Kleen's comeback! Bringing the Heat with Lipodrene Elite! (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
using thermos in heat and humidity is good for cutting weight, but can be dangerous if you don't always have a source of fluids available....I carry around a big old speedway 64oz insulated mug with me everywhere I go when working outdoors in summer. great investment at around $7 it keeps cold for up to 4 hours even in the sun.
Yeah, me too I normally go out prepared but never run into problems. Today, went on a whim and unprepared, could have maybe been fatal... I won't lie, when I kind of stopped sweating and started getting little chills even though I was hot, exhausted and weak I got a little scared. I started looking a people near me to see if they had any fluids and was not above asking for a drink had I seen anyone with one.

I totally forgot I took my water jug home, I almost always have one up here. Half the time I fill it about 1/3 the way and freeze it overnight. Then when I go walk I just put water in it and go. It normally lasts the whole walk which works out well for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, me too I normally go out prepared but never run into problems. Today, went on a whim and unprepared, could have maybe been fatal... I won't lie, when I kind of stopped sweating and started getting little chills even though I was hot, exhausted and weak I got a little scared. I started looking a people near me to see if they had any fluids and was not above asking for a drink had I seen anyone with one.

I totally forgot I took my water jug home, I almost always have one up here. Half the time I fill it about 1/3 the way and freeze it overnight. Then when I go walk I just put water in it and go. It normally lasts the whole walk which works out well for me.

memo to self:
water/fluids...don't leave home without them, lol.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No doubt. Well I am in go mode right at the moment so I decided to go do cardio at lunch. I quickly walked the mile to the park then ran this hill 4 or 5 times. I measured it with an app on my phone and it was just over right at 150 yards. I am so out of shape that liked to kill me then again it was a very long hill sprint!!!! Basically I just ran up the hill then walked down the stairs, and then back over to the bottom of the hill and ran back up. It was about 150 yards in the walking section too but not uphill thank goodness.

I gave myself a little bit of a scare though because I got overheated and didn't have any more water with me. Actually stopped sweating at one point during the walk back to the office and got cold chills. From there I decided to take a route that kept me in the shade as much as possible just to ensure I could cool down and not pass out. I was definitely getting weak, could feel a little hypo and had pretty much stopped sweating. Anyway I made it back and then almost through up in the lobby no sooner than the cold air hit me and it made my stomach turn. So I had to cool down there before getting trapped on an elevator and possibly needing to puke...

Man the thermo on these pills was just a bit too much for the heat and humidity today. That is actually impressive when you consider it is only 91 and 60% humidity today. Here in Houston that isn't even really considered that much of a hot summer day. Next time I will make sure I have my large water jug with me to make sure I don't end up in a scenario where I can drink or even poor it over myself to cool down. Either way, today let me know that with how thermogenic these are that I need to take extra precautions not to overheat when working out outdoors in the heat.

I m having a protein and spinach smoothie now to cool down and get some nutrition back in. I will probably have about 45grams of carbs in rice cereal before I leave work to help get some carbs in me before I lift tonight. Then plan to hit the weights pretty much right after I get home.
Damn brother take it easy! that is a lot of work for getting back into it.
and yes make sure you hydrate before you decide to do this again. Houston is hot and humid as hell! In Tulsa it is 98 with 56% humidity today.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yikes! That's a bit scary! Glad it wasn't any worse!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I ain't gonna even think about telling you what to do.....just take care....that's it....

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I haven't noticed any heartburn FWIW

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That thermo is effective at making you sweat, that's now proven. Glad you are alright.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Yeah brother. glad you are ok.. !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
memo to self:
water/fluids...don't leave home without them, lol.
No doubt!!!
Damn brother take it easy! that is a lot of work for getting back into it.
and yes make sure you hydrate before you decide to do this again. Houston is hot and humid as hell! In Tulsa it is 98 with 56% humidity today.
Haha, this is me intentionally taking it easy! It was more bad planning by not having enough water with me. I should have known I was in trouble when the 20 oz glass of water i took with me was gone before I made it 2 blocks!!!!!
Yikes! That's a bit scary! Glad it wasn't any worse!
Me too!
I ain't gonna even think about telling you what to do.....just take care....that's it....
DDSS right! Dont Do Stupid Sh!t!!!!
I haven't noticed any heartburn FWIW
Yeah, if it is from the pills it is as a result of me already being very susceptible to acid reflux, and probably uncommon. I will wait a few more days before coming to a conclusion on it.
That thermo is effective at making you sweat, that's now proven. Glad you are alright.
No doubt!!!
Yeah brother. glad you are ok.. !
Thanks!
Subbed, Sorry I am late..
Welcome Brother! Just really getting started bud!

Last night I ended up going to eat with my family, it was my son's birthday. I kept with my low carb fare and had a 20 oz Ribeye with some green beans and broccoli! After doing the math on what that meal should have been it puts me in a great fat loss macro and caloric area.

Protein 299, Fat 131, Carb 30 = 2450 for the day!

Today has been pretty low carb as well.

I have had 16 oz of 93/7 meat, 8 oz turkey, 8 oz beef today. Both covered in 2 tbls of Red Pupper Hummus. Also had some heavy cream, and 3 cups fresh spinach. Since I intend to lift tonight I am going to go make myself 1.5 servings of rice cereal, with a tbls of butter and have a protein shake. Makes for a great preworkout meal if it is going to be an hour or longer to the actual workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... I need to leave soon and my cream of rice was just too hot to eat. So I dumped it into my protein shake and shook it up and drank it. Worked wonderfully and tasted great!!!!! Had a nice little consistency to it as well. I may start pre-cooking some if it so I don't have to go through the trouble of nuking it in the microwave up here.

I did chew anyway even though I did not need to. The chewing while food is in your mouth is what releases the digestive enzymes. So everybody remember digestion will go easier on you if you remember to pretend to chew your shakes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... I need to leave soon and my cream of rice was just too hot to eat. So I dumped it into my protein shake and shook it up and drank it. Worked wonderfully and tasted great!!!!! Had a nice little consistency to it as well. I may start pre-cooking some if it so I don't have to go through the trouble of nuking it in the microwave up here.

I did chew anyway even though I did not need to. The chewing while food is in your mouth is what releases the digestive enzymes. So everybody remember digestion will go easier on you if you remember to pretend to chew your shakes.
just make sure no one is watching, lol.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Cream of rice and protein...sounds yummy actually. Or maybe it's just time for dinner

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
just make sure no one is watching, lol.
No doubt I have had to my explain myself about it before.
Cream of rice and protein...sounds yummy actually. Or maybe it's just time for dinner
It's quite Pleasant actually it actually gave my whey isolate a consistency more like a casein which was nice!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In and finally caught up. You have been through a lot of adversity lately - glad to see you staying so positive. Looking forward to your progress!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright. Fine. I am in, if I have to. I have been avoiding this because I don't want to see how bad I suck at cutting... Eh well. I may have to have my own comeback... Eh... Nah... Too much work.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also... Sorry to hear about all your recent challenges. My grandmother's brother had Parkinson. Watching it take over changed me forever. At the end if the day, we are all fragile beings.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ok I will start chewing my shakes. I didn't know that.
"A day without knowledge is like a day without sunshine" had a kinesiology professor that had this quote on his desk.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In and finally caught up. You have been through a lot of adversity lately - glad to see you staying so positive. Looking forward to your progress!
Welcome and thanks!!!! Time to refocus and get myself a little balance back in my life.
Alright. Fine. I am in, if I have to. I have been avoiding this because I don't want to see how bad I suck at cutting... Eh well. I may have to have my own comeback... Eh... Nah... Too much work.
LOL Thanks, I better not let your expectations down then. Never too much work, just maybe too much for right now.

Also... Sorry to hear about all your recent challenges. My grandmother's brother had Parkinson. Watching it take over changed me forever. At the end if the day, we are all fragile beings.
Thanks, it is definitely life changing. Gives you some perspective.

Tonight's workout was going great and then I got to bench press and the back of my shoulder flared up. So I had to make some changes. I also think for right now I will be better off working pretty instinctively while getting back in shape. Starting off with a 100% performance based program is not agreeing with my shoulders. I think I need a bit more break back in time. I will come up with something just as ambitious but more within my current recovery capabilities. Muscle recovery is not an issue but connective tissue is not keeping up right now. Going to do something a little more well rounded and allow myself to enjoy the new gyms equipment more too!!!

Warm up - 5-10 minutes on airdyne

Superset 1
Strict Standing OHP - 45x10, 95x3, 115x3, 135, 145, 150, 155
Horizontal Rhomboid Shrugs 108x10 x 4 sets

Superset 2
Push Press
- 150x3, 160, 165, 170, 175
Band Pull Aparts Green band 20 reps x 4 sets

Bench Press - 135x3, 155x3 pain in back of shoulder where the muscle snatch kind of hurt it. I chose to stop and switch to pec deck, and then did triceps.
Pec Deck - 108x sub max reps started at 20 and 5th set was 8, rested about 20-30 seconds between sets -

Triceps Rope Extensions - I did the same with these 5 sets but @95lbs

I had a massive chest, shoulder and triceps pump and was soaked with sweat!!!

I am really enjoying the feel, energy, and appetite suppression from this. I find myself having to remind myself I need to eat because hunger is not an issue.
cobri66 So far the heart burn has been improving and no sign of it today, Sdo I think it may have had to do with something else. I forgot I sneezed extremely hard last week and it did hurt at the time so it could have just been left over sensitivity mixed with having the wine that night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok I will start chewing my shakes. I didn't know that.
"A day without knowledge is like a day without sunshine" had a kinesiology professor that had this quote on his desk.
Yes the saliva is the first part of the digestion process, it has a lot of the digestive enzymes in it and chewing while it is in your mouth will produce it naturally. This helps a lot with people who sometimes get gassy from whey too as well as breaking down the protein into peptides and aminos faster.

I like that quote.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome and thanks!!!! Time to refocus and get myself a little balance back in my life.
LOL Thanks, I better not let your expectations down then. Never too much work, just maybe too much for right now.

Tonight's workout was going great and then I got to bench press and the back of my shoulder flared up. So I had to make some changes. I also think for right now I will be better off working pretty instinctively while getting back in shape. Starting off with a 100% performance based program is not agreeing with my shoulders. I think I need a bit more break back in time. I will come up with something just as ambitious but more within my current recovery capabilities. Muscle recovery is not an issue but connective tissue is not keeping up right now. Going to do something a little more well rounded and allow myself to enjoy the new gyms equipment more too!!!

Superset 1

Superset 2
Push Press

Bench Press - 135x3, 155x3 pain in back of shoulder where the muscle snatch kind of hurt it. I chose to stop and switch to pec deck, and then did triceps.
Pec Deck - 108x sub max reps started at 20 and 5th set was 8, rested about 20-30 seconds between sets -

I am really enjoying the feel, energy, and appetite suppression from this. I find myself having to remind myself I need to eat because hunger is not an issue.
cobri66 So far the heart burn has been improving and no sign of it today, Sdo I think it may have had to do with something else. I forgot I sneezed extremely hard last week and it did hurt at the time so it could have just been left over sensitivity mixed with having the wine that night.
Nice work! someone is going to be a little sore. lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! someone is going to be a little sore. lol
Thanks! Frustrated that I am having to adjust but I think I caught the shoulder aggravation in time to work around it. I will hopefully have time to plan out something today to address all of the areas of focus I want to without causing myself injury or downtime. My goal is to train and train often!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! Frustrated that I am having to adjust but I think I caught the shoulder aggravation in time to work around it. I will hopefully have time to plan out something today to address all of the areas of focus I want to without causing myself injury or downtime. My goal is to train and train often!
It's funny, I remember years back when we would just get after it, big ass weight, screaming, and about to pass out from 2 reps of squats.
Now it's all about what lifts feel like they are not going to activate and old injury or cause a new one.

Every 8 week workout I always have to change 2-3 lifts mid program to accommodate for this.
I have noticed that the last 2 times I did seated calve raises I get bad cramps about 6 reps in. never had this problem before. Now I don't even think about doing them. Funny how things change.

I have to admit my AM brothers have come up with some lifts to accommodate my torn labrum. mainly hairygrandpa!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's funny, I remember years back when we would just get after it, big ass weight, screaming, and about to pass out from 2 reps of squats.
Now it's all about what lifts feel like they are not going to activate and old injury or cause a new one.

Every 8 week workout I always have to change 2-3 lifts mid program to accommodate for this.
I have noticed that the last 2 times I did seated calve raises I get bad cramps about 6 reps in. never had this problem before. Now I don't even think about doing them. Funny how things change.

I have to admit my AM brothers have come up with some lifts to accommodate my torn labrum. mainly hairygrandpa!
No doubt, seems a pretty common story for those of us who have been doing this for over 20 years. We didn't have the internet to learn from in the same way that information is on it now. We brutalized ourselves nonstop in the effort for new muscle! I swear there was at least 3 years I did not go into the gym and not go to failure followed by strips sets on most exercises! I did make a lot of progress but also a lot of nagging overuse injuries too!

Have had my labrum repaired twice and not so sure I won't have to go back again at some point.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thank you for the mention! You helped me too, thanks to you I'm doing shoulder friendly landmines.
Nowadays I do most presses one armed with DB's, also most shoulder exercises. You simply can focus better on one arm at a time and your range of motion gets wider. I highly recommend it for people with shoulder problems.
I learned a lot here on AM, one has to have an open mind and try stuff others are doing.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards

Superset 1

Superset 2
Push Press

Good to hear about the heartburn

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a couple things going on this weekend but still got my activity in. My shoulder was feeling a little sensitive so I was just active this weekend. Painted more of the house and worked on things in the yard. No direct workout, just a lot of movement and sweating.

I did not take pictures this weekend because in all honesty I never got around to it. I stayed kind of busy and it wasn't on my radar. I did weigh myself first thing Saturday morning and I was down 3 lbs from 211 to 208. So that is a nice start. I am crediting a little of that to glycogen but my carbs did not come down that much from what they already were. I would guess 1-1.5lbs of that was probably fat.

I am planning to go do a little cardio at lunch then go in for a lift this evening. So far I am definitely please with the Lipodrene Elite, I feel good on it. Energy is strong enough but not overbearing and the appetite suppression is great.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Had a couple things going on this weekend but still got my activity in. My shoulder was feeling a little sensitive so I was just active this weekend. Painted more of the house and worked on things in the yard. No direct workout, just a lot of movement and sweating.

I did not take pictures this weekend because in all honesty I never got around to it. I stayed kind of busy and it wasn't on my radar. I did weigh myself first thing Saturday morning and I was down 3 lbs from 211 to 208. So that is a nice start. I am crediting a little of that to glycogen but my carbs did not come down that much from what they already were. I would guess 1-1.5lbs of that was probably fat.

I am planning to go do a little cardio at lunch then go in for a lift this evening. So far I am definitely please with the Lipodrene Elite, I feel good on it. Energy is strong enough but not overbearing and the appetite suppression is great.
Nice!!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice!!!!!!
Thanks ManimalPatB 3 lbs off the top first week is a good start for sure!!!!

Okay, so I have my program planned out and written. It's funny I was writing it for someone else. Trying to get them into great shape all around, while minimizing direct cardio, continuously pushing strength, and keeping somewhat athletic through working speed and explosiveness as well. By the time I finished writing it, I wanted to do the damn thing myself too!!!!!! If I can keep the pace up that is needed for this, I am going to really look great in the end.

Tonights lift will be Leg and CHest Movements

Day - 1
Squats - Potentiating sets - work up in weight until I can no longer hit 6 reps - should take 5-6 sets
Leg Press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps @4-0-1-0 tempo

Bench Press - Potentiating sets - work up in weight until I can no longer hit 6 reps - should take 5-6 sets
Incline Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps @4-0-1-0

Feeder Sets - 100 Reps AFAP of each Side Raise and Rear Delts work

I may not flab bench as the main lift for chest, we will see how it feels. I may end up doing weighted dips, using a machine, or doing inclines here instead. I just need to see what my shoulder thinks about each movement. Since my shoulder is not 100% I will only go to an RPE8, and then repeat that weight for one more set instead of finding a 6 rep max.

Day 2 - Metabolic & Muscular Endurance - Dumbbell Giant Set Complex 1 + Abs & Calves

Day 3 - Rest - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Day-4 - Mechanical focus like day 1, but with Dead Lifts and a Pull Up movement.

Day 5 - Metabolic & Muscular Endurance - Dumbbell Giant Set Complex 2 + Abs & Calves

Day 6 - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Day 7 - Full Body - Metabolic Hypertrophy Focus

Day 8 - Full Body Speed & Explosiveness

Day 9 - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Rinse and Repeat!!!!!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ManimalPatB 3 lbs off the top first week is a good start for sure!!!!

Okay, so I have my program planned out and written. It's funny I was writing it for someone else. Trying to get them into great shape all around, while minimizing direct cardio, continuously pushing strength, and keeping somewhat athletic through working speed and explosiveness as well. By the time I finished writing it, I wanted to do the damn thing myself too!!!!!! If I can keep the pace up that is needed for this, I am going to really look great in the end.

Tonights lift will be Leg and CHest Movements

Day - 1
Squats - Potentiating sets - work up in weight until I can no longer hit 6 reps - should take 5-6 sets
Leg Press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps @4-0-1-0 tempo

Bench Press - Potentiating sets - work up in weight until I can no longer hit 6 reps - should take 5-6 sets
Incline Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps @4-0-1-0

Feeder Sets - 100 Reps AFAP of each Side Raise and Rear Delts work

I may not flab bench as the main lift for chest, we will see how it feels. I may end up doing weighted dips, using a machine, or doing inclines here instead. I just need to see what my shoulder thinks about each movement. Since my shoulder is not 100% I will only go to an RPE8, and then repeat that weight for one more set instead of finding a 6 rep max.

Day 2 - Metabolic & Muscular Endurance - Dumbbell Giant Set Complex 1 + Abs & Calves

Day 3 - Rest - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Day-4 - Mechanical focus like day 1, but with Dead Lifts and a Pull Up movement.

Day 5 - Metabolic & Muscular Endurance - Dumbbell Giant Set Complex 2 + Abs & Calves

Day 6 - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Day 7 - Full Body - Metabolic Hypertrophy Focus

Day 8 - Full Body Speed & Explosiveness

Day 9 - will be a "rest day" I will most likely do something on rest days, more likely to be a Neural Charge workout to keep my CNS firing optimally or maybe some LISS or both.

Rinse and Repeat!!!!!
Looks like alot of work! I guess that's what it takes to be you :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like alot of work! I guess that's what it takes to be you :)
Oh yeah it is a lot of work but many varying types. Don't let the fact I plan to do a little something on my rest days leave you thinking they will be like full on workouts. In reality going and taking a walk at lunch would qualify as LISS on that one. As far as the neural workouts they actually supercharge your CNS, and don't tax the muscular system enough to damage it at all. So you actually end up recovering MORE as a result of doing them.

If things seem to be just too much here it is an easy adjustment to just make this a Mon-Tuesday and Thurs-Friday workout and just rotate through the 6 workouts on those days. Other than the metabolic giant set days the volume is really not all that high, and even on the giant set days the volume is not high for any one body part so much as being an overall high volume workout due to being full body.

I have done many different workouts to and in all honesty some I only worked out 3 days per week but the overall volume was higher. Other times I trained full body 3 times a week with only 2 work sets per body part with various intensifiers added to each workout. It really just all depends on how it is all planned out. I refuse to focus purely on hypertrophy any longer. I ended up stiff and not moving as well. Constantly worried about pulling hamstrings and what not. So now I try to work towards whatever my main goal while maintaining my physicality as well. This one is focused on expending large amounts of energy frequently, creating an environment that stimulates fat burning through EPOC, and hypertrophy through the metabolic training that is often used to create the oxygen debt, and just touching on the mechanical enough to drive strength adaptations as well. If nothing else this should keep muscle on me while shredding some fat.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah it is a lot of work but many varying types. Don't let the fact I plan to do a little something on my rest days leave you thinking they will be like full on workouts. In reality going and taking a walk at lunch would qualify as LISS on that one. As far as the neural workouts they actually supercharge your CNS, and don't tax the muscular system enough to damage it at all. So you actually end up recovering MORE as a result of doing them.

If things seem to be just too much here it is an easy adjustment to just make this a Mon-Tuesday and Thurs-Friday workout and just rotate through the 6 workouts on those days. Other than the metabolic giant set days the volume is really not all that high, and even on the giant set days the volume is not high for any one body part so much as being an overall high volume workout due to being full body.

I have done many different workouts to and in all honesty some I only worked out 3 days per week but the overall volume was higher. Other times I trained full body 3 times a week with only 2 work sets per body part with various intensifiers added to each workout. It really just all depends on how it is all planned out. I refuse to focus purely on hypertrophy any longer. I ended up stiff and not moving as well. Constantly worried about pulling hamstrings and what not. So now I try to work towards whatever my main goal while maintaining my physicality as well. This one is focused on expending large amounts of energy frequently, creating an environment that stimulates fat burning through EPOC, and hypertrophy through the metabolic training that is often used to create the oxygen debt, and just touching on the mechanical enough to drive strength adaptations as well. If nothing else this should keep muscle on me while shredding some fat.
I'm alternating exercises and workout regime just like you. For a few weeks heavy with less sets, then a month of body weight exercises and focus on range of motion.
It just feels right -and we older dudes rely more on flexibility and strong tendons.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm alternating exercises and workout regime just like you. For a few weeks heavy with less sets, then a month of body weight exercises and focus on range of motion.
It just feels right -and we older dudes rely more on flexibility and strong tendons.
Absolutely, we do not want to create weaknesses or imbalances. We can train for strength but also have to train the other areas to keep our body healthy and pliable. One of the first things that people lose as part of aging is the ability to be explosive. Not having the ability to be explosive causes a high percentage of the falls from the elderly. They simply lack the explosiveness to correct a mis-step or trip and end up going down. It isn't from a lack of balance so much as simply being unable to move with any level of explosiveness to correct when they do lose balance or trip.

Things like that are way too important to neglect going into the later years.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Two words: More Fiber.

:D

Okay, so last night was a great leg workout and a total bust on the push portion of the lift... my shoulder basically said no on the 5 different exercises I started trying to warm up for. I simply was not going to risk it so I did a little walking on the treadmill instead.

High Bar Squats ATG - Bar x 10, 95x6, 135x6, 185x6, 225x6, 245x6, 275x6, 315x6
Leg Press - Tempo 4-0-1-0 - 12 plates x10, 14 plates x10, 16 plates x10, 16 plates x10

Multiple attempts at upper body push work, everything inflamed my shoulder by the 2nd or 3rd warm up set... Ended up doing about 10 "warm Up" sets on Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flat HS bench, Incline HS Bench, Flat and Incline DB Bench. No matter which one I chose my shoulder was feeling it so I decided to just do a little walking on the treadmill and then head home.

Today was supposed to be my big DB workout but I did not get any sleep at all last night and there was no way I was going in to the gym early in the morning. I also have a dinner planned to celebrate my son's birthday tonight. We will be going out to a steak house. So no time to workout then. I decided to take my happy ass up on the roof of the parking garage and do a Sprinting and Slastix Battle Rope complex. Each slastix battle rope has 105lbs of resistance when stretched out.

I did a lot of upper body work, pressing, rowing, slamming, swinging side to side, throwing punches,as well as some squats & lunges against the resistance. I did multiple different exercises with them. I would do 1 minute of constant work with them then walk down the ramp to the 12th floor and walk over to the edge and back to the ramp and then I sprinted up the ramp as fast as I could to grab the ropes and start again. Best estimate on distance of ramp is 40 yards.

I was soaked by the end of it. Man if you EVER get a chance to use some Stroops Slastix Battle Ropes do yourself a favor and do it. They are freaking amazeballs!!! They even have another higher level of resistance too, I think it is like 150lbs resistance per rope with the bigger ones. Anything you thought kicked your ass about a battle rope is seriously amplified with the resistance battle ropes!!!!

Diet has been on point the last few days. averaging 2400-2500 cals with 225-250 grams protein, 100+ fats and 150 carbs on lifting days surrounding the workout.

Today I missed a meal but that is okay, I will make up for it tonight at dinner. Carbs have been low today, I might go for a sweet potato or some fries with my steak.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I've started incorporating density training..sweating more than I ever have since high school football practice..loving it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I bet it was plenty hot on that roof top!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've started incorporating density training..sweating more than I ever have since high school football practice..loving it
No doubt I love the intensity. I almost tossed cookies when it was over. Had to walk it off twice...
I bet it was plenty hot on that roof top!!!
It was but luckily a little overcast! I also had my 32 oz of ice water on hand and close proximity to work... somebody must be learning! :)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Okay, so last night was a great leg workout and a total bust on the push portion of the lift... my shoulder basically said no on the 5 different exercises I started trying to warm up for. I simply was not going to risk it so I did a little walking on the treadmill instead.

Leg Press - Tempo 4-0-1-0 - 12 plates x10, 14 plates x10, 16 plates x10, 16 plates x10

Multiple attempts at upper body push work, everything inflamed my shoulder by the 2nd or 3rd warm up set... Ended up doing about 10 "warm Up" sets on Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flat HS bench, Incline HS Bench, Flat and Incline DB Bench. No matter which one I chose my shoulder was feeling it so I decided to just do a little walking on the treadmill and then head home.

Today was supposed to be my big DB workout but I did not get any sleep at all last night and there was no way I was going in to the gym early in the morning. I also have a dinner planned to celebrate my son's birthday tonight. We will be going out to a steak house. So no time to workout then. I decided to take my happy ass up on the roof of the parking garage and do a Sprinting and Slastix Battle Rope complex. Each slastix battle rope has 105lbs of resistance when stretched out.

I did a lot of upper body work, pressing, rowing, slamming, swinging side to side, throwing punches,as well as some squats & lunges against the resistance. I did multiple different exercises with them. I would do 1 minute of constant work with them then walk down the ramp to the 12th floor and walk over to the edge and back to the ramp and then I sprinted up the ramp as fast as I could to grab the ropes and start again. Best estimate on distance of ramp is 40 yards.

I was soaked by the end of it. Man if you EVER get a chance to use some Stroops Slastix Battle Ropes do yourself a favor and do it. They are freaking amazeballs!!! They even have another higher level of resistance too, I think it is like 150lbs resistance per rope with the bigger ones. Anything you thought kicked your ass about a battle rope is seriously amplified with the resistance battle ropes!!!!

Diet has been on point the last few days. averaging 2400-2500 cals with 225-250 grams protein, 100+ fats and 150 carbs on lifting days surrounding the workout.

Today I missed a meal but that is okay, I will make up for it tonight at dinner. Carbs have been low today, I might go for a sweet potato or some fries with my steak.
Roof of a parking garage workout! That just sounds bad ass!
I'm impressed that you can sprint! I can't hardly jog.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The head of our training crew is 50, he's a Masters Pro strongman and will be competing in Masters World's Strongest Man in Ireland in 3 weeks (and this isn't his first time doing so).

I seriously don't understand how he survives his own training. He trains generally full body like 4x a week at least, and active recovery other days. But one thing he is big on is listening to his body and knowing when to sub out movements or back down his RPE or specific volume to work around nagging issues. You can't train if you hurt yourself after all.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Nooo, not a sweet potatoe, they will all laugh at you....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The head of our training crew is 50, he's a Masters Pro strongman and will be competing in Masters World's Strongest Man in Ireland in 3 weeks (and this isn't his first time doing so).

I seriously don't understand how he survives his own training. He trains generally full body like 4x a week at least, and active recovery other days. But one thing he is big on is listening to his body and knowing when to sub out movements or back down his RPE or specific volume to work around nagging issues. You can't train if you hurt yourself after all.
it's all about genetics...some guys have an amazing ability to heal after injuries, others like me develop arthritis over time and limits what we can do.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any update photos? I wanna see some results.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dog play toy and all!
I am well aware of the first page. That was 8 days ago and 3 pages back. I expect results. It's been 8 days! Show me results!!![/QUOTE]

Dam you tough! lol

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Dog play toy and all!
I am well aware of the first page. That was 8 days ago and 3 pages back. I expect results. It's been 8 days! Show me results!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would have a lot more weight to it if you hadn't been AWOL for the past 2 months!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am well aware of the first page. That was 8 days ago and 3 pages back. I expect results. It's been 8 days! Show me results!!!
Yeah, that would have a lot more weight to it if you hadn't been AWOL for the past 2 months![/QUOTE]

Is that a pun? I wasn't sure :)

We aren't here to talk about me. We are here to discuss MrKleen73. Let's try to keep focused.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Roof of a parking garage workout! That just sounds bad ass!
I'm impressed that you can sprint! I can't hardly jog.
I had to work toward it and my sprinting form is far better than my distance running! Plus I do hill sprints, you are far less likely to injure yourself doing hill sprints. You can't really over or hyperextend yourself due to the incline. Sprints on flat pound my knees more. I have to start with only hills to build up to that again!

No doubt, this looks like a ton but the weights I will be using on the dumbbell workouts are basically making it HIIT cardio with weights. Will basically only provide blood flow, pump, and some extra volume for hypertrophy sake. Should be good for connective tissue recovery with all the increased circulation and light weights. My first workout I will only use 25's and 15's at 20 reps per set.

I am learning my lesson, and breaking and adjusting quickly. If this workout even seems like too much I will adjust, or abandon it post haste.
Nooo, not a sweet potatoe, they will all laugh at you....
Shoot, I love em!
it's all about genetics...some guys have an amazing ability to heal after injuries, others like me develop arthritis over time and limits what we can do.
This!!! I have arthritis too... always a fun process learning to work around it and still push the envelope.

Any update photos? I wanna see some results.
I will take some Saturday.

Dog play toy and all!
I am still dropping weight which is not surprising considering I have done more conditioning than lifting so far. My upper abdomen is where I am seeing the weight come off.

I am well aware of the first page. That was 8 days ago and 3 pages back. I expect results. It's been 8 days! Show me results!!!
Dam you tough! lol[/QUOTE]
No doubt!

Yeah, that would have a lot more weight to it if you hadn't been AWOL for the past 2 months!
Is that a pun? I wasn't sure :)

We aren't here to talk about me. We are here to discuss MrKleen73. Let's try to keep focused.[/QUOTE]Nice redirect! :)

Today is a day off, I have been tired the last day or two so I am actually taking a full on rest day today. Nutrition has been good today, but I am going to have to pick up my water consumption a bit more. I didn't notice today that I hadn't drank but about 32 oz up until I got off work... Add 2 large cups of coffee to that and I have some catching up to do...