Kleen's comeback! Bringing the Heat with Lipodrene Elite! (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agree with "tough love". If more families used it, the world would be a better place. I used to live off NASA road in Clearlake about 30 years ago. Kemah was just a shrimp fisherman's boat marina. It sure has changed.
Yeah, I feel that is something that has unfortunately taken a back seat to appeasing every entitled little turd who wines... yeah when the fettita brothers bought it and started building around the Flying Dutchman was about the only place out there. Now there are about 10 restaurants, a massive hotel, an amusement park & thrill rides. Plus and they have live bands multiple nights a week in the open area, & fireworks every weekend during the summer. It is a whole tourist attraction of it's own now.
These have been some of the best puns ever!

And good deal on her getting better MrKleen73. My Dad went from Dementia to Alzheimer's. Worst disease ever.
Thanks and yes, we are very happy that the dementia was infection related. Since MS is an Autoimmune issue too they tend to go down pretty hard when they have an infection. So at least we know this now. Today she goes to get her 2nd well 3rd opinion now and hopefully they will FINALLY put her on some MS and or Parkinsons meds. It still seems a bit up in the air regarding if it is MS or parkinsons. However the hospital also diagnosed her with MS too so this would be the 4rth time total she may be diagnosed with MS and still has not gotten the correct MS meds!!!

Speaking on Anxiety and what not. Have you ever listened to The Strangest Secret? It applies not only to bussiness but to your whole life. It really is an amazing thing to hear.
No, is it an audio book or what?

As for this weekend well guys, I just kind of screwed up and fell apart nutrition-wise Saturday and Sunday... More Sunday evening than anything...Things got changed around and I didn't make it to the store like I needed to and ended up having Chinese delivered, and Sunday I woke to no eggs and a few other things and started making excuses for why I should eat this, or that, all of which had more carbs than I needed to be ingesting especially early in the day when I wasn't lifting. I was running around a bit and forgot to pull out dinner which I was responsible for anyway so I eneded up putting one of the 12 serving Stoeffer's lasagna in the oven, and well I just love that stuff and overate, by the end of the night my insulin was so out of control I ended up binging on some carbs, I had a bunch of fruit and then went to bed. So this morning I would guess my weight is around 212-215, I really blew up from the carbs!

Not making excuses here, I shat the bed when it comes to following the plan this weekend. Total fail on my part, which is rough because this week is obviously going to be a hard week for nutrition. I will be in Austin moving offices and will be eating out or whatever meals are brought into the office all week. I was actually hoping to be very strict this weekend to have a little wiggle room this week but I didn't get that done. So going to have to be more vigilant this week if I want to have some progress to show as far as weight loss at the end of this. I am definitely leaner, and filling out more but as of Saturday morning I was sitting back at 209. Like I said unless just full blown cutting I am not going to see a ton of weight loss with how I am managing the deficits. Well other than this weekend that is. I didn't manage much of a deficit at all there. Either way that is on me, not the diet pills and even during the day the diet pills kept me pretty inline it was after they wore off at night that I ended up of my leash so to speak.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I feel that is something that has unfortunately taken a back seat to appeasing every entitled little turd who wines... yeah when the fettita brothers bought it and started building around the Flying Dutchman was about the only place out there. Now there are about 10 restaurants, a massive hotel, an amusement park & thrill rides. Plus and they have live bands multiple nights a week in the open area, & fireworks every weekend during the summer. It is a whole tourist attraction of it's own now.
Thanks and yes, we are very happy that the dementia was infection related. Since MS is an Autoimmune issue too they tend to go down pretty hard when they have an infection. So at least we know this now. Today she goes to get her 2nd well 3rd opinion now and hopefully they will FINALLY put her on some MS and or Parkinsons meds. It still seems a bit up in the air regarding if it is MS or parkinsons. However the hospital also diagnosed her with MS too so this would be the 4rth time total she may be diagnosed with MS and still has not gotten the correct MS meds!!!

As for this weekend well guys, I just kind of screwed up and fell apart nutrition-wise Saturday and Sunday... More Sunday evening than anything...Things got changed around and I didn't make it to the store like I needed to and ended up having Chinese delivered, and Sunday I woke to no eggs and a few other things and started making excuses for why I should eat this, or that, all of which had more carbs than I needed to be ingesting especially early in the day when I wasn't lifting. I was running around a bit and forgot to pull out dinner which I was responsible for anyway so I eneded up putting one of the 12 serving Stoeffer's lasagna in the oven, and well I just love that stuff and overate, by the end of the night my insulin was so out of control I ended up binging on some carbs, I had a bunch of fruit and then went to bed. So this morning I would guess my weight is around 212-215, I really blew up from the carbs!

Not making excuses here, I shat the bed when it comes to following the plan this weekend. Total fail on my part, which is rough because this week is obviously going to be a hard week for nutrition. I will be in Austin moving offices and will be eating out or whatever meals are brought into the office all week. I was actually hoping to be very strict this weekend to have a little wiggle room this week but I didn't get that done. So going to have to be more vigilant this week if I want to have some progress to show as far as weight loss at the end of this. I am definitely leaner, and filling out more but as of Saturday morning I was sitting back at 209. Like I said unless just full blown cutting I am not going to see a ton of weight loss with how I am managing the deficits. Well other than this weekend that is. I didn't manage much of a deficit at all there. Either way that is on me, not the diet pills and even during the day the diet pills kept me pretty inline it was after they wore off at night that I ended up of my leash so to speak.
If it is MS have her Neuro, look into Gylnia think thats how its spelled. Its a daily pill, and my wife who has MS, swears by it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it is MS have her Neuro, look into Gylnia think thats how its spelled. Its a daily pill, and my wife who has MS, swears by it.
We are 99.9% sure, but this one guy who is her Neuro right now said he isn't and sent her to this guy for a 2nd opinion. However while in the hospital they re eavaluated her again and said she has MS but this other Doctor still won't listen until we see this guy today. We wil definitely ask about that though, thanks!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are 99.9% sure, but this one guy who is her Neuro right now said he isn't and sent her to this guy for a 2nd opinion. However while in the hospital they re eavaluated her again and said she has MS but this other Doctor still won't listen until we see this guy today. We wil definitely ask about that though, thanks!!!
They normally can only confirm by a spinal tap, but I know it has helped my wife so much. Its a great medication. Only problem is I often have to remind her cause she will forget. But, Im gonna go pick her up one of those daily pill organizers.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They did years ago... notnsure what the hold up was but now the idiot didn't set us up.with the right doctor through the insurance so I ended up.leaving work for nothing today to take her. I am getting her a new Neuro...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice to see you on your roost, you look like the top c*ck on the block!
It must be time to eat, I am feeling a bit peckish...

Yeah definitely a great option. Better than trying the antibiotics first. Seems that the bacteria for UTI's tends to be very good at adjusting to the antibiotics so that they become ineffective quickly so better to try the cranberry extract before antibiotics anyway.
that aint no roost...that's my throne!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They did years ago... notnsure what the hold up was but now the idiot didn't set us up.with the right doctor through the insurance so I ended up.leaving work for nothing today to take her. I am getting her a new Neuro...
you are better than allstate....your wife is in good hands!!!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Sort of. It was an audio recording done in the 50's by Earl Nightingale. Everything thing about success and failures when that message was recorded are still very true and relevant today.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't blame you, think we have been through 3 Neuro's until we where both happy with the one she has now

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that aint no roost...that's my throne!!!
No doubt, and those ain't eggs your laying there either!!!
you are better than allstate....your wife is in good hands!!!
Dayum Straight!!!
Sort of. It was an audio recording done in the 50's by Earl Nightingale. Everything thing about success and failures when that message was recorded are still very true and relevant today.
Hmmmm. So I can probably find an MP3 with a little searching then.
Don't blame you, think we have been through 3 Neuro's until we where both happy with the one she has now
Yeah and this guys refusal to treat or accept other Doctors opinions than this ladies is a bit much. The fact his office was pretty pathetic should have been a sign that he was not going to be good. We have been trying to get her on MS specific meds since April, this is ridiculous. I am so close to moving her over to a Medicair PPO so we can pick our own doctors and not wait on all the slow referrals we have been dealing with.

Anyway after that mayhem my son had a major issue we had to deal with so nothing was done last night. No workout and then we just ended up going to get dinner because no one had time to cook. Since I am leaving @ 4AM we decided to just make it a family dinner.

I had a 20oz ribeye, and a sweet potato for dinner, not too bad, not exactly diet food either. Then again, I had already missed meals due to everything that happened during the day, so it shouldn't be too bad of a deal.

I have to decide if I am going to try and crush the weights tonight or stay home with the wife to spend time with her before I leave. She doesn't really like it when I travel. She's okay with it and the extra money but she hates having me gone overnight. I think I might just go out during lunch and do some calisthenics and HIIT then lift weights at the Fitness Center tomorrow night in Austin. Hopefully they actually have something better than 50lb DB's there or I will go get a temp membership somewhere and expense it. I really think I am going to take the night off tonight, well unless she wants to have a lunch date today instead.

As far as the Caregiver we have decided to get Mom a LifeAlert account and probably just have someone go in and check on her every once in a while. Probably try to find a transportation service for her dr visits. She even agrees that we should let the caregiver go. Her ducking out on this appointment yesterday ended up costing me over $300 in overtime pay that I can not make back. They will not use my PTO, they will just flex the hours through the week to avoid the OT... I wish I could take that damn money back from the caregiver!!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Dayum Straight!!!

Yeah and this guys refusal to treat or accept other Doctors opinions than this ladies is a bit much. The fact his office was pretty pathetic should have been a sign that he was not going to be good. We have been trying to get her on MS specific meds since April, this is ridiculous. I am so close to moving her over to a Medicair PPO so we can pick our own doctors and not wait on all the slow referrals we have been dealing with.

Anyway after that mayhem my son had a major issue we had to deal with so nothing was done last night. No workout and then we just ended up going to get dinner because no one had time to cook. Since I am leaving @ 4AM we decided to just make it a family dinner.

I had a 20oz ribeye, and a sweet potato for dinner, not too bad, not exactly diet food either. Then again, I had already missed meals due to everything that happened during the day, so it shouldn't be too bad of a deal.

I have to decide if I am going to try and crush the weights tonight or stay home with the wife to spend time with her before I leave. She doesn't really like it when I travel. She's okay with it and the extra money but she hates having me gone overnight. I think I might just go out during lunch and do some calisthenics and HIIT then lift weights at the Fitness Center tomorrow night in Austin. Hopefully they actually have something better than 50lb DB's there or I will go get a temp membership somewhere and expense it. I really think I am going to take the night off tonight, well unless she wants to have a lunch date today instead.

As far as the Caregiver we have decided to get Mom a LifeAlert account and probably just have someone go in and check on her every once in a while. Probably try to find a transportation service for her dr visits. She even agrees that we should let the caregiver go. Her ducking out on this appointment yesterday ended up costing me over $300 in overtime pay that I can not make back. They will not use my PTO, they will just flex the hours through the week to avoid the OT... I wish I could take that damn money back from the caregiver!!!!
Man that is just a PIA!
and I consider a 20oz ribeye diet food. lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Dayum Straight!!!

Make sure to get her the EWC( Emergency Wall Communicator) with the Life Alert. It's for the shower, since she cant wear the Pendant in there

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Make sure to get her the EWC( Emergency Wall Communicator) with the Life Alert. It's for the shower, since she cant wear the Pendant in there
Oh she can't shower on her own, not stable enough for the slippery floor. We have to bathe her a few times a week and have her sponge herself off the other days. She has to have a walker to walk, I mean she could go for a few steps without it but definitely can not shower herself. We have the sliding transport shower chair to slide her over into the tub/shower then we use the hand held to get whatever the shower head can't get to. I wish we had the funds to set up a handicap shower she could walk into, but all we have is the tub and then one in our room that is too small for her to walk into with a walker.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh she can't shower on her own, not stable enough for the slippery floor. We have to bathe her a few times a week and have her sponge herself off the other days. She has to have a walker to walk, I mean she could go for a few steps without it but definitely can not shower herself. We have the sliding transport shower chair to slide her over into the tub/shower then we use the hand held to get whatever the shower head can't get to. I wish we had the funds to set up a handicap shower she could walk into, but all we have is the tub and then one in our room that is too small for her to walk into with a walker.
Ahh, ok. Yeah that EWC is great for people who can still shower on their own. But have fall issues

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would spend the time with your wife if you won't regret it vs lift before the trip. And I'm the kind of guy that trains on Christmas if I am getting ready for something.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BE SAFE BROTHER! hope the storm is not as bad as they are saying!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would spend the time with your wife if you won't regret it vs lift before the trip. And I'm the kind of guy that trains on Christmas if I am getting ready for something.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I sure did, that is my queen!
BE SAFE BROTHER! hope the storm is not as bad as they are saying!
It definitely us but I am stuck in it in Austin it sucks but way worse at my house. Something made the roof leak and also the water broke through the barrier off the slab and house and the back wall. So it flooded the lower areas between my two slabs by a few inches. Going to have to rip all the flooring and carpet up when I get home. I hate not being there for the her and the kids but no way to get home all freeways are still closed.
x2...I think they are serious this time!!!
They sure were!
Meh, they always say that and nothing ever seems to happen.
Normally but we got screwed this time!

My attempts to find a hotel with the gym have been just futile! I definitely found one but I have been working 16 and 18 hour days ever since I got here! I haven't even had much chance to talk to my wife. I think I've talked to her a total of an hour or two since I got here to Austin and that's with everything that's going on. I have zero time and she does not either with trying to salvage everything she can in the house. We have a bayou behind the house too. So I am afraid of flash flooding.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh I imagine I have lost some weight. I have had one meal and a protien bar a day since I have been here and non stop labor! I have had two Lipoderene Elite a day some days only one and never ran out of energy!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sure did, that is my queen!

It definitely us but I am stuck in it in Austin it sucks but way worse at my house. Something made the roof leak and also the water broke through the barrier off the slab and house and the back wall. So it flooded the lower areas between my two slabs by a few inches. Going to have to rip all the flooring and carpet up when I get home. I hate not being there for the her and the kids but no way to get home all freeways are still closed.

They sure were!

Normally but we got screwed this time!

My attempts to find a hotel with the gym have been just futile! I definitely found one but I have been working 16 and 18 hour days ever since I got here! I haven't even had much chance to talk to my wife. I think I've talked to her a total of an hour or two since I got here to Austin and that's with everything that's going on. I have zero time and she does not either with trying to salvage everything she can in the house. We have a bayou behind the house too. So I am afraid of flash flooding.
Yeah we did, and it isn't done yet. They are saying Harvey is headed back to the gulf where it could build back to a Cat1 hurricane before coming NW to hit Houston again.

Has your family evacuated? I know the south side got hit hard.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 I have been praying that you and your family to be protected from injury!
it's going to be a mess but it's just possessions. I hope you can get home soon! that has to be heavy on your heart.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 I have been praying that you and your family to be protected from injury!
it's going to be a mess but it's just possessions. I hope you can get home soon! that has to be heavy on your heart.
x2--well said!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah we did, and it isn't done yet. They are saying Harvey is headed back to the gulf where it could build back to a Cat1 hurricane before coming NW to hit Houston again.

they WERE serious this time!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Looks like this isn't going to happen after all. They say it should be headed towards Louisiana after it comes out of the gulf.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well---worse than what the mayor of Houston predicted anyways.
I don't think anyone thought this wouldn't be a serious weather event, but there was nowhere near enough time to evacuate the 6.5million+ people in Houston along with the coastal cities that were directly in Harvey's path (Corpus, Rockport, Port Aransas, etc.).

In 2005 2.5million people were ordered to evacuate for Hurricane Rita and over 100 people died on the highways just trying to evacuate, and, to top it off, we never even got hit with the storm!

All of those people trying to evacuate would have been stuck on the congested highways that are currently underwater out here; the death toll would have been unimaginable.

That is why they advised that sheltering in place was the better option.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think anyone thought this wouldn't be a serious weather event, but there was nowhere near enough time to evacuate the 6.5million+ people in Houston along with the coastal cities that were directly in Harvey's path (Corpus, Rockport, Port Aransas, etc.).

In 2005 2.5million people were ordered to evacuate for Hurricane Rita and over 100 people died on the highways just trying to evacuate, and, to top it off, we never even got hit with the storm!

All of those people trying to evacuate would have been stuck on the congested highways that are currently underwater out here; the death toll would have been unimaginable.

everyone is entitled to their opinion....hope you are doing well!!!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Praying for all of you down there..I can't fathom it at all

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Praying for all of you down there..I can't fathom it at all
Fathom..I assure you that wasn't intentional...I'm closest thing to Yogi Berra I swear

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Evacuation of Houston would have resulted in many deaths. Those highways would have become parking lots with people running out of gas, food and water. Evacuation of cities in today's society is impossible.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evacuation of Houston would have resulted in many deaths. Those highways would have become parking lots with people running out of gas, food and water. Evacuation of cities in today's society is impossible.
Hell getting out of Houston on a normal day is hard enough. I couldn't imagine a evacuation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

there are many arguments I could make-many....but I won't, it is what it is, a sad situation. all my prayers go out to the people of texas and Louisiana.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there are many arguments I could make-many....but I won't, it is what it is, a sad situation. all my prayers go out to the people of texas and Louisiana.
A picture is worth 1,000 words, as they say.

FB_IMG_1504037149461.jpg

Note: Rita evacuation only included an estimated 2.5 million people. A full evacuation of the ~7 million Houstonians today would have been much worse.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A picture is worth 1,000 words, as they say.

View attachment 154407

Note: Rita evacuation only included an estimated 2.5 million people. A full evacuation of the ~7 million Houstonians today would have been much worse.
are you in texas now?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am just outside of the beltway in Houston.
then what you think about it means more than what I do, I am 969.9 miles away.

be safe!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

be safe!!!
Lol. I should have mentioned that I lived in Houston for 13 years. Evacuation with everyone armed = all hell breaks loose!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. I should have mentioned that I lived in Houston for 13 years. Evacuation with everyone armed = all hell breaks loose!
That could make for some serious road rage, a jam like that where life depends on it, no doubt

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Sorry for disappearing on everyone. Between the work, and then zig-zagging my way back to Houston Tuesday to take care of my home I just was in survival mode and none of this stuff mattered. No there was no way to evacuate when it became obvious that it was needed. They went from barely raining to water rising up in the front yard in minutes and our street NEVER floods, well until now...

MrKleen73
I have been praying that you and your family to be protected from injury!
It's a mess but nothing compared to so many. Even though I do not have flood insurance I am happy with having so little damage. I had to rip out carpet, and will have to replace some based boards. Going to stain and polish the slab instead of installing new flooring. I know that the insurance is going to try and say we had ground water come in from the back, and it may very well have been. However I think the roof damage may also be enough to say they can't prove if the damage came from the leaks or the rising water. Either way I was planning on a remodel and this just forces the issue.

I have to agree with this, with the way the flooding was it is a miracle the death toll was so low. If more people would have been on the road the death toll would have reached 100's if not 1000's. By the time it was obvious that cold front was going to keep it pouring down if everyone had gotten on the road the flash flooding would have killed so many.

No doubt, I was stuck in the Rita evacuation for 52 hours in over 100 degree temps, being on the road anywhere that was low lying during this would have been a death sentence. I remember those 52 hours of evacuation so vividly. My dogs almost died from overheating and dehydration. None of us were doing much better. We got stuck in the HOV when a car overheated and caught fire. At one point while inching forward I passed out and rolled back into the car JoAnn was driving. We were stuck in one place for 17 hours!!! JoAnn still has PTSD over it, it was so bad. When we get caught in bad traffic on the HOV and it stops if if we don't start moving again pretty quickly she will start to get very anxious and even have a panic attack if it takes too long to get moving.
Hell getting out of Houston on a normal day is hard enough. I couldn't imagine a evacuation.
This is a FACT!!!!

be safe!!!
This one was one for the record books for sure but with everything I saw on the way home from Austin there was really nowhere to go. There were parts of the elevated roadway near low points flooded over that were 30 feet above where the ground below was, or should be anyway... In those areas anyone on a surface street would have been killed for sure. The water rose up fast, and with how it hit the flood water was already running toward Houston before Houston even started getting the hard rain. So the bayous were already getting to their limits before Houston had issues with heavy rains. That totally set the situation up that driving out of it was almost impossible. At least to any point north west of Houston that is.

Ha No doubt!
That could make for some serious road rage, a jam like that where life depends on it, no doubt
Yeah definitely could be scary.

Okay soon to the other parts of this... I did not and still have not worked out but done a lot of activity. Unfortunately all the weight I lost during the week has been put back on and then some. We don't have anything but heavily processed carbs and foods at the house right now because well that was all that was available at the grocery store. So I have been eating junk for every meal since I got home. Poptarts, Pizza, Burritos, trail mix, and bologna sandwiches are on the menu right now. So not sure how the end of this log is going to look with me not having access to acceptable food right now....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just glad you and your family are safe, chris!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, your house took on water? That sucks man. I only had 1 car take any water on, so I am lucky on that front.

So many people didn't have flood insurance because it isn't required in most areas here. I hope you are able to get everything fixed up quickly without too much cost.

I can't even imagine how much work that will be to fix for a house.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
prayers for a speedy recovery in all aspects! ...glad to hear you and jimbuick both made it out with more to be thankful for, than the many unfortunate.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank God you and family are OK. I found out my old house in Sugarland flooded entirely. I know I didn't have flood insurance when I owned it, so I would be wiped out if I still owned it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
just glad you and your family are safe, chris!!!
Thanks!!!
2nd that one!
And thanks again!
Damn, your house took on water? That sucks man. I only had 1 car take any water on, so I am lucky on that front.

So many people didn't have flood insurance because it isn't required in most areas here. I hope you are able to get everything fixed up quickly without too much cost.

I can't even imagine how much work that will be to fix for a house.
Not too much but I noticed the laminate flooring buckling in the 2nd formal livingroom this morning. Then my wife told me yeah all that had water on it... I thought I told you. So now I get to go home tonight and pull up all the laminate flooring in the house... JOY!!!! Already asked for tomorrow off.
prayers for a speedy recovery in all aspects! ...glad to hear you and jimbuick both made it out with more to be thankful for, than the many unfortunate.
Definitely, it could have been so much worse for us!!!! This new development sucks and i will probably lose 2 days of work over it but hey that is what PTO is for.
Thank God you and family are OK. I found out my old house in Sugarland flooded entirely. I know I didn't have flood insurance when I owned it, so I would be wiped out if I still owned it.
Yeah, Sugarland and Rosenburg got it bad too!!!! The beltway is still over 16 foot deep right now. It is crazy a lot of people think it is over but many people have been told their houses will be under water for the next month as they release the overflow from the Addicks reservoir. I actually intend on walking over by Buffalo Bayou to look at how high and fast the water is running.

Now unfortunately I have to say that I feel I have probably gained back most of the weight I lost being limited to eating crap foods ever since I got back to the house. The grocery stores are still limited and if I didn't already have gas in my car I wouldn't have made it in to work today. Gas is not easy to find yet. Hoping they get some trucks down by my house today. Even Austin is still sold out of gas at this point.

I was hoping to start my lifting back up tonight but now that I know I need to pull the flooring up I know I won't be getting to workout tonight. Then again I won't need to either... Will be plenty of work to be done pulling that stuff out.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just glad everyone is OK! The other crap is a PIA but can be replaced over time.
Have fun with the laminate. that is going to suck. never done it but its sounds like a lot of work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just glad everyone is OK! The other crap is a PIA but can be replaced over time.
Have fun with the laminate. that is going to suck. never done it but its sounds like a lot of work.
It won't be fun, more gross than anything I would imagine at this point anyway. We are talking about soaked foam padding that has now had a week to fester into a lovely funktified heavy mass of crap!!! Popping the flooring up won't be so bad, cleaning it up afterwards is going to be the real issue. Me and the boy can rip it all out or most of it out in one day. Popping them loose won't be too bad and the foam padding is not heavily taped down, I know because I was involved in laying it.