Kleen's comeback! Bringing the Heat with Lipodrene Elite! (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow that multi-quote got all jacked up but I ain't fixing it. You guys are smart enough to figure it out. :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going in for a lift tonight, will be doing some pulling, hitting DeadLifts and Pull Ups or Pull Downs depending on how tings feel. Hopefully I can DL without any shoulder discomfort. So far only pushing has tweaked it so hoping I can do some work tonight.

If the shoulder appears to still give me a hard time then I will take a few weeks to recover, just do some volume work and avoid anything heavy enough to bother it. Hopefully I can get right into this but we shall see.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Going in for a lift tonight, will be doing some pulling, hitting DeadLifts and Pull Ups or Pull Downs depending on how tings feel. Hopefully I can DL without any shoulder discomfort. So far only pushing has tweaked it so hoping I can do some work tonight.

If the shoulder appears to still give me a hard time then I will take a few weeks to recover, just do some volume work and avoid anything heavy enough to bother it. Hopefully I can get right into this but we shall see.
good luck!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Best of luck brother! Injuries suck!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I battled shoulder pain for about a year..finally saw doc..impingement...shaved some bone and I was good to go

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, I am about to go to workout but I can tell my back is tender for some reason near the ribs. I am not going to risk deadlifting while I can feel that. I am just going to go get a lift in and see what I can do instead of worrying about following this routine until I can actually follow it.

I think I may be smart to just focus on pump work, metabolic stress and gradually increasing volume to make progress for a little bit. Give this a chance to heal, maybe focus on isolation work for the chest and shoulders until pressing is a go. I am going to see if I can overhead press while at the gym tonight. If so that will at least be one compound pressing movement I can do right now.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I'd stick to seated oh presses for now.....just my 2c

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
My back cramps in seated press..not sure why so I prefer standing

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I battled shoulder pain for about a year..finally saw doc..impingement...shaved some bone and I was good to go
Yeah I have had 2 surgeries on this shoulder already, and this is probably a very small abrasion on my labrum that I occasionally hit wrong and get it inflamed. I think I will be okay to press in another week or so. It was a muscle snatch that I did it with. This was not the same shoulder that recently caused my downtime and is also nowhere near as bad as that was. It is just me adjusting immediately to avoid it getting worse and needing medical intervention because I can feel that I inflamed the labrum again. I have no doubt I will need to go get scoped and cleaned out again. I have degenerative arthritis there and the ortho said I will probably need it cleaned up every once in a while if I want to stay active with lifting. So I ride these little things out, they frustrate me but it will all workout if I treat it right. Hopefully I can squeeze a few more years out of it. ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was thinking that and DB's or machine...
My back cramps in seated press..not sure why so I prefer standing
I prefer standing as well more for the extra core work, and I HATE trying to unrack the bar with the amount of weight I can overhead press while seated. I always feel like I am going to injure myself...
There ya go.....we all come in different shapes and sizes.....:/
Yeah, seated can also cause a lot of spinal compression, but still in this instance to save the thoracic area it's a worthy trade off!!!

Okay, off to the gym, will report back in a bit!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a great workout. I did upper body pump work. I did nonstop complex of various pull downs pec deck and military press. I did reps to about an rpe8 I. Between 30 and 10 reps. Starting high rep and lowering to maintain RPE 8 as I fatigued. Tossed a few sets body weight ring pull ups and wide grip horizontal and upright rows. Chin Grip pull downs with biceps focus French curl bar hammers and overhead extensions and called it a night.

I had a massive pump and can tell you my arms are leaner the vascularity is really coming in!

Best part is it felt amazing and I really enjoyed myself. Sweat like a hard working whore in church too!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had a great workout. I did upper body pump work. I did nonstop complex of various pull downs pec deck and military press. I did reps to about an rpe8 I. Between 30 and 10 reps. Starting high rep and lowering to maintain RPE 8 as I fatigued. Tossed a few sets body weight ring pull ups and wide grip horizontal and upright rows. Chin Grip pull downs with biceps focus French curl bar hammers and overhead extensions and called it a night.

I had a massive pump and can tell you my arms are leaner the vascularity is really coming in!

Best part is it felt amazing and I really enjoyed myself. Sweat like a hard working whore in church too!
Awesome!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Awesome work! I guess the shoulder wasn't bothering you much?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards

Excellent!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks!!!

Awesome work! I guess the shoulder wasn't bothering you much?
No it wasn't because I kept the weight the very light. I only went up to 85 lbs on the military press and 122.5 on the Pull Downs, doing them between 20-30 reps for first set then dropping reps as fatigue sets in. It was completely a pump and metabolic work out. Only thing moderately heavy was doing the pec deck at 122.5.

I will keep going instinctively for a bit and just test what I can do while having fun. The more fun it is the more likely I am to do it more often and longer.

Oh yeah, I am actually contemplating getting rid of the membership to the new gym, or at least getting rid of Trinity's. She told me yesterday that she would prefer to workout in the garage than the gym since neither place had AC she would rather learn how to do things before she does them in public. That she feels weird at the gym because everyone looks at her since she is obviously the youngest in there and she feels a little intimidated.

In a lot of ways I have more stuff I want to use than they do. They have a few things I don't that would be very helpful and i will probably keep mine so when I workout in the early morning I can go to the gym rather than wake up the neighborhood with the sound of deadlifts @ 5:00AM.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to her you found a work around. My daughter had a friend go with her for the first 6 months or so. now my daughter is fine going with just me if her friends schedules don't align. (They play on different summer travel teams and can't always make it at the same time). plus my daughter is more into it than her friend. it's become a habit for her.
filmed her doing squats a little while back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrKUnDP9Sc

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Good to her you found a work around. My daughter had a friend go with her for the first 6 months or so. now my daughter is fine going with just me if her friends schedules don't align. (They play on different summer travel teams and can't always make it at the same time). plus my daughter is more into it than her friend. it's become a habit for her.

I can only hope that my daughter is that committed when she is 15! (and that I will still be lifting regularly myself in the 5 years between now and then :)).

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Was thinking that and DB's or machine...

I prefer standing as well more for the extra core work, and I HATE trying to unrack the bar with the amount of weight I can overhead press while seated. I always feel like I am going to injure myself...

Yeah, seated can also cause a lot of spinal compression, but still in this instance to save the thoracic area it's a worthy trade off!!!

Okay, off to the gym, will report back in a bit!!!
Yes..seated feels like I'm going to screw up my shoulders unracking it..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Daughters lifting with Dads = Priceless.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only hope that my daughter is that committed when she is 15! (and that I will still be lifting regularly myself in the 5 years between now and then :)).
All my kids were athletic and different. My oldest daughter was a gymnast, went to college, graduated, got married and gave me an awesome grand daughter. She started doing cross fit about 2 years ago. My son was the highly recruited football and baseball player and decided he didn't want to go to college. Started his own window washing Co. Out of highschool and is very successful. He just doesn't have time for lifting, still looks good. Don't know we're he got those genes. It wasn't me!
My youngest (we call here our oops from GOD) only 5ft. Tall, work ethic,big heart, honor student.
Puts in the work and gets overlooked. Until she gets on a team. Currently play gold class softball and lead her team in batting avg, on base % and slugging %. Go figure @ 5ft. 124lb.
High school coach didn't even look at her the first week. Then he did and she made the varsity team as a Frosh.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try a smith machine. To me they felt better un racking the weight while seated.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Impressive!!!!
You keep at it and she may follow your lead. You never know.
Exactly!!
Daughters lifting with Dads = Priceless.
Agreed!

Try a smith machine. To me they felt better un racking the weight while seated.
I can do them on these if they are angled right. The straight up and down ones I will only use for partials off of the safety pins just above my head. That or a little less upright position.

Okay, today is update time.

I weighed first thing this morning and am 207, down a total of 4 lbs this first 2 weeks. I can tell I am also filling out just a little bit in a couple areas. My sleeves are a little tighter as well as the fabric across shoulders. It's not a lot but I can tell my muscles are responding to the resistance training by filling up a little even in a deficit. I have a feeling the weight loss is going to slow a bit and we will probably see some recomping.

I think it is pretty obvious in the pics that my abdomen is definitely not as thick and to me it looks like there is a little more detail in my extremities. Like the vascularity going across the inside of my biceps in the Front double biceps were not anywhere near as visible before if at all. Those are recent!

Here is a quote from the post of the before pics...
Starting Date 7/8/17 weight 211

View attachment 151029View attachment 151027
View attachment 151027View attachment 151028
View attachment 151026View attachment 151030

Here are todays progress pics!
7-22-17 207lbs Front Relaxed.jpg
7-22-17 207lbs L Side Relaxed.jpg

7-22-17 207lbs R Side Relaxed.jpg
7-22-17 207lbs Rear Relaxed.jpg

7-22-17 207lbs FDB.jpg
7-22-17 207lbs L Side Triceps.jpg

7-22-17 207lbs RDB.jpg

As a mini review of the first 2 weeks I have really enjoyed the feeling and calm energy I get from this and I have to say that it's biggest strength is the appetite control!!! I have to remind myself it is time to eat all the time. Really enjoying it and starting from a relatively low carb base this is not just a major glycogen and water fluctuation. So I am very happy with how it is treating me so far.!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice progress!!!:beerchug:

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see a lot of progress in just 2 weeks. It's hard for us to see it ourselves.
Nice calves! Wish I had some! My dad had skinny calves thanks Dad!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I can see a lot of progress in just 2 weeks. It's hard for us to see it ourselves.
Yeah but he gave you dem traps, eh

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your crushing it brother

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you can train calves...there are worse things that could be 'skinny', lol!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice progress!!!:beerchug:
Thanks Tom!!!

Thanks, yeah the progress is pretty noticeable, the part I was saying wasn't as noticeable in the pics is that my muscles are filling back in a little.

My calves are genetic, I don't really work them at all. I don't really need any direct work for them. They grow a lot when I focus on them, but typically sled work, dead lifts, squats, jumping and or running takes care of anything they need. Once I start doing more sled work you will notice that they will more than likely start growing just from that.

you can train calves...there are worse things that could be 'skinny', lol!!!
:) No doubt!!!

Only thing skinny on me is the size of my joints.

Oh speaking of skinny any of you who have followed my main log know I got my new puppy back in February and I promised some progress pics of him too. So here are a few pictures of him as he is growing up.

Wraith is almost 9 months old and sitting right @ 97lbs now!

Wraith up a tree.jpg

Wraith walking.jpg

Wraith over Tink.jpg

Wraith and Tink.jpg

YEP!!! That's my big beautiful boy!!!! He is basically a Bull Mastiff & Great Dane mix. Mother was a 220lb Daniff, IE Mastiff crossed with Great Dane, and father was a 96lb Olde English Bulldogge. They are taller, thicker than and more athletic normal Bulldogs. He should be between 150-200lbs when he is full grown. The dog in the pics with him is a 40lb boxer, pit and pug mix to give you an idea of his height.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love his markings! Wouldn't this breed be called "Bandog"? Its a Molosser (Mastin) mix.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want your dog! Beautiful markings!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love his markings! Wouldn't this breed be called "Bandog"? Its a Molosser (Mastin) mix.
Yes Sir! A Bandog is kind of a generic term for these types of mixes. The normal Bull Mastiff is a cross between the Mastiff or sometimes erroneously called English Mastiff, and the Old English Bull Dogge. The breeders added in the Great Dane to increase height and overall size. Plus somehow the combination increases the lifespan by a year or two. The add for these pups was listed as F1 Bull Mastiff / Bandog. So I obviously had to go read the history of the bandog. It was also a good part of the reason I decided to go with one of these as opposed to the full blooded Mastiff.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night was a night of squats! Many sets, I started at 155, and bumped 20-30lbs a set all the way to 325

Warm Up = 3 songs on Airdyne Bike

Safety Bar Squats - Not quite ass to grass, but well below parallel, all with a small pause in the hole, just enough to stop from springing back up.
155x10
175x10
205x10
225x10
245x8
265x8
285x8
295x6
315x5
315x3
335x3
335x3
335x3

Leg Press 440x12 x 3 sets at 4-0-1-0 tempo - added in for a little more volume...

Leg Ext - 8 plates x15, 10p x15, 12p x15,12p x15 - @4-0-1-0 tempo

All in all a solid workout. I did not get in all of my food yesterday, it was a busy day and with the appetite suppression from the Lipodrene I simply forgot to have lunch and my afternoon meal. So I was feeling a bit weak when I started. I also did not use a pre-workout. However I took my last Lipodrene @ 1:30 which is an hour and a half late and I still had some of the stim going from that. It was kind of odd that once I worked out I was so amped up I didn't get to sleep until after midnight. I think I could have done most of the final sets a good 20-30lbs heavier if I had been well fed. Since I wasn't I just opted to workout without any carbs intra, and just ran with aminos instead. That way I could let some fat burn off while I was lifting then crushed, 75g protein, 15g fat and 200g of carbs post workout between whole foods and powders to replenish.

Missing those meals gave me an extra 800 or so calorie deficit which wasn't the plan but no reason to shove extra food down at that point last night. I trust the anabolism of 200g of carbs and a jolt of protein to spur plenty recovery and I assure you with the pace of the day yesterday that it was fat I was burning for energy used throughout the day as it is NEVER intense activity and I keep morning carbs at zero so I never shifted the energy source to carbohydrate.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I guess you are not kidding when you say, "many sets". Nice work

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
enjoy the puppy....my dog sid is 16 human years old!!!

sid is family!!!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great looking dog and LOVING the updates as well

My pup is 12 yrs old today!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I guess you are not kidding when you say, "many sets". Nice work
LOL, yeah I didn't go out with a plan. As a matter of fact I wasn't even sure if the workout was going to make it past 15-20 minutes when I started but I refused to not do anything at all. Ended up being way better than expected!
enjoy the puppy....my dog sid is 16 human years old!!!

sid is family!!!
Wow, smaller dog? I had a pit that was almost 16 when she passed. Was easily as painful and even moreso than some of my family passing. They are pretty much your children, as much as you care for them and see them daily. You just go into it knowing you will more than likely outlive them. However losing one after so many years is just heartbreaking.
Great looking dog and LOVING the updates as well

My pup is 12 yrs old today!!!!!
Congrats on the puppy birthday! Thanks on the updates, I am trying to do a good job in here. Has definitely helped me with getting off my ass for sure!!!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Wow..nice squat sets

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Very jealous of hi set squats...gonna do them again when I feel better.....I really will I tell you...

Back in the day we used to compete for time on 10x10.....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow..nice squat sets
Thanks!!!
Very jealous of hi set squats...gonna do them again when I feel better.....I really will I tell you...

Back in the day we used to compete for time on 10x10.....
Oh man that sounds brutal. I have only done them 10x10 doing GVT at 4-0-2-0 tempo, it was ridiculous supersetting them with Romanian DL's!!!! I have never done it at a normal or explosive tempo. Talk about needing a lot of oxygen!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did not train yesterday and as a result I kept my carbs low and increased fats & proteins slightly. I was simply exhausted when I got home from work. Actually to the point of feeling uncoordinated and clumsy. So I decided I was not going to push myself to lift. Recovery is more important than re-stressing the body in my opinion. Which is great because today I am well rested from being asleep by 10:00PM which is pretty much unheard of around my house.

My legs grew just from squatting the other day. My pant legs are noticeably tighter since then. My glutes quads and hams are all full and still have some DOMS. You just really have to love the immediate response to training with a little volume when you have a lot of muscle memory to work with!!!! I swear my legs soaked up every carb I took in after the squat session and hasn't let go of it yet.

Yesterdays macros came out to 242 protein and 134 fats 43 carbs = 2348

Again I am really going to have to champion the appetite suppression here, and the fact that this is the best I have felt on any diet pill that actually suppressed my appetite as much as this one does. I would put the suppression on the same level as the ECA stack. Thermo is nowhere near that level but I prefer the way I feel now compared to that jittery feeling. I will say that even in the evening I find it hard to take down a large meal! I keep pop tarts around for post workout carbs to help me get in the food without filling my gut up to the point that eating is uncomfortable.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in total agreement with the appetite suppression and thermo..definitely a one of a kind fat burner

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in total agreement with the appetite suppression and thermo..definitely a one of a kind fat burner
Yes, I definitely enjoy using it so far. I will say that even on days I occasionally forget my second dose I do not lose my energy all day long for the most part. I missed my 2nd dose yesterday due to being busy and not realizing until 2:30 that I had not taken it. I still had ample energy last night. I only used half of a serving of Pre-Workout and was good to go!!!!

Okay last night was a push day, more chest and shoulder, well really more shoulder than anything. :)

I started out very light on a 30 degree incline bench and worked my way up through the various angles as I fatigued. I only worked up to 50's on the DB's but trust me I made that weight work for me!!!!!

Warm Up about 10 minutes on Airdyne bike

Focus - Mind Muscle Connection, Create More Tension In Muscle than lifting the weight requires, Drive blood into muscles, Create metabolic Stress, and push volume of work up.

Rest periods started about 30 seconds and extended to about 45 in the later sets.

30 Degree Incline DB bench - tempo 2-0-2-0 - 20x25, 30x20, Tempo 4-0-1-0 40x15, 50x12, 50x10
- felt the labrum scraping a bit on negative decided to not go heavier
30 degree Incline DB Press Flyes - tempo 4-0-1-1, 50x8, 50x8, 50x7, 50x6
65 degree DB Incline Press Flyes - tempo 4-0-1-1 50x5, 50x4, 50x4
65 degree incline DB Press - Tempo 1-0-1-0, 50x6, 50x6, 50x5
- this entire complex was just fun and intense! It was nice to just feel the weight, create a lot of tension and kick some ass! Just because I need to train light right now does not mean it has to be easy!!!!

Reverse Facing Shoulder Press Machine on an incline - Tempo 2-0-2-0, Reps = AMRAP to RPE8.5, 9p, 9p, 7p, 7p
Max Reps to failure including partials 4p, and 4p
- reps went all the way down to small pulses. - With the machine in this set up it allows me to mimic the movement of pressing a bar overhead as it follow almost the exact same track as a normal barbell overhead press. Squeezing into it REALLY activates the medial and posterior delts. The pump was insane.

Rest periods drop to 20-30 seconds from here on to increase metabolic reaction.

65 degree incline bench side / rear delt raises - Full ROM all the way down to pulses, taken to failure - 20lbs, 20lbs, 20lbs, 20 lbs, 10lbs, 10lbs - Holy crap, my shoulders were not only on fire, but aching from the pump I had. I have one small mirror in my garage and when I say my reflection I wished I had a way to take a pic of the pump at the time. My shoulders looked bad ass!!!! Reps started in the 30-40 range and dropped as I fatigued.

Banded Triceps Ext - Orange Band x4 sets to failure - , taken all the way down to partials and pulses, and then to dip like pushdowns with them when I couldn't extend anymore.

I was so pumped after this I just pulled my shirt off and walked around the house feeling alpha as hell!!! My shoulders were full like I hadn't seen them in a very long time!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today was an energy systems day. I chose to do some more Rooftop Conditioning. I doubled the distance of my hill sprint to 100 yards, then did 30-60 seconds of elastic battle rope work and walked back down the stairs so I could sprint back up 2 levels of the ramp from the 11th to 13th floor. I repeated it 6 times in about 30 minutes. Work ratio was about 90 seconds intense work and 2-3 minutes active rest each round.

I was soaked and breathing like a freight train. Pulse pounding and felt like death when I was done. I walked around in the shade on a lower floor for a little bit to cool off then got in my car and blasted the AC on my face and chest for 5 minutes before I went back to work, cleaned up and changed clothes.

More than likely I will be going to the grocery store tonight instead of working out so that is why I chose to do it at work today. I doubt I will stay near keto today but I will not go as high as normal on carbs either. Possibly in the 75-125 range.

Going to have a fruit smoothie now while my muscles are ready to soak everything up from the hit and it being so explosive. My muscle should be like a dry sponge ready to soak anything that comes its way up. So I am going to do 3 servings of pineapple in my shake and have 4 tbsp. of peanut butter to give me some healthy fats to go with it.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was an energy systems day. I chose to do some more Rooftop Conditioning. I doubled the distance of my hill sprint to 100 yards, then did 30-60 seconds of elastic battle rope work and walked back down the stairs so I could sprint back up 2 levels of the ramp from the 11th to 13th floor. I repeated it 6 times in about 30 minutes. Work ratio was about 90 seconds intense work and 2-3 minutes active rest each round.

I was soaked and breathing like a freight train. Pulse pounding and felt like death when I was done. I walked around in the shade on a lower floor for a little bit to cool off then got in my car and blasted the AC on my face and chest for 5 minutes before I went back to work, cleaned up and changed clothes.

More than likely I will be going to the grocery store tonight instead of working out so that is why I chose to do it at work today. I doubt I will stay near keto today but I will not go as high as normal on carbs either. Possibly in the 75-125 range.

Going to have a fruit smoothie now while my muscles are ready to soak everything up from the hit and it being so explosive. My muscle should be like a dry sponge ready to soak anything that comes its way up. So I am going to do 3 servings of pineapple in my shake and have 4 tbsp. of peanut butter to give me some healthy fats to go with it.
Nice work! You would have had to call 911 if i did that! In Houston to boot!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! You would have had to call 911 if i did that! In Houston to boot!
Yes Sir, it is 98 today and 106 heat index, maybe even hotter up there around all that reflective concrete and windows around. There was no shade other than when I went to a lower level to walk it off for about 5 minutes before sitting in my car in the AC to cool the rest of the way down.

I am all about the hard work, and really only have 2 speeds, GO! and Fug it... Sometimes "Fug It Let's GO!!!!!" I can only make myself do steady state for very long by reading while I do it. Otherwise I get too bored and can only focus on how much longer I have to punish myself.

With the hard work I can compare what I am doing to what I did last and if improving at that effort level it excites me even though the work is brutal to do while doing it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hardcore!!!