how I felt and how active I was yesterday so I decided to do it again today and am just now breaking my fast with 6oz turkey breast and 6 oz lean cut brisket and two orders of cucumber salad. Keeping carbs low, opted for brisket to increase fat content, and added the turkey for higher protein. I will have a protein shake and some rice cereal with fruit in it just before I leave work and then take my pre workout and get a good workout in. Tonight should be a fun one. Will be doing upper body push work. I may finish it off with some prowler pushes / sled drags / or carries, perhaps even a complex with some or all of them.

As far as optimal though, it really depends, I had extremely good results when I was doing Build & Burn dieting as I called it. Basically on Lifting or Building days I would eat in a nice surplus and on Burn days I would do an extended fast typically fasting between 20-24 hours. Cals were around 3500 on build days and 600-1800 for burn days. In 8 weeks I gained a decent amount of muscle and leaned up drastically. Now I was running 30mg epistane and 20mg and Osta at the time but I have gotten amazing results doing that on and off cycle. I just grew more being on cycle obviously.

This was the result of the 8 week cycle starting at 204 and ending up at 209 eating IF style which everyone says you can't grow on...
Thanks. I just broke my fast. I made it roughly 20 hours, give or take a few minutes. The funny part is that food was just an idea, not an urgent need. It was like that all day. As someone who compulsively snacked in the past, I found this a striking contrast to what I expected. Tomorrow I plan to work out (first time this week), and that will be a more "normal" feeding day. It will be interesting to see how my appetite handles things after tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
saw the carnival in that pic...I love carnival food!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
my wife picked one up from surgery (this week) and the family advice was cranberry pills (over the cranberry juice that can cause kidney stones). My mom said it was recommended to her by her urologist.
It's interesting because cranberry juice doesn't have any true antibacterial properties that I know of and it has really been shown to increase urea production, so just makes you pee more. I guess flushing toxins can help but it won't heal an infection just lessen the symptoms. Well after reading a little more also seems that it helps keep the bacteria from binding to the walls of the urinary tract, which probably has to do with the increased urea production.

Quoted from a University of Michigan article

"Cranberry juice capsules can lower the risk of urinary tract infection (UTI) by 50 percent in women who have a catheter in place while undergoing elective gynecological surgery.

The reduction is similar to the outcome when patients take antibiotics as a preventative measure, says Betsy Foxman, professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and lead author of the new study.

“Taking cranberry juice capsules is preferable to taking antibiotics, because limiting antibiotic use helps avoid antibiotic resistance and protects the good bacteria living in and on our bodies from inadvertent damage,” she says.

“We should save antibiotics for UTI treatment, as cranberry juice capsules are equally effective in preventing UTI post-elective gynecologic surgery.”

Women who undergo these procedures have as much as a 64 percent chance to develop a UTI after the catheter is removed.

For the study, published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 160 women, ages 23 to 88, were divided into two groups. Half took two cranberry extract capsules twice a day for six weeks, while the other half took a placebo.

Two cranberry capsules

Previous studies have shown that cranberries prevent urinary tract infections but this is the first to address its efficacy following surgery. The berries have not been found to work as a treatment for infections.

[related]

The study used TheraCran cranberry capsules (Theralogix LLC), which are made using cranberry extract powder. The content of two cranberry capsules is equivalent to drinking an 8-ounce serving of cranberry juice.

Although not all women taking the cranberry supplement avoided urinary tract infections (15 out of 80 compared with 30 out of 80), the researchers found a later onset in most cases for those who were using it—18 days as opposed to 8.5 days after surgery.

The study also found a woman’s risk of UTI increased sevenfold if they had to self-catheterize when they were unable to urinate normally after the initial catheter was removed. The length of time the catheter was in place and the number of times a woman had to self-catheterize affected the risk of infection.

The National Institutes of Health funded the work.

Source: University of Michigan"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, soon ya gonna say chicken soup won't cure a flu! Lmbfao!
No it obviously cures all of them but one...

You guessed it... BIRD FLU!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
It's interesting because cranberry juice doesn't have any true antibacterial properties that I know of and it has really been shown to increase urea production, so just makes you pee more. I guess flushing toxins can help but it won't heal an infection just lessen the symptoms. Well after reading a little more also seems that it helps keep the bacteria from binding to the walls of the urinary tract, which probably has to do with the increased urea production.

Quoted from a University of Michigan article

"Cranberry juice capsules can lower the risk of urinary tract infection (UTI) by 50 percent in women who have a catheter in place while undergoing elective gynecological surgery.

The reduction is similar to the outcome when patients take antibiotics as a preventative measure, says Betsy Foxman, professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and lead author of the new study.

“Taking cranberry juice capsules is preferable to taking antibiotics, because limiting antibiotic use helps avoid antibiotic resistance and protects the good bacteria living in and on our bodies from inadvertent damage,” she says.

“We should save antibiotics for UTI treatment, as cranberry juice capsules are equally effective in preventing UTI post-elective gynecologic surgery.”

Women who undergo these procedures have as much as a 64 percent chance to develop a UTI after the catheter is removed.

For the study, published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 160 women, ages 23 to 88, were divided into two groups. Half took two cranberry extract capsules twice a day for six weeks, while the other half took a placebo.

Two cranberry capsules

Previous studies have shown that cranberries prevent urinary tract infections but this is the first to address its efficacy following surgery. The berries have not been found to work as a treatment for infections.

[related]

The study used TheraCran cranberry capsules (Theralogix LLC), which are made using cranberry extract powder. The content of two cranberry capsules is equivalent to drinking an 8-ounce serving of cranberry juice.

Although not all women taking the cranberry supplement avoided urinary tract infections (15 out of 80 compared with 30 out of 80), the researchers found a later onset in most cases for those who were using it—18 days as opposed to 8.5 days after surgery.

The study also found a woman’s risk of UTI increased sevenfold if they had to self-catheterize when they were unable to urinate normally after the initial catheter was removed. The length of time the catheter was in place and the number of times a woman had to self-catheterize affected the risk of infection.

The National Institutes of Health funded the work.

Source: University of Michigan"
Yea, it was something about preventing the bacteria from being able to stick to the walls, making it easier to flush them out. It was $11 for a bottle of 180 pills, and she was told to take 3x per day, so pretty cheap option to try.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
don't be a hen...

i'm done...time to chicken out:dump:
Nice to see you on your roost, you look like the top c*ck on the block!
It must be time to eat, I am feeling a bit peckish...

Yea, it was something about preventing the bacteria from being able to stick to the walls, making it easier to flush them out. It was $11 for a bottle of 180 pills, and she was told to take 3x per day, so pretty cheap option to try.
Yeah definitely a great option. Better than trying the antibiotics first. Seems that the bacteria for UTI's tends to be very good at adjusting to the antibiotics so that they become ineffective quickly so better to try the cranberry extract before antibiotics anyway.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my wifes grandmother used cranberry juice, so did her mom and so des my wife-they all swear by it....my wife has recently switched to pills!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with "tough love". If more families used it, the world would be a better place. I used to live off NASA road in Clearlake about 30 years ago. Kemah was just a shrimp fisherman's boat marina. It sure has changed.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These have been some of the best puns ever!

And good deal on her getting better MrKleen73. My Dad went from Dementia to Alzheimer's. Worst disease ever.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Speaking on Anxiety and what not. Have you ever listened to The Strangest Secret? It applies not only to bussiness but to your whole life. It really is an amazing thing to hear.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Speaking on Anxiety and what not. Have you ever listened to The Strangest Secret? It applies not only to bussiness but to your whole life. It really is an amazing thing to hear.
Where or how did you listen to this?