love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you back Kat
Thank you! I should log more. Just gets boring. Haha I’ve been around posting for BLR though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting There !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not so sure about the very slowly... You are making great progress and full body workouts are taxing and the fatigue from each lift builds on the next so what may seem slow is relative to the type of workout this is. How are the muscles responding is the real question, are you seeing any difference in physique?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not so sure about the very slowly... You are making great progress and full body workouts are taxing and the fatigue from each lift builds on the next so what may seem slow is relative to the type of workout this is. How are the muscles responding is the real question, are you seeing any difference in physique?
Thanks...overall, tbh, I haven’t seen much change at all. Maaaaaaybe a little bit in my legs. I actually feel like my shoulders have shrunk. I know it’s too early to tell, but I feel like my shoulders were responding fairly well to me hitting them from all angles. Now, I will also say, I haven’t been eating in a surplus- so I don’t expect to really gain a lot of muscle. Just recomp. I just started taking phentermine Friday too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks...overall, tbh, I haven’t seen much change at all. Maaaaaaybe a little bit in my legs. I actually feel like my shoulders have shrunk. I know it’s too early to tell, but I feel like my shoulders were responding fairly well to me hitting them from all angles. Now, I will also say, I haven’t been eating in a surplus- so I don’t expect to really gain a lot of muscle. Just recomp. I just started taking phentermine Friday too.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind the shoulders will look better being hit from all angles. Also shoulders love extra volume. You might try adding in some feeder sets of raises, pressing is only going to get the front delts for the most part. Maybe do 1 light weight AMRAP set of side a and rear delt raises at the end of each workout and I bet they fill out like a mofo! That or alternate doing one of them after each workout.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely no doubt in my mind the shoulders will look better being hit from all angles. Also shoulders love extra volume. You might try adding in some feeder sets of raises, pressing is only going to get the front delts for the most part. Maybe do 1 light weight AMRAP set of side a and rear delt raises at the end of each workout and I bet they fill out like a mofo! That or alternate doing one of them after each workout.
Ok great! That’s what I was thinking. Just wasn’t sure with this new style of training if I needed to just keep doing the very small amount. I have been adding in more shoulder work at least 1 day a week.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok great! That’s what I was thinking. Just wasn’t sure with this new style of training if I needed to just keep doing the very small amount. I have been adding in more shoulder work at least 1 day a week.
Kat definitely listen to kleen! The man knows what he is talking about for sure! Man of so much knowledge I often times just creep his logs just to pick up some tips and tricks of the trade. Hella good dude as well as you already know I'm sure. :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat definitely listen to kleen! The man knows what he is talking about for sure! Man of so much knowledge I often times just creep his logs just to pick up some tips and tricks of the trade. Hella good dude as well as you already know I'm sure. :)
FR! I always love when lays it all out! He’s helped me SOOOOOOOOO much since I met him!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FR! I always love when lays it all out! He’s helped me SOOOOOOOOO much since I met him!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Squat rack was taken both Monday and Wednesday. So leg press and smith Deads it was. Great workout both days though- it’s been nice to move the heavier weight too tbh! Bench up to 100, 55 on Iso lat shoulder press machine, 127 on pulldowns, and 110 on cable rows. Today, my coworker overslept so I had time to add in some extra shoulder work as well as abs...We are started our annual camping trip tonight so, no lifting of Friday. I typically got for hikes, walk/runs while we are here though. So, I’ll be active....and lazy too haha Plenty of hammock and fire time to go with a little exercise. I’ll be posting pics. This is always one I most favorite things each year!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow thanks for the compliment @LiveToLift means a lot!
You are one of my favorite people to help. You listen, absorb and execute which is very refreshing!
Squat rack was taken both Monday and Wednesday. So leg press and smith Deads it was. Great workout both days though- it’s been nice to move the heavier weight too tbh! Bench up to 100, 55 on Iso lat shoulder press machine, 127 on pulldowns, and 110 on cable rows. Today, my coworker overslept so I had time to add in some extra shoulder work as well as abs...We are started our annual camping trip tonight so, no lifting of Friday. I typically got for hikes, walk/runs while we are here though. So, I’ll be active....and lazy too haha Plenty of hammock and fire time to go with a little exercise. I’ll be posting pics. This is always one I most favorite things each year!!
Awesome, I always love your pics from your trips. Enjoy the down time, it's good for the body and soul!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are one of my favorite people to help. You listen, absorb and execute which is very refreshing!

Awesome, I always love your pics from your trips. Enjoy the down time, it's good for the body and soul!
Aww good! I sure take advantage of your help!

Trip was amazing! Many more stories to add to the memory book! We did have to cut it a day short due to rain on Saturday but we went on Wednesday instead of Thursday like usual. So it all worked out! Once I got home I did a ton of cleaning both Saturday and Sunday. In-laws are visiting this weekend - so had to get the house ready along with cleaning up camping stuff. Plus this phentermine has me so motivated, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets, wiped down walls and baseboards...crazy! 🤣
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Aww good! I sure take advantage of your help!

Trip was amazing! Many more stories to add to the memory book! We did have to cut it a day short due to rain on Saturday but we went on Wednesday instead of Thursday like usual. So it all worked out! Once I got home I did a ton of cleaning both Saturday and Sunday. In-laws are visiting this weekend - so had to get the house ready along with cleaning up camping stuff. Plus this phentermine has me so motivated, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets, wiped down walls and baseboards...crazy! 🤣
View attachment 187634View attachment 187635View attachment 187636View attachment 187637View attachment 187638View attachment 187639

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday’s workout was great! Monday’s seem to be the busiest day of the week so we did some bouncing around. Had to do squats in the smith machine bc that was all that was available. I was able to get in some extra shoulder work though along with some ab work. I also went back after getting my son on the bus and did squats in the squat rack. FINALLY got a plate on each side!!!! YAY!!!! I have been having to do leg press instead of squats for the past 2 weeks. The 135 actually felt pretty good! Everything seemed to be firing well! Hopefully, I’ll get to squat again tomorrow!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gorgeous pictures as usual! Makes me miss WVa... Okay I am over that, I like having a job! Camping Lakeside though... that is how it is done!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gorgeous pictures as usual! Makes me miss WVa... Okay I am over that, I like having a job! Camping Lakeside though... that is how it is done!
Thank you! It really is! Not sure I’d know how to camp any other way! Haha

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright, finished my last workout of 5’s. Still haven’t figured out how to pan out the next two weeks. Lol
Finishing numbers:
Squats 155x5 Yay!!
Romanian deads 175x5
Bench 105x5
Pulldowns 142.5x5
Cable rows 122.5x5
ISO lat shoulder press 55x5 (per side)
Ez bar curls 60x5
Ez bar close grip bench 80x5

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright, finished my last workout of 5’s. Still haven’t figured out how to pan out the next two weeks. Lol
Finishing numbers:
Squats 155x5 Yay!!
Romanian deads 175x5
Bench 105x5
Pulldowns 142.5x5
Cable rows 122.5x5
ISO lat shoulder press 55x5 (per side)
Ez bar curls 60x5
Ez bar close grip bench 80x5

You are One Strong Chick = Respect !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You just keep doing 5's with small increases until you aren't making progress if you don't feel beat up. Otherwise just do some cardio or light activity for 10-14 days then go back at it or into another program the focuses on progressive overload.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are One Strong Chick = Respect !!
Thanks! Not too weak but always want to be stronger! Haha

You just keep doing 5's with small increases until you aren't making progress if you don't feel beat up. Otherwise just do some cardio or light activity for 10-14 days then go back at it or into another program the focuses on progressive overload.
Oh perfect! Thanks! That’s what I’ve been doing. Still progressing in the main lifts thankfully! Sorry it took so long to respond! I kept forgetting! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Been stuck on 170x5 on squats since last Friday! Bench and everything else is still good though!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What do you think is holding you back as far as squats Kat
Not real sure. Probably a combination of things. I am eating in a deficit right now, not squatting and only leg pressing for what, 2 years?...and my body seems to take turns progressing in one lift, while pausing in another. I’m not concerned just mentally want more. I will say, legs feel plenty strong to push the weight- it’s more just it feels so crazy heavy everywhere else. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not real sure. Probably a combination of things. I am eating in a deficit right now, not squatting and only leg pressing for what, 2 years?...and my body seems to take turns progressing in one lift, while pausing in another. I’m not concerned just mentally want more. I will say, legs feel plenty strong to push the weight- it’s more just it feels so crazy heavy everywhere else. Lol
I would go ahead and plan a strategic deload for 10-14 days. Just do light activity and switch to more LISS type of cardio. Then come back to it and you will start making some more gains. Just start everything a little bit heavier on this round than you started the last one. On the lifts you are still gaining easily on make a SLIGHTLY bigger jump than the others but not much.

Have your delts come back up with adding in the extra feeder sets of side and rear delt raises?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would go ahead and plan a strategic deload for 10-14 days. Just do light activity and switch to more LISS type of cardio. Then come back to it and you will start making some more gains. Just start everything a little bit heavier on this round than you started the last one. On the lifts you are still gaining easily on make a SLIGHTLY bigger jump than the others but not much.

Have your delts come back up with adding in the extra feeder sets of side and rear delt raises?
Ok. I’ll probably go 1 more week and plan it with the end around thanksgiving. I will probably not be able to go that Friday so then it will time out well.

Delts have done much better with adding the extra sets! I have also noticed some decent reshaping of my quads!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Always good to see you crushing it Kat!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been stuck on 170x5 on squats since last Friday! Bench and everything else is still good though!
Just catching up in here but 170 on squats is damn impressive for a lady beast especially repping out 5 times. Nice job.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your not "stuck" until it has been a few weeks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not stuck so much as stalled. With this program the idea is to progress continually and shut it down on the 5s when not making the progress regularly. Really though with so many optional lifts there is no reason to continue pushing a stalled exercise. Regular Barbell Squats Stall do box squats, front squats, zerchers, even so much as change from high bar to low bar or vice versa for 3-6 weeks and go back and that squat will start moving again. That can be said for most training and better for the body as far as not consistently repeating the same movement patterns. Only time killing a specific lift is important is to get better at it, or if peaking for it for a competition or something.

Many people train Safety Bar Squats most of the year then go to barbell squats for meet prep and still end up hitting great PRs. lots of carry over there.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always good to see you crushing it Kat!
Thanks @BigRed1974

Just catching up in here but 170 on squats is damn impressive for a lady beast especially repping out 5 times. Nice job.
Ha thanks! Just seems small since I was repping 225

Not stuck so much as stalled. With this program the idea is to progress continually and shut it down on the 5s when not making the progress regularly. Really though with so many optional lifts there is no reason to continue pushing a stalled exercise. Regular Barbell Squats Stall do box squats, front squats, zerchers, even so much as change from high bar to low bar or vice versa for 3-6 weeks and go back and that squat will start moving again. That can be said for most training and better for the body as far as not consistently repeating the same movement patterns. Only time killing a specific lift is important is to get better at it, or if peaking for it for a competition or something.

Many people train Safety Bar Squats most of the year then go to barbell squats for meet prep and still end up hitting great PRs. lots of carry over there.
Absolutely! I get a little stuck/limited sometimes with the girl that trains with me...I need to just do what I want and let her do her thing! Lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry it’s been so long since I updated! I did end up taking the past 2 weeks off. I did some LISS but not an excessive amount. I am having trouble with both feet- different issues but will be going to the podiatrist this week to see if he has solutions. Started back on 15’s yesterday. Strength was better starting off this time(as I suspected it would be- not recovering from surgery this time) lactic acid was pretty crazy though! Haha

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and is ready for Christmas! I have been doing some wood work/crafts this year. I have really been having fun with it all too! Here are some pics of my latest projects
80A47AC2-52C2-4B55-9558-418F0F1D0153.jpg
937F7613-7136-4A6A-BA3A-BCD1ED41B428.jpg

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry it’s been so long since I updated! I did end up taking the past 2 weeks off. I did some LISS but not an excessive amount. I am having trouble with both feet- different issues but will be going to the podiatrist this week to see if he has solutions. Started back on 15’s yesterday. Strength was better starting off this time(as I suspected it would be- not recovering from surgery this time) lactic acid was pretty crazy though! Haha

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and is ready for Christmas! I have been doing some wood work/crafts this year. I have really been having fun with it all too! Here are some pics of my latest projects View attachment 188987View attachment 188988

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are so talented and yes do what you need to do and she can follow along or do regressions of what you are doing. No need to let her hold you back. Just tell her keep up as best you can...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need that one with the Cow, Hog and Chicken for my daughter !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are so talented and yes do what you need to do and she can follow along or do regressions of what you are doing. No need to let her hold you back. Just tell her keep up as best you can...
Thank you! I’m such a pushover! Lol...I will be working on that!

I need that one with the Cow, Hog and Chicken for my daughter !
I could totally make you one! I did list them on the local sale sites on FB...just not sure how much shipping would be.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I could totally make you one! I did list them on the local sale sites on FB...just not sure how much shipping would be.
How much do you sell on for !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see them for $50 on FB but I’d do $40 for you!
Do you do pay Pal DM me the info I can handle the shipping, I will send you a shpping label

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Merry Christmas AM Family!
IMG_7998.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So adorable! Merry Christmas back atcha! Your hair is getting so long I love it!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You look like a teenager !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So adorable! Merry Christmas back atcha! Your hair is getting so long I love it!
Thank you! It really has grown lately! I’m glad too! Seems like it’s taken forever but it’s getting healthy again!

You look like a teenager !
Haha snapchat filters are magic 🤣

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My body hates me! Haha I took off about a week around Christmas. Went all last week but apparently I am attacking it with a vengeance! Everything thing still hurts from Friday’s workout and even more from this mornings! ...I switched things back to a push/pull split that I’ve done before. Still playing with some of the specifics but just needing a little mental motivation push.